• Show
Clear All

DP, ship your missus' deets, wp Poble
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Also to me please
      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
        Who was the fella reading out the irish scores?
        He was the Rock and Roll Kid
        Rock and Roll was all he did...
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Brits tele vote gave 12 to Israel
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Dice r u game 1 winner
            if so send on the details and I’ll pay u up
            well done all

a bit of craic

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
              You have to vote for your paymasters

Comment

... we gave 10!...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post

... we gave 10!...
                  There's some seriously shady shit there.
                  Unless RDIII has a few thousand
                  ready to go burners
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                    DP ships game 2 with his "wifes" entry.

Austria and Norway bottom 2

She's demanding the money.
                    Not a hope I'll get the entry

Comment

There's some seriously shady shit there.
                      Unless RDIII has a few thousand
                      ready to go burners
                      I called it.

Comment

JamieCarra is having issues accessing his account.

DP, can you send me.payment details and I'll pass them onto him. Ty

Comment

Me too please!

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                            Dice r u game 1 winner
                            if so send on the details and I’ll pay u up
                            well done all

a bit of craic
                            Same

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                              Game 1.
                              Remember your 2 lowest scores are added, lowest overall total wins.
                              KK82, you drew Netherlands. I've swapped them for 2nd favourite Israel, you can have favourite Croatia if you prefer. Can decide until 9pm ish otherwise sticking with Israel.
                              Suspect you will be relying on your other 2 either way, good set of selections though, favourite imo.
                              Degag Ireland Cyprus Slovenia
                              Dice75 Finland Norway Estonia
                              luckforsome Italy Lithuania UK
                              oleras Greece Portugal Luxembourg
                              chadley France Serbia Latvia
                              Solksjaer Ukraine Armenia Austria
                              balfejohn Switzerland Sweden Spain
                              KK82 Netherlands (Israel) Georgia Germany
                              ​
                              AJ team change for Eurovision. Ukraine for Uk please.

Winner PM deets .

Comment

I called it.

Do u really think there's a chance there was such a boycott in Ireland that the headbanger's swayed it?

Comment

Do u really think there's a chance there was such a boycott in Ireland that the headbanger's swayed it?
                                  I did a reverse boycott, by watching it for the first time in more than 10 years (it's even worse than I remember), and voting twice for Israel. Still think Brambie was the far superior 'them' person.
                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Some scenes in Georgia tonight - Georgia: Thousands rally in protest at 'foreign influence' bill (bbc.com)​

Comment

Norway the golden ticket for both winners this year - a major underperformance by them from the #2 seeds grouping.
                                      Congrats to Dice and Poble. Will leave it up to the winners to chase and the non-winners to pay. Any ongoing issues send a PM to my assistant Icarus152

Comment

It's weird how you people don't understand how effective Jews are at being Jewish usually. They failed badly tonight. The facade is falling apart for them way more than they thought possible. Why did bookies think they were 3rd favs? Israel were at it.

Who won game one? Jew probably. Pm me.

Comment

Oh definitely.

I'm not sure if the actual numbers are published but I would guess that the pool of regular year on year Eurovision voters is relatively small. Maybe 50 - 80k people at an absolute stretch.

I would also assume that those that boycotted would tend to be Eurovision regs, invested in it and part of that usual voting block.

A good chunk of those superfans boycotting leaves a concentrated pro Israeli vote behind. Added to that the pro Israeli vote that wouldn't ordinarily tune in or vote.

Comment

opr, you'll like this.

My mate lives in Norway. He regularly shares pics on our WhatsApp group of the Aurora.

He posted up a fucking jaw dropping pic earlier. Said it was taken in Norway last night and shared with him. I screenshot it and posted to twitter.

It blew up immediately. It's at over 60k views at the moment.

Turns out (well based on the comments) that it's most likely AI..

Horse has bolted. Although I did do a quote tweet follow up.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                              Norway the golden ticket for both winners this year - a major underperformance by them from the #2 seeds grouping.
                                              Congrats to Dice and Poble. Will leave it up to the winners to chase and the non-winners to pay. Any ongoing issues send a PM to my assistant Icarus152
                                              Belly laugh at this comment on it...

Comment

Turns out (well based on the comments) that it's most likely AI..

Horse has bolted. Although I did do a quote tweet follow up.

I seen a story a few days back of photos being shared on socials of people at the Met Gala that never actually attended. Katy Pretty shared this story about a text from her Mum. Things are certainly going to get weird over the next few years.

Comment

Fell asleep just after Irish song, seems like i won at a canter, will send pm.

Comment

Belly laugh at this comment on it...

Deffo not AI. Remarkable colours

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Did we lose Hotspur to the monks?

Comment

Pms sent

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                            It's weird how you people don't understand how effective Jews are at being Jewish usually. They failed badly tonight. The facade is falling apart for them way more than they thought possible. Why did bookies think they were 3rd favs? Israel were at it.

Who won game one? Jew probably. Pm me.
                                                            A glorious return chadley
                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Went to Matsukaya in Smithfield yesterday, booked to celebrate the first contract going live in Company1. It's very much worth a visit. The guy is a genuine sushi master. Had not realised the intricacy of great sushi. Definite future Michelin imo.

Comment

We've wandered into some kind of procession, maybe a communion thing. It took 15 mins for the band to pass and it's still going.
                                                                Absolutely incredible to witness

Comment

I don't know what the fuck that was but it was amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                    If there's one thing we have learnt from kung fu movies it's to never piss off a Buddhist monk.
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Organising a parade for winning the Eurovision sweepstake is rubbing it in a lot. Have to respect her letting you know who the Eurovision alpha in the house is.

Comment

Something new coming tomorrow from Open AI tomorrow.

Comment

I don't know what the fuck that was but it was amazing
                                                                          Was it a Filipino community parade?

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                            Some scenes in Georgia tonight - Georgia: Thousands rally in protest at 'foreign influence' bill (bbc.com)​

Vlad fired Shoigu today, wouldn't be shocked if he's looking at a replacement sycophantic enough to open another front for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Vlad fired Shoigu today, wouldn't be shocked if he's looking at a replacement sycophantic enough to open another front for him.
                                                                              They already have Georgia in their back pocket (government bought and paid for).

Comment

Less than an hour out of Dublin and a different world. WhatsApp Image 2024-05-12 at 17.16.34_7395b317.jpg

Comment

Brittas Bay? Love the food in that pub where the wife tried to get the husband killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

They already have Georgia in their back pocket (government bought and paid for).
                                                                                    that government was democratically elected by the people. not that being democratically elected has stopped the US interfering in a country before - invariably US involvement in these things leads to chaos.

A ChatGPT summary of US involvement in another democratically elected system.

Context of the Cold War: During the Cold War, the U.S. adopted a policy of containing communism worldwide. This policy often involved intervening, either directly or covertly, in the political affairs of other nations, particularly in Latin America.

Election of Salvador Allende: In 1970, Salvador Allende, a Marxist, was elected President of Chile. Allende's platform included plans to nationalize major industries, including copper, which was of significant economic interest to the United States. His election alarmed both the U.S. government and American business interests.

U.S. Response and CIA Involvement: The U.S. government, particularly under President Nixon and his Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, authorized the CIA to prevent Allende from coming to or staying in power. This included a broad range of activities from funding opposition parties to economic sabotage. Documents declassified years later revealed that the CIA attempted to influence Chilean politics before and after Allende's election.

The 1973 Coup: On September 11, 1973, the Chilean military, led by General Augusto Pinochet, overthrew Allende's government in a violent coup. While direct U.S. involvement in the coup itself is not conclusively documented, the U.S. had established significant ties with anti-Allende elements within the country and had engaged in extensive efforts to destabilize Allende’s administration.

Aftermath and Support for Pinochet: Following the coup, the United States quickly recognized the Pinochet regime and provided it with economic and military aid. The Pinochet government implemented drastic market reforms and repressed political opposition violently, resulting in thousands of people being killed, disappeared, or tortured.

The U.S. involvement in Chile has been widely criticized both domestically and internationally for undermining democratic governance and supporting a regime that violated human rights on a massive scale. This involvement reflects the broader trends of U.S. foreign policy during the Cold War, where geopolitical concerns often took precedence over democratic principles.
                                                                                    ​

Comment

I see UCD students have boldly followed the lead of TCD students, with an encampment.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

that government was democratically elected by the people. not that being democratically elected has stopped the US interfering in a country before - invariably US involvement in these things leads to chaos.

A ChatGPT summary of US involvement in another democratically elected system.

That's quite the level of whataboutery for a Monday morning.

The elected Georgian government is operating under the instructions of the Mad Tsar in the Kremlin. The people are, understandably, unhappy with this and are protesting. Good summary here.

Comment

Brittas Bay? Love the food in that pub where the wife tried to get the husband killed.
                                                                                          It's about three beaches north of there, but there's no public road access so is always more or less deserted.

Comment

I see UCD students have boldly followed the lead of TCD students, with an encampment.
                                                                                            Surely, UCD should, as the sworn enemies of Trinners, bedeck themselves in Israeli flags and be lustily singing Dana International numbers?

Is it still a thing up North for competing Israeli\Palestinian flaggery between loyalist and republican areas?

Comment

Of course the big story of today is the 6pm press conference from OpenAI. Online speculation is that we will experience the launch of a personal assistant that can reliably carry out tasks for us (book this thing, organise that thing) through voice activation - a superpowered Siri/Alexa, if you will.

The biggest unknown is whether they launch an updated GPT4 model - e.g. GPT4.5, or even something smaller like GPT 4.2 - a definitive, but much more incremental improvement over current intelligence.

They've turned it into a big deal so it will probably be something substantial.

I suspect history will only record events like this, and not Gaza, or maybe not even poor Ukraine, when it is recording the events of this time period. We are seeing the unfolding of the building blocks of a fully new society with each incremental jump in artificial intelligence. Eventually this tech will allow 100s of millions to be cured of diseases that were previously uncurable, we'll make massive new scientific leaps that unlock things like mass space travel and endless new tech ideas, and a complete shift in how we consider learning and work.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                Something new coming tomorrow from Open AI tomorrow.

ah!

Comment

That's quite the level of whataboutery for a Monday morning.

The elected Georgian government is operating under the instructions of the Mad Tsar in the Kremlin. The people are, understandably, unhappy with this and are protesting. Good summary here.
                                                                                                  The US has a very long history of interfering in Georgian politics, as does Russia obv. Even going as far as to install their stooge, Shashavilli, in power in the early 2010s. They are definitely involved in this. Just as they were involved in overthrowing the Ukrainian president back in the day. I'm merely pointing out that usually when the US is involved, it ends in chaos.

Edit: We can consider it mutually accepted that the russians are the bad guys - I'm just pointing out that the US tend to be the incompetent guys, so its not going to end well when those two forces compete in the hothead environment of georgia.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 13-05-24, 09:23.

Comment

Surely, UCD should, as the sworn enemies of Trinners, bedeck themselves in Israeli flags and be lustily singing Dana International numbers?

Is it still a thing up North for competing Israeli\Palestinian flaggery between loyalist and republican areas?
                                                                                                    it is indeed.

my vague understanding is that the main difference between ucd and trinity these days is that, where the student has a choice in the matter, the more studious type chooses trinity and the more rich type chooses ucd.

Comment

It's about three beaches north of there, but there's no public road access so is always more or less deserted.
                                                                                                      One of my favourite places. My parents were friends with the folks who owned the big white house that backed onto the beach in the 80s/90s so spent a ton of time there. Was there recently and access was a little more challenging

Comment

What about the Ralph Wiggum of Dublin universities?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

One of my favourite places. My parents were friends with the folks who owned the big white house that backed onto the beach in the 80s/90s so spent a ton of time there. Was there recently and access was a little more challenging
                                                                                                          That house is where we stayed on Saturday night. It was my friends 50th and he had about 25 people there. With a couple of tents, everyone fitted great.

Comment

my vague understanding is that the main difference between ucd and trinity these days is that, where the student has a choice in the matter, the more studious type chooses trinity and the more rich type chooses ucd.
                                                                                                            Isn't that a reversal of the historical standard? Certainly back in the 90s anyway when I was occasionally gracing the UCD campus with my presence.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

What about the Ralph Wiggum of Dublin universities?
                                                                                                              Not really worth talking about, is it?

Comment

That house is where we stayed on Saturday night. It was my friends 50th and he had about 25 people there. With a couple of tents, everyone fitted great.
                                                                                                                Was it a rental or does he own it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

Was it a rental or does he own it?
                                                                                                                  They always went there as a family - they definitely don't own it but have some kind of close relationship with the family that does. They generally stayed in the other house, which you will also know.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                    Nope, got back into the country this morning, if somewhat reluctantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Was it a Filipino community parade?

Comment

Isn't that a reversal of the historical standard? Certainly back in the 90s anyway when I was occasionally gracing the UCD campus with my presence.
                                                                                                                        I think thats the situation anyway. Theres definitely more moneyed kids in UCD these days 'doing commerce', while TCD is almost exclusively the domain of the nerds and the geeks due to the explosion of points. What is kinda interesting is the amount of rich kids *choosing* UCD over Trinity because of wanting to hang around with their other rich friends. Its essentially a continuation of the friend relationships from secondary.

Comment

Trying to get used to the idea of these daily standups, now we have a team of five of us including three full time (but junior) devs. It seems to involve mainly confirming that people have worked hard yesterday and will endeavour to work even harder today. Is this all that management is?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X