This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Better Call Saul Season 6 starting April 18th!!
    Saul cut his teeth as a comedian, was a writer on SNL back in the day!
    This too shall pass.

Comment

Better Call Saul Season 6 starting April 18th!!
      I was annoyed first when I heard it was a split season, so 6 episodes in each half (or something like that) but I think there is only a month or a little more between the 2 halves, so it's not too bad.

Comment

Has anyone tried an amazing steak with chimichurri sauce in Dublin? Maybe not in some fancy place where you need to sit down for a few hours, but some hole-in-the-wall type place? I've tried it in Alma, and great stuff, but I feel the way US people talk about the steak-chimichurri combination, it could be even better.

And maybe slightly related to that, and completely unrelated to having just watched a 90-minute show with Guy Fieri, are there any class Deep South restaurants in Dublin? Not really the BBQ places like Bison Bar (that smoky flavour that is the main flavour of BBQ gets old quickly imo), but more somewhere where an elderly black lady three hundred pounds overweight will ladle stuff onto a plate and mutter disapprovingly if you get up from your table without consuming at least 5,000 calories. 'you won't grow up into a proper boy unless you eat your grits' she'll have as her parting shot, as you tumble out the door.
        I don't know of anywhere in Dublin that's close but then I don't know a huge amount about the local food scene tbf. I'm sure there has to be somewhere decent. Was lucky enough to visit a couple of places in South Carolina a few years back on a short work trip. The portions look normal sized but you would be absolutely floored trying to finish. My main memory is of a linebacker sized local stuffing himself with two platters. I was sweating just looking at him. This is one of the places: https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restauran..._Carolina.html.

I'd love to do a road trip around that area at some point. Lots of amazing golf courses for those inclined also.

Comment

Has anyone tried an amazing steak with chimichurri sauce in Dublin? Maybe not in some fancy place where you need to sit down for a few hours, but some hole-in-the-wall type place? I've tried it in Alma, and great stuff, but I feel the way US people talk about the steak-chimichurri combination, it could be even better.

And maybe slightly related to that, and completely unrelated to having just watched a 90-minute show with Guy Fieri, are there any class Deep South restaurants in Dublin? Not really the BBQ places like Bison Bar (that smoky flavour that is the main flavour of BBQ gets old quickly imo), but more somewhere where an elderly black lady three hundred pounds overweight will ladle stuff onto a plate and mutter disapprovingly if you get up from your table without consuming at least 5,000 calories. 'you won't grow up into a proper boy unless you eat your grits' she'll have as her parting shot, as you tumble out the door.
          I noticed there's a new place on the north quays (out near Smithfield maybe, or maybe closer to town) being done up with the name Gaucho over the door, maybe that will give you what you want.
          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Tante zoes filled that hole.
            Sadly gone now
            That was a great spot. Jambalaya and gumbo!

How are your negotiations going, have you broken them yet?
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Really is criminal that the Germans allowed misplaced public fear after Fukushima to railroad them into shutting their nuclear plants
              mental that we are now facing into years where we are prob going to look back at the lockdown years with nostalgic fondness.
              All the gimp lords on twitter probably whinging about how it’s all FGs fault - 2 euro a litre petrol isn’t even in the foothills of the mountains of pain on the way
              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

A fairly decent study from Oxford on the long-term effects of Covid shows signs of brain changes within people who contracted the virus even if it is a mild case. It relates specifically to memory, complex reasoning, and sense of smell.

Reuters and NYtimes

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

I noticed there's a new place on the north quays (out near Smithfield maybe, or maybe closer to town) being done up with the name Gaucho over the door, maybe that will give you what you want.
                  Brazilian colleague recommended BAH33 recently

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                    A fairly decent study from Oxford on the long-term effects of Covid shows signs of brain changes within people who contracted the virus even if it is a mild case. It relates specifically to memory, complex reasoning, and sense of smell.

Reuters and NYtimes
                    The vaccines innit.

But seriously are these not general features of post viral fatigue syndrome?

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

The vaccines innit.

But seriously are these not general features of post viral fatigue syndrome?

https://sma.org/post-viral-syndrome/
                      I think these would generally be considered symptoms post any viral infection but the link drawn in these studies is specifically to changes in brain structure that are causing these issues which indicates that they could be permanent. I guess you would need to look at comparative studies that have been done on other viruses to see if this is also true in terms of damage to the brain. Loss of gray matter was substantial compared to those in the control group. Neuroplasticity also means that we can't be sure these changes are permanent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Having spent the guts of 2 hours in Bruxelles last Friday pinned to about 50 different peoples faces over that time Im fully expecting to be riddled this week but no sign yet.
                        Surely the amount of rum consumed would kill off Covid?

Comment

Originally posted by paul8200 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                            Surely the amount of rum consumed would kill off Covid?
                            Im beginning to lean that way alright after Limerick the week before too.

Comment

Gas & Electic due for changing next week, whats the best hassle free way of finding best deal?

RDIII im looking at you

Comment

We ran a gaming event with ~30 other unwashed nerds over the weekend and I seem to be fine. I've definitely been exposed multiple times but two doses + delta seems to have my immunity high enough. Zod however....
                                SPOILER
                                absolutely riddlet with the rona
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Gas & Electic due for changing next week, whats the best hassle free way of finding best deal?

RDIII im looking at you
                                  bonkers.ie or switcher.ie

I think Electric Ireland have the best dual bundle but they're a balls of an outfit. Switched to them in November and have had a bunch of small issues to sort out. Bord Gais more or less the same price but much better customer service - they were my previous provider and I didn't have much hassle by comparison.

Comment

RDIII im looking at you
                                    Bonkers.ie or switcher.ie

Have your bills to hand accessing the site.
                                    You can go by national average or input your estimated usage.
                                    (ideally have a winter bill and summer bill and work it out for the year)

On Bonkers it's fairly user friendly and once you have your info input it brings up the best deal showing how much you save.
                                    You can click a details button for more information on.the actual rate charged.
                                    It also indicates if the offer includes scheduled price increases so look at that too.
                                    There usually a dual fuel deal however worth checking electricity and gas separately also as it may work out cheaper to have 2 providers.

Edit : what coillcam said

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                      We ran a gaming event with ~30 other unwashed nerds over the weekend and I seem to be fine. I've definitely been exposed multiple times but two doses + delta seems to have my immunity high enough. Zod however....
                                      SPOILER
                                      absolutely riddlet with the rona
                                      What games?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

What games?
                                        Just Dota2. We were disappointed by the turnout and had to kill the 2nd day to prevent losing our shirts. But it actually went great once we got players in and games running:

275227528_7013606262046710_7884056788846706919_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=3glwZIY2HTIAX9IdpmZ&_nc_ht=scontent-frx5-1.xx&oh=00_AT-G6eL3JEi-TKT-mPCR9YmjDCyF7tG_SEFgkMoD13SD7Q&oe=622DEE81.jpg

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Had a go of the Trackman yoke for the first time last night at Leoparstown Golf Centre and I'm absolutely amazed.

Will 100% be a regular now

Comment

Instead of hanging with unwashed nerds, you could be in the VIP suite at the 2022 IPB CheltenhamTipping Comp. By this time next week you could be halfway* to winning all the loot. Sign up today!

*if some bollix like rounders or elbows doesn't fling their monkey faeces in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              Instead of hanging with unwashed nerds, you could be in the VIP suite at the 2022 IPB CheltenhamTipping Comp. By this time next week you could be halfway* to winning all the loot. Sign up today!

*if some bollix like rounders or elbows doesn't fling their monkey faeces in the right direction.
                                              What's the added juice? Looking a lot lighter than previous years

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

What's the added juice? Looking a lot lighter than previous years
                                                Sure you never play anyway so go lick some windows down the road a bit.*

*Getting in character for next week**

**not really, go lick those windows.

Comment

Sure you never play anyway so go lick some windows down the road a bit.*

*Getting in character for next week**

**not really, go lick those windows.
                                                  Added juice was drawing me in but sure ya may just fuck off if you're gonna be a prick in a reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                    Had a go of the Trackman yoke for the first time last night at Leoparstown Golf Centre and I'm absolutely amazed.

Will 100% be a regular now
                                                    It's unreal craic. Did you just measure some distances or did you try one of the games?

I'm itching the to give the combine and par 3 games a punt. I've only used it for fitting and a couple of lessons but the data is incredible. For a numbers nut like yourself it must be orgasmic. My mate's (local pro) claim to fame is that he has the same score as Rory on the combine.

Comment

Added juice was drawing me in but sure ya may just fuck off if you're gonna be a prick in a reply.
                                                      Details are in the thread tbf

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

I did have a look but didnt spot the added juice element which is why I asked what I thought was a reasonable question tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

It's unreal craic. Did you just measure some distances or did you try one of the games?

I'm itching the to give the combine and par 3 games a punt. I've only used it for fitting and a couple of lessons but the data is incredible. For a numbers nut like yourself it must be orgasmic. My mate's (local pro) claim to fame is that he has the same score as Rory on the combine.
                                                          I was just up trying to shake rust off.

First time I've ever felt that there was any benefit to going to a driving range tbh. Just crashing balls trying to figure out what lengths I hit clubs, but am far too out of practice for it to be worth paying too much attention to it yet.

€15 for 100 balls. Quiet bliss for 35 / 40 mins. Last balls given out at 9pm.

Comment

I was just up trying to shake rust off.

First time I've ever felt that there was any benefit to going to a driving range tbh. Just crashing balls trying to figure out what lengths I hit clubs, but am far too out of practice for it to be worth paying too much attention to it yet.

€15 for 100 balls. Quiet bliss for 35 / 40 mins. Last balls given out at 9pm.
                                                            Not too bad tbh. I think it's €9 for 90 balls in my local range. No trackman either. What HC are you playing off?

I'm trying to practice short game 2x more than range sessions tbh. Don't get me wrong the range is great but I just find it waaaaay more beneficial putting in hours on the short game. I'm definitely 5 shots better off just with tidier wedges and pitching/chipping/putting more consistently.

Comment

I did have a look but didnt spot the added juice element which is why I asked what I thought was a reasonable question tbf.
                                                              It's a joke, there's no juice. Just having a bit of fun at 5Star.
                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

2nd place meal in McDonalds at this rate
                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Not too bad tbh. I think it's €9 for 90 balls in my local range. No trackman either. What HC are you playing off?

I'm trying to practice short game 2x more than range sessions tbh. Don't get me wrong the range is great but I just find it waaaaay more beneficial putting in hours on the short game. I'm definitely 5 shots better off just with tidier wedges and pitching/chipping/putting more consistently.
                                                                  I have no game at the moment, none. Wouldn't play to 28 or close even at the moment. Short game which was never decent has literally disappeared from no practice. (Would guess I've played 5 rounds in last 5 years).

Was evident from just shaking the stick at the balls at the range that I need to get miles better at 1/2 and 3/4 swing shots. I hit SW 100 yards, and have nothing shorter in my bag. Going to need to learn how to properly dial it in. For now, just getting back to swinging a club felt good. Will aim for cutting shite out of my game after I've been through at least a dozen rounds over the next 8-10 months or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Correct. But thought I'd give a lesson in how to deal with tyre kickers as an added bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

It's a joke, there's no juice. Just having a bit of fun at 5Star.
                                                                      Oh theres juice. I went beyond the OP when Degag said deets are in thread. Quite decent juice as it happens.

Comment

Correct. But thought I'd give a lesson in how to deal with tyre kickers as an added bonus.
                                                                        We always seem to have a cut around Cheltenham. Should probably make it an annual thing. I did lol at window licker. I use the same phrase regularly myself, a classic.

Wp, look forward to our next foray

Comment

Speaking of window lickers: the UK

A [UK] visa centre being set up in northern France to assist Ukrainian refugees will not offer appointments or walk-in access, and its exact location will not be made public, the Home Office has confirmed.
                                                                          This is their long signalled most basic minimum effort possible, and they've actually managed to undershoot expectations.

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

This is their long signalled most basic minimum effort possible, and they've actually managed to undershoot expectations.
                                                                            That Patel one is some cunt though. Sort of get why thy do what they do, but don't get how they can just bare faced lie about demonstrable facts. Fair play to the BBC on having reporters showing what people have to deal with in Calais.
                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Some absolutely vintage surrender monkeying by PSG here.

Comment

Scenes in the Bernabau
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Grim

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                    Grim
                                                                                    Ah, it's not often you get surrender monkeying of this glorious quality. Surely a top ten all-time contender.

Comment

Although the fact that the lad gleefully banging in all the goals for Madrid is himself a cheese-eating surrender monkey lends a certain added piquancy to the entire affair.

Sublime.

Comment

Ah, it's not often you get surrender monkeying of this glorious quality. Surely a top ten all-time contender.
                                                                                        Lol, i told my son, watch how they crumble like they did a few years ago against barca.

I hate being right sometimes

​​

Comment

No bullshit ref = excellent entertainment

Comment

I blame the keeper tbh. That massive brainfart leads to the complete unravelling of the defense. Absolutely awful

Comment

Had feckin Benzema for 1st goal at 9 to 2 ..bahhh

Comment

A mere three banking days to the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp and a host of regulars still to pull the trigger. I predict a win fund of €1300, plus the chance to grab some added juice. And of course the chance to be in with the cool kids. Guaranteed dobby-free zone

Sign up today.

Comment

Amazon up nearly 7% in after hours trading having announced a twenty for one stock split, proving that unit bias is real.

Comment

A mere three banking days to the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp and a host of regulars still to pull the trigger. I predict a win fund of €1300, plus the chance to grab some added juice. And of course the chance to be in with the cool kids. Guaranteed dobby-free zone

Sign up today.
                                                                                                    What fking Juice ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                      Amazon up nearly 7% in after hours trading having announced a twenty for one stock split, proving that unit bias is real.
                                                                                                      Always has been. Buy on the split, sell on the consolidation. Standard profiteering.

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1715111&d=1646864109&type=thumb
                                                                                                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

What fking Juice ?
                                                                                                          No juice for you!

Actually it's probably your only chance to win anything.

***ADDED JUICE***PART 1

The person who I deem to have picked the winner with the best name on Days 1-3 will get a free €25 bet on the next day's racing.

(1 race, 1 bet, WIN only. I haven't all day to be messing about. )

Comment

No juice for you!

Actually it's probably your only chance to win anything.

Im quids in with the golf lately. No need for juice for me I'd be a moral victory for the ol tweed hat cigerette in the mouth, talking to the lame boardmarker , newspaper studier types as opposed to the pin stickers or horsehead elites in the know .

Comment

I have no game at the moment, none. Wouldn't play to 28 or close even at the moment. Short game which was never decent has literally disappeared from no practice. (Would guess I've played 5 rounds in last 5 years).

Was evident from just shaking the stick at the balls at the range that I need to get miles better at 1/2 and 3/4 swing shots. I hit SW 100 yards, and have nothing shorter in my bag. Going to need to learn how to properly dial it in. For now, just getting back to swinging a club felt good. Will aim for cutting shite out of my game after I've been through at least a dozen rounds over the next 8-10 months or so.
                                                                                                              My SW is probably my favourite club and probably hits 90% of shots from 80 yards in. I rarely if ever make a proper full swing tbh. Sometimes I might swing full on GW but most wedges are never a full swipe. The LW is a bunker club mostly but I do use it for some other shots. Worth getting one and I'd recommend a full toe one as I feel it helps with bunkers.

Theres a really good video on txg and YouTube channel with an Irish coach (Rafleski) which talks all about partial wedges. The wedge matrix method he demos, helps find distances inside 100 yards is unreal. Worth taking a look and trying to replicate on trackman.

Comment

Pray for CHD.

Also, fuck Chelsea.

Comment

I know a few of you are into chef competitions. Not many of you, Mellor I seem to remember as one, but we're a dying fanbase. I was watching Tournament of Champions recently hosted by the world's youngest haircut on the world's most middle-aged man - Guy Fieri - and its really rather great.
                                                                                                                  I do like a cooking show. None of that bake-odd shite. Masterchef and the like, real food, restaurant quality food.
                                                                                                                  That said, I think Guy Fieri is an asshole, so not a lot of interest there. I did go to his restaurant. Was tasty for what it was - which is buffalo wings, fired chicken and massive drinks. Basically a glorified sports bar - but it was vegas.

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                                  Speaking of movies . Conspiracy looney i know reckons ET will step in and is watching the nuclear threats with interest.

Read The Paradox of Chimps recently. Interesting slant on a much mused subject
                                                                                                                  I think that the universe is so vast, with so many earth like planets, they the chances of life on one of them is approaching 100%.
                                                                                                                  But ironically, for the very same reasons, the chances of any other them ever physically meeting is approaching 0%

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

That said, I think Guy Fieri is an asshole, so not a lot of interest there.
                                                                                                                    Really? I know he’s eccentric and OTT at times but that’s his persona. I’ve never really seen anything from him that gives off asshole vibes. And there are plenty of asshole chefs in fairness.

Believe he’s highly charitable etc too.

Comment

Mellor ever been to firedoor in Sydney ? Looks phenomenal

Comment

Win the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp and you could travel in style* to Sydney and enjoy fine dining with Mellor.
                                                                                                                        Entries still open for those willing to pit their wits against IPB's finest.

*steerage

Comment

Came across a good one today in the context of disinformation \ misinformation. Pre-bunking.

Getting ahead of the probable fake news. Not unlike what the US did a couple of weeks ago in calling out probable Russian false operations as a way of triggering escalation.

I think someone did some nice Hitch pre-bunking on here around the same time.
                                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X