Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throwing good money after bad with the brightspark idea to go to Sorrento for the week after Christmas. It was already an awful idea due to having booked it before realising the cost of moving house - another €200 in tests just added to the bonfire now, as even the six year old and us gloriously doubly- vaccinated also need a test on top of vaccines. A few more of these expenses and I'll have to join the sickpuppy scamdemic hypetrain
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Jesus yeah, that was some mad fun... Was on some kind of UK placepot prize pool that rolled over a few times unclaimed. Half of it was from some kind of outside syndicate though.... Doubt that will ever happen again but was brilliant to see the whole thing work.

Still remember one lad going out and win it by himself about a month after we stopped doing
      mdoug.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Always loved this story. The article makes it sounds like an accident that they covered their losses with the "£100 special prize" vulnerability.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-35981173.html
        Great story!

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Remember when we put 100k, memory aint so clear but, coud have been more, or less in to some hose racing yoke ?
          Yeah, that was one of IPBs highlights

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Always loved this story. The article makes it sounds like an accident that they covered their losses with the "£100 special prize" vulnerability.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-35981173.html
            In the end, they managed to buy an estimated £820,000 worth of tickets - which represented over 80pc of the combinations. And this is where Klincewicz's marriage of "brute force" and mathematics worked its magic.

"We were one step ahead of the Lottery people, because we started putting on what Stefan had worked out were the most likely winning combinations first - the least likely were left until the end, so they were the ones we didn't get on."

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
              Conversation with MrsHiFi there while I was listening to the Butthole Surfers fourth record, Hairway to Steven ...

MrsHiFi: What is that? Is it like black metal?
              Me. No. I suppose you'd call it noise rock. Maybe sort of avant grade indie.
              MrsHiFi. I don't know how you can listen to it. Why do you like it?
              Me: I dunno. It's challenging. It's shocking. It's extreme. I like the way it sounds. Why does anyone like any art?
              MrsHiFi: It's making me feel sick
              Me: Well they were never really popular. They took a lot of acid and lived in a van and had a naked girl dance on stage with them. It was chaos.
              MrsHiFi: Do you not think that's demeaning to women.
              Me: Well she was a performance artist. She was part of the band. Her name was "Ta Da the shit lady" I won't tell you why though...
              <silence for about 30 seconds>
              MrsHiFi: When we move house I think you should have your own room to listen to music.

WP sir!

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I read that and assumed it was the journalist misunderstanding something - maybe they left the numbers to last of very recognisable combos...which will likely lead to a split prize
                Last edited by Hectorjelly; 16-12-21, 00:39.

Comment

Whilst the probability of a specific number coming up doesn't vary the likelihood of certain numbers having been played less than others is real and has a material impact on the odds applying to various combinations.

Comment

Some numbers are due to come too amirite
                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

You are correct sir.
                      All numbers are due to come,
                      at exactly the same frequency.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        Throwing good money after bad with the brightspark idea to go to Sorrento for the week after Christmas. It was already an awful idea due to having booked it before realising the cost of moving house - another €200 in tests just added to the bonfire now, as even the six year old and us gloriously doubly- vaccinated also need a test on top of vaccines. A few more of these expenses and I'll have to join the sickpuppy scamdemic hypetrain
                        Look on the bright side. You probably won't be allowed to go to Bray the week after xmas
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                          Some numbers are due to come too amirite
                          Totally. Some lads on Boards have it figured out using 'analytics'.

FWIW the only actual sense in the above post is in regard to the capped Euromillions jackpot which actually makes the draw somewhat +EV.
                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

On the subject of TV shows, Dopesick is a class watch so far, I'm halfway through. It's a single season show, 8 episodes only, definitely worth a watch for anyone not familiar.

Up there with Mare of Easttown for classness so far.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                              Whilst the probability of a specific number coming up doesn't vary the likelihood of certain numbers having been played less than others is real and has a material impact on the odds applying to various combinations.
                              I assume you mean played less by the punters rather than appearing less often in the draw itself?
                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

I assume you mean played less by the punters rather than appearing less often in the draw itself?
                                Ah give the man some credit

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

I read that and assumed it was the journalist misunderstanding something - maybe they left the numbers to last of very recognisable combos...which will likely lead to a split prize
                                  I assumed he meant that they would leave combinations of 6 consecutive numbers, 5 consecutive numbers, 6 numbers in the teens, twenties etc till last?

All 6 number combinations are equal some are just more equal than others.

Comment

How can anyone have any trust in a draw that is “independently observed” by KPMG?

thought TBF I hear observing that draw is one of the hardest jobs in the company, most people prefer to be on the Pizza and PS5 shift auditing company pension schemes and banks
                                    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Just on the lotto itself. The fact that it hasn’t been won in such a while must be proof that there are no shenanigans . Let’s say they could manipulate the draw. Wouldn’t they simply allow numbers from 1 to 31 appear more frequently (birthdays etc) so that it’s more likely to be won?

I think the odds on 5 are 48k to 1, playing approx. 1.5k . They need to up those prizes .

For the physics geeks out there. Even though all the balls weight exactly the same could there be manipulation on the numbers on the balls , ie if they were over typed would the double digits be more likely to drop than the single digits. Even the slightest difference could effect it by Nth degrees? I dunno, I won 3 Euro last night and I’m convinced they allowed me to win it to keep my quiet.

Comment

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia latest 2 eps set in Ireland.
                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Holy mother of God.
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021...ottery-latest/

details depending this could be worth getting a syndicate together for
                                            There is no chance of buying the Irish lottery, aside from the showstopper of the jackpot cap being less than the cost of covering the10 million combinations, without cooperation from the operators (and an API) it would be practically impossible to run all the tickets through the machines in time.
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Yep,
                                              for example people frequently include birthdays in their selections so winning combinations including numbers above 31 are less likely to result in shared jackpots.

Comment

Speaking of TV shows, Landscapers is very good, the recreation scenes during the police interviews are outstanding, definitely award winning cinematography.

Watched the first episode of Station eleven...yet another post apocalyptic flu virus show, but fingers crossed this one is good...
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

High numbers also need more ink.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                    How can anyone have any trust in a draw that is “independently observed” by KPMG?

thought TBF I hear observing that draw is one of the hardest jobs in the company, most people prefer to be on the Pizza and PS5 shift auditing company pension schemes and banks
                                                    Would you ever go away with that bullshit. You trot it out on a regular basis without much justification. Accounting is not without fault but it is hardly the most corrupt industry out there.
                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Would you ever go away with that bullshit. You trot it out on a regular basis without much justification. Accounting is not without fault but it is hardly the most corrupt industry out there.
                                                      Plenty of justification. He never said they were the most corrupt industry out there but they have been asleep at the wheel here for years signing off on all manner of shit shows.
                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Props to PSV. Ten years with the same auld schtick in the hopes that one day he would reel someone in. Today will be named HappyBig4 Day in your honour psv.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Look on the bright side. You probably won't be allowed to go to Bray the week after xmas
                                                          I suspect that it will be a thought-crime to even think about leaving your house by some point in January.

Comment

6starpool where is Dopesick on?

Comment

JustWatch is a great site for questions such as that GL2M

Is Netflix, SkyGo, iTunes, etc. streaming Dopesick? Find out where to watch seasons online now!

Comment

Next well be talking about variance and the numpties who act like they're doing you a favour when they agree to run it twice!

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                  Speaking of TV shows, Landscapers is very good, the recreation scenes during the police interviews are outstanding, definitely award winning cinematography.
                                                                  Really? I’ve watched the first two episodes and am rather unimpressed. The wild west scenes etc just strike me as unneeded, trying to be smart for smarts sake. Just tell the story….. or maybe there isn’t much of a story?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                    6starpool where is Dopesick on?
                                                                    It's a hulu show, showing on Disney+ I believe here.

Comment

The trip home for Christmas update.

14 hours to Dubai goes off with out a hitch. Quick stopover, pretty much walking off one plane and on to the other. Grab some free WiFi, and whatsapp message some through to the family hriup. The younger brother has had a positive Antigen test, they’ll all need to isolate until he gets his PCR back.
                                                                      8 hours in the air and land in Dublin to an update, Covid confirmed. 5 days isolation for the lot of them.

Mam calls me. “Just as well you weren’t coming home this year, would have been a disaster”
                                                                      “Yeah, can you imagine the hassle” says I - whilst trying to muffle the arrivals announcement at Dublin airport.

Currently sat in arrivals cafe, with an Irish coffee, and no place to go.

Comment

Yoiks.

Hadn't realised you were pulling the old show up out of the blue stunt Mellor! Take a flight to somewhere else for a few days?
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Come give him your own. Mon, its Christmas
                                                                          Would have loved to but I'm laid up gouty
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

My new song is out today - This song is a collaboration with the artist Verena Simmler, inspired by the cult film "Naked" by Mike Leigh. The Sax and Tuba play counterpoint over drums and piano that gradually builds up into a crescendo that mimics the arc of the film.

Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/track/221lQ...9a2a0df4d24b15

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-rv...71ugL50sTPj5zc

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

14 hours to Dubai goes off with out a hitch. Quick stopover, pretty much walking off one plane and on to the other. Grab some free WiFi, and whatsapp message some through to the family hriup. The younger brother has had a positive Antigen test, they’ll all need to isolate until he gets his PCR back.
                                                                              8 hours in the air and land in Dublin to an update, Covid confirmed. 5 days isolation for the lot of them.

Mam calls me. “Just as well you weren’t coming home this year, would have been a disaster”
                                                                              “Yeah, can you imagine the hassle” says I - whilst trying to muffle the arrivals announcement at Dublin airport.

No family members not living at home you can stay with for a few days?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Would have loved to but I'm laid up gouty
                                                                                Man, what is your diet? Seems to be an annual affliction with you?

Isn't it nicknamed the disease of kings
                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

It's like Home Alone in Reverse . Definitely a film there .
                                                                                  I'D ring the folks , drop the bags and plan 5 days of fun and games .

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                    Yoiks.

Hadn't realised you were pulling the old show up out of the blue stunt Mellor! Take a flight to somewhere else for a few days?
                                                                                    yeah, figure it was the least expected year to turn up so why not. Not going to plan, but we’ll get a funny story out of it.

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

No family members not living at home you can stay with for a few days?
                                                                                    My sister was over in the house briefly. She’s not feeling great so getting a test today to be sure. But her partner was sick (confirmed not Covid) over the weekend so likely that. But probably not 100%.

Plenty of relations who’d have me. But after 24 hours travel on a jumbojet, I’m not a given that I’m clear right not. I wouldn’t like to put that on somebody as it could ruin their Christmas if it turned out I picked up a dose.

Most likely I’ll head up to the north with misses tomorrow.
                                                                                    Last edited by Mellor; 16-12-21, 15:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

It's like Home Alone in Reverse . Definitely a film there .
                                                                                      I'D ring the folks , drop the bags and plan 5 days of fun and games .
                                                                                      A reverse home alone feels like I’ve to find a mansion empty for the holidays and break in

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Man, what is your diet? Seems to be an annual affliction with you?

Isn't it nicknamed the disease of kings
                                                                                        I wish.
                                                                                        It is, according to the plethra of doctors I've seen over the years, a genetic thing.
                                                                                        Coupled with feet fucked from freezing cold floors doing karate in my youth, foot pad athrophy and mild EDS, I'm a model for random shit going on with my feet/ankles.
                                                                                        Hammer water and NSAIDs for a few days and I'm usually good to go.
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I wish.
                                                                                          It is, according to the plethra of doctors I've seen over the years, a genetic thing.
                                                                                          Coupled with feet fucked from freezing cold floors doing karate in my youth, foot pad athrophy and mild EDS, I'm a model for random shit going on with my feet/ankles.
                                                                                          i suffer from dupuytrens contracture. another genetic one. thanks Dad!!!

Comment

Mellor, I live in Ashbourne, only 20mins from the airport. You guys can stay here for a few days if you want. We have a spare room thats small but grand and no kids. Just 2 over friendly dogs you'll have to pet.

Offer is there if you want it, send me your number and we will set it up.

Comment

Free gaff in Dobbys!!!

Comment

I wish.
                                                                                                I have regular debilitating ankle and foot problems too. I can tell you loads of things that it isn't after seeing doctors, consultants, getting x rays, MRI, but I can't tell you what it is. Small outbreaks last days or a couple of weeks, bad ones a couple of months of peaks and troughs, usually once a year roughly, most recently March to May 2021.

It's not fun.

Comment

I have regular debilitating ankle and foot problems too. I can tell you loads of things that it isn't after seeing doctors, consultants, getting x rays, MRI, but I can't tell you what it is. Small outbreaks last days or a couple of weeks, bad ones a couple of months of peaks and troughs, usually once a year roughly, most recently March to May 2021.

It's not fun.
                                                                                                  Diagnosis made: incipient old age and sitting on our asses all day long.

Cure: eh, none

You're welcome. That'll be €2,000.

Comment

It's not fun.
                                                                                                    The body in all connected The foot might be the symptom. The cause might be elsewhere. The spine can be a culprit.

Comment

Many of yous had Covid?

Im into day 3 and feeling alot better. Night 1 was pretty shit, couple of days of having a nasty head cold.

Am I looking at slowly improving or is it a rollercoaster?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Mellor, I live in Ashbourne, only 20mins from the airport. You guys can stay here for a few days if you want. We have a spare room thats small but grand and no kids. Just 2 over friendly dogs you'll have to pet.

Offer is there if you want it, send me your number and we will set it up.
                                                                                                        Cheers Dobby you’re a gent. We ended up booking a hotel at the airport to be save.
                                                                                                        I’ll gonna do an antigen test before heading up to the north on Friday or Saturday

Comment

Younger brother just tested positive for the covid today. Works as a barman, so did well to avoid it for so long. Brilliant timing to feck up his xmas though.
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Is it just five days isolation with covid - or maybe its just that they were close contacts with the brother? Quite the adventure Mellor and failte abhaile! Try the taytos.

Comment

I didn’t say they were 100% corrupt1 they’re also lazy and incompetent!
                                                                                                              tbf it’s not just Ireland they are a shitshow internationally also
                                                                                                              it just annoys me that they never get called out on it, probably a bit much expecting an Irish Business journalist to throw a bit of dirt at them but fuck me easy ride they get is something else
                                                                                                              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

PSV does come out with some utter tripe, but on accountants and audits in general he is 100% correct. Look back through any financial disaster (EG ENRON) and at every stage, there will be a big 4 accounting firm proclaiming that everything is rosy until the very end.

Comment

PSV does come out with some utter tripe, but on accountants and audits in general he is 100% correct. Look back through any financial disaster (EG ENRON) and at every stage, there will be a big 4 accounting firm proclaiming that everything is rosy until the very end.
                                                                                                                  The FAI springs to mind
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Anglo

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                      Is it just five days isolation with covid - or maybe its just that they were close contacts with the brother? Quite the adventure Mellor and failte abhaile! Try the taytos.
                                                                                                                      The brother has to do 10 days iso. Parents and other brother have to do only 5 days - assuming they dodge a positive. Presumably he’s had it since at least Tuesday, so should be fine by Sunday/Monday.
                                                                                                                      But if any of they pick it up the clock resets for then all. Like a really shit gameshow.

Had a bag of Hunky Dory in the airport with my Irish coffee. As good as I remember, basically rippled Tayto.

Comment

Fucking hell Mellor that is shit luck.

Did you tell them you were home anyway?
                                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                          Fucking hell Mellor that is shit luck.

Did you tell them you were home anyway?
                                                                                                                          Nah, felt it would be worse for the mother knowing I was back but had to stay away. I’ll turn up Monday morning and my surprise.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X