X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who here was cutting their neighbours Ivy recently

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      The whole Health Service/Health Insurance seems very ad hoc and chaotic.

Was in for 10 days with my leg and never got asked anything about insurance.

Aul Lad did 20 radiation treatments which were free with the medical card yet he got charged an eye watering amount to his LAYA Plan.

Never did understand it tbh
      The health insurance companies have even said as much as do not tell the hospital you have insurance in some situations. Eg going to A&E or some minor procedures that can be taken care of for a small charge as a public patient ( I think it's <€150). Then claim back on your insurance afterwards. The HSE would invoice the same procedure with 3-400% markup once you declared insurance cover.

On the other side of the coin with insurance, I've had some successes. I've gotten wisdom teeth extracted under full sedation in 1-2 weeks' notice that weren't covered publicly. I also got an MRI on my knee with no excess charge with 24 hours' notice. Various physio appointments, GP cash back and other perks/claims too. Last year has been the only time I paid directly for insurance. Otherwise, I've been lucky to have it from an employer for a long time.

My ex also got a fast diagnosis of a brain tumour because her policy covered various scans and consultants. Her GP referred her to an ENT consultant for minor-ish symptoms and she got flagged during scanning. Was through Beaumont less than a month later for an operation and has been in good health since. I've no idea what would happen or when she'd find out if stuck on a public ENT list.

Ireland is by no means perfect for its health service nor is it the worst out there but health insurance is one of the last things that I'd be cutting from my budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
        Who here was cutting their neighbours Ivy recently

She's on a tiled patio, not exactly sure if the ivy was rooted on her side to begin with?
        Kinda looks like it was the neighbours to begin with, had grown over the wall, and then when the neighbour removed on their side it came away as one big clump?

Cheeky with the flag being retied though.
        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

She's on a tiled patio, not exactly sure if the ivy was rooted on her side to begin with?
          Kinda looks like it was the neighbours to begin with, had grown over the wall, and then when the neighbour removed on their side it came away as one big clump?

Cheeky with the flag being retied though.
          Looks like her plants are either on supersonic fertilisers or else they gave her some new ones
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Looks like her plants are either on supersonic fertilisers or else they gave her some new ones
            I suspect that it was a picture she had from years ago, not just one she randomly took of that area just before she went to glastonbury on the off chance someone would remove the ivy while she was gone.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

I suspect that it was a picture she had from years ago, not just one she randomly took of that area just before she went to glastonbury on the off chance someone would remove the ivy while she was gone.
              Allow me my dreams 5star.

Comment

Related to the above. The house we bought backs onto an unused overgrown patch of land that isn't easily accessible. There's ivy growing up our back wall and onto a bit of fencing on the top of it.
                It's enough of the hassle that we wouldn't mind it gone but to fully deal with it from the other side would be a massive job.
                Land is privately owned (pretty sure by a neighbour but the houses either side of us are rentals so would be another neighbour.)
                Something to contact the council about or seek out the land owner?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                  Related to the above. The house we bought backs onto an unused overgrown patch of land that isn't easily accessible. There's ivy growing up our back wall and onto a bit of fencing on the top of it.
                  It's enough of the hassle that we wouldn't mind it gone but to fully deal with it from the other side would be a massive job.
                  Land is privately owned (pretty sure by a neighbour but the houses either side of us are rentals so would be another neighbour.)
                  Just cut it as far down as you can easily access while not removing it fully. Claim ignorance of anyone's ownership in the extremely unlikely event it ever becomes an issue.

Comment

Roundup the fuck out of it.
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

I'd 100% be throwing the ivy you don't want into that patch of ground.
                      I've heard it comes off in one big mat
                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Roundup the fuck out of it.
                        This.

Better still hop over the wall and cut everything back yourself. If you don't do something with the growth on the farside of the wall it will eventually come down. People greatly underestimate how strong and powerful unchecked wild growth is.
                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 27-06-23, 17:50.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Just doing Garda Vetting for a new job. Have been Garda vetted 4 times in the last 8 years between jobs and some voluntary stuff I do..Always feel like some sort of transient when filling it in. 14 different addresses, 5 different countries (6 if you count UK) in my 35..nearly 36 years on this planet.
                          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                            Just doing Garda Vetting for a new job. Have been Garda vetted 4 times in the last 8 years between jobs and some voluntary stuff I do..Always feel like some sort of transient when filling it in. 14 different addresses, 5 different countries (6 if you count UK) in my 35..nearly 36 years on this planet.
                            I coached kids sport for the last 9 years, was asked to get Garda vetted each season and just politely ignored it.
                            Not a word ever said.

Comment

I had Pat Mustard down as being near 60.
                              Anyone else?!
                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

This feels significant. The Chinese are hardly going to make off the cuff remarks about Ukraine.

Comment

Well lookie here Sargent Pat. Computer saying this kunt ran and illegal speakeasy during Covid...
                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Although the fact his name is Fu Cong makes me believe something is amiss.

Comment

Don't have anymore than a smidgen of sympathy for Turgidy but the coverage of this story is way OTT and completely missing the two key points.

Its a commercial arrangement that paid dividends for RTE, if it didn't they would not have paid it. It is not a testable proposition but the fact is that people are thick, thick people watch the high profile talent , advertisers will pay to target those viewers.

There is an unhealthy obsession with what people in leadership and talent positions earn that is built on envy and ignorance and as a result we get the kind of politicians who wouldn't be capable doing a real job q.v. the bunch oif illiterate inarticulate wheelie bins that SF rolled out in the last election.
                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 27-06-23, 21:47.

Comment

Currently watching Billy The Kid TV show, while a perfectly fine mid week wine, what stands out is when they make the Dylan biopic... That's the guy!
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

War on drugs were amazing tonight. Trinity turned out to be a cracking venue.

Had a little bonus of ending up beside Liam Ó Maonlaí for the entire gig. Chatting and dancing with him. Such a beautiful human.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            Don't have anymore than a smidgen of sympathy for Turgidy but the coverage of this story is way OTT and completely missing the two key points.

Its a commercial arrangement that paid dividends for RTE, if it didn't they would not have paid it. It is not a testable proposition but the fact is that people are thick, thick people watch the high profile talent , advertisers will pay to target those viewers.

There is an unhealthy obsession with what people in leadership and talent positions earn that is built on envy and ignorance and as a result we get the kind of politicians who wouldn't be capable doing a real job q.v. the bunch oif illiterate inarticulate wheelie bins that SF rolled out in the last election.
                                            Up the Ra
                                            no sorry Up the Rte

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                              War on drugs were amazing tonight. Trinity turned out to be a cracking venue.

Had a little bonus of ending up beside Liam Ó Maonlaí for the entire gig. Chatting and dancing with him. Such a beautiful human.
                                              it’ll be a while before AI tops that- some gig and they are at a stage where they can leave one of their best songs off the set list and you can’t even be mad(ocean )
                                              Thought that was you ,Was 20 feet behind maonlai and thought I recognised you from pics on here- stuck to my don’t meet your hero’s policy (plus my don’t introduce myself to people from degen internet forums while out with the missus policy)
                                              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

it’ll be a while before AI tops that- some gig and they are at a stage where they can leave one of their best songs off the set list and you can’t even be mad(ocean )
                                                Thought that was you ,Was 20 feet behind maonlai and thought I recognised you from pics on here- stuck to my don’t meet your hero’s policy (plus my don’t introduce myself to people from degen internet forums while out with the missus policy)
                                                Shame. The two of ye coulda bonded over Dublin football.
                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

These guys playing national stadium November - don’t know what that’s like as a venue but will be all over it

Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Cmon man there’s very good reasons why the coverage of this is OTT because it’s Tubridy- it’s like they got Capone on tax evasion- finally getting this smarmy bootlicking nepo baby on slightly trumped up charges who cares? It’s clear there is no sympathy from the grunts in RTE - there’s a reason for that

Comment

Do we still have a man on the inside for RTE.
                                                      newbie2
                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

Haha, no way!!

Funny, I spent a bit of time early on looking at lads thinking 'wonder is that PSV'

They were phenomenal, they were genuinely enjoying themselves which was key to that. Adam was on some buzz.

Did you catch the name of that podcast he mentioned? Hosted by the roadie in the green hat, Dominic.

Haven't googled yet, am sure I'll find it.
                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Haha, no way!!

Funny, I spent a bit of time early on looking at lads thinking 'wonder is that PSV'

They were phenomenal, they were genuinely enjoying themselves which was key to that. Adam was on some buzz.

Did you catch the name of that podcast he mentioned? Hosted by the roadie in the green hat, Dominic.

Haven't googled yet, am sure I'll find it.
                                                          Super high quality Podcast is the name of it.
                                                          yeah think that’s the best I’ve seen them- though think being that close to the stage helped- crowd were really up for it too- trinity a pretty cool venue

Comment

Two weeks now waiting for AIB to reverse a disputed transaction on the card. Not a dicky bird from them. They really are brutal.
                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                              Two weeks now waiting for AIB to reverse a disputed transaction on the card. Not a dicky bird from them. They really are brutal.
                                                              I can beat that, reported one to them three months ago and not a word.

edit; just chased them and they said they'd get back to me later today...I'd make that a 20/1 shot to actually happen.

Comment

I can beat that, reported one to them three months ago and not a word.
                                                                i can beat that. broke my leg 15 months ago, and am still waiting for an operation. i've had the usual "let me find out where we're at and i'll get straight back to you " at least 8 times!!!

Comment

That's nasty, is it within NHS?

Comment

That's nasty, is it within NHS?
                                                                    yep. looks like my bespoke implant has "disappeared" whilst they were changing manufacturers.

i'm off to Geneva in 2 weeks so i'll see if i can get it done over there

Comment

Euro Lapdancing shitholes notoriously slow with the CCTV forwarding

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Euro Lapdancing shitholes notoriously slow with the CCTV forwarding
                                                                        Painful past experiences in this?

Comment

The Ashes at Lords with random solo clapping. Zero Atmosphere

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                            The Lords Test is part of that whole Royal Ascot/Henley Regetta/Centre Court summer circuit of 'being seen in the right places'. The real fans will be at the Edgbaston, Old Trafford, Headingley tests.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                              Lords tests (but not one-dayers) generally a bit muted. I'd also say that the Wednesday start, plus England playing shite, would be a factor!

Comment

Merchant has 30 days to respond to a chargeback?
                                                                                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

RuSSia now arresting their former head of their army in Ukraine (Surovikin).

IIRC, purging the military didn't work out so great for Stalin.

Comment

Comment

RuSSia now arresting their former head of their army in Ukraine (Surovikin).

IIRC, purging the military didn't work out so great for Stalin.
                                                                                      Yeah, Putie is so clearly losing in Iraq

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Merchant has 30 days to respond to a chargeback?
                                                                                        Revolut is instant. My French bank account was also instant. Plus, all AIB need to say in that case is: we're processing your charge back, our estimated response time is XXX. It seems deliberately designed to discourage a fundamental right we have under EU law.

Comment

Me to campsite activities person: C'est combien pour la balade a poney?

Campsite person: THAT....IS.....TWENTY....EURO.

Daughter to same person: Some random French question

Campsite person: Engages in a five minute flowery conversation in French with her, they laugh a bit, joke a bit, promise to email each other afterwards

Me (now we've established we speak French): some follow-up simple question in French

Campsite person: EXCEEDINGLY SLOW ENGLISH RESPONSE

I get that I have an accent and all that, but it *feels* insulting.

Comment

Valencia tomorrow
                                                                                            I am excite.
                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Revolut is instant. My French bank account was also instant. Plus, all AIB need to say in that case is: we're processing your charge back, our estimated response time is XXX. It seems deliberately designed to discourage a fundamental right we have under EU law.
                                                                                              How do you actually go about initiating a chargeback with AIB?

Comment

This is kinda cool. Have a look at the video a bit down the page - real-time responses to interview questions: https://github.com/SevaSk/ecoute

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

How do you actually go about initiating a chargeback with AIB?
                                                                                                  Its well-hidden! There is something in the app under support, where you fill in the details then it asks you to upload a file showing you have tried to resolve the dispute with the vendor, but it won't accept uploads. Alternatively there's charge.back@aib.ie but there's no indication they monitor that email address given my contact with them through it.

Comment

Me to campsite activities person: C'est combien pour la balade a poney?

Campsite person: THAT....IS.....TWENTY....EURO.

Daughter to same person: Some random French question

Campsite person: Engages in a five minute flowery conversation in French with her, they laugh a bit, joke a bit, promise to email each other afterwards

Me (now we've established we speak French): some follow-up simple question in French

Campsite person: EXCEEDINGLY SLOW ENGLISH RESPONSE

I get that I have an accent and all that, but it *feels* insulting.
                                                                                                    Your problem is that you are somewhat useful at speaking French.

When you can only speak random words and phrases (like me), then it's seen as cute - a bit like a baby trying to say 'goo goo' and they will happily help out.

Pro tip: either be fully fluent or pretty much incompetent

Comment

Probably told this story before but many moons ago when I worked at Paddy Power, one of my jobs was investigating and disputing chargebacks.
                                                                                                      Got one in from a company whose card had been used for a relatively small bit of punting on a weekend night.
                                                                                                      Holder of said card told his company it had been stolen and used on the site. Clocked pretty quickly that it had been him that used it and was trying to save his skin.
                                                                                                      Got in touch and told him we'd be disputing it and explaining why but that we'd drop it as long as he paid off the charges. Was a relatively small amount (think it was about 200) but wouldn't budge.
                                                                                                      Fire back to the bank explaining why we didn't believe the transaction was fraudulent and came from X account/location with no sign of compromise.

Cut to very irate call a week or two later about ruining a career.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                        Valencia tomorrow
                                                                                                        I am excite.
                                                                                                        Champion burger starts today..need to prebuy tickets..just saying is all

hit me up if you need anything while here
                                                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

While we’re on the subject of fluency in languages…

we’ve been attending the offical languages school here since we arrived. We pretty much had 0 Spanish on arrival and so started at the lowest tier. Language learning has 6 levels A1 & 2 B1 & 2 and C1 & 2.

Generally speaking at A1 you can say hello and introduce yourself and at C2 you are pretty much native level. The defined level for near-native is B2 (the equivalent of studying in secondary and 1 year of university) and if you are B2 it’s considered that you can comfortably live in a country with that offical language. With plenty of errors, but you can understand and be understood etc.

so last year I started the B2 course, you get 3 hours a week of classes for the normal school year and then have official school exams and afterwards certification if you want it. Around January last year I stopped going to the classes and didn’t do the school exams but sat the certification anyway. You need an average of 65% across each tested area (writing, speaking, listening, reading comprehension and mediation (transmitting information in a different way))

i couldn’t do the speaking exam because I was out of Valencia at the time and I only got 56% in the written part so decided to redo it in September, unfortunately In September I only managed to get 44% which meant an instant fail (you need a minimum of 50% in each area to work towards your 65% average mark) had I not repeated the written part I would have received the certification as my initial mark was high enough.

anyway, did B2 again this year and passed all the school exams with an average of 72% including 61% in the writing. 3 weeks later I did the certification and just got the results. I somehow managed to get just 35% in the writing part this time at my current rate of regression I should get 28% in the next written exam in September.

technically I have B2 and can pass to C1 next year if I want but i’m planning to do the B2 year again. Thankfully i don’t need it for anything and my comprehension marks are
                                                                                                          at the very high end circa 90% for both reading and listening which shows I’m not having day to day problems but the grammar structures are a right pain in the hole.

of course herself flew through it first time round so that’s not helping much
                                                                                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Looks like there are shenanigans uncovered in the IHRB...paging GAB.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                              Can confirm 5* review for Iago's help

Comment

This is kinda cool. Have a look at the video a bit down the page - real-time responses to interview questions: https://github.com/SevaSk/ecoute
                                                                                                                I've had some fun recently doing technical interviews.
                                                                                                                There have been a few who were clearly using google and chat GPT in the course of zoom calls but it's always so obvious and LOL bad.

One lad was complete waste of time, hopeless in communicating the most basic concepts and just to pad out the time I threw him a 6 marker ... after a bit of typing and head bobbing back and forth to another screen, there is a long pause before he reads out an absolutely textbook answer to a mistyped version of what I asked him about...I couldn't help laughing
                                                                                                                Another one was struggling with a programming assignment, they couldn't get to grips with it and after ages of faffing around magically pasted in a perfect answer. I can't figure out if they thought I wouldn't notice or what!

Comment

spirited comeback happeningby the ABs against the French in the u20-s world cup. Was 28-0, now 28-14 with 15 minutes to play!!

Comment

this came out today- spend out of the barter account- your licence fee hard at work- feels like there’s a long way to go
                                                                                                                    • 111k for bringing clients of RTE to the rugby world cup???
                                                                                                                    • 10yr IRFU tickets for 138k!!
                                                                                                                    • 2019 champions league final - 26k!!!

Comment

And seeing as misappropriation of taxpayer money is all of a sudden of interest to the media they may want to look at the GAA - lots to dig in to there that’s been swept under the rug over the years

Comment

It must be an oversight on the part of the journalist to omit a comment along the lines of "The law society of Ireland moved swiftly to protect the general public from this chancer when this matter was first raised a number of years ago ", because surely it isn't possible that they have not yet acted against him?

Story is about some woman took out a mortgage on her mothers house and then defaulted on it.

... Pauline Gibson, the judge said, had engaged in a scheme in place in 2003 to defraud her parents out of their family home and the court was marking that with an award of punitive or exemplary damages in the sum of €75,000 in favour of her mother.

Mr O’Gorman, the judge said, had behaved in “a grossly negligent manner” towards Marie Gibson and her late husband. The solicitor was “clearly aware” of all his own actions including that he had failed to furnish any written advice to Marie Gibson, the judge said.

Mr O’Gorman also knew that Marie Gibson had never obtained any funds from the transaction, had destroyed original documents of transfers in 2003 and had falsely redated transfer documents and the conveyance in 2009, to ensure he did not have to pay interest and penalties on stamp duty.

Mr O’Gorman had not witnessed Mrs Gibson’s signatures on documents relating to the purported transfer but had later claimed that he had witnessed the signatures.

Despite all this, the judge said, Mr O’Gorman had sought to defend the case against him “tooth and nail” until the third day of the trial when it became clear that “the solicitor’s actions in this matter were indefensible”, the judge said.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

Champion burger starts today..need to prebuy tickets..just saying is all

Holy shit, that looks amazing.
                                                                                                                          Might be a plan for Sunday as lots shuts down?
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X