X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
    The anti Denny. Powerful piece.
    Some nice rhetoric.

Trump is an empty vessel, empty to his very core.

The Empty President I think I'm going to call him from now on.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      For anyone wondering why exactly golf courses were closed and when they may reopen, this guy provided some very interesting stats...

I love Sir Michael so I do!

Comment

I managed to get myself into an a small twitter debate, extending no longer than 7-8 tweets.

It's incredibly exhausting, no idea how Hitch does it on the regular.

Last time I'm doing that. Incredible how quickly it descends into utter shite.

Comment

Ireland head coach at 12 for England!

Have this on the tv. Will stick a Masters Sunday on for the evening too.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            Some nice rhetoric.

Trump is an empty vessel, empty to his very core.

The Empty President I think I'm going to call him from now on.
            Cant remember who said this. Just as powerful but more succinct.

NO BOOKS NO FRIENDS NO MUSIC NO CURIOSITY NO PATIENCE NO INTEGRITY NO COMPASSION NO EMPATHY NO LOYALTY NO CONSCIENCE NO COURAGE NO MANNERS NO RESPECT NO CHARACTER NO MORALITY NO HONOR NOT EVEN A DOG

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
              I managed to get myself into an a small twitter debate, extending no longer than 7-8 tweets.

FFS, replied again.

Struggling to understand how a guy who's intelligent enough to obtain a PhD can call road safety measures preventing drink driving especially in rural areas "draconian".

Also the social risks such as those to peoples mental health is a greater risk than the risk posed by having a couple of pints and driving.

Their point is apparently buttressed because of how few drink related accidents occurred in Kerry/Cork before this change.

Comment

Site in ribbons for me. 404 errors.

Comment

Twitter links haven't been opening for me for several days now. Dunno if it's connected but a pain nonetheless.

Comment

FFS, replied again.

Struggling to understand how a guy who's intelligent enough to obtain a PhD can call road safety measures preventing drink driving especially in rural areas "draconian".

Also the social risks such as those to peoples mental health is a greater risk than the risk posed by having a couple of pints and driving.

Their point is apparently buttressed because of how few drink related accidents occurred in Kerry/Cork before this change.
                    I have huge sympathy for people in rural areas in relation to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                      7pm. Its on Partypoker. They have an App but its pretty basic so laptop best by a mile. Theres an Irish Open tab so easy to find.

Theres a live stream with Fintan Gavin too, will post link later.
                      When does the leaderboard/chip counts and payout structure populate on the client, its all empty at the moment?.
                      Yeah be sure to post the stream later too. Padraig on it too?.

Comment

Quiz

1/ Brothers in arms a bit rough at the border.

2/ JC thought there was clearly something amiss with this bird.

3/ Luxembourg, Wales and York have one, ours is a bit of a shit.

4/ Neil Diamond was constantly in them but not this posh brand.

5/ So close to the hole he wanted a rest.

7/ Two thirds of the clan watched Gerry Hamilton score.

8/ Never saw Dev or Fitzmaurice on this two wheeled machine.

9/ Being illegitimate Dufresne had let himself go.

10/ Obviously the premier hornblower.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                          Sympathy is one thing. I also have sympathy for them too.

However, the position that the summated risk to all parties is lower when one is allowed to drink drive -within reason- is obviously a ridiculous position for anyone to hold.

I’d be all for the government subsidising rural transport for people. Some pubs do offer their own service which is similar.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                            When does the leaderboard/chip counts and payout structure populate on the client, its all empty at the moment?.
                            Yeah be sure to post the stream later too. Padraig on it too?.
                            Info still in the day 2 lobby. Parkinson gone from Party Poker recently, haven't watched the stream so dont know who else is on.

Stream @ 8pm https://www.twitch.tv/partypokertv

Last edited by Dice75; 12-04-20, 11:22.

Comment

I always imagine this lad i follow on twitter must be AJs long lost brother....

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                it's all there - click on the running tab.
                                Info still in the day 2 lobby. Parkinson gone from Party Poker recently, haven't watched the stream so dont know who else is on.

Stream @ 8pm https://www.twitch.tv/partypokertv

Ah thanks I was on Day3 running, didnt spot Day2, Have it now.

Comment

Decided to just the lockdown to sort through the drink in the cupboard. Plugged all the wine into an app called CellarTracker. Which proceeded to tell me that 3 of the older whites needed to be drank ASAP. I’m not one to question an app. 3 bottles for Easter it is.

Bottle 1: Was a sparkling Chardonnay. Dedicating that one to ComradeCollie. Happy Easter.
                                  Disappeared surprising quickly. Keeping an eye on the missus from here.

Bottle 2: Currently on a 2007 Hunter Semillon. This ones for you Raoul.
                                  Didn’t know I had that at the back. Probably a cheap-ish bottle. But seems she well as RDIII will tell you...

...tbc

Comment

FFS, replied again.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                    Funny enough was talking to someone from down home and two people came up in the conversation both of these people are semi-functioning, but would be the first into the pub and last to leave 7 days a week... since this has closed all the pub both have cold turkey'ed the beer which was really rough but now they are on the other side of it they dont know themselves... My mam said both of them look 10 years younger... both are happier and said they will prob stay of it altogether now

However, the position that the summated risk to all parties is lower when one is allowed to drink drive -within reason- is obviously a ridiculous position for anyone to hold.

I’d be all for the government subsidising rural transport for people. Some pubs do offer their own service which is similar.
                                    Drink driving should not be tolerated no matter what level no matter what area, in fact i say it would be easier to drive in suburb Dublin pissed than down some of the roads where I'm from! but you should do neither of them

Comment

Please someone try dried fenugreek mixed in and report back.
                                      Tried a pinch today. Would recommend [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Eggs for brunch seems as it's Easter

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

So, toying with idea of playing poker again, played a bit that horrible con twister on Paddy as a warm up yesterday

What book on the shelf should I read as a reeducation?

Championship poker by TJ Cloutier
                                          Super system
                                          Harrington on Holden
                                          Kill Phil

Or
                                          The education of a poker player by Herbert Yardley

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                            Eggs for brunch seems as it's Easter

SPOILER

SPOILER
                                            Think how much trouble you'd be in with herself if you weren't a good cook?. Oleras especially?.

Comment

IO punting ftw

Comment

Boris discharged from hospital.
                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

wow people have little to be doing

Comment

First Irish open I haven't played in years. Wondering will live poker ever exist again.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                      Boris discharged from hospital.
                                                      Probably means he's not dead so!

Comment

Need to apply my golf betting technique here and go for the person with the stupidest name.

Gogogo Louis Frederick Ira Zi-Loong Salter

Comment

I haven't checked stacks but how short is Vousden?

His SN is European. Pretty sure he's one of the biggest ever winners online.

40/1 shot, I'm guessing he's short

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                            Probably means he's not dead so!
                                                            That's what they want you to think
                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I haven't been getting any errors at all the last few days, but I know plenty of you have. My current main suspect is the top starts thing that shows latest posts, so if people are still getting errors let me know please, and at least I've ruled that out. If that does stop most of the errors I'll see about trying to fix or replace it.

Comment

I haven't checked stacks but how short is Vousden?

His SN is European. Pretty sure he's one of the biggest ever winners online.

40/1 shot, I'm guessing he's short
                                                                34/51 - 31 bbs

Comment

Got a new tablet and paddy power poker app isn't showing for me in Google play store, anyone else having this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                    I haven't been getting any errors at all the last few days, but I know plenty of you have. My current main suspect is the top starts thing that shows latest posts, so if people are still getting errors let me know please, and at least I've ruled that out. If that does stop most of the errors I'll see about trying to fix or replace it.
                                                                    Even the main link - https://www.irishpokerboards.com/ gives me a 404 Error. When others were complaining I wasn't getting any and then they started yesterday.

Edit - Actually I just tried clearing the cache and that resolved the issue. All of the site links seem to be working fine now.

Opr
                                                                    Last edited by Opr; 12-04-20, 13:17.

Comment

34/51 - 31 bbs
                                                                      Ah printing money at 40s, max bet there
                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                      15.34e

10 on JBravado & 10 on TGlynn choo choo

Comment

Need to apply my golf betting technique here and go for the person with the stupidest name.

Gogogo Louis Frederick Ira Zi-Loong Salter
                                                                        Could be a good shout, hadnt noticed him with the elongated name

Comment

Lamb shoulder gone into the oven for a few hours.

SPOILER

Comment

There's an absolute loon on Facebook that used to wrestle as Val Venis (for those of a certain age).
                                                                            For some reason I just cannot help getting involved ridiculing his posts and acolytes.
                                                                            Its pointless yet impossible to stop.
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                              Lamb shoulder gone into the oven for a few hours.

SPOILER
                                                                              Just had a decent 2.2kg leg of lamb. An hour in and it was overcooked by about 10 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                There's an absolute loon on Facebook that used to wrestle as Val Venis (for those of a certain age).
                                                                                For some reason I just cannot help getting involved ridiculing his posts and acolytes.
                                                                                Its pointless yet impossible to stop.
                                                                                I don’t have FB so I’m safe in that regard. At least with FB -like here- you’re not resigned to pruning your position down to such a degree that it effectively becomes a sound bite.

The people who “win” on Twitter are those with the snappiest responses to others tweets, preferably with visuals.

It’s just not the platform for an actual discussion if that’s what you’re after.

I’m after wasting half the day caring about that back & forth which is silly in and of itself. I sometimes do that here but the BBV has been a big value add to me in recent years, it really puts into perspective how much other social media is largely a drain.

Comment

Still getting 404 not found on the phone, android, (cleared cache, cookies, history etc.). No issues at all on laptop

Comment

I don’t have FB so I’m safe in that regard. At least with FB -like here- you’re not resigned to pruning your position down to such a degree that it effectively becomes a sound bite.

The people who “win” on Twitter are those with the snappiest responses to others tweets, preferably with visuals.

It’s just not the platform for an actual discussion if that’s what you’re after.

I’m after wasting half the day caring about that back & forth which is silly in and of itself. I sometimes do that here but the BBV has been a big value add to me in recent years, it really puts into perspective how much other social media is largely a drain.
                                                                                    This.

Nothing worse than drunk tweeting something before bed and spending your whole morning with The Fear arguing about it.

Ugh. Getting sick of twitter during all this I have to say.
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

While having brunch earlier, Mrs Lao Lao asked me what time we were doing our Easter egg exchange.

Balls, I hadn't got her an egg, between work and not really going out apart from a weekly shop, I presumed we weren't bothering this year. She had got me an egg when doing the weekly shop yesterday.

I had to go out to get petrol and was doing a bottle bank run at the same time so reckoned I could pick one up. The queue in Tesco and Dunnes Rathmines were both huge so ditched that idea. Centra in Rathmines had none and neither did the petrol station shop.

Then I got an idea, the Supervalu on Orwell Road in Rathgar is a bit smaller and might not be as busy so popped up there. I was right, only 3 people ahead of me in the queue so I was in within a few minutes.

They had no Easter eggs either. Fuck it. Next best thing, a nice box of Lilly O'Briens chocolates and a bag of mini eggs mix.

I arrived at the next available yellow queue sticker on the ground just ahead of another lad. Now, I'm not one to be aggro and barge in, especially in the middle of a pandemic when people may be a bit on edge so I offer him the right of way.

'Go on ahead' I says. In the frustration of not being able to get an Easter egg, I hadn't fully sussed this lad out to get an idea of who he was and what he was about. I didn't even have the chance to give him a full up and down eye balling. Like I said, we're in the middle of a pandemic so these things have to be put aside for at least a few weeks.

'No, not at all' he says 'You were ahead of me'

It's only then I kop it, it's fucking Ken Doherty.

'Ah, in fairness' I says, 'I reckon a world champion out ranks me'

He grins and says 'Those rankings don't hold any weight in this store and besides, you've only a couple of things whereas I've a full basket'. He insists I go on ahead of him.

So I take my place in the queue ahead of Ken Doherty. Now, it's been a while since I played snooker or pool on a regular basis (I was only thinking of taking it back up again recently) and while I was half decent back in the day, I never thought I'd be ahead of Ken Doherty...

Comment

I get error 404 always had ipb added to my home screen. But now have to put into Google and click tournaments to get in.
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

I think there’s a marginal utility part of it though, like the risk will always be lower when alcohol or speed is reduced but we have to ask is it appropriate to bring them to such negligible levels. If speed limits were all reduced to 30kmph then of course thee would be less deaths, and of course we all support less death, but is that really the right balance?

There are parts of the country where people may be the only inhabitant for miles, and likely only meet another person all week in the pub, consigning them to an eternity at home to drink is not without issues either. I’m just not sure what the overall solution is but I do think a couple of bottles of beer over the course of an evening should be ok, but it also hard to say that to someone who’s child was killed by someone who drank that.

Comment

For anyone wondering why exactly golf courses were closed and when they may reopen, this guy provided some very interesting stats...

Man. I spent way to long thinking about this.

Damn biases. It's mad how the brain works.
                                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Went with Barbosa at 14s for interest

Comment

The last session of the Galfond challenge is about to start.

Streaming poker, betting on poker, playing poker and talking about poker. What has happened to this thread

Opr

Comment

Ken Doherty was always a gent at the poker table too.

Comment

Ken Doherty was always a gent at the poker table too.
                                                                                                    Was at a table in the RDS with Ken Tony Cas and Steve Davis 2nd to final table. . Davis was by far the most entertaining. I quite enjoyed the banter and Davis was having a ball. Good times

Comment

...
                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Johnson's first out-of-hospital speech was very good - would probably have even voted for him myself if there'd been a ballot paper under my nose.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                          Johnson's first out-of-hospital speech was very good - would probably have even voted for him myself if there'd been a ballot paper under my nose.
                                                                                                          Yes, very touching in the personal details of it. I felt moved when he described the NHS as being powered by love.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                            Was at a table in the RDS with Ken Tony Cas and Steve Davis 2nd to final table. . Davis was by far the most entertaining. I quite enjoyed the banter and Davis was having a ball. Good times
                                                                                                            Davis used to pop in and play the omaha game in the Fitz now and again.
                                                                                                            We were playing the usual long session and Davis hops up out of the chair ramrod straight, shoulders back and chest out obviously getting a bit of a stretch on the lower back. Frank Hunt quips "Jaysus Steve is the national anthem playing"
                                                                                                            Now Steve was getting a flight that morning so Frank offers him a lift to the airport. Not being one to look a gift horse in the mouth or waste money on a taxi fare Steve accepts.
                                                                                                            So they hop into Frank's battered Toyota and set off.
                                                                                                            Of course Frank is dying to show Davis off to the wife and kids and takes a little detour by his house

Near his house he spots a mate and pulls over.
                                                                                                            "Look" he says "I have Steve Davis in the car with me"
                                                                                                            Yer man squints in at him past a proud and grinning Frank "looks a bit like him all right"

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                              I think there’s a marginal utility part of it though, like the risk will always be lower when alcohol or speed is reduced but we have to ask is it appropriate to bring them to such negligible levels. If speed limits were all reduced to 30kmph then of course thee would be less deaths, and of course we all support less death, but is that really the right balance?

There are parts of the country where people may be the only inhabitant for miles, and likely only meet another person all week in the pub, consigning them to an eternity at home to drink is not without issues either. I’m just not sure what the overall solution is but I do think a couple of bottles of beer over the course of an evening should be ok, but it also hard to say that to someone who’s child was killed by someone who drank that.
                                                                                                              I’ve read arguments regarding speed reductions being somewhat analogous to alcohol limits but that argument feels flawed to me. Increasing speed like greater alcohol consumption increases the probability of accidents but increases in speed are controlled by road quality, car safety standards and driving tests. Objective standards exist where with increased alcohol they don’t.

Hard to say that the impact of x units of alcohol no matter how limited(say 1 unit) will lead to the same effect among all. I think there are too many qualitative and quantitative factors to consider before you can get close to a point where the benefits can conclusively outweigh the costs.

The government hasn’t done enough for those in rural areas who are isolated as a result of changes. Perhaps something that may arise from our current situation is a greater appreciation for the well being of our elderly population. People with elderly family not previously isolated may see the need to support those who are regularly isolated.

For me, I’d simply find it hard to support anything other than zero tolerance on alcohol consumption and driving.

Comment

At what point does Galfond fold everything pre flop to while away the hands!?

Comment

Andrea Bocelli live from Milan on YouTube at the mo.

Comment

At what point does Galfond fold everything pre flop to while away the hands!?
                                                                                                                    I assume that's a given once it's mathematically safe? He's about 50 hands of blinds up at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                                      Andrea Bocelli live from Milan on YouTube at the mo.
                                                                                                                      Typical Italians, just like the Irish and are always late.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                        I assume that's a given once it's mathematically safe? He's about 50 hands of blinds up at the moment.
                                                                                                                        I think Galfond will play straight up to the finish myself

Comment

I think Galfond will play straight up to the finish myself
                                                                                                                          With <100 hands left and up over $15k you think he would play and risk $300k swing?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X