X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Holy shit, that looks amazing.
    Might be a plan for Sunday as lots shuts down?
    yeah Sundays can be quiet although the likes of the zoo and aquarium etc will be open and summers are a bit different.

This weekend you have
    - a vermut festival in the centre of valencia
    - champions burger
    - correfoc which starts at 11pm on Saturday night, fireworks show between estacion del nord and plaza de reina
    - medieval market along the promenade at the beach
    and lots more

this is a good website to check up on what’s happening https://valenciasecreta.com/que-hace...fin-de-semana/

Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      War on drugs were amazing tonight. Trinity turned out to be a cracking venue.

Had a little bonus of ending up beside Liam Ó Maonlaí for the entire gig. Chatting and dancing with him. Such a beautiful human.
      Great gig. Did you notice the Dyson tent inside? They were promoting this new headset. It's noise-canceling headphones with air purification. They are calling it the Dyson Zone!

Comment

From the 1k milly maker which got over 10k runners, The pay jumps in this are insane. They have $500k locked up with 4 left and the second gets a milly and 1st gets 1.2. This hand happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Great gig. Did you notice the Dyson tent inside? They were promoting this new headset. It's noise-canceling headphones with air purification. They are calling it the Dyson Zone!

I saw the tent alright, thought it unusual.

That's a monstrosity, jaysus.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I saw the tent alright, thought it unusual.

That's a monstrosity, jaysus.
            Just watched this review. It is as bad as it looks.

Agree it's a class venue and there is something great about walking back out into the middle of the City after an outdoor gig. Had a ticket for Kraftwerk tonight but ended up not being able to go. Pity they can't have the gigs a little later as they really need darkness to fall for the full experience and it would just help with the atmosphere in general.

Comment

Agree it's a class venue and there is something great about walking back out into the middle of the City after an outdoor gig. Had a ticket for Kraftwerk tonight but ended up not being able to go. Pity they can't have the gigs a little later as they really need darkness to fall for the full experience and it would just help with the atmosphere in general.
              Yeah, totally agree about the darkness. Tough I suppose, you also want balmy.

Fantastic walking out right into the heart alright, town was buzzing.

Comment

Enjoyed that review. Maybe they're right, maybe it is a loss leader, designed to drum up buzz. Pretty ridiculous product otherwise.

Comment

From the 1k milly maker which got over 10k runners, The pay jumps in this are insane. They have $500k locked up with 4 left and the second gets a milly and 1st gets 1.2. This hand happens.

When I saw the guy's over-the-top premature celebration, part of me wanted to scream 4 after that flop. As for PokerGo one of the worst beats of the summer? It is in its hole. Sick to happen at that point in a tournament but hardly the worst beat out there.

Comment

When I saw the guy's over-the-top premature celebration, part of me wanted to scream 4 after that flop. As for PokerGo.... one of the worst beats of the summer? It is in its hole. Sick to happen at that point in a tournament but hardly the worst beat out there.

Comment

Report here saying China will have 1.5 TWh of renewables installed by 2025. For comparison, the entire EU electricity production is 2.8 TWh. We are massively moving towards endless cheap and clean electricity. Does make a slight mockery of Irish policy against data centres, as within a decade we'll be desperate for things to do with our own electricity.

China is on track to double its utility-scale solar and wind power capacity and shatter the central government’s ambitious 2030 target of 1,200 gigawatts (GW) five years ahead of schedule, if all prospective projects are successfully built and commissioned, according to a new report from Global Energy Monitor (GEM). The Global Solar and Wind Power … Continued
                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        Report here saying China will have 1.5 TWh of renewables installed by 2025. For comparison, the entire EU electricity production is 2.8 TWh. We are massively moving towards endless cheap and clean electricity. Does make a slight mockery of Irish policy against data centres, as within a decade we'll be desperate for things to do with our own electricity.

https://globalenergymonitor.org/repo...r-development/
                        Somebody who seemed to know what they were talking about this weekend was pointing out that electricity is <20% of the problem. Transport and home heating a way bigger slice of the cake.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Off to Croatia later, never been before. Hopefully the cheese-eating surrender monkey air controllers do their job for a change.

First Euro family summer holiday not based on a French campsite for a long time. Time is rolling on.
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            Off to Croatia later, never been before. Hopefully the cheese-eating surrender monkey air controllers do their job for a change.

First Euro family summer holiday not based on a French campsite for a long time. Time is rolling on.
                            Heading to Crete in a couple of weeks to this place. Usually not one for extended periods of sitting around but after a busy year in work I reckon I might manage it this time. Thinking of doing another cruise next year....got hooked into booking a cabin in a secluded part of the ship last year with its own bar/restaurant/pool for an amazing price and now I'm not sure I can go back to gen pop cruising even though the price next year is 2x, albeit on the brand new ship.

Comment

Does anyone know any TV licence inspectors?

Would be curious about the personality that goes into that field. I imagine their job has just become even tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Would be curious about the personality that goes into that field. I imagine their job has just become even tougher.
                                Not to be dismissive now or anything but lots of jobs for people are 'just a job' and not a calling!
                                I'd imagine if a citizen is unemployed and needs money they are just as likely to apply for TV licence inspector as gas meter reader etc?
                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Not to be dismissive now or anything but lots of jobs for people are 'just a job' and not a calling!
                                  I'd imagine if a citizen is unemployed and needs money they are just as likely to apply for TV licence inspector as gas meter reader etc?
                                  It's not really the 80s any more. There's tons of job postings open.

Gas meter reading would far more desirable then licence inspector

Comment

ESB are charging €75 to read a meter outside of the scheduled once per year!
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

It's not really the 80s any more. There's tons of job postings open.

Gas meter reading would far more desirable then licence inspector
                                      Ok not sure of the relevance of needing money in the 80s vs needing money in 2023 but you were say a mid 40s male would you apply for:
                                      A. Call center work
                                      B. Server at McDonalds
                                      C. State job license inspector?
                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Somebody who seemed to know what they were talking about this weekend was pointing out that electricity is <20% of the problem. Transport and home heating a way bigger slice of the cake.
                                        I'd highly doubt that anyone who ends up in the ESRI knows what they are talking about. ESRI is exclusively populated by people who can't get proper academic jobs, which I can personally attest is not a high bar to meet.

Electricity might currently only be 20% of the problem, but the solution is to grow it into a much bigger problem by converting everything to electricity. That's not that difficult. We're currently transitioning towards electric vehicles and new homes are (I believe) electric only. The electricity slice of the pie is only going to grow bigger and bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                          ESB are charging €75 to read a meter outside of the scheduled once per year!
                                          What you need is one of those fancy meters that read themselves

Comment

Famously the whole TV licence collection system is designed as a bailout for An Post. Only real way to explain why it's not done through Revenue Commissioners.

Comment

Standard bearers for the 4th Reich imo. Would shove you and everyone you love into a gas chamber if they got the chance.
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                What you need is one of those fancy meters that read themselves
                                                Yeah, asked for one and they say they will install when they get around to it

In the meantime had been overpaying hugely and to reduce the payment they gave us a choice of waiting until meter reading is due or to send in a meter reading ourselves.
                                                To send in your own meter reading they asked for... I kid you not, a photo of the reading (in fact 6 photos one of each different setting ) taken with todays newspaper or other suitable timestamp visible in the picture!

Comment

I think I'd enjoy being a TV Licence inspector, wouldnt be boring anyway. Would deffo push the boundaries to entertain myself.

Comment

Da mudder lives alone and due to health issues cant get up the stairs easily enough on oxygen Need to get her a downstails bathroom and shower . Anyone had to do similar. Costs etc ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                      Da mudder lives alone and due to health issues cant get up the stairs easily enough on oxygen Need to get her a downstails bathroom and shower . Anyone had to do similar. Costs etc ?
                                                      We spent 4k on an understairs toilet. Guess it would be double that for a proper bathroom?

Comment

US Supreme Court seems to be on a bit of a mad one at the moment.

Comment

For scale i got a quote of 7k to completely renovate aul lads ensuite so id guesstimate maybe 10k if stud walls and pipes need introducing.

Comment

Pit Aul Lad into a Nursing Home today, feels awful but what can you do. Some nightmare to navigate the whole system and paperwork only starting now really.

Deffo going for a pint tonight

Comment

One bit of advice I'd give is if anyone has someone who is looking like going down the Dementia/Alzheimers route get an EPOA in place as early as it can be agreed, save you a LOT of hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

When I saw the guy's over-the-top premature celebration, part of me wanted to scream 4 after that flop. As for PokerGo one of the worst beats of the summer? It is in its hole. Sick to happen at that point in a tournament but hardly the worst beat out there.
                                                                The worst WSOP beat happened in Triple Draw a few years ago, so no one understands it!

On that note, I wonder would there be any interest in resurrecting the IPB mixed game that we used to play in Voodoo many years ago. The guys in the Regency will rent a table and dealer by the hour with no rake. Could we cobble together a coalition of 5 willing participants plus myself? Once a month for low stakes would be good. Beats endless NLHE for sure!
                                                                Last edited by zuutroy; 30-06-23, 16:23.

Comment

Don't hust do it yourselves, you should get it done to the correct spec as defined by an Occupational Therapist
                                                                  You might need a referral at some stage but you can start by hiring a private OT (you could be years waiting for a HSE one) to do an assessment of what is needed and then you use that to get most of the cost of the job covered by grants.
                                                                  If you can get ahead of the game, in the medium term there is great advantages to having the right infrastructure that is certified by an OT, in place in terms of getting future homecare and getting discharged from hospital without having to go into a nursing home for step down etc.

Comment

Thanks all. Old age sucks. Watching someone going from old but independance and rude health to elderly and dying in 6 months is wrenching. Tis life i guess .

Comment

You could try the grant route
                                                                      i can pass u on a number of a team that supply and fit the whole thing
                                                                      they will help you with the grant application and fill in all the things u need to know
                                                                      I have done 4 grant jobs this year with him thru the shop
                                                                      send me a message if u need the details

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

The worst WSOP beat happened in Triple Draw a few years ago, so no one understands it!

On that note, I wonder would there be any interest in resurrecting the IPB mixed game that we used to play in Voodoo many years ago. The guys in the Regency will rent a table and dealer by the hour with no rake. Could we cobble together a coalition of 5 willing participants plus myself? Once a month for low stakes would be good. Beats endless NLHE for sure!
                                                                        I assume you were talking to them when you were in last week cos they had a poster up behind the cash table inside the door this week advertising mixed games.

Comment

Yeah, asked for one and they say they will install when they get around to it

In the meantime had been overpaying hugely and to reduce the payment they gave us a choice of waiting until meter reading is due or to send in a meter reading ourselves.
                                                                          To send in your own meter reading they asked for... I kid you not, a photo of the reading (in fact 6 photos one of each different setting ) taken with todays newspaper or other suitable timestamp visible in the picture!
                                                                          Presumably a meter that’s ‘unaccessible’ and hasn’t been read in years? Cause they take customer reads no problem otherwise.

Unaccessible may just mean behind a locked gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                            Presumably a meter that’s ‘unaccessible’ and hasn’t been read in years? Cause they take customer reads no problem otherwise.

Unaccessible may just mean behind a locked gate.
                                                                            The thing is they only read meters once a year and use estimated readings other than that.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

I assume you were talking to them when you were in last week cos they had a poster up behind the cash table inside the door this week advertising mixed games.
                                                                              Yea all the regs went busto according to the guy who looks like Mark Allen (the snooker player) who seems to run the show. GAB added to the list. Kayroo used to play with us but not sure hes around anymore?

Comment

The thing is they only read meters once a year and use estimated readings other than that.
                                                                                I usually just submit a reading here https://www.esbnetworks.ie/submit-a-meter-reading Have never been asked for a photo
                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Andy Black heads up for a bracelet...https://www.pokernews.com/tours/wsop...-turbo-bounty/

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                    Andy Black heads up for a bracelet...https://www.pokernews.com/tours/wsop...-turbo-bounty/
                                                                                    Looks to be 6 handed?

Comment

Ah... of course. I misread the hand

Don't tell my editor please!

Comment

tbf they read them 4 times i year i think. I'm out of that particular game a bit tho.

But if they can't get in (holiday homes etc) it doesn't happen.

Comment

By god, i'd love if Andy won a bracelet.

Comment

By god, i'd love if Andy won a bracelet.
                                                                                            Took a bad beat AK v KJ for heaps. Finished 3rd for 100k

Comment

Why do resealable packets containing slices of like ham and cheese open at the bottom of the stack end? Bane of my first world life.
                                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                One bit of advice I'd give is if anyone has someone who is looking like going down the Dementia/Alzheimers route get an EPOA in place as early as it can be agreed, save you a LOT of hassle.
                                                                                                Yeah, 100%.
                                                                                                Ive done all this over the last few years so if anyone needs a walk through or even a moan send me a pm
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

12 euro to buy one match on gaa go- get fucked you greedy cunts
                                                                                                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Oh Valencia is fucking class btw
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

See the rioters in the Paris set fire to the under construction Olympic pool .
                                                                                                      hopefully they start going at rugby World Cup venues next
                                                                                                      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                                                        12 euro to buy one match on gaa go- get fucked you greedy cunts
                                                                                                        And they have the cheek to have ads on it then aswell

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                                                          See the rioters in the Paris set fire to the under construction Olympic pool .
                                                                                                          hopefully they start going at rugby World Cup venues next
                                                                                                          invité misérable

Comment

Since when did cricket not allow a designated 'runner' if a batsman can't move?
                                                                                                            Slightly surreal final few overs in the Aussie innings as Nathan Lyons only had one functioning leg, so him and Starc were knocking it around the pitch for what would usually be comfortable 1s and 2s but they had to just stand there.
                                                                                                            Pretty great moment when he hit Broad for his sole boundary though.

Comment

And they have the cheek to have ads on it then aswell
                                                                                                              And the stream is pisspoor quality

Comment

Cultura online music.
                                                                                                                Fucking hell it's an indoor rave with free beer.
                                                                                                                Iago what have you been hiding?

Comment

Cultura online music.
                                                                                                                  Fucking hell it's an indoor rave with free beer.
                                                                                                                  Iago what have you been hiding?
                                                                                                                  Can’t give away all the secrets, place is already filling up, no more room at the inn

Comment

You can never beat Tyrone by enough regardless of how poor they are. Mighty day in CP

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

Can’t give away all the secrets, place is already filling up, no more room at the inn
                                                                                                                      Seriously man, what a city

Comment

Twitter limiting the number of tweets you can view a day. Bye bye.

Temporarily according to Musk. Feels like an attempt to get everyone to pay for it.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by elbows; 01-07-23, 17:54.
                                                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Seriously man, what a city
                                                                                                                          Digital nomad visa is what you need

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X