• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL
    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

I was out with a mate over the weekend,he does not play poker but a cousin of his over in the UK has qualified for a 1k event and he was asking me were this type of event fits in on the poker scale.He is a mad football fan so I used football to explain it this way,I said I would post it up here and see if you agree.

I used the WSOP & other super buy in events as the top bar...

Buy in between €5k & €10k = The Champion's League.

Buy in between €2k & €5k = The Permership.

Buy in between €1k & €2k = The Championship.

Buy in between €500 & €1k = Leauge 1/2

Buy in between €250 & €500 = The Conference.

So do you agree...?if not what do you think..?

www.irishkop.com Twitter = @Irish_Kop Facebook = Irishkop.com

Comment

If Sean Quinn had €1m in savings bonds, would the govt know about it? Where else could he have hidden some money?

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
            If Sean Quinn had €1m in savings bonds, would the govt know about it? Where else could he have hidden some money?
            mattress obv.
            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
              Anglo is suing the Quinn family in several countries, including Ukraine, Sweden and Cyprus, for allegedly being involved in a conspiracy to move an estimated €500m in property assets beyond the reach of the state-owned lender. In one case Anglo alleges the interests in Russian companies with assets worth £193m were wrongly transferred for the benefit of Quinn family members for £1,000 and a laptop computer worth £300. Anglo was scheduled to seek a bankruptcy judgment against Mr Quinn next Monday.
              Laptop obv spring cleaned first.
              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                Laptop obv spring cleaned first.
                Deadparrot obv.

Comment

Originally posted by Dub13 View Post
                  I was out with a mate over the weekend,he does not play poker but a cousin of his over in the UK has qualified for a 1k event and he was asking me were this type of event fits in on the poker scale.He is a mad football fan so I used football to explain it this way,I said I would post it up here and see if you agree.

I used the WSOP & other super buy in events as the top bar...

Buy in between €5k & €10k = The Champion's League.

Buy in between €2k & €5k = The Permership.

Buy in between €1k & €2k = The Championship.

Buy in between €500 & €1k = Leauge 1/2

Buy in between €250 & €500 = The Conference.

So do you agree...?if not what do you think..?
                  Nah can't say i agree with much of this. The standard in some of the €500-€1000 games can be extremely tough. It's very hard to rate the standard of a poker game based on the buyin.

The €3300 Irish Open wouldn't be the highest standard of play ever for instance. Generally, if there's a ton of online satellites for a game it will be weaker than say a €1k direct buyin game imo

The $215 Sunday Million probably has the easiet field ever for a decent buyin, whereas the $162 game is one of the toughest

Comment

9 players left ; 7 tickets for the Sunday Million and $109 for 8th

The BB snap calls here with the Aces without giving it a 2nd thought. Not being results based at all, but do we fold AA here or are we still a little short to pass it up? You can be pretty sure that the big stack is calling here once he opens to 4x

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.65 Tournament, 20000/40000 Blinds 4000 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 (t1123609)
                    MP1 (t342532)
                    MP2 (t572382)
                    MP3 (t506846)
                    CO (t389369)
                    Button (t458950)
                    Hero (SB) (t645158)
                    BB (t362834)
                    UTG (t203320)

Hero's M: 6.72

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5, A
                    1 fold, UTG+1 bets t160000, 4 folds, Button raises to t454950 (All-In), 1 fold, BB calls t318834 (All-In), UTG+1 calls t294950

Flop: (t1324734) 7, 6, K (3 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t1324734) K (3 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t1324734) 5 (3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t1324734

Results:
                    Button had 9, 9 (two pair, Kings and nines).
                    BB had A, A (two pair, Aces and Kings).
                    UTG+1 had K, A (three of a kind, Kings).
                    Outcome: UTG+1 won t1324734

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      Nah can't say i agree with much of this. The standard in some of the €500-€1000 games can be extremely tough. It's very hard to rate the standard of a poker game based on the buyin.

The €3300 Irish Open wouldn't be the highest standard of play ever for instance. Generally, if there's a ton of online satellites for a game it will be weaker than say a €1k direct buyin game imo

The $215 Sunday Million probably has the easiet field ever for a decent buyin, whereas the $162 game is one of the toughest
                      I agree with you but I was talking to a complete novice and I am sure he did not care about how difficult the fields are.

www.irishkop.com Twitter = @Irish_Kop Facebook = Irishkop.com

Comment

Anyone have any experience with getting braces in the last couple of years? I've put it off my whole life but considering making the investment now as I have the opportunity to do so. Smiles offer a one-year "invisible" braces service which appeals the most to me but am unsure if one year is enough. I suppose the easiest thing is to call in but would like to hear if anyone has any experience lately?

Comment

Reminder: Beers on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Dub13 View Post
                            I agree with you but I was talking to a complete novice and I am sure he did not care about how difficult the fields are.
                            I seemed to have missed the point of your post so

Comment

Anyone any idea how to get phone/recent calls/make calls app back on iphone? Mine has disappeared!
                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Unsworth is correct and V is obv Van Nistelrooy

Comment

Originally posted by I'm_not_folding... View Post
                                  That's pretty cool.
                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                      Howerya lads!!

Just checking in here, missed a load no doubt. Currently in SE Asia travelling about. The two boys Im travelling with have run out of money so Im doing it solo now, which Im massively looking forward too and I dont have to babysit these two any longer.

I know a few of you have done the solo travelling thing before so any tips would be appreciated. Ive a choice now of doing India for a month on my own or Vietnam. Im leaning towards Nam but havent decided 100% yet.

Hope everyone here is doing well.
                                      havent been to the nam but india is tough going on your own, you would see some mind blowing stuff, like nowhere else but you might have to go through a couple o days of getting your headwrecked to get there.

like you could be inbits with the runs, roasting hot, getting pestered non stop by locals, 5 hours just trying to get a train ticket outta town, on breaking point and then you turn a corner and see a 50 foot effigy to a god exploding into a ball of flames from the inside out and thousands of locals going apeshite, vivid colours, music, costumes, nuts.

very demanding travelling but will definatly give you more vivid memories whens all said and done- Amritstar and the golden temple + the nearby pakistani boarder daily ceremony is an amazing experience.

Rajastian is probably best area to travel around, obv taj mahal worth seeing but the town agra, is itself a dump. whatever city you land in delhi/mumbai just get out soon as.

think about China at all?

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                      Anyone have any experience with getting braces in the last couple of years? I've put it off my whole life but considering making the investment now as I have the opportunity to do so. Smiles offer a one-year "invisible" braces service which appeals the most to me but am unsure if one year is enough. I suppose the easiest thing is to call in but would like to hear if anyone has any experience lately?
                                      ya i got the invisalign a couple o years back, just on the top row, was the same really didnt fancy braces at this age, but was really easy going. They're hardly noticable, you just wipe em out before eating and put them in a container like a mouthguard.

but say your on a nightout, you can just leave em at home, no probs. my front teeth were all outta whack and think i only needed 5/6 months with them. got a fixed retainer in afterwards and no probs since.

Comment

FML
                                        Just come down with a dose of nause with projectile vomiting like I can't remember experiencing, got back to my hotel room but didn't manage to get the lid off. Serves them right for closing it. Have someone up cleaning the room now, have a few bits of work to do and one of my colleagues is being an enormous pain in the arse... Oh man I can feel it building up again. hmmmm
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Ugh.....
                                          took over a shit load of responsibilities in the job.
                                          Ever get that feeling you are up to your neck and slowly sinking
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            FML
                                            Just come down with a dose of nause with projectile vomiting like I can't remember experiencing, got back to my hotel room but didn't manage to get the lid off. Serves them right for closing it. Have someone up cleaning the room now, have a few bits of work to do and one of my colleagues is being an enormous pain in the arse... Oh man I can feel it building up again. hmmmm

MonteKeanezuma's Revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                              Ugh.....
                                              Do you get to go home each night and rub the extra money on your titties?

Comment

Lost my phone, think I might have been pick pocketed by a stripper.

It's funny, people talk about how there's no crime on the island and I've been robbed twice in 4 months!

I run so fucking bad!

Comment

Ugh.....
                                                  Up to your neck wouldnt really be a lot of work

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post

It's funny, people talk about how there's no crime on the island and I've been robbed twice in 4 months!

I run so fucking bad!
                                                    there's a common theme in your robberies.

degeneracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                      there's a common theme in your robberies.

degeneracy.
                                                      Also alcohol and women. A lethal combination.

Comment

I run so fucking bad!
                                                        ffs if a man cant trust a stripper these days whats the world coming to?

Comment

Flushdraw, Question for you (or anyone else who can answer)

The tournament shark thing you use, can you choose which tables its active on? I.e could I have it just working on MTT tables and not active on the 180s?

Comment

any one got a phone number for Winamax support?
                                                            they closed my account which i had money on and now the new account has some sort of limit to it which even though i have money in it,means i can't play anything for a week .
                                                            it just says i've reached my weekly limit.

their support through email takes days.

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                              Flushdraw, Question for you (or anyone else who can answer)

The tournament shark thing you use, can you choose which tables its active on? I.e could I have it just working on MTT tables and not active on the 180s?
                                                              Yeah it automatically attaches to all your tables but you can close it off whichever ones you want but it all has to be done manually. It can be a bit buggy when you have tables overlapping. I tried using it as a HUD but you just end up with too much info on the screen if you're also using HEM

Comment

Do you get to go home each night and rub the extra money on your titties?
                                                                Have not finalised the pay increase just yet.
                                                                I've been promised it.
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Sweet rang up UPC this morning and my area has since been upgraded to the 100mb broadband just ordered it there hopefully should have it by the end of the week €8 extra a month for over triple my speeds

LOL Eircom!

Comment

Have not finalised the pay increase just yet.
                                                                    I\'ve been promised it.
                                                                    Never, ever, ever do extra work for promises in a business context.
                                                                    Recipe for disaster. Demand what you are owed. It will be good for your career long term. You will earn respect and not be seen as a sap who will do extra work for free.

Either that or ask for extra pay for the promise of more work.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                      ffs if a man cant trust a stripper these days whats the world coming to?
                                                                      He should play the WSOP ME as soon as possible obv.
                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Productive bathroom break...now on twitter

Comment

Never, ever, ever do extra work for promises in a business context.
                                                                          Recipe for disaster. Demand what you are owed. It will be good for your career long term. You will earn respect and not be seen as a sap who will do extra work for free.

Either that or ask for extra pay for the promise of more work.
                                                                          As I'm a contractor getting a rate increase through the red tape is not a short process.

Comment

Fuckers couldn't just leave a classic alone:

Josh Brolin and Colin Firth for an Oldboy Hollywood remake!!!

http://www.independent.ie/entertainm...n-2933948.html

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                              Fuckers couldn't just leave a classic alone:

Josh Brolin and Colin Firth for an Oldboy Hollywood remake!!!

http://www.independent.ie/entertainm...n-2933948.html
                                                                              Has been discussed for ages as a remake. Will not be going to see any remake of the classic

Comment

Pot 1 -- Poland, Ukraine (both automatically as hosts), Spain, Holland

Pot 2 -- Germany, Italy, England, Croatia* (3-0 up from first leg v Turkey)

Pot 3 -- Russia, Greece, Sweden, Denmark

Pot 4 -- Portugal/Bosnia* (0-0 first leg), France, Czech Republic* (2-0 up v Montenegro), Ireland* (4-0 up v Estonia)

*If Portugal defeat Bosnia tomorrow to qualify, they could replace Denmark as third seeds.

*If Croatia lose to Turkey tomorrow but still qualify on aggregate, they can drop back into Pot 3, with Russia moving into Pot 2.
                                                                                Dream draw? Draw from hell?

Comment

Would love to be drawn with England in the group stages tbh

FTW

Poland
                                                                                  Croatia
                                                                                  Greece
                                                                                  Ireland

FML

Spain
                                                                                  Germany
                                                                                  Russia
                                                                                  Ireland

Comment

Poland/Ukraine
                                                                                    England
                                                                                    Greece
                                                                                    Ireland

Spain
                                                                                    Germany
                                                                                    Russia
                                                                                    Ireland

Comment

Would love to be drawn with England in the group stages tbh

FTW

Poland
                                                                                      Croatia
                                                                                      Greece
                                                                                      Ireland

FML

Spain
                                                                                      Germany
                                                                                      Russia
                                                                                      Ireland
                                                                                      Prefer England ahead of Croatia. England will beat Poland/Greece where as we might battle to a draw, leaving us to fight for 2nd with a draw/win from the other 2 games.

Comment

Was listening to the Munster match the other day in the car and lolling pretty hard at the commentary when o gara hit the winning drop goal. The top youtube comment says it all really
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        Why does the man talking turn into the Cookie Monster at 0.35?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NazVO...pvideos_sports

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                          Prefer England ahead of Croatia. England will beat Poland/Greece where as we might battle to a draw, leaving us to fight for 2nd with a draw/win from the other 2 games.
                                                                                          +1
                                                                                          Croatia would murder us

Comment

lads, we still have to get past Estonia. Don't count your checkens before John Delaney has eaten them on a first class flight to Krakow.

Comment

lads, we still have to get past Estonia

Comment

Delaney out.

Comment

lads, we still have to get past Estonia.

Comment

Obviously needs to be reposted 17 times a la Horse Outside.

SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/19ioataTo preorder the album http://therubberbandits.firebrandstore.comDownload Black Man the single on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....

Comment

Productive bathroom break...now on shitter
                                                                                                      FYP

Comment

lads, we still have to get past Estonia. Don\'t count your checkens before John Delaney has eaten them on a first class flight to Krakow.

Comment

I run so fucking bad!
                                                                                                          You rang me from it yesterday at 5am and were so out of it you didn't know why you had rang or who I was.

*************************

Started into Breaking Bad yesterday. 7 episides in. It's so good!
                                                                                                          It's all an illusion

Comment

Roll on tomorrow night

Comment

FFS!
                                                                                                              I am so sick and under ridic pressure from an ommadawn who can't leave any fucking thing that is working alone.

FFS!
                                                                                                              If I get out of here without a very serious row I'll have shown the kind of restraint that is not really in me

FFS!

And of course its being spun that its all my fault

Any fucking penguinsin the area better watchout
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Your camera work was good out at the IPO and now you produce that pic?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                  Your camera work was good out at the IPO and now you produce that pic?
                                                                                                                  I'm blaming the tools this time dude, only a phone camera pic

Comment

did anyone watch the Pac Man fight at the weekend? Worth a view?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                      Decent compared to what has been served up on TV (heavyweight division) lately, Still cant see how he done enough to win it imo.

Comment

Thought it was a great fight Emmet.

Be interesting to see what you think of the final decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                          I did, it is a decent fight with a surprise ending

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X