This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    That equity thing is a tough one laz. I feel Theresa has hit the nail on the head with the potential awkwardness. But ... to a large extent you are a partner in the firm and clearly would have the capability to run a firm like that yourself. Like the 38 year old lady wondering whether her man is going to put a baby in her or she needs to move on, its maybe about getting to an understanding as to whether you are a real partner in the firm or you need to move on to your own endeavour while you are in peak condition.
    Ah, for me it's not near that simple. I certainly could break away with my own endeavour and make a good go at it. The tech end of our industry (Smart home) is brand new and I've carved out an expertise in it that's sought after. Have had four different companies make advances.

I've no interest in moving away from the status quo though. I'm happy, and I'm making enough money to support my family.

I could jump ship, make more money, but increase my lifestyle to match. The happiness would likely be missing though, and that's key.
    Last edited by Lazare; 11-11-23, 23:23.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

This is golfer Noel, Laz? Obviously that lads sounds as a pound.

But these kinda things aren't as much about you and Noel, as they are about wives, sons, daughters, other employers, investors, potential purchasers, potential new business partners. You and Noel might be solid as a rock but you and the rest of that crew, who at various points, might have influence for one reason or another over Noel or the business, might not be as solid.

I'll drop it now cos I know the stress of these convos all too well so best of luck with it. Generally when two reasonable people have a shared interest, even if the convo is awks, it tends to work out for both parties to get something on paper and everyone happy.
      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Food for thought Steve.

Thanks man.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I've been burnt in the past with (mis)understandings that things were implicit. They weren't.

Ultimately though it's down to Laz. There's an interesting dynamic to the situation that clearly he can only be the judge of.
          Likewise, have lost what I thought was quite a bit money I was going to get twice.

once when i was in my early 20’s and it was a less than 2k but seemed like a lot. Some people are dicks was the lesson.

second time in my mid 30’s when i should have insisted on a contract and it was a lot more. Everyone agrees to share until the moment they have the choice to share.

insert Jerry maguire my word is my oak gif.

Different situations, I put work in to build but wasn’t needed to maintain so was burnable.

Comment

Sorry I am pretty pissed after and that sounded very gloomy. I am sure you know your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

This kind of begs the question, are they being sold / marketed based on the name or are they actually great to sit on,
              and this leads to a follow on question, why was it in the shed if it's so great (and at €1000 it feckin better be!)
              Assume it’s the Aeron (maybe the Cosm). They are very good chairs. Lots of ergonomic adjustments to make it fit you. I generally only use them in executive offices. On the office floor where people hotdesk, usually go with a less adjustable chair.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

They're sold new in bulk to companies for ~200. Companies are incredible wasteful when they move or change offices.

There's a guy in the US who makes millions just from being the middle man between companies changing offices.
              They’ve increased in price a lot over the last few years. At 200 probably refurbished. New in bulk is still prob 500-600, even with 1000 units. Maybe a bit lower if your a massive multination with a direct contract.

Completely agree with companies being wasteful. A client is consolidating 4 offices into one building. Tendered for 4000 new chairs ($2.4m). We suggested they they audit their existing chairs. Turns out they were mostly one or models, and after discarding broken and random chairs, they’d only need a couple if hundred extra. Bit that’s not the norm.

Im not surprised that companies are wasteful. But it’s more surprising when you think that being wasteful also costs millions (~$2m saved above)

Comment

Eight-storey high apartment block too high for the city-fucking-centre. for the luv of all thats holy. https://www.independent.ie/business/...729700800.html

we generally accepted the idea yesterday that it was a good thing to kill a million people for our own purposes, but what about - and hear me out here - we adjust that slightly and also get to select who those million people are - like some of the numpties who are involved in objecting to stuff like this? And remember its not a slippery slope if you label it a fun slide.
                Lmfao. Classic Irish planning. 8 stories in a European capital city is overdevelopment.

The pub is worried about their beer garden. They prob get sun 5 days in Summer. Meanwhile they just evicted locals who’d be there 365

Comment

Flying to Aus tomorrow.

YYC-SFO then 14 hours in SFO (by choice). Gonna go do some sightseeing, wandering, maybe cause a self driving car crash. Have booked a hotel for the day so can gym, shower and be grand before my next flight.

Then onto a 14 hour flight to Melbourne, fuck though am I tempted to upgrade my seat. I was in there answering the old window or aisle dilemma, window is usually my answer cos Im small, lazy and have a sturdy bladder so can sleep for most of the flight but something is pushing me to aisle for this one. The aisle or legroom ish is decent but having to get up to let small bladdered freaks use the jaxx is annoying though.

All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Wife away. Daughter at a sleepover. So just me and the youngest. I've been saying to him we'll have a lads day out. Comes today and we end up in the city centre and I go to look up what to actually do. Thought there might be a retro gaming arcade, VR place, arcade game place. Nothing available. Cinema - nothing. We've been to all the museums and they are fairly dodgy anyway.

Tried to make do as best as possible. Corn dogs in White Rabbit. Went to very disappointing The Rage in Temple Bar. Kingdom of Sweets. In the end we decided to get the new Mario game for the Switch and call it a day.

The city centre feels a mixture of the drugland in The Wire and what Kyiv are scared that Kyiv will eventually turn into if the Russians escalate bombing it. It's really really grim.

I just don't get it? Like why wouldn't they have it look a bit nicer? We quite possibly need a mayor who knows they are going to lose their job if they don't make the city look nice as it has been took shocking for too long. But particularly grim at the moment.

That's mad. I was in town this afternoon and the place was buzzing. Bars, cafes and restaurants were absolutely packed, Really great vibe about the place. Huge crowd for the Palestine protest as well.

Best advice I could give is to avoid Temple Bar like the plague. That area (even though there is a few places trying hard and I do support them) is just a tourist trap kip.

I had a few things to do in town but motivation was low so I stopped into Peters Pub for a break and some liquid refreshment to recharge the batteries. Sitting at the bar when this timid Spanish girl comes in to order a drink from the old school barman

"Thrwee pints of Moreyhetea please"

"Sorry love, say again?"

"I'm really sorry, I didn't get that"

"Apologises love, one more time please"

At this point, I felt like saying, 'She wants 3 bleedin' pints of Moretti but thought it best to keep schtum.

"3 pints of Moretti? We don't serve Moretti love..."

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                      Flying to Aus tomorrow.

YYC-SFO then 14 hours in SFO (by choice). Gonna go do some sightseeing, wandering, maybe cause a self driving car crash. Have booked a hotel for the day so can gym, shower and be grand before my next flight.

Then onto a 14 hour flight to Melbourne, fuck though am I tempted to upgrade my seat. I was in there answering the old window or aisle dilemma, window is usually my answer cos Im small, lazy and have a sturdy bladder so can sleep for most of the flight but something is pushing me to aisle for this one. The aisle or legroom ish is decent but having to get up to let small bladdered freaks use the jaxx is annoying though.
                      Can you not fly business and write it off? Zero chance I would go that far in economy given my height problems! Can you not get a bulkhead/ exit row for a smallish fee?

Comment

85r7ae.jpeg

Comment

Don't FatherTed-TommyTiernan me zuut! The critical thing was not me, but the eight-year-old boy (I'm great, he's the problem). They want specific things to be entertained at that age. And overhearing broken-English conversations in Peters Pub is unlikely to hack it. Was just surprised there was so little to do. Like, even just a place with old Playstation 2s etc set up to play original StreetFighter, that type of stuff.
                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Been looking up the Bryan Johnson Blueprint. Guess there must be 80% of the benefit obtainable for maybe just 5% of the action. Not particularly about longevity, but you do start to see the impact of lifestyle on later life when you look at celebrities and compare those who adopted high-quality lifestyles early in life vs those who lived it large (looking at you Axel), but more about not having brain fog during the day.

Sleep seems to be the key thing that determines everything else.

But, how do you get consistently into that 90% sleep score range? Looking back over the scores on the FitBit and 85 is the highest score ever obtained, but its usually around 75-77. Highest scores are usually obtained over holiday periods which are periods of low stress and longer sleep hours. But still not high enough. Guess a biggish thing is cutting out eating sugar crap in the evenings as that impacts on the early stages of sleeping.

I feel you could invade a small country with the energy and focus if you were consistently getting 90%+ sleep scores.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Yep, this is it really. There is a very specific dynamic to the situation alright. Noel, my boss, best friend, brother from another mother, is a pretty unique guy. I don't know anyone else like him.

I've almost 40 years experience of him being nothing but selfless and kind and being a solid friend. That friendship and bond has strengthened immeasurably over the 13 years I've been working for him.

Although we've had plenty of rows and arguments we will never fall out, so I feel I'm very secure.

May well have a chat about the distant future though, this whole pre-nup thing is a me thing, in my head. He'd likely welcome such a conversation.
                              Well, as The Great Communicator once said:

"trust - but verify".

Doesn't sound like there's anything but upside from asking the question.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

Can you not fly business and write it off? Zero chance I would go that far in economy given my height problems! Can you not get a bulkhead/ exit row for a smallish fee?
                                I’ve always wondered what people mean when they say “write it off”. Sure I could expense it but it’s still capital from the start up that can definitely be used better elsewhere.

I can also for sure claim some of the tax of the cost back on next years Corp tax return. But that’s only a % and it’s also next year, we could be figuratively dead by then.

On the other hand, I could actually be dead by then I suppose.

Comment

Was driving up Edmonstown road up to Cruagh yesterday and noticed the speed sign @ 60KPH

Despite my recent law breaking I was doing way less than that given that it's a narrow, twisty dangerous road. Loads of cyclists and some walkers (no footpath for most of it)
                                  Its a bloody dangerous road and yet it's a 60KPH
                                  And I have been tailgates on it by morons. Had one particularly bad one where some dickhead was up my hole. I was going appropriate speed. Go round corner and theres a couple with the girl angling herself to cross the road on a bend. Literally in that getting ready to dash across and pulling back at the last second position. On a blind bend!
                                  The idiot behind me couldn't have cared less it was a w/e or that it was a narrow road or that there might be a pedestrian. Moron just wanted to get somewhere fast.
                                  I have actually been overtaken on that road once by 4 young lads, could hear them whooping as they flew by (which is basically skin to manslaughter attempt)

The road the camera caught me is Firhouse Road near Ballyboden GAA. The bit I was on is 4 lanes, great visibility, big grass verge huge footpath etc. Its a 50KPH zone.

That simply doesn't make sense to me. The more dangerous road should be the one with the lower speed sign and the enforcement. Wouldn't generate much revenue though.

4 counties Cork, Mayo, Galway and Tipo account for 40% of road deaths (I think) Rural areas with narrow roads and no enforcement and few cameras.

I know says Eamon, let's just get loads of revenue from the least likely places in the country for their to be a RTA death... and bike lanes loads of bike lanes as everyone including old arthritic crippled people should be out on their bikes like me and everyone should live less than 3 miles from their workplace like me.
                                  And let's have lots of ambiguity about what constitutes an ebike
                                  Wouldn't do to have any clarity/ oversight or enforcement there. How many accidents injury caused by ebike on footpaths etc

Another interesting statistic is that of the pedestrians killed on a road 20% were either standing in the middle of the road or lying in the middle of the road.

Given the relatively small sample size of deaths however even a few deaths will skew the figures.

Another huge problem even with the existing speed limits is tailgating. Lower limits will just equate to the more law abiding/conscientious/nervous drivers being bullied relentlessly on the roads and dangerous overtaking and there will be absolutely fuck all enforcement.

Was in the left hand lane Belgard road doing close to limit 60KPH. (Could be 80 actually) Almost level with traffic on my right.
                                  Guy who was tailgating on the right decides to zoom in behind me and glue himself to my bumper for 300 metres or so.
                                  I ignored him and he zooms back in to the other lane and resumes the TG.

Don't mind the fine or anything but if they want to save lives get the fuckers flying up mountains @70kph or the 4 lads in the Impreza doing 90 in a 60. But they won't get a fine up there because there's no cameras ( there's no money in it)
                                  Or fine the pedestrian who jaywalks or the overweight twat on the souped up ebike booting down a footpath

Oh I dunno

Last edited by dinekes; 12-11-23, 12:51.

Comment

Somehat topically Dinkies . 20s something killed at Red Cow last night , was on the road after vacating the car. Never know wnen yer last footstep is.

Hmm, take the plane upgrade to Aussie - lifes short .

Comment

Nice post Dinekes. Although disagree that there's any financial motive behind the whole thing - clearly traffic fines are pennies in the grand scheme of things. Plus I've been driving a fair bit more carefully since getting the fine. The fine, like you, was for driving 72 on an empty dual carriageway (N11), but it has had a knock on effect of encouraging me to drive safer elsewhere. So maybe thats grand then - you are now more conscious of speeding and I'm more conscious, even though the fine itself was handed out on roads that are relatively safe. We're part of the problem and now we are less of a problem. Absolutely guaranteed those four muppets overtaking on a bend will also get caught on one of the safer roads also.

Comment

I’ve always wondered what people mean when they say “write it off”. Sure I could expense it but it’s still capital from the start up that can definitely be used better elsewhere.

I can also for sure claim some of the tax of the cost back on next years Corp tax return. But that’s only a % and it’s also next year, we could be figuratively dead by then.

On the other hand, I could actually be dead by then I suppose.

Theresa 2022: I'm going to be the Hunter S. Thompson of the golf VC world, lets burn this mo'fo down!
                                        Theresa 2023: ...providing my accountant thinks its tax optimal

ripdotie

Comment

jaysus, thats some increase in consultants. Mad pay if you make it to the top. Presumably a range of allowances and overtime can then push it easily into the 300k+ range.

Basic pay under the contract ranges from €217,325 to €261,051 on a six-point scale, with additional pay for on-call duties and overtime and supports for medical education training and research.

There are 3,929 consultants working in the public health service, of which 3,487 are in permanent posts. This compares to 2,592 permanently-filled posts in 2019, a 35 per cent increase.

Comment

Theresa 2022: I'm going to be the Hunter S. Thompson of the golf VC world, lets burn this mo'fo down!
                                            Theresa 2023: ...providing my accountant thinks its tax optimal

ripdotie
                                            Accountant?

That’s capital that can be better spent elsewhere.

Comment

jaysus, thats some increase in consultants. Mad pay if you make it to the top. Presumably a range of allowances and overtime can then push it easily into the 300k+ range.

Ah well at least SF will tax the fuck out of them so they leave to work elsewhere.

Comment

I was behind what was within milliseconds of being a serious accident in the motorway yesterday.
                                                Some gobdaw was cruising at about 90 kmph on the outside lane of quiet traffic, a queue of about 6 have built up behind her and she is not pulling over when a gobshite in a BMW flies by undertaking at > 140, he gets through ok and then number 1 in the queue gives up waiting and eases in to undertake, when No 4 in an electric dives in and accelerates very rapidly and looking from behind I was certain they were going to collide with the lad who was still easing in.
                                                I was still last in the queue to undertake and I was like 500M up the road when I see in the mirror, the cruiser finally pull into the left.

I'm not sure what the actual rules are here, I reckon undertaking is always wrong and you are supposed to suck it up and stay behind the car that is blocking the lane? But if you are going to you have to let the the cars in front of you go first.
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Nice post Dinekes. Although disagree that there's any financial motive behind the whole thing - clearly traffic fines are pennies in the grand scheme of things. Plus I've been driving a fair bit more carefully since getting the fine. The fine, like you, was for driving 72 on an empty dual carriageway (N11), but it has had a knock on effect of encouraging me to drive safer elsewhere. So maybe thats grand then - you are now more conscious of speeding and I'm more conscious, even though the fine itself was handed out on roads that are relatively safe. We're part of the problem and now we are less of a problem. Absolutely guaranteed those four muppets overtaking on a bend will also get caught on one of the safer roads also.
                                                  Agreed it's pennies in the grand scheme- I want those pennies to be spent on cameras in the dangerous areas accompanied by highly visible signage though
                                                  Yeah I got caught on bank holiday Monday, thing is though I normally rarely go over posted speeds so that was an anomaly for me but commonplace for others I would assume given what I see on the roads every day. Commercial vans/jeeps and certain brands of cars basically want to drive through you whatever speed you're doing or whatever lane you are in.

Comment

Flying to Aus tomorrow.

For long flights I like the emergency seats, no need to ever get up for someone, or ask someone to move.

Comment

Here's the substack post I mentioned during the week - https://open.substack.com/pub/daragh...utm_medium=web

I'll be doing it monthly, so sign up if you enjoy it.

Thanks to Dobby for the feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        I was behind what was within milliseconds of being a serious accident in the motorway yesterday.
                                                        Some gobdaw was cruising at about 90 kmph on the outside lane of quiet traffic, a queue of about 6 have built up behind her and she is not pulling over when a gobshite in a BMW flies by undertaking at > 140, he gets through ok and then number 1 in the queue gives up waiting and eases in to undertake, when No 4 in an electric dives in and accelerates very rapidly and looking from behind I was certain they were going to collide with the lad who was still easing in.
                                                        I was still last in the queue to undertake and I was like 500M up the road when I see in the mirror, the cruiser finally pull into the left.

I'm not sure what the actual rules are here, I reckon undertaking is always wrong and you are supposed to suck it up and stay behind the car that is blocking the lane? But if you are going to you have to let the the cars in front of you go first.
                                                        Perfect example of careless driving. Its the overtake lane only AFAIK.
                                                        ​​​​​​

Comment

Schools shut until 10am tomorrow.

Where's our no-work-until-10am, Joe?

Comment

You are allowed to move faster in the inside lane on a motorway btw. Its not called undertaking in that circumstance. It was one of those guaranteed questions on the driving theory test.

Comment

You are allowed to move faster in the inside lane on a motorway btw. Its not called undertaking in that circumstance. It was one of those guaranteed questions on the driving theory test.
                                                              Wrong. The way as described is undertaking. When you change lanes to go faster than the car in front of you is over/under taking.
                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                Here's the substack post I mentioned during the week - https://open.substack.com/pub/daragh...utm_medium=web

Seeing as you're on a South American vibe, you should do one about the hooker from Cork who was instrumental in causing The War of the Triple Alliance.

Genuinely mad story.

Comment

That was one great game of football. Chelsea starting to come good.

Comment

Thats very well written. Really engaging writing style.

Small typo here: "Teolo had been a waiter before taking command of the Germans" - should be Teola, presumably.

I blame Dobby for not recommending going into more detail on Teola's wife's beauty.

Is the overall premise fair on poor Billy Cotter? - as in, was it well-established that he did engage in a scam, or could he have been under a similar misapprehension as to the shipping purpose. The fact the ships were well-stocked, there was no firm purpose for the arrivals (they seem to have primarily spent the time hanging out in pubs despite being paid a minor allowance), and he 'wasted' resources shipping women and children alongside the supposed key desire of male soldiers, seems to raise a bit of a doubt. If he wanted to maximise profits, he wouldn't have wasted berths on women and children and well-stocked ships.

Comment

Just reading about this case, mainly as the person lives locally. Seems she is now on the hook for hundreds of thousands of legal fees because of a fairly dodgy legal strategy. Given she herself is in the legal profession, I went on to her website and it gives off definite vibes of: you don't need to be on drugs to read this, but it helps. You may, if you wish, note the bizarre quote alongside the codolences on the main page, or peruse the sections on the side - which all give off a definite flavour of something out of the ordinary in operation.

Comment

Schools shut until 10am tomorrow.

Where's our no-work-until-10am, Joe?
                                                                        Spent a few mins slagging the wife about messaging her boss asking if they were going in at 10am tomorrow. Only for a text from the school letting me know they're not opening until 10am ro be delivered minutes later. She had the last laugh I guess.

Comment

I really have to get a tech update.
                                                                          Was emailing back and forth with a GM earlier re a meeting with a company for their energy accounts.
                                                                          He was apologising for missing my email last week etc and gave me a choice of times and days so I go Thursday at 9 perfect.
                                                                          Job done...happy days He then sends a teams meeting thingy which always sends me into a mild panic. Reply yes no maybe .....what the fuck
                                                                          There's a link and all that stuff so now I'm thinking its a virtual meet.

Last time this happened I screwed it up by actually turning up. still got the sale though

​​​​I'm foostering around googling teams etc and all that and thankfully he clarifies that it's an "in person meet"

Think I'm with Dom on the old train driver job as the perfect uncomplicated gig....although they might have some buttons saying do not press Dougal!

Comment

Seeing as you're on a South American vibe, you should do one about the hooker from Cork who was instrumental in causing The War of the Triple Alliance.

Genuinely mad story.
                                                                            Cool that's a great story I didn't know about, will look into that!

Comment

Thats very well written. Really engaging writing style.

Small typo here: "Teolo had been a waiter before taking command of the Germans" - should be Teola, presumably.

I blame Dobby for not recommending going into more detail on Teola's wife's beauty.

Is the overall premise fair on poor Billy Cotter? - as in, was it well-established that he did engage in a scam, or could he have been under a similar misapprehension as to the shipping purpose. The fact the ships were well-stocked, there was no firm purpose for the arrivals (they seem to have primarily spent the time hanging out in pubs despite being paid a minor allowance), and he 'wasted' resources shipping women and children alongside the supposed key desire of male soldiers, seems to raise a bit of a doubt. If he wanted to maximise profits, he wouldn't have wasted berths on women and children and well-stocked ships.

Thanks for the compliment, that's what I was aiming for. As for the type, thanks, fixed that now.

As for Cotter, yes there is no doubt. Brazil was at war with Argentina, all the Brazilian press at the time was firmly against the war, and plucky old Cotter sailed over to Ireland to recruit thousands of Irish without letting them know this little detail!

Comment

Was talking about how sound my boss is, he just sent this to the work whatsapp group.

Hi All. Based on the latest weather warnings, stay home in the morning till at least 10 am . This will give enough time to see how the storm is panning out . Please be ready to travel at 10 if we are in the clear . Stay safe and see you soon

Comment

Thanks for the compliment, that's what I was aiming for. As for the type, thanks, fixed that now.

As for Cotter, yes there is no doubt. Brazil was at war with Argentina, all the Brazilian press at the time was firmly against the war, and plucky old Cotter sailed over to Ireland to recruit thousands of Irish without letting them know this little detail!

Comment

Looking forward to reading HJ, will hopefully get to do so tonight. Will subscribe.

Comment

oversharing

Now come blow me storm debbie i needs me testosterone boosted.
                                                                                      Last edited by Solksjaer!; 12-11-23, 23:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                        Now come blow me storm debbie i needs me testosterone boosted.
                                                                                        Debbie Does Drimnagh

Comment

I hope the Conor Mcguire surfer dude isnt planning any high jinx in the sea tomorrow morning

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                            Was talking about how sound my boss is, he just sent this to the work whatsapp group.

Hi All. Based on the latest weather warnings, stay home in the morning till at least 10 am . This will give enough time to see how the storm is panning out . Please be ready to travel at 10 if we are in the clear . Stay safe and see you soon
                                                                                            No one is expected to go out in a red warning, texting people is a good thing to do but anyone with people out and about overnight will not be expecting them.

On the equity thing, if I were you I'd think carefully before opening up what has the potential to become a can of worms. Family is family but business is business.
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Two movies over the last week - The Killers (Fassbender) last week, and Dream Scenario (Nic Cage) tonight. Both worth a watch. Killers is a deeply fascinating movie - like it'll be over and you won't know where the time went. Dream Scenario is very weird. You'd enjoy watching it but wouldn't quite know whether to recommend it.

Comment

Two movies over the last week - The Killers (Fassbender) last week, and Dream Scenario (Nic Cage) tonight. Both worth a watch. Killers is a deeply fascinating movie - like it'll be over and you won't know where the time went. Dream Scenario is very weird. You'd enjoy watching it but wouldn't quite know whether to recommend it.
                                                                                                Watched The Killer tonight. For what felt like a slow moving film, it had plenty of action and like you said it seemed to fly by cos it keeps you engaged.

Another top performance by a Killarney man

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Undertaking is always wrong for precisely that situation. Expecting people to co-ordinate and break the rules of the road in order is a bit risky.

If you are I that situation you I think the way out is much more straight forward. Lane change to your left, but don’t accelerate (undertaking), just change and maintain your speed. Hold it at that speed briefly then proceed as normal to the speed limit.
                                                                                                  Might seem like a tiny adjustment but the little pause in the lane establishes your position and gives other drivers a chance to notice you.

Also useful when people are allergic to the left lane on a 3+ lane road

Comment

Whats the motorway rule then that allows you to go at different speeds in different laneways. Is it specified as something like: 'you can move at a faster speed in an inside lane, as long as its in line with the flow of the traffic and not with the intent purpose of overtaking those on the outer lanes'. As theres definitely some rule on that.

Comment

When you compare what they do, to what you (royal you) do, and how you are paid, it’s actually still unremarkable in my opinion. You’re making less than 75k/year for 12 years and then after travelling abroad for 2-4 years you finally get in. If you showed the same aptitude in business you’d be much better off.

Comment

Lazare I think you should consider things deeply before you have that conversation, as there are a few things at play. If you look to formalise an agreement you may well be worse off as it takes away much of the ad hoc things that can be done, as if lawyers get involved any extra payments/bonuses etc will be scrutinised and will also need to be formalised. For instance if you’re both owners why should you get bonuses etc. there may be a reluctance to pay you anything outside the ordinary less it’s deemed “contractual” .

You are also going to force the hand of your boss one way or another, and therefore need to be prepared for what happens if he sees things differently to you.
                                                                                                        • Will you be able to continue working with him knowing this or will your pride force you to walk away?
                                                                                                        • What’s the upside, is the company worth having an equity stake it, you’d need to be sure the juice is worth the squeeze with all of this also, if you go from a decent salary etc to equity, maybe the preference is to grow the company in which case directors are potentially worse off (cash wise) as they might have lower current earnings as they want to reinvest the equity back into the company to fund its growth whereas staff would not be expected to do so. Can you afford that hit
                                                                                                        • What if he agrees but suggests you need to buy into the equity, is that something you’d be able to afford today or be prepared to do?

There are plenty good reasons as to why you should have the chat as listed above, but food for thought on keeping the status quo.

Comment

2 lectures missed out of 3 straight on a Monday morning. That was a lovely lie-in!

Comment

Cruella Braverman out.
                                                                                                            David Cameron back in government as Foreign Secretary.
                                                                                                            Really is the parliament that has given most solid entertainment for the last 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                              Cruella Braverman out.
                                                                                                              David Cameron back in government as Foreign Secretary.
                                                                                                              Really is the parliament that has given most solid entertainment for the last 10 years.
                                                                                                              Need to bring Boris and Dom back for top ratings though. And moar Rees-Mogg!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                2 lectures missed out of 3 straight on a Monday morning. That was a lovely lie-in!
                                                                                                                Very little storm damage in St Annes this am, nothing compared to Betty.

I reckon the weather forecasters are a bit like the Premier League VAR refs and are running scared, thus every little bit of wind is going to be red or orange for the foreseeable future.

Comment

At first glance, I think appointing Cameron is a great move though (not because of him specifically, lol Brexit and all that) - limiting yourself to the idiots in parliament to fill the offices of state hasn't exactly worked wonders in the recent past. It sets a good precedent.

We should take note here and start selecting Ministers based on competency from outside the Dail.

Comment

Very little storm damage in St Annes this am, nothing compared to Betty.

I reckon the weather forecasters are a bit like the Premier League VAR refs and are running scared, thus every little bit of wind is going to be red or orange for the foreseeable future.
                                                                                                                    Gusts for a red warning are meant to be 70kts+....most we got in Dublin was 41.

Comment

Don't FatherTed-TommyTiernan me zuut! The critical thing was not me, but the eight-year-old boy (I'm great, he's the problem). They want specific things to be entertained at that age. And overhearing broken-English conversations in Peters Pub is unlikely to hack it. Was just surprised there was so little to do. Like, even just a place with old Playstation 2s etc set up to play original StreetFighter, that type of stuff.
                                                                                                                      The kid is 8?!?!?!?

FFS, when I was 8, I was in the pub with Bryan Robson and Norman Whiteside, supping on pints of Guinness. Kids these days are way too soft. I blame the parents...

.. Pints.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

So Cameron is not an MP? How does that work? Had presumed one would have had to be one to get a Secretary job.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X