Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Wordle Gummidge

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

    lol
    I can only judge people on how I find them and have never had any kind of issue with Luke. That's from working for him and playing in games run by him.

    Lol is a bit of a silly reply tbf.

    Comment


      Originally posted by dobby View Post

      I can only judge people on how I find them and have never had any kind of issue with Luke. That's from working for him and playing in games run by him.

      Lol is a bit of a silly reply tbf.
      Lol is what my lawyers will allow me to say

      Comment


        Got a tiny kitchen in the new house, so thinking of knocking through the kitchen wall to blend the kitchen with the original dining room. Got a quote for €6,800 plus VAT (so, €8,500, I guess). Is that madness, or just the way it is? Thats for knocking down the wall, putting in a steel beam, replastering. We're going to need a bigger loan if thats what a single wall costs to change! ffs.

        Relevant pics of the wall on both sides.

        SPOILER
        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

        Comment


          Why did you buy a house with a tiny kitchen?

          Comment


            Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
            Why did you buy a house with a tiny kitchen?
            I've moved into the life stage of fixing the problems I've already created, rather than trying to introspect on why these problems keep occurring. There's not many houses out there, in fairness.
            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

            Comment


              So who is going bopping tonight ?

              Comment


                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                Got a tiny kitchen in the new house, so thinking of knocking through the kitchen wall to blend the kitchen with the original dining room. Got a quote for €6,800 plus VAT (so, €8,500, I guess). Is that madness, or just the way it is? Thats for knocking down the wall, putting in a steel beam, replastering. We're going to need a bigger loan if thats what a single wall costs to change! ffs.

                Relevant pics of the wall on both sides.

                SPOILER
                Good luck getting the builders to show up for such a small job.
                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Got a tiny kitchen in the new house, so thinking of knocking through the kitchen wall to blend the kitchen with the original dining room. Got a quote for €6,800 plus VAT (so, €8,500, I guess). Is that madness, or just the way it is? Thats for knocking down the wall, putting in a steel beam, replastering. We're going to need a bigger loan if thats what a single wall costs to change! ffs.

                  Relevant pics of the wall on both sides.

                  SPOILER
                  Doing a bigger job but €7500 for that part

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

                    Good luck getting the builders to show up for such a small job.
                    ah! So that's just the price. Feck. I would have guesstimated €1,500 at a push, and for a premium finish at that.
                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                      ah! So that's just the price. Feck. I would have guesstimated €1,500 at a push, and for a premium finish at that.
                      The RSJ (steel beam) alone would prob cost €1500
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                        Hitch, if I can give any advice, it'd be to pause and take stock of your house before you move to swift change. Live in it, figure it out, then start doing your bits of work. You'll figure out what to do and what to prioritise.
                        This. Do this and save hard.
                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          Got a tiny kitchen in the new house, so thinking of knocking through the kitchen wall to blend the kitchen with the original dining room. Got a quote for €6,800 plus VAT (so, €8,500, I guess). Is that madness, or just the way it is? Thats for knocking down the wall, putting in a steel beam, replastering. We're going to need a bigger loan if thats what a single wall costs to change! ffs.

                          Relevant pics of the wall on both sides.

                          SPOILER
                          Re u keeping the carpet

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                            Hitch, if I can give any advice, it'd be to pause and take stock of your house before you move to swift change. Live in it, figure it out, then start doing your bits of work. You'll figure out what to do and what to prioritise.
                            He'll have no choice with the fecking tradesmen scarcity . But good advice

                            Comment


                              EW fancy for Pandemic Princess in the next at Fundalk

                              Edit: notebook ++ IMO
                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 22-10-21, 18:38.
                              Turning millions into thousands

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

                                Re u keeping the carpet
                                Hopefully not!
                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                Comment


                                  First ye stopped me living in beautiful Bray. Now I can't even knock down a wall for ten grand.

                                  ty ty
                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                  Comment




                                    "“Do you know the big wooden crosses they put on a grave before a headstone, they are about four feet high- I saw a fella pull up one of them out of the ground and belt the head of two other fellas. It was savagery."

                                    Comment


                                      Naysayers the lot of them Hitch, don't mind them.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        This current cold going around is just brutal. Think the dobbsmaster was mentioning it earlier in the week also. Seems way worse than regular colds, but maybe I've just forgotten what regular colds are like.
                                        Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

                                        That's nearly true, your immune system has forgotten how to fight them off easily
                                        I went out for a run on September the 5th when I ran out of steam completely after 3K and needed to get a lift home, by that weekend I was feeling the symptoms of a cold , covid negative and since then I've been feeling shitty all the time and in a cycle of rotating through the symptoms of a cold and just about every week I think this is getting better, I'll be running again in a few days and then it comes back worse than the day before. This week the cough got worse so I went to the doc and there is no obvious infection and the bloods aren't showing anything wrong. Since I was with him the cough has got even worse but apparently they don't test the bloods for covid or RSV. Went and did a PCR again this evening but unless I've picked it up on top of whatever is gong on covid doesn't seem likely.
                                        Sick and tired of it can feel the fitness oozing away and the weight piling on just feels like its never going to end.
                                        Turning millions into thousands

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

                                          This. Do this and save hard.
                                          +1 most of the things you want to change, you can live with for the moment,. take stock, and change just the minimum that makes it a home for you guys. you can then do changes as and when you feel it needs to be done

                                          Comment


                                            Or you could go on an unreal hot streak punting and pay for all the work
                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

                                            Comment


                                              Dice75 AndyFatBastard Guest Is there any especially good time to meet up for pints in Drumcondra tomorrow?
                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-40879052.html

                                                "“Do you know the big wooden crosses they put on a grave before a headstone, they are about four feet high- I saw a fella pull up one of them out of the ground and belt the head of two other fellas. It was savagery."
                                                LOL Tuam. Growing up in Galway city, you'd never, ever find a reason to visit Tuam, and the only thing we ever knew about it was that it was full of travellers, and was the biggest hole in County Galway. I'm fairly sure I'll live the remainder of my life without needing to pass through. The number of towns in Ireland that are located inland and that can be judged as 'just alright' or better is vanishingly small, live near the coast or not at all IMHO.

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

                                                  LOL Tuam. Growing up in Galway city, you'd never, ever find a reason to visit Tuam, and the only thing we ever knew about it was that it was full of travellers, and was the biggest hole in County Galway. I'm fairly sure I'll live the remainder of my life without needing to pass through. The number of towns in Ireland that are located inland and that can be judged as 'just alright' or better is vanishingly small, live near the coast or not at all IMHO.
                                                  What's the difference between a hospital and a house in Tuam
                                                  SPOILER
                                                  the house has about 50 more Wards

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                    Got a tiny kitchen in the new house, so thinking of knocking through the kitchen wall to blend the kitchen with the original dining room. Got a quote for €6,800 plus VAT (so, €8,500, I guess). Is that madness, or just the way it is? Thats for knocking down the wall, putting in a steel beam, replastering. We're going to need a bigger loan if thats what a single wall costs to change! ffs.

                                                    Relevant pics of the wall on both sides.

                                                    SPOILER
                                                    I'd be offering cash for all the work, will save a fortune

                                                    Comment


                                                      This is probably the best lineup put together for a cash game in years. Garret is regarded as one of the top NL live cash game players in the world. Ivey and Dwan are in the mix along with a couple of whales in Krish and Mickey. Streamed starts soon. $200/$400 but usually plays with a straddle so much bigger.

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                        https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-40879052.html

                                                        "“Do you know the big wooden crosses they put on a grave before a headstone, they are about four feet high- I saw a fella pull up one of them out of the ground and belt the head of two other fellas. It was savagery."
                                                        Culture boss.

                                                        "Gardaí have commenced an investigation into this incident of violent disorder"

                                                        Lol, a lot of good that investigation will do I'd say. Fucking nacker scum

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

                                                          You didn't miss if (I'm assuming you own AAVE!), it only goes live in a few hours.
                                                          Just bought some AAVE. Thought it was based on holdings a week or two ago.

                                                          I don’t have an FTM wallet. Can it be added to Atomic?
                                                          Although I could jump wallets. Atomic’s shitty app burned me out if 1 years gZil rewards

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                            Just bought some AAVE. Thought it was based on holdings a week or two ago.

                                                            I don’t have an FTM wallet. Can it be added to Atomic?
                                                            Although I could jump wallets. Atomic’s shitty app burned me out if 1 years gZil rewards
                                                            Ahh, apologies, I thought you already had AAVE - yes the snapshot was from a few weeks ago. Lo Siento!

                                                            I don't know much about Atomic, but metamask is the current industry standard.

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post



                                                              I went out for a run on September the 5th when I ran out of steam completely after 3K and needed to get a lift home, by that weekend I was feeling the symptoms of a cold , covid negative and since then I've been feeling shitty all the time and in a cycle of rotating through the symptoms of a cold and just about every week I think this is getting better, I'll be running again in a few days and then it comes back worse than the day before. This week the cough got worse so I went to the doc and there is no obvious infection and the bloods aren't showing anything wrong. Since I was with him the cough has got even worse but apparently they don't test the bloods for covid or RSV. Went and did a PCR again this evening but unless I've picked it up on top of whatever is gong on covid doesn't seem likely.
                                                              Sick and tired of it can feel the fitness oozing away and the weight piling on just feels like its never going to end.
                                                              Forget about the fitness for fucks sake Strewel.

                                                              Xmas day I went for a run and was in gasp mode for all 3k

                                                              A week before I did 8k strong.
                                                              Got diagnosed with Covid a week later.


                                                              Knew there was something wrong with me in the first km or so
                                                              So what I'm saying is listen to your body, take it easy on the running for a bit.

                                                              As for piling on weight you know how to deal with that without running your bollox off.


                                                              At a guess I'd say you have been stressed and are run down (and with HH on the road that's likely!) Maybe time for a nice break.

                                                              Last edited by dinekes; 23-10-21, 01:53.

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

                                                                Ahh, apologies, I thought you already had AAVE - yes the snapshot was from a few weeks ago. Lo Siento!

                                                                I don't know much about Atomic, but metamask is the current industry standard.
                                                                No need to apologise, I see now I misread your post above. There’s future drops, many I’ll catch one.
                                                                also want to consolidate random bits I have everywhere, might check out meta mask

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                  Got a tiny kitchen in the new house, so thinking of knocking through the kitchen wall to blend the kitchen with the original dining room. Got a quote for €6,800 plus VAT (so, €8,500, I guess). Is that madness, or just the way it is? Thats for knocking down the wall, putting in a steel beam, replastering. We're going to need a bigger loan if thats what a single wall costs to change! ffs.

                                                                  Relevant pics of the wall on both sides.

                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                  if your going to do a renovation, do it one big hit. Especially for structural works.


                                                                  GAB gave good advice to get in, test it out, see what you’d change etc. But that said, I can’t see any outside other than new kitchen. It just might not be the one you think you want now.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

                                                                    What's the difference between a hospital and a house in Tuam
                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                    the house has about 50 more Wards
                                                                    Mrs D3 went to boarding school in Tuam.

                                                                    There were a lot of Wards.
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Noble Birth last race Galway

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        I signed up to currency when they were doing their two euro offer. But it just confirmed what I already knew, that there was zero chance of me carving out time to read it, no matter how good it is.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          ​​​​​
                                                                          The eldest is home from Galway and had her first night out since last Xmas, I was jumping to the wrong conclusion this morning but tbf you can't blame me lol ​​​​​​
                                                                          Attached Files
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            This is a fun song to sing.

                                                                             

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                              I'm like HH now with crypto

                                                                              Got report on my back injury and panicked a bit and sold my lovely coins in case of expenses etc. Instant increase in price.

                                                                              Lost out on a nice €1900 profit so far.

                                                                              Reverse barometer but at least made a small profit.
                                                                              "Oh, hows your back Dinekes"
                                                                              "Sure hope it's nothing serious Dinekes"
                                                                              "Get well soon Dinekes"

                                                                              bastards

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                You'd be better off going for an extension with a whole new kitchen imo, assuming you can get the money ofc
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  I'd just move

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    "12 angry men" on tonight (remake)
                                                                                    Pity it isnt the original but will give it a go anyway.

                                                                                    Also have the "The Fifth Element" on DVD ..fun movie
                                                                                    Thats of course If I can hobble over to the DVD player with my bad back!!

                                                                                    Yep, you got it made Dinekes ...you got it made

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                      "12 angry men" on tonight (remake)
                                                                                      Pity it isnt the original but will give it a go anyway.

                                                                                      Also have the "The Fifth Element" on DVD ..fun movie
                                                                                      Thats of course If I can hobble over to the DVD player with my bad back!!

                                                                                      Yep, you got it made Dinekes ...you got it made
                                                                                      Oh, hows your back Dinekes
                                                                                      Sure hope it's nothing serious Dinekes
                                                                                      Get well soon Dinekes

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        HH was right about Danish museums fwiw. The 'Nationalmuseet' in Copenhagen is so good that it took 3hrs+ before the kids started moaning (breaking all previous records by a distance).

                                                                                        Highlight was meeting some actual vikings and asking them for 'our stuff back'. They told us to keep moving or they'd come back and raid us again.
                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

                                                                                          Oh, hows your back Dinekes
                                                                                          Sure hope it's nothing serious Dinekes
                                                                                          Get well soon Dinekes
                                                                                          Why thank you!..how did you know I had a bad back

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                            "12 angry men" on tonight (remake)
                                                                                            Pity it isnt the original but will give it a go anyway.

                                                                                            Also have the "The Fifth Element" on DVD ..fun movie
                                                                                            Thats of course If I can hobble over to the DVD player with my bad back!!

                                                                                            Yep, you got it made Dinekes ...you got it made
                                                                                            Ha, thought I was the only person left who still uses DVD's. Best of luck with the back, don't go too heavy on the opioids
                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              @CC
                                                                                              Cheers

                                                                                              Annoying when they get stuck though.

                                                                                              God I would kill for some opioids. On industrial strength anti inflamms.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Tuborg Classic (very good):

                                                                                                In bar: 60kr (~€8.50)
                                                                                                In shop: 11kr (~1.70)

                                                                                                No wonder the bars are quiet.
                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                                  @CC
                                                                                                  Annoying when they get stuck though.
                                                                                                  I've never had that happen. My charity shop DVD haul this weekend are 'Austin Powers Goldmember', 'The Untouchables' which I'd probably only seen on VHS before today, and 'Midnight In Paris'. Have just watched the first 2. Think I might break out my comically thick stylus, and play some 78s to round off the evening
                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                    Tuborg Classic (very good):

                                                                                                    In bar: 60kr (~€8.50)
                                                                                                    In shop: 11kr (~1.70)

                                                                                                    No wonder the bars are quiet.
                                                                                                    Is that not too dissimilar a ratio to here?

                                                                                                    €6.00ish bar
                                                                                                    €1ish shop
                                                                                                    Tuborg is muck here tho
                                                                                                    Last edited by Degag; 23-10-21, 20:48.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      BennyHiFi or anyone else who might be able to advise.
                                                                                                      I've got a small budget c. 1k to set up a turntable, amp and speakers for a vinyl café. Any recommendations for equipment that would be hardy enough and straightforward to allow randomers use.

                                                                                                      It's a small high roofed space and we'd want to run extra speakers out to a different room.
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        BennyHiFi or anyone else who might be able to advise.
                                                                                                        I've got a small budget c. 1k to set up a turntable, amp and speakers for a vinyl café. Any recommendations for equipment that would be hardy enough and straightforward to allow randomers use.

                                                                                                        It's a small high roofed space and we'd want to run extra speakers out to a different room.
                                                                                                        Sounds cool, where will it be?

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                          BennyHiFi or anyone else who might be able to advise.
                                                                                                          I've got a small budget c. 1k to set up a turntable, amp and speakers for a vinyl café. Any recommendations for equipment that would be hardy enough and straightforward to allow randomers use.

                                                                                                          It's a small high roofed space and we'd want to run extra speakers out to a different room.
                                                                                                          I got an Audio Technica ATLP120 3 years ago that I'm very happy with, though I definitely wouldn't recommend it for randomers to use. You'd really want to get something that's fully automatic. Maybe this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-Techn...06&sr=8-5&th=1 though it wouldnt be any use for my 78s
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            IPB open mic night in SP funky Viynl cafe .

                                                                                                            Will bring a Dublin flag for the wall.

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Spent a decent part of this morning trying, crying, and failing to design a kitchen in a 5.11 square metre space using the IKEA kitchen design app.

                                                                                                                I'm hesitant to claim victory at this point, but it looks almost okay.

                                                                                                                Then in the afternoon we went to a carpet place and tried to identify nice carpets based on rubbing our fingers through the carpets. Is there a better way for picking out carpets?

                                                                                                                Tomorrow we pick out a paint scheme. In the aim to paint the whole place this coming week and have it dry out before moving in the following week.


                                                                                                                There is serious debate in the house as to whether we should be doing any of this at all, or instead move in, get a feel for the place and then make decisions. I get the idea of not making structural changes, but my thinking is that we want to move into somewhere that doesn't look like student digs. Plus the wife lacks a bit of get-up-and-go on projects, so I feel a need to counteract by going more in the opposite direction.


                                                                                                                Not sure there's much of a risk of what we are doing. We're stuck with the kitchen for a few years anyway. So may as well make it functional and nice. It can all be repurposed in a larger kitchen setting anyway, so there's no harm no foul with installing it now.

                                                                                                                Carpets upstairs and flooring downstairs doesn't seem much of a bother and is a nice quality. We'll keep it neutral enough so there's nothing outlandish going in. The paint scheme is hard to do when you are actually in the house, so this two week window is a fairly handy space to use. Well that's my thinking anyway.

                                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

                                                                                                                  Sounds cool, where will it be?
                                                                                                                  In Naas
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Was that norm the bus driver sitting with his back to the camera?!
                                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                                      Was that norm the bus driver sitting with his back to the camera?!
                                                                                                                      Jaysus I remember him all right. A charming individual.

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                                        Was that norm the bus driver sitting with his back to the camera?!
                                                                                                                        Is his name Norm. I played against him way way back in the Merrion days.
                                                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by elbows View Post

                                                                                                                          Is his name Norm. I played against him way way back in the Merrion days.
                                                                                                                          Nearly certain that's his name - providing that's his trademark big bald head.
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X