Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Officially recognize separatist states.
    2. Move in "peacekeepers" in the next few months.
    3. Organize these separatist states to be folded into russia for "reasons".
    4. ??????
    5. Profit.

The west are so keen to (rightly) avoid war, that this slow burn will happen and that will be that imo.
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Kim Jong-Il would be ashamed of a deranged rant like this
      At least himself, Trump and Fidel were usually getting a buzz from being in front of a live crowd. This is just weird self indulgence.
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Back from Rome. Id been there 20 years ago, and whilst id enjoyed it then, I'd found it loud, smelly, agressive, polluted, full of cars and crazy drivers honking everywhere.

This time, i absolutely adored it (and so did the kids). did all the main sights, both the vatican and the collisseum were just as i remembered (mind blowing) but the biggest pleasure was just walking around and getting lost in the back streets day and night (it felt incredibly safe tbh) . We had a lovely airbnb 2 minutes from the trevi Fountain (if anyone knows of a more beautiful fountain please let me know as id love to go there!) and i would have no problems moving out there if needed, which is a massive mind shift for me as I've hated italians for most of my life and still think they're rude assholes as a rule but id definitely make an effort if i lived in rome​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
          Back from Rome. Id been there 20 years ago, and whilst id enjoyed it then, I'd found it loud, smelly, agressive, polluted, full of cars and crazy drivers honking everywhere.

This time, i absolutely adored it (and so did the kids). did all the main sights, both the vatican and the collisseum were just as i remembered (mind blowing) but the biggest pleasure was just walking around and getting lost in the back streets day and night (it felt incredibly safe tbh) . We had a lovely airbnb 2 minutes from the trevi Fountain (if anyone knows of a more beautiful fountain please let me know as id love to go there!) and i would have no problems moving out there if needed, which is a massive mind shift for me as I've hated italians for most of my life and still think they're rude assholes as a rule but id definitely make an effort if i lived in rome​​​​​​
          I was in Rome with the missus a couple years back and I had the same experience. I absolutely loved it and for the same reasons you did. Just wandering around, getting lost. I thought all the main sights were phenomenal. Such an incredible city to visit.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

He really should have done this on Joe Rogan's podcast.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

At least himself, Trump and Fidel were usually getting a buzz from being in front of a live crowd. This is just weird self indulgence.
              It's full-on deranged. The history stuff was weird but the rant against Ukraine is insane.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The Iraq parallels mightn't be too far removed - Putin now claiming they're looking to get their hands on WMDs.

Comment

It's full-on deranged. The history stuff was weird but the rant against Ukraine is insane.
                  He's still going on on RT.

Comment

And back to the 18th century now re Crimea.

Comment

You see the bitterness and resentment at his very core just cascading out of him here

Comment

Having a go at Bill Clinton. Priceless.

Comment

You see the bitterness and resentment at his very core just cascading out of him here
                          It would be funny if he was just some lad on a barstool. Though I think I'd move to another pub after 15 minutes of this.

Comment

He really should have done this on Joe Rogan's podcast.
                            He knows he wouldn't get a word in, was looking forward to Coco..90 mins in and joe has spoken for 80
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

You know you're mentally ill when Boris Johnson looks like a rock of sense in comparison.

Comment

Had a granny leave her walking stick in the shop today.
                                Customer goes "oh dear, somebody left their walking stick behind. Me (quick witted for a Mon) "Dont worry, she wont have got far" Much hilarity ensued.

Comment

You know you're mentally ill when Boris Johnson looks like a rock of sense in comparison.
                                  In practical terms does it just mean Donetsk and Luhansk are part of Russia now or what? Go bit by bit?

Comment

Comment

In practical terms does it just mean Donetsk and Luhansk are part of Russia now or what? Go bit by bit?
                                      Well, you saw him signing the 'treaties' with those two fellas, who looked like they had been picked from the discount section of rentafascist.ru

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                        Had a granny leave her walking stick in the shop today.
                                        Customer goes "oh dear, somebody left their walking stick behind. Me (quick witted for a Mon) "Dont worry, she wont have got far" Much hilarity ensued.
                                        I remember one time after golf i ordered the Aligator steak and quickly followed with make it snappy . Much like here i was greeted with tumbleweeds . ( hmm i thought it was funny ) Turns out it was written on the menu.also. . ah well. It was actually just beef burger so i dont know why it was described as Aligator ( is this a thing?)

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                          I like to help people find things by saying . 'Its got to be around here somewhere.
                                          Was in with my Dad yesterday and when I arrived he told me he couldn't find his house keys. I spent the next 25 minutes searching the house from top to bottom and asked him three times 'Are you sure they are not in your pocket'

Eventually we found them, I say we but he actually found them - clipped onto the belt of the trousers he was wearing.

Comment

Putin now sending in 'peacekeepers' to the Occupied Territories.
                                            What are the bets they will be attacked by Ukranian terrorists and be forced to respond?

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                              1. Officially recognize separatist states.
                                              2. Move in "peacekeepers" in the next few months.
                                              3. Organize these separatist states to be folded into russia for "reasons".
                                              4. ??????
                                              5. Profit.

The west are so keen to (rightly) avoid war, that this slow burn will happen and that will be that imo.
                                              Welp. That was way quicker than I thought.

Comment

Still waiting for Comical Sasha to explain all this.

I mean he couldn't possibly have been wrong, could he?

Comment

Seems ironic the British PM is named Boris simulators aving a laugh .

Comment

Still waiting for Comical Sasha to explain all this.

I mean he couldn't possibly have been wrong, could he?
                                                    Explain what? Just read your page of posts and you've argued yourself into some sort of odd manic corner. All Russians communicate in complicated history references and complex arguments (hence them coming up with fucking chess as a hobby), that's all conversations with them. They tend not to communicate in the soundbites that you are used to. Calling their communication style deranged just highlights how little you know of the space.
                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I would imagine the peacekeepers is the end of it. Vlad can claim enough of a win at home without being locked into Beijing as their only feasible global partner if they launch an actual invasion, which they definitely don't want. They want to be the Western bad boy rather than the Asian puppy. West retreats a bit. Then we do this again in a year's time.

Comment

I note also that the Western intelligence was wrong again on what would happen.

Comment

This is like that time you tried to persuade us that five countries in Europe were definitely going bankrupt.

Comment

What will happen now, is that NATO countries will propose a series of purposefully ineffectual sanctions, that sound bad but don't add up to much, so as not to escalate matters. Russia will claim to be outraged. And then everything will dissipate.

Russia ends up with these two territories and that looks like a win to them. But probably is a strategic loss as now they've carved out all the Russian influence away from Ukraine, so there is now no domestic Russian population within Ukraine to be able to do things in the future.

Comment

Ah thats all right so Hitch , I was getting a bit worried .

Comment

5 under last 3 Wordles . Im ready for the Saudi Tour .

Comment

Worldle in one today.
                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                    1. Officially recognize separatist states. [x]
                                                                    2. Move in "peacekeepers" in the next few months. [x]
                                                                    3. Organize these separatist states to be folded into russia for "reasons". [x]
                                                                    4. ??????
                                                                    5. Profit.

"Russia has the right to build bases in the separatist regions"
                                                                    "The 31-point treaties also say Russia and the breakaway statelets will work to integrate their economies."

Comment

Wow, Comical Sasha didn't disappoint.

Basically went on the same rant as his masters.

Comment

One thing about yesterday and the lunacy we saw coming from Moscow: nobody who saw it will ever be under any illusions as to what the nature of the Putin dictatorship is.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                          Worldle in one today.
                                                                          You would be a bit concerned for anyone who didn't!

Definitely a game with a limited shelf life.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                            Worldle would be getting a 1/10 for effort today
                                                                            Putin looking at it thoughtfully. "Hmmm, that reminds me...".

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Putin looking at it thoughtfully. "Hmmm, that reminds me...".
                                                                              They are very worried indeed. Perhaps Hitch can come over with us in the Summer and quell the mood. They would die to a man rather than let it happen .

Comment

They are very worried indeed. Perhaps Hitch can come over with us in the Summer and quell the mood. They would die to a man rather than let it happen .
                                                                                Should settle it all with a vodka drinking contest. I'd say it'd be an epic battle.

Comment

Also, it brings a tear to the eye how compassionate Putin is about parts of countries with a distinct ethnic identity to the rest of the country wanting to be independent of the state they are officially part of. I'm sure he'll allow any area of modern Russia that feel the same way to do their own thing too, or perhaps he'll send in 100k peacekeepers there as well.

Comment

One thing about yesterday and the lunacy we saw coming from Moscow: nobody who saw it will ever be under any illusions as to what the nature of the Putin dictatorship is.
                                                                                    It's the same mistake again. Thinking that things you don't understand are 'lunacy'.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                      All Russians communicate in complicated history references and complex arguments (hence them coming up with fucking chess as a hobby), that's all conversations with them. They tend not to communicate in the soundbites that you are used to. Calling their communication style deranged just highlights how little you know of the space.
                                                                                      That bit is very true, when a Russian explains something you need to settle down with a pot of tea and get ready for a thorough explaining.
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Should settle it all with a vodka drinking contest. I'd say it'd be an epic battle.
                                                                                        My money is on the Russians there. The Finns have a drinking reputation but in my experience they arent the best at holdingvtheir booze. The amount of fall down drunks took me by surprise. A bit like the English , a few beers and they are locked. One disclsimer though . They can stay drunk for weeks on end.

Comment

Also, it brings a tear to the eye how compassionate Putin is about parts of countries with a distinct ethnic identity to the rest of the country wanting to be independent of the state they are officially part of. I'm sure he'll allow any area of modern Russia that feel the same way to do their own thing too, or perhaps he'll send in 100k peacekeepers there as well.

Comment

It's the same mistake again. Thinking that things you don't understand are 'lunacy'.
                                                                                            You should start charging for your material Sasha. It's genuinely comedy gold.

Comment

Multi quote not working again, hit post reply (3) and nothing fills in thr box

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

That's cool, I'm going to try and do the Level 1 exams this year. Did you find them hard?
                                                                                                I really enjoyed level one but it requires a fair amount of work. For context about 9% of people pass all three levels at first attempt. You should budget 300 hours for each level and probably closer to 400 for L2 which is certainly the hardest.

Comment

You should start charging for your material Sasha. It's genuinely comedy gold.
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

I really enjoyed level one but it requires a fair amount of work. For context about 9% of people pass all three levels at first attempt. You should budget 300 hours for each level and probably closer to 400 for L2 which is certainly the hardest.
                                                                                                  Multi quote working for me.

Comment

I think lunacy is the wrong word. He's knows exactly what he is doing. All this was was a justification of armed intervention/invasion.

It's not invading Ukraine when you claim it's not Ukraine first.

Yes it is.

see?

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Ha!

Me and Dom calming the masses
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                        Ha!

Me and Dom calming the masses
                                                                                                        We need to get Comical Sasha one of those Russian fur hats with the ear flaps so he can post pictures of himself for our further amusement.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                          Worldle in one today.
                                                                                                          I feel like your parade has been pissed on .

Comment

We need to get Comical Sasha one of those Russian fur hats with the ear flaps so he can post pictures of himself for our further amusement.
                                                                                                            BOOOM Nuclear bomb hits London. Raoul screaming before death. Comical Sasha you were wrooonnng.

Hitch : I'm very sorrrryyyy arghhhh.

Comment

On the subject of houses, our house (new build in 2017) has extremely noisy flooring upstairs at the back 2 bedrooms. Obviously the flooring put down isn't secured to the rafters (or whatever they are called under a floor, you know what i mean) and they are creaking/moving when stepped on, and it is bugging the shit out of me. We got a half arsed solution a couple of years back, but like all half arsed ones it worked ok(ish) for a while, but it's as bad as ever now.

I certainly don't want to assume there are timbers in any places and just put screws or whatever down without knowing what I'm doing as there are pipes and cables and all sorts in there probably, but short of someone tearing it all up, and possibly the wall between bedrooms too to make sure it's all secure, is there a way to fix this?

Is it something best left to a professional, or would it generally be ok for me to put additional screws down right beside the existing ones? If it needs a professional, who would be the type to take on such a relatively limited job in times where builders likely have more than enough work to do themselves? I don't really trust those 'find a tradesman' type website as that's where we found the last guy who assured us he could fix this and he was a bit of a cowboy 'handyman' rather than anyone who'd do a proper job.
                                                                                                              The pipes and wires can only penetrate the joists in certain areas. Page 7 below.

You’re pretty free to screw into boards in the centre 50%. If there was a particular mouse area. But the quarters near the edges of span could be notched, more likely to be cores in the centre but you never know.

Comment

Your car full EV Hitch? How have you found the first few months?
                                                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

BOOOM Nuclear bomb hits London. Raoul screaming before death. Comical Sasha you were wrooonnng.

Hitch : I'm very sorrrryyyy arghhhh.
                                                                                                                  Comrade Comical Sasha would no doubt be spending his last seconds explaining how NATO forced Vlad to drop the bomb, that Ireland wasn't a real country and the Americans were trying to put WMDs onto our territory.

So at least I'd get one last laugh out of him before being incinerated.

Comment

Explain what? Just read your page of posts and you've argued yourself into some sort of odd manic corner. All Russians communicate in complicated history references and complex arguments (hence them coming up with fucking chess as a hobby), that's all conversations with them. They tend not to communicate in the soundbites that you are used to. Calling their communication style deranged just highlights how little you know of the space.
                                                                                                                    The Russians didn’t come up chess. They’re just big fans. It came from Asia.
                                                                                                                    I agree they tend to to long winded and detailed. But focusing on the fact he spoke for a long time and not what he actual said is a bit odd.

I would imagine the peacekeepers is the end of it. Vlad can claim enough of a win at home without being locked into Beijing as their only feasible global partner if they launch an actual invasion, which they definitely don't want. They want to be the Western bad boy rather than the Asian puppy. West retreats a bit. Then we do this again in a year's time.
                                                                                                                    If Russia annexes a sizeable area/population of Ukraine. Where would that sit in terms on “Did they invade”.

Comment

I get “error fetching quotes”

Comment

Indeed..

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

If Russia annexes a sizeable area/population of Ukraine. Where would that sit in terms on “Did they invade”.
                                                                                                                          I was pondering that, given the bet! Personally I'm not sure given these lands were already occupied

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X