X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oleras View Post
    Did you cr ?
    the checking the river with kings was in the pokerfarm streamed cash game
    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      Politics is the biggest stumbling block of a successful Irish only bid.

Its a competition which is going to come to these islands once in every 3 or 4 competitions max from now on, as South Africa and Australia are soon going to consider it their 'turn' again whilst USA/Canada and Italy are able to make a good case for getting their first shot at it.

So the IRB representatives from Scotland, Wales (and possibly England and France) would only support a bid if it was a joint bid, as a sole Irish event would effectively mean they wouldn't be host for 30+ years.

Though a joint bid would negate the need for Croke Pk, as Ireland would then only need the Aviva, Thomond, Ravenhill and one other (RDS?) as the Millenium is the obvious choice for a semi and the final.
      If we are the primary hosts of a joint bid all we really need Croke park for is the semis and final. Hardly a massive stumbling block imo. Two weekends worth ~€4million to the GAA and even more to the Irish economy.

It could certainly be done with Wales and Scotland hosting a group each and us hosting two groups. We should try very hard to leave the french and english out of it.
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
        lol. You called it!!
        present company included
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I met our Greek friend again last night V

he made a superhuman fold with AA on a very dry board against a single fishy opponent, tossed him a fiver and called his hand correctly (top set)

mind you he then also folded the second nuts against the same fish who had 9 high

swings and roundabouts

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            present company included
            More importantly was the restaurant decent?

I actually decided to treat myself to an Il Segreto early bird menu last night (one needed to cheer oneself up after the budget and a hectic few days). That place is just very classy and the Bang twins (real name Stokes) certainly know how to look after their customers.
            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

anyone have problems with facebook chat ?
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

I met our Greek friend again last night V

he made a superhuman fold with AA on a very dry board against a single fishy opponent, tossed him a fiver and called his hand correctly (top set)

mind you he then also folded the second nuts against the same fish who had 9 high

swings and roundabouts
                LOL!!!

Brilliant. That guy is much too nitty. Tbh I thnk he might be pretending to be greek just to try and generate action for himself!!

No one could believe that a greek would be that weak tight. It's a bit like Ionapaul emphasising his Irishness when he's playing cards abroad. We all know why Paul!

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                  anyone have problems with facebook chat ?
                  yes, it's terrible and it's on facebook.

Comment

LOL!!!

Brilliant. That guy is much too nitty. Tbh I thnk he might be pretending to be greek just to try and generate action for himself!!

No one could believe that a greek would be that weak tight. It's a bit like Ionapaul emphasising his Irishness when he's playing cards abroad. We all know why Paul!
                    does he wear a a leprecaun hat and say things like "by the hokey" and "bejaysus"?

Comment

the Bang twins (real name Stokes) certainly know how to look after their customers.
                      the Revenue might have a thing or two to say about that

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                        Leinster -4 v Bath this weekend is an absolute rock.
                        Leinster to win with a bonus point I reckon. They were in a maximum of 3rd gear on Friday night versus Cardiff and looked mean and hungry.

Bath really struggled to win at home in the last round and apart from a good fly half in Donald didn't impress me too much.

Comment

More importantly was the restaurant decent?
                          was just wine, there may have been a platter of stuff at some point

I've been here for nearly two weeks and still haven't been to a decent eaterie

did go to Babylon on Sunday with the family, amazing views all over London and a magician at the table which was cool

Magician: my name is Mr Magic, what's your name little girl?

Daughter: you're a silly man.

Gauchos tonight though.

Comment

Leinster to win with a bonus point I reckon. They were in a maximum of 3rd gear on Friday night versus Cardiff and looked mean and hungry.

Bath really struggled to win at home in the last round and apart from a good fly half in Donald didn't impress me too much.
                            yup, can see a bonus point win alright.
                            From the rugby betting thread

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                            Leinster -4 v Bath is free money.

Leinster form
                            W W W D W W W W W

Bath Form
                            L L W L L W W

Leinster beat Glasgow in the HC by 25 points, a team that has beaten Bath this season by 5 in the same competition.

The result against Montpellier (should've been a loss) was simply down to Montpellier turning in one of the finest defensive displays ever in the competition. Unfortunately for them, it turned out to leave them with a horrible hangover which left them vulnerable the following weekend when they lost narrowly to Bath.

lumpage

Comment

the Revenue might have a thing or two to say about that
                              Ah that's just Irish begrudgery for you!! I say if they want to work their arses off in a new restaurant venture - let them. I guess since they don't qualify for the dole they had little choice.

Comment

Ah that's just Irish begrudgery for you!! .
                                fuck that, they should be in jail

Daddy bailed them out. Class enemies Zod!!

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                  Man I'm still locked, Thai chick just left to go to work, poor girl ended up paying for the taxi back to my place and bought me two buckets. Rich Thai girls are where it;s at!!
                                  How certain are you that 'she' was an actual female?
                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Ah that's just Irish begrudgery for you!! I say if they want to work their arses off in a new restaurant venture - let them. I guess since they don't qualify for the dole they had little choice.
                                    and UK bankrupcy is far more forgiving when they do fail (again).

Comment

personally have a bit of admiration for the pair of them and their plan (and it has to be a plan, noone can be that inept) to destroy the fine dining emporiums of the Bourgoisie.

Comment

was just wine, there may have been a platter of stuff at some point

I've been here for nearly two weeks and still haven't been to a decent eaterie

did go to Babylon on Sunday with the family, amazing views all over London and a magician at the table which was cool

Magician: my name is Mr Magic, what's your name little girl?

Daughter: you're a silly man.

Gauchos tonight though.
                                        Next time we're both over we'll have to make it our mission to go somewhere very good.

You've educated your daughter well I see!!

Comment

How is my taxes paying to host them in jail a better idea then having them work pretty hard offering me good value meals with a nice ambience (and even going so far as to call me a young man!)??

Comment

How is my taxes paying to host them in jail a better idea then having them work pretty hard offering me good value meals with a nice ambience (and even going so far as to call me a young man!)??
                                            They could also be out in a chain gang, a 'gulag' if you will, repaying their debt to society.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                              personally have a bit of admiration for the pair of them and their plan (and it has to be a plan, noone can be that inept) to destroy the fine dining emporiums of the Bourgoisie.
                                              you're very mellow this morning

they literally stole money (by witholding payment to the Revenue) to fund their lifestyles

to the wall with them Comrade Zod!

Comment

for those who don't know who we're talking about

Comment

crime and punishment

we've far too much tolerance for thievery in this country as it is

don't get me started on the long list of prominent people who should be locked up

Comment

you're very mellow this morning

they literally stole money (by witholding payment to the Revenue) to fund their lifestyles

to the wall with them Comrade Zod!
                                                    What can I say, I had a good sleep.

Comment

me and Zod agreeing heartily on things

strange day indeed, I expect to see some porcine aviators any minute now

Comment

me and Zod agreeing heartily on things

strange day indeed, I expect to see some porcine aviators any minute now
                                                        I may reread the Marian finnucane "I'm having a recession christmas" article over lunch to get my dander back up.

Comment

RDIII have you any views on the property stimulus yesterday?

I read in the papers today that the increased mortgage interest relief is worth 5k a year but I thought the limits were now €6k in interest for a couple so 25% of that would be €1500p.a. Perhaps I'm confusing myself with the sop to the negative equity peeps which is retarded in the extreme.

Personally I feel sorry for anyone who bought in Janaury 2009 believing the VIs that things were about to bounce back. Proper fucked they are. No backhanders from the govt, a nice chunk of negative equity and a standard variable mortgage to contend with. Future buyers beware....

Comment

I read in the papers today that the increased mortgage interest relief is worth 5k a year but I thought the limits were now €6k in interest for a couple so 25% of that would be €1500p.a. Perhaps I'm confusing myself with the sop to the negative equity peeps which is retarded in the extreme.

Personally I feel sorry for anyone who bought in Janaury 2009 believing the VIs that things were about to bounce back. Proper fucked they are. No backhanders from the govt, a nice chunk of negative equity and a standard variable mortgage to contend with. Future buyers beware....
                                                            actually, would buying at the end of 2012 to take advantage of the mortgage interest relief be a terribe thing? Granted, 2013 will see a further drop in prices but you'd be buying at close to the (estimated) bottom of the curve.

Comment

Got a taxi this morning cos I was way late for work. When he stopped the taxi, I had the money ready to pay, but when he pressed the button to stop the meter the fare went up by a euro. Am I right in thinking he ripped me off? He picked me up off the street and it was just me so can't imagine there'd be any extra charges.

That's the second time this has happened to me and I didn't say anything as I wasn't really sure. Not that I care about the extra euro, but it really pisses me off for some reason that they could be pulling this scam 20 times a day.

Comment

actually, would buying at the end of 2012 to take advantage of the mortgage interest relief be a terribe thing? Granted, 2013 will see a further drop in prices but you'd be buying at close to the (estimated) bottom of the curve.
                                                                Well it's 1500 in less interest for 7 years by my reading of it. If you were determined to buy anyway it's got to influence your thinking. Probably worth <5% of your total spend on a house (capital plus interest over the lifetime of a mortgage) so it could be wiped out with three months worth of market falls. Don't let the tail wag the dog would be my view.

Comment

Yeah it's mad Ted. I don't get it (well actually I do but let's pretend otherwise) - what long-term benefit will derive to the economy from these little property stimuli?
                                                                  Apart from scratching the backs of the various property VIs who even now have not taken the hint, fucked off and died.

we shoudl be embracing the crash. Permanent low-low property prices will, in the very long run, be a great thing. Capital might actually get diverted into useful sectors, daft idea and all as that may be.

need to delve into that myself (as a couple who bought in '04)

we were just about to pay a big chunk off our mortgage but might now be disincentivised from doing so!

meh, the interest relief isn't worth that much really.

Someone who bought in '06 is way more fucked!

Comment

Well it's 1500 in less interest for 7 years by my reading of it. If you were determined to buy anyway it's got to influence your thinking. Probably worth <5% of your total spend on a house (capital plus interest over the lifetime of a mortgage) so it could be wiped out with three months worth of market falls. Don't let the tail wag the dog would be my view.
                                                                    why look at the 3 months of falls if you have 7 years to make it back up?

Comment

lots of people in Japan thought the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                        Boss spolier/elephant in the room

SPOILER
                                                                        Its not a biggie but when are they going to tell Emma she is adopted ? " whiter than white patents and she is hispanic...she could actually play a part on the cosby show.
                                                                        Is she

LOL!!!
                                                                        The worst is that Chinese guy who goes into the Fitz and plays tighter than Harold. Should be done under the trade descriptions act

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                        Business people are not the bad guys. They take all the risk when they start a business and deserve their rewards yet they are so often vilified for doing so. I'm not saying that you're doing this by the way but it is a common tactic of certain groups to speak about employers as exploiters or glutinous villains yet the HUGE HUGE majority of Irish companies are small to medium enterprises owned and operated by families for the most part. They are the real engine of local employment in particular and making things harder for them is counter productive to the point of being ridiculous. We need to make it as easy for them to do business as possible rather than continually ask them to carry the can for social benefit dependent people (for whatever reason, good or bad) when they themselves qualify for no social welfare payments despite paying into the social welfare system for their entire lives.
                                                                        + several mirrion

There is a long and tedious point to be made but in a nutshell there isn't really much difference between the guy who opens a take away and Alan Sugar. All sorts of twists in circumstances and luck play a much bigger role than personality in the level of success achieved. If it was just down to entrepreneurship and willingness to work hard then Uganda would be the richest country on the planet. Its all about the social contract, how much those who are willing and able to work hard are willing to pay for the bureaucracy that provides part of the infrastructure that allows them to do business and to provide a level of support for those who are unable to work.
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

crime and punishment

we've far too much tolerance for thievery in this country as it is

don't get me started on the long list of prominent people who should be locked up
                                                                          Just to present another viewpoint on this.....

Their business is all about the show. Spending money looking sucessful is very important in that sort of game. If there was reckless trading then the Office of the Director of Corporate enforcement has a job to do. Are they much different then other entrepreneurs who went bust without paying pension contributions or taxes??

I think it's easy for a judge to look down smugly on what they did given the nature of the expenditures in their business but trying to appear sucessful to attract sucess was fundamental to their business model.

Btw all of their old staff are still working for them and they seem to run a good operation. We do have limited liability for companies for a reason....

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone I say....

Comment

Their business is all about the show. Spending money looking sucessful is very important in that sort of game. If there was reckless trading then the Office of the Director of Corporate enforcement has a job to do. Are they much different then other entrepreneurs who went bust without paying pension contributions or taxes??
                                                                            Yes, your honour, we had to drop 3k staying in a london hotel using Employee PRSI contributions so people buying my overpriced food in Dublin would think we were successful. Also, that €26k on a ferrari rumored to have been previously owned by David Beckham is far more important to our business being successful than paying our creditors would be to theirs.
                                                                            I've been saving my pointy stone collection for just such a day!
                                                                            Last edited by Zod; 07-12-11, 10:38.

Comment

why look at the 3 months of falls if you have 7 years to make it back up?

You are mixing the CGT change with the mortgage interest relief for first time buyers.

I'm talking about the impact of the MIR in terms of someones decision to buy a home in 2012 compared to buying in 2013 or 2014. The issue of CGT doesn't arise on a principal private residence. Speculating on the developer/corporate side of things is better left to gurus like Swaaaaaar!

Comment

Its Mosconi Cup time, the so-called Ryder Cup of 9-ball pool.

My favourite sporting event of the year.

Quite a lot of changes from last year with Karl Boyes and Mika Immonen gone from Europe, and no Dennis Hatch or Corey Deuel for USA. Added to Earl the Pearls continued absense, the cunt quotient on the USA team has been dramtically reduced this year.

Europe : Darren Appleton, Niels Feijen, Ralf Souqet, Nick Van Der Berg, Chris Melling.
                                                                                USA : Johnny Archer, Rodney Morris, Shane Van Boening, Shawn Putnam, Mike Deschaine.

Live Sky Sports Thurs-Sun evenings from the MGM Las Vegas.

********
                                                                                Flushdraw, info on Melling and Deschaine?

Comment

Just to present another viewpoint on this.....

I think it's easy for a judge to look down smugly on what they did given the nature of the expenditures in their business but trying to appear sucessful to attract sucess was fundamental to their business model.

Btw all of their old staff are still working for them and they seem to run a good operation. We do have limited liability for companies for a reason....

read this again

then tell me it's either:
                                                                                  (1) the biggest pile of unexpurgated bullshit committed to virtual paper today
                                                                                  or
                                                                                  (2) you are trying to wind me up

just because you drive a Beemer to look flash for clients doesn't mean it would be OK to mug old ladies to pay for it

Comment

Just got my rug in front of the fire place cleaned, He looked for 40 quid, finally after lots of haggling mangaged to get him down to 35.

FFs 35 quid for 20 mins work

Although have to say it looks spotless, I was tempted to throw it out, but I did pay 280 for it in the good times
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Just got my rug in front of the fire place cleaned,

Comment

You are mixing the CGT change with the mortgage interest relief for first time buyers.
                                                                                        I may well be, was assuming
                                                                                        Well it's 1500 in less interest for 7 years by my reading of it.
                                                                                        was referring to MIR.

Comment

Just got my rug in front of the fire place cleaned, He looked for 40 quid, finally after lots of haggling mangaged to get him down to 35.

FFs 35 quid for 20 mins work

Although have to say it looks spotless, I was tempted to throw it out, but I did pay 280 for it in the good times
                                                                                          Does the rug match the curtains?
                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                            it really ties the room together.

Comment

Quite a lot of changes from last year with Karl Boyes and Mika Immonen gone from Europe, and no Dennis Hatch or Corey Deuel for USA. Added to Earl the Pearls continued absense, the cunt quotient on the USA team has been dramtically reduced this year.

Europe : Darren Appleton, Niels Feijen, Ralf Souqet, Nick Van Der Berg, Chris Melling.
                                                                                              USA : Johnny Archer, Rodney Morris, Shane Van Boening, Shawn Putnam, Mike Deschaine.

********
                                                                                              That was on TV last week in my hotel room
                                                                                              looked like live maybe they were showing last years.
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

read this again

then tell me it's either:
                                                                                                (1) the biggest pile of unexpurgated bullshit committed to virtual paper today
                                                                                                or
                                                                                                (2) you are trying to wind me up

just because you drive a Beemer to look flash for clients doesn't mean it would be OK to mug old ladies to pay for it

I'm just trying to find out where the line is for you!!

One of the partners was over from London yesterday and he asks which car in the car park is mine. I point mine out and the first words out of his mouth are "A nicer car then the boss has. I like it". Worth every cent!
                                                                                                Last edited by V for Vendetta; 07-12-11, 11:10.

Comment

********

Melling is an animal. Twice English 8 ball World Champion and European ranked number 1 at 9 ball this year despite not playing the game a massive amount previously.

Sound bloke aswell. Not short on confidence ever, don't miss a minute of him playing, excitement guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                                                                    Melling is an animal. Twice English 8 ball World Champion and European ranked number 1 at 9 ball this year despite not playing the game a massive amount previously.

Sound bloke aswell. Not short on confidence ever, don't miss a minute of him playing, excitement guaranteed.
                                                                                                    Stick Chris Melling into YouTube for a taste

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                      How certain are you that 'she' was an actual female?
                                                                                                      Well she had a vagina
                                                                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

********
                                                                                                        Haven't followed pool at all this year so not familair with some of the new names. I do know that Melling is a class act but not sure what he's done this year on the circuit.

Who are we backing?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                          Haven't followed pool at all this year so not familair with some of the new names. I do know that Melling is a class act but not sure what he's done this year on the circuit.

Who are we backing?

I usually just sit back and enjoy it bet-free, whilst keeping an eye on you doing another hilarious mugging of Starvin Marvin.

Comment

Europe is free money. I don't even expect it to be close

Comment

I usually just sit back and enjoy it bet-free, whilst keeping an eye on you doing another hilarious mugging of Starvin Marvin.
                                                                                                              Best price is Europe 4/5 with Boyles and USA 23/10 with VC

I like Shane Van Boening top American at 11/4 and Darren Appleton top European at 13/5.

Might have a flutter on both of them and Europe to win, aswel as having the compulsory bet with Starvin Marvin

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                                Champions league always delivers, the end to Dortmund Marseille was just fantastic. Have to feel for Olympiakos...
                                                                                                                I got a text from a number I don't have saved to my phone just after the off about Marseille being huge value at 4/1. Text back asking who it was but no reply, obv backed them anyway @ 9/2, FML'd when they went 2-0 down, then almost knocked over a table in Dicey's fistpumping when I checked the result several hours later

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                There's an old man rant from Strewelpeter about how milk has been rubbish since 1977.
                                                                                                                Strewel's milk rant was simultaneously the most tilting and the best post on IPB in ages imo!

Comment

********

Honored with style by me and me mates every year with the Mizzoni Cup.
                                                                                                                  Large Mizzoni breakfast in Palmerstown, 3 hours of pool, a shed load of pints and finished with a wagon wheel
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                    it really ties the room together.

Fuck sake

Have ye nothing better to think about!
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

After 5 years of good service my Dell is beginning to pack up, so I'm in the market for a new laptop.

I don't have a desktop or a smartphone so my laptop is my main computer, but having said that I don't use it for anything particularly special.

I basically just use it for internet, poker, watching films and tv series, basically the usual.

What are people's recommendations?

I've seen Toshiba, Lenovo and Samsung get praise in other quarters, are these generally considered to be among the best?

Comment

Fuck sake

Have ye nothing better to think about!
                                                                                                                        I believe in nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                                                                                          After 5 years of good service my Dell is beginning to pack up, so I'm in the market for a new laptop.

I don't have a desktop or a smartphone so my laptop is my main computer, but having said that I don't use it for anything particularly special.

I basically just use it for internet, poker, watching films and tv series, basically the usual.

What are people's recommendations?

I've seen Toshiba, Lenovo and Samsung get praise in other quarters, are these generally considered to be among the best?
                                                                                                                          I got this one a few months back in Harvey Norman and have to say its absolutely brilliant. 599 euro!
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X