This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

It's the biggest lingerie section in ireland I understand.
    Live updates from Hitch.....
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Looks to be a full-on coup attempt but hard to see how Wagner could seize the required power centres.

Hopefully the nukes are well locked down.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Looks to be a full-on coup attempt but hard to see how Wagner could seize the required power centres.

Didn't they move a load of nukes to Belarus about 10 days ago?

Last edited by ComradeCollie; 23-06-23, 22:08.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
          Might head down and play this €100 yoke in the Regency at 7 and then lose and come home at 9 and regret it.
          A complete and utter crapshoot. But a lot of fun. I bagged 359k on Wednesday to come back to on Sunday. Top 9 went through and in the money. Was all in or fold from around 30 left. Ran well from that point obvs. Got big hands at the right time and was able to take on the short stacks.

GL if you play it. Either of tomorrow's flights would be the ones to hit cos they'll have the most players.

Comment

I know companies need to make a profit but pharmacies up selling to you really pisses me off.
            Was back at there after work to pick up my prescription and there were at least 10 staff behind the counter all yapping away to each other. The manager threw her arms up in the air as I approached the counter in a kind of giddy expansive gesture saying "you have your pick today" (of staff)

Now I'm.all for expansive gestures and having a laugh but my tooth was fucking hurting after the dentist poking at it
            Dentist session went something like this .. "Hurt here"
            No
            "Here"
            No
            "Here"
            Legs shooting into the air
            "Sorry"
            "Nnnnnmmmhhh"

So I wasn't in the mood for frivolities just wanted my fucking drugs

Had to give my name 3 times with the noise of the yapping going on behind the counter. Sneaky suspicion they had been at the opiates the lucky bastards

Then she started trying to upsell anti diarrhoea tablets for fucks sake. Real puss on her when I said just the prescription thanks.

Can just see them foisting some crap on to some old one.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

A complete and utter crapshoot. But a lot of fun. I bagged 359k on Wednesday to come back to on Sunday. Top 9 went through and in the money. Was all in or fold from around 30 left. Ran well from that point obvs. Got big hands at the right time and was able to take on the short stacks.

GL if you play it. Either of tomorrow's flights would be the ones to hit cos they'll have the most players.
              109 in tonight. Napkins all night and then AA<QJs AIPF for an average stack with 26 left and 13 paid and into day 2.
              I dunno how you do it...People talking the same shite they were 15 years ago. Painful. Amazing how the standard has changed so much online and not improved one iota in live events like that!

Comment

omfg. Now *this* is a twist.
                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Having a chat with the son the other day. He goes 'that man is breaking the law (he's a trainee snitch obv) - he's not wearing a top'. To which I say, no, it's only against the law for women not to wear tops. He goes why and then I do the classic parenting mumbling and say that women aren't allowed to show their breasts and turn up the car music louder to drown out any follow-on questions. It did sound like a fairly odd law when said out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

omfg. Now *this* is a twist.
                    They claim to have 'taken' Rostov, which is bigger than Dublin. Putin locked down in his fuhrer bunker.

Wonder how the poor mobiks at the front are feeling?

Comment

Not a good look for Mad Vladz Ladz

Comment

Well, yes

Comment

It's not a coup though Putin
                          it's a special military operation

Comment

We could be seeing an epic real-life slice of history happening before us.

Comment

Tubsidy- noun - : a sum of money paid by a public body, off the books, to an employee, without the knowledge of said employee

Comment

Wagner eh.

Comment

109 in tonight. Napkins all night and then AA<QJs AIPF for an average stack with 26 left and 13 paid and into day 2.
                                  I dunno how you do it...People talking the same shite they were 15 years ago. Painful. Amazing how the standard has changed so much online and not improved one iota in live events like that!

Comment

Nazis killing Nazis. Glorious.

Comment

Nazis blowing up their own oil refineries. A beautiful sight.

Comment

I'm in the gym watching the news and Argos closing, Artic Monkeys playing Glastonbury, are leading ahead of civil war in Russia.

"What was it like to live through history"

Same as every other day it seems

Comment

Upsetting reading for misery guest
                                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                            Upsetting reading for misery guest
                                            He forgot to introduce her to the goat in the players lounge- fairly passive aggressive behaviour tbh
                                            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Fantastic to see Tubridy finally get somewhat of a comeuppance- shame we don’t have a proper gutter press to go to town on him - I’d say he’s nasty enough behind the scenes- not fit to lace pat Kenny’s boots
                                              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Is it immature to hope Zuck gets a brain injury in the fight with musk if it happens? hitch posted some nonsense about how great he is a few weeks ago

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I'm in the gym watching the news and Argos closing, Artic Monkeys playing Glastonbury, are leading ahead of civil war in Russia.

"What was it like to live through history"

Same as every other day it seems
                                                  Keep watching, looks like Wagner will be in Moscow soon where hopefully they all kill each other.

Imagine there will be serious movement on the Ukrainian frontlines too. I talked about the possibility of mass collapse a few days ago, didn't think it would happen this fast.
                                                  Should have got Hitch to give me odds.

Comment

Having a chat with the son the other day. He goes 'that man is breaking the law (he's a trainee snitch obv) - he's not wearing a top'. To which I say, no, it's only against the law for women not to wear tops. He goes why and then I do the classic parenting mumbling and say that women aren't allowed to show their breasts and turn up the car music louder to drown out any follow-on questions. It did sound like a fairly odd law when said out loud.
                                                    Of all your crazy ideas i fully support you in your attempt in changing this law.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                      Fantastic to see Tubridy finally get somewhat of a comeuppance- shame we don’t have a proper gutter press to go to town on him - I’d say he’s nasty enough behind the scenes- not fit to lace pat Kenny’s boots
                                                      I fail to see what he really did wrong. Regardless of whether you think he was overpaid or not, he seemingly got paid what he was due. I guess he knew that RTE were telling porkies about what he was getting paid but was it up to him to correct them? Not really in my book.

Comment

Currently 600km into the 400km drive to the campsite in Brittany. A slight mishap of not realizing the campsite name we entered has a twin in Lyon. I partially blame the cars TomTom stupid navigation system for not showing the end destination.

Comment

Currently 600km into the 400km drive to the campsite in Brittany. A slight mishap of not realizing the campsite name we entered has a twin in Lyon. I partially blame the cars TomTom stupid navigation system for not showing the end destination.
                                                          There's a thing in piloting called 'gross error checking' to avoid exactly that type of thing happening. You need to get a laminated holiday checklist for the car.

Comment

GAA Go is fairly shite, sppedtest showing loads of bandwith but the stream is pisspoor.

Edit: Stream wasn't as shite as the referee. Cruel to be knocked out by that kind of incompetence.
                                                            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 24-06-23, 17:24.
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Wagner turning around. Well that's disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                GAA Go is fairly shite, sppedtest showing loads of bandwith but the stream is pisspoor.

Edit: Stream wasn't as shite as the referee. Cruel to be knocked out by that kind of incompetence.
                                                                Stream was bad here as well. The ref had a hilarious set against Neil Flynn in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                  Wagner turning around. Well that's disappointing.
                                                                  Certainly been a wild 24 hours. Whatever that was, it's not over.
                                                                  I hope Ukraine take full advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                    I'd kinda assumed that a chunk of his pay was kept off the books because it went directly to his cocaine dealer. Was it just to pretend that he was getting paid less?

Comment

Certainly been a wild 24 hours. Whatever that was, it's not over.
                                                                      I hope Ukraine take full advantage.
                                                                      If I was Putin I'd want to execute Prigozhin in person, and have it exclusively on TikTok.

Comment

Lol. Do it in Belarus, I don't want it to look messy

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

If I was Putin I'd want to execute Prigozhin in person, and have it exclusively on TikTok.
                                                                          One thing is for sure; in a dictatorship built on fear and coercion, Putin now looks weak. And that can have fatal consequences.

Comment

One thing is for sure; in a dictatorship built on fear and coercion, Putin now looks weak. And that can have fatal consequences.
                                                                            Yup weak is the word. And the worst way to be seen by Russians.

Comment

Still amased at the Dublin Pride photoshopping the trans stuff into a protest from 1983

Comment

GnR sound man getting the sack after this shambles

Comment

GnR sound man getting the sack after this shambles
                                                                                  Wat? This is class- axle voice isn’t up to scratch but he’s 63 band is amazing
                                                                                  shitting on Macca’s snooze fest from last year- audience losing their shit because an 80 year old was able to get out of bed
                                                                                  this is a good watch
                                                                                  Last edited by MysteryGuest; 24-06-23, 22:48.

Comment

Levels on vocals were all over the shop for the first half but in actuality his voice is shot. Band are amazing.

Comment

Blur was savage. 10 from the front. Right in the middle. Sound amazing. They played sing which was the highlight for me. Home to watch Fatboy wreck the gaff in Glastonbury.
                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

If ye were TikToking like normal people ye would be long aware that fat-Axel is a meme. The man is an atrocity.

Comment

Don't know if anyone is interested, but we switched to Irish Life 4D4 health insurance plan about a year ago due to the wife getting it from work and it's a ridic good plan. Previously with Laya who were brutal, despite being approx the same cost - €360 for two adults, two children. 75% back on consultant charges being the big win, as there tends to be consultants all over the place with kids, no matter how generally healthy they are. Wife had some sort of neck 'twang' the other day and was same day seen by one of their physiotherapists. Can't remember much about VHI, so maybe they are decent also, but there was almost nothing with Laya.

Comment

Haven't got health insurance yet and haven't been to a Dr in over a decade but I reckon the time might be coming soon. My only requirement is a private room. I don't mind if they just leave me in there to croak so long as I don't have to share! That price seems crazily cheap. From my very cursory research is was coming in at 100 a month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                              Blur was savage. 10 from the front. Right in the middle. Sound amazing. They played sing which was the highlight for me. Home to watch Fatboy wreck the gaff in Glastonbury.
                                                                                              Ha I was probably beside you.

Yeah it was brilliant. He's such a front man.

Comment

He looked fucked walking on but gave an amazing performance. Surprised how well his voice has held up over the years.
                                                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Haven't got health insurance yet and haven't been to a Dr in over a decade but I reckon the time might be coming soon. My only requirement is a private room. I don't mind if they just leave me in there to croak so long as I don't have to share! That price seems crazily cheap. From my very cursory research is was coming in at 100 a month or so.
                                                                                                  That's €360 a month, not €360 a year! But presumably your wife gets private insurance, no?

All the insurances in Ireland seem too cheap tbh. It was about €1500 a month in France (€1000 employer contribution and about €300 personal contribution after tax credits). Not sure how they are able to provide decent services in Ireland on €360 gross.

Comment

Holy jaysus that's a lot of notes. For 4k a year I might risk sharing a room! Her and kids have insurance alright. They've not been to a doc in 6-7 years I'd say. People look at me in disbelief when I say I've never been to Temple St. Hoping I don't take a solid BBVing now.

Comment

That's €360 a month, not €360 a year! But presumably your wife gets private insurance, no?

All the insurances in Ireland seem too cheap tbh. It was about €1500 a month in France (€1000 employer contribution and about €300 personal contribution after tax credits). Not sure how they are able to provide decent services in Ireland on €360 gross.
                                                                                                      10% of the average industrial wage doesn't sound too cheap to me for something that might happen.

Comment

Pretty much tossed out all of our old furniture (that was trashed by kids/dog) and our carpenter/joiner dude is working his way through the place building us wardrobes, presses, bookcases etc. Probably the best tradesperson I've ever had do stuff for us.

New ambition in life: never construct another piece of Ikea furniture, ever.

Comment

If you look after your vocals you csn sing beyond 60s . Problem is most dont. For guitarists , once you dont get arthritis you can shred till ya drop.

Comment

Team Blur here.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

10% of the average industrial wage doesn't sound too cheap to me for something that might happen.
                                                                                                              it's usually part of salary package, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Team Blur here.

Comment

Still have to pay BIK.

Comment

Still have to pay BIK.
                                                                                                                    Haven't really worked it out, but is it not just BIK for the bit that's above a certain amount?

Comment

It all depends on where you work. Some might get it included. I get a contribution towards it (50/50 roughly). But alot get no contribution i’d say.

Comment

Leona Mcguire in the running for a major . Great achievement if she takes it down later.

Comment

Haven't really worked it out, but is it not just BIK for the bit that's above a certain amount?
                                                                                                                          Most packages just discount the cost by the amount of the tax credit. Employer pays, then you pay BIK at 52%.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X