But now it's just flushed down the loo.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
      There was an old man called Raoul,
      He cackled at being so cruel,
      His horse racing comp,
      Once had a big stomp,
      But now it's just flushed down the loo.
      Hope it's not English that you do be teaching.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Hope it's not English that you do be teaching.
        Nah, I struggle to teach the subjects I have a degree in

Nice to see the entry touched a nerve anyway, current leader imo

Comment

There once was a teacher called Dob
          Who was a far cry from your typical Yob
          English wasn’t his Forte
          And while we’re not expecting him Hemingway
          Thankfully rhyming is not part of his job.​

Comment

Standards definitely improving.

Comment

Our Connor could fly up the hill, was like he’d taken a pill,
              We he got slightly older , Gab went and sold her
              And rubbed titties with the dollar bills

Comment

A former IPBer not into this horse racing Comp
                Decided hotel poker was more his pomp
                Not long after being busted
                Two brassers to hurt him he entrusted
                And up his ass the hot hair straightener did stomp

Comment

To Explain.
                  Mystery Guess a Rugby detractor, and considered an over reactor,

Got bent over a bannister,
                  by two men from Lenister,
                  he got buggered by Ruggers in his backdor

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                    A former IPBer not into this horse racing Comp
                    Decided hotel poker was more his pomp
                    Not long after being busted
                    Two brassers to hurt him he entrusted
                    And up his ass the hot hair straightener did stomp

This feels more like a confession than an attempt to win the prize
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'm not in the comp but these are fun. I put Dobby in the lead.

Kayroo the right honourable was reposing,
                      A rest after his court Juxtaposing,
                      He’d roared NO RECOURSE,
                      But his voice went quite ‘horse’
                      and forgot what it was he’s opposing

Comment

Hotspur was a bit of prophet
                        IPB’s own Scarlett Moffatt
                        Rarely was fazed
                        And always well phrased
                        His advice was rarely to scoff at​

Comment

There once was a man we'll call Brown
                          In his head, a big wig of renown
                          With a holiday retreat
                          In the west, so sweet
                          But in truth his bet on a horse let him down!

Comment

There once was a guest full of mystery
                            Who swore he disliked horse racing and its history
                            He'd complain 'bout each thing
                            But no ears did it bring
                            While he talked himself into a flutter

Comment

This is promising.

Comment

Any Office fans . Yer man who played big Keith died. Big fellow . What are the options again ?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

This feels more like a confession than an attempt to win the prize
                                  Clue is in the second word

Comment

Jennies Jewel pushed and out with a wail
                                    came a no legged filly named Sinn Fail.
                                    Unable to neither gallop nor to trot,
                                    if she escaped her horse box,
                                    To find her you could follow the trail.​
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Tesla rolled out FSD update to select people last night. It looks very impressive!

There is a part in the video when the guy does a u-turn which apparently the car couldn't do prior to the updates. A Tesla rep claims they didn't train this but is an emergent behaviour, wtf? I mean, yeah chat models, alright lets see what they can do but not sure we want self driving cars developing emergent behaviour as we use them

Comment

There was a young horse called our Conor
                                        who unfortunately now is a goner
                                        with every year passes
                                        we still raise our glasses
                                        And remember him with this comp in his honour

Comment

On a last minute getaway trip,
                                          having botoxed and plumped up her lips.
                                          said SatNav to her beau
                                          When I say stop it means go
                                          and as a mare, I quite like the whip​
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Heres the tale of the man they call rigger
                                            who attempted to increase his vigor
                                            how he did it might shock
                                            he tied weights to his cock
                                            in the belief it would make his knob bigger

Comment

Sticking this up Raoul won’t see it as he’s a snowflake

On IPB there is a large cohort
                                              Who think that rugbys a legitimate sport
                                              Even though world wide it’s played by fuck all
                                              And the Vodafone greens sing the dirge Ireland call
                                              they don’t listen to sense or withdraw their support​

have a few spicier ones to be released if people post anymore of their sick rape fantasies
                                              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

This is the bit I find interesting...have there been any studies yet I wonder on what happens if, for example, 20/30/40/50% of mid-high paying jobs are AI-d out of existence in the next 5-10 year. What are the implications for tax raising potential, social services, infrastructural projects and, importantly, security.

If all the jobs go, and no one has any money... what does that REALLY look like?

Does it happen so fast we can't stop it?

Can we stop it but are paralysed by indecision?

Who will consume AI products and services if no one has any money cos there are no jobs left?

Could this be a catalyst for an economic revolutions as big, if not bigger that, the invention of money? The industrial revolution?

Is it the end of capitalism and we need a new system to support human life on earth? How long would that revolution take and what would it look like?

Etc...
                                                Interestingly, Sam Altman wrote this blog post about the need for a new system back in 2021 which relates to many of those questions.

Moore's Law for Everything (samaltman.com)

Comment

Fair too many "nice" limericks here imo

Hitchhiker was once fond of a jar
                                                  causing him trouble at home and afar
                                                  having sown his wild oats
                                                  with fillys both fine and quite gross
                                                  his wife left, where was once testes, a scar

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

have a few spicier ones to be released if people post anymore of their sick rape fantasies
                                                    Mystery, it's not you fault, it's not your fault. IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT .

So glad to meet you Angelassss

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Oats....gross...

Still, on the right track.

Comment

Here's one I prepared earlier ..

There once was a man called Hunt
                                                        Who was fond of a Fitzwilliam punt
                                                        On the Punto bet Franko
                                                        He still did his tank though
                                                        The dealer of course was a cunt

Comment

Last line let’s u down , I guest it’s a mystery line

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Mystery, it's not you fault, it's not your fault. IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT .

So glad to meet you Angelassss
                                                            The poster Solksjaer is betimes called Willie
                                                            He constructs limericks both sublime and silly
                                                            Could he be great?
                                                            Is he the next Yeats?
                                                            Not while he wears girls blouses so frilly

Comment

The poster Solksjaer is betimes called Willie
                                                              He constructs limericks both sublime and silly
                                                              Could he be great?
                                                              Is he the next Yeats?
                                                              Not while he wears girls blouses so frilly
                                                              I do have an interest in girls blouses

Comment

I prompted multiple generative AI models with "Write a funny limerick about an Artificial Intelligence aficionado who's name is 'Opr'".

The results were brutal. Still a good way to go. The limerick should the Turing test for our age.
                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

AI update: Got another one of these on my desk this morning. Turns out I had written a summary in the free text fields of the source material but had forgotten to update the specific fields the AI takes it's data from. "Garbage in, garbage out" is always going to be a thing and people aren't going away (yet).
                                                                  Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 22-02-24, 09:07.
                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Our hero, while longing for l'amour
                                                                    Hired a brasser at the price of a score
                                                                    She rode him all night
                                                                    On his chest, curled a shite
                                                                    14 wombats, he rated, the hoar
                                                                    Last edited by DeadParrot; 22-02-24, 09:16.

Comment

At Naas racecourse, suite 164,
                                                                      A dead hooker was found on the floor.
                                                                      The police examining the scene,
                                                                      found the area quite clean
                                                                      apart from a note, signed in blood, OPR

Comment

With a feeling of incomprenible dread
                                                                        with bright feathers still showering his head
                                                                        Denny awoke from his jag
                                                                        Special K, speed and skag
                                                                        he had fucked that poor parrot, now dead​
                                                                        Last edited by DeadParrot; 22-02-24, 10:05.

Comment

With a feeling of incomprenible dread
                                                                          with bright feathers still showering his head
                                                                          Denny awoke from his jag
                                                                          Special K, speed and skag
                                                                          he had fucked that poor parrot till it was dead​
                                                                          disturbing

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

ha, thats brilliant. (and also the reason why I keep testes safe (in a jar)).
                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

disturbing
                                                                                Agreed, adjusted to fit cadence

Comment

Hector Jelly , was running in Puerto Vallarta,
                                                                                  He got caught in the Jacks and was then a non starter,
                                                                                  To save himself face, he withdrew from the race,
                                                                                  Mexican Food Equals a nervous farter

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                    .

Anyone who suggests that platypuses​* are not natures Frankenstein needs jabs back their zoo annual pass.
                                                                                    Venomous, no stomach, no teeth.
                                                                                    Lay eggs, nurse young with milk despite no nipples. Monotremes, meaning one hole. The first stuffed one brought back to Europe was assumed to be a hoax

Comment

When loot at the races, won Hitch,
                                                                                      He felt that familiar itch,
                                                                                      ”I’m not really fussy.
                                                                                      but fond of black pussy”,
                                                                                      Fille noire, his loot did enrich

Comment

An Antipodean bisexual called Mellor
                                                                                        Enthusiastically rode both sheilas and fellas
                                                                                        But the most ecstatic joy
                                                                                        For this priapic boy
                                                                                        Was to bugger himself with an umbrella

Comment

There once was a big city banker
                                                                                          A well known horse industry wanker
                                                                                          Did he rent out his account
                                                                                          For a large cash amount?
                                                                                          I don’t know but it led to some rancour
                                                                                          Last edited by MysteryGuest; 22-02-24, 13:13. Reason: Correcting my homework for strewel
                                                                                          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Tickets for Tim Dillon at Vicar Street are on presale. Code 'fakebiz'. https://www.ticketmaster.ie/tim-dill...00604C85B12334
                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

It's 'Rancour', you'd expect that you of all people would know that
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                Tickets for Tim Dillon at Vicar Street are on presale. Code 'fakebiz'. https://www.ticketmaster.ie/tim-dill...00604C85B12334
                                                                                                Booked Tuesday With Morries for April. I was referring to the book during my mothers illness . We all had a day of the week with her . Mine was Thursdays with Peggy .

This was not a Limerick

Comment

There was a poster on IPB named Roaul
                                                                                                  Citizens from outside the pale he likes to ridicule
                                                                                                  A culchie pissing in a pub jacks
                                                                                                  Thinks there goes Roaul dukes Tax
                                                                                                  Now shut up and keep funding me fool​

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                    Any Office fans . Yer man who played big Keith died. Big fellow . What are the options again ?
                                                                                                    Eczema was it?

Comment

Lazare arose from the dead
                                                                                                      Admiring views from a Killiney bed
                                                                                                      He finished erecting his blinds
                                                                                                      But not before he enshrined
                                                                                                      His park run number on the garden shed​

Comment

There, posted a Mystery Guest,
                                                                                                        Displeasures to get off his chest,
                                                                                                        Aimed at climate and racing, and auditor debasing,
                                                                                                        But for rugby he oft’ saves his best.

Comment

Speaking of rugby- lots of hand wringing and gnashing of teeth from rugby pundits about the funeral home like atmosphere in landsdowne road for 6 nations games
                                                                                                          poor spoiled lads on corporate jollies being blamed but they are all missing the fact that atmosphere in sport is directly related to stakes and there is almost never anything at stake in sisuch a shallow uncompetitive competition.

must really be getting to them that these days there’s a better atmosphere at your average LOI game

Comment

Speaking of rugby- lots of hand wringing and gnashing of teeth from rugby pundits about the funeral home like atmosphere in landsdowne road for 6 nations games
                                                                                                            poor spoiled lads on corporate jollies being blamed but they are all missing the fact that atmosphere in sport is directly related to stakes and there is almost never anything at stake in sisuch a shallow uncompetitive competition.\

must really be getting to them that these days there’s a better atmosphere at your average LOI game
                                                                                                            More a reflection of how good Ireland are, as a season ticket holder for the soccer I’m not sure it’s a great comparison. Outside of Portugal a couple years back its been dead there for years

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

More a reflection of how good Ireland are, as a season ticket holder for the soccer I’m not sure it’s a great comparison. Outside of Portugal a couple years back its been dead there for years
                                                                                                              Was referring to league of Ireland games, that’s where the cool kids getting their sporting fix now

Comment

Google is buying all of reddit data for 60m a year to train its models. I think it might be worth you guys approaching one of the pension chat bot companies to see how much they would pay for IPB BBV data.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                  Google is buying all of reddit data for 60m a year to train its models. I think it might be worth you guys approaching one of the pension chat bot companies to see how much they would pay for IPB BBV data.
                                                                                                                  I think our limerick IP must be worth at least twice that.

Comment

Given at least half of them dont even have the right meter, I wouldn't be so sure!

Comment

On IPB we have a Guest
                                                                                                                      Who likes to get things off his chest
                                                                                                                      The only mystery that does appear
                                                                                                                      Is why most IPBers laugh rather than fear
                                                                                                                      Do any of you find that Queer ah heyor

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                        Given at least half of them dont even have the right meter, I wouldn't be so sure!
                                                                                                                        There was a deviant professor called Zuut
                                                                                                                        Who trained a monkey to suck on his flute
                                                                                                                        That poor innocent chimp
                                                                                                                        Who was Zuutroy's gimp
                                                                                                                        Eventually bit it off at the root

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Anyone who suggests that platypuses​* are not natures Frankenstein needs jabs back their zoo annual pass.
                                                                                                                          Venomous, no stomach, no teeth.
                                                                                                                          Lay eggs, nurse young with milk despite no nipples. Monotremes, meaning one hole. The first stuffed one brought back to Europe was assumed to be a hoax

Doesn't even ryhme!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X