This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    I remember Shane Ross being on Pat Kenny when Ross was bringing in the new 'zero tolerance' measures to reduce the mg/l limit and Kenny asking him repeatedly for the stats on number of crashes involving drivers between the old limit and the new limit and Ross refusing to answer. He obviously didn't know the answer and I doubt he cared. As someone who wouldn't get behind the wheel after a strong tiramisu it remains the only time in my life where I thought Danny Healy Rae might have had a point.

Like if they did a study that showed the average 60+ driver's reactions on 6 hours sleep were worse than the average 40 year old's after a pint should we ban the 60 year olds who aren't getting 8 hours?
    You can take the man outa Kerry...

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
      You can take the man outa Kerry...
      Don't misunderstand me, I'd happily ban both but I'd be interested in the comparison just for the reaction if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        Don't misunderstand me, I'd happily ban both but I'd be interested in the comparison just for the reaction if nothing else.
        I'd say I was over todays limits back when I did my motorbike test(from the previous nights drinking). In fact I remember puking in the car park before going into the testing centre. This was back when the tester just followed you around in a car, so there was minimal interaction with them.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

On the "zero tolerance" comment, I meant I *have* zero tolerance for drinking a pint in a pub etc and driving. I understand for practical purposes that you need to account for a relatively negligible amount of alcohol that would allow for certain things.

The amount of people that fall victim to being over the limit as result of the examples given must be very small under the current measures. I'd have "zero tolerance" for anyone having two pints and driving. I'd have sympathy for Keane if caught having consumed a whole tiramisu but it's collateral damage.

You do need quite a bit more alcohol than the limit to get a 2nd positive test.
          If you're barely over the limit via breathalyser, by the time you're dealt with by the Gardai and taken to the station, you'll very likely be under the limit for the 2nd test.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
            Holy fuck this snow here is depressing. I've never more felt an urge to get the hell outta Alberta.
            Should be song lyrics . Do another line

Comment

Do we have a version of 'The Masked Singer' over here yet? And if not, why not?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                Should be song lyrics . Do another line
                There was a young man of Alberta
                Whose girlfriend was a renowned flirter
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Trolls 3 is EPIC .

Comment

Hungover.

Regret drinking, don't drink.

Wake up, run, feel amazing.

Drink 'cause I feel amazing.

Hungover.

Regret drinking, don't drink.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I will start limericks, best ending gets a prize:

There was a mad pilot called Zuut
                      Who invented an edible parachute

Comment

He jumped out of his plane
                        the chute dissolved in the rain
                        and he landed quite badly on his flute

Comment

Lazare stole a leg of Lamb out of the local butchers
                          The butcher shouted . HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT?

I'll probably keep it simple , Some roast potatoes, carrots , mint sauce and possibly some sweet potato .

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

One day hungry and bored
                            He pulled on the chord
                            And his cockpit got filled up with fute
                            Last edited by Solksjaer!; 13-04-20, 10:53. Reason: Fu Raoul

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                              One day hungry and bored
                              He pulled on the chord
                              And his cockpit got filled up with food
                              'ute' and 'ood'?

FAIL

Comment

Answers below;

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                Quiz

1/ Brothers in arms a bit rough at the border. Comradecollie

2/ JC thought there was clearly something amiss with this bird. Dead parrot

3/ Luxembourg, Wales and York have one, ours is a bit of a shit. Raoul Duke the Turd

4/ Neil Diamond was constantly in them but not this posh brand. Armani Jeans

5/ So close to the hole he wanted a rest. Gimmeabreak

7/ Two thirds of the clan watched Gerry Hamilton score.
                                KK82

8/ Never saw Dev or Fitzmaurice on this two wheeled machine. Eamonhonda

9/ Being illegitimate Dufresne had let himself go. Andyfatbastard

10/ Obviously the premier hornblower. Horatio1

Comment

'ute' and 'ood'?

FAIL
                                  Works how I say it. Work on your 2nd line syllables ya mutt.

Comment

The 2nd line makes no sense
                                    The author is dense
                                    That last line you cannot refute .

Comment

Twas over France that he stalled
                                      Poor old Zut was appalled
                                      Cause h'ed eaten his lifeline en croute

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                                        My mother is in a high risk group with various underlying issues. She was on waiting list since Saturday for a test pre the "restart" (so 4 days). She called her doc again first thing Wednesday morning as same symptoms still there, went to hospital and had various tests, was back home by 5pm Wednesday. Got a call tonight about 7pm to advise negative for COVID and FLU. So circa a 36 hour turnaround from calling doc which I thought was very good at this stage (also thought it was too quick for COVID result but have to go on face value they wont give a negative reading without knowing).
                                        Originally posted by alocon
                                        This is reassuring. My mother also high risk having COPD, she's been in lock down for over 3 weeks.

I was tested on Tuesday, still waiting results. Have been mainly ok but some rough symptoms the last couple of days. Trying to stay away from news/social media as it's not helping with the anxiety!
                                        Originally posted by White Knight
                                        My cousin, living with my very high risk uncle, was also tested Tuesday and no result yet.
                                        To contrast - the cousin, who was at Cheltenham, tested on March 24th got his positive result back today. Likelihood is he was one of the German lab tests.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                          To contrast - the cousin, who was at Cheltenham, tested on March 24th got his positive result back today. Likelihood is he was one of the German lab tests.
                                          Our eldest got tested on Friday as she was experiencing breathlessness symptoms. She had called the normal GP, she assumed it was her new beta-blocker and they said she was to get tested first for COVID before they do something about her meds.

We got asked to go to the drive-through for 5.30 pm Friday. She said it was rather painful! I was beside her in the car. She got the call on Saturday at 3.45 pm to say she was negative.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                            Think how much trouble you'd be in with herself if you weren't a good cook?. Oleras especially?.
                                            Apart from meeting Ken yesterday (we're on a first name basis now although sometimes, I'll still call him champ) I pretty much didn't leave the kitchen all day

After brunch, I rustled up enough treats for a few weeks in the form of Mars Bar Rice Krispie Squares (I say weeks but we'll do well not to mill through them all by Wednesday)

SPOILER

Then onto the dinner with a starter of prawns and some homemade aioli

SPOILER

Followed by the main. I wanted to do a leg of lamb but with only two of us here, it'd be way too much so went with lamb shanks, creamy mash, petit pois a la francaise and a grand lamb saaaawce.

SPOILER

SPOILER

All washed down with a bit of plonk

SPOILER

Comment

Seems a lot of people were eating lamb yesterday. That an easter thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                yep. sacrificial lamb, just like baby jesus

Comment

He entered the den of the dragons
                                                  Endured fierce mocking and slaggings
                                                  And left without a cent of the loot.

(that second line is a travesty Glynn)
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                    Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world,
                                                    Served with mint sauce
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I had chicken thigh balti, of god.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                        On the "zero tolerance" comment, I meant I *have* zero tolerance for drinking a pint in a pub etc and driving. I understand for practical purposes that you need to account for a relatively negligible amount of alcohol that would allow for certain things.

The amount of people that fall victim to being over the limit as result of the examples given must be very small under the current measures. I'd have "zero tolerance" for anyone having two pints and driving. I'd have sympathy for Keane if caught having consumed a whole tiramisu but it's collateral damage.

You do need quite a bit more alcohol than the limit to get a 2nd positive test.
                                                        If you're barely over the limit via breathalyser, by the time you're dealt with by the Gardai and taken to the station, you'll very likely be under the limit for the 2nd test.
                                                        As I say I’m not sure what the right answer is, I would like to see the delta progression in reaction times per pint though, that would be interesting.

Comment

Speaking of cooking I made chocolate brownies and then cream cupcakes from nevin maguires cook book, didn’t realize how much sugar went into those things but absolutely delicious. How do you post pics?

Comment

Where are the rest of the chocolate rice crispy things to do you weeks Lao Lao? All I see is a couple of restrained days worth, or one good scoff.

Comment

He made it out of brie
                                                              But on the way down got hungry
                                                              It was a terminal but delicious commute.

Comment

watching this one first

Comment

Harris is pretty impressive it has to be said

Comment

Very far behind on BBV but -

Rang Doctor on March 16th.
                                                                    COVID test 24th.
                                                                    Phonecall this morning, 20 days later, to say I tested positive.

I've isolated for 3 weeks and will continue to do so, very confident I have not spread it.

Comment

20 day wait seems to defeat the entire purpose, that's worrying. Cant see everyone who've tested having to discipline to isolate that long without clarification either way, youd surely assume negative at some point in that period.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                        20 day wait seems to defeat the entire purpose, that's worrying. Cant see everyone who've tested having to discipline to isolate that long without clarification either way, youd surely assume negative at some point in that period.
                                                                        Main reason I shared.

You hear a lot of "Ah they are contacting the positive first" & "ah it's been ten days you are safe"

I know somone who tested within 30 mins of me in the same location and got a negative result 5 days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                          what a game. well deserved win!

Comment

What a monumental British twat that Inverdale is.

Comment

The best article I've read to date on the modelling of Covid19: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...mpression=true

Comment

I see Kev is handling lockdown well.......

Comment

Thai reddish curry for din-dins. Had to make do without baby corn

Comment

Part Deux;

1/ May have shot Bobby Darin.

2/ No addition to this celestial cue game this year.

3/ Embarrassed or going through the change didnt affect her art.

4/ Nobody was expecting his revelation, to me it was small change.

5/ Fraser and Niles long lost brother.

7/ Good notes on how to get a lift to the shop for a choclate bar.

8/ He linked being funny with a direct line from the centre to the perimeter.

9/ That's just the way he rolls on this page.

10/ His TV career is looking a bit wobbly.

Comment

Part Deux;

SPOILER

3 Mrs Flushdraw

5 Denny Crane

7 Andy Fatbastard

Comment

SPOILER

3 Mrs Flushdraw

5 Denny Crane

7 Andy Fatbastard

2/3

Comment

Food wankers with your lovely food.

hmmmm...

IPB home delivery service with optional fortune cookie limerick composed by RDIII.
                                                                                          CH marshalling the brigade in the kitchen "come on people those Ramekins wont fill them selves"

Bread and peanut butter for me!

Comment

2/3
                                                                                            yeah, 7 was a stretch!!!

Comment

Part Deux;

SPOILER
                                                                                              2 6starpool

Comment

yeah, 7 was a stretch!!!
                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                9. Dice

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                                  Food wankers with your lovely food.

hmmmm...

IPB home delivery service with optional fortune cookie limerick composed by RDIII.
                                                                                                  CH marshalling the brigade in the kitchen "come on people those Ramekins wont fill them selves"

Bread and peanut butter for me!
                                                                                                  I'd be deadly at that.

Comment

1st March since 2002 without a school shooting

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                      2 6starpool
                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                      7 Hitch

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                        no. 2 6Starpool

I see it's been nailed already
                                                                                                        Last edited by Solksjaer!; 13-04-20, 19:08.

Comment

Another month in the hole for France. Ouch!

Comment

Garda check point just set up outside my front gate. Stoppimg every vehicle other than busses.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                              Another month in the hole for France. Ouch!
                                                                                                              Are we going to be any different? We've left Denmark and Norway well behind at this stage as we move over 10500 cases today. We are now approaching double the cases per million compared to Norway and they have tested far more than we have.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Easy puzzle for you .

Watching Aladdin with the kids . Hmm I see a link now between two IPB posters . What is it ?
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Solksjaer!; 13-04-20, 20:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                                                                                                                    Are we going to be any different? We've left Denmark and Norway well behind at this stage as we move over 10500 cases today. We are now approaching double the cases per million compared to Norway and they have tested far more than we have.
                                                                                                                    We're still pretty middle of the pack. Point about France is that they are better off than Italy and Spain and within a week of them on the curve. They're both opening up a bit and France are going another full month.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                      I pray for the poor folk without a tennis court.
                                                                                                                      can you keep the house for another month?

Comment

ComradeCollie currently

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                                                                                                                          It's a balancing act between avoiding social unrest, not decimating their political image but ultimately doing the right thing. Won't be surprised to see more extensions in to June.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X