This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
    Pizza is king. So frustrating though. I've resolved to to proper split testing of dough recipes over the weekend. Mine is either too springy or just toigh. Gonna test different hydration levels and ditching anything but flour, water, salt, and yeast.

Find him so soothing to listen to. Great juxtaposition with the over enthusiastic young lad in that video.
    Birthday next week so gonna splash out on a good knife.
    Leave the sugar out, any dough i have made with it is just crazy, even in the fridge.
    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Would ye guys retweet this. It's my buddy's gran. Doing it for his mother as she's not in too happy a place due to the lockdown - and thought it would give her a nice story when on the phone to the gran. It's pretty nice actually.

SPOILER
      Done
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Numbers for confirmed cases and deaths are hard to make sense of but US and UK appear like they could be about to head off in a different direction from the rest.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
          Small sample over a small timeframe in a sparsely populated region which hasn't been hit particularly hard during that time frame?

Not to mention only 10% of tests from the most densely populated region? They only took 2x the cases from Glasgow that they took from the Highlands??

Maybe some estimations of the asymptomatics are optimistic but this hardly moves the needle in the other direction?
          The Germans have done a similar test in a town hard hit by the virus. 14 to 15% was the infection rate.

This morning we have some data giving a little more insight into the great unknown of the coronavirus pandemic: just how widely among the population has SARS-CoV-2 – the virus which causes Covid-19 – spread among the general population. A team at the University of Bonn has tested a randomised sample of 1,000 residents of

Germany also has larger scale antibody testing planned according to the FT.

Move will help researchers assess infection rates and monitor spread of disease more effectively

Comment

Ebola is back now again

Comment

Great time to be mouldy

Comment

The Handmaid's Tale is another show I have been meaning to catch up on. I can imagine it it takes on a more prophetic sense having seen the world change so dramatically so quickly that the brain may view its dystopian alternative reality as not so quite far fetched making it an even more chilling watch. I think I might leave catching up on it for another while

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                  Great time to be mouldy
                  That's pronounced m-OWL-dy by the way

Comment

A man of culture
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

That's the D4 pronunciation. Dy should be like the Di in Aldi.

Comment

Mate lives in Buenes Aires and said there is widespread dengue fever outbreak that has just reached his apartment complex so trying to dodge two things, afaik thats got by mosquito bite so cant think of anything worse than sweating that awful zzzbuzzzz sound every time.

In better news bagged 111k in the Irish Open, 90 bigs for day 2 certainly good for morale.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                          Hopefully this is just a case of bad initial testing?

Opr
                          I dont know why this isn't an accepted inevitability. why would it not be, also ramps up the scary when seems like significance of the viral load can impact just how much it fucks you.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                            I dont know why this isn't an accepted inevitability. why would it not be, also ramps up the scary when seems like significance of the viral load can impact just how much it fucks you.
                            When you're online you need to stick to pics of kittens, puppies and playing poker til this pandemic is over.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                              That's the D4 pronunciation. Dy should be like the Di in Aldi.
                              Yurt

Comment

What a time to be alive

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                  Washable seems good, I dont have smelly shoes, but slippers need to be changed every 6-12 months, they pong...maybe its the no socks ?
                                  Most slippers are washeable. I'd pop mine in for a wash about once a month. Just make sure and put them in with a full wash, as they'll bounce all over the place. Takes more than a day to dry them, so a second pair at a minimum is necessary.

Comment

This is a tough read. A NY paramedics diary.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52196815
                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

New alphabet sheep game up for anyone who might be interested. Closes tonight

Comment

I have paired up Jbravado with with this stalwart of professional football for the last longest in the Irish Open.

Betting can be found here with Jbravado edging the ex Norwegian international on the exchanges.
                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

The Handmaid's Tale is another show I have been meaning to catch up on. I can imagine it it takes on a more prophetic sense having seen the world change so dramatically so quickly that the brain may view its dystopian alternative reality as not so quite far fetched making it an even more chilling watch. I think I might leave catching up on it for another while

Opr
                                          When this started I was thinking the supermarkets are quite like those in Handmaids tale now.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                            New alphabet sheep game up for anyone who might be interested. Closes tonight
                                            Maybe 20 people will tell you they entered but never send you a PM with the answers?
                                            Edit, maybe the joke is that you haven't put up a thread at all? WP.

Comment

anyone else here gettin a lot of 500 errors?

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                Maybe 20 people will tell you they entered but never send you a PM with the answers?
                                                Edit, maybe the joke is that you haven't put up a thread at all? WP.
                                                Not that clever unfortunately

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                    anyone else here gettin a lot of 500 errors?
                                                    Yes. I have to go into general poker directly instead of from the home page as BBV error
                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

It's true. Remember a few weeks ago when there was far less death in Italy and it was being written up as absolute carnage. Maybe it was. But it is noteworthy how a worse situation isn't described in the same way.
                                                      Trump is only stopping short of saying ' hey, be glad you're not black'.

A South politician preaches to the poor white man
                                                      "You got more than the blacks, don't complain
                                                      You're better than them, you been born with white skin, " they explain
                                                      And the Negro's name
                                                      Is used, it is plain
                                                      For the politician's gain
                                                      As he rises to fame
                                                      And the poor white remains
                                                      On the caboose of the train
                                                      But it ain't him to blame
                                                      He's only a pawn in their game
                                                      A bullet from the back of a bush took Medgar Evers’ bloodA finger fired the trigger to his nameA handle hid out in the darkA hand set the sparkTwo eyes took ...

Comment

Anybody on here a PowerPoint wizard?

I'm trying to build a home game of block busters - I've got all the hexagon squares built out but I'm looking to be able to change the colour of each hexagon from gold to either blue or white for a standard round or from white to either black or gold on the gold run.

I can get it to change from one colour to another but not two, is two possible?

Comment

Just to show what I've done if it's if any help to explain it

Normal round

SPOILER

Goldrun

SPOILER

Comment

I'll have a p please, Bob.

Comment

I had to double check that as I was pretty sure I hadn't put a P in either one

Comment

It's true. Remember a few weeks ago when there was far less death in Italy and it was being written up as absolute carnage. Maybe it was. But it is noteworthy how a worse situation isn't described in the same way.
                                                                I'd been thinking about this. Is it partly because the UK is actually coping quite well compared to Italy?

And that's not necessarily to credit the UK - it's noticeable that Italy in particular got hit differently, with Bergamo as a huge epicentre. Whereas the UK seems to be getting hit evenly which causes less strain on resources maybe.
                                                                If the UK outbreak was centred disproportionately around Bristol or Edinburgh then they'd have coped less well and we would have had the 'carnage' headlines?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                  I'd been thinking about this. Is it partly because the UK is actually coping quite well compared to Italy?

And that's not necessarily to credit the UK - it's noticeable that Italy in particular got hit differently, with Bergamo as a huge epicentre. Whereas the UK seems to be getting hit evenly which causes less strain on resources maybe.
                                                                  If the UK outbreak was centred disproportionately around Bristol or Edinburgh then they'd have coped less well and we would have had the 'carnage' headlines?
                                                                  What's for dinner?

Comment

What's for dinner?
                                                                    Chicken breast in lemon sauce from the butchers.
                                                                    Parsnip, mushroom, small tin of peas, potato wedges.

Yourself?

Comment

just downloaded England-NZ RWC semi final . i need to watch a game this weekend. it's been too long!!!

Comment

I think I've sorted it, but I'm going to have to start from scratch as the template I have was set up wrong. Sure, what else would you be doing during lockdown!

Comment

What's for dinner?

Home made bacon and cheese burgers tonight with sweet potato fries!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                            just downloaded England-NZ RWC semi final . i need to watch a game this weekend. it's been too long!!!
                                                                            Funny you say that - I work in Sports Data/Analytics and thought that we’d get a quiet period now.

Teams scouting while off is massive, so there’s no rest for the wicked.

Comment

Neighbour's gone topless in the back garden. He's extremely pasty, but I've done worse...a lot worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                I think I've sorted it, but I'm going to have to start from scratch as the template I have was set up wrong. Sure, what else would you be doing during lockdown!
                                                                                Some templates I found online from a quick google which may be of some help.

Tes provides a range of primary and secondary school teaching resources including lesson plans, worksheets and student activities for all curriculum subjects.

PowerPoint version of the popular gameshow with 25 numbered hexagons that change colour when you click on them. Numbers can be changed for letters if required. You w

Opr

Comment

Chicken breast in lemon sauce from the butchers.
                                                                                  Parsnip, mushroom, small tin of peas, potato wedges.

Yourself?
                                                                                  Cheeseburger wrap and chips.

Comment

Yeah, Italy basically got the whole UK situation in specific areas, and the death rate was a multiple of the UKs.
                                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 11-04-20, 17:08.

Comment

So one of the grey poker sites operating in America at the moment and by far the biggest one is America's card room. They are completely flouting the law and in danger of the same thing happening at any time that happened to Full Tilt happening to them. So what do you do when you're raking all the money? Keep the head down and bank the coin for as long as possible? Not if you are owner and operator Phil Nagy.

He organizes a celebrity-filled online poker tournament which will be streamed live today on twitch. Now all of the money is going to charity but talk about drawing attention to yourself. Tom Brady, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Bryan Cranston and loads of others all tweeting links to the completely illegal site. I am not sure if this is marketing genius or a horrible misstep that will see the site burn in a hail of FBI fire after all this is over.

Opr

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Hitch, what is your take on this? Socialism for the rich and capitalism for the poor?

CNBC's "Halftime Report" team is joined by Social Capital CEO Chamath Palihapitiya to discuss his view of the markets amid the coronavirus pandemic.Chamath P...

Opr

Comment

Name the song and the artist:

They got a buildin' down in New York City called Whitehall Street, where you
                                                                                              Walk in, you get injected, inspected, detected, infected, neglected and selected
                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Another possible answer is that back then it was terrifying because it hadn't really happened anywhere else to that extent (not including the over thereness of China) but now it is more commonplace sadly? There is also definitely an attitude of most of the media being on the governments side barring absolute disaster. If it was a labour government with corbyn in charge and the exact same thing was happening, it'd definitely be different though.

Comment

Anyone else think Boris has been dead since Thursday morning, and his cabinet think they can spin it away for a while?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                    Name the song and the artist:
                                                                                                    Enya?

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                      Anyone else think Boris has been dead since Thursday morning, and his cabinet think they can spin it away for a while?
                                                                                                      No. Not even the 5g wack jobs think that.

Comment

Interesting to see what the NY Times thinks of Varadkar now.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                          Miami vice era Colin Farrell was the pinnacle of Irish civilization.
                                                                                                          Really is a movie that gets better every time you watch it, think it’s up there with Heat for me now. Absolute masterpiece.
                                                                                                          It's a pity about the storyline/dialogue. Otherwise, it's good. I almost got sick when he chats up your one.

Comment

Song and band:
                                                                                                            Well, I'm a standin' on a corner in Winslow, Arizona

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                              Song and band:
                                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                                              the eagles , take it easy

Comment

Loads of the site links aren't working. 404 errors. I can only get to the thread by following a link directly for it.

Opr

Comment

What's for dinner?
                                                                                                                  Not dinner (my eating routine has gone out the window ) but I had this as a late lunch. Back on to eggs again... I always flip mine for about 15-20 seconds before serving

SPOILER

Comment

OK, that was an easy one fellatio. How about:

Is a dream a lie if it don't come true
                                                                                                                    Or is it something worse

Comment

Loads of the site links aren't working. 404 errors. I can only get to the thread by following a link directly for it.

Opr
                                                                                                                      I was getting this continually on my laptop but not on my phone. I upgraded my Chrome version to the latest version (3 dots, Help, About Google Chrome), rebooted the laptop and all good since

Comment

Too easy Stunty...

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        The Boss... The River

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                                          Weekend at BoJos?
                                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X