This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
    about scamming with age player from my school daysBart Millburn played junior cup for 3 years was huge for his age and serious skills seems he was 18 montsh over age and when news broke he left the school immediately he was english
    Also once in an under 14 blitz club rugby lost a final to Barnhall had one huge guy in showers hed a full rug of chest hair some lads had no pubes this fucker was like a silver back
    Lols, I know the type encountered many of them

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
      If its the ones i read earlier on, Duncan Ferguson was having an affair with his missus and fathered one of his kids
      Sick rumors out there, few people know the truth and will prob stay that way.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
        Sick rumors out there, few people know the truth and will prob stay that way.
        Probably will remain a mystery so they can attribute the blame to depression. Can't have it for any other reason as that would mean there is someone to blame other than circumstances.

Comment

JohnOB, Its no harm to get banl and such early, I just don't like USIT. As Sick Puppy rightly says they have their own motive for doing it and its basically taking advantage.

You said it was for 1 year. Have you thought about stayign longer? If you are in any way not sure, I'd advise to get the regional work done early and out of the way. I know far too many people who decided with 3 months left that they want to stay and had hassle.
          Even if you are 100% going home, its good to have the option to come back for antoher year in the future.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mellor;453890]Assumming that the 4 of them are going to remain in a hostel is a bit ridiculous.

Oh yeah completely, what i was getting at was to look for work beforehand as you mentioned, cause the budget wouldnt last long..id only recommend staying in hostel first off until you find a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
              JohnOB, Its no harm to get banl and such early, I just don't like USIT. As Sick Puppy rightly says they have their own motive for doing it and its basically taking advantage.

You said it was for 1 year. Have you thought about stayign longer? If you are in any way not sure, I'd advise to get the regional work done early and out of the way. I know far too many people who decided with 3 months left that they want to stay and had hassle.
              Even if you are 100% going home, its good to have the option to come back for antoher year in the future.
              Yeah mates had previous trouble with USIT had advised me never to go near them, and even by comparing their prices to other travel agencies its ridiculous how they charge more money for the same thing.

Yeah i plan on trying for the second year visa alright. I hear fruit picking should get that for yo but i read somewhere today that fruit picking for 3 months is not enough? And me on a tight budget i will need to do it for sure, i hear its a great way of saving? Would love to stay a second year now but ill see what happens when im over there.

Comment

Yeah, Au$4k won't last long.
                When you are completely supporting yourself, every little thing adds up.
                MO he'll need to get a job within the first month. Completely do-able.

Comment

Yeah mates had previous trouble with USIT had advised me never to go near them, and even by comparing their prices to other travel agencies its ridiculous how they charge more money for the same thing.

Yeah i plan on trying for the second year visa alright. I hear fruit picking should get that for yo but i read somewhere today that fruit picking for 3 months is not enough? And me on a tight budget i will need to do it for sure, i hear its a great way of saving? Would love to stay a second year now but ill see what happens when im over there.
                  Fruit picking for 3 months (88 days to be accurate) is pretty standard way of gettign a 2ndWHV. Who said its not enough? Why? Sounds like bollox to me.

Farming can be a good way to save as there's fuck all spend your hard earned on. But its not well paid, if that makes sense.
                  Last edited by Mellor; 08-12-11, 03:30.

Comment

Naievity showing again john
                    fruit picking sometimes can be paid by what you pick.
                    Certain stiff cant be picked or sown if it rains
                    you need to pay for accomodation food transport after 50 horus in a field you will need some drinks sunscreen
                    it can be hard to save unless you work 6 days and long hours

i planted sugar cane in north queensland was hardship to be honest 6 till 6 6 days a week dawn till dusk but good pay cos you worked every hour under the sun without beings exist does not suit most women and a lot of men either

Comment

Fruit picking for 3 months (88 days to be accurate) is pretty standard way of gettign a 2ndWHV. Who said its not enough? Why? Sounds like bollox to me.

Farming can be a good way to save as there's fuck all spend your hard earned on.
                      Yea ive read it everywhere that it is, just this one magazine i picked up today said picking fruit simply isnt enough, i dont know maybe it was a farmer who wrote it just looking for more out of his employee
                      Yeah heard is great fuck all to spend on and great for meeting lots people

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                        Naievity showing again john
                        fruit picking sometimes can be paid by what you pick.
                        Certain stiff cant be picked or sown if it rains
                        you need to pay for accomodation food transport after 50 horus in a field you will need some drinks sunscreen
                        it can be hard to save unless you work 6 days and long hours

i planted sugar cane in north queensland was hardship to be honest 6 till 6 6 days a week dawn till dusk but good pay cos you worked every hour under the sun without beings exist does not suit most women and a lot of men either
                        Haa my naivety is out in full force tonight cant deny that
                        Yeah but when im dead broke and desperate for the 2nd year visa il try my best to get through it.
                        I mean ive seen plenty of fb status's saying how its nothing like you think and some of the hardest work alot people will ever do but im down for that, sure it all in the experience

Comment

The requirements are pretty simple. Work in a regional area for 88 days. mon-fri with Sat and Sun off coutns as 7 days, not 5.
                          Farming and construction both count towards it. As do a few other areas where its a lot handier work. If you meet that you'll get your 2nd year.

If you are working directly for a farm or a construction company you'll be fine. I think the people who ahve problems are those who do its casually, staying in a hostel and get work here and there. They might not quailfy for 88 days after 3 months. Maybe what the mag refered to. Don't go that lazt assed route.

Comment

Thanks to all for your help lads, its been great and got some great websites to have a look at too. Really appreciated lads thanks will drop a PM in future if i need he help if thats alright

Comment

Thanks to all for your help lads, its been great and got some great websites to have a look at too. Really appreciated lads thanks will drop a PM in future if i need he help if thats alright
                              Community and all dont ever be afraid to ask there are no stupid questions unless it involves folding AA pre flop.

Comment

Wonder will we hear United sing this tune this season

Last edited by CHDad; 08-12-11, 04:26.

Comment

Of course! Only trophy Fergie hasn't won. Masterplan of his transition
                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Anyone done the Laos crossing from Bangkok by bus, just wondering what's the best way to go about it?
                                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

I know both teams got knocked out, but this is a little extreme:

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Not sure how many would be interested, but the lads on the boards.ie rugby forum have been doing podcasts for the past few weeks and the standard has gotten incredible (ever since I left it obviously!)

William, the Ulster fan is a senior lecturer in anatomy, physiology and clinical health studies and gives a super insight into some of the more poignant questions on sports injuries in this week's episode.

Pedro, Doc and William join Dave for a look at the Irish provinces and our flagship issue this week is a comprehensive look at injuries in rugby. Coming up: 0:00 - Munster's poor show at Osprey and a look ahead to their key trip to Scarlets in the Heineken. Peter Stringer's loan deal to Saracens and Doug Howlett's serious injury also get a mention. 13:20 - Leinster's trouncing of Cardiff and a preview of Bath hosting Leinster in Europe. Is Leinster's current style of play the best around? 23:30 - Was Ulster's win over Scarlets an upward graft? Is there an answer to Ulster's lack of creativity? 29:30 - Connacht's slump continues with a home loss to Treviso but do have a chance against Gloucester? 34:00 - Other big games coming up in the Heineken Cup with Pedro and Doc's bets of the week. 38:10 - William, a senior lecturer in anatomy, physiology and clinical health studies, heads up our special on injuries. He gives a great insight in various aspects of injury. Issues discussed include: ...

It's usually a bit too long for my liking, but managing to get it digested in work this morning.

The standard is seriously impressive for a fairly amateur setup.

Comment

Probably too early but does anyone have a link for the golf?

Edit, got sorted, got a sky go account.
                                          Last edited by Lazare; 08-12-11, 09:51.
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                            Probably too early but does anyone have a link for the golf?

Edit, got sorted, got a sky go account.
                                            heres a link any how,a good one to bookmark
                                            Wiziwig, the new MyP2P. Wiziwig.tv brings to you live sports on your PC for free. Live football , Live MLB and NBA. Just for free tv on your pc. Wiziwig.tv brings you also the best P2P programs guides.
                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Roy Keane

United got what they deserved
                                              Fergie

Well Roy had a chance to prove himself as a manager and look how that turned out
                                              sit down imo

Comment

Comment

Ughhh ferry cancelled to Scotland. The next one still sailing is 11.30pm but fuck that travelling with 3 kids incase it gets cancelled and we're stuck in Belfast. Booked onto tomorrows at 12.30 and hoping that one isn't cancelled because it's after cutting the weekend shorter as it is

Comment

Fergie

Well Roy had a chance to prove himself as a manager and look how that turned out

wish someone would give roy a job....when he was at Ipswich town he was drawing more than rolf harris,twas like printing money..ahhh the good old days

rooney ban cut to two matches http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16064924.stm
                                                    Last edited by amberleaf; 08-12-11, 10:23.
                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                      Just saw a mate post this on fb and say that the Aussies are terrible for tipping.

thats 1.40 to much imo

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                        thats 1.40 to much imo
                                                        Yep. @ €2.80 a split (mineral I presume), they got exactly what they deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                          sit down imo
                                                          Whether or not Keane was a shit manager he was spot on. Utd are not playing well this season and are struggling through games. The fact that they are still winning those games is a testament to them. Course they could (as usual) blow everyone out of the water after xmas but at the minute they are average at best (others might say in transition ).

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                Yep. @ €2.80 a split (mineral I presume), they got exactly what they deserved.
                                                                yeah
                                                                stay away from the auld dubliner i'd say,
                                                                especially with the attitude of the staff working there

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                      Nearly €5 for a pint of Guinness?!

In fairness they had comped a few desserts
                                                                      4.80 a pint fucking rediculous.

Comment

on another note
                                                                        have we got any electricians in the house?

Comment

Twitter trending with a Duncan Ferguson rumour for those interested...
                                                                          I can't stand that guy regardless of wether that rumour is true.
                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

4.80 a pint fucking rediculous.
                                                                            that is very standard in temple bar, went in there one night with a friend who was visiting and wanted to go - 5.80 for a heineken - FML
                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Don't think the weather is meant to get much better unfortunately. Even Dublin is windy as fck and we normally leave the bad weather to ye country folk
                                                                              Meant to settle down enough to be able to sail tomorrow. It's the Stena Superfast VIII which will generally sail unless it's too dangerous so fingers crossed.

FWIW, the boat tomorrow and return Sunday is now coming in €24 cheaper than we paid for it. Any chance we can get anything back?

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                I think you have to be playing the hands to store the stats (might be wrong), maybe it's an ipoker security employee.
                                                                                No you don't. Hands you view aren't auto-logged to your HandHistory folder.
                                                                                But with a datamining program you can store the info. AFAIK, it basically reads the info from the chat box.
                                                                                So I was right.....I WAS wrong

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                  Anyone done the Laos crossing from Bangkok by bus, just wondering what's the best way to go about it?
                                                                                  Cant really remember how we got to Laos, I do recall on the main bus journey there were lads with semi-automatics on our bus as bandits hijackings were fairly common at the time.As with all bus journeys in S.E Asia probs not a bad idea to have a few tranquiliisers to take the edge off. Loas was the absolute nuts though, amazing banter but far enough out of the way that it didnt feel really touristy. Lucky bastardo imo.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                    that is very standard in temple bar, went in there one night with a friend who was visiting and wanted to go - 5.80 for a heineken - FML
                                                                                    us country folk are used to a much more modest 4euros a pint heineken/carlsberg/guinnes.
                                                                                    probably why i don't frequent temple bar very often

Comment

ahh superstition religion, still causing misery after all these years:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...reaking19.html
                                                                                      Is that not more to do with how society views suicide? i.e. it's a criminal act.I don't really see what religion has to do with it tbh.

If you try to jump off a cliff,you'll be taken into custody.Rightly or wrongly re assisted suicide,it seems to me like a continuation of the states stance.
                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

us country folk are used to a much more modest 4euros a pint heineken/carlsberg/guinnes.
                                                                                        probably why i don't frequent temple bar very often
                                                                                        If ye bleedin culchies would pay more for yere gargle, we'd have a bloody Metro to Dublin Airport by now

Comment

Ship the Galaxy Nexus

On the downside I'm not exaggerating very much when I say that dealing with VHI Travel insurance is more tilting than dealing with Nairobi's street criminals.
                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Screen on the Nexus is a pure joy, remote desktop is v easy to use
                                                                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Just a reminder for culchies up in the big smoke today, what with it being December 8th

Dublin Supremacy.

Comment

Cavan Supremecy.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Cavan Supremecy.
                                                                                                  spelling supremacy. also

Comment

Team diamond wrap up for those of you who know what i'm talking about. I'll get a new thread going for another assault later today.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                      spelling supremacy. also
                                                                                                      Grammar supremacy.
                                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

spelling supremacy. also
                                                                                                        If a Dublin footballer had made that mistake they'd probably have just changed the spelling of the word to suit him.

Comment

If a Dublin footballer had made that mistake they'd probably have just changed the spelling of the word to suit him.
                                                                                                          Yeah, it's great being the best.

Comment

Comment

Yeah, it's great being the best.
                                                                                                              We all know the story in fairness - Dublin All Ireland Champions 2011*

Comment

Lads anyone any thoughts on the best route to go. Im currently in 2nd year of a 3year degree in business.

I have 2 options for 3rd year.

- stay on 3 year degree and then do 4th year. I will then be doing a general stream and have a general business degree.

- move to the honours degree and do one of the following streams Management, economics/finance, hr, marketing. The first two would be my current preferences.

Anyone any thoughts on what the best route would be? Is a 3 year degree kind of pointless in this day and age? Is the general stream any good?
                                                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                                  Cant really remember how we got to Laos, I do recall on the main bus journey there were lads with semi-automatics on our bus as bandits hijackings were fairly common at the time.As with all bus journeys in S.E Asia probs not a bad idea to have a few tranquiliisers to take the edge off. Loas was the absolute nuts though, amazing banter but far enough out of the way that it didnt feel really touristy. Lucky bastardo imo.
                                                                                                                  Prefer fully automatics set to a 3 round burst.

Comment

Monkey takes a photo of himself:

SPOILER

Comment

We all know the story in fairness - Dublin All Ireland Champions 2011*
                                                                                                                      *Dublin Supremacy

Comment

My cousin is doing a biomedical module in his degree course at the moment for which he and his mate designed a new syringe, nothing major just a slightly different shape.

They've created a 3D Model on AutoCad and then used a 3D printer to get a prototype of it, which is pretty spiffy, but the resin they use for the 3D printer means that the syringe doesnt come out see-through, so basically you can't see the plunger moving in and out within the barrel of the syringe.

They're doing a presentation in the first week of January and he was hoping to overcome this by making some sort of graphic which demonstrates the action inside the syringe to go along with their prototype

I was having a look round youtube and essentially this is the sort of thing they're looking for:

Video starts off with slightly NSFW pan over fake woman including fake boobs

SPOILER

Only need the needle/syringe though as opposed to all the other stuff.

Anyone have any idea what sort of software package one would need to put something like that together, how many hours you'd be looking at etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                                          If you try to jump off a cliff,you'll be taken into custody.Rightly or wrongly re assisted suicide,it seems to me like a continuation of the states stance.
                                                                                                                          Wrongly.

Very much so. I don't like the use of the word suicide in the context. Its just dignified end of life care.
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X