This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    Some woman on Joe Duffy talking about Lazare.

What was that?

Prob best I didn't hear it.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

People out running during lockdown.
      Yeah, listening to these ignorant saps is not good for the health.

Funny, prob a few people driving by me listening to it.

Comment

Just made a real nice omelette, I'll try get a pic up.

Comment

I think we need to discuss chips now, and then French toast.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
            I am really weird when it comes to any eggs. If the egg is a boiled egg, I like the white cooked but the yolk runny. If the white is that clear jelly way, it makes me want to boak.

Scrambled, if they are too watery, they make me want to heave.

An omelette, if there is any part that isn't cooked, that puts me off them for months. (Tony is an amazing omelette maker!)

Poached, never eat these till my 30's, too many seen that were with undercooked whites. One thing I hate now though, is the yolk overcooked.

I have explained about fried. Years ago Tony told his mam I didn't like fried eggs, because she makes them ala Lazare (you are still wrong) Then one day he was making me breakfast at her house and cooked me a fried egg, and did she not pick up on it and remember him saying I didn't like them!
            I can't remember how he got out of it though
            These are the types of thing you can get away with in the Mun. That would have been a very low level of difficulty for Tony. Im sure he could raise the bar on this one like the time he garroted the ice cream man for his flake being on the short side on a 99.

Comment

Amanda Brunker on drive time yesterday giving out about " new joggers" panting, sweating and spitting near her when she was out walking her two dogs.

Comment

Please don't Diss the microwave eggs. It's all about the stirring and the timing.... A microwave is perfect for cooking eggs

Omelettes... Omelette Maker best invention ever made.
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  I've recently moved to making all toasted sambos on the pan instead of under the grill and annoyed at those wasted years eating substandard toasties
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                    I've recently moved to making all toasted sambos on the pan instead of under the grill and annoyed at those wasted years eating substandard toasties
                    Snap, me too. Game changer. Buttered outsides.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

Omelettes... Omelette Maker best invention ever made.
                      You mean a small frying pan?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

to be fair, and it's not often I can agree with anyone calling into Liveline, but she was 100% correct. The jogger in question was a grade A asshole.
                          Ah ok. Yeah there are some pricks out there giving the rest of us a bad name unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                            Amanda Brunker on drive time yesterday giving out about " new joggers" panting, sweating and spitting near her when she was out walking her two dogs.
                            Wonder does she clean up her shite. Don't hear much complaining about that. Shit is everywhere.

Comment

Wonder does she clean up her shite. Don't hear much complaining about that. Shit is everywhere.
                              Yeah she got that in right at the start. Conor pope was the opposing voice as a frequent jogger. Lives within 2km of the Phoenix park the Jammy git.

Comment

left it far too late for my beer reupping.
                                everywhere fecking sold out of nearly everything
                                Next time it might be worth looking at drinkstore and beerclub. They may have some of what you're looking for but probably will take a few days to deliver. Have a few tins en route from craftcentral.ie at the mo.

Comment

Just made a real nice omelette, I'll try get a pic up.
                                  Chopped tomatoes, tossed in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Spooned on with juice. Grated parmesan..

Cooked in butter in an omelette maker, eh, a frying pan ..

Spoilered so MrsF doesn't spew her guts

SPOILER
                                  [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                    What about all the other people spitting at her ?

Comment

In rural kildare a curmudgeon
                                      held views he would never hear fudge on
                                      be it Dermo or vaping
                                      Sinn Fein or priests raping
                                      all are things that he just doesn't budge on.
                                      Last edited by horatio1; 09-04-20, 17:27.

Comment

Eggy bread you posh twat

Comment

Chopped tomatoes, tossed in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Spooned on with juice. Grated parmesan..

SPOILER
                                          [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                                          Nothing wrong with that! It is serving undercooked egg that I dislike. I would def eat that

Comment

SPOILER
                                            [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Hungry now again after looking at that!
                                            Mine always break up a bit.

Just after snaffling 2 fried eggs on brown bread.
                                            Had a handful of peanuts about 10 mins after that......and another handful 5 mins later.

Planning my pre dinner snack, dinner, dessert and an extra snack afterwards.

Recent medical.
                                            Doctor: " blood pressure normal and only very small traces of cholesterol"
                                            Me: " so I can eat and drink as much as I want yay"
                                            Doctor "no not at all you really need to look after your diet and levels if drinking I cant stress that enough"
                                            Me: "anything I want" (Mr Byrnes voice)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              Ah they've been going bankrupt for a decade. The stores just don't make sense. Still sucks for the people involved.
                                              Of course, it's just particularly poor timing.

A lot of people working in retail outlets wouldn't have a whole lot of insight into the financial issues that their employer may have.

I think it'll be a very big shock for many working there but also those who work in stores in the same centres.

It's the type of announcement that I think will worry quite a lot of people who are already feeling the pressure at the minute.

Comment

A virile young jogger called Lazar
                                                Was struck from behind by a car
                                                The entire front bumper
                                                Penetrated his dumper
                                                And left him with an interesting scar
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Ah ok. Yeah there are some pricks out there giving the rest of us a bad name unfortunately.
                                                  Not sure why I quoted you, as it's only slightly related. The thing that's been bothering me on my morning walks is the gender ratio. It's about 80% female to male. Perhaps that changes around later in the day, I don't know as I'm not out there. (the joggers have mostly been behaving a lot better in the last 12 days or so)
                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                    Tossing a few grenades in the Limerick thread i see, wonder how many bites you will get with the Kilkee comment....
                                                    Took me a minute before realising you're talking about the other place. Was thinking "Now RDIII has a limerick thread?"

Comment

Limericks
                                                      Last edited by Guest; 09-04-20, 15:25.

Comment

Didn't know burger King existed in portlaoise. Found on just eat there now.

I'm slowly turning into an obese alcho whinging cunt

Prob was most of the above anyway
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

What's everyone having for dinner? Post pics as its dished up. Don't be shy.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                            I’m having ice cream
                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                              I’m having ice cream
                                                              I'm gona bake a cake. Grand way to not have to watch the kid for an hour.

Comment

Richard Osmans quiz again this week for anyone that wants to have a crack

All the answers this week, begin with the letter 'B'

SPOILER

1. I have left the brands out of these famous UK advertising slogans.

a) AHHHHH ___________!
                                                                b) YOU CAN DO IT, WHEN YOU ______ IT
                                                                c) ________ A TASTE OF PARADISE
                                                                d) ___________ POTATO WAFFLES, THEY’RE WAFFLY VERSATILE
                                                                e) BRING OUT THE ___________!
                                                                f) ______ THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE
                                                                g) ______________ HOME OF THE WHOPPER

2. More European capital cities begin with the letter ‘B’ than any other letter. What are the capital cities of these countries?

a) GERMANY
                                                                b) BELGIUM
                                                                c) HUNGARY
                                                                d) ROMANIA
                                                                e) SERBIA
                                                                f) SWITZERLAND
                                                                g) SLOVAKIA

3. Who is the youngest player ever to win the men’s singles Championship at Wimbledon?

4. Clues to two different people who share the same surname. What are the surnames?

a) FORMER UK PRIME MINISTER AND SEX MACHINE
                                                                b) FORMER UK PRIME MINISTER AND STAR OF ‘GIVE US A CLUE’.
                                                                c) FORMER UK HOME SECRETARY FAMOUS FOR RIPPING SKIRT OFF ON STAGE
                                                                d) HAS PLAYED BATMAN AND FOOTBALL FOR WALES
                                                                e) STAR OF ‘ET’ AND ‘STRIKE IT LUCKY’
                                                                f) LIVERPOOL FOOTBALLER WHO WON THE BOOKER PRIZE FOR ‘THE SENSE OF AN ENDING’
                                                                g) HOST OF ‘BLIND DATE’ AND 400M RELAY GOLD MEDAL WINNER

5. There were seven sitcoms beginning with the letter B in the top 100 of the Radio Times list of the Greatest British Sitcoms. Below are pairs of actors from each sitcom. Name the sitcoms.

a) RIK MAYALL AND ADE EDMONDSON
                                                                b) WENDY CRAIG AND NICHOLAS LYNDHURST
                                                                c) LINDA ROBSON AND PAULINE QUIRKE
                                                                d) JEAN BOHT AND VICTOR McGUIRE
                                                                e) MIRANDA RICHARDSON AND MIRIAM MARGOLYES
                                                                f) CHRIS BARRIE AND PIPPA HAYWOOD
                                                                g) DYLAN MORAN AND BILL BAILEY

6. What was Yogi Bear’s sidekick called?

7. Who wrote these books? Their surnames begin with B.

a) THE DA VINCI CODE
                                                                b) WUTHERING HEIGHTS
                                                                c) JAWS
                                                                d) PETER PAN
                                                                e) NOTES FROM A SMALL ISLAND
                                                                f) POSSESSION
                                                                g) PADDINGTON BEAR
                                                                h) FIVE ON A TREASURE ISLAND

8. There are 7 UK cities beginning with ‘B’. Name them please. A point for each.

9. Which famous animation character was originally going to be called ‘Lunar Larry’?

10. Name these famous ‘BB’ television shows.

a) HOSTED BY TERRY WOGAN AND LES DAWSON
                                                                b) REALITY TV SHOW LAUNCHED IN 2000 ON CHANNEL 4
                                                                c) BBC1 SNOOKER GAME SHOW
                                                                d) US DRAMA ABOUT A CHEMISTRY TEACHER TAKING AN UNCONVENTIONAL CAREER TURN

Comment

I'm. Having a double xl burger King.
                                                                  Won't be posting a pic as it won't touch my throat
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                    Richard Osmans quiz again this week for anyone that wants to have a crack

All the answers this week, begin with the letter 'B'

SPOILER

a) AHHHHH ___________!
                                                                    b) YOU CAN DO IT, WHEN YOU ______ IT
                                                                    c) ________ A TASTE OF PARADISE
                                                                    d) ___________ POTATO WAFFLES, THEY’RE WAFFLY VERSATILE
                                                                    f) ______ THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE
                                                                    g) ______________ HOME OF THE WHOPPER

2. More European capital cities begin with the letter ‘B’ than any other letter. What are the capital cities of these countries?

a) GERMANY
                                                                    b) BELGIUM
                                                                    c) HUNGARY
                                                                    d) ROMANIA
                                                                    e) SERBIA
                                                                    f) SWITZERLAND
                                                                    g) SLOVAKIA

3. Who is the youngest player ever to win the men’s singles Championship at Wimbledon?

4. Clues to two different people who share the same surname. What are the surnames?

5. There were seven sitcoms beginning with the letter B in the top 100 of the Radio Times list of the Greatest British Sitcoms. Below are pairs of actors from each sitcom. Name the sitcoms.

a) THE DA VINCI CODE
                                                                    b) WUTHERING HEIGHTS
                                                                    c) JAWS
                                                                    d) PETER PAN
                                                                    f) POSSESSION
                                                                    g) PADDINGTON BEAR

8. There are 7 UK cities beginning with ‘B’. Name them please. A point for each.

9. Which famous animation character was originally going to be called ‘Lunar Larry’?

SPOILER

a) AHHHHH _____Bisto______!
                                                                    b) YOU CAN DO IT, WHEN YOU ___b+Q___ IT
                                                                    c) ___bounty_____ A TASTE OF PARADISE
                                                                    d) ___birdseye________ POTATO WAFFLES, THEY’RE WAFFLY VERSATILE
                                                                    f) _BMW_____ THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE
                                                                    g) __burker king____________ HOME OF THE WHOPPER

a) GERMANY-berlin
                                                                    b) BELGIUM Brussels
                                                                    c) HUNGARY. Budapest
                                                                    d) ROMANIA. Bucharest
                                                                    e) SERBIA. Belgrade
                                                                    f) SWITZERLAND. Berne
                                                                    g) SLOVAKIA. Bratislava

3. Who is the youngest player ever to win the men’s singles Championship at Wimbledon? Boris Becker

a) FORMER UK PRIME MINISTER AND SEX MACHINE brown
                                                                    b) FORMER UK PRIME MINISTER AND STAR OF ‘GIVE US A CLUE’. Blair
                                                                    d) HAS PLAYED BATMAN AND FOOTBALL FOR WALES. Bale
                                                                    f) LIVERPOOL FOOTBALLER WHO WON THE BOOKER PRIZE FOR ‘THE SENSE OF AN ENDING’ Barnes
                                                                    g) HOST OF ‘BLIND DATE’ AND 400M RELAY GOLD MEDAL WINNER black

a) RIK MAYALL AND ADE EDMONDSON bottom
                                                                    c) LINDA ROBSON AND PAULINE QUIRKE birds of a feather
                                                                    f) CHRIS BARRIE AND PIPPA HAYWOOD Brittas
                                                                    g) DYLAN MORAN AND BILL BAILEY Black books

6. What was Yogi Bear’s sidekick called? Baloo

a) THE DA VINCI CODE brown
                                                                    b) WUTHERING HEIGHTS bronte
                                                                    c) JAWS bencham

d) PETER PAN Barrie
                                                                    e) NOTES FROM A SMALL ISLAND Bryson
                                                                    f) POSSESSION
                                                                    g) PADDINGTON BEAR
                                                                    h) FIVE ON A TREASURE ISLAND blighton

Birmingham
                                                                    Belfast
                                                                    Bradford
                                                                    Brighton
                                                                    Bristol
                                                                    Bolton
                                                                    Bromley
                                                                    Barnsley

a) HOSTED BY TERRY WOGAN AND LES DAWSON blankety blank
                                                                    b) REALITY TV SHOW LAUNCHED IN 2000 ON CHANNEL 4 big brother
                                                                    c) BBC1 SNOOKER GAME SHOW big break
                                                                    d) US DRAMA ABOUT A CHEMISTRY TEACHER TAKING AN UNCONVENTIONAL CAREER TURN breaking bad

Last edited by Guest; 09-04-20, 15:53. Reason: Edited as had left a question to go back to

Comment

One more line and you’d have made a Limerick

Comment

I'm. Having a double xl burger King.
                                                                        Won't be posting a pic as it won't touch my throat
                                                                        Post pics m8.

Should of got their onion rings to pile on it too.

Comment

I just bought Fifa 20 and started a game of Ultimate Team.

If there's ever a means of keeping someone locked indoors, this is probably it.

Comment

Stuck a camera out on the windowsill for a while this afternoon. Nothing happens, but a lot of traffic imo

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                              One more line and you’d have made a Limerick
                                                                              Gwan shur add a line
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Gwan shur add a line

Boom Boom

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                  I still dream of the custom order one I had made up a few years ago, shell was filled with a think layer of reeses style peanutbutter filling.
                                                                                  With a friend a few year ago. Stoned off his box.

He sat down with his Easter egg and a cup of coffee.

Split the egg and was about to lash into it, when he has the bright idea to pour the coffee into the egg half, and drink out of it. Coffee and chocolate sensation.

The egg just about touched his lip when a blast of hot coffee and melted egg sloshed onto his lap.

I literally pissed myself a little bit.
                                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                    I just bought Fifa 20 and started a game of Ultimate Team.

If there's ever a means of keeping someone locked indoors, this is probably it.
                                                                                    Did the same thing yesterday.
                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I'm having Pork apparently.

Comment

...
                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                          Pork wrapped in pork. The ultimate dish. Slight marks deducted for not stuffing the middle with sausage for the triple pork combo win.
                                                                                          There was no black pudding in the shop.

Had the sausages for lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                            Stuck a camera out on the windowsill for a while this afternoon. Nothing happens, but a lot of traffic imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ3V...ature=youtu.be
                                                                                            1.41 mins in to this I realised I really am a procrastinator.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                              1.41 mins in to this I realised I really am a procrastinator.
                                                                                              Make better use of your time and find ComradeCollie's previous windowsill jaunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                Make better use of your time and find ComradeCollie's previous windowsill jaunt.
                                                                                                The sash window scandal.
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Whats in the after eight box Houlihan carries ?

He is starting to annoy me the last few evenings, trotting out the "following best advice" from ECDC and WHO, the dogs in the street were looking at countries a couple of weeks ahead of us and knew what was coming.

Pity we didnt have the leadership to make our own decisions, still saying masks are worse for you...
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Pork chop nite chez Collie. No seasoning, that's for faggots

Comment

Whats in the after eight box Houlihan carries ?

He is starting to annoy me the last few evenings, trotting out the "following best advice" from ECDC and WHO, the dogs in the street were looking at countries a couple of weeks ahead of us and knew what was coming.

Pity we didnt have the leadership to make our own decisions, still saying masks are worse for you...
                                                                                                      I am starting to get a sense of 'well what's the plan lads?' from the public. I think some semblance of a road map needs to be laid out or they'll start to lose compliance. They should have this ready for tomorrow's announcement but they can't announce even a plan to loosen things ahead of the long weekend or it'll be chaos. I'd say tomorrow they'll announce a prolongation for 10 days or 2 weeks, and then at some point in that period they'll start giving dates for re-introduction of stuff. Things have more or less gone to plan for 4 weeks, so where to from here...

Comment

Bitta Pork

I got extra Pork

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                          Bless your memory.

The sash window scandal.
                                                                                                          There was no soft materials involved. 'Twas a wooden window frame.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                            I am starting to get a sense of 'well what's the plan lads?' from the public. I think some semblance of a road map needs to be laid out or they'll start to lose compliance. They should have this ready for tomorrow's announcement but they can't announce even a plan to loosen things ahead of the long weekend or it'll be chaos. I'd say tomorrow they'll announce a prolongation for 10 days or 2 weeks, and then at some point in that period they'll start giving dates for re-introduction of stuff. Things have more or less gone to plan for 4 weeks, so where to from here...
                                                                                                            Yeah if I don't get a specific date when the pubs will reopen I'm gonna set up my own speakeasy.
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Also the statement 'these next n days are absolutely critical' has lost all meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                Yeah if I don't get a specific date when the pubs will reopen I'm gonna set up my own speakeasy.
                                                                                                                Cant see it this side of xmas tbh, i wouldn't be going to one, maybe some of the larger superpubs that can offer table service and some food.

Deffo see restaurants opening, with extra and proper distancing being used.
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Only a few short I think

SPOILER

a) AHHHHH BISTO!
                                                                                                                  b) YOU CAN DO IT, WHEN YOU B&Q IT
                                                                                                                  c) Bacardi A TASTE OF PARADISE
                                                                                                                  d) Birds EyePOTATO WAFFLES, THEY’RE WAFFLY VERSATILE
                                                                                                                  e) BRING OUT THE Branston!
                                                                                                                  f) BMW THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE
                                                                                                                  g) Burger KingHOME OF THE WHOPPER

a) GERMANY
                                                                                                                  Bonn
                                                                                                                  b) BELGIUM
                                                                                                                  BRussels
                                                                                                                  c) HUNGARY
                                                                                                                  Budapest
                                                                                                                  d) ROMANIA
                                                                                                                  Bucharest
                                                                                                                  e) SERBIA
                                                                                                                  Belgrade
                                                                                                                  f) SWITZERLAND
                                                                                                                  BErn
                                                                                                                  g) SLOVAKIA
                                                                                                                  Bratislava

Boris Becker

Brown
                                                                                                                  Blair
                                                                                                                  Brittan ?
                                                                                                                  Bale
                                                                                                                  BArrymore
                                                                                                                  BArnes
                                                                                                                  Black

B'stard
                                                                                                                  Butterflies
                                                                                                                  Birds of a feather
                                                                                                                  Bread
                                                                                                                  Blackadder
                                                                                                                  Brittas Empire
                                                                                                                  Black Books

Boo Boo ?

a) THE DA VINCI CODE
                                                                                                                  Brown
                                                                                                                  b) WUTHERING HEIGHTS
                                                                                                                  Bronte
                                                                                                                  c) JAWS
                                                                                                                  BEnchly
                                                                                                                  d) PETER PAN
                                                                                                                  BArrie
                                                                                                                  Bryson
                                                                                                                  f) POSSESSION
                                                                                                                  Byatt
                                                                                                                  g) PADDINGTON BEAR
                                                                                                                  Bond
                                                                                                                  Blyton

Bristol
                                                                                                                  Bath
                                                                                                                  Birmingham
                                                                                                                  Bournemouth
                                                                                                                  Brighton (&Hove)
                                                                                                                  Belfast
                                                                                                                  Blackpool (Dont think thats right but I cant think of anywhere else )

Bagpuss ?

Blankety Blank
                                                                                                                  Big Brother
                                                                                                                  Big BReak
                                                                                                                  BReaking Bad
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                    Eggy bread you posh twat
                                                                                                                    French toast you Brit.
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

What are the croquettes chadly?
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

I'll have a flaming mo

Comment

Can you elaborate? Dry pan & butter both sides of bread (flip halfway) or butter/oil in pan?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X