X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Is the word Makeyuppy a real word ?
    Surely all words are real words. Have you read any Joyce? There are rules in maths though, the real numbers are the terribly boring ones that most people use.
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

It's not true. Remember when Christian Eriksson went down at the Euros? He wasn't even vaccinated. These things happen every year. FIFA keep a very detailed registry of these events since 2014 and the evidence shows there's no rise in cardiac events for 2020 or 2021.
      Glad to have you around to refute all this nonsense Kayroo as I couldn't be bothered me hole wasting my time on anything other than an lol.. (which I do understand makes me part of the problem too).

The vaccine clearly either saved sickpuppy's life or at least saved him from a significant dose which could have left him in the shitter for months and that seems pretty ungrateful to me.

Oh well, whatever, never mind ...

If I got something for free that helped me out (notwithstanding I pay tax for this very reason) I certainly wouldn't be making a cunt of myself in front of the whole world when real people were stepping up with real facts in opposition to the scaredy-cat, conspiracy theory, keyboard warrior ballbag-ery most of us recognise this shite to be.

If you were standing in front of me spouting this shite Sickpuppy I'd either say 'do one' OR I'd do one myself (and I'm fairly sure you'd be ok with that)

I love this forum and respect its diversity but man you're just mugging yourself off here in front of everyone.

I know you don't care (and under normal circumstances I'd fully respect that) but I'm pretty sure you can bring something much more positive and nuanced to the conversation judging by how others on here perceive you.

Onwards and upwards good people of IPB (including the naysayers who make it what it is!)

b.hifi

Last edited by BennyHiFi; 17-12-21, 21:09.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Surely all words are real words. Have you read any Joyce? There are rules in maths though, the real numbers are the terribly boring ones that most people use.
        A very contrilious answer.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Glad to have you around to refute all this nonsense Kayroo as I couldn't be bothered me hole wasting my time on anything other than an lol.. (which I do understand makes me part of the problem too).

The vaccine clearly either saved sickpuppy's life or at least saved him from a significant dose which could have left him in the shitter for months and that seems pretty ungrateful to me.
          In fairness to the Puppy, that will never be certain or in any way provable. People in Government, and even Nphet make decisions on what they think is in the best interest of society as a whole. I really don't see the ulterior motives sometimes attributed to them. Yeah, they want to get re-elected and/or keep their jobs, but in some way that makes them try to do the right thing, most of the time. They're just people.

Comment

In fairness to the Puppy, that will never be certain or in any way provable. People in Government, and even Nphet make decisions on what they think is in the best interest of society as a whole. I really don't see the ulterior motives sometimes attributed to them. Yeah, they want to get re-elected and/or keep their jobs, but in some way that makes them try to do the right thing, most of the time. They're just people.
            100%

People really seem to zero on Tony Holohan as a target of their frustrations. As though he wanted any of this.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Does anyone watch what is easily the best show on TV - The Challenge?

For those who don't know it started on MTV as Real World and then morphed into a competition where people largely beat each up to win a prize. Originally they all wanted to be stars, so the prize might have been 10 grand for winning a season, but it has now grown to a million in prize fund.

The contestants are all from the original MTV reality shows, but now they've started picking people from loads of other reality shows and all around the world. Loads of Survivor heads, for example. Then they spend most of their time posing in the house, getting pissed and fighting, and having eliminations.

It is ridiculously good. The characters are top top notch over the top loons, fakes, and plain wrong'uns.

Anyway, you could start on Season 36 and then the most recent Season 37 to get a proper flavour for the show. Its class.

But, and here's the thing. They've now topped it with a new show called The Challenge: All Stars which is essentially where they bring back people who did good in some of those earlier shows, when the prize money was a few grand, and now they're 40-50 with creaking bones, usually failed lives, and competing for a million. Its both awful and brilliant at the same time. The main, The Challenge, you can see these folks have fairly charmed lives, they're cool they're hot, but this is them flashed forward 20 years where life has just been punching them in the face for a few decades.

I'm describing it in a mean way here. But its so fascinating. You kinda have to have seen the original The Challenge to get the full sense of All Stars and its sociological experiment.
              Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 17-12-21, 22:10.
              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Am I the only one who sits through the whole Freddoe Mecury tribute every time ust to see George Michael do . Somebody to Love .

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1707992&d=1639779630&type=thumb
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Am I the only one who sits through the whole Freddoe Mecury tribute every time ust to see George Michael do . Somebody to Love .
                    There's a tribute to freddos

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fnews%2F2016%2F07%2F08%2Ffreddo-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqeo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA.png&f=1&nofb=1.png

Comment

Milknificent but a bit too choctilant

Comment

Am so fucking drunk!
                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

We're now pretend-staying in a hotel on Monday night in a game of high-stakes poker with the plumber.

The idea being that we have arranged for our things to be moved on Monday so can no longer stay in our apartment, because he had promised the bathroom would be done by then.

So, I've being moaning to him in a conversational way about how hotels have everything shut, but saying its good because he'll have everything finished by Tuesday, so its only a night. Neither me nor the plumber actually believe he has the skills to finish by Tuesday, but it may encourage him to finish by, we hope, Christmas Eve.

He left the house yesterday with the water turned on and not checking if it leaked. Cue a damp stain on the kitchen. But he has elements of competence. I feel he is more badly organised than badly skilled, despite the cardinal sin of being a plumber who changes something to do with the water but doesn't check that it works.

I hadn't realised what a delight the electrician was, until experiencing how it can all go wrong. The electrician turned up, he worked non-stop for a few days, and then he was done and we spoke a few words in total. And he seems to have clearly done a great job.

This plumber I feel I'm a mixture of his father, his son, his counsellor, his confident, his plumbing advisor. Man, its exhausting. We've probably spoken to each other for about 20 hours in total, time that he could have spent just doing the job. I have nothing I can add to his supposed skills, except for a gentle reminder to check for leaks if you are a plumber changing something to do with water supply.

He rang me today and said he had found the hot water supply. How do you respond to that? Are you meant to congratulate him?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

that probably plays more in his hands? by jan, it'll be rampant and they'll have no choice (not just ireland btw, but the whole of europe most likely) to impose a new lockdown until the boosters kick in
                            Yeah, its glorious. We're cheering on half-assed methods this season.

Comment

pubs to close at 8?

Hmmm .
                              So they can effectively shut the industry down and not have to pay PUP cos they're not actually shut down. It's a shambles

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                We're now pretend-staying in a hotel on Monday night in a game of high-stakes poker with the plumber.

The idea being that we have arranged for our things to be moved on Monday so can no longer stay in our apartment, because he had promised the bathroom would be done by then.

So, I've being moaning to him in a conversational way about how hotels have everything shut, but saying its good because he'll have everything finished by Tuesday, so its only a night. Neither me nor the plumber actually believe he has the skills to finish by Tuesday, but it may encourage him to finish by, we hope, Christmas Eve.

He left the house yesterday with the water turned on and not checking if it leaked. Cue a damp stain on the kitchen. But he has elements of competence. I feel he is more badly organised than badly skilled, despite the cardinal sin of being a plumber who changes something to do with the water but doesn't check that it works.

I hadn't realised what a delight the electrician was, until experiencing how it can all go wrong. The electrician turned up, he worked non-stop for a few days, and then he was done and we spoke a few words in total. And he seems to have clearly done a great job.

This plumber I feel I'm a mixture of his father, his son, his counsellor, his confident, his plumbing advisor. Man, its exhausting. We've probably spoken to each other for about 20 hours in total, time that he could have spent just doing the job. I have nothing I can add to his supposed skills, except for a gentle reminder to check for leaks if you are a plumber changing something to do with water supply.

He rang me today and said he had found the hot water supply. How do you respond to that? Are you meant to congratulate him?
                                Just say he is a cunt and fix that shite before Christmas...
                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Reminds me of years ago as a Rep for a big wholesale bathroom company.

"you are now doing after sale calls"

Us - wtf, sure what do we know
                                    Them - be grand

At least i had half an idea

Day 1 - rep from Munster (good buddy) rings me, "how do you open one of these equlibrium ballvalves?"

Me - unscrew the blue nut and it comes apart

Phone gets put down - 5 secs later screams from him and im assuming the housewife and loud water pissing noises and pump hammering

20 mins later after nosies go down

Him - "Was i supposed to turn the water off somewhere?"

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Just say he is a cunt and fix that shite before Christmas...
                                      He has made some unverifiable claims about work he has done that I don't have knowledge to counteract. Just no actual visible work. All pipes that are hidden away. He mentions a lot about pipes he is going to T-down off, which makes it sound like he has, at least, taken the same DIY course that I took. So I don't fully know if he has done nothing, but he never seems to be there except when I complain.

Comment

Could actually probably write a book on the old stories from After Sales calls.

One time ended up in deepest Baltinglass on a farm at 10am swapping a "dodgy" basin.

Yer one half cut on vodka drops her bags in front of a big fuck off sliding door looking out.

"Well if your not going to fuck me at least pretend to my husband you are" as some 60yo farmer dives past window on his Massey, glancing over and carries on not giving a flying fuck.

#metoo

Comment

Good fun in here tonight
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

All laughing and joking aside Hitch, never, I mean never, pay a tradesman for anything up front. By all means make staged payments, but only for work that is complete.
                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Malan now out in front in England runscoring and not far off the overall series lead.

Looks like he's guaranteed to get two innings every game too, given how shit the rest of the lineup is (Root excepted). Sweat on.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                All laughing and joking aside Hitch, never, I mean never, pay a tradesman for anything up front. By all means make staged payments, but only for work that is complete.
                                                We had a guy come to do our energy survey - did a good job but was also supposed to do a follow-up job with arranging builders to tender. Mrs D3 was in charge.

Two months later and no sign of said builders.

I remark that this is curious and Mrs D3 agrees it is. Then a shocking thought enters my mind:

"You didn't, you wouldn't, you couldn't have...you didn't pay him? Did you?"

She had. All leverage removed and the fucker ignores all forms of communication.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                  Malan now out in front in England runscoring and not far off the overall series lead.

Looks like he's guaranteed to get two innings every game too, given how shit the rest of the lineup is (Root excepted). Sweat on.
                                                  Would have been very useful for you if Smith had enforced the follow-on rather than giving the Aussies another bat.
                                                  At least Warner got out early.
                                                  Hopefully they all get out for quickfire flay-it-about 30s tomorrow rather than anyone sticking around.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                    Many of yous had Covid?

Im into day 3 and feeling alot better. Night 1 was pretty shit, couple of days of having a nasty head cold.

Am I looking at slowly improving or is it a rollercoaster?
                                                    I’m hoping the same as you, positive yesterday and apart from cough and some spiking temps yday it’s been ok. Long may it continue this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

I’m hoping the same as you, positive yesterday and apart from cough and some spiking temps yday it’s been ok. Long may it continue this way.
                                                      Only sickness I have left is the sinuses. Only time I cough is to clear the throat from the nasal drip.

The fatigue is real, I've flown through it without much hassle at all but went for a 10 minute walk around the garden this morning and had to get back into bed. Hopefully stays this way, have read some people have it as handy and then it hits them hard again.

Best of luck!

Comment

In the airport, no sign of EamonFrauda
                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post

Only sickness I have left is the sinuses. Only time I cough is to clear the throat from the nasal drip.

The fatigue is real, I've flown through it without much hassle at all but went for a 10 minute walk around the garden this morning and had to get back into bed. Hopefully stays this way, have read some people have it as handy and then it hits them hard again.

Best of luck!
                                                          The good news is you are now immune...cant catch it twice
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                            In the airport, no sign of EamonFrauda
                                                            Shift work a thing of the distant past thankfully
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

The good news is you are now immune...cant catch it twice
                                                              Apparently Omicron says no.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Apparently Omicron says no.
                                                                Lets wait and see. Im only going by CDC, not a non peer reviewed opinion piece. I think the trick is to actually be sick, not asymptomatic and your body doesn't really defend against that , you just didnt get a high enough viral load for it to get hold...my basic understanding.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Found the exact handbag her majesty wants. Last one on the shelf in the fourth place I looked.

I AM A SHOPPING GOD.

fyi -
                                                                  Brown Thomas isn't Brown Thomas anymore It's Marks & Spencer.
                                                                  Switzer's isn't Switzer's anymore
                                                                  It's Brown Thomas.
                                                                  No idea where Switzer's is now.

fhi again: The price of fancy candles!!!

​​
                                                                  Last edited by DeeBrown; 18-12-21, 19:27.

Comment

I think Bielsa may have to go. Teams are exploiting his man marking so badly.

Comment

Have 2" Cowboy steak for the reverse sear tonight, YEEHAA

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                        Have 2" Cowboy steak for the reverse sear tonight, YEEHAA
                                                                        Please tell me a cowboy steak is horse meat? Only way thant name makes sense

Comment

The Netherlands going into full lockdown will give Hitch hope in his bet against the Duke!

Comment

New Louis CK show available from his site. Always happy to donate the occasional 10 dolla to him

Comment

I thought is was a sexual position.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Did the PCR come back positive too?

Hopefully, the cough and temp is the worst of it for you.

Comment

IPB collective thinking hmmm reverse cowgirl.

Comment

A cowboy is a boy that looks after cows, on a horse. He says YEEHAA on the horse.

Interesting fact, the original cowboys were black slave farm hands that were put in charge of the cattle.

Comment

Also, a Cowboy steak is a Tomohawk steak with the massive bone trimmed down. Learnt that at the butchers.

Comment

Also, a Cowboy steak is a Tomohawk steak with the massive bone trimmed down. Learnt that at the butchers.
                                                                                        I'm imagining GAB turning in his grave(or posting a correction) at that description.

Comment

I'm imagining GAB turning in his grave(or posting a correction) at that description.
                                                                                          Nope, bone in ribeye, aka cowboy.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                            The Netherlands going into full lockdown will give Hitch hope in his bet against the Duke!
                                                                                            I do like and appreciate that our measly wager seems to be uppermost in everyones mind when it comes to top concerns about the pandemic.

Although slightly disappointed my cricket punts don't warrant the same level of interest.

Comment

But why use the Americanisms?

Comment

Like I'd only call my cock my Johnson for lols

Comment

Yep. A beast this one. Can't wait.
                                                                                                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I don't mind, I'll eat whatever it's called.

Comment

Also known as a rib of beef ​​​​​​. Lol cowboy steak.

Comment

Yep. A beast this one. Can't wait.
                                                                                                        You only have another 4 hours to wait for your dinner time!

Comment

Had never seen this before. Quite something

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                            You only have another 4 hours to wait for your dinner time!
                                                                                                            Should get to med rare in a little over an hour. It's on the Weber now at 240f

Could do with one of those thermometer apps, missed a trick not asking Santy.

Getting a nice chefs knife though.

Comment

Getting a nice chefs knife though.
                                                                                                              Which one did you go for?

Comment

Also known as a rib of beef ​​​​​​. Lol cowboy steak.
                                                                                                                Haha, yeah you're right. Rib of beef conjures up images of mustard mash and roast potatoes though. Cowboy steak sounds like the mushrooms, onions and baked potatos will work

Comment

New Louis CK show available from his site. Always happy to donate the occasional 10 dolla to him
                                                                                                                  If you do please let us know if it's good.

Comment

Which one did you go for?
                                                                                                                    This one. Put it up on my elfster wishlist.

The Chikashi  (ちかし) Damascus Steel Knife with Abalone Handle includesRefine your culinary toolkit with the Chikashi Damascus Steel Knife Set, a blend of beauty and performance. Each knife features VG10 steel core encased in 66 layers of high-carbon stainless steel for superior strength and edge retention. The collectio

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

If you do please let us know if it's good.
                                                                                                                      Yeah just had the one watch. Didn't enjoy it as much as his comeback one last year.

Comment

This one. Put it up on my elfster wishlist.

https://santokuknives.co.uk/products...39399178731556
                                                                                                                        And people think I'm gay

Comment

And people think I'm gay

I'll stab ye with me dagger

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X