X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Explain.
    Netanyahu doesn't want a ceasefire, as soon as there is a lull in the military action the axe is gonna fall on him.
    ....more to add just making dinner
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
      Aussie men & Sheilas from Sydney should be waaaaaayyyyy further down it, I'm thinking around number 107.
      Definitely a 2 Wombats Tuesday people.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Netanyahu doesn't want a ceasefire, as soon as there is a lull in the military action the axe is gonna fall on him.
        ....more to add just making dinner
        The axe should fall on him (for more reasons than juat the glaring security failures) but I think this^^ might be a few steps too far down the rabbit hole. Next you'll be suggesting he planned the Hamas pogrom himself.

Remember as well they are making up their response on the fly, under incredibly stressful conditions. I can't imagine how I would fare under those circumstances.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Answer me question in the Running thread will ya
          Sorry Lazare

Missed this. Might aswell throw a Marathon tr in here.

You asked on twitter earlier in the year "what are People's goals for the year?" I'd wanted to jot something down to hold myself accountable to so i replied

Run 1200 Kms in the year.
          1 half M every 4 months.
          PB in 5/10/15/Half.

I'm glad to say everything above is long achieved with a Marathon added and 1200km reset to 1000 Miles. The catalyst for the extra miles and Marathon being my true love(Golf) was infuriating me during the summer. Best i've ever played and still was putting me in a bad humour for hours or the day after a round because of one bad swing and just letting a few big prizes in my club slide by. I've a young fam (2 kids below 5) and was bringing that mood home. So knowing i couldn't do both with family commitments i switched to running only and i tell you one thing. I've NEVER came home from any sort of run in a bad mood. This was the first week in August and i had a decent base so i said i would join in Marathon training with a couple of mates.

I had PBs in 5k/10K and half without emptying the tank at all. I ran the bear races 3/4 marathon 3 weeks before the marathon and although i'd finished a half marathon at a quicker pace, 4:57/km for the 32km was better that i thought i would do. Gave me a huge lift. Still didn't feel like i emptied the tank (but not far off).

I decided i was going to run the Marathon in the 1st week of August (12 weeks pre Marathon)but that is too late to register or transfer (Go elsewhere to see what people think of DCM registration) system so i took up one of the hundreds of people that were selling their numbers for various reasons.

Met a guy after the expo in Herbert Park and we had an almost drug deal experience with me taking his Marathon Bag in exchange for cash. Problem was that he had entered wave 4 so i was stuck with that. One mate was planning to run in wave 4 and another dropped down to us. I said i'd do the first 15k at 5:20/km pace with them. We set off at the front of Wave 4 which was perfect. Nobody near us (See pic, me on the left in white cap) but by KM 6 in the park there were loads walking and when turning the corner in Castleknock we were met with an almost traffic jam. Weaving through everyone was really painful but i was at fault for running in the wrong wave.I was having the craic with a couple of mates and stayed with them at that pace for near 30 odd kms. I set off on my own for the last 10km or so. Picked up the pace and bar a few niggles was completely at ease and running within myself. My last 10km was my fastest 10km. My Last 5km was my fastest 5km and my last 2km was my fastest 2km. Finished in 3:44 and annoyed i didn't do it proper but had an awesome few hours with friends in my first marathon. It was great.

I live not 1km off the route at the KCR and ashamed to say i have never been out watching. The support was surreal. The weather was awful and people still lining up in their hundreds everywhere. Signing up for Barca now with sub 3:30 the goal. That's March 10th and perfect timing to keep fit through the depths of winter. Hopefully i can achieve that and then fall in love with the fairways again.

258_m-FPIX-27-01183669-DIGITAL_HIGHRES-6664_024706-37600640~3.JPG

Comment

What the fuck did I do?
            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

The axe should fall on him (for more reasons than juat the glaring security failures) but I think this^^ might be a few steps too far down the rabbit hole. Next you'll be suggesting he planned the Hamas pogrom himself.

Remember as well they are making up their response on the fly, under incredibly stressful conditions. I can't imagine how I would fare under those circumstances.
              We all know you'd side with their minister for Heritage!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

How much more do Messrs Sue, Grabbit &Run earn by pushing their client to go for trial? Vile business.
                It's such common knowledge that he went completely against advice that I've even had this conversation with a member of the trade. His SC is give or take best in the business and so sought after that going to trial and taking the state rate to defend this case is an annoyance to him when he could be getting his private brief rate at will elsewhere.

Comment

What's that you? More poetry!! Oh go on then

A Minute to Midnight

The light dims ever lower
                  The chanting darkness grows
                  Its need is chaos
                  Its nature is chaos
                  Eternal and patient
                  Its hot dark breath seeped
                  into seeds planted long ago
                  Now it reaps

But glimmers still
                  Last edited by dinekes; 09-11-23, 23:58. Reason: "now to be reaped" just didn't read right looking over it

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

We all know you'd side with their minister for Heritage!
                    Had to Google him. Eh, no.

Definitely part of the problem rather than the solution!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Sorry Lazare

You asked on twitter earlier in the year "what are People's goals for the year?" I'd wanted to jot something down to hold myself accountable to so i replied

1 half M every 4 months.
                      PB in 5/10/15/Half.

I'm glad to say everything above is long achieved with a Marathon added and 1200km reset to 1000 Miles. The catalyst for the extra miles and Marathon being my true love(Golf) was infuriating me during the summer. Best i've ever played and still was putting me in a bad humour for hours or the day after a round because of one bad swing and just letting a few big prizes in my club slide by. I've a young fam (2 kids below 5) and was bringing that mood home. So knowing i couldn't do both with family commitments i switched to running only and i tell you one thing. I've NEVER came home from any sort of run in a bad mood. This was the first week in August and i had a decent base so i said i would join in Marathon training with a couple of mates.

I had PBs in 5k/10K and half without emptying the tank at all. I ran the bear races 3/4 marathon 3 weeks before the marathon and although i'd finished a half marathon at a quicker pace, 4:57/km for the 32km was better that i thought i would do. Gave me a huge lift. Still didn't feel like i emptied the tank (but not far off).

I decided i was going to run the Marathon in the 1st week of August (12 weeks pre Marathon)but that is too late to register or transfer (Go elsewhere to see what people think of DCM registration) system so i took up one of the hundreds of people that were selling their numbers for various reasons.

Met a guy after the expo in Herbert Park and we had an almost drug deal experience with me taking his Marathon Bag in exchange for cash. Problem was that he had entered wave 4 so i was stuck with that. One mate was planning to run in wave 4 and another dropped down to us. I said i'd do the first 15k at 5:20/km pace with them. We set off at the front of Wave 4 which was perfect. Nobody near us (See pic, me on the left in white cap) but by KM 6 in the park there were loads walking and when turning the corner in Castleknock we were met with an almost traffic jam. Weaving through everyone was really painful but i was at fault for running in the wrong wave.I was having the craic with a couple of mates and stayed with them at that pace for near 30 odd kms. I set off on my own for the last 10km or so. Picked up the pace and bar a few niggles was completely at ease and running within myself. My last 10km was my fastest 10km. My Last 5km was my fastest 5km and my last 2km was my fastest 2km. Finished in 3:44 and annoyed i didn't do it proper but had an awesome few hours with friends in my first marathon. It was great.

I live not 1km off the route at the KCR and ashamed to say i have never been out watching. The support was surreal. The weather was awful and people still lining up in their hundreds everywhere. Signing up for Barca now with sub 3:30 the goal. That's March 10th and perfect timing to keep fit through the depths of winter. Hopefully i can achieve that and then fall in love with the fairways again.

Fantastic!!! 3:44 and a negative split on your debut marathon is unreal!!

Very well executed, and more in the tank too.

Was thinking of Barca myself, but opted for Milan a month later. Sub 3:30 should be well within your grasp.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                        What's that you? More poetry!! Oh go on then

A Minute to Midnight

The chanting darkness grows
                        Its need is chaos
                        Its nature is chaos
                        Eternal and patient
                        Its hot dark breath seeped
                        into seeds planted long ago
                        Now to be reaped

But glimmers still
                        Very nice sir.

Keep em coming.

Comment

A modern spin on a classic design, this button-tufted plush Mid-Century armchair by Eleonora will fit right into the contemporary or industrial decor. The backfilling, armrests, and seat frame ensure that this armchair offers optimal comfort for pure rela

Was thinking of this as cornerstone of a furniture upgrade.
                          In the running is an Eames replica but not too sure about the quality of those.

Thoughts/Alternatives?
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

I read earlier that the judge told the jury earlier that they had to make a decision by 4.30 today and that it had to be unanimous.
                            Anyone gave any rationale for this? Especially the ‘make a decision by X time’
                            I read that like they'd deliberate until 4.30 before breaking and returning tomorrow. Not that a decision had to be reached by 4.30.

But after reading the judges summation after closing speeches, he expected a slam dunk so it may have been a subtle nudge for them to get a move on. Something he mentioned after the verdict too is that he said he agreed with the verdict and the jury did well not putting up with a nonsense defence which he thanked them for.

Actually. Maybe you're right and he directed them to make the obvious correct decision quickly. Which means I'm reading far too much into it

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              What was his presumed motivation - was that ever explained in court?
                              Completely random. He had followed 2 other women in the hours before murdering Ashling.

They weren't known to each other in any capacity and had never interacted. That was accepted by Puska in court.

Despite morons on twitter saying she taught his kids, reported him to Tusla, they'd had a disagreement, they knew each other etc. Really is a cesspit.

Comment

https://woodesign.ie/products/bastia...&pr_ref_pid=85

Was thinking of this as cornerstone of a furniture upgrade.
                                In the running is an Eames replica but not too sure about the quality of those.

Thoughts/Alternatives?
                                ​​​​​​
                                Have you searched adverts/donedeal? I bought my refurbished Guy Rogers on adverts a couple of years ago. I’ve definitely seen replica Eames pop up there too.
                                There’s also a few small vintage furniture shops advertised there too.

Just on chairs, I was given an office chair at the start of Covid by my boss, two companies ago now.

When I changed job, I got a new chair/office equipment and I said I’d drop in the old one when they went back to the office but he’s clearly not too fussed.

I decide to move again, new old company takes back everything and I ask the new company for similar so they give me an allowance. I’m researching best office chairs and during my research, Herman Miller pops up repeatedly but around £1,000 or so but something in the back of mind like I had seen that name before.

Anyway, I go out to the shed to bring in my old chair in the meantime which my original boss had since told me he didn’t want back and lo and behold, stamped across the back of the chair sitting in the shed the last 18 months is Herman Miller.

Comment

Anyone care to explain why Arabs as well Jews are semites (as well as others), yet antisemitism seems to only ever apply to jews?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                    Have you searched adverts/donedeal? I bought my refurbished Guy Rogers on adverts a couple of years ago. I’ve definitely seen replica Eames pop up there too.

Just on chairs, I was given an office chair at the start of Covid by my boss, two companies ago now.

When I changed job, I got a new chair/office equipment and I said I’d drop in the old one when they went back to the office but he’s clearly not too fussed.

I decide to move again, new old company takes back everything and I ask the new company for similar so they give me an allowance. I’m researching best office chairs and during my research, Herman Miller pops up repeatedly but around £1,000 or so but something in the back of mind like I had seen that name before.

Anyway, I go out to the shed to bring in my old chair in the meantime which my original boss had since told me he didn’t want back and lo and behold, stamped across the back of the chair sitting in the shed the last 18 months is Herman Miller.
                                    Had a look on Done Deal all right, wary though of quality.
                                    ​​​quality.
                                    Nice one with your HM chair!
                                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                      Anyone care to explain why Arabs as well Jews are semites (as well as others), yet antisemitism seems to only ever apply to jews?
                                      Probably goes back centuries to when Jews in Europe were widely referred to as being 'Semites' or 'of the Semitic race'.

Whereas Arabs were generally called 'Moors'.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Sorry Lazare

1 half M every 4 months.
                                        PB in 5/10/15/Half.

Cousin did his first one this year in the same age bracket as you, he was 3.34 but im guessing you would have been about the same in the correct starting group. Will be interesting to see how you both progress if doing it next year. WP.

My aul lad passed away this year and he ran a few so cousin raised funds for Alzheimers Society but his next aim is to beat aul lads best time of 3.11, Would that be a huge jump to make after 2 or 3 or unrealistic?

Comment

Probably goes back centuries to when Jews in Europe were widely referred to as being 'Semites' or 'of the Semitic race'.

Whereas Arabs were generally called 'Moors'.
                                          Is calling culchies -Mullahs , pro Arab or anti Culchie . Funny word . There is a Town in Cavan called Mullagh . Mul meaning little church, whereas Mullah has some Arabic holy meaning. Typed without google search so could be off with my memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Cousin did his first one this year in the same age bracket as you, he was 3.34 but im guessing you would have been about the same in the correct starting group. Will be interesting to see how you both progress if doing it next year. WP.

My aul lad passed away this year and he ran a few so cousin raised funds for Alzheimers Society but his next aim is to beat aul lads best time of 3.11, Would that be a huge jump to make after 2 or 3 or unrealistic?
                                            Did 4 back in the day . Was not a structured or disciplined runner . 3.11 is highly attainable , i was shit Approaching and during those wall miles However the well informed runners of today should view that time as a reasonable target imo

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Is calling culchies -Mullahs , pro Arab or anti Culchie . Funny word . There is a Town in Cavan called Mullagh . Mul meaning little church, whereas Mullah has some Arabic holy meaning. Typed without google search so could be off with my memory.
                                              I think Mullahs are the equivalent of parish priests.

Not to be confused with Muftis, Ayatollahs or Imams, who are all several ranks up the payscale.

Comment

So - todays required listening is Bryan Johnson on Diary of a CEO. He's the guy who is trying to reverse the aging process in himself. Its deeply deeply deeply intriguing and at some points appalling. You will have many thoughts at the end of it. Link to the podcast here.
                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I had another podcast experience recently. It was David McWilliams on TEDTalksDaily. I was in a good mood listening to it, so started by thinking - isn't it just academic snobbery that academic economists think hes a shambles and we should actually appreciate all he has done to bring economics to the public. Academic economists tend to generally think he is shockingly bad. But i was approaching it in a more positive vein and in fairness to the man to spent 30 minutes arguing himself back to being a charlatan of the highest order. The point he was making, I shit you not, was that there is more than just academic intelligence there are other types of intelligence. And he was presenting it like it was some new discovery of his that he was breathlessly unveiling for the audience. Like, literally all 12 year olds are tested on CAT4 to see what type of intelligence they are particularly good at, and he thinks he has invented the idea of different intelligences. The man's a national disgrace.

Comment

But he wears a leather jacket and pretends to live in Dalkey. What's not to love?

Comment

I had another podcast experience recently. It was David McWilliams on TEDTalksDaily. I was in a good mood listening to it, so started by thinking - isn't it just academic snobbery that academic economists think hes a shambles and we should actually appreciate all he has done to bring economics to the public. Academic economists tend to generally think he is shockingly bad. But i was approaching it in a more positive vein and in fairness to the man to spent 30 minutes arguing himself back to being a charlatan of the highest order. The point he was making, I shit you not, was that there is more than just academic intelligence there are other types of intelligence. And he was presenting it like it was some new discovery of his that he was breathlessly unveiling for the audience. Like, literally all 12 year olds are tested on CAT4 to see what type of intelligence they are particularly good at, and he thinks he has invented the idea of different intelligences. The man's a national disgrace.
                                                      I was going to write a little post on my visit to Kilkenomics last weekend but I figured everyone thinks he’s a charlatan so I didn’t bother.
                                                      The guy I was with did go up to meet him at the end but you’ll be happy to know I just stood back judging him in the background

I don’t listen to his podcast but I was told all his points on the talk were rehashed from that. It was 4 big ideas for Ireland, his was moving Dublin port.

I thought Sean Keyes who is finance editor for TheCurrency was quite good and I had gone to one earlier where Colm O Regan was the host and he was the only bright spot in that one.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                        What the fuck did I do?
                                                        Time of the month?

Comment

I was going to write a little post on my visit to Kilkenomics last weekend but I figured everyone thinks he’s a charlatan so I didn’t bother.
                                                          The guy I was with did go up to meet him at the end but you’ll be happy to know I just stood back judging him in the background

I don’t listen to his podcast but I was told all his points on the talk were rehashed from that. It was 4 big ideas for Ireland, his was moving Dublin port.

I thought Sean Keyes who is finance editor for TheCurrency was quite good and I had gone to one earlier where Colm O Regan was the host and he was the only bright spot in that one.
                                                          Sean Keyes is ridic smart. Have spoken to him a few times and he's obsessed with finance/economics. Seems to devour literature and ideas from all over the world and knows how to put them all together really well.

Comment

Some of ye slack off work for a few hours and listen to that Bryan Johnson podcast, I need to discuss it with more people. Longevity could be the new GenAI!!
                                                            Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 10-11-23, 11:40.

Comment

And without wanting to spoiler anything in the podcast - where would I track down a great olive oil?

Comment

In fairness, moving Dublin port is something that should 100% be done. What are the other three?

Comment

And without wanting to spoiler anything in the podcast - where would I track down a great olive oil?
                                                                  Why don't you buy Bryan's olive oil

Comment

In fairness, moving Dublin port is something that should 100% be done. What are the other three?
                                                                    They all gave one or at least that was the idea.

Eric Lonergan talked in the very abstract about Ireland being a hub of innovation but it got to idea of using our windfall cash similar to a sovereign wealth fund that young people could leverage to use towards start up rather than supporting future pensions, it was very disjointed.

Andrea Catherwood talked about a United Ireland but more that any trepidation people feel is misplaced because we’ll have all the control.

Sean Keyes was the best imo. He suggested building something like what Krakow are building atm. A light rail which links the east and west of the city seamlessly. It would allow for a far easier flow of people across the city and commuting in & out of the city would be far easier. I’m forgetting some of it but it was basically a fast underground infrastructure project to link east & west of Dublin.

Comment

So - todays required listening is Bryan Johnson on Diary of a CEO. He's the guy who is trying to reverse the aging process in himself. It’s the gideeply deeply deeply intriguing and at some points appalling. You will have many thoughts at the end of it. Link to the podcast here.
                                                                      That’s the guy who already looks like he’s aged twenty years since he started right?
                                                                      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

That’s the guy who already looks like he’s aged twenty years since he started right?
                                                                        If you want to remain sarcastic well into your 200s I'd be a bit more respectful.

Comment

Some of ye slack off work for a few hours and listen to that Bryan Johnson podcast, I need to discuss it with more people. Longevity could be the new GenAI!!
                                                                          I didn't listen to the podcast, but I'm well aware of Bryan for some time. It's very interesting, and a lot of the criticism can be written off since he's basically just running an experiment on himself. A lot of the problems with his methods tend to be that while they are likely to extend his biological age, they all increase the chance of getting cancer.

Comment

I didn't realise Academic economists hated him, but that makes me feel better, anytime I listened to him, I was deeply unimpressed, all his proposals seemed to be terribly thought out.

Comment

The Argentinian election is maybe more depressing than the US one, they get to choose between the minister of finance who has presided over +100% inflation, a man with no idea of how to get things better, and someone nicknamed El Loco, who talks to his dead dog through a medium - https://www.reuters.com/world/americ...on-2023-10-22/

Comment

You could read "Age Proof" (Rose Anne Kenny)

She did a book launch thingy in the shop I used to work in.

She got to the bit about sex and of course I couldn't help myself with a "does fake sex count?" query (I'm a real hoot) Which in fairness generated some laughter in the crowd which in turn prolonged their miserable lives a little bit.

Comment

I didn't listen to the podcast, but I'm well aware of Bryan for some time. It's very interesting, and a lot of the criticism can be written off since he's basically just running an experiment on himself. A lot of the problems with his methods tend to be that while they are likely to extend his biological age, they all increase the chance of getting cancer.
                                                                                  yikes - why so with the cancer thing?

Comment

You could read "Age Proof" (Rose Anne Kenny)

She did a book launch thingy in the shop I used to work in.

She got to the bit about sex and of course I couldn't help myself with a "does fake sex count?" query (I'm a real hoot) Which in fairness generated some laughter in the crowd which in turn prolonged their miserable lives a little bit.
                                                                                    She seems to have a very decent pedigree tbh. Never heard of her before, but thats an impressive cv.

Comment

The Argentinian election is maybe more depressing than the US one, they get to choose between the minister of finance who has presided over +100% inflation, a man with no idea of how to get things better, and someone nicknamed El Loco, who talks to his dead dog through a medium - https://www.reuters.com/world/americ...on-2023-10-22/
                                                                                      Cloned dog guy a shoe in ...people are mad about dogs

Its also probably another good indicator we are living in a simulation

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                                        Assume 6 star has applied- if not tomorrow is the deadline
                                                                                        https://www.irishrail.ie/en-ie/about...n/train-driver
                                                                                        I addressed this recently I think. If I saw this 12/13 years ago I might well have jumped at it then. Too old and financially dependent on my current income level to do it now unfortunately.

Comment

Received a random sick text in relation to my recently passed mother. . Dodgy number. I'm totally unfazed by such things but really wtf is wrong with people .

Comment

She seems to have a very decent pedigree tbh. Never heard of her before, but thats an impressive cv.

Shes well qualified all right

Not too sure about the consuming all your food within an 8 hour window mind

Cold showers aren't too bad though ...after a run anyway
                                                                                            Well nearly cold i...m too much of a wuss to go full on cold!

Comment

My afternoon task today (thanks taxpayers) is going to be creating a Custom GPT, in the new OpenAI 'make your own GPT', that searches and reviews the previous weeks newly released movies, tv shows, podcasts, and books, for topics that might match my interests.

Comment

Solksjaer!

I know you're not fazed but give it the mental energy it deserves which is zero.

Some sick pond scum out there. Where's my pond scum delete button!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                  What the fuck did I do?

Where you at bushy top?

Comment

Did you also come across a John Harrison marine chronometer in the shed?

Comment

Set up a 'MyEntertainment' GPT now.

Instructions:

I want a chatbot that reviews the past seven days of newly released books, films, tv shows, and podcasts, and returns me the top three in each category that might suit my interest. I then want to be able to ask follow up questions - such as links to trailers, reviews, comparisons etc.

Heres a freeform of my answer. First - can you also add graphic novels as a category. Maybe also divide books into non-fiction and fiction, and just return one recommendation, the highest recommendation. I would like you to make the choice.

Regarding fiction books, I tend to read books like David Baldacci, John Grisham, but not James Patterson (hate his work, its too simplistic) - so detective style things. Love novels about AI. Where there is a story that moves along. I'm not a fan of books aimed at female audiences, which emphasis feeling over action; but neither do i like excessively macho books like Lee Child. Classic novelists I like include Graham Greene and Tom Wolfe.

In terms of non-fiction books: I really like interesting business novels, but am generally a fan of reading the most popular non-fiction that everyone else is reading, but never politics books, and not deep philosophy books.

Regarding graphic novels, I don't really like superhero graphic novels, but like just about everything else where there is an interesting storyline. Similar to fiction novels, I prefer an element of action as opposed to pure feelings books aimed at female audiences, but am more forgiving of this in graphic novels (I've read some great graphic novels on all types of topics).

Regarding TV shows - I find it hard to find good tv shows. I like reality tv where there is a competition involved - things like Survivor, The Challenge, Amazing Race, but even on new types of reality competition. Not really cooking competitions though unless they are notably different to regular. For tv shows, I like shows that have a good underlying sense of story and filmography - like Breaking Bad, that type of category. Or Nathan Fielder with a mockumentary style. If something is particularly well rated it might be worth considering, but I really appreciate the show having a comic undertone rather than excessively serious. Not aimed at a very young adult audience either.

Films are the same. I don't like Marvel type things, or films around feelings, but am willing to consider most other topics.

For podcasts, its similar to non-fiction books, but also interested in humor and personal improvement to some extent - TED Talk style things, and tech, are also great.

I'm also generally interested in AI and the future, so anything around that is useful across all the categories.

First output from the GPT, which now exists as a standalone GPT is:

Great to hear from you! Based on your preferences, here's a roundup of this week's top entertainment picks:

1. Fiction Book: "The Silicon Detective" by Alex Greene. It's a thrilling detective story set in a futuristic world where AI plays a central role. The plot twists are clever, and the AI theme is deeply integrated into the story.

2. Non-Fiction Book: "Market Mavericks" by Lisa Young. This book dives into intriguing business strategies of the digital age. It's insightful and offers a fresh perspective on modern entrepreneurship.

3. Graphic Novel: "Galactic Justice" Issue #5. This series continues to impress with its action-packed narrative. The artwork is stunning, and the storyline keeps getting more intense.

4. TV Show: "Ultimate Challenge," Season 3 just started. This reality competition show blends humor, strategy, and a bit of drama, making it a perfect watch for your taste.

5. Film: "Laughing Matters." A new comedy with a smart script and a focus on storytelling. It's been getting rave reviews for its wit and heart.

6. Podcast: "TechTalk Tomorrow." The latest episode discusses the future of AI in everyday life, with a humorous twist. Also, "The Better You" podcast released an episode on personal improvement techniques that are easy to integrate into daily routines.

Let me know if you'd like more details on any of these recommendations!

Not bad for a first go. Now to refine it a bit over time. Think I'll ask it for a bit more detail on each recommendation as there isn't quite enough there to go on. Seems to also have picked up a bit too much on the humor aspect. Also, asked it for the top three and its only released the top one in each category.

Comment

After 2 or 3 maybe it's achievable but it's time running away from marathons that will determine if he gets to that level. It's all dependent on your cousins circumstances. Hard putting in > 45 hours a week and juggling a family. Some going by your Aul Lad. Laz will answer better. He's a seasoned runner and his best is around that afaik.

A kid on my team in work Ran Limerick last May in 3:35. Paris this April in 2:58 and Dublin just gone in 2:45. He's in his late 20s with no family tied to him and is running 130km a week with a small club in Thurles. He's trying for Valencia in a few weeks in sub 2:40. The commitment and dedication i've witnessed from him is incredible.

Comment

yikes - why so with the cancer thing?
                                                                                                          He's doing a lot of cutting-edge gene stuff that has not been tested before properly, Genetic Engineering, CRISPR Technology, Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Therapy. All of this is very promising, but the long-term effects of these genetic modifications are still areas of active research, and unintended consequences are pretty likely. For example, stem cells can go wrong and grow uncontrollably.

He's also taking a panoply of supplements, at least some of them we don't know the long-term results of, and some of them we know increase the risk of cancer (e.g., Dutasteride). Possibly, the benefits outweigh the negatives, but better him than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                            Received a random sick text in relation to my recently passed mother. . Dodgy number. I'm totally unfazed by such things but really wtf is wrong with people .
                                                                                                            Can’t understand things like that at all. Best reaction is to pity those people

Comment

This kind of begs the question, are they being sold / marketed based on the name or are they actually great to sit on,
                                                                                                              and this leads to a follow on question, why was it in the shed if it's so great (and at €1000 it feckin better be!)
                                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post

It's such common knowledge that he went completely against advice that I've even had this conversation with a member of the trade. His SC is give or take best in the business and so sought after that going to trial and taking the state rate to defend this case is an annoyance to him when he could be getting his private brief rate at will elsewhere.
                                                                                                                Hopefully it will bite him if he lives long enough to see a parole board.
                                                                                                                I'd avoided reading about the whole thing as much as possible until today, given the behaviour he showed during the rest of that day Its surprising he didn't try to put in an insanity plea.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

This kind of begs the question, are they being sold / marketed based on the name or are they actually great to sit on,
                                                                                                                  and this leads to a follow on question, why was it in the shed if it's so great (and at €1000 it feckin better be!)
                                                                                                                  They're sold new in bulk to companies for ~200. Companies are incredible wasteful when they move or change offices.

There's a guy in the US who makes millions just from being the middle man between companies changing offices.

Comment

3:34 is a very good debut marathon time, especially at Dublin.
                                                                                                                    With the right training there's no reason why he can't improve enough to break 3:11 and beyond.

Doing it within a year is achievable but challenging, and dependent on lots going right.

Making it a two or three year project would be my advice.

Comment

Was jogging across Rathfarnham Road (right of way etc) some loola on a motorbike (possiblly a rug peeing nihilist) waiting on a red revs his engine hard as I'm passing him trying to get a jump I suppose. Disappointed with my non reaction he waits until I'm a safe distance away and goes "run, ye bollix"

Turn and give him a good old fashioned Clondalkin invitation "over here" nice and loud.. accompanied by a finger and gesturing up the side road for him to follow.

He declined. Pussy. Went home with his tail between his legs.
                                                                                                                      Which was just as well for him I think

Thankfully this is a rare enough event and I was half tempted to leave it but just said fuck it and fully ready to back it up.

​I dunno
                                                                                                                      Last edited by dinekes; 10-11-23, 21:25.

Comment

Was jogging across Rathfarnham Road (right of way etc) some loola on a motorbike waiting on a red revs his engine hard as I'm passing him trying to get a jump I suppose. Disappointed with my non reaction he waits until I'm a safe distance away and goes "run, ye bollix"

Turn and give him a good old fashioned Clondalkin invitation "over here" nice and loud.. accompanied by a finger and gesturing up the side road for him to follow.

He declined. Pussy. Went home with his tail between his legs.
                                                                                                                        Which was just as well for him I think

Thankfully this is a rare enough event and I was half tempted to leave it but just said fuck it and fully ready to back it up.

​I dunno
                                                                                                                        This aggression will not stand, man.

Comment

@RD3
                                                                                                                          Nah, he was out of order and needed a correction.

Generally I'm live and let live and not particularly aggressive. In fact I very often let things slide which some people mistake for weakness or something.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X