X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Degag
    replied
    Poor auld Rishi getting absolutely soaked outside Downing Street. And some loudspeaker blaring out "Things Can Only Get Better"

Delightful.

Leave a comment:

• Solksjaer!
    replied
    Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    If you are into Ethereal Sax with haunting Anuna style music. It shouldn't work but it does

Artist · 291.6K monthly listeners.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
    Don't think I'll ever forgive Walter White for the death of Mike. I'm still raging .
    Mike (and Kim) stole Better Call Saul though.

Leave a comment:

• Solksjaer!
    replied
    Don't think I'll ever forgive Walter White for the death of Mike. I'm still raging .

Leave a comment:

• Hitchhiker's Guide To...
    replied
    6star will be disappointed, but maybe he has arranged to travel to see them

Leave a comment:

• Lao Lao
    replied
    Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Great tune. I only discovered them in mid-late 2022.

Introduced them to the in-laws from Melbourne last summer. They had never heard of them and looked at me like I was making them up. There was talk of a friend back in Melbourne who was big into music and they would check with him to get the definitive answer. A few WhatsApp's back and forth and the friend confirmed they were a band, that they were excellent and that they could be huge. I gained a lot of street cred with the 20 something nephew and nieces in law on that one!

Sadly, no sign of a Dublin gig on their upcoming European tour.

Leave a comment:

• Solksjaer!
    replied
    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

For every Trump, Biden or Reagan there's a Kennedy, Obama or Clinton.

This gerontocracy is a strange thing though in a country that worships youth. It makes sense at least in China where age is revered.
    I see what you mean.

Clinton - I did not have sexual relations with that Lady

Biden - I COULD not have sexual relations with that Lady.

Trump - I grabbed her by the pussy. It’s good to be the king.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied

Why are we not following the US model of waiting until they are deep into their grey hairstyles before we give them the job. Ie WTF America . Retire the fogies
    For every Trump, Biden or Reagan there's a Kennedy, Obama or Clinton.

This gerontocracy is a strange thing though in a country that worships youth. It makes sense at least in China where age is revered.

Leave a comment:

• Ed
    replied
    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    He's actually surprisingly good at communicating. He doesn't have some big powerful voice, but it feels more believable as a result.

My one story about Simon Harris is that about a decade ago I was speaking at some Financial Compliance Annual Conference and the speaker before was Simon Harris, at the time starting in his first junior ministry in some sub-finance role. Think he was quite unknown at the time. But jesus the conference organisers were in bits over him - said they'd been running that conference for ages and no minister had ever shown the slightest inkling of knowledge of what they did, but Simon turns up and seemed to have read up so well on the thing that they almost collapsed with the shock. Stuck with me that he had gone to that effort for something so minor in the grand scheme of things.
    Was out for beers with a mate who has family that have been involved in an assortment of Gov roles. Apparently he did a very good job cultivating relationships with journalists over the years to the point that it might be more accurate to stop referring to Leo as "the leak"... Mate said there's a string of folks just waiting to stick the knife in when the opportunity arises

Leave a comment:

• Pat Mustard
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Solksjaer!
    replied
    Originally posted by Degag View Post

He’s a very eloquent and concise communicator to be fair.
    Why are we not following the US model of waiting until they are deep into their grey hairstyles before we give them the job. Ie WTF America . Retire the fogies

Leave a comment:

• Solksjaer!
    replied
    Off to Stockholm again tomorrow.
    Did I ever tell you I was in a band over there , back in the day.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    The Condolonces page on rip.ie for Dr. Sir Anthony AJF O'Reilly etc. ad nauseam has brought out a few real beauts, including these two possibly related gems

"Why do you weep? Did you think I was immortal?", The Sun King Louis XIV, is reputed to have said upon his death bed. Likewise, Sir Anthony's radiant, glorious, and all-conquering earthly life, seemed 'immortal'.
    Sir Anthony, was the epitome of 'The Renaissance Prince', who strode the world, 'like a Colossus'. Gifted by God, with munificent talents & blessings, he used them with great aplomb, to touch many lives, in his sporting, professional, personal, or day-to-day spheres of his life. When I was studying to be a Barrister, at The King's Inns, I was elected Auditor of the Debating Society. I established the first law symposium held there, in February, 2004; Sir Anthony generously sent 500 euro to help fund the law symposium, which proved a marvellous success. "When beggars die there are no comets seen; the heavens themselves blaze forth the death of princes", so wrote William Shakespeare; on the eve of Sir Anthony's death, the Northern Lights blazed across Ireland, visible across the island. Sir Anthony also died during the 'corridor' of the April eclipse & the comet. Truly, a great prince among men has died. On Thursday, by Lough Finn, in Donegal (where in 597 AD, two men saw the sign given in the skies for the death of St Columba of Iona), I heard the premonition sound of the 'felling of a mighty oak' - and I knew, a great personage was to die soon...that was, Sir Anthony. May the Lord grant him the 'crown of righteousness' in Paradise. My sympathy to his family.
    — Prince Eunan of Tyrconnell, Ardara, Donegal

May Sir Anthony rest in God's peace. My sympathy to his family.

While attending a dance in St Mary's Hall, Dunkineely, in County Donegal, in 1959, I
    spotted the young Tony O'Reilly, recently returned from The Lions Tour; he was
    accompanied by the McDevitts of Glenties, who were school friends of his, at Belvedere. As a rugby & sporting enthusiast, I was the first to spot him; and we got chatting. Eventually, a great crowd gathered around, as like Odysseus, he regaled and enthralled us, of his rugby odyssey & mighty successes. I was delighted to read of his magnificent
    business successes in the years that followed.
    Sir Anthony, is in the 'pantheon' of the truly great Irishmen.

& his wife, Mary, Princess of Tyrconnell.
    — Edward, Prince of Tyrconnell, Ardara, Donegal

Leave a comment:

replied
    He's actually surprisingly good at communicating. He doesn't have some big powerful voice, but it feels more believable as a result.

My one story about Simon Harris is that about a decade ago I was speaking at some Financial Compliance Annual Conference and the speaker before was Simon Harris, at the time starting in his first junior ministry in some sub-finance role. Think he was quite unknown at the time. But jesus the conference organisers were in bits over him - said they'd been running that conference for ages and no minister had ever shown the slightest inkling of knowledge of what they did, but Simon turns up and seemed to have read up so well on the thing that they almost collapsed with the shock. Stuck with me that he had gone to that effort for something so minor in the grand scheme of things.

Leave a comment:

• Degag
    replied

This, plus the giveaway budget that's coming, plus the voter backlash against SF on immigration, plus the shiny new face factor is putting Harris and FG in a good place for the GE.

Been an impressive start by him. Let's see if he can keep it up.
    He’s a very eloquent and concise communicator to be fair.

Leave a comment:

replied
    A brief microsecond watching that picture where I was thinking - fucking hell, laz met Greg Davies.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Dosas are just an amazing foodstuff.

Going to Andhra Bhavan tomorrow, which has a ridic dosa menu: https://www.andhrabhavan.ie/menu

I think they are very good. As in, my Indian friend I'm going with is excited, which suggests we're on to a winner.

Leave a comment:

• Hectorjelly
    replied
    There are three tremendous films on in the cinema at the moment, I rank them all 4 stars, but from best to worst: Love Lies Bleeding, La Chimera, Challengers

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    Harris statement
    5,052 likes, 310 comments - simonharristd on May 22, 2024: "Today Ireland recognises the State of Palestine. My statement here".

This, plus the giveaway budget that's coming, plus the voter backlash against SF on immigration, plus the shiny new face factor is putting Harris and FG in a good place for the GE.

Been an impressive start by him. Let's see if he can keep it up.

Leave a comment:

• AndyFatBastard
    replied
    LIMITED EDITION 7-INCH VINYL - PREORDER NOWhttps://www.amylandthesniffers.comSTREAM https://amylats.ffm.to/usnbdtFeaturing Amy Taylor, Bryce Wilson, Declan M...

Leave a comment:

• Hectorjelly
    replied
    Originally posted by Opr View Post

this guy gets dumber every time I hear from him. must be the worm

Leave a comment:

• DeadParrot
    replied
    Harris statement
    4,974 likes, 305 comments - simonharristd on May 22, 2024: "Today Ireland recognises the State of Palestine. My statement here".

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Ireland being uncharacteristically bold and taking the EU lead on recognizing Palestine as a state today. Israel has withdrawn its ambassador in a huff. Hopefully others follow our lead.

Given that the two state solution is the only game in town, this is a logical thing to do. The problem is that neither side in Palestine or Israel has any interest in compromise.

Leave a comment:

• dobby
    replied
    Speaking of Perms, I was in town earlier , Scousers everywhere, whats on ?
    Europa League final tomorrow night in the Aviva that they assumed they'd qualify for before being spanked by Atalanta. Probably had flights and stuff booked so came over anyway.

Leverkusen looking to remain unbeaten this season if they win it.

Leave a comment:

• Solksjaer!
    replied
    Speaking of Perms, I was in town earlier , Scousers everywhere, whats on ?

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied

Are you looking younger or is Laz looking older?
    He's deffo turning into his Da, he should let the hair grow out and get a perm

Leave a comment:

• Micknail
    replied
    Is that thumb photoshopped??

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied

Are you looking younger or is Laz looking older?
    Well I did tell him he was looking younger ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Denny Crane
    replied

Wet road causes rain. The guy has it all backwards.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Went to the food counter in Eurasia in fonthill for a masala dosa at lunchtime today, and almost walked out with a set of automated blinds

Top class lunch and you'd never know who you'd bump into

PXL_20240521_132722533.jpg
    Are you looking younger or is Laz looking older? ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Opr
    replied
    Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

The world has become a truly scary place.

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    Went to the food counter in Eurasia in fonthill for a masala dosa at lunchtime today, and almost walked out with a set of automated blinds

Top class lunch and you'd never know who you'd bump into

PXL_20240521_132722533.jpg

​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• oleras
    replied
    Get fucked MS.

Showed that to the wife, she asked me if i think they sell all that info to the government?... I laughed, she laughed...Alexa laughed...

Leave a comment:

• zuutroy
    replied
    Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
    Don’t flight radars a 24 show the altitudes they’d show it surely?
    Yea FR has the full track, but wouldnt be sensitive enough to the time and altitude scales over which severe turbulence does its damage.

Leave a comment:

• zuutroy
    replied

What did happen (in non-pilot layman terms)?
    Newtons first law happened! Plane drops suddenly, person takes a moment to catch up, but by this time has broken their neck on an overhead bin. This happens over 10s of feet though, not thousands.

Leave a comment:

• Solksjaer!
    replied

People defecated in their britches .

Leave a comment:

• Goodluck2me
    replied

The roof of the plane was falling faster than the people!
    That’s not that dangerous, it’s when the floor falls much slower than the people that the issues start

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

More likely something falling on them rather than pure turbulence injury I would have thought?
    The roof of the plane was falling faster than the people!

Leave a comment:

• Goodluck2me
    replied
    Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

According to RTE: "the aircraft sharply dropped from an altitude of around 37,000 feet to 31,000 feet within just five minutes". Totally normal rate of descent that was just part of their diversion into Bangkok. Clueless reporting.
    Don’t flight radars a 24 show the altitudes they’d show it surely?

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

According to RTE: "the aircraft sharply dropped from an altitude of around 37,000 feet to 31,000 feet within just five minutes". Totally normal rate of descent that was just part of their diversion into Bangkok. Clueless reporting.

Leave a comment:

• zuutroy
    replied
    This turbulence story seems enough proof to always keep the safety belts on while seated.

Must have been a grim flight after that happened and before the landing, picking up the dead and the injured.

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/...077557929.html

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied

They are launching models that are literally changing how the world works, which would make them a weird form of dysfunctional.
    You're confusing what they do (great! amazing!) with how they do it (complete shitshow with Altman being fired/rehired, Microsoft in/out, board members being all over the map, key founders quitting etc).

Leave a comment:

• Opr
    replied
    Get fucked MS.

Leave a comment:

• DeadParrot
    replied
    This turbulence story seems enough proof to always keep the safety belts on while seated.

Must have been a grim flight after that happened and before the landing, picking up the dead and the injured.

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/...077557929.html
    More likely something falling on them rather than pure turbulence injury I would have thought?

Leave a comment:

replied

Singapore Airlines has confirmed there were four Irish passengers on board its terrifying flight from London which was forced to make an emergency landing in Bangkok due to severe turbulence.

Leave a comment:

replied

You only have to look at their boardroom shenanigans to realize they are totally dysfunctional!
    They are launching models that are literally changing how the world works, which would make them a weird form of dysfunctional.

Leave a comment:

• Solksjaer!
    replied

Rubber balls?
    Got me thinking of 10cc Rubber bullets and now its my background album for the morning. . The dean and I was one of my uncles party pieces . About all yer heads no doubt . Insert Granpa Simspson pic.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied

Another new concerning study in this published this week
    Rubber balls?

Leave a comment:

• Dice75
    replied
    I see Aer Lingus starting direct to Vegas later in the year

Leave a comment:

• Opr
    replied
    Interesting segment on this weeks all in pod about microplastics which are now being referred to as nano plastics due to new imagining techniques that allow us to see far greater levels of them in things like bottled water. The health risks associated with them isn't clearly understood but we know they are a thing and they can travel to areas within the body which probably mean they aren't a good thing even being able to pass the blood brain barrier. Few links to recent articles here and here. I'd say its wise at this point to try at least minimise the food/drink you consume that uses plastic containers.

The researchers observed between 110,000 and 370,000 plastic fragments in each liter of water. Notably, 90% of these particles were nanoplastics, with the remaining 10% being microplastics.​

Nanoplastics are so tiny that, unlike microplastics, they can pass through the intestines and lungs directly into the bloodstream and travel from there to organs, including the heart and brain. They can invade individual cells and cross through the placenta to the bodies of unborn babies. Medical scientists are racing to study the possible effects on a wide variety of biological systems.​​

Edit - link to the study.
    Another new concerning study in this published this week.

Microplastics found in every human testicle in study | Plastics | The Guardian

The scientists tested 23 human testes, as well as 47 testes from pet dogs. They found microplastic pollution in every sample.
    “At the beginning, I doubted whether microplastics could penetrate the reproductive system,” said Prof Xiaozhong Yu, at the University of New Mexico in the US. “When I first received the results for dogs I was surprised. I was even more surprised when I received the results for humans.”

Leave a comment:

• Ed
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    OpenAI not doing themselves any favours with this voice business.

Surely when you're in their spot you'd do anything to avoid looking like megalomaniacs.
    On a positive note, they're ramping up hiring in Dublin and are apparently happy to splash the cash

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Surely when you're in their spot you'd do anything to avoid looking like megalomaniacs.
    You only have to look at their boardroom shenanigans to realize they are totally dysfunctional!

Leave a comment:

• Denny Crane
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    youd still have all the people who voted for netanyahu... - a voting base largely of russian extremists, which is odd as they're adorable at home.
    And the haredim, who are bonkers in a different way. The Russian emigrees are pretty secular.

Leave a comment:

replied
    youd still have all the people who voted for netanyahu... - a voting base largely of russian extremists, which is odd as they're adorable at home.

Leave a comment:

• balfejohn
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    Benjamin likes his official state visits - been to France, Italy, Germany, UK in the last year. I assume he won't be able to do that going forward as those countries are ICC signatories who would be obliged to arrest him? So pretty much stuck in Israel (or those countries RD3 listed) for the rest of his life. Not exactly a hardship admittedly. Not sure what would happen if his direct flight to Washington needed to make an emergency landing in Beauvais or Shannon.
    If the Iranians offered Adolf Netanyahu one of their choppers it might give a nice double across the boards in terms of deaths that make people break out in a wry smile and rid the world of another pain

Leave a comment:

replied
    Guys and Dolls tonight in London. What an occasion. There wasn't an unclapped hand in the audience. I was sat next to four elderly Americans who had a rather peculiar time as they would occassionally turn to each other to say elderly things like 'which one is this' or 'was that the one who ...', or at least I assume thats what they were going to say as there was an absolutely militant husher behind them. As soon as the first half a word was out of any of their mouths to sent out a hush that could be heard around the room. So much so that surely someone must have been tempted to hush his hushing.

The play itself was rather fascinating as they had an immersive stage, where the audience could follow the play around and it was played amongst them. I was up in the proper seats with the hushed, but it looked class. Almost like a cast of hundreds. Such a cool idea. You must absolutely add this to your next London sejour.

Leave a comment:

replied
    This is quite the read on Ivan Boesky, on the occasion of his passing. https://www.vanityfair.com/news/1993...-boesky-199301

Old Vanity Fair took absolutely no prisoners.

Leave a comment:

• Solksjaer!
    replied
    It is somewhat ironic that the the leader of a regime known for stoning people to death met his end by smashing into stone. Allah clearly has a sense of humour.
    The interner has ya covered .
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Opr
    replied
    Your ETH have always been worthless lumps of wishful thinking cobbled together on an amateur hour protocol, but now you know it

And still the market will buy these fake diamonds @ >$2600

Reality is irrelevant when the world is mostly populated by dumb marks with more money than sense.
    What a bargain those diamonds were only a week ago

Coming to a pension fund near you soon apparently.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X