X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Delicious.

It's amazing how you can switch back into character so fast. Are you going to do a live version next week? (ideally complete with mazurka dancing and necking bottles of vodka)
    I particularly look forward to you accusing the poker dealer of being syphilitic and clearly brainwashed by Putin for dealing you KK when you are up against AA.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I think you somehow manage to come out of this as the odd one, despite me being clearly wrong. All this mad, syphilis Vlad speel, the people are brainwashed, about terming the Western side 'the allies', ad naseum. Its about creating an emotive caricature of a serious situation with real people making decisions that make sense to them on both sides. Its not driven by madness, its not driven by brainwashed masses, its a strategic decision that Russia has made based on their belief about the US aka NATO encroachment and involvement in Ukraine. I think its a horrible decision, but approaching it from a framework of madness and comic book storylines is what keeps these battles arising and ongoing.

It seems that to Russia's mind, they had thought they had sent a lesson to NATO with the Georgia war, then by ramping it up by annexing part of Ukraine, and now feel a need to ramp it up further. The lesson they are consistently sending is 'don't mess in our back yard'. We can strongly disagree with the message, but to their minds they clearly think there's a logic to it. We need to work with that logic, not with fantasy storylines.

Finland's next steps, as someone mentioned earlier, will be instructive as to what the smartest people in the room think. They've made an artform of managing those dual relationships over many decades. Maybe they will decide that NATO is what they need to join, or maybe they will continue what they have usually done and talk and understand and be wary of their nasty neighbour.
      This thing has been playing out over years and is so next level most of us can't even fathom all the variables that feed into the decision making or the planning and execution it takes to mobilise on such a scale. We use the Mad Vlad stuff, backed up by the gutter press, to convince ourselves we understand what's going on. The easy and dogmatic explanation make us feel like we are on top of things, like we understand what's happening in the world around us.

To be fair to RDIII, when he trots it out, I think he is just being facetious for the sake of brevity and maybe a touch of malevolence.

I'm not really sure if this analysis is worth anything but it highlights where the levers might be and why it might be in Russia's interest to fiddle with them.

Vlad could be surely be mad and a beautiful genius at the same time.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Blinken, who has been absolutely bang on the money, saying today that Mad Vlad's fascist army are planning to encircle and capture Kiev.

And:

Chilling.
        Putin talked about the de-nazification of Ukraine. Something tells me when Putin refers to his enemies as Nazi's he means executing the Ukrainian leadership and any dissidents or sending them to a gulag and it's not the throwaway insult it has become.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
          Thats actually very interesting. Maybe the way Russia doesn't become a puppy to Beijing, which has to be the natural leader as it will dominate the world economically (and eventually militarily, even if it itself historically has no inclination towards expanding its borders), is by becoming big enough to be relevant to China. Jaysus.

Comment

Totally different tangent but why are IT service techs worse than builders for estimating the time it'll take to do something. Might as well 50x whatever they say.

'Hi, I just need to access your system to do a quick change'. Six hours later and they're still googling 'troubleshoot x, y, z'. Thanks I'm now working the weekend. Clowns the lot of them.

Comment

I see the junta in Myanmar have nodded approvingly at Putins invasion with a statement, from some sociopath in a uniform , adorned with dozens of medals no doubt (1 for each 100 cildren murdered in the pursuit of glorious victory) supporting the slaughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post

Putin talked about the de-nazification of Ukraine. Something tells me when Putin refers to his enemies as Nazi's he means executing the Ukrainian leadership and any dissidents or sending them to a gulag and it's not the throwaway insult it has become.
                They have a kill list according to the US intelligence, which has been bang on the money.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                  To be fair to RDIII, when he trots it out, I think he is just being facetious for the sake of brevity and maybe a touch of malevolence.
                  No I'm not being facetious, I genuinely think Mad Vlad has gone off his rocker. Read his speech from Monday and watch the body language, then tell me you're dealing with someone firmly anchored in reality. As I've said multiple times, you're dealing with someone who's paranoid, totally isolated and who possesses absolute power. That is a perfect recipe for insanity throughout all of history.

And yeah, I will post malevolently about Putin. Why? Because he's a fucking evil psychopath of a dictator.

Too many useful idiots have been giving him metaphorical blow jobs in the West for too long. Call him out for what he is and call out the useful idiots who facilitate him. And, by the way, they are just as likely to be on the right as the left.

Comment

Mad Vlad's tanks are now in Kiev btw. Tank warfare in an environment densely packed with civilians. This will be appalling.

Comment

j1AKDGXCItCrdNgpxHZ_55ow9sgWeh-hzRDocLRYVb0.jpg?auto=webp&s=08d0a23ca5f03d6dbe576f8f143c4d77404a24bf.jpg

Comment

General mobilization: all Ukrainian men between the ages of 18--60 must stay and fight. Fucking hell. That would be all of us (except sp obv).

Comment

Actually could do with a good old fashioned SP rant about now. Ye know the vintage ones; each word and carved out by laser, each scathing nuance dipped in hydrochloric acid and hand delivered by a Biblical figure with thunder clouds bruising the background.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                            Actually could do with a good old fashioned SP rant about now. Ye know the vintage ones; each word and carved out by laser, each scathing nuance dipped in hydrochloric acid and hand delivered by a Biblical figure with thunder clouds bruising the background.
                            Hmm, think sp was pretty certain that the Russians were acting rationally and conflict would never happen. Although a sp rant is always good.

Comment

Onto last month's topic for a minute.

Work confirming masks no longer required anywhere from Monday. Have other people been getting similar communications? I have a feeling I could walk into 10 shops on Monday maskless and there will be 10 different 'rules'.

Comment

I particularly look forward to you accusing the poker dealer of being syphilitic and clearly brainwashed by Putin for dealing you KK when you are up against AA.
                                That luckbox would definitely bink the K if this happens.

Comment

We've taken down mask notices in shop. So mask free from Mon.

Comment

Nice version.

Comment

Onto last month's topic for a minute.

Work confirming masks no longer required anywhere from Monday. Have other people been getting similar communications? I have a feeling I could walk into 10 shops on Monday maskless and there will be 10 different 'rules'.
                                      I suspect in retail from Monday almost nowhere will require it, but many may have new signs up recommending it.

I'd say mask wearing from Monday will initially still be about the 75% mark, tailing off to 50% in a couple of weeks, then by mid April at around 25%. Probably be struggling to hit 10% by early summer, barring a new variant of concern.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

That luckbox would definitely bink the K if this happens.
                                        ah no.

I'd bink the 4-flush on an A-high flop.

Comment

ah no.

I'd bink the 4-flush on an A-high flop.
                                          It'd be a spectacular suck out anyhow, followed by moar tilt, and tittie rubbing by the involved parties.

Comment

GFYO

Comment

Some girl from Galway there on the news rowed from Canaries to Barbados solo.

Set off on December 6th and arrived today.

Not sure how much you would have to offer me to try that shit. Like would you do it for 2 million?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Not sure how much you would have to offer me to try that shit. Like would you do it for 2 million?
                                                She'd have been quicker flying. Silly girl.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

I suspect in retail from Monday almost nowhere will require it, but many may have new signs up recommending it.

I'd say mask wearing from Monday will initially still be about the 75% mark, tailing off to 50% in a couple of weeks, then by mid April at around 25%. Probably be struggling to hit 10% by early summer, barring a new variant of concern.

Judging by my trip to London I would say we are 25% on Monday. Obv by wed we are all in radiation suits so enjoy it while it lasts

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

via which orifice?

I'd i scope down my nose into my throat on Monday myself. No sedation either but it didn't feel like a procedure for which sedation is required.
                                                    The throat. I could choose sedation or not, and like AJ I regretted my decision during it. It wasn't painful, just quite a horrible experience. It was quite short though, and once it's out you immediately feel fine which is great. It was nice to leave and continue with my day.

Comment

My latest song came out yesterday - inspired by the wonderful movie the Master. I tried to capture the hero Freddy's journey as he joined and then left a cult. It's quite an unusual song combining a lot of my influences, we have two Cellos, two Violins, a Piano and quite a lot of synths!

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/4Eit2...89cf6a22e14e08
                                                      Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX6S...w5EMLwm2OyfyMk

Comment

and then she'll get someone to ship the boat back for 10k. Row home now ya lazy cow! i hate half job joes

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1714086&d=1645788520&type=thumb Dublin Bus Supports Ukraine.
                                                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Interesting to see who supports Russia in the international community:
                                                            1. Belarus (fat fascist stooge-boy Putin lackey)
                                                            2. Myanmar (vicious military dictatorship says hello)
                                                            3. Syria (say no more)
                                                            4. China. What a bunch of absolute cunts they are.

Comment

3. Syria (say no more)
                                                              You forgot Pakistan.
                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Label on my waterproof jacket: Made in China

Must check purchases from now on. After their recent show of support not going to contribute to their coffers if I can help it.
                                                                If it says MIC : no sale

Edit
                                                                Off for a walk now in my admittedly warm, comfortable and oh so waterproof outerwear. You lay lo mo hi!

Last edited by dinekes; 25-02-22, 12:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

You forgot Pakistan.
                                                                  I still have fond memories of Imran Khan so probably subconsciously influenced me. But yes.

Comment

Must check purchases from now on. After their recent show of support not going to contribute to their coffers if I can help it.

Edit
                                                                    Off for a walk now in my admittedly warm, comfortable and oh so waterproof outerwear. You lay lo mo hi!

We will also help Lao Laos container backlog .

Boycott China (after me novelty back scratcher / comb arrives)

Comment

Not your average shooter in Tallaght

Comment

3. Syria (say no more)
                                                                        China has a decades long policy of neither commenting on, nor supporting, overseas conflicts. That's their thing.

Comment

I am not sure if this has already been posted but here is the full video of Zelensky's plea to Russia. It is utterly heartbreaking.

Comment

Not your average shooter in Tallaght
                                                                            My brother knows him as a barrister colleague. Says he's nuts. He has won awards as a marksman.

Comment

China has a decades long policy of neither commenting on, nor supporting, overseas conflicts. That's their thing.
                                                                              Have you ever seen their UN speeches on these? "These are important matters which we must all consider" etc. Like a Junior Cert student trying to blag an answer on a history exam that they hadn't prepared for.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Have you ever seen their UN speeches on these? "These are important matters which we must all consider" etc. Like a Junior Cert student trying to blag an answer on a history exam that they hadn't prepared for.
                                                                                Yeah, their tweets are super basic as well. Like they have just read a book on smart ways of saying nothing, and are plagiarising straight from the book.

Comment

Ukraine @5/1 for Eurovision must be free money?
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Its far too soon to move on from the immediate tragedy of Ukraine, but we must be going to be so fucked economically. We've two years of covid, where most national governments have all added about 30% to national debts, and loads of SMEs have been completely battered. Italy went from 120% to 150% national debt, and also have a declining population and massive pension bubble. Now this impact from Russia, particularly on Europe. Plus we have the general asset price bubble that has been going on for a few years. Surely we can't survive all of this? I would imagine we are heading towards a massive implosion caused by a huge global economic downturn.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                      They'll hardly be in it when it's renamed the Democratic Republic of Putonia.
                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The market seems to have been taken down by PP. Where did you see that?

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

They'll hardly be in it when it's renamed the Democratic Republic of Putonia.
                                                                                          I'd say they will be allowed some sort of exile based entry.

Comment

I'd say they will be allowed some sort of exile based entry.
                                                                                            Just reading that the original act to represent Ukraine in this years song contest were disqualified because the singer visited Crimea in 2015.
                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

hoover that up
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

jesus christ

Driver survived thankfully
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

As well as being a BL he is also an associate prof in TCD, you just can't trust those legal / academic types.
                                                                                                  trinity college dublin,university,ireland,irish,universities,tcd,national,university of dublin,research,academic,study,studying,undergraduate,postgraduate

Wasn't hitch waxing on about a move to trinners recently?

Comment

Edit

It's a great idea to boycott China but you will be missed on here. You won't be able to access this website as you will no longer be able to use your phone or any computer.

You will most likely also have to get rid of most of your furniture/appliances in your house - Couch, fridge, microwave, kettle, etc.

If you own a car, you can also no longer drive that - same applies to using taxi's, buses, trains or the Luas - They are all a no no in the boycott of China

You will also need to invest in Irish made candles as you will not be able to use light bulbs or turn on any lights.

Things like take-way coffee is also out as the majority of the packaging/cups is made in China

Once you rid all these things from your life, I can meet up with you and give you a full list of all the other things that are out. It'll be a big list so I would suggest that you bring some form of luggage/bag to carry it home but most of that product will also need to be boycotted

Comment

Its far too soon to move on from the immediate tragedy of Ukraine, but we must be going to be so fucked economically. We've two years of covid, where most national governments have all added about 30% to national debts, and loads of SMEs have been completely battered. Italy went from 120% to 150% national debt, and also have a declining population and massive pension bubble. Now this impact from Russia, particularly on Europe. Plus we have the general asset price bubble that has been going on for a few years. Surely we can't survive all of this? I would imagine we are heading towards a massive implosion caused by a huge global economic downturn.
                                                                                                      That's partly why I see the proposal for removing SWIFT from Russia problematic. It'd also further distablish the dollar as THE global currency.
                                                                                                      No matter which way you slice it, we are in for a sharp shift in spending power soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

jesus christ

Driver survived thankfully
                                                                                                        jesus

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

That's partly why I see the proposal for removing SWIFT from Russia problematic. It'd also further distablish the dollar as THE global currency.
                                                                                                          No matter which way you slice it, we are in for a sharp shift in spending power soon.
                                                                                                          I think that's the German thinking also. Those bans of tech exports to China from the US had the sole end result of making it clear to China that they need to design their own chips, etc. Albeit, that that is apparently woefully difficult to do, but it will be eventually done. Take away SWIFT and there's enough economies out there that can support an alternative payment system in due course. Indeed, I think US messing over access to GPS was the reason why we now have the European, Chinese versions of GPS.

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1714114&d=1645800409&type=thumb Burn the Mona Lisa .

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                            This gallery has 1 photos.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Solksjaer!; 25-02-22, 14:53.

Comment

Mad Vlad making complete sense again today. Drug addicts and Nazis.

Feels like projection for sure.

Comment

Poker player Eugene Katchalov is in Ukraine at the moment and trying to get out of the country and is tweeting about what's been going on and what he's seen you can follow him HERE

This is crazy!

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

In the same sentence he also suggested the Ukraine military stage a coup and that they'd be able to negotiate with Russia. He's also blamed NATO/Western interference as a reason for the invasion - putting their armed forces on their eastern Russian facing borders. Well he's got plenty of additional NATO forces on the border now!

The Ukrainian army have actually inflicted significant enough losses against Russia vehicles and aircraft, they've decent anti armour capability and Russia never faced this before. However Putin is doing a Stalin effort of throwing infinite waves across the border so it's just a matter of time. Putin will end up with a puppet government, increased isolation from the west and more NATO members with thousands of losses in his ranks. That's not to mention any of the impact of sanctions.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                    Poker player Eugene Katchalov is in Ukraine at the moment and trying to get out of the country and is tweeting about what's been going on and what he's seen you can follow him HERE

This is crazy!

That almost looks like a parking meter the way it has landed.

Comment

I feel like it's important to remind people at this moment that Zelensky is Jewish.
                                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

In the same sentence he also suggested the Ukraine military stage a coup and that they'd be able to negotiate with Russia. He's also blamed NATO/Western interference as a reason for the invasion - putting their armed forces on their eastern Russian facing borders. Well he's got plenty of additional NATO forces on the border now!
                                                                                                                        Madder than a box of frogs.

Didn't blame Lenin this time, no?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

I feel like it's important to remind people at this moment that Zelensky is Jewish.
                                                                                                                          presumably gay too, just to tick all the boxes for the fans of alternative comedy

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X