This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
    It’s interesting watching people on likes of twitter who clearly have no clue about that part of the world treating the whole conflict like some marvel superhero movie “oohs the ghost of Kyiv”- you know the sort of people who normally get offended over nothing suddenly saying “actually it’s Kyiv not Kiev” and swooning over Zelensky when in normal times they would be describing him as someone akin to hitler because of his non progressive views on LGBT rights
    Complaining about Twitter is soooo 2018.

Comment

On the subject of Nukes . I saw a dead Robin yesterday on my Hike in St Kevins way, recently dead too . We are Doomed

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

The first bit happened immediately. RUB now over 100. The Russian CB immediately doubled interest rates to 20%. Trading on Russian exchanges also suspended.

Once London gets going, then you'll really see some action.

IMO, that Russian middle class could disappear very quickly.
        Another 5% gone while I walked the dog.

Imagine that was the euro in your account becomg worthless in real time....
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
          It’s interesting watching people on likes of twitter who clearly have no clue about that part of the world treating the whole conflict like some marvel superhero movie “oohs the ghost of Kyiv”- you know the sort of people who normally get offended over nothing suddenly saying “actually it’s Kyiv not Kiev” and swooning over Zelensky when in normal times they would be describing him as someone akin to hitler because of his non progressive views on LGBT rights
          Is he not gay?
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Another 5% gone while I walked the dog.

Imagine that was the euro in your account becomg worthless in real time....
            There ive written the headlines for you.

RUB one out . For those who get sexually excited by economics . .

Or RUBBED OUT - for the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

If my junior cert history is any memory guide, wasn't Hitler going in the opposite direction. Towards Russia, rather than away from it. And with all his soldiers wearing t-shirts and mankinis in the height of winter.
              Technically the Germans went in both directions.

And so will that modern-day Hitler in the Kremlin.

Comment

"Ukraine is one of us, and we want them in the EU".

Ursula VDL just now.

We are literally seeing decades of history happening in hours.
                Jesus, a tv comedian is just bossing the entire world. Absolute power move this morning (demanding EU membership) and completely puts it up to the EU - who would dare vote against it?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Is he not gay?
                  Ummm not sure according to his wife and kids...
                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

So, for Friday ... this Friday? omg.

Will we say The Bar With No Name to start off with? Aiming for around 7pm.

I've never seen an exposed wall that I haven't thought - that wall now looks better than if it had been properly plastered by a licensed plasterer.

We may need to eject some folk at the entrance who haven't adequately dyed their grey roots.

Allow me to refresh this for the morning crew seeking to scroll past the doom posts.
                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Allow me to refresh this for the morning crew seeking to scroll past the doom posts.
                      Sure, although I may to vacate the premises by about 10.30 as my kids will be Home Alone with all the potential for malarkey that entails

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Ummm not sure according to his wife and kids...
                        Oh, its the wife and kids who have the anti-LGBT views?

The plot thickens.

Comment

Its hard enough to get a plumber without them fecking off to the Ukrainian to fight.

Comment

So, for Friday ... this Friday? omg.

Will we say The Bar With No Name to start off with? Aiming for around 7pm.

I've never seen an exposed wall that I haven't thought - that wall now looks better than if it had been properly plastered by a licensed plasterer.

We may need to eject some folk at the entrance who haven't adequately dyed their grey roots.

Ah, thought this was Saturday. I've got plans already for Friday. Enjoy.

Comment

Looking at the share price graph for Sberbank today brings back all sorts of nostalgic feelings. Like a Russian version of Anglo Irish as it collapses towards zero.

Comment

Not on the primary exchange obviously as the Rooshians have closed it for some unspecified reason.

Comment

Looking at the share price graph for Sberbank today brings back all sorts of nostalgic feelings. Like a Russian version of Anglo Irish as it collapses towards zero.
                                  Nice timing by Rhys Mogg to sell his stake
                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Ah, thought this was Saturday. I've got plans already for Friday. Enjoy.
                                    Its okay, we may still be going on Saturday

Comment

According to Reuters, the Russians just murdered dozens of civilians in Kharkiv - at exactly the same time they were sitting down for 'peace' talks.

I think some people were clinging to the delusion that the Russians wouldn't want to slaughter civilians, that must be shattered now if it wasn't already.

Comment

According to Reuters, the Russians just murdered dozens of civilians in Kharkiv - at exactly the same time they were sitting down for 'peace' talks.

I think some people were clinging to the delusion that the Russians wouldn't want to slaughter civilians, that must be shattered now if it wasn't already.
                                        Shocking and disgusting. The poor Ukrainians whilst inspirational have probably made their entire civilian Population as direct targets . A whole country in a guerilla battle. This will become more appalling as this goes on. Peace is imperative ASAP .

Comment

Woke up this morning in a heap

Splitting headache (I never get headaches), sore throat, little trickle of a cough, nose alternating between bunged up and a flowing tap, sore back and calves aching - although the later two may be due to a hike I did on Saturday.

Antigen tests coming back as negative.

Fingers crossed I'm not riddled although if this is as bad as it gets, it'd be grand in the overall scheme of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Shocking and disgusting. The poor Ukrainians whilst inspirational have probably made their entire civilian Population as direct targets . A whole country in a guerilla battle. This will become more appalling as this goes on. Peace is imperative ASAP .
                                            Tbh, I find the general tone of "lol Russia's fucked it" a little annoying.
                                            Pretty soon the keystone cops approach will be over and the lads blocking tanks will simply be ran over and shelling will be indiscriminate.

On the flip side.
                                            This was good from the times today
                                            nPcoKYBl.jpg
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Tbh, I find the general tone of "lol Russia's fucked it" a little annoying.
                                              Pretty soon the keystone cops approach will be over and the lads blocking tanks will simply be ran over and shelling will be indiscriminate.
                                              You can't think of it in purely military terms DP.

Even if\when they take Kyiv and even if\when the Ukrainians surrender, Putin has lost. This is the biggest strategic blunder since 1941.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Splitting headache (I never get headaches), sore throat, little trickle of a cough, nose alternating between bunged up and a flowing tap, sore back and calves aching - although the later two may be due to a hike I did on Saturday.

Fingers crossed I'm not riddled although if this is as bad as it gets, it'd be grand in the overall scheme of things.
                                                Sounds like you have that new variant imo

Comment

You can't think of it in purely military terms DP.

Even if\when they take Kyiv and even if\when the Ukrainians surrender, Putin has lost. This is the biggest strategic blunder since 1941.
                                                  Seen the Abramovich news? What's he at in your opinion? Mouth shut and live out of Israel and the yachts is surely a much much easier way to go about life in his current situation.

Comment

Sberbank, the biggest Russian retail bank, ADRs (a form of equity) opening around 1.30 in NY. They were 15 a week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post

Seen the Abramovich news? What's he at in your opinion? Mouth shut and live out of Israel and the yachts is surely a much much easier way to go about life in his current situation.
                                                      You do realise how close he is to Putin? He vetted Putin for the job in the first place, then Putin made him rich (illegally obv, with much murder and corruption involved) and he'll go down with him.

You should be happy about this btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

The first day of onset I felt shit that night and a headache with a sore throat. 2nd day proper symptoms appear. 3rd day more of the same but my throat was completely in ribbons. Day 1 and 2 were negative. Skipped test on 3rd and was positive on the 4th.

I had a negative this morning so back to work after 8 days off. Still feel shitty and sense of smell is slowly coming back. Oddly it only appeared as a symptom around day 4/5 when my throat started to calm down. A bit of a slow burner compared to recent flu at Xmas and I just felt that I could get 100% fatigue out of nowhere if I started to move at all.

Comment

Interesting little exercise: go onto the website of Moscow Sheremetyevo airport and filter on the various international terminals.

No-one's going anywhere, except the middle East and Turkey.

Comment

You do realise how close he is to Putin? He vetted Putin for the job in the first place, then Putin made him rich (illegally obv, with much murder and corruption involved) and he'll go down with him.

You should be happy about this btw.
                                                            Of course I realise, that's why I asked your opinion since this has taken over your life

Roman is basically fucked unless he becomes some kind of hero for Ukraine and avoids the poison basically? Unless the war miraculously ends in next few days through peace talks?

Comment

Of course I realise, that's why I asked your opinion since this has taken over your life
                                                              I must confess (and I doubt I'm alone) that I do find it absolutely fascinating. This is years worth of history happening in hours. I've been ranting on about what an unreconstructed thug Putin is for years.

I think, even if you aren't aware of his historical and political context, it's still incredibly gripping.

Roman is basically fucked unless he becomes some kind of hero for Ukraine and avoids the poison basically? Unless the war miraculously ends in next few days through peace talks?
                                                              I'm sure he has enough people paid off that he doesn't end up in a jail cell but he should be persona non grata for the rest of his natural life.

Comment

​​​​​...Step 1- Hitch says zero chance of Russian invasion, offers bet... Step 2- Liam takes bet and SWIFTly (pun intended) wins €100... Step 3- Hitch ships the winnings, ty Htich...
                                                                ...Final step- reinvest loots...
                                                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                This gallery has 1 photos.
                                                                Last edited by luckforsome; 28-02-22, 16:16.

Comment

So the Ukrainians on snake island that said "warship go fuck yourselves" are reported to still be alive, but captive.
                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                    ​​​​​...Step 1- Hitch says zero chance of Russian invasion, offers bet... Step 2- Liam takes bet and SWIFTly (pun intended) wins €100... Step 3- Hitch ships the winnings, ty Htich...
                                                                    ...Final step- reinvest loots...
                                                                    This is the way
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

This is the way
                                                                      Then find Hitch's next hot take on world affairs, martingale it.

Comment

Is the 4th letter in wordle D?
                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I'll say one thing; the EU has just revealed itself as the superpower it always should have been. It's been really impressive to watch how it has responded.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                            Is the 4th letter in wordle D?
                                                                            Nope , its d .

Comment

Jesus you know you're bad when the morally bankrupt organisation that is FIFA kicks you out.

Comment

Jesus you know you're bad when the morally bankrupt organisation that is FIFA kicks you out.
                                                                                At the second attempt. First tried to compensate by making them play in a neutral venue under a different name etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

At the second attempt. First tried to compensate by making them play in a neutral venue under a different name etc.
                                                                                  Pathetic really, but you just have to look at the farce that is the Qatar WC to realise those lads are long bought and paid for.

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1714429&d=1646075209&type=thumb

Comment

bought a new car today (new as in used fwiw) as our old one we've had since we were in ireland is on its last legs. 160 000 km later, and repair costs with a dodgy gearbox now outvaluing multiple times the car considerably, it's time to put it to pasture and move on. it's a very French thing though to buy a car and use it till it dies, and that's how it should be done tbh.

Anyway, for the first time ever (other than our first car which was a 2cv) we're buying French! i personally wanted something else, but the wife said no to my choice. i'd gone for a reliable, good to drive, bigger boot size, and great engine, but she said it was ugly (it really isn't although maybe a bit plain inside, but who gives a shit!) and we were not getting a new car at all if it was that one. we narrowed it down to 3 or 4 and we went for the french one! looks like the reputation of new french cars has gone up considerably so i'm hoping for the best!

Comment

Youtubers Johnny FD and Bald and Bankrupt finally decided to get out of Kyiv. They were so confident a week ago that nothing much was up

Here was Bald a week ago heading into Ukraine. At least the other fella lives in Kyiv.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                          bought a new car today (new as in used fwiw) as our old one we've had since we were in ireland is on its last legs. 160 000 km later, and repair costs with a dodgy gearbox now outvaluing multiple times the car considerably, it's time to put it to pasture and move on. it's a very French thing though to buy a car and use it till it dies, and that's how it should be done tbh.

Anyway, for the first time ever (other than our first car which was a 2cv) we're buying French! i personally wanted something else, but the wife said no to my choice. i'd gone for a reliable, good to drive, bigger boot size, and great engine, but she said it was ugly (it really isn't although maybe a bit plain inside, but who gives a shit!) and we were not getting a new car at all if it was that one. we narrowed it down to 3 or 4 and we went for the french one! looks like the reputation of new french cars has gone up considerably so i'm hoping for the best!
                                                                                          I must be French so. Current Focus cost me low 3 figures to buy, get a weld, drop the petrol tank and scrub the fuel line as some rust and a new swaybar link, new tyre. €350 total IIRC
                                                                                          Grand car.

Needs a few bits done again to pass I would imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

I must be French so. Current Focus cost me low 3 figures to buy, get a weld, drop the petrol tank and scrub the fuel line as some rust and a new swaybar link, new tyre. €350 total IIRC
                                                                                            Grand car.

Needs a few bits done again to pass I would imagine.

let me clarify that. the French buy new or close to new, THEN run it into the ground over 10-15-20 years, however long it takes. they don't buy a rust bucket to start with. You're a whole different breed tbh!

Comment

let me clarify that. the French buy new or close to new, THEN run it into the ground over 10-15-20 years, however long it takes. they don't buy a rust bucket to start with. You're a whole different breed tbh!
                                                                                              rust bucket!..Rust bucket! RUST BUCKET!!! (ross in friends "my sandwich" escalation)

Cest la guerre!!

Last edited by dinekes; 28-02-22, 20:15.

Comment

Anyway, for the first time ever (other than our first car which was a 2cv) we're buying French!
                                                                                                The reputation 20 years ago was that everything electrical would be fucked up. And unless you were handy with a multimeter and a soldering iron you shouldn't be messing with one. Are they even made in France anymore? Like a lot of Fiats have been made in Poland for decades (and were more reliable as a result).

Comment

They didn't, that's the process. They were always getting banned.

Comment

Bald and Bankrupt posted this just today. It's from last Friday. He does edit his videos so well.

Comment

If I was going for a french car my favourite (and of course it's out of production) is the Cittoen C6. Absolute class.
                                                                                                      Take it over a BMW or Audi any day of the week.

Rare as hens teeth in Ireland. Usual spec is the 2.7 diesel with loads of goodies. Speedo in head up display on windsscreen.
                                                                                                      Beautiful lines and of course the special suspension.

Oh yes

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

The reputation 20 years ago was that everything electrical would be fucked up. And unless you were handy with a multimeter and a soldering iron you shouldn't be messing with one. Are they even made in France anymore? Like a lot of Fiats have been made in Poland for decades (and were more reliable as a result).
                                                                                                        That's what I was basing it on also, as ive not bought a car for a long time. But the new renault kadjar is built in Spain and it's the same everything as the qashqai which is very high up the rankings, and the new Renault engine is meant to be phenomenal. Electronics are still a worry in my mind though.

Comment

They didn't, that's the process. They were always getting banned.
                                                                                                          Seems an odd process.

Comment

Not actually that bad?
                                                                                                            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Seems an odd process.
                                                                                                              Its Fifa

Comment

Seems the dumbass decision to fill Ukraine with weapons is paying off exactly as expected, with Russia significantly upping the ante in terms of carnage in response.

This is not victim-blaming, the Ukrainians are completely innocent.

But it is blaming the West a bit. It was quite clear that Russia was going softly initially to minimise bad headlines, if that was ever possible - maybe to their odd minds it was - instead the West has turned it into an all-out war. Making Ukraine even more of a victim in order for the West to fight a pseudo-battle on their territory with Western weapons.

Will we ever learn the basic fucking lessons of history.

As the Sky News (in fairness to them, they are brilliant at actual war coverage) correspondent notes:

Sky's security and defence editor Deborah Haynes said "the windows rattled with those explosions we heard" in the Ukrainian capital.

"The warning has always been that if they couldn't have their success in their initial wave then they would up the tempo in terms of the level of violence which seems to be what we are seeing and hearing."

Comment

Seems the dumbass decision to fill Ukraine with weapons is paying off exactly as expected, with Russia significantly upping the ante in terms of carnage in response.

This is not victim-blaming, the Ukrainians are completely innocent.

But it is blaming the West a bit. It was quite clear that Russia was going softly initially to minimise bad headlines, if that was ever possible - maybe to their odd minds it was - instead the West has turned it into an all-out war. Making Ukraine even more of a victim in order for the West to fight a pseudo-battle on their territory with Western weapons.

Will we ever learn the basic fucking lessons of history.

As the Sky News (in fairness to them, they are brilliant at actual war coverage) correspondent notes:
                                                                                                                  Ah for fucks sake Hitch. I was actually thinking of going for a few pints with you on Friday. "going softly"

Comment

Jesus Hitch, that's a shitty take.

What was the West to do, let him at it? Ignore Ukrainian pleas?
                                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Sounds like Hitch wants Russia to complete the hostile takeover.
                                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                                                        If I was going for a french car my favourite (and of course it's out of production) is the Cittoen C6. Absolute class.
                                                                                                                        Take it over a BMW or Audi any day of the week.

Rare as hens teeth in Ireland. Usual spec is the 2.7 diesel with loads of goodies. Speedo in head up display on windsscreen.
                                                                                                                        Beautiful lines and of course the special suspension.

Oh yes
                                                                                                                        Lovely car but you could really only buy one to mind as a future vintage. With only 20K built and very few RHD, production finished ten years ago would be a nightmare to keep on the road if you were doing any sort of mileage.

Having said that if the mileage is real I'd almost be tempted by this , not sure if that would be because of or in spite of the colour
                                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Had a whole day today purely to work on coding for a project. Such a great mindframe by the end of a day like that, where you have been concentrating exclusively on the journey of your data through a set of constructed code. My normal work at the moment involves doing about 20 things at a moment, all badly, so it feels deeply therapeutic to just focus on one thing.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X