Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously some Horsehead Elitist thing but I got a very glossy brocheure for private plane hire sent to me (at work) today and welcoming me as a member. Jetfly.

Finally made it.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Obviously some Horsehead Elitist thing but I got a very glossy brocheure for private plane hire sent to me (at work) today and welcoming me as a member. Jetfly.

Finally made it.
      I've been seeing their ads on Instagram, must still be some zirp VC money lying around.

Comment

I knew I was missing something, now I know what it is.
        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
          I knew I was missing something, now I know what it is.
          That's exactly how I felt!

Brought home the materials and convinced the family we now have a private jet account. Wondering is it crueller to let it ride or just hit them with the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

If you think of a person does their face not appear in your mind?
            I'd recognize people on the street from their arse more than their face. Like I'd recognise someones arse from about 40m away, but if they were walking towards me I wouldn't notice their face until they were 5m away. Mostly when I think of people it's the things they've said or to a lesser extent done.
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Replaced the drive belt in a 20+ year old shitty cassette walkman, just because it was there. Listened to the first track of 'Spice' on it
              Last edited by ComradeCollie; 27-02-24, 22:24.

Comment

Not a limerick, but the wife liked this

On the cusp of life's mid century,
                What more can this latchkey bear to see?
                A world on the brink of catastrophe
                Leaders for just the sap and not the tree​
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Nice to see “Banty” doing well out of the state sanctioned human trafficking.

there will be some scandal in a few years when all the stories are out about some of the greediest worst cunts in the country making out like bandits while pretending they are humanitarians.

sweet deal for hoteliers at least though- shut your doors- get paid way more than you would have year round- let staff go - let the refugees sort their own shit out
                  Last edited by MysteryGuest; 27-02-24, 23:26.
                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                    Not a limerick, but the wife liked this

On the cusp of life's mid century,
                    What more can this latchkey bear to see?
                    A world on the brink of catastrophe
                    Leaders for just the sap and not the tree​
                    That one wouldn't win you entry to the most poetic tipping comp in the world.

A reminder that limerick entries for the Golden Ticket close tomorrow at midnight so keep 'em coming.

Comment

There was an oul punter called Hitch

Who felt a degenerate itch

He went were the course is

Looking for horses

But ended up backing a bitch
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Looking for horses

Bucking for backing and you have a winner imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                          Replaced the drive belt in a 20+ year old shitty cassette walkman, just because it was there. Listened to the first track of 'Spice' on it
                          Where did you get the belt? I have a perfectly good one which just broke down and am sure the belt just stopped working. How do you know that's it exactly? Could Google but sure why would I when Collie knows

Cheers

Comment

Watching this on repeat, can’t think of another gig with so much emotional energy.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Where did you get the belt? I have a perfectly good one which just broke down and am sure the belt just stopped working. How do you know that's it exactly? Could Google but sure why would I when Collie knows

Cheers
                              Had several belts lying around from when I ordered some for my Sony deck a few years ago. Ordered a bag of random ones from aliexpress. I'd have to look up the ebay seller from slovakia who sell sets for specific devices.

edit: that seller is no longer around.
                              Last edited by ComradeCollie; 28-02-24, 22:24.

Comment

Had several belts lying around from when I ordered some for my Sony deck a few years ago. Ordered a bag of random ones from aliexpress. I'd have to look up the ebay seller from slovakia who sell sets for specific devices.

edit: that seller is no longer around.
                                Cheers. Must Google then the one for my model (Memorex). Have a decent working Sony Walkman with radio as well which I. have jacked into the hifi in my office.

Comment

good lord

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Probably not divulging any massive spoilers when I say the final act of The President at the Gate would be akin to Comrade Collie's deepest fantasies.

Comment

One of the curb gang dead. Richard Lewis.

Comment

I see one antiquated US politician stepped down yesterday but unfortunately it was Mitch McConnell.

Hoping Biden takes the hint and follows suit.

Comment

Last day for the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp limerick competition.
                                          1. Write doggerel
                                          2. Win Golden Ticket
                                          3. Luckbox Comp
                                          4. profit!

Comment

Watching Crimecall all these years
                                            Awaiting a poker player to impress his peers
                                            Then on Monday's show just gone
                                            On Seapoint platform out came his dong
                                            And now there'll be no sex for years
                                            Last edited by Dice75; 29-02-24, 10:06.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                              Nice to see “Banty” doing well out of the state sanctioned human trafficking.

there will be some scandal in a few years when all the stories are out about some of the greediest worst cunts in the country making out like bandits while pretending they are humanitarians.

sweet deal for hoteliers at least though- shut your doors- get paid way more than you would have year round- let staff go - let the refugees sort their own shit out
                                              A tagline Limerick.

Will you ever fk off with that Shite ,
                                              said Pokerhand one stormy night,
                                              Will you give it a rest , Mystery Guest,
                                              You’re the worst poster on this site.

Comment

Both good but disqualified for lack of horseracing theme

Comment

From public parks he was barred,
                                                  for conquest of an unwilling mallard.
                                                  Now with a leg, mostly metal,
                                                  he found a mare in fine fettle.
                                                  said the frog, "Mon amour, a plus tard​"
                                                  Last edited by DeadParrot; 29-02-24, 12:30.
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Leading contenders as follows:

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                    The Limerick 5 furlongs Began,
                                                    Frontrunner Laz, a greyhound or a man ?
                                                    He checked his behind,
                                                    Courier Cock he did find
                                                    I’ll come 1st now or I’ll get a whip ban. ​
                                                    Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                    Our Conor was hard to defeat
                                                    Backed by the horsehead elite
                                                    Some say they're snobs
                                                    Most claim they're knobs
                                                    All agree though that they're effete​!

Originally posted by carlinrose View Post
                                                    There once was a horse called Raoul Duke,
                                                    Whose wins were regarded a fluke.
                                                    He came to fruition,
                                                    on the last day of the competition,
                                                    and made Carlin Rose want to puke.

There once was a foal born quite grand
                                                    but hated everything and everyone in the land
                                                    both the dame and sire neighed
                                                    "we should be castrated & spayed!!"
                                                    For this guest was a mystery, unplanned.

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                    There once was an auld lad called Duke
                                                    Who's win was purely a fluke
                                                    But this is Degag's year
                                                    To win loads for beer
                                                    And make the champion puke

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                    They all lined up keenly for battle
                                                    each swearing that Duke they would rattle
                                                    But Raoul held no fear
                                                    For to him, it was clear
                                                    They’d all be slaughtered like cattle​

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                    A former IPBer not into this horse racing Comp
                                                    Decided hotel poker was more his pomp
                                                    Not long after being busted
                                                    Two brassers to hurt him he entrusted
                                                    And up his ass the hot hair straightener did stomp

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                    There was a young horse called our Conor
                                                    who unfortunately now is a goner
                                                    with every year passes
                                                    we still raise our glasses
                                                    And remember him with this comp in his honour

Our hero, while longing for l'amour
                                                    Hired a brasser at the price of a score
                                                    She rode him all night
                                                    On his chest, curled a shite
                                                    14 wombats, he rated, the hoar

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                    When loot at the races, won Hitch,
                                                    He felt that familiar itch,
                                                    ”I’m not really fussy.
                                                    but fond of black pussy”,
                                                    Fille noire, his loot did enrich

Looking for horses

Comment

I've paid my loots into the Cheltenham comp already. So i can be eliminated on the 1st count

Comment

I've paid my loots into the Cheltenham comp already. So i can be eliminated on the 1st count

oh, you were eliminated long ago.

Comment

Packing up my books and coming to the conclusion a) I've far too many b) Raoul was getting the best of it when he gave me his poker books.

Comment

oh, you were eliminated long ago.
                                                            Formulating next Raoul related Limerick. Can't think of anything to Rhyme with Month.

Ignore - I've got it.

Comment

Enjoying the Irish Times meltdown over the shit atmosphere in Aviva for Irish rugby games

ive given my thoughts - don’t expect to see them in print though - don’t like it up them the rugby lads- they really do struggle with anything that’s not garbled corporate newspeak or shit/inappropriate war analogies.

Have your say: Do you think the atmosphere at Ireland’s Six Nations matches in the Aviva has been ‘flat’?

Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                Packing up my books and coming to the conclusion a) I've far too many b) Raoul was getting the best of it when he gave me his poker books.
                                                                I'd read some of the narratives again - Big Deal or the Al Alvarez book, but yeah probably correct. And I don't want them!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                  good lord

I’d say their only picking the best pieces of this story

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

I’d say their only picking the best pieces of this story

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

I heard he was caught as the arse fell out of one of the bags .

Comment

Thinking the rugby fans here must have been to Biarritz, RD3 maybe?

Looking at it for a couple of days after irish open - 3rd, 4th, 5th April. Decent spot for a short break?

Any better recommendations if its shite? Cheap, cheerful, quickish flight from Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                          Thinking the rugby fans here must have been to Biarritz, RD3 maybe?

Looking at it for a couple of days after irish open - 3rd, 4th, 5th April. Decent spot for a short break?

Any better recommendations if its shite? Cheap, cheerful, quickish flight from Dublin.
                                                                          Great part of France - pays Basque - can't go wrong imo.

But correct play is to fly in/out of there and stay in San Sebastian/Donostia instead. Less than an hour away on the bus.

Comment

Last chance saloon for limericks...

Comment

Travel show on RTE called High Road Low Road is an excellent concept.
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

This is like something from Harry Potter. You can take a still image of something and give it a script and the model will bring it to life.

Loads of examples on the release papers page - EMO (humanaigc.github.io)

Even singing!

Comment

Seems odd that the Joe Rogan podcast is back on Youtube. Would love to see the Spotify numbers.

Comment

Seems odd that the Joe Rogan podcast is back on Youtube. Would love to see the Spotify numbers.
                                                                                    Ah, the right's Malcom Gladwell.

I think people are cottoning on to Joes brand of psuedo intellectual bs. I've a few buddies who'd have been die harders are sort of swaying.
                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

I think people are cottoning on to Joes brand of psuedo intellectual bs. I've a few buddies who'd have been die harders are sort of swaying.
                                                                                      They’re only figuring it out now?

huberman might knock a few more years out off them so

Comment

Its baffles me that such a dimwit who is also an awful interviewer and prefers to speak himself over listening to his guest has had any success whatsoever. There have been 3/4 people he has had on that I tried to listen to because I am interested in what they have to say, and I turned off after half an hour every time.

Comment

Do we get a day off if Miggeldy croaks?

Comment

There was an auld knacker called whacker
                                                                                            Unlike Collie he's not a fudge packer
                                                                                            When it comes to his willy
                                                                                            He's fond of a filly
                                                                                            And I hope RD thinks it's a cracker

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              Travel show on RTE called High Road Low Road is an excellent concept.
                                                                                              It’s fairly evident RTE aren’t paying for it i’d say!

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

.
                                                                                                I've seen some terrible and justifiable slurs made about Gladwell but that's a step too far
                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The bitter Limerick.

A bright light shone down,
                                                                                                  This time I will win the crown,
                                                                                                  Each year im 1st out of the stalls,
                                                                                                  in the lead , then late race falls.
                                                                                                  The fkin lucky pinsticking jammy clowns​

Comment

That wasn't forecast at all, was it?

Just spent 45 mins driving kids about 1.5km in driving snow.

Comment

I heard he was caught as the arse fell out of one of the bags .
                                                                                                      Totally lost the head after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Totally lost the head after that.
                                                                                                        The neck of your man.

Comment

We got school alert closing till 10 while we were on the way

Comment

The IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp Limerick Adjudication sub-committayyyyyyyy has spent the entire night furiously cogitating.

The entries were reviewed in full and the standard was deemed to be mediocre at best. But one entry did stand out from the manure as not being totally without artistic merit.

Aaaaaannnnnnnndddddd

the

winnnnnarrrrrrrrr

is

SPOILER
                                                                                                            dinekes, for this little beauty.

Our Conor was hard to defeat
                                                                                                            Backed by the Horsehead Elite
                                                                                                            Some say they're snobs
                                                                                                            Most claim they're knobs
                                                                                                            All agree though that they're effete​!

The judges loved the conflation of Elite and effete, and the inclusion of IPB hero Our Conor was what swung it.

Congratulations sir, you are the proud possessor of the Golden Ticket. Join us on 12-Mar for the usual wild ride and best of luck in the comp.

Comment

School cancelled for our one, had to come home twice

Comment

Young lad sent on foot. Confirmation in the older one's School so she's at home practicing pagan rituals.

Comment

School cancelled for our one, had to come home twice
                                                                                                                  Delighted whatsapps from mine, waster teachers like dobby clearly taking any excuse to shut up shop early so they are all going to St Annes for snowball fights

Comment

Delighted whatsapps from mine, waster teachers like dobby clearly taking any excuse to shut up shop early so they are all going to St Annes for snowball fights
                                                                                                                    Or the Bonnington for poker

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Or the Bonnington for poker
                                                                                                                      Was half thnking of that later but not a chance I'm tackling the M50 today now - currently punting LIV golf on Youtube as not moving today, might even fire up a few hyper turbos

Comment

At what stage do we start stashing the bread.

Was this forecasted ?

Comment

At what stage do we start stashing the bread.

Was this forecasted ?
                                                                                                                          meh, raining now so will all be gone by this evening

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X