X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Made a return visit to La Gordita last night, confirmed as still being excellent. Recommended.
      Michelin inspectors clearly lurking on the BBV as they just got awarded a Bib Gourmand.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Michelin inspectors clearly lurking on the BBV as they just got awarded a Bib Gourmand.
        Not surprised, place is just quality. That sole on the bone, wow!

Comment

Seems likely there will be a prolonged ceasefire and return of Israeli hostages shortly.

Obviously the question then is 'and then what?' Assuming Hamas still rule Gaza, it's hard to see any progress towards a long term solution. They'll start another war once they replenish their weaponry.

But again, launching a war against Israel.is demonstrably counter-productive. Hence why Egypt and Jordan decided never to make that mistake again.

So why wouldn't Hamas learn from all these failed wars and try something different? You seem to be fatalistically accepting that nothing will change. Where is the Palestinian Mandela?

A two state solution is the only answer. Hamas can't deliver that on their own. They need Israel to agree and to allow it. As recently as this weekend, Netyanahu ruled out the option of a two state solution for the the umpteenth time.

When you are being told consistently that you will not be allowed have your own country, on land that was yours and no amount of talking makes any difference, people make choices and decisions that people who live in a free, democratic, functioning society can't usually comprehend.

Until a two state future is agreed upon by all parties, nothing will change. When (If) it is agreed, it will take time, faith, courage, trust and conviction (even when the process will inevitably take a few steps backwards) to continue down the path to secure a long lasting peaceful future.
          Last edited by Lao Lao; 29-01-24, 13:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            Swapping looking for houses on a Saturday morning for, looking for couches on a Saturday morning.

Congrats! Where did you buy in the end?

We've bought from the Sofa Room on Lesson St. It's only due to arrive in 2nd week of March so will save full judgement until then, however, while they don't have the same range as a DFS or Harvey Norman or the likes, the owner Glenna is brilliant. She really knows her stuff, couldn't recommend her enough and the prices aren't too bad. Think people think size of shop/location will mean it will be extremely expensive but we feel like we got a good deal.​

Comment

We moved into the new gaff yesterday, well we moved 90% of our stuff in and we stayed there last night, on a blow up mattress as we made a balls on the sizing of our new mattress and it wouldn't fit in. I can't explain the stress that this caused as it totally threw our plans out. The house isn't completely finished, we have fuck all furniture and their is boxes everywhere but we're in, it's ours (well the bank really owns it I guess) and we'll manage for the next few months while we sort everything out!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

We've bought from the Sofa Room on Lesson St. It's only due to arrive in 2nd week of March so will save full judgement until then, however, while they don't have the same range as a DFS or Harvey Norman or the likes, the owner Glenna is brilliant. She really knows her stuff, couldn't recommend her enough and the prices aren't too bad. Think people think size of shop/location will mean it will be extremely expensive but we feel like we got a good deal.​
                We just bought a sofa online from Kave - saw them in Arnotts and saved the guts of a grand by ordering direct.

Arrived today after being ordered 2 weeks ago.
                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

We just bought a sofa online from Kave - saw them in Arnotts and saved the guts of a grand by ordering direct.

That's an impressive turnaround for furniture!

Comment

A two state solution is the only answer. Hamas can't deliver that on their own. They need Israel to agree and to allow it. As recently as this weekend, Netyanahu ruled out the option of a two state solution for the the umpteenth time.

When you are being told consistently that you will not be allowed have your own country, on land that was yours and no amount of talking makes any difference, people make choices and decisions that people who live in a free, democratic, functioning society can't usually comprehend.

Until a two state future is agreed upon by all parties, nothing will change. When (If) it is agreed, it will take time, faith, courage, trust and conviction (even when the process will inevitably take a few steps backwards) to continue down the path to secure a long lasting peaceful future.
                    You do get that neither side is currently signed up to a two state solution?

Israel has one thing right here; Hamas needs to be eliminated from the equation. If that can be done (ideally in tandem with reducing the malign influence of Iran throughout the region) - and a centrist Israeli government replaces Netanyahu's rabble - then, with heavyweight international backing, there might be a sliver of a chance. But a very small one - that's the realpolitik.

Comment

We moved into the new gaff yesterday, well we moved 90% of our stuff in and we stayed there last night, on a blow up mattress as we made a balls on the sizing of our new mattress and it wouldn't fit in. I can't explain the stress that this caused as it totally threw our plans out. The house isn't completely finished, we have fuck all furniture and their is boxes everywhere but we're in, it's ours (well the bank really owns it I guess) and we'll manage for the next few months while we sort everything out!
                      Finally Mortgage free next month (i think), thank fuck.

Comment

Israel has one thing right here; Hamas needs to be eliminated from the equation. If that can be done (ideally in tandem with reducing the malign influence of Iran throughout the region) - and a centrist Israeli government replaces Netanyahu's rabble - then, with heavyweight international backing, there might be a sliver of a chance. But a very small one - that's the realpolitik.
                        Might it be a bit easier if American Britain and Russia stayed out of other countries affairs that the world might be a better place as most of their meddling is the cause of most of the troubles

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Finally Mortgage free next month (i think), thank fuck.
                          What a time! In theory that day could come for me in about 6 years time, but likely to be around 10-13 years in reality. It'll be a happy time if I'm alive to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

Might it be a bit easier if American Britain and Russia stayed out of other countries affairs that the world might be a better place as most of their meddling is the cause of most of the troubles
                            can't we blame those nasty colonisers the Egyptians, Persians Romans and Ottomans too?

Comment

can't we blame those nasty colonisers the Egyptians, Persians Romans and Ottomans too?
                              We can if we want to keep going backwards all the time
                              The above were mentioned based on our troubles now and going forward
                              As we know history will always be remembered

Comment

Hamas cannot be eliminated using bombs and guns, that just fuels another generation of freedom fighters/terrorists (depends on which side you are looking at it from)

What eliminates Hamas is peace and freedom, having your own country, a stable country with a properly functioning government and economy.

If Israel signs up to a two state solution, Palestine/Hamas will agree to it in a heart beat.

Then the real work starts but Israel has to make the first move.

Comment

Hamas cannot be eliminated using bombs and guns, that just fuels another generation of freedom fighters/terrorists (depends on which side you are looking at it from)

What eliminates Hamas is peace and freedom, having your own country, a stable country with a properly functioning government and economy.

If Israel signs up to a two state solution, Palestine/Hamas will agree to it in a heart beat.

Then the real work starts but Israel has to make the first move.
                                  Didn't Hamas basically kibosh that in the 90's when Arafat and Sharon (I think) were close to this type of deal under Clinton?

Comment

That seems incredibly idealistic given that (a) Hamas's entire ideology is based on murdering every Jew in the state of Israel and (b), the Palestinians already collapsed the two state solution under Arafat.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Didn't Hamas basically kibosh that in the 90's when Arafat and Sharon (I think) were close to this type of deal under Clinton?
                                      Arafat and Rabin. Sharon came later.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Definitely worth shopping around. I got a grand off my Tempur mattress, and rang so many shops but got my Fama sofa down from €4.8k to €3.5k and one annoyed store owner that his daughter had agreed to it. Three people could sleep on this thing, best couch I've ever been on, love it. They also send you a sweet €200 blanket if you send in a pic of you using it. We use that thing every day. Kenneth Hodgins are a great store btw, great service.
                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 29-01-24, 19:38.

Comment

No, Rabin was murdered by a Jewish terrorist.

That terrorist was responding to a ralllying call by guess who, Bibi Netanyahu from opposition benches. He came to power right after and kiboshed Oslo.
                                          Last edited by Lazare; 29-01-24, 19:43.
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Hamas were also trying to kibosh it too btw. Their brutal suicide bombing campaign in the mid/late 90s had that aim.

Comment

JPs new schedule

Comment

D8, going full hipster.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Definitely worth shopping around. I got a grand off my Tempur mattress, and rang so many shops but got my Fama sofa down from €4.8k to €3.5k and one annoyed store owner that his daughter had agreed to it. Three people could sleep on this thing, best couch I've ever been on, love it. They also send you a sweet €200 blanket if you send in a pic of you using it. We use that thing every day. Kenneth Hodgins are a great store btw, great service.

​I was walking around places like that wondering who's buying 5k-7k+ couches, but maybe I'm the odd one out

Tried a Tempur, probably one of the softer ones, and it was like lying on quicksand. Will have to go for pocket springs. It's a pity johnryanbydesign doesn't deliver to Ireland since Brexit.

Comment

I was the same but with 20k couches, I figure there is a sweet spot with quality of a few grand and you'll be sitting on it for a decade.

Unless it's the firmest Tempur's I don't like them. Sensation luxe is the one I have.

Comment

RTE reporting on RTE never gets old.

Comment

hotspur sent ya a pm
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

That seems incredibly idealistic given that (a) Hamas's entire ideology is based on murdering every Jew in the state of Israel and (b), the Palestinians already collapsed the two state solution under Arafat.
                                                        This happened about 30 years ago?

Our own government elect in waiting wanted to kill the Queen round about the same time but yet they were sitting down with her for their tea only a few years ago.

How did that happen? Was it through the continued bombing and killing of each other or did they stop that malarkey and start talking about a road to possible self determination?

In these cases, the larger force (Britan/Israel) has to make the first move.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

D8, going full hipster.

​I was walking around places like that wondering who's buying 5k-7k+ couches, but maybe I'm the odd one out

Tried a Tempur, probably one of the softer ones, and it was like lying on quicksand. Will have to go for pocket springs. It's a pity johnryanbydesign doesn't deliver to Ireland since Brexit.
                                                          We looked at a few places in D8 but mainly Portobello and got outbid on a few.

Think our couch was around 2800 (That was with a 20% discount as the owner told us to wait until after Christmas to buy when her sale kicked in)

Comment

Watching the Afcon and the sheer passion and heartbreak in the matches is nice to see in comparison to players like Marcus Rashford who i bet would not give a fk win or lose. . He currently earns 350k a week , let that sink in and his privileged nonchalant arse behaviour is disgusting. Utd are a shambles tolerating this dickhead for so long.

Comment

Nice to see how the other half live think we spent about 7 in total on all the furniture for our place.

Last year our total spend was a little over 27.

Specifically on health care (per recent conversation) we pay 2.4 for us both and includes pretty much everything including gps, physio, dental etc.
                                                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                Watching the Afcon and the sheer passion and heartbreak in the matches is nice to see in comparison to players like Marcus Rashford who i bet would not give a fk win or lose. . He currently earns 350k a week , let that sink in and his privileged nonchalant arse behaviour is disgusting. Utd are a shambles tolerating this dickhead for so long.
                                                                Definitely the best Afcon I can recall - good stadiums, decent crowds (by previous standards), for the first time there seems to be good travelling away support, very few 0-0s. Also been very unpredictable with Nigeria and Morocco the only ones of the old-guard still standing. Also hit a sweet spot TV wise being on through two rounds of the FA Cup and the split EPL weekend.

Comment

It’s a job mate for 90%+ of people doing a job they are only there for the money. His job happens to be playing football but that doesn’t mean that he enjoys it or is passionate about it.

there’s definitely a nasty undercurrent behind the uk media obsession with him, it used to be Sterling as a target but then he got ‘all uppity’ (their thoughts, not mine) and had the gall to try and instigate change for underprivileged kids and he’s had a target on his back ever since.

If the rumours of him playing for 6+ months with a fractured back and painkillers at Solksjaers request are true then it’s hardly a surprise that he has fallen out of love with the game.

sure, I want the entire team to want to run through a brick wall, but the reality is that most people are just doing a job and the majority of people are selfish and self-serving.

completely agree that the entire club is a joke at this point but hopeful that maybe INEOS can start to change the culture around. Still likely to be 3-5 years before those changes bear any fruit. Until then we have to put up with the legacy of greed and entitlement delivered from the top down.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

It’s a job mate for 90%+ of people doing a job they are only there for the money. His job happens to be playing football but that doesn’t mean that he enjoys it or is passionate about it.

there’s definitely a nasty undercurrent behind the uk media obsession with him, it used to be Sterling as a target but then he got ‘all uppity’ (their thoughts, not mine) and had the gall to try and instigate change for underprivileged kids and he’s had a target on his back ever since.

If the rumours of him playing for 6+ months with a fractured back and painkillers at Solksjaers request are true then it’s hardly a surprise that he has fallen out of love with the game.

sure, I want the entire team to want to run through a brick wall, but the reality is that most people are just doing a job and the majority of people are selfish and self-serving.

completely agree that the entire club is a joke at this point but hopeful that maybe INEOS can start to change the culture around. Still likely to be 3-5 years before those changes bear any fruit. Until then we have to put up with the legacy of greed and entitlement delivered from the top down.
                                                                    Thing is though, Rashford was the media golden kid for years, even when for most of this time he was also very average, albeit slightly less than now. A bad word was never spoken about him and was still spoken about as one of the top players in the league when it was patently obvious that he wasn’t.

It’s only recently he’s started to have negative attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                      Thing is though, Rashford was the media golden kid for years, even when for most of this time he was also very average, albeit slightly less than now. A bad word was never spoken about him and was still spoken about as one of the top players in the league when it was patently obvious that he wasn’t.

Correct. Around about when he missed a penalty for England in a final which coincided with him becoming very vocal about the uk government failings with regards to .

there’s always an agenda in the press. Which is not to say that he isn’t an average footballer. The English press always big up their own players until they turn on them.

he could have been one of the greats but he didn’t/doesn’t have that internal hunger to do it and isn’t exceptional enough (think Ronaldinho) to truly excel without the hard work and discipline. He’s a very wealthy young man who just isn’t that passionate about being the best in his field.

Comment

That's a very one sided view of what happened there.
                                                                        It was Rabin. Have a look at what happened him...

​​​​
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

This happened about 30 years ago?

Our own government elect in waiting wanted to kill the Queen round about the same time but yet they were sitting down with her for their tea only a few years ago.

How did that happen? Was it through the continued bombing and killing of each other or did they stop that malarkey and start talking about a road to possible self determination?

In these cases, the larger force (Britan/Israel) has to make the first move.
                                                                          Isn't the 'larger force' Iran now?

Comment

Correct. Around about when he missed a penalty for England in a final which coincided with him becoming very vocal about the uk government failings with regards to .

there’s always an agenda in the press. Which is not to say that he isn’t an average footballer. The English press always big up their own players until they turn on them.

he could have been one of the greats but he didn’t/doesn’t have that internal hunger to do it and isn’t exceptional enough (think Ronaldinho) to truly excel without the hard work and discipline. He’s a very wealthy young man who just isn’t that passionate about being the best in his field.
                                                                            One of the greats ? Ah here

Comment

Yes, yes and yes. Bang average but thought he'd bang a few in. What a flop.

Comment

One of the greats ? Ah here
                                                                                Never destined for that. It could well be the case that the world would never have heard of him had it not been for a load of injuries and LvG throwing him in against Arsenal and him scoring 2 goals. Although maybe he played some European game before this?

But that’s opportunism, which i’ve no problem with. We all need a bit of luck but without that opportunity, i don’t think he had the raw talent to break through in his own right. He could quite easily be playing for Millwall these days if things hadn’t panned out.

Comment

Isn't the 'larger force' Iran now?

No, Israel (fully backed by the USA) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >> >>> Iran​

Comment

Never destined for that. It could well be the case that the world would never have heard of him had it not been for a load of injuries and LvG throwing him in against Arsenal and him scoring 2 goals. Although maybe he played some European game before this?

But that’s opportunism, which i’ve no problem with. We all need a bit of luck but without that opportunity, i don’t think he had the raw talent to break through in his own right. He could quite easily be playing for Millwall these days if things hadn’t panned out.
                                                                                    Some amount of revisionism going on in this post

an 18 year old kid gets thrown in at the deep end and bangs in 2 goals on his debut in the champions league and then follows it up with 2 more against Arsenal 4 days later and he could be playing for millwall these days?

127 goals and 74 assists for what has been a bang-average United team and 59 caps and 17 goals for England. Without being a 9 or false 9 or whatever flavour of the month is in.

He is genetically blessed, good in the air (when he’s bothered) can score with both feet. If he actually applied himself fully he would be closer to being one of the best forward players in the premier league than Millwall.

When I said one of the greats, I didn’t mean in global terms but absolutely could have been one of the greats in United terms. He absolutely had the raw talent to play at the top level. No reason, even with the dearth of quality around him, that he couldn’t have hit 20 goals a season, every season. Except for the fact that he just wasn’t committed enough to evolving and improving.

no football brain really (neither does Ronaldo) and has never worked on his weaknesses. He’s pretty much the same player he was when he made his debut just with millions extra in the bank.

i don’t know that I even hold that against him tbh, you either have it or you don’t. His base was enough to make him very rich, most people prefer not to challenge themselves

Comment

No, Israel (fully backed by the USA) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >> >>> Iran​
                                                                                      There'll be no progress possible if all of Iran's proxy armies continue to attack and cause chaos across the broad Middle East. They are by far the biggest regional troublemaker.

Good article here, which mixes serious geopolitical topics with the Stay Puft marshmallow man from Ghostbusters. Now there's a line I didn't think I'd ever get to write.

Comment

Did movie a day January,
                                                                                        any interest in a movie thread / ratings discussion?

​​​​​
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        1. The Holdovers
                                                                                        2. Barney's Version
                                                                                        3. Saltburn
                                                                                        4. Parasite
                                                                                        5. The producers 1967
                                                                                        6. True romance
                                                                                        7. Batman v superman ultimate edition
                                                                                        8. The naked gun
                                                                                        9. Alita battle angel
                                                                                        10. Rebel moon part one
                                                                                        11. Haunted mansion
                                                                                        12. Ghost in the shell
                                                                                        13. Ghost in the shell 2
                                                                                        14. It comes at night
                                                                                        15. Animal kingdom
                                                                                        16. Zero dark thirty
                                                                                        17. Five nights at Freddies
                                                                                        18. Dogma
                                                                                        19. Dave made a maze
                                                                                        20. 6 Days
                                                                                        21. Heathers
                                                                                        22. Young Frankenstein
                                                                                        23. Ace Ventura
                                                                                        24. Ace Ventura 2
                                                                                        25. Monty python holy grail
                                                                                        26. Monty python Life of Brian
                                                                                        27. Monty python the meaning of life
                                                                                        28. Aquaman 2
                                                                                        29. Airplane
                                                                                        30. Airplane 2​

Tied worst were Aquaman 2 and Rebel Moon.

Any of the first 6 could take the top billing for me.
                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Really enjoyed The Holdovers

thought Saltburn was good as well, but preferred the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                            Did movie a day January,
                                                                                            any interest in a movie thread / ratings discussion?

Tied worst were Aquaman 2 and Rebel Moon.

Any of the first 6 could take the top billing for me.
                                                                                            I'll generally watch any old nonsense but cant bring myself to watch Aquaman 2.

No idea how Rebel Moon managed to be so incredibly beige.

Really liked the Holdovers too.

Watched All Of Us Strangers over the weekend and though it was a really strong performance from Andrew Scott. Not sure he was 'robbed' of the Oscar nomination but has to have been there or thereabouts.

Comment

Some amount of revisionism going on in this post

an 18 year old kid gets thrown in at the deep end and bangs in 2 goals on his debut in the champions league and then follows it up with 2 more against Arsenal 4 days later and he could be playing for millwall these days?

127 goals and 74 assists for what has been a bang-average United team and 59 caps and 17 goals for England. Without being a 9 or false 9 or whatever flavour of the month is in.

He is genetically blessed, good in the air (when he’s bothered) can score with both feet. If he actually applied himself fully he would be closer to being one of the best forward players in the premier league than Millwall.

When I said one of the greats, I didn’t mean in global terms but absolutely could have been one of the greats in United terms. He absolutely had the raw talent to play at the top level. No reason, even with the dearth of quality around him, that he couldn’t have hit 20 goals a season, every season. Except for the fact that he just wasn’t committed enough to evolving and improving.

no football brain really (neither does Ronaldo) and has never worked on his weaknesses. He’s pretty much the same player he was when he made his debut just with millions extra in the bank.

i don’t know that I even hold that against him tbh, you either have it or you don’t. His base was enough to make him very rich, most people prefer not to challenge themselves
                                                                                              My point is that if he didn't get that specific opportunity, i don't think he was good enough to get a further opportunity when injuries subsided etc. I even think it took someone like James Wilson to be injured for him to get his chance. Some players will break through eventually, no matter what because they have the talent, but i don't think he would have. I genuinely think he would not have made it at Utd if not for that specific opportunity. Were he to then turn up at Barcelona or Millwall, i don't know, but i suspect not the former.

He did break through at that specific point though and was hugely impressive and cemented his first team place off the back of it. Genuinely fair play to him, he tried hard and endeared himself to fans because of it. For some players, football comes naturally to them, they are destined to become superstars. Others need to continually work hard at it to develop - Rashford falls into this camp and he never really pushed on. He has a really poor football brain, constantly running into opposition players and has pretty much no vision. He has never improved at this.

Presume the 127 is total goals, not sure how many appearances, but 80 goals in 259 league games is the absolute minimum i'd expect due to the level of adulation he received. He is in the first team 10 years or so now though, how many seasons has he hit 20 total goals? Two i'd guess at a push. Hasn't pushed the team on to challenge for leagues and trophies either. These are the hallmarks of great players. He isn't or was never one.

Comment

I'M team Degag in this discussion.

Lets do Mctominay next .

Comment

Just a quick sanity check, it's mortage renewal time and I'm not too sure if switching is the best idea
                                                                                                  I've 3.85 3 year fixed quote from Avant (with 2k)
                                                                                                  Ptsb are my current lender 2.95% intro rate will default to 3.8% variable ( as per the letter they sent a while ago)
                                                                                                  I've donkeys years left on with 209k owed
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I'M team Degag in this discussion.

Lets do Mctominay next .
                                                                                                    I think we are all largely agreeing

Mctominay in between Iniesta and Xavi IMO

Comment

I think we are all largely agreeing

Mctominay in between Iniesta and Xavi IMO
                                                                                                      When i said 'do,' Mctominay, I meant kill him.

I know he might be somebody's grandfather but still shoot him please.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                        Just a quick sanity check, it's mortage renewal time and I'm not too sure if switching is the best idea
                                                                                                        Ptsb are my current lender 2.95% intro rate will default to 3.8% variable ( as per the letter they sent a while ago)
                                                                                                        Put it on black and let it roll
                                                                                                        one day u be debt free

Comment

Severely underestimated the mood swings of teenagers . I expected the different moods on different days, things might happen at home or during a day that pisses someone off but the change in mood even between classes during the day and not that far apart is actually quite impressive. Gives a good idea into what subjects they do and don't like though

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                            In the short term rates might still go up from lenders, but ECB rates are due to start coming down this year, so don't fix for long. If that variable is 3.8% still when you roll off, probably worth sticking on that for a while to see which way the wind blows.

Comment

You can get a rate of <4% for the full life of mortgage. Seems a no brainer to me.

Comment

I hope the rates do temporarily go up, BOI just quoted me €8k to make an overpayment over their paltry limit, if they go up it's 0.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                  I hope the rates do temporarily go up, BOI just quoted me €8k to make an overpayment over their paltry limit, if they go up it's 0.
                                                                                                                  If you had planned to make overpayments why did you fix?
                                                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Yikes just saw the overpayment allowance with BOI

The 5k Annually with AIB is very decent imo.
                                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I wouldn't expect variable rates to drop much, even if ECB lower rates this year. Irish mortgages are pretty cheap in general (compared to Europe)

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                                        Yikes just saw the overpayment allowance with BOI

The 5k Annually with AIB is very decent imo.
                                                                                                                        10% of balance with some lenders, and unlimited with PTSB, that I think you can even get back if you want. BOI are stringent, but if rates go up, they all have to use the same formula so the price will be 0, and I'll over pay then. Will invest it in the mean time, you can also get 4% in an instant savings account which is decent if people need the money in the short term. Was considering buying in London too in a few years so it might be for the best to not lock it away.

Comment

Well worth 10 mins...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X