X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

It's going to be a long 12/18 months til a vaccine is ready. Life as we know it has changed and its going to be a while til it goes back to how things were.

Social distancing, Face masks, Every shop kitted out like supermarkets are now, Limited time outside, Most people working from home. This will be the norm. The elderly and people with conditions locked away at home. Slowly but surely building up herd immunity presuming this thing doesn't mutate. Pubs, restaurants etc won't open back up til then and will be staffed by people who've beaten it. Some sport will start to come back but behind closed doors. Mass gatherings banned for the foreseeable.

Until we have billions of test kits that instantly give you results with 100% accuracy then life is going to be like the most boring pandemic film ever.

A conspiracy theorists dream/nightmare.

How wrong am I?

Comment

The Gentlemen is a top film!
        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
          It's going to be a long 12/18 months til a vaccine is ready. Life as we know it has changed and its going to be a while til it goes back to how things were.

Social distancing, Face masks, Every shop kitted out like supermarkets are now, Limited time outside, Most people working from home. This will be the norm. The elderly and people with conditions locked away at home. Slowly but surely building up herd immunity presuming this thing doesn't mutate. Pubs, restaurants etc won't open back up til then and will be staffed by people who've beaten it. Some sport will start to come back but behind closed doors. Mass gatherings banned for the foreseeable.

Until we have billions of test kits that instantly give you results with 100% accuracy then life is going to be like the most boring pandemic film ever.

A conspiracy theorists dream/nightmare.

How wrong am I?
          Very wrong, way too optimistic, not about the virus but about the consequences of mitigation measures long term

Comment

Think they are sniffed at by craft beer neck beards but mcgargles big banging ipa and dans double IPA hit the spot and a lot more widely available than others when you are stuck

Comment

Trump's stream starting in a little bit could be an interesting one. Seems he is trying to throw Fauci under the bus of late. Recently retweeted stuff about calls to fire him on twitter. Fauci has become somewhat of a loveable figure nationwide during this crisis and certainly the one topping the poles by far in who the public trust in relation to the current situation.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                Think they are sniffed at by craft beer neck beards but mcgargles big banging ipa and dans double IPA hit the spot and a lot more widely available than others when you are stuck
                Craft beer neck beards? Wouldn't have imagined too much overlap in that Venn diagram.

That's a nice beer though
                airport, lol

Comment

It’s just unbelievable that they had 4 years and Bidens who they came up with-fuck me

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                    Karpackie is also a nice beer, and at €6 for 4 is value.
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                      Craft beer neck beards? Wouldn't have imagined too much overlap in that Venn diagram.

That's a nice beer though
                      I’ve been to 1 or 2 craft beer festivals, one of the circles is almost fully inside the other

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                        Trump's stream starting in a little bit could be an interesting one. Seems he is trying to throw Fauci under the bus of late. Recently retweeted stuff about calls to fire him on twitter. Fauci has become somewhat of a loveable figure nationwide during this crisis and certainly the one topping the poles by far in who the public trust in relation to the current situation.

Opr
                        I have tuned into it think tonight could be the night the man lets it slip and goes off the rails a bit!!

Comment

Hope that link works
                          Voice not the greatest but who cares
                          Crowd loving it
                          Tommy Kessler on guitar 2/3 in is unreal

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                            I have tuned into it think tonight could be the night the man lets it slip and goes off the rails a bit!!
                            Warmest condolences....Christ off to a good start

Comment

Opr
                              Saying he recommended the travel bans to Trump ....
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                Saying he recommended the travel bans to Trump ....
                                Fauci says he works 19 hour days and squeezes in a 3 mile run too. Americans are all full of it
                                Last edited by Guest; 13-04-20, 22:02.

Comment

Are you doing this voluntarily? Have to say whatever happened between them that was quite a clever thing to do at the start of the briefing.

"Sleepy Joe Biden", "Wuhan virus", he just can't help himself.

Opr

Comment

Are you doing this voluntarily? Have to say whatever happened between them that was quite a clever thing to do at the start of the briefing.

"Sleepy Joe Biden", "Wuhan virus", he just can't help himself.

Opr
                                    They call me racist !

China virus anyone ?
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Fucking hell. What are we witnessing.

Comment

This is amazing. He has made his own montage and is broadcasting it to the nation

Opr

Comment

CNN cut him off.

Comment

This is amazing. He has made his own montage and is broadcasting it to the nation

Opr
                                            What are you talking about?
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              Most in the thread are watching Trump's briefing. He put together a cut clip montage of himself, timeline and people talking about how great he is and just played it during the briefing.

Opr

Comment

Trump is giving his daily press conference now and it's more unhinged than normal, he made up his own video montage with music showing how great his response to the virus has been.

Comment

CNN cut him off.
                                                  Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                  Trump is giving his daily press conference now and it's more unhinged than normal, he made up his own video montage with music showing how great his response to the virus has been.
                                                  I had to turn it off I cant watch this!

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                    Sounds fairly standard in his 'I am the greatest ever Prez and anyone who says otherwise is fake news, liberal traitor scum bigly' narrative?

Comment

What was the music?!

Comment

What was the music?!
                                                        I was hearing Nellie the Elephant. Trump trump trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                          I was hearing Nellie the Elephant. Trump trump trump.
                                                          Was hoping for Eye of The Tiger or something equivalent.

Comment

This is so ridiculous I'm not sure it's real, he just said everything he has done is right.

Reporter: So you wouldn't do anything differently?

Trump: The governors should have bought more ventialtors last year, they should have their own stockpiles.

Reporter: Are you going to fire Fauci?

Trump: No, I love him.

Reporter: Why did you retweet the tweet asking for him to be fired?

Trump: I don't know, it was just a tweet (shrugs)

Comment

CNN cut him off.
                                                              Did loads of the stations pull it off the air during the briefing? I see someone commenting that they had to switch to Fox to continue watching.

Opr

Comment

What was the music?!
                                                                Standard uplifting trailer fare

Comment

Did loads of the stations pull it off the air during the briefing? I see someone commenting that they had to switch to Fox to continue watching.

Opr
                                                                  Not sure. CNN go back and forth to it. They cut the montage off, pretty much in disbelief and called it propaganda.

Comment

I haven't seen him on his heels like this before, he is on the ropes and all over the place. They should pull him out.

Opr

Comment

Finally someone hammering him.
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Asked why there is a gap for the month of February in his video, shits himself and argues with the reporter and throws out his fingers in the ears blah blah you're fake news bullshit.

What a spa.

Comment

He really stinks on his feet .

Comment

Had to turn that off. Keeps repeating himself. Has about 4 points to defend himself and make others look bad. He's repeated them all about 3 times each already.

Comment

It's pure theatre though. Raging I tuned in just after the montage. That CNN reporter had him on the ropes.
                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

It's live on YouTube every night btw, uninterrupted in case people are watching via CNN or wherever.

Comment

I was watching it on whitehouse.gov/live/ link where they blew it up to show the video full screen so I couldn't see the briefing room. You can watch it below as it is being played in the room. Look at Trump as the video is playing. Absolutely nuts. 7m 30s in it starts.

Opr

Comment

Watched a bit of it on you tube.

The captions, Jesus Christ "Even as they criticised and sniped" (not sure if that's it but it's the gist of it)
                                                                                    And fuckhead gesturing with his hand towards the screen
                                                                                    to say "you see!, you see what I have to deal with"

One thing I will say for Mcambridges brown bread
                                                                                    It facilitates spectacular Donald Trumps.

Comment

was saving this for later in music king-didn’t realise I’d run into Strew Nitting it up with Radiohead and John Lennon

Why couldn’t I have drawn whoever thought Roy Orbisons pretty woman is less well known than van halens

Last edited by Guest; 13-04-20, 23:18.

Comment

I haven't seen him on his heels like this before, he is on the ropes and all over the place. They should pull him out.

Opr
                                                                                        All republicans who aren't retiring are terrified of him. It doesn't matter that he's a total idiot, it doesn't matter that he is wrong on nearly everything. None of it matters. He'll still get minimum 47% of the votes in the election.

Comment

When all this shakes out, I can't see myself wearing a mask on a daily basis, when out and about, like some Asian countries. If it becomes mandatory I just fooking stay home.

Anyone wearing one regularly these days?
                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                            When all this shakes out, I can't see myself wearing a mask on a daily basis, when out and about, like some Asian countries. If it becomes mandatory I just fooking stay home.

How about shaking hands ?

Comment

I'm getting a serious bang of William Hague off Pence. Such a soothing voice though.

Comment

My House has been at home since the 13th of March... Herself cant understand why they dont make mask mandatory they dont stop you from getting it but they do stop you from spreading it, so if everyone wore them you could cut down the amount of community transmissions... I will wear a mask if going to get shopping and other than that we haven't gone out!! Taking this seriously enough that I would wear mask to public place but would rather avoid public place altogether.

Plus cirra 4pm in the afternoon seems to be the optimal time to shop during the week min amount of people in store and the que is the shortest

Comment

This is historic stuff This is why I put myself though this nightly . This clown will go down for his absurdity as Hitler did for Evil.

Comment

I got personalised ones made. Machine washable.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                      How about shaking hands ?

Comment

Opr

Comment

Love the laugh at the end

Comment

Herr Trump, Herr Trump, Herr Trump

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I'm going to run a couple of updates on some server stuff soon in an effort to see if that fixes some of the recent problems people have been having. Hopefully it won't take too long. I'll turn the forums off while doing it and post here when it is complete.

Comment

Complete. I live more in hope than expectation that this has fixed the problems that some people have been having. If anyone notices an improvement or if still having errors, please let me know.

Ta.

Comment

Thank you Dom. Your efforts are appreciated.

Comment

I'm wearing a mask when i go out. Masks work. It's astonishing that people are still saying they don't protect the wearer. It's nonsense. They don't provide complete protection but they're still absolutely better than nothing. Even a bandana will provide limited protection for you and reasonable protection for the people around you.

Surely poker players of all people would jump at the chance to give themselves a % lower chance of catching it without worrying about looking silly?
                                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                        I'm wearing a mask when i go out. Masks work. It's astonishing that people are still saying they don't protect the wearer. It's nonsense. They don't provide complete protection but they're still absolutely better than nothing. Even a bandana will provide limited protection for you and reasonable protection for the people around you.

Surely poker players of all people would jump at the chance to give themselves a % lower chance of catching it without worrying about looking silly?
                                                                                                                        I taught the whole reason the public weren't to wear them was they were needed by front line providers, which I wouldn't take away from, Wife got a load from sent in from China back in Early Feb and with China back open all the her parents friends are ringing them daily looking to see if they want mask sent over

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                                          I taught the whole reason the public weren't to wear them was they were needed by front line providers, which I wouldn't take away from, Wife got a load from sent in from China back in Early Feb and with China back open all the her parents friends are ringing them daily looking to see if they want mask sent over
                                                                                                                          Must get annoying after the third day or so.

Want any masks?
                                                                                                                          No, I'm still grand, stop ringing me.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X