This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Delighted whatsapps from mine, waster teachers like dobby clearly taking any excuse to shut up shop early so they are all going to St Annes for snowball fights
    My 1st class today is usually at 10.05, left the house at 8.30, usually takes 45mins so I'd have loads of time to get in grab a coffee, get some work done etc. By 9.45, I wasn't even at Whitehall Cross. Rang the school to say I'd be late and needed cover for start of class. Told to go home cos they were closing. Must be shite for parents having to go back. There was enough carnage on the roads as it was. Only took 25mins to get back home.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Or the Bonnington for poker
      Tomorrow I'd say. I could not be arsed going back out today. Possibly a day for the high stool in the local though

Comment

The IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp Limerick Adjudication sub-committayyyyyyyy has spent the entire night furiously cogitating.

The entries were reviewed in full and the standard was deemed to be mediocre at best. But one entry did stand out from the manure as not being totally without artistic merit.

Aaaaaannnnnnnndddddd

the

winnnnnarrrrrrrrr

is

SPOILER
        dinekes, for this little beauty.

The judges loved the conflation of Elite and effete, and the inclusion of IPB hero Our Conor was what swung it.

Congratulations sir, you are the proud possessor of the Golden Ticket. Join us on 12-Mar for the usual wild ride and best of luck in the comp.

Get in there!!

Playing with the houses money

​​

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
          Seems odd that the Joe Rogan podcast is back on Youtube. Would love to see the Spotify numbers.
          I think it was a 3 year deal with Spotify, right? Not renewed it seems
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Ah, the right's Malcom Gladwell.

I think people are cottoning on to Joes brand of psuedo intellectual bs. I've a few buddies who'd have been die harders are sort of swaying.
            How do people even get the time to follow multi hour podcasts?

Comment

Ireland just about to win their first ever cricket Test, vs Afghanistan. They played their first one in 2018, so not too bad.

As an example of the progression required, it took India 20 years to get their first Test win!
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I know the secret

but I don’t actually listen to podcasts
                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Well done with the limericks RDIII very entertaining
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

When I was commuting to work ever day I was going at the Joe Rogaine awful, and hard. Then depending on what kind of work I'm doing I'd have a podcast on in the background a lot of the time. I find when I'm coding I can't listen to voices as I need my internal monologue to think about it properly, so I put on music without lyrics. But when I'm doing my usual operations work it's great to have a podcast going and I would typically listen to two multi-hour podcasts a day.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I was looking up the weather for this weekend earlier in the week and google said it would snow this morning, dunno how the others missed the forecast
                      airport, lol

Comment

Big puff piece on Whitmer in the NYT today. It might be just nothing...or something.

Comment

Several levels of outrage in the media at people who have been living in tents all through the terribly wet winter we've had since November having to spend a night in the snow. We've had weeks with >100mm rain and a half dozen nights with temperatures of -8 People are very strange.

And as for the gobshites out protesting at them building temporary accommodation

They are building a huge facility up the road from me and I was driving by it late the other night when a few lads appeared in the road dressed in black and wearing masks, I was able to veer away from them. Unfortunately I didn't realise who they were or I mightn't have bothered.
                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 01-03-24, 14:02.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                            I was looking up the weather for this weekend earlier in the week and google said it would snow this morning, dunno how the others missed the forecast
                            We don't all run an airport Eamon
                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

I think it was a 3 year deal with Spotify, right? Not renewed it seems
                              It is renewed. It is some non exclusivity but they are still giving him $250m plus ad revenue for the deal

Under the new licensing agreement, Spotify will sell ads for and distribute “The Joe Rogan Experience” across several podcast platforms, including in a video format on YouTube, the company said Friday. Under his previous deal, the show was exclusive to Spotify.
                              I'd say losing the kind of organic traffic that youtube drives to his show has been a big hit and they probably think that using youtube to help drive this kind of traffic along with advertising Spotify heavily during the show is a better approach.

Comment

It would take me a week to listen to one of those 3-4 hour pods. I’m the exact same as AndyFB, I just can’t engage with it and work on certain tasks, it’s reason why 80%+ of my audiobooks are incomplete.

The only one I make sure I listen to is the FA interview, 30-45 mins and Dan Kurtz-Phelan is phenomenal.
                                Clear depth of knowledge on pretty much all the topics discussed and teases out the insights without ever taking control of the conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  My work here is done.

Or at least it will be once you all signup to the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp. You're due.

Comment

meh, raining now so will all be gone by this evening
                                    that was optimistic, mostly dissolved away now

Comment

Anyone wanna buy 10 slice pans ?

Comment

Brave souls who answered the call
                                        and kept hivemind for a time in a thrall.
                                        Sadly the one deemed the winner,
                                        was about some cunts who have dinner
                                        and not who fucked what when where how at all
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

It would take me a week to listen to one of those 3-4 hour pods. I’m the exact same as AndyFB, I just can’t engage with it and work on certain tasks, it’s reason why 80%+ of my audiobooks are incomplete.

The only one I make sure I listen to is the FA interview, 30-45 mins and Dan Kurtz-Phelan is phenomenal.
                                          Clear depth of knowledge on pretty much all the topics discussed and teases out the insights without ever taking control of the conversation.
                                          That FA interview pod is really good alright. You recommended it in here before.
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Sometimes life tosses unavoidable yet very frustrating situations at you.

One of those such situations is applying for grant funding from government agencies.

The bureaucrats​ and academics that infest government bodies are a scourge. Box tickers. Dealing with them is unavoidable, yet very frustrating.

Free money though.
                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

No idea. I am the same with audio books, I am codding myself every time I start one. Unless I like it so much I will listen to it multiple times, I am a knowing fraud when I start one.

Actually, one for you, Bill Gurley and Brad Gernster doing a pod. BGsquared.

I really like Gurley, great orator and always has an incredible take on things (even if I disagree). He's like a thinking mans David Sachs.

All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Don't expect there are many Galloway fans on here but an refreshing interview none the less ..........

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                    Don't expect there are many Galloway fans on here but an refreshing interview none the less ..........

Enjoyed that , one thing about GG , he ain't boring.

Comment

Ireland just about to win their first ever cricket Test, vs Afghanistan. They played their first one in 2018, so not too bad.

As an example of the progression required, it took India 20 years to get their first Test win!
                                                      Not quite the same achievement given India’s first Test win was against England rather than the powerhouse that is Afghanistan.
                                                      if we can beat one of the top 3 by 20 year mark, maybe it’d be a similar achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                        No idea. I am the same with audio books, I am codding myself every time I start one. Unless I like it so much I will listen to it multiple times, I am a knowing fraud when I start one.
                                                        I’m the same with Audio books. I’ll stick one on in bed, the commute, the gym. And it takes multiple attempts at a single chapter to get through it.
                                                        Mostly I stick it on in bed to zone out and put me to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Not quite the same achievement given India’s first Test win was against England rather than the powerhouse that is Afghanistan.
                                                          if we can beat one of the top 3 by 20 year mark, maybe it’d be a similar achievement
                                                          NZ took 40+ .
                                                          This is Ireland , a minority sport with very few playing compared to the countries where the sport is played by millions. . Its quite an achievement, to me even greater than Indias.

Comment

lol , I know Galloway a bit extra , but political journalists on cable news stations like this are such disgusting shells of humans, little pink faced bobble headed piggies who think they are something special because they regurgitate scraps from their masters, absolute hacks, we’ve got our own here like Richard chambers and that Gavin lad can’t remember his name.

Sunak some little rat too .
                                                            Last edited by MysteryGuest; 02-03-24, 15:44.
                                                            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Do not know Galloway from Adam. But he's dead right about one thing in that interview, why should the PM's comments be presented to him like he needs to answer, or justify. He has an undeniable mandate from his constituents.

Comment

Mister S up near the Bleeding Horse for dinner 3/5, can do better BBQ myself. wont be back.

Comment

Looking for somewhere with genuine vegetarian options in the N4 corridor, Liffey Valley - Enfield ?

Comment

This is probably technically possible for a few years now for a home brew kit? I am not sure though Elon boosting the signal of just how easy, is a great thing. Maybe though raising awareness increases pressure on things to combat them.

Last edited by Opr; 03-03-24, 11:26.

Comment

Looking for somewhere with genuine vegetarian options in the N4 corridor, Liffey Valley - Enfield ?
                                                                      Try the Green Fields lovely spot
                                                                      just at the side of the road
                                                                      plenty of open spaces

Comment

There is a viral clip of Van Dijk taking a phone from someone in the crowd to film the goal celebration yesterday. Turns out its part of a brand deal Liverpool have with Pixel. You score a last minute winner to stay top of the league and your grabbing a phone to film an advertisement. Game is gone!

Last edited by Opr; 03-03-24, 12:03.

Comment

Some really terrible polling for Biden this weekend. Had a few more quid on Whitmer @100s in the outright.

Basically the betting markets suggest that the Dem pecking order is:
                                                                          1. Michelle Obama
                                                                          2. Gavin Newsom
                                                                          3. Kamala Harris
                                                                          4. Whitmer
                                                                          I think the two Trens are laughable and are not even serious contenders. Michelle Obama isn't even a politician and Harris is damaged goods.
                                                                          I'd rather have a speculative few quid on Whitmer (who after all would deliver one of the key swing states) than Newsom.

Here's hoping Sleepy Joe starts drooling during the State of the Nation this week.

Comment

. Michelle Obama isn't even a politician and Harris is damaged goods.
                                                                            The later it gets the more likely they can put a gun to Michelle's head...It's either you or the end of democracy.
                                                                            Note that the republicunts are again running someone who is 'not a politician'

I'd be worried if MO ended up standing as she has the exact same issue as Harris; She is a black woman.

Comment

Some really terrible polling for Biden this weekend. Had a few more quid on Whitmer @100s in the outright.

Basically the betting markets suggest that the Dem pecking order is:
                                                                              1. Michelle Obama
                                                                              2. Gavin Newsom
                                                                              3. Kamala Harris
                                                                              4. Whitmer
                                                                              I think the two Trens are laughable and are not even serious contenders. Michelle Obama isn't even a politician and Harris is damaged goods.
                                                                              I'd rather have a speculative few quid on Whitmer (who after all would deliver one of the key swing states) than Newsom.

Here's hoping Sleepy Joe starts drooling during the State of the Nation this week.
                                                                              As SP has said, i don’t think it matters that MO isn’t a politician. Think she could step in and garner huge support against Trump but she has ruled herself out?

Not sure i like a supposedly moral person like yourself though hoping Joe totally loses it for the sake of a few bob

Comment

As SP has said, i don’t think it matters that MO isn’t a politician. Think she could step in and garner huge support against Trump but she has ruled herself out?

Not sure i like a supposedly moral person like yourself though hoping Joe totally loses it for the sake of a few bob
                                                                                Actually I think the opposite is true.

Biden is past it. I want him to go into honourable retirement with his historical legacy secure, rather than being regarded as the old dodderer who enabled a second Trump term.

Me making a few quid on the deal would be the icing on the cake and due reward for my sagacity.

Comment

Fook this. Was looking forward to sweating Shane this evening.
                                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Actually I think the opposite is true.

Biden is past it. I want him to go into honourable retirement with his historical legacy secure, rather than being regarded as the old dodderer who enabled a second Trump term.

Me making a few quid on the deal would be the icing on the cake and due reward for my sagacity.
                                                                                    But Biden is still a better proposition than Trump.

Do you think another Dem candidate has a better chance than Joe? Like if whitmer did get the nod, will she be better odds than him? I doubt it.

So in my mind JB is still the best option barring possibly MO.

I also think that if Biden pulls out it hurts his legacy alot.

(BTW i backed Whitmer too after you mentioned it a few weeks ago for the craic)

Comment

But Biden is still a better proposition than Trump.
                                                                                      Well duh. My dog would be a better proposition than Trump

Do you think another Dem candidate has a better chance than Joe? Like if whitmer did get the nod, will she be better odds than him? I doubt it.
                                                                                      Yes, I do. Look at his favourability ratings (these are really important for a sitting prez) - they're in the toilet.

Also, a younger Dem candidate takes the two big Trump talking points out of the race (Biden's age, his record) and focuses the laser back squarely on Trump himself. Even Dem voters want Biden to drop out.

So in my mind JB is still the best option barring possibly MO.

I also think that if Biden pulls out it hurts his legacy alot.

(BTW i backed Whitmer too after you mentioned it a few weeks ago for the craic)
                                                                                      You know it makes sense Rodney, this time next year we'll be millionaires!

Comment

Fook this. Was looking forward to sweating Shane this evening.
                                                                                        Back out 9 20 for a few hours

Comment

Also, a younger Dem candidate takes the two big Trump talking points out of the race (Biden's age, his record) and focuses the laser back squarely on Trump himself. Even Dem voters want Biden to drop out.
                                                                                          I don’t think it’s that easy though. Nikki Haley has failed miserably. Youngish, female, somewhat attractive.

Yes the same party but what changes if she was blue?

Comment

I don’t think it’s that easy though. Nikki Haley has failed miserably. Youngish, female, somewhat attractive.

Yes the same party but what changes if she was blue?
                                                                                            She's irrelevant to the discussion - you can't conflate her with a Demo opponent (although I guess you did).

A younger opponent:
                                                                                            1. takes away 'the age thing' - and in fact flips it. Voters tend to forget Trump is also a geriatric.
                                                                                            2. takes away Biden's negatives (which are huge)
                                                                                            3. re-energizes the younger vote

Comment

Just over a week left to enter the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp, which annually pays out a four-figure prize to the champion.

The only tipping competition to be populated by poets.

So there I was, in some dark room;
                                                                                              I won't explain quite how
                                                                                              I came to be there in the gloom.
                                                                                              It doesn't matter now.

But let's just say I'd got in debt
                                                                                              and, hearing poker pays,
                                                                                              took all I had, prepared to bet,
                                                                                              and sat down at the baize.

At first the rivers, flops and turns
                                                                                              went sailing o'er my head,
                                                                                              but it's surprising what one learns
                                                                                              when one might soon be dead.

I won a ton and lost a ton,
                                                                                              then, losing my last pound,
                                                                                              I said goodbye and aimed my gun.
                                                                                              And crumpled to the ground.

Comment

Indian?
                                                                                                Delhi Dunbar in Lucan village is quite nice
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

She's irrelevant to the discussion - you can't conflate her with a Demo opponent (although I guess you did).

A younger opponent:
                                                                                                  1. takes away 'the age thing' - and in fact flips it. Voters tend to forget Trump is also a geriatric.
                                                                                                  2. takes away Biden's negatives (which are huge)
                                                                                                  3. re-energizes the younger vote
                                                                                                  The money wants Joe.
                                                                                                  Everything else can whistle

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

The money wants Joe.
                                                                                                    Everything else can whistle
                                                                                                    Nobody wants Joe.

Biden.jpg

Comment

Nobody wants Joe.

Biden.jpg
                                                                                                      The money wants Joe.
                                                                                                      I mean Doners

Comment

One for you Raoul...

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

The money wants Joe.
                                                                                                          I mean Doners
                                                                                                          Kebabs?

Comment

Bonkers week there. Went to Singapore for work last weekend. Was class, ate rings around myself, bought some records.

Worked there on Thursday, went from the office to the airport and got back to Dublin at 6am on Fri.

Took an age to get home due to the snow and had been awake for 33 hours at that stage.

Slept for 2 hours, then went back to the airport to go to Berlin.

Walked the legs off ourselves, bought some records.

Went to see Air doing Moon Safari in an incredible venue (Theater des Westens).

Got back to the house at 11pm last night and made it to the office today. Have a bunch of meetings this afternoon, can't begin to imagine the nonsense i'll be talking.

Edit: someone recorded the whole Air show:
                                                                                                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

This is absolutely insane, the richest man in Asia's son is getting married. The wedding is not till July but they had a pre wedding party the weekend gone that apparently cost $150m. It did provide us with this picture

GHsavKyWwAAWmb9?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg
                                                                                                              Last edited by Opr; 04-03-24, 18:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                                Bonkers week there. Went to Singapore for work last weekend. Was class, ate rings around myself, bought some records.

Worked there on Thursday, went from the office to the airport and got back to Dublin at 6am on Fri.

Took an age to get home due to the snow and had been awake for 33 hours at that stage.

Got back to the house at 11pm last night and made it to the office today. Have a bunch of meetings this afternoon, can't begin to imagine the nonsense i'll be talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYqv3v2bQCA
                                                                                                                Nice! Going to watch this before it is taken down.

I interviewed Air (well one of them, Nicholas I think) when they released Talkie Walkie for a music mag in Australia.

Not a huge fan but he was a lovely guy and this album has only gotten better over the years.
                                                                                                                Last edited by BennyHiFi; 04-03-24, 18:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYqv3v2bQCA
                                                                                                                  Love Moon Safari, bought it when it came out after a very fruitful trip to Tower records . That and Gomezbring it on. What a haul. Saw both live . Air in the Olympia was disappointing as i waned to hear the girl sing but she didnt do the gig. Gomez were great .

Comment

I thought Caitlyn Jenner was taller than that.
                                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The collection of gobshites and imbeciles that are crawling out from under all sorts of rocks to call for no votes in the forthcoming referenda are quite the representation of the worst elements of each point along the political spectrum.

Comment

The collection of gobshites and imbeciles that are crawling out from under all sorts of rocks to call for no votes in the forthcoming referenda are quite the representation of the worst elements of each point along the political spectrum.
                                                                                                                        I covered it with a CSPE class last week, just to explain to them what a referendum is and how it works, why it's important to exercise their right to vote etc.

But when I thought about it myself later, it seems like a vote for Yes? This is the 1st time I'm a bit unsure tbh. Like the choice and marriage referendums were slam dunk Yes votes. This one seems a bit wordy or something. I'm not sure how to explain it. But leaning towards Yes.

Comment

Bit harsh on McDowell and O'Malley.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X