This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I'm not the despotic regime here! They clearly went in with a strategy of a quick win, minimise carnage to minimise sanctions. So not for a good reason, but for minimising the hit to their reputation on the international scene, while still taking over the country. That was then interpreted as Russian military weakness, so everyone started sending weapons into Ukraine. I don't think that was a smart strategy in terms of protecting the Ukrainians, as all it does is create false confidence against overwhelming force.
    The west didn’t sent weapons to Ukraine because they sensed Russian weakness. What the Russian equivalent of Kool-aid?

As soon as Russia decided to invade, they had already de facto completed the hostile takeover, given their military power.
    De facto? That really doesn’t make any sense there.
    If you are trying to say it’s a foregone conclusion. I think you are over estimating Russian might.

To suggest they should have just laid down and the west should have let Russia rape and pillage their way through Ukraine is abhorrent tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I genuinely think Hitch needs to step away from the keyboard and take a deep breath. He's miles off the reservation.

I thought it was funny for a while, until it wasn't.
      I was willing to give him a "devils advocate" type role but at this point he either doesn't understand what's happening or is just flat out trolling.

Comment

Walked into a shop there without a mask. It kinda felt wrong. Not least as the person behind the deli counter was wearing her mask. Are we all maskless now?
        Yep, maskless. Even after the email from the college saying they want us to wear masks, I decided not to wear one and thankfully nobody gave me any grief. Still plenty of people wearing them which is fair enough too.

Still carry one in my pocket and will make a decision based on whatever situation I'm in but think I'm happy not to wear it in 99% of settings at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

I was willing to give him a "devils advocate" type role but at this point he either doesn't understand what's happening or is just flat out trolling.
          We're too quick to assign trolling to 'I don't agree with this view'.

There probably isn't one correct view of these events. One correct way of approaching these problems. Even now, as we proclaim on here the correct view (no 'appeasement', to use the ideology-infused term), military and political strategists from every major country, will be pondering hundreds of different strategic approaches. They will be extrapolating different ways of doing things, and what the likely outcomes are. They will change and adapt their views over time. Yet, we've honed in on the singular truth? pfft.

My perspective is quite valid, I think. It focuses on minimising immediate harm in order to maintain strength for the dark reality of a long war ahead.

Calling that 'trolling' is simply wrong, and a bit silly. Its by considering different perspectives that we can either adapt our views over time, or firm up support for our existing ideas through having considered alternative perspectives and dismissed them for valid reasons.
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

There probably isn't one correct view of these events. One correct way of approaching these problems. Even now, as we proclaim on here the correct view (no 'appeasement', to use the ideology-infused term), military and political strategists from every major country, will be pondering hundreds of different strategic approaches. They will be extrapolating different ways of doing things, and what the likely outcomes are. They will change and adapt their views over time. Yet, we've honed in on the singular truth? pfft.

My perspective is quite valid, I think. It focuses on minimising immediate harm in order to maintain strength for the dark reality of a long war ahead.

Calling that 'trolling' is simply wrong, and a bit silly. Its by considering different perspectives that we can either adapt our views over time, or firm up support for our existing ideas through having considered alternative perspectives and dismissed them for valid reasons.
            If I was simply going to label it trolling by just disagreeing with you, I'd have done it a fortnight ago.

I do think you're looking at it in completely the wrong way and expecting a country to stop defending itself after being invaded is mind boggling to me.

If we were invaded, I'd expect the majority of men to step up and arm themselves also but fingers crossed we never see those days here again.

Your perspective seems to be for Ukraine to stop defending itself and for other countries to stop sending ammunition. Cant remember the exact quote from the president but it was along the lines of "I dont need a ride, I need ammunition" when people went to evacuate him.

To me, that perspective is wrong. Why should they stop and juat let Russia take over. Apologies if that's not what you mean but it's how all your posts come across.

Comment

More generally: 'Comical Sasha', 'worse than Wallace', 'trolling', 'would run away from a 5 year old bully', 'like telling rape victims not to fight back'. hmm - maybe that's just the quality of the conversation, but it feels a wee bit substandard.

I do like the perspectives of e.g. Tar, RichieM, coillcam, DP, solks, strew, to mention some recent posts I could remember (despite most of those posters strongly disagreeing with me on some points). Its just that there's an analytic approach. We can get stupid takes everywhere. We can get ra-ra its a football match takes everywhere. Boards is a cesspit of that.

meh, just my personal preference. Maybe the time now is for those types of posts, to feed on the emotion of the event. Its just not my particular approach.

Comment

I do agree with Hitch on one thing and it’s the Civilians taking up arms . I fear for what might happen to these brave souls. I hope the hysteria of it all doesn’t get them killed. I also fear of Russian escalation of the violence and the deaths going into the 10s of 1000s. I know there are people dying all over the world similarly and believe me it grieves me however seeing this all unfold like is has is making me feel on the one hand inspired by such bravery and on the other fearful on it’s possible foolhardiness . The bottom line is I want Putin erased from the future history of the region . (and I don’t care if he’s somebodys grandfather). Looking into the scared eyes of the children is as upsetting as looking into the eyes of the starving children in other parts of the world. Feeling helpless to do anything is the biggest downer one can possibly feel. (family aside)

Comment

I do think you're looking at it in completely the wrong way and expecting a country to stop defending itself after being invaded is mind boggling to me.
                  No, that wasn't it. But maybe I wasn't clear enough. Of course, Ukraine will defend itself. But we shouldn't be encouraging a deeply entrenched war through the armaments we send.

Your perspective seems to be for Ukraine to stop defending itself and for other countries to stop sending ammunition.
                  But, then yes to the latter point here. To acknowledge that the only real endpoint of sending ammunition is to deepen the battle and increase the carnage.

As i mentioned before, I don't think there's any war in history where more armaments against overwhelming force didn't lead to anything other than increased deaths among the afflicted side. Which is the opposite of the goal that most people would want, or at least the initial goal that most people were focused on. But that now seems to have morphed into a wider aim of taking a global stand in Ukraine against a reborn USSR.

Comment

No, that wasn't it. But maybe I wasn't clear enough. Of course, Ukraine will defend itself. But we shouldn't be encouraging a deeply entrenched war through the armaments we send.

But, then yes to the latter point here. To acknowledge that the only real endpoint of sending ammunition is to deepen the battle and increase the carnage.

As i mentioned before, I don't think there's any war in history where more armaments against overwhelming force didn't lead to anything other than increased deaths among the afflicted side. Which is the opposite of the goal that most people would want, or at least the initial goal that most people were focused on. But that now seems to have morphed into a wider aim of taking a global stand in Ukraine against a reborn USSR.
                    So you reckon the rest of the world should collectively shrug its shoulders and tell Ukraine they are on their own?

Comment

We literally have our 21st century version of Hitler gobbling up lebensraum in Ukraine (hardly a shock, he's been doing it for years). Whatever Ukraine asks for, we should give it to them.

Or else it's Moldova next, then the Baltics and maybe a tasty morsel of Poland.

Not a time to be appeasing or excusing with whataboutism.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Time to call his bluff . Take his nuclear threat seriously , this goes beyond the Ukraine conflict. China and the USA need to discuss this threat to the planet and figure how to eliminate it . Im shocked Putin hadnt been directly challenged on this .

Comment

I don’t think the trolling label has anything to do with disagreement. People disagree here all the time. It’s healthy.
                          And having an edgy controversial take is kind of your MO these days. But some of the things you’ve said are pretty out there, so far out there that many are probably finding it hard to believe that these are genuine opinions
                          There probably isn't one correct view of these events. One correct way of approaching these problems.
                          There’s aspect that are grey areas. Where it’s impossible to say at this stage what the perfect line might be.
                          But idea that its anyone other than Russia is to blame is not one of those aspects. It is simply wrong.

Comment

More generally: 'Comical Sasha', 'worse than Wallace', 'trolling', 'would run away from a 5 year old bully', 'like telling rape victims not to fight back'. hmm - maybe that's just the quality of the conversation, but it feels a wee bit substandard.

You should do a little timeline of the absolute drivel you've posted from the last 8 days alongside what has actually happened before you give out about the quality of conversation.

​​​​​

Comment

On a not unrelated note, webhave neighbours here, 2 across the street from Romania and Lithuania and a Polish family on the other side. Obviously they've been out chatting more frequently this week and the Romanian and Lithuanian families are trying to get their families out of the countries and over here with them.

Their thinking, and its probably not a million miles off, is that they could be next and sooner than we think. Must be frightening times for them.

Comment

Which is the opposite of the goal that most people would want, or at least the initial goal that most people were focused on. But that now seems to have morphed into a wider aim of taking a global stand in Ukraine against a reborn USSR.
                                I think generally, there was an air of business as usual up until Russia went into Ukraine. There was weeks of posturing and sabre rattling and "of course this is just a training excercise" that everyone saw for what it was but ultimately expected a quick, limited land grab and thats it. Land bridge and out effectively. Another round of appeasement done and dusted.
                                Now maybe if the full weight of sanctions were used then, we'd be having a different conversation but we are not.
                                You could well make the argument that actions to this extent should have been made years ago, but it was avoided as it wasn't palatable to hurt the bottom line at the time.
                                This form of appeasement has been repaid in full by Russia.

There seems to be, amongst most if not all western nations, a real concern that this could escatate out of control very quickly. The influx of weaponary and support into Ukraine could also be used as a time sink for Russian forces while the rest of europe decides what its next actions are.

Longer term, pre arming a hostile populace against Russian invaders is a tried and trusted approach. The larger question of what happens afterwards is being largely ignored for now.
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

On a not unrelated note, webhave neighbours here, 2 across the street from Romania and Lithuania and a Polish family on the other side. Obviously they've been out chatting more frequently this week and the Romanian and Lithuanian families are trying to get their families out of the countries and over here with them.

Their thinking, and its probably not a million miles off, is that they could be next and sooner than we think. Must be frightening times for them.
                                  Friend of mine works next to a logistics company. The place has been heaving the last few days of people bring parcels and boxes of stuff to send to Ukraine, the estate is packed with people and freight.
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

that seems significant
                                    This is their full customer notice

SPOILER

March 01, 2022
                                    Dear Customer,
                                    At A.P. Moller – Maersk, we are deeply concerned by how the crisis keeps escalating in Ukraine. We are closely following the ever-evolving situation with governments posing new sanctions against Russia and the regular adjustments that are being made to the list of restrictions. With that in mind, we now see the clear need to establish new and revise existing processes of accepting and handling bookings.
                                    We are also starting to see the effect on global supply chain flows such as delays and detention of cargo by customs authorities across various transshipment hubs – overall resulting in unpredictable operational impacts.
                                    As the stability and safety of our operations is already being directly and indirectly impacted by sanctions, new Maersk bookings within ocean, air and intercontinental rail to and from Russia will be temporarily suspended, with the exception of foodstuffs, medical and humanitarian supplies (bar dual-use items).
                                    This exception is to underline that our company is focusing on social responsibility and making the efforts to support society despite all the complications and uncertainties within the current supply chain to/from Russia.
                                    The suspension will begin today and cover all Russian gateway ports. We will announce further details during today and the coming days as we progress with the planning.  
                                    Every decision we have made during this crisis has been with Maersk employee safety and customer supply chains in mind, and these will continue to be our top priorities in light of the newest developments. We will also continue to put plans in place so that all affected employees and their families get the support needed.
                                    It is key for Maersk that we minimise supply chain disruption and do not add to the global congestion in ports and depots. For cargo already underway and bookings placed before this suspension was announced, we will do our utmost to deliver it to its intended destination. Consequently, we will still call Russia although we will not accept new bookings unless they belong in the exception categories mentioned above.
                                    However, please expect significant delays as countries such as the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany are holding back vessels en route to Russia in search of restricted commodities, primarily dual-use items. The inspections of export and transshipment cargo bound for Russia are related to implementing procedures to comply with sanctions and export controls recently imposed by different jurisdictions.
                                    Our teams are in constant contact with the local customs and port authorities to speed up the release of all goods not impacted by sanctions and export controls, giving priority to humanitarian items such as foods, medicines and hygiene and personal care. The delays are expected to have ripple effects across the regional ocean network, resulting in further delays and congestion.
                                    As Maersk acts in full compliance with legal regulations and its policies, we cannot receive from or make payments to any sanctioned Russian banks, or any other sanctioned party.
                                    Giving you the best ability to manage your supply chain is of the utmost importance to us and we are working to give you everything you need to run your global logistics in these circumstances. We will keep monitoring the situation and reviewing impacts from sanctions, with an ambition to stabilise operations as quickly as we can. If you are affected by the above sanctions and export controls, please do not hesitate to contact our Maersk Customer Experience teams to discuss options and solutions for your cargo. Please also continue to visit our web advisory page on Maersk.com for the latest updates. 
                                    Best regards,
                                    A.P. Moller – Maersk

Comment

To a large extent the Ukrainians have been delaying rather than head on engaging with the Russians.

Building defences, stockpiling weapons, arming the people etc etc.

The long war ahead starts now that the convoy has reached the capital.

Getting to a cities outskirts is one thing but taking said city and then keeping it from exploding is very different.

A lot of body bags going back across the boarder, forcing soldier's to shell civilians and being in a city where the whole population is trained to and likely wants to kill you.

The longer it is drawn out the greater the chances the soldiers decide to turn around.

The longer it goes on without a decisive win while economic sanctions start to hurt, parents bury their kids and the folks at home in Russia catch glimpses of the media from the rest of the world the more likely they are to riot in the streets.

Is it a week, month, year that Putin has to win and get home I don’t know but the Ukraine is looking to run the clock out not win the war. Or so is my take on it.

Comment

So do the covid vaccines kill us or not ?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post

You should do a little timeline of the absolute drivel you've posted from the last 8 days alongside what has actually happened before you give out about the quality of conversation.

​​​​​
                                          Hitch has been posting drivel about Russia for far longer than that.

It's just that it is starkly evident now at how much drivel it is.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Friend of mine works next to a logistics company. The place has been heaving the last few days of people bring parcels and boxes of stuff to send to Ukraine, the estate is packed with people and freight.
                                            Yeah, I've seen clubs and people all over social media organising collections. While its commendable, the red cross has asked for people to donate money via official channels so as to not clog up supply lines.

Here in Ashbourne the Aldi got over run with people leaving trollies of donations so the GAA club opened up to take things in. A local Polish man who is a Poland-Ireland courier is taking everything to Poland in his van.

Its amazing to see such solidarity.

Comment

If there's a silver lining to Hitches posting it's the reassurance that if Ireland was invaded he would be one of the first to be shot by the defenders as a fifth columnist

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post

This is the chap who was accusing everyone baffled by his woefully shit analysis of the situation of being credulous Sky News devouring sheeple and/or John Le Carre fantasists. Projection I think the psychologists call it.

Comment

Its amazing to see such solidarity.
                                                  Yes and the people (think you mentioned this already) going back to fight for their country knowing they may not come back.

I’m in absolute awe of them. Such bravery to leave a comfortable position, family etc to do so.

I do understand Hitches point to a certain degree that it could be looked on as foolhardy but i’d like to think i’d do the same, even though i’d be grossly inadequate.

Heroes is a term thrown around fairly loosely at times but by god, these people fit the description.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Yes and the people (think you mentioned this already) going back to fight for their country knowing they may not come back.

I’m in absolute awe of them. Such bravery to leave a comfortable position, family etc to do so.

I do understand Hitches point to a certain degree that it could be looked on as foolhardy but i’d like to think i’d do the same, even though i’d be grossly inadequate.

Heroes is a term thrown around fairly loosely at times but by god, these people fit the description.
                                                    This is a video of some of the lads. Some have military experience and others even have their body armour with them but as you say, leaving a comfortable life here to head for a warzone. Unreal. They since made contact with this reporter and they were on their way to Kyiv after arriving safely and leaving Poland.

Comment

Je suis Hitch
                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I appreciate the upping of the ante to: shooting is too good for him, he'd be the first to betray Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

In both cases the invaders were ultimately defeated and left. I think that’s what the people of the Ukraine are going for.
                                                          Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                          The Ukraine has military service so they have a lot of people who are trained. In terms of numbers of combatants it’s not as one sided as you expect in a ground war.
                                                          Tis a minor point but the 'The' pisses off Ukrainians, though I guess they've more things to worry about.
                                                          Putting 'The' before it is a Russian thing with an inbuilt implication that it's a province or a territory.
                                                          The country is just Ukraine since independence.
                                                          Why It's 'Ukraine,' Not 'the Ukraine' | Time

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Tis a minor point but the 'The' pisses off Ukrainians, though I guess they've more things to worry about.
                                                            Putting 'The' before it is a Russian thing with an inbuilt implication that it's a province or a territory.

I blame george hamilton.
                                                            Football commentary coloured most of our early geographical knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Thanks for the correction.

One of the hiring managers for one my best clients is Ukrainian and I deal with him a lot that’s really good to know.

Well also best not to be consistently miss naming a country. I presume it’s similar to correcting people about Ireland not being part of Britain.

Comment

How much of that is "useful idiot" messaging?

Comment

Brown pants please

Comment

Lol. What a mad cunt. If they can see him and hes holding a phone or whatever they likely think it's a sniper I assume. He doesnt seem to even give a shit and just moves for a better angle fair balls on him.

Comment

I really hope for a peaceful solution to this situation in Ukraine, and that we can all live in peace," he added.

"Hopefully all parties can find a solution by sitting together and through a respectful dialogue.

Above from russian F1 driver kyvat whinging aboutthe call to ban russians from sporting events

Go fuck yourself with your situation like its fucking ambiguous. And Ukraine tried the sitting down for the re spectful dialogue while your countrymen took the opportunity to bomb the shit out of khirkov. russian cunt.

Comment

At least 80% of Tesco masked.

Comment

DART about 50%, off to see 'that' play now and LUAS looks about 75%.

Comment

Comment

If you're trying of Wordle
                                                                              here's a new word game you could try.

Put Hitch on mute and then try to figure out what words he's used
                                                                              based on the responses of other posters.

You'll be amazed what your mind comes up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                DART about 50%, off to see 'that' play now and LUAS looks about 75%.
                                                                                You're a more sophisticated playgoer than me, so maybe it will come across as amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                  I really hope for a peaceful solution to this situation in Ukraine, and that we can all live in peace," he added.

"Hopefully all parties can find a solution by sitting together and through a respectful dialogue.

Above from russian F1 driver kyvat whinging aboutthe call to ban russians from sporting events

Go fuck yourself with your situation like its fucking ambiguous. And Ukraine tried the sitting down for the re spectful dialogue while your countrymen took the opportunity to bomb the shit out of khirkov. russian cunt.
                                                                                  Yeah, I hate that. Calling it a situation or a crisis.

Had it in college yesterday, some gowl of a lecturer did a piece about it for some reason and had slides, on the slides he referred to it as the "Ukraine-Russia crisis". I asked would it not be more accurate to call it the Russian invasion. He started stumbling over his words eeehh eeehh uuummm and just said no and cracked on.

If you're not supporting Ukraine here and calling it exactly what it is, you'll be on the wrong side of history.

Comment

Fucking academics amirite

Comment

Muted a fair few WhatsApp groups there that were causing stress just following them. There's just too much information on the modern phone. Endless notifications. LinkedIn were sending about 20 notifications a day until I decided to do something about it.

Comment

Fucking academics amirite
                                                                                        Same gowl I txt you about too. Awful awful person.

Comment

Imagine getting Linked in notifications
                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1714559&d=1646164753&type=thumb
                                                                                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              Imagine getting notifications
                                                                                              Fyp

Know people who don’t even stop notifications for WhatsApp groups
                                                                                              utter savagery
                                                                                              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Is Putin still in his lair about to get overthrown by the oligarchs cos his army Ukraine are about to run out of fuel, food and rockets?

This things only getting going- the brutality hasn’t even begun
                                                                                                Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Saw this on Reddit. Its a quiz show from 1978 on RTE. Its slightly fascinating. The first guy is something else.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                                                    Is Putin still in his lair about to get overthrown by the oligarchs cos his army Ukraine are about to run out of fuel, food and rockets?

This things only getting going- the brutality hasn’t even begun
                                                                                                    I know it's been said a million times, and you've responded that you're not actually like this in real life, but your online persona is so unrelentingly miserable. Surely it can't be in any way healthy to have such negativity within you?

Comment

Saw this on Reddit. Its a quiz show from 1978 on RTE. Its slightly fascinating. The first guy is something else.
                                                                                                      Ha some of us used to watch that when it was on! Can't even remember if we had a colour TV, might have been watching it in black and white.
                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Some of the questions are very of their time. One question is about what is 3pm in the 24 hour clock, and the guy has the look of someone thinking 'do i look like a rocket scientist who lives on the moon in a little house made of maths?'

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

I know it's been said a million times, and you've responded that you're not actually like this in real life, but your online persona is so unrelentingly miserable. Surely it can't be in any way healthy to have such negativity within you?
                                                                                                          Perfectly healthy- of all posts I’m not sure why a realistic and fairly uncontroversial comment about what’s happening in Ukraine seems to offend you. I can post baseless wish fulfilment marvel movie fantasies from Twitter and Reddit if you’d like?

also refer to the thread title - I’m way more on topic than most here
                                                                                                          Last edited by MysteryGuest; 01-03-22, 21:39.

Comment

Bunny comes across as a bit of a condescending cunt.

Comment

Also. just did another antigen test - Je suis riddled!

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                                This was more to musk publicity wise than it will be to any Ukrainian

The SpaceX CEO’s much-praised move to help keep the country online isn’t the magical fix it may seem.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                  Bunny comes across as a bit of a condescending cunt.
                                                                                                                  Met him years ago in Sutton in a tennis club. (Was playing Squash) Drinking the ol Gorta money Bunny ? Tumbleweeds...

Comment

A mere Child has scored against Spurs .

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

This was more to musk publicity wise than it will be to any Ukrainian

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...llites/622954/
                                                                                                                      He clearly did no unbiased research at all, if you google starlink on youtube you will find many happy customers, quite a lot of them in Ireland.

"Last spring, when the product was still in its beta-test phase, some users found that trees on the horizon, sometimes even a single tree, could disrupt the signal. "

Does that sound likely to you? No. Because it's nonsense.

Last edited by Hectorjelly; 01-03-22, 23:01.

Comment

The logical conclusion of what those arguing against the point Hitch has been making about minimising the amount of casualties must be that we go to war with Russia.

Is that really what people want?
                                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

That whole article is nonsense - it makes one kind small point, that the system isn't perfect and then the rest of it is just based on the authors opinion of Musk (hint, he doesn't like him). He clearly did no unbiased research at all, if you google starlink on youtube you will find many happy customers, quite a lot of them in Ireland.

"Last spring, when the product was still in its beta-test phase, some users found that trees on the horizon, sometimes even a single tree, could disrupt the signal. "

Does that sound likely to you? No. Because it's nonsense.

The author is a woman
                                                                                                                          he’s sent a handful of terminals, it’s a war zone now not the leafy suburbs where all the YouTube reviewer fanboys live.

countdown to musk calling the Red Cross paedos is on

i guess the verge hate musk too-their review certainly doesn’t paint a picture of something that will be useful in a war zone, they also mention the single tree blocking line of site issue

Starlink’s website makes all of this crystal clear. “If any object such as a tree, chimney, pole, etc. interrupts the path of the beam, even briefly, your internet service will be interrupted,” says Starlink. “The best guidance we can give is to install your Starlink at the highest elevation possible where it is safe to do so, with a clear view of the sky. Users who live in areas with lots of tall trees, buildings, etc. may not be good candidates for early use of Starlink.”

https://www.theverge.com/22435030/st...-spacex-review
                                                                                                                          Last edited by MysteryGuest; 01-03-22, 23:11.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X