This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

In all of these cases, it's pretty much how long is a piece of string?

Based on what you've said about it being cloak and dagger, wouldn't be a great sign IMO. Any public or internal message of significance about how the company is recovering and a timeline?
    No timeline yet. The parent company in France are handling it. Not sure whats happening as pretty much out of the loop in Ireland. Mad to think we cant work without the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
      Micknail - any cybersecurity-related hijinks that you can post about here?
      Yeah Mick any?

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Fucks sake. You mentioned plasma before.....bastards going after healthcare...not that that's a surprise given their penchant for bombing anything other than military targets.
        Yep healthcare . Some folk wont get the blood clot medicine etc. Lowest order of criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

The book is different to the film
          The book doesnt have Jack Nicholson.

Reading the posts there. I dont know Mdoug (i think) however these posts look a bit ominous hopefully just a black mood or bored with IPB. Life is shit at times but tragically fragile also . But always worth fighting for . Hope you are ok mdoug . .

Perhaps folk need to stop encouraging degeneracy . Its a murky false existence that fks with your mind, deceiving it . Its not real its dopamine out of control
          Hotspur might offer some more apt opinion.

Hope also im overreacting. Best wishes to anyone suffering mentally . People like Dice above offering real aid show you the world can be a decent place.

Comment

For my shame I didn't read Mdoug's post in that light at all, hope the lad is ok.

Surely somebody here has his number to check in with him.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              For my shame I didn't read Mdoug's post in that light at all, hope the lad is ok.

Surely somebody here has his number to check in with him.
              Rigger the most likely, think him and mdoug met up for beers quite a bit. Possibly AndyFB in that group as well.
              Rigger is pablo (paul) H** on facebook though not very active there these days like most of us. I'll DM him anyway but again maybe someone has his number.
              Hopefully just a nothingburger.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I think you're the one who needs to pick up tips from the comedians

Hitchhiker's Guide To... I just realised that my smiley/winky face emoji didn't appear at the end of the above sentence when I posted it from my phone so this may have come across a tad aggressive instead of how I meant it come accross.

Comment

ha, no, not at all
                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I understand there might be something extreme going on in mdoug's life, but hopefully a few have managed to reach him. Difficult time.

Comment

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/br...blin-7/4542892
                      First viewing done, might put a bid on this it's at 513k.
                      The living area is actually quite dark but is there daylight emulating lights you can get it's 100 metres from my local brunch spot and 5 mins walk from where I live now.

This just went sale agreed in whitehall/beaumount but might ring about it, office in garden is appealing even if distance from city is not
                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 26-03-22, 14:10.

Comment

That first place looks amazing value Tar.

Comment

4 beds for <500 in An Lar , what's the catch?
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

4 beds for <500 in An Lar , what's the catch?
                            Probably go for a bit more since its at 513k with 2 bidders, that said it's been on the market like 5 months.

I would say it's designed to be rented. 3 of the bedrooms are small with lots of storage and there are four bathrooms, 3 ensuite. No bath, so all small very nicely done bathrooms. The living area is smaller than it appears in the pic and is dark. There's no outside area and thus with location I think families won't want to live there. What's with the weird high sockets
                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 26-03-22, 15:41.

Comment

Doing a new kitchen and thinking of switching from Gas to Induction hob, an unthinkable move not so long ago, but I now have a couple of people persuading me.

Have read a few reports of people saying they never looked back.

Anyone here do it?

Comment

Doing a new kitchen and thinking of switching from Gas to Induction hob, an unthinkable move not so long ago, but I now have a couple of people persuading me.

Anyone here do it?
                                You'll never catch a decent chef with an electric cooker.

Comment

Anyone here do it?
                                  Maybe I’ve a shit one but I frequently look back . They are shocking for cooking steak etc - hard to keep heat high consistently
                                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

All OK with mdoug according to Riggs.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post

That's the thing that is drawing me, hearing about chefs switching.

Comment

Bought a new matrass . Had a rare unplanned afternoon nap on it during a test run. Seems to have seen off incoming bug for now.

Comment

Chefs are a very angry depressive bunch, I wouldn't trust a word out of their mouths.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

Maybe I’ve a shit one but I frequently look back . They are shocking for cooking steak etc - hard to keep heat high consistently
                                            I've read you need to use suitable pots and pans, with an iron content. Do you use a cast iron skillet for steak?

Comment

Anyone here do it?
                                              Probably worth it for the health benefits alone. I had gas and now have induction in the new place. I think it's great. It's faster and more controllable. Less cleaning involved.

Comment

I've read you need to use suitable pots and pans, with an iron content. Do you use a cast iron skillet for steak?
                                                First thing i did when I read that was to throw a magnet onto my wok. No way was it happening if it didn't stick. Have spent two years seasoning it.

Comment

That's the thing that is drawing me, hearing about chefs switching.
                                                  The world's changing so and I never knew.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                    Chefs are a very angry depressive bunch, I wouldn't trust a word out of their mouths.
                                                    Male chefs.

Alot of them end up turning to drink or coke cause of the pressures of the job combined with the hours. They're usually dick heads too.

Comment

Because they have to, cruise ships all cook on electric.

On the induction side, we had one in a hire place in Italy a few years ago, dont know if it was specific to that hob but it kept "clicking" on and off...annoyed me.
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Because they have to, cruise ships all cook on electric.

On the induction side, we had one in a hire place in Italy a few years ago, dont know if it was specific to that hob but it kept "clicking" on and off...annoyed me.
                                                        Surely just about everything on a cruise ship is whacked in the oven?

Comment

Surely just about everything on a cruise ship is whacked in the oven?
                                                          From the few docs i have seen, yeah, a lot would be oven cooked, but flat tops and pans would also be utilized....oh, and those big vats that they batch cook stews/curries in.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Kids football this morning and told the little 7yo full kit Liverpool lad that Salah had just signed for United. Backfired a bit as he ran off bawling. Will need a cup of cement to get in my starting lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                              Kids football this morning and told the little 7yo full kit Liverpool lad that Salah had just signed for United. Backfired a bit as he ran off bawling. Will need a cup of cement to get in my starting lineup.
                                                              Ha, Bad Santaesque

Comment

I'll never find out if I've just immeasurably improved PSV's steaks. Lad's too proud.

Comment

Choooon

Comment

A Great Aussie pitch invasion. This wasn't the last kick off the game or anything, was midway through the 3rd quarter. 30 minute delay before getting it restarted.

Comment

Christian Eriksson scored a goal 3 minutes after he was dead on international duty. Tough record to break

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                        Christian Eriksson scored a goal 3 minutes after he was dead on international duty. Tough record to break
                                                                        Pft, I'd say Keano died half a dozen times and played on. He just didn't make a big fuss about it like Eriksson. I also distinctly remember Steve Bruce dying, getting buried, and making it back it on for the second half to score a header with no head.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Would you know your way up/down/around Mullaghcleevaun? Or is that a bit further up the military road than you venture? I'm looking to do it this summer but struggling to find someone that knows the way and dont want to do it alone as it's got a lot of marsh and deep bog holes so need someone that knows the way and the mountain.

Also, what did you get from the Chinese?
                                                                          Check your PMs
                                                                          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Electric hob and induction hob are very different.
                                                                            An electric is only good do a stew other low and slow things. But induction should match gas, if it’s powerful enough. In fact is can probably exceed it in power.
                                                                            Last edited by Mellor; 27-03-22, 03:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                              Harry McGuire dies every week and still rises to play the next match

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

Harry McGuire dies every week and still rises to play the next match
                                                                                So do the fans .

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Pft, I'd say Keano died half a dozen times and played on. He just didn't make a big fuss about it like Eriksson. I also distinctly remember Steve Bruce dying, getting buried, and making it back it on for the second half to score a header with no head.
                                                                                  Forgot about Bruce . He still get's work as a dead man walking .
                                                                                  Last edited by Solksjaer!; 27-03-22, 08:57. Reason: Being blind is a poor excuse for me spellinz

Comment

Lazare might want to delete some of his recent posts here!

The financier Dermot Desmond has become the victim of a security breach after a tradesman posted a video from a bedroom at his new mansion on Shrewsbury Road in Dublin 4.
                                                                                    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

On this, watched Boiling Point last night, Stephen Graham...cracking actor.

All done with 1 camera and 1 take, outstanding !
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

To be honest. Im a fat cunt. You are a fat cunt. I dont really care. You are a yo-yo boy. This is not meant from a bad place. We should have Christmas bet to motivate ourselves...
                                                                                        I'd be on for one if you are interested. Would have to be based on BMI or something like that, would also want to weigh in and start sooner rather than later.

Comment

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/...-41491381.html
                                                                                          Can anyone paste the full article?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                            But induction should match gas, if it’s powerful enough. In fact is can probably exceed it in power.
                                                                                            As long as the specially built induction pan is sitting correctly on the hob. You can't be be cooking wok style flipping and moving ingredients in the pan.

Induction is a big upgrade on radiant electric hobs but it's not even close to gas.

Comment

SPOILER

Niamh Horan

March 27 2022 02:30 AM

The financier Dermot Desmond has become the victim of a security breach after a tradesman posted a video from a bedroom at his new mansion on Shrewsbury Road in Dublin 4.

The worker was carrying out a job on the property when he filmed an impromptu tour for his Twitter followers.

Last week, Mr Desmond instructed his lawyers to take action to remove the video post. This weekend, legal counsel for the Desmond family told the Sunday Independent: “We are taking the matter very seriously.”

In the video, the tradesman, who calls himself ‘Mick’, shows his 1,656 followers inside the luxurious surrounds of the property, commenting: “Lads this gaff would make you sick! Honest to God man... Look at this. The fella that owns Celtic owns it. Dermot Desmond.”

Desmond’s new-build replaces Walford, the redbrick Victorian-era house built in 1902 which was famously purchased by developer Seán Dunne and his then wife Gayle Killilea for €57m at the height of the property boom in the Celtic Tiger era.

Carrying his camera around a bedroom, the tradesman expresses incredulity at the opulent surroundings: “F**kin’ carpet... This is just a bedroom. I don’t even know what the brand of them TVs are. This gaff — he paid €14m for the land, yeah? Look at these little study lights.” Playing with the lights, he demonstrates: “You just spin it around on to the desk. Back up. Up you go!”

The man then points the camera out the back window to show what Desmond is building at the rear of the property: “So out the back here — over in the far corner — a blue tennis court. He has a putting green over at the back. That’s his garage there yeah? His garage!”

Pointing to the back garden, he adds: “I don’t know what he’s building here, some big fountain area or something. I’ll show you a few more rooms in a while…. Look at the carpet! Awww look at them doors, boys. Mental,
                                                                                              absolutely mental!”

This weekend, Suzanne McNulty, a solicitor for Desmond, wrote to the Sunday Independent following a query on the video.

“We are aware of the security breach and have taken appropriate action,” she said. “Thank you for recognising the seriousness of this incident, and I am sure that you and your legal department will appreciate that any further disclosure would undoubtedly impact the security and the privacy of the property and the occupants. We are taking the matter very seriously.”

Desmond’s property is one the biggest private homes in central Dublin.

Documentation accompanying the planning application for the 17,000 sq ft home says that “internal wall thicknesses vary and are configured to form rooms of clear geometries, akin to 17th-century French hotel plans”.
                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Also, anyone got a link to the twitter tour? Probably gone now.

Comment

I'd be on for one if you are interested. Would have to be based on BMI or something like that, would also want to weigh in and start sooner rather than later.
                                                                                                  Wouldent mind some motivation either.
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/...-41491381.html
                                                                                                    I've sent on his posts to Rathcoole Garda Station . They set bail/bribe at 5 doughnuts from that rolling doughnuts van down by the old proddy church . They'll be back in the Station next Weds for 2 hours .

DD will get bad publicity from the complaint id say . Old goat.

Comment

Are ya worried Mick ? (Or whatever your real name is)

Comment

Streisand effect in full flow.

Comment

Comment

It's no Waterford Cribs

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                              Yep. He probably did try to get it quietly removed I'd say, the Indo have amplified it.

Comment

We did all the blinds in that room btw.

Your man obv didn't venture into the ensuite.

Bastard of a job. That one room took a whole day.

Comment

FFS!

Comment

FFS!
                                                                                                                    Great finish.

Comment

Fckn Useless thugs couldn't even lose properly without moronically giving the game to Monaghan

Riged Obv

Comment

Ordered two very large bags of topsoil mix on Friday night (9pm). To my consternation, these arrived at 11am Saturday. Spent the whole weekend decanting them into buckets, carrying down the side passage and spreading them over my uneven lawn which is now beautifully even. Except for the bits the dog has decided are her personal play area.

Very difficult to judge quantity by eye. My first thought was 'shit, that's 5x too much' but it ended up being just about right.

Wrecked. Will throw some grass seed over it whenever the rain shows signs of appearing.

Next weekend's job is to construct a raised flower bed with railway sleepers which will surely test my handyman skills to the utmost. Presumably at some point, the jobs stop coming because they're all done.
                                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                          That was my first thought too, why on earth would you publicise it when it's out there on the web? Quiet word from the lawyer, take down the tweets, forget about getting paid for your work and count yourself lucky - but no.
                                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X