This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
    Haven't got health insurance yet and haven't been to a Dr in over a decade but I reckon the time might be coming soon. My only requirement is a private room. I don't mind if they just leave me in there to croak so long as I don't have to share! That price seems crazily cheap. From my very cursory research is was coming in at 100 a month or so.
    Will you not be fucked from the levy due to not having health insurance until now?

Mini brag - mines 45 a month.
    I assume this gets me a bucket in a corner to sit on etc.

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

What is it that is going over my head?

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
        Leona Mcguire in the running for a major . Great achievement if she takes it down later.
        A few bogeys leave her three behind the leader. Meadow just bogeyed and is two behind the leader. Rose Zhang has an unreal shout ot pick up a major here, would be Tiger Woods type stuff after turning pro a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Yeah don't get the security code bit. Thou something to do with Ted

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Joe Rooney, Father Damo to Father Dougal, oasis or Blur wha

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Will you not be fucked from the levy due to not having health insurance until now?

Mini brag - mines 45 a month.
              I assume this gets me a bucket in a corner to sit on etc.
              No idea. Nothing comes up when I do an online quote anyway.

Comment

Going back further . Team Spandau Ballet.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

A few bogeys leave her three behind the leader. Meadow just bogeyed and is two behind the leader. Rose Zhang has an unreal shout ot pick up a major here, would be Tiger Woods type stuff after turning pro a month ago.
                  Been an Irish in golf the last 3 weeks. Some going tbf .

Comment

If you look after your vocals you csn sing beyond 60s . Problem is most dont. For guitarists , once you dont get arthritis you can shred till ya drop.
                    Elton 76 .

Comment

Elton John unbelievable tonight on Glastonbury
                      some showman

Comment

Team Elton.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

No idea. Nothing comes up when I do an online quote anyway.
                          No idea what age you are but its 2% extra per year over 35 i believe. I'm single at roughly 120 a month on what is probably a middle of the road "package"

We got a great thing thru work though whereby if something serious happened, we could upgrade to the requisite package that covers said serious illness for the original cost, even after it happened.

But maybe that was a thing anyway!

Comment

This is interesting on the health insurers. https://www.irishtimes.com/health/20...hanging-drugs/

tl;dr VHI gives access to mega-expensive drugs up to two years earlier than Laya and IrishLife. They give access immediately upon the drugs approval, while Laya and IrishLife wait until the drug is approved for HSE drug payment - often up to two years after drug approval. My aunt has Stage 4 lung cancer at the moment and is being treated with a brand new €250k a year drug that seems to be effective. You'd be sick as a dog to be dying and know that there's a drug out there that might save you if you'd picked the right health insurance company. Thats leaving aside the massive ethical unfairness that if you don't have health insurance at all then you'd also end up in that situation.
                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

That whole RTE thing, that seems to have the newspapers wetting themselves feels like a complete nothing-burger. It's just that there was a bonus scheme tied to generated ad revenue?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                This is interesting on the health insurers. https://www.irishtimes.com/health/20...hanging-drugs/

tl;dr VHI gives access to mega-expensive drugs up to two years earlier than Laya and IrishLife. They give access immediately upon the drugs approval, while Laya and IrishLife wait until the drug is approved for HSE drug payment - often up to two years after drug approval. My aunt has Stage 4 lung cancer at the moment and is being treated with a brand new €250k a year drug that seems to be effective. You'd be sick as a dog to be dying and know that there's a drug out there that might save you if you'd picked the right health insurance company. Thats leaving aside the massive ethical unfairness that if you don't have health insurance at all then you'd also end up in that situation.
                                That's really good food for thought, thanks for posting. At work we can choose between Laya & VHI and on the particular plan Laya is slightly better across most metrics (number of visits, % rebate, excess etc) but that's probably worth fairly little in terms of real money at the end of the day.

Comment

VHI also covered my son from the time he was born up until my renewal date free of charge. Now how much tangible benefit exists there, I’m not quite sure but it’s something they do that I don’t believe IrishLife or Laya cover.

I’ve been with all 3 providers over the past 5 years due to moving jobs, currently with IrishLife on the 4D Health 4 plan mentioned above.
                                  As Hitch said it’s a ridiculously comprehensive plan but quite expensive, just shy of 2K I think.
                                  Unfortunately my wife isn’t covered which bugs me given I feel it provides a lot of unnecessary extras such as 75% back on GP visits along with a lot of physical therapist/alternative therapy cover, 30e back on a mental well-being app among others.

I think the most balanced plan we’ve been on is the PMI 26 12 by VHI which was 1.3-1.4k.
                                  That’s the corporate variation so may be called something else purchasing privately. I’d prefer both of us covered on a less comprehensive plan if that was the trade off.

I purchased Precision 600 Connect by Laya a couple of years ago to keep up the continuity of care and avoid the 2% load if I had stayed and passed 35. That was under 700e but very basic.

Perhaps mentioned already but HIA has a reasonable comparison tool.

Comment

That whole RTE thing, that seems to have the newspapers wetting themselves feels like a complete nothing-burger. It's just that there was a bonus scheme tied to generated ad revenue?
                                    As far as I can tell, it looks more like good old incompetence rather than something sinister. Tubridy was entitled to the money but RTE fucked up their disclosure of same.
                                    Two thoughts:
                                    1. In what universe does this story get top billing over an attempted military coup in Russia? I know it's the silly season and we're a self-obsessed little country but FFS.
                                    2. It truly is hilarious to see RTE newscasters interviewing RTE journalists standing outside RTE pontificating about...RTE.
                                    Scrap the licence fee.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

So I parked my car in Maynooth (one of those ACOP) Car parks. It’s was roughly 8pm. The sign said pay on the APP and ONE day was 7 Euro. I rang the missus and she paid on the APP.
                                      I get back next day and It’s clamped. Apparently one day ends at midnight. However this was not signposted. It was ONE DAY for 7 euros. SO with taxi’s home on the night and the clamping it’s cost me 170 euros . Fuming is too small a word.

So in some of their car parks ONE day is 24 hours and in this one ONE Day ends at midnight, even if you park at 11.30 pm. This was nowhere so be seen in the cap park . SCAM.
                                      I’m thinking of bypassing the appeals process and going to the small claims court to highlight this practice of deception.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

As far as I can tell, it looks more like good old incompetence rather than something sinister. Tubridy was entitled to the money but RTE fucked up their disclosure of same.
                                        Two thoughts:
                                        1. In what universe does this story get top billing over an attempted military coup in Russia? I know it's the silly season and we're a self-obsessed little country but FFS.
                                        2. It truly is hilarious to see RTE newscasters interviewing RTE journalists standing outside RTE pontificating about...RTE.
                                        Scrap the licence fee.
                                        Hearing former Midlands Correspondent Ciaran Mullooly absolutely Tee Off on the board, former board and the state of all things RTE was good. It's an internal issue first and foremost and it's after rotting from the inside. That is an absolute mess in there and a full cleanout needed. I'd hate to work there.

As for the people who are acting as wannabe Journalists, frothing at the mouth, pushing 10 tweets out an hour since last Thursday. They'd want to have a serious look at themselves. Sickos

License fee is completely untenable.

Comment

The timing is weirdly suspect. Wasn't yer wan due to step down mid july anyway?
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Joe Rooney, Father Damo to Father Dougal, oasis or Blur wha
                                            Yeah at the gig I remembered I had his number from years ago.

Comment

[/LIST]Scrap the licence fee.
                                              How does it work if you don't pay?

Is the end result still an afternoon in the Joy?

Comment

Gtfo
                                                i don’t care as long as it costs Tubridy his job- that lad seems to feel “entitled “ to a lot of things- the biggest phoney in Irish public life- hiding behind the toy show and sick kids for a long time
                                                Last edited by MysteryGuest; 26-06-23, 10:27.
                                                Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Fuck Ticketmaster, €252.60 for 2 ticket to Mark Normand in Liberty Hall....Time to take a stand, wont be paying that, thats Bert and Tom money.
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

You are made watch 3 episodes of FAIR CITY back to back and sit in the Audience of the Late Late Show country episode .

Comment

10,000 people got taken to court over it last year.
                                                      it’s the only tax that really makes me grind my teeth when paying it- got away without paying for years but not an option anymore unfortunately
                                                      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

RTE, burn it to the ground, politicians stressing how important it is to have a national broadcaster, do they still think we live in the '60s ? Trustful organization me hole, sell it off.

IMO they are screwed and they know it, so many people, me included will not be renewing their license fee, the very fact they wont publicly state how many dont have a license is a joke in itself.

This hangover is making me very upset today...good thing i dont have any important decisions to make...
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Great story in the Indo today by some prick. Goes along the lines of: I was creeping outside Dee Forbes private home and someone told me to fuck off. Send.it.to.the.printers.

Comment

Putting some sort of entertainment fee into local tax would be a lot handier tbh. Needs to be an independent income stream though rather than general taxation as otherwise there isn't sufficient independence of media, as the media would be directly reliant on pleasing politicians. Think that's a core democratic principle.

Comment

Had my work summer party Saturday. Quite a boozy all day event down in Trim so was slightly fragile on Sunday.

My mate was over from Paris so the plan was meet up Sunday afternoon in Dublin but that got changed to a friends house in the back arse of nowhere in Kildare. I didn't mind as it was only a 40 minute spin from Trim.

I didn't want to turn up to the house empty handed but there was very slim pickings of options, especially as my friend who was hosting is a celiac. I came across a 'Food Store' in some one street town and headed in. I didn't take off my (prescription) shades in my hungover state and was getting weird looks as the shop was a bit dark and dingy so took them off inside which means I am basically blind. I was quite surprised to see a range of gluten free cakes, Rocky Road, Cookies, etc - all sorts. Picked up two packets and went on my way,

It was only when I got to my friends house that I looked at them again (with glasses on) and discovered they actually said 'Guilt Free' instead of 'Gluten Free' on the packaging and they were some sort of low calorie cakes. So not only could the intended recipient not eat them, but I essentially called them a fat fucker in the process

Comment

That's good to know, and honestly something worth switching over, as realistically what do I want health irsurance for, things like that.
                                                                I've been on that 4Dx plan for years and befit X before that, on 4D2 now as they extra D's just seem a waste of BIK money, even the 2 are arguable. Gf is on it too, what's with everybody pushing that one. Price has steadily increased for all of them each year with coverage for stupid thing slike reiki included instead of more useful things for people like let's say proper mental health treatment (who they also only use a very certain list of people for etc), and of course no dental cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                  Had my work summer party Saturday. Quite a boozy all day event down in Trim so was slightly fragile on Sunday.

My mate was over from Paris so the plan was meet up Sunday afternoon in Dublin but that got changed to a friends house in the back arse of nowhere in Kildare. I didn't mind as it was only a 40 minute spin from Trim.

I didn't want to turn up to the house empty handed but there was very slim pickings of options, especially as my friend who was hosting is a celiac. I came across a 'Food Store' in some one street town and headed in. I didn't take off my (prescription) shades in my hungover state and was getting weird looks as the shop was a bit dark and dingy so took them off inside which means I am basically blind. I was quite surprised to see a range of gluten free cakes, Rocky Road, Cookies, etc - all sorts. Picked up two packets and went on my way,

It was only when I got to my friends house that I looked at them again (with glasses on) and discovered they actually said 'Guilt Free' instead of 'Gluten Free' on the packaging and they were some sort of low calorie cakes. So not only could the intended recipient not eat them, but I essentially called them a fat fucker in the process
                                                                  Did you at least go home with the right clothes this time from said parties?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                    Fuck Ticketmaster, €252.60 for 2 ticket to Mark Normand in Liberty Hall....Time to take a stand, wont be paying that, thats Bert and Tom money.
                                                                    That's insane. The tickets for his London show are £36.50
                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Faaacking hell
                                                                      Quote from endodontist Consultation €150
                                                                      Root canal on molar €950
                                                                      Crown €1050

Prob needs some filling as well which I didn't ask about

Is this normal or pricey
                                                                      NB
                                                                      It's a molar so has more roots hence endodontist required.
                                                                      A general dentist might be able to do it but there's a higher failure rate

Last edited by dinekes; 26-06-23, 15:06.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                        RTE, burn it to the ground, politicians stressing how important it is to have a national broadcaster, do they still think we live in the '60s ? Trustful organization me hole, sell it off.

IMO they are screwed and they know it, so many people, me included will not be renewing their license fee, the very fact they wont publicly state how many dont have a license is a joke in itself.

This hangover is making me very upset today...good thing i dont have any important decisions to make...
                                                                        I don't even have a TV (use phone for Netflix)

​​​​​Didn't know you were supposed to fill out a declaration saying so, to avoid TV licence inspectors annoying you. Ask my proletariat bollox if they think I'm going to fill out their stupid form to say I don't have something.

Should I fill out a form saying I don't have a dog and therefore don't need a dog licence or a gun for that matter.

They can stand on their own 2 feet or FO

​​

Comment

I suppose I could just get the tooth reefed out Probably a bad option though if it could be saved

over €2k though for 1 faaacking tooth

Grumpy now
                                                                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                            Faaacking hell
                                                                            Root canal on molar €950
                                                                            Crown €1050

Is this normal or pricey

Why do you think people go up North or out to Turkey/Hungary
                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Why do you think people go up North or out to Turkey/Hungary
                                                                              Wouldn't fancy Turkey or Hungary. Wasn't there a few deaths recently?
                                                                              Up North might be an option but you would have 2 trips most likely

Oh I dunno
                                                                              Reef the fucker out with some string and a door!

Comment

Faaacking hell
                                                                                Root canal on molar €950
                                                                                Crown €1050

Is this normal or pricey
                                                                                NB

You could get a VIP ticket to Mark Normand for that kind of money.

Comment

Faaacking hell
                                                                                  Root canal on molar €950
                                                                                  Crown €1050

Is this normal or pricey
                                                                                  NB

Guessing no dental insurance?

No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Guessing no dental insurance?
                                                                                    The only insurance I have is car
                                                                                    ​

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

That's insane. The tickets for his London show are £36.50
                                                                                      Good chance venue will change, so will hold out.

I think they even had €140 tickets !

PXL-20230626-101437441.jpg
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

You could get a VIP ticket to Mark Normand for that kind of money.
                                                                                        If he does root canals as a side gig might give it a go!

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Did you at least go home with the right clothes this time from said parties?
                                                                                          All clothes worn to/from the event have been confirmed as my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

All clothes worn to/from the event have been confirmed as my own.
                                                                                            Successful outing all round then, the rest are just minor snafus.

Comment

The whole Health Service/Health Insurance seems very ad hoc and chaotic.

Was in for 10 days with my leg and never got asked anything about insurance.

Aul Lad did 20 radiation treatments which were free with the medical card yet he got charged an eye watering amount to his LAYA Plan.

Never did understand it tbh

Comment

Black Books style when Bernard had a sore tooth but didn't want to go to the dentist and was looking to get punched to knock it out...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                  The whole Health Service/Health Insurance seems very ad hoc and chaotic.

Was in for 10 days with my leg and never got asked anything about insurance.

Aul Lad did 20 radiation treatments which were free with the medical card yet he got charged an eye watering amount to his LAYA Plan.

Never did understand it tbh
                                                                                                  I took care of that. I never forget a button fold . Cheers .

Comment

Love this lassie

Comment

Putin has never looked so weak. That appearance last night was Ceaucescu on the balcony-esque.

No idea how it plays out though.

Comment

Putin has never looked so weak. That appearance last night was Ceaucescu on the balcony-esque.

No idea how it plays out though.
                                                                                                        Probably not with him at the end of a gibbet any time soon unfortunately. Even if Putin was removed, it'd be another Russian strong man type in place soon after anyway, russians wouldn't accept anything less really. I'm a massive authority on Russia, having never been, and barely met anyone from there.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Probably not with him at the end of a gibbet any time soon unfortunately. Even if Putin was removed, it'd be another Russian strong man type in place soon after anyway, russians wouldn't accept anything less really. I'm a massive authority on Russia, having never been, and barely met anyone from there.
                                                                                                          It's certainly not a good look for a dictator to have a mutiny in one of the key branches of his armed forces, and then, instead of mercilessly crushing it, say 'lol, we'll call it quits if you just head off quietly to Belarus. Or join the regular army. Whatever, it's all good and part of the plan.'

Comment

Thanks for the Mr. Inbetween recommendations. Top show.
                                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

finished the bear season 2 yesterday. another great season. fantastic little show

Comment

It's certainly not a good look for a dictator to have a mutiny in one of the key branches of his armed forces, and then, instead of mercilessly crushing it, say 'lol, we'll call it quits if you just head off quietly to Belarus. Or join the regular army. Whatever, it's all good and part of the plan.'
                                                                                                                Although there was a Brit general on Sky News two days ago saying it might all be a ruse to install Prizygin (sic) in Belarus within striking distance of Kyiv. I highly doubt that tbh, but I also suspect that assuming the best possible outcome (Russia collapsing, Mother Teresa ascending to the Moscow throne) is highly likely to disappoint.

Comment

Although there was a Brit general on Sky News two days ago saying it might all be a ruse to install Prizygin (sic) in Belarus within striking distance of Kyiv. I highly doubt that tbh, but I also suspect that assuming the best possible outcome (Russia collapsing, Mother Teresa ascending to the Moscow throne) is highly likely to disappoint.
                                                                                                                  That's a nonsense interpretation. Putin's power resides in his absolute control (or, more correctly, the image of absolute control that he has carefully cultivated for over 20 years). That image was badly damaged last weekend.

I have no idea what happens next but defeat on the battlefields of Ukraine, which has been ongoing since 24-Feb-2022 will surely bring 'it' closer.

Comment

There's been a month of counteroffensive so far and they've got a few villages. Nothing is going to happen with the counteroffensive

Comment

Although there was a Brit general on Sky News two days ago saying it might all be a ruse to install Prizygin (sic) in Belarus within striking distance of Kyiv.
                                                                                                                      Seems like if this was the case he could have just sent Wagner to Belarus (like he has to countless other countries in Africa) and not have the whole mutiny optics thing.
                                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

There's been a month of counteroffensive so far and they've got a few villages. Nothing is going to happen with the counteroffensive
                                                                                                                        You keep telling yourself that.

After D-Day, it took 6 weeks until the Allies broke out of the Normandy beachhead....the Ukrainians will keep gradually destroying the Russian defences until the weak spots are apparent. And then, collapse. Just like last autumn.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                          finished the bear season 2 yesterday. another great season. fantastic little show
                                                                                                                          I may have foolishly started Beef instead of launching into season two of The Bear.
                                                                                                                          Strong vibes of possible regret already.
                                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X