This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Degag View Post
    Was it Dice who used to back the 4 draws in a lucky 15? Wouldn’t have been a bad auld time to do it this afternoon.
    That's me. 18 was kind yesterday.

Screenshot_20230930-212045.png

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post

Our man having a bad afternoon after a great morning. The anti sweat on McIlroy is real. We're live going into the singles if he's chinned.
      Still alive . Need Rory Rahm and Hatton to cooperate. Longish shot now . Maybe Rorys head is melted after caddygate . Handbags , or should i say golf bags.

maybe the caddy said 'up the ra' .

Comment

Have this odd feeling the yanks could do it tomorrow, unlikely of course.

Saw some video of Rory getting right riled up with i think Joe le Cava, Tiger's caddy. But Bones, Phil's ex caddy was in the mix too, trying to calm things i think.

Didn't see what caused it, people were telling me tonight that Joey caused it, but that surprised me as a caddy of his stature knows how things go. But maybe not. McIllroy still an eejit to get involved in such a commanding position?

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
          Glinners promo for the new buke

It's such a strange and depressing path he's gone down. From national treasure to only being able to perform in front of a very specific crowd. As if U2 could only perform concerts for retired railway workers. Any randomer who walked into that gig would wander back out either annoyed or confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

It's such a strange and depressing path he's gone down. From national treasure to only being able to perform in front of a very specific crowd. As if U2 could only perform concerts for retired railway workers. Any randomer who walked into that gig would wander back out either annoyed or confused.
            Only a matter of time before he's back where he is supposed to be. Given his track record I'm.sure it will be good stuff

tea father

​​​

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
              Only a matter of time before he's back where he is supposed to be. Given his track record I'm.sure it will be good stuff

tea father
              He’s created 2 series over the last few years. I don’t think they were a patch on the past glories.

Comment

Sweating like a French rapist after being allowed, under strict supervision, out of my cell to walk the dog. Hopefully that's the covid fuckery leaving me.

Seems like it's coming back for another round this winter.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

He’s created 2 series over the last few years. I don’t think they were a patch on the past glories.
                  Hard to top Father Ted and Black Books Reckon there's another one rattling around in there .. wait and see I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                    The off side in the Liverpool game is so bizarre. in real time I thought, oh nice that looks on but then after a few seconds VAR ruled it off so I thought we had seen a weird angle. Then they never show the lines and its never brought up again. The other channels showing the game have since shown it was clearly onside.

I can't comprehend how that decision is ever incorrectly called. There is no ambiguity, you are drawing lines.
                    The richest sport in the world, and they've really made a mess of var. Embarrassing.

Comment

Massive sweat for me today - was on mcilroy and cantlay to win the Nicklaus/Jackie award (my favourite part of Ryder cup) - will be tough after yesterday
                      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                        Massive sweat for me today - was on mcilroy and cantlay to win the Nicklaus/Jackie award (my favourite part of Ryder cup) - will be tough after yesterday
                        hovland seems to be the chosen boy for this award this year

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Hard to top Father Ted and Black Books Reckon there's another one rattling around in there .. wait and see I suppose
                          There was. The IT crowd.

Comment

The yanks trying their best to give us a sweat and Rahm manages to pull it out of the bag again.

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Woah man didn't realise this was the final season.
                            Really looking forward to watching this. Haven't watched a massive amount of TV in the last couple of years. Of the few shows I've seen, Reservation Dogs was well up there. Sad, funny, entertaining and thought provoking at the same time. The episode with Bill Burr was a real highlight.

The other show that sticks out is Atlanta. The last season had the familiar recipe of standalone anthology type episodes to break the main story. The finale was gas.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                              The yanks trying their best to give us a sweat and Rahm manages to pull it out of the bag again.

Really looking forward to watching this. Haven't watched a massive amount of TV in the last couple of years. Of the few shows I've seen, Reservation Dogs was well up there. Sad, funny, entertaining and thought provoking at the same time. The episode with Bill Burr was a real highlight.

The other show that sticks out is Atlanta. The last season had the familiar recipe of standalone anthology type episodes to break the main story. The finale was gas.
                              absolutely agree with you. love both of those, and i'd add mr inbetween in that lot, and slightly older which i absolutely loved was party down (haven't watched the new series yet as i've not managed to convince kid number 2 to rewatch the originals and i really want to rewatch before digging in to the new ones!)

Comment

There was. The IT crowd.
                                Somehow missed that series.

Only watched Black Books recently enough.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

The richest sport in the world, and they've really made a mess of var. Embarrassing.
                                  They haven’t made A mess- the refs are bent- lads who were in car for spurs game flew back from officiating in UAE on Friday
                                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

The head on Shane Lowry.

He couldn't be anything other than Irish.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                      That MSG sphere in Vegas looks absolutely mind blowing.
                                      It does! Although I've watched loads of clips of that concert and the acoustics seem a bit off in each of them. Maybe its just the clips themselves. Would be a shame as its a phenomenal space.
                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Theresa on here telling us Golf has changed and it's not so stuffy any more, while the latest golf scandal is a caddie took his hat off at the wrong time!

Comment

Super Sunday showing wimmins match. My Sky Sports cancel button on high alert .

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                            Theresa on here telling us Golf has changed and it's not so stuffy any more, while the latest golf scandal is a caddie took his hat off at the wrong time!
                                            I dunno even I would be pissed off if I was making a putt and a fking opposing Caddy was interfering. Bad call there HJ .

Shane Lowry is probably as close to yer average poker room type as you'll find. It's very cringe though I'll agree there . The questions are embarrassing to listen to - car crash atuff

Comment

I couldnt envisage a situation where i'd be bro hugging anyone like that unless it was a funeral or some other family event. I'd like to think i'd be the type -> fk off Luke im dying for a shite , hug fking Lowry .

Comment

3 hours of lecturing on a Monday morning from 10 am this term. Sunday wine well and truly destroyed until early December

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                  3 hours of lecturing on a Monday morning from 10 am this term. Sunday wine well and truly destroyed until early December
                                                  I genuinely found the lecturers to be in bigger disarray than the students since September.
                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Not for ye FB aversion guys . Europe tesm rave

Comment

Dice tearing through the field in the closing event in Killarney
                                                      with a full tank of fuel on board.
                                                      Wasabi in hot persuit on the final table.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                        Do students actually turn up for 10am Monday lectures?

Something truly rotten in the state of Denmark if they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Do students actually turn up for 10am Monday lectures?

Something truly rotten in the state of Denmark if they do.
                                                          They're first years, so they will for the first few weeks anyway.

Comment

Scruples – So if we get the bonus point and the Scots win, the Boks are eliminated. Hmm, this is the failing of the groups system in both soccer and RWC.

I think the RWC should be an extended 6 nations type of event. With the top 4 playing in a semi. The minnows play in a separate tournament with the top 2 from that playing in the extended 6 nations type of league. Let’s say if legitimately the scots do win with us getting the bonus point. The accusations will be flying for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                              Scruples – So if we get the bonus point and the Scots win, the Boks are eliminated. Hmm, this is the failing of the groups system in both soccer and RWC.

I think the RWC should be an extended 6 nations type of event. With the top 4 playing in a semi. The minnows play in a separate tournament with the top 2 from that playing in the extended 6 nations type of league. Let’s say if legitimately the scots do win with us getting the bonus point. The accusations will be flying for years.
                                                              I can't see any vaguely realistic circumstances where South Africa don't qualify, except for the case where Scotland beat us by 20+ points and they get 5 points and we get 1 point. That's an extremely unlikely scenario to happen. That'll mean we all finish on 15 points and the Scots have the best points difference, and then we finish ahead of SA on head to head. Us losing by 20+ points and getting 4 tries in the process isn't particularly likely, although it is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                                Dice tearing through the field in the closing event in Killarney
                                                                with a full tank of fuel on board.
                                                                Wasabi in hot persuit on the final table.
                                                                How did this turn out?

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

I can't see any vaguely realistic circumstances where South Africa don't qualify, except for the case where Scotland beat us by 20+ points and they get 5 points and we get 1 point. That's an extremely unlikely scenario to happen. That'll mean we all finish on 15 points and the Scots have the best points difference, and then we finish ahead of SA on head to head. Us losing by 20+ points and getting 4 tries in the process isn't particularly likely, although it is possible.
                                                                  . Its open to shenanigans is my point . The unrealistic part is if we would do such a thing to knockout the likely winners of the tournament .

Comment

. Its open to shenanigans is my point . The unrealistic part is if we would do such a thing to knockout the likely winners of the tournament .
                                                                    0% chance imo.

Comment

Both are unrealistic. The thought that tow teams and their management would be willing to do this, agree to do this, and it not because public that this was known and agreed is massively unlikely (as you acknowledge), but the chances of Ireland losing by 20+ points and also getting 4 tries are pretty unrealistic too. Maybe if Ireland ran in 4 early tries and got a couple of red cards it could happen genuinely, but 30-50 type scorelines between teams like this aren't something that happens often.

Comment

As Unlikely as it is
                                                                        If Ireland wanted to do this, they don’t really need Scotlands agreement. All they need is the bonus point secured, after that Scotland can do what they want, then it’s bye to the Champs.
                                                                        It’s probably even less likely as the Rugger game is mostly clean (much to the dismay of Mystery boy) . it would also tarnish the WC if Ireland did win it. I guess I’m just pointing out the Faultline with these group matches . (as with all group matches) . Sure I filled up a few rows of BBV space till Hitch gets here.

Comment

As Unlikely as it is
                                                                          If Ireland wanted to do this, they don’t really need Scotlands agreement. All they need is the bonus point secured, after that Scotland can do what they want, then it’s bye to the Champs.
                                                                          It’s probably even less likely as the Rugger game is mostly clean (much to the dismay of Mystery boy) . it would also tarnish the WC if Ireland did win it. I guess I’m just pointing out the Faultline with these group matches . (as with all group matches) . Sure I filled up a few rows of BBV space till Hitch gets here.
                                                                          OK, we'll just agree that it won't be a contrived situation and leave it at that.

Comment

As Unlikely as it is
                                                                            If we were inclined to mad conspiracy theories, surely we want SA to go through to the quarters and for them and France to beat the living crap out of each other, leaving them a spent force

Comment

If we were inclined to mad conspiracy theories, surely we want SA to go through to the quarters and for them and France to beat the living crap out of each other, leaving them a spent force
                                                                              Traitor that i am . Ive backed the All Blacks the weekend . Good money after bad .

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

How did this turn out?
                                                                                Our man took it down like a boss.

Comment

Traitor that i am . Ive backed the All Blacks the weekend . Good money after bad .
                                                                                  Basically co-favourites of 4 now. Definitely the most open RWC ever in that regard.

Comment

Did it cover his bar bill?

(and WP Dicebox)

Comment

Crazy stuff.

They are saying that the main VAR ref thought the goal had been given so he was checking for offside to overturn the goal and says "check complete" meaning no offside and the goal should stand. The on-field referee takes check complete as verification that the offside was the correct call and restarts the game disallowing the goal. The have a second VAR referee in the room who apparently is an offside specialist who never intervenes, they have a technology operator and then another person in the room apparently overseeing the whole thing who are all watching the game and allow the game to restart without saying anything. Once the game is restarted any decision made must stand and they never let the on field referee know about the fuck up until half time.

Comment

n

Hon Dice! How many spondoolicks?

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Crazy stuff.

They are saying that the main VAR ref thought the goal had been given so he was checking for offside to overturn the goal and says "check complete" meaning no offside and the goal should stand. The on-field referee takes check complete as verification that the offside was the correct call and restarts the game disallowing the goal. The have a second VAR referee in the room who apparently is an offside specialist who never intervenes, they have a technology operator and then another person in the room apparently overseeing the whole thing who are all watching the game and allow the game to restart without saying anything. Once the game is restarted any decision made must stand and they never let the on field referee know about the fuck up until half time.
                                                                                          Easy mistake to make.
                                                                                          Other than the lino being seen in camera shot holding his flag up, Liverpool players not celebrating, the Spurs fans cheering loudly and the ball being positioned for a free out, there was no way for the VAR ref to realise the goal hadn't been given.

Comment

As Unlikely as it is
                                                                                            [FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#212121]If Ireland wanted to do this, they don’t really need Scotlands agreement. All they need is the bonus point secured, after that Scotland can do what they want, then it’s bye to the Champs.
                                                                                            It’s possible. But it can go wrong a lot of ways.
                                                                                            If we se sure a bonus point, Scotland can’t just do what they wants, if they win without a bonus they’re out. And if they win with a bonus, but not by a wide enough margin, we get two bonuses and they still go out.

Its certainly possible, but there’s a lot that can go wrong. When you need to score that many points, higher risk it looks obvious

Comment

Did it cover his bar bill?

(and WP Dicebox)
                                                                                              Don't be ridiculous.

FB_IMG_1696254854303~2.jpg ​​​​

Comment

It’s possible. But it can go wrong a lot of ways.
                                                                                                If we se sure a bonus point, Scotland can’t just do what they wants, if they win without a bonus they’re out. And if they win with a bonus, but not by a wide enough margin, we get two bonuses and they still go out.

Its certainly possible, but there’s a lot that can go wrong. When you need to score that many points, higher risk it looks obvious
                                                                                                Exactly, if the points awarded are 5-1 to Scotland, then we'd need to lose by 20+ in that case to go through.

Comment

This has gone all Mony Phyton. Wha? In this case - The result is determined by the outcome. Wha? When I say Scotland can do what they like, I’m saying the mindset.

Ideally Ireland V SA would be the final of choice for RU fans . Even though we beat them, they are the last team I’d like to face.

I’ll paint my scenario more clearly. Ireland (in charge of the result , we arrogantly believe ) Decide to go all out for a bonus point, get it - and then manage the game after that, by easing . Somehow Scotland (not a bad outfit ) get a couple of tries and boom they have a chance to qualify. Momentum/passion. Ireland passively allow this to happen and put in a token performance , enabling the Scots to thrive.

No matter how unlikely it is. It’s a scenario the benefits both Ireland and Scotland . A RWC without SA is highly achievable here . But morally wrong of course . It’s only the morality of it that is preventing this happening. I’ve since seen a comment by the SA coach, suggesting it would be match fixing. SO it’s clearly a scenario he was thinking. (bizarre or not)

Comment

It is technically possible for that to happen, yes.

Either way, Scotland have to really go for it on Saturday. They need to win. Even that might not be enough, but both teams will be aware of the stakes for both of them. Hopefully a good result for Ireland anyway.
                                                                                                    Last edited by 6starpool; 02-10-23, 14:45.

Comment

Dice rang my Dad yesterday. Haven't seen ya for ages, I'm in Killarney, come for a pint. Aul lad says grand. Comes in, few pints and bitta craic with 7 or 8 of us. Dice has cashed the main at this point and fancies a bit of craic in the 150 super turbo.

My mother comes in to collect Dad after she was playing bingo in town. Dice says, dya know what I'm going to give you 10% of anything I win but you have to put it towards bingo. Mom laughs and says yeah grand, Ciarans on the pints.

He ships it for 3500 and gives me 350 quid to give to her.

Bink.

Comment

Ideally Ireland V SA would be the final of choice for RU fans . Even though we beat them, they are the last team I’d like to face.
                                                                                                        That is definitely not the case. Rugby fans absolutley loved that match but NZ rugby is the style of rugby everyone loves to watch. French rugby has matched that currently, and if we beat SA, it's because we'll score more tries than them, and be more creative whilst still challenging them at every stage in the forwards battle. They'll score, but we'll score more and that's the kind of game everyone wants to see.

It doesn't always happen that way, which is absolutely fine for most rugby fans, but if IRL-SA was the way rugby was played every week, we'd lose a lot of fans.

Comment

That is definitely not the case. Rugby fans absolutley loved that match but NZ rugby is the style of rugby everyone loves to watch. French rugby has matched that currently, and if we beat SA, it's because we'll score more tries than them, and be more creative whilst still challenging them at every stage in the forwards battle. They'll score, but we'll score more and that's the kind of game everyone wants to see.

It doesn't always happen that way, which is absolutely fine for most rugby fans, but if IRL-SA was the way rugby was played every week, we'd lose a lot of fans.
                                                                                                          I was writing your reply in my head as I posted the other one. . You went a bit more romantic that i thought though. Love it.

Comment

The dream final is Ireland-France.
                                                                                                            Guaranteed new name on the trophy and two teams who play good rugby.

By the way, I don't agree with the highlighted. That was a crazy intense test match but also one where both teams blew a pile of attacking opportunities. It was the best game of this RWC by far in terms of intensity and standard. The atmosphere in the ground was up there with any game I've ever attended.

Comment

I was writing your reply in my head as I posted the other one. . You went a bit more romantic that i thought though. Love it.
                                                                                                              Lol, I'm sadly quite a romantic, a cynical sarcastic one, but still a romantic.

Just had a tooth ripped out this morning as i had a horrendous tooth ache for the last 5 days, cost me 355 swiss francs ​​​​​​, and my first op for my leg repair is next monday, and a great friend from Ireland is flying in on Wednesday. This is a good week for me bizarrely.

Comment

Pay peanuts, get monkeys. Trump is going to have damages decided by the judge in his fraud case (yes, the one he has been repeatedly slagging off in public) instead of a jury...because his lawyers forgot to tick a box.

So much schadenfreude.....

Comment

fair fcks to the student who managed to in the space of two sentences in their presentation to refer to Goldman Shacks and Warren Buffet (as in, all-you-can-eat).

Comment

Sadly, I owe Hitch €150 (apologies thought the date on this was 30-Sep, not 15th).

BBVing the UAF a new low for sure.

Hitchhiker's Guide To... , I have your bank details ending -136. Does this work for lootage?

People who say war profiteering is easy work would need to look at my P&L spreadsheet. But finally all the efforts and hard work have paid off. I suppose you've just got to pick a dream and stick with it.

Comment

The dream final is Ireland-France.
                                                                                                                      Guaranteed new name on the trophy and two teams who play good rugby.

By the way, I don't agree with the highlighted. That was a crazy intense test match but also one where both teams blew a pile of attacking opportunities. It was the best game of this RWC by far in terms of intensity and standard. The atmosphere in the ground was up there with any game I've ever attended.
                                                                                                                      It was an amazing game and everyone loved it, and definitely the best game so far . All I'm saying is that if every game in the quarter finals and or onwards were like that, then we'd all get a bit bored/disillusioned with rugby. That's definitely not what people want every single game

Comment

It was an amazing game and everyone loved it, and definitely the best game so far . All I'm saying is that if every game in the quarter finals and or onwards were like that, then we'd all get a bit bored/disillusioned with rugby. That's definitely not what people want every single game
                                                                                                                        Errr, how much RWC knockout rugby have you watched? (I suspect 'a lot')

That's exactly what you're going to get in the QFs and onwards!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

People who say war profiteering is easy work would need to look at my P&L spreadsheet. But finally all the efforts and hard work have paid off. I suppose you've just got to pick a dream and stick with it.
                                                                                                                          You might as well put this windfall to good use (i.e. do anything except spunk it on DeSantis bets!).

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X