This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

What is available to you at the moment, email?
    Your intranet / Sharepoint?

You Active Directory server could be fucked, meaning you can't login.
    This would stop you using ERP systems.
    Also, there's a fair chance IT dont know how far the encryption went etc.

Any word on how the breach happened?
    Are people still WFH, what is the level of AV and other anti malware products on your work laptop?

Either IT can restore from backups, or your backups are fucked too, in which case it's a matter of building everything from scratch.
    This happened the Scottish EPA in christmas 2020, and took them a good 3 months to get anyone back working.
    Of course all the managers went on a whistlestop tour for the rest of the year preaching about lessons learned
    Thanks. Its down tools 1 week tomorrow. No WFH . waiting on feedback from France on level of breach.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      I signed up to a jewellry making class last night. All-day event where you start with a chunk of silver and end up with a ring or a pendant. A slightly random idea, but there we go. I think you always take something away from these types of classes that's bigger than the thing you are studying.
      All the leftover silver!

Comment

@HH, I made that Chicken parm dish for dinner, just the chicken, and turned out great...dont think i have ever grilled a chicken breast before !
        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post

... PFFT, clearly my convincing victory has the masses running for cover... I'll set it up and run/spam it... People can expect less quality spamming and a less than average event running...
          Remember to show the plebs no mercy. They'll tear you to shreds if you even hint at weakness.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Are the airports just nuts in the mornings?
            I've a 19:40 flight next month.
            Depends on the day, last couple of Fridays I've been in it's been pretty busy when I'm leaving about 5pm or whatever
            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Thanks. Its down tools 1 week tomorrow. No WFH . waiting on feedback from France on level of breach.
              Not a good sign to have radio silence tbh but what the lads DP/Micknail said is the case. There are levels of fuckedness here. The larger the business the more IT systems in play. Many of which need to "talk" to each constantly. This increases complexity when recovering systems and also trying to isolate/contain the threat.

Are you at home or being called to the office and then sent home?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Depends on the day, last couple of Fridays I've been in it's been pretty busy when I'm leaving about 5pm or whatever
                I've a flight at 4pm on Sat. What's the best play here?

Fast track or get there before 1pm?

Fast track is gonzo. Best of luck to the coillcams so.
                Last edited by coillcam; 28-03-22, 19:11.

Comment

We really have reached peak bizarro world, when you have to turn up 3.5 hours early to take a 1-hour flight. At some point, airports will hopefully cop on. Makes a bit of a mockery of the idea of planes constantly getting faster, if we've come up with so many stupid airport rules, that means people need to think in terms of a half-day just to queue to get on the plane.
                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Got no insider knowledge, if it was me id probably arrive at 1pm and got through t2. If you're through quick you can chill with a pint rather than stressing
                    airport, lol

Comment

wow, they've shut it down, the fuckwits. I guess everyone with a flight in the next two weeks, at some point today thought 'I'd better get fast track'. Booked it this morning, but must have been just in time.

Comment

We really have reached peak bizarro world, when you have to turn up 3.5 hours early to take a 1-hour flight. At some point, airports will hopefully cop on. Makes a bit of a mockery of the idea of planes constantly getting faster, if we've come up with so many stupid airport rules, that means people need to think in terms of a half-day just to queue to get on the plane.
                        It's because so many staff are off with covid I thought? Hardly airports doing it willingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                          Bit late to the party Solks so i'll just echo what Micknail & DP said.
                          Give us your thoughts on penetration testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

It's because so many staff are off with covid I thought? Hardly airports doing it willingly.
                            Not particularly. Apparently they let 1000 staff go during the pandemic under voluntary redundancy, rather than realising that airports would eventually reopen and they might actually need the staff. So, they literally did do it willingly. We need to get your local building merchants in to run the airport.

Comment

wow, they've shut it down, the fuckwits. I guess everyone with a flight in the next two weeks, at some point today thought 'I'd better get fast track'. Booked it this morning, but must have been just in time.
                              It's probably shut down because it's booked out, it's not really fast track if they let 100s book it every hour
                              airport, lol

Comment

Not particularly. Apparently they let 1000 staff go during the pandemic under voluntary redundancy, rather than realising that airports would eventually reopen and they might actually need the staff. So, they literally did do it willingly. We need to get your local building merchants in to run the airport.
                                They'd have flights barely touching the ground before being up again.

The sad thing is that their level of customer service should be the norm, not the exception.

Although you'll be pleased to hear that the builders who swore blind they'd get back to me last week never did. So normal service continues.

Comment

The couple of times I've been through the airport lately were like clockwork. I'm giving Eamo the benfit of the doubt here.

Comment

Had to let a certain % go on voluntary redundancy when losing loads during covid , the 1000 hitch us quoting wouldn't all be from security.

Things bounce back and you need all those staff back and they just get them back quick enough. Even if companies all over weren't struggling to get entry level staff, the airport Security staff need to be trained and Garda vetted along with additional background checks that came in recently. It's taking months to recruit people. Plus 4am starts at airport probably not so attractive when all sorts of places are looking for staff.

Covid absences on top of course not helping.

airport, lol

Comment

But isn't that why most companies furloughed staff rather than letting them go. To make it easier to bring them back when things kicked up again.

Comment

According to someone I'm flying with next week, you can still book FastTrack through the Ryanair app.

Comment

Booked an NCT for the car (That barely moves these days)
                                          and got in well early, a month in advance.

First date available was July 11th!!!
                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

It's probably shut down because it's booked out, it's not really fast track if they let 100s book it every hour
                                            It looks more like they've suspended it? I looked up some odd times, just out of interest, and they were all sold out. But yep, now that I have my own FastTrack I'm delighted that ye are shutting down the hoardes.

I would imagine also some of the current stories relate primarily to peak times, and things are grand enough at non-peak times.

Comment

Booked an NCT for the car (That barely moves these days)
                                              and got in well early, a month in advance.

First date available was July 11th!!!
                                              There's a trick to that. They release the new bookings at midnight, including all the cancels. So if you go online at midnight there are often much closer spots.

Comment

But isn't that why most companies furloughed staff rather than letting them go. To make it easier to bring them back when things kicked up again.
                                                I don't know the particulars, but they were losing 1m a day or something like that, the rest of us who stayed were down to 80% pay covered by twss. Not sure we're their hands forced from government with the redundancy, or if it was company decision. Of course it's easy to say now when things have bounced back what they should have done, but I don't envy their decision making at the time.

Would have been difficulties furloughing staff, as which do you furlough and which do you keep, the airport had to remain open during entire pandemic, it's not as simple as a bar that was closed for majority and you send all your staff home.
                                                airport, lol

Comment

It looks more like they've suspended it? I looked up some odd times, just out of interest, and they were all sold out. But yep, now that I have my own FastTrack I'm delighted that ye are shutting down the hoardes.

I would imagine also some of the current stories relate primarily to peak times, and things are grand enough at non-peak times.
                                                  No idea so, was only guessing.

Ah yeah peak times, it's been grand majority of the time midweek I've been in of late
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

...Have you ever said to yourself, "I'd love to enter the Aintree tipping comp but that Raoul is an Irish Chris Rock"?... Well now is your chance to have a Raoul free tipping competition (although he will still be punting his free money)... Entries are now open and limited to 47...

...From the creator of the failed super bowl competition and the massively unprofitable lotto syndicate comes the 2022 Aintree Tipping Comp... All of the below rules are unique, different and definitely not copied from Raouls' tipping comp... The roll of honour to date: 2015: Frossach romped home with €1,100 2016: The

Comment

Hitchhiker's Guide To... Cheers for the app tip. It worked a treat. The GT/Fast track site says it's temporarily suspended but will honour bookings made previously made and the cut off is today.

I'd imagine we should be fine and still be well early for a couple of pre-flight pints.

Comment

My second guess re fast track is that it's a commercial product ran by security staff, while they are under huge pressure and potentially being fined by CAR they may have told commercial to fuck off and they'll take the extra couple of lanes to ease the main queue. Not sure how that would work with the likes of aer lingus club members who have an entitlement to use it.
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

My second guess re fast track is that it's a commercial product ran by security staff, while they are under huge pressure and potentially being fined by CAR they may have told commercial to fuck off and they'll take the extra couple of lanes to ease the main queue. Not sure how that would work with the likes of aer lingus club members who have an entitlement to use it.
                                                          Yeah I said that to herself, we still need to be there plenty early as there's a good chance of binning fast track entirely if it's that manic.

Comment

Yeah I said that to herself, we still need to be there plenty early as there's a good chance of binning fast track entirely if it's that manic.
                                                            If they've taken the booking they'll honour it. It might be a slightly toned down FastTrack though, one lad manning the operation, maybe knock an hour off a multi-hour queue. During the manicness at the weekend it was 3 hours through regular security and 90 minutes through FastTrack.

Stansted was absolutely brutal when I was there a month or so ago. But then again UK airports are famously brutal. People breaking down in tears in the queue. Many many tears. I nearly broke down myself. Had to leg the entire trip after security in about 2 minutes, which was advised as a 15 minute walk. It would have been three minutes available for the sprint, except the numbchuck behind security argued with me about whether my toothbrush, which was in the bag with oversized toothpaste, was also now potentially infected with presumed explosives. I left her with the toothbrush eventually, carrying just a solid sense that the UK has many troubled decades ahead of it.

Remember in Manchester a few years ago, the security guard insisting I buy a €1 (well stg, but no pound sign on laptop) bag to house my tiny cigarette lighter, as liquids must be put in bags. Should have predicted brexit then.
                                                            Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 28-03-22, 21:27.

Comment

I remember Stansted security being absolute fuckwits too.

There was one guy who's job, it seemed, was to roar at people while queuing for security. If someone had their passport in their hands along with their boarding pass, he would go over and roar at them saying that it wasn't needed at this particular juncture and to put it away. If the person would remonstrate in any way he'd continue harassing them even to the point of physically taking the passport off them. Gobshite of the highest order.

Comment

How come when you fly to Stansted from Dublin you don't pass any passport control on the way out of Stansted?

Comment

Not a good sign to have radio silence tbh but what the lads DP/Micknail said is the case. There are levels of fuckedness here. The larger the business the more IT systems in play. Many of which need to "talk" to each constantly. This increases complexity when recovering systems and also trying to isolate/contain the threat.

Are you at home or being called to the office and then sent home?
                                                                  I'm at home in great health but due to sore throat im in limbo. Not sick enough to take a sick day but staff are in the offfice. Thinking of taking upaid leave till they sort it but want to see if I can help. Not sure they are up to much IT wise.

Comment

Are we not safe from shoe bombers at this stage? Is there ever any hope of rolling back some of the security? It's all a huge boost to airport retail to get people in early and milling around the shops.

Flying domestic when abroad is always a dream. Just show up when it's about to take off, and walk out the other end when you arrive.

Whatever the number of human years was lost to 9/11, we've lost 10000 x it with increased security.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                      How come when you fly to Stansted from Dublin you don't pass any passport control on the way out of Stansted?
                                                                      Common travel area. Jobs done in Dublin. Probably changes when there's a few brown people boarding in Dublin. Straight off and onto the tube when going into Gatwick.

Comment

There's a trick to that. They release the new bookings at midnight, including all the cancels. So if you go online at midnight there are often much closer spots.
                                                                        You little Daisy!
                                                                        Picked up a slot for this Thursday. Mint.
                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Something that I was thinking about the other day. I would really struggle to remember any online hands I've ever played. I probably played at least a million but they're essentially erased from my memory.

Comment

You little Daisy!
                                                                            Picked up a slot for this Thursday. Mint.
                                                                            If you like that, I've got some even better advice on how we should handle the Russia-Ukraine crisis that you've just got to hear ...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                              @HH, I made that Chicken parm dish for dinner, just the chicken, and turned out great...dont think i have ever grilled a chicken breast before !
                                                                              Went googling it last night and came across this Ramsay recipe for what looks to be an amazing, next level, chicken parmesan. Looks class.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                Something that I was thinking about the other day. I would really struggle to remember any online hands I've ever played. I probably played at least a million but they're essentially erased from my memory.
                                                                                Bar a few 'sliding doors' type hands, Id struggle to recall them. I don't think that's unusual. Most of it was near muscle memory at one stage.
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

If you like that, I've got some even better advice on how we should handle the Russia-Ukraine crisis that you've just got to hear ...
                                                                                  Poor Roman Abramovich got poisoned by Russian Hardliners during peace talks in Ukraine last week.
                                                                                  At least he is trying I guess.

In other related news, the Chelsea takeover bids are ongoing, with the bids needing to have a guaranteed future investment of 1Bn into the clubs infrastructure.
                                                                                  That's mighty.
                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

On this, watched Boiling Point last night, Stephen Graham...cracking actor.

All done with 1 camera and 1 take, outstanding !
                                                                                    Just watched this, it's astonishing, so stressful to watch!

Comment

Doing Best Man for IPBChamp this weekend. Anyonr know where id get a Will Smith lookalikey on short notice. Internet not very helpful. Only lad i can find is UK based.

Comment

Seems like this BA (Baracus) subvariant will have ripped through everyone by the end of May. Really is multiplying at quite the rate if my anecodotal evidence plus the public stats are anything to go by.

Comment

Seems like this BA (Baracus) subvariant will have ripped through everyone by the end of May. Really is multiplying at quite the rate if my anecodotal evidence plus the public stats are anything to go by.
                                                                                          Anything to be said for another booster Ted?
                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Just watched this, it's astonishing, so stressful to watch!
                                                                                            It was like watching uncut gems and 1917 combined. Neither of which I'd enjoyed. I had a strong urge to switch it off after 5 mins.

Comment

You won't believe these 10 things that could solve the crisis in Ukraine...

Comment

I'm doing it tonight. Can't line a gas grill with foil though, I'm guessing it won't matter.
                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Sawing railway sleepers with a wrecked old handsaw isn't as much fun as one might imagine.

Ready to go through. Just need to level set them in the ground a bit, bracket them all together and fill with earth. Will be about 35cm high from base. Note the beautifully smoothed to-be lawn in front.

Any glaring stupidities in my excellent plan? That wall could probably do with some painting.

20220329_124334_1.jpg

Comment

Sawing railway sleepers with a wrecked old handsaw isn't as much fun as one might imagine.

Ready to go through. Just need to level set them in the ground a bit, bracket them all together and fill with earth. Will be about 35cm high from base. Note the beautifully smoothed to-be lawn in front.

Any glaring stupidities in my excellent plan? That wall could probably do with some painting.

20220329_124334_1.jpg
                                                                                                    You got these?

They look great, I was just about to order them, just had a doubt about how to fill in the sides - it seems hard work in the answer.

We're painting our similar wall to add a bit of je-ne-sais-quoi to the feel of the garden, and then going to plant climbing flowers, so they will grow out of the raised beds.

Comment

You got these?

They look great, I was just about to order them, just had a doubt about how to fill in the sides - it seems hard work in the answer.

We're painting our similar wall to add a bit of je-ne-sais-quoi to the feel of the garden, and then going to plant climbing flowers, so they will grow out of the raised beds.
                                                                                                      Yes, climbing yokes seems to be the plan of our gardening fraternity here too. Once the lumbering handyman has done all the hard work obv.

That's 5 * 8 foot sleepers, with the fifth sawn into quarters to make the ends. So a 16ft long raised bed (why am I talking in feet, 4.8m) with 60cm width. Which will probably take more filling than I realise. Will order a big sack of topsoil from my favourite builders providers.

Comment

Maybe it's because I've just started reading The Last Empire that you recommended and I have communist countries on my mind, but the thought I had seeing that is that it looks like a Bulgarian amusement park.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I'm doing it tonight. Can't line a gas grill with foil though, I'm guessing it won't matter.
                                                                                                          Oh, it was the grill in the oven i used, broiler/salamander in kitchen terms.

The smell of warm feet wasnt the best though while it was cooking...

Add some lemon zest to the grated cheese and flatten the high spots so it cooks evenly.

PXL-20220328-165810222.jpg

PXL-20220328-165857105.jpg
                                                                                                          Last edited by oleras; 29-03-22, 12:50.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

So errr, anyone want to inform RDIII that he should offset the top row by 50%, much like the bricks in the wall behind the sleepers?
                                                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Yes, climbing yokes seems to be the plan of our gardening fraternity here too. Once the lumbering handyman has done all the hard work obv.

That's 5 * 8 foot sleepers, with the fifth sawn into quarters to make the ends. So a 16ft long raised bed (why am I talking in feet, 4.8m) with 60cm width. Which will probably take more filling than I realise. Will order a big sack of topsoil from my favourite builders providers.
                                                                                                              They'll have to come back from Dun Laoghaire first! I ordered topsoil, pebbles, sleepers, from them. Not quite sure how we will be able to charge the car, as there's only limited space in the back of the house that will be taken with with sacks of soil, but hopefully the wife will sort out that problem when I'm in France next week.
                                                                                                              Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 29-03-22, 13:23.

Comment

So errr, anyone want to inform RDIII that he should offset the top row by 50%, much like the bricks in the wall behind the sleepers?
                                                                                                                'Offset' you say....

I have no idea what that means.

Comment

They'll have to come back from Dun Laoghaire first! I ordered topsoil, pebbles, sleepers, from them. Not quite sure how we will be able to charge the car, as there's only limited space in the back, but hopefully the wife will sort out that problem when I'm in France next week.
                                                                                                                  Did you not get it delivered?

Comment

Grange Builders Providers brings me back, used to deal with them 20 years ago. Always found their trading name a bit strange. Who calls their company "Torpedo Construction"

Comment

Ah, the wonders of Google have suitably informed me. Offset, I shall.

Comment

Russians pulling back from Kyiv and Chernihiv.
                                                                                                                        Obviously because they are getting killed\blown up\ass-kicked at an industrial rate on those fronts and are down to the dregs of their army, but you have to love the spin being put on it:
                                                                                                                        "in order to “increase mutual trust".

Like anyone will ever trust a single word to come out of Russia ever again.

Comment

Will take abut 1150 litres to fill. Not sure if that's more or less than you were expecting. But will give you an idea of the size you need to buy.

Corner will be stronger is they are layed in alternate directions. To do that the 5th sleeper should have been cut in 500s and 700s. Could do 600s and 400s now.
                                                                                                                          Off set ome of the rows by half a sleeper as Micknail suggested, Will make the centre stronger.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X