Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved Cypress Hill. They are playing the 3Arena in December with Ice Cube and The Game.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Legends! Did their tiny desk spark this look back? If not you should check their Tiny Desk concert on YouTube, and in general dig back through other ones, they are really great
      Yeah it was the Tiny Desk one! On TikTok obv rather than YouTube as I'm not an oddball.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
        Loved Cypress Hill. They are playing the 3Arena in December with Ice Cube and The Game.
        Hmmm.. interesting. I did not know this until now.

Hip hop gigs are notoriously patchy , half-assed money grabs (and usually in cavernous, soulless corporate shitholes exactly like the 3Arena) but I might be tempted by this one.

Did anyone go to Wu-Tang recently? Only got one report from someone I know who enjoyed it but I wouldn't trust those Wu-Tang fuckers (or my spy TBH) as far as I could thrown them so I skipped it too.

Comment

What do ye ask for in the barbers, like seriously, at times I'm verging on saying can you just make it a bit shorter there thanks.
          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Number 2 back and sides and short, blended in at the top. (I'm over 50 with a pretty decent, short but gradually reducing head of hair - if you're the same, keep it tight!)

Then they usually enquire about my side parting or which way I want it flicked over (depending on how long it Is when they're actually looking at - plus sometimes I change my mind and ask for a different direction).

Squared off for me at the locks, just by the top of my ear. He usually suggests this based on what he ascertains from my previous style. This is pretty consistent. I don't fuck around with locks and shit.

Then I make sure they even up my eyebrows (though I usually do that myself every week or so - no-one wants to be the new Dennis Healy, right). Thankfully I'm not an "ear-hair werewolf" just yet so I can avoid those conversations.

And 'natural' at the back if they ask, rather than straight or boxed off. Others you'll look like a thug or a someone who doesn't know how to deal with a lazy or inexperienced barber.

If they ask about pubes, I'd politely decline and say I do my own thing.

Hope this helps?

Last edited by BennyHiFi; 10-08-23, 22:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
              Excerpt from Billy Walters's upcoming book, 'Secrets from a Life at Risk​'​​​​.

Inside Phil Mickelson’s Gambling Escapades
              The Ryder Cup thing is interesting. If the bet was ‘to win’ i can’t really see what he did wrong morally. He’s betting on himself to win ffs.

If he was betting on himself to do certain things in the course of a round, different matter.

Believe Ivan Toney was in a similar enough position. Never bet against his team i think, or anything close. But banned for 8 months. But potential rapists coming back into the game with no penalty, and other stories.

How the fuck are players earning millions a year not meant to place a bet when the administrators of their league are up to their eyeballs in betting company money

Comment

Ah well , Ya did yer best. . Been saying that to barbers since childhood. The dreaded multiple calfs lick.

Comment

Show off hairy bastards!

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                    Show off hairy bastards!

Comment

I'm a bit late to the party on this but strangely enough I believe I only saw Sinead O'Connor sing live once (that I can remember!).

It was a Bob Dylan song called 'I Believe in You'.

She was supposed to do it his tribute concert all those years ago, shortly after the Pope-picture tearing incident, I think it was Madison Square Garden but instead she sang War cos she was boo-ed so much. So she never got to sing it then, as originally planned, in tribute to Dylan.

So in 2015 Booker T (and the MGs... of 'Green Onions' fame) was playing the Sugar Club and Sinead was there for the whole show in the front row and jumped up towards the end and sang this with them.

Cleary pre-planned but unrehearsed.

And she said, as you can see in the video, 'So we finally get to sing it'... I presume she was supposed to sing it with Booker T back then but I don't know. Anyway, here it is...

Predating this, when she lived on Bride Street, just round the corner from me in the late 90s, I was sitting one day in St. Patricks Cathedral park and she ambled past (heading to the Centra on Patrick St. I imagined) and made eye contact and just smiled.

And I remember that even more vividly, 25 years ago or so.
                      Last edited by BennyHiFi; 10-08-23, 23:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                        What do ye ask for in the barbers, like seriously, at times I'm verging on saying can you just make it a bit shorter there thanks.
                        'Blade 4 sides and back, and a trim on top...sure you know yourself'.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          I'm not an oddball.
                          Your honour, I would now like to present the evidence for the prosecution.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                            I'm a bit late to the party on this but strangely enough I believe I only saw Sinead O'Connor sing live once (that I can remember!).

It was a Bob Dylan song called 'I Believe in You'.

She was supposed to do it his tribute concert all those years ago, shortly after the Pope-picture tearing incident, I think it was Madison Square Garden but instead she sang War cos she was boo-ed so much. So she never got to sing it then, as originally planned, in tribute to Dylan.

So in 2015 Booker T (and the MGs... of 'Green Onions' fame) was playing the Sugar Club and Sinead was there for the whole show in the front row and jumped up towards the end and sang this with them.

And she said, as you can see in the video, 'So we finally get to sing it'... I presume she was supposed to sing it with Booker T back then but I don't know. Anyway, here it is...

Predating this, when she lived on Bride Street, just round the corner from me in the late 90s, I was sitting one day in St. Patricks Cathedral park and she ambled past (heading to the Centra on Patrick St. I imagined) and made eye contact and just smiled.

And I remember that even more vividly, 25 years ago or so.
                            Was at the Sugar Club show, she sang Nothing Compares with them too, incredible stuff
                            Last edited by Ed; 11-08-23, 09:05.

Comment

Sad grown up question. I share a car with my wife, it's in her name. Does the insurance need to be too or can it be mine with her as named driver? Would it be a better rate in her name anyway?

Comment

Hmmm.. interesting. I did not know this until now.

Hip hop gigs are notoriously patchy , half-assed money grabs (and usually in cavernous, soulless corporate shitholes exactly like the 3Arena) but I might be tempted by this one.

Did anyone go to Wu-Tang recently? Only got one report from someone I know who enjoyed it but I wouldn't trust those Wu-Tang fuckers (or my spy TBH) as far as I could thrown them so I skipped it too.
                                Wasn't at the recent Wu Tang one but have seen them a bunch and they've been ace. There was defo an issue at some stage of only a few members showing up but any time i've seen them it's been near a full roster (think Method Man missed one of them)
                                Tripod gig in 2011 was one of the best gigs i've been to

Comment

I see Billy Walters has a book coming out - Gambler: Secrets from a Life at Risk

And there's lots of intreating stuff about Phil Mickelson, some of which he shares in this excerpt.

Comment

...Final push for more entrants--- Fantasy premier league starts in a matter of hours...

...Once more into deep end we go!!!... After a topsy-turvy few seasons, we can hopefully expect a more normalized season...Kick off is August 12th but setting this up early to hopefully attract a stellar field... And the good news is I won't be looking at a mini me pop out the day before the first game, so can fully spam and be

...€30 for main and €20 for H2H...

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                      Sad grown up question. I share a car with my wife, it's in her name. Does the insurance need to be too or can it be mine with her as named driver? Would it be a better rate in her name anyway?
                                      AFAIK the main driver / insured person needs to have the car in their name as owner.

You're not meant to get a cheaper rate as female but probably will!
                                      Be careful about her just having an open driving policy too, you might lose any NCB you may have built up as a named driver,
                                      I know a few people who didnt get car insurance for over 2 years as they were in Aus / Qatar etc and then got hit with a huge premium on their return.
                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

On car insurance - is my car insurance (wife and myself on the insurance, car valued at about €20k) of €750 quite a lot or about usual. Thats with two years no-claims (miraculously).

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

AFAIK the main driver / insured person needs to have the car in their name as owner.

You're not meant to get a cheaper rate as female but probably will!
                                          Be careful about her just having an open driving policy too, you might lose any NCB you may have built up as a named driver,
                                          I know a few people who didnt get car insurance for over 2 years as they were in Aus / Qatar etc and then got hit with a huge premium on their return.
                                          I don't think that's the case when you cohabit with someone

Comment

Kids are watching something on youtube with 'guess the logos'. The below pops up and they instantly know it despite having never left Europe. Scarily they seem to be batting 90% on hundreds of logos (including three cryptocurrencies so far) despite not watching tv and having ad-free youtube.

walmart-spark-logo-57DC35C86C-seeklogo.com.png

Comment

I got that one too but would have been only about 80% I was right. Those logo games are good fun. Amazing the amount of them that are lodged deep in the brain somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

I heard somewhere recently that you should be switching every two years between who is main driver and who is named driver. That way, neither lose your NCB over time.

I can't for the life of me remember where I heard this so take this advice with a pinch of salt.

We're thinking of moving from two to one car, partly due to space in the hopefully soon to be new house and partly due to the fact that Mrs Lao Lao hardly ever drives her car but she is somewhat reluctant on it as I have to use my car Monday - Friday and it can be gone from 7am until 8-9pm but I think it's a no brainer based on where we live and how much she uses it

Comment

Equally sad grown up question

Does anybody bank with both AIB and BOI?

Need to set up a new joint account. Won't need to ever go into the bank, everything will be done on-line/through their app.

Is there much of a difference between them, either one visibly better than the other in terms of functionality, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                    Equally sad grown up question

Does anybody bank with both AIB and BOI?

Need to set up a new joint account. Won't need to ever go into the bank, everything will be done on-line/through their app.

Is there much of a difference between them, either one visibly better than the other in terms of functionality, etc?
                                                    they are both equally shit, if that helps

Comment

Been calling around various places today including a broker.
                                                      General answer to the above is that for a married couple, the person who should be the primary on the insurance is whoever drives the car the most but this isn't vital.
                                                      Unmarried would be whoever owns the car.

Doesn't seem to have been a material difference in terms of quotes based on gender but because she's been the primary and i've only ever been a 'named' driver the NCB discount sits with her so we'll be sticking with her as the policy holder.

For anyone looking, Zurich seem the best option at the moment.
                                                      Got a good quote for them for me but was told that when renewal comes up next year, the cost would jump a lot more than it would for the wife because i'd only have a year of NCB.

For whatever reason, having a named driver on the policy reduces the cost in many instances (AXA and Zurich for certain).

Comment

Bank of Ireland charge a monthly fee of about a fiver, while the AIB charging structure is absolutely mad. They charge per transaction. I was charged €70 for the last three months. Have now moved all transactions to Revolut, but just to be aware of that. Think the general view is that Bank of Ireland is a lot more with-it

Comment

Got a renewal quote emailed to me from 123.ie a month ago for 421.70

Applied online the other day as if I was a new customer and it was €355!

Had to upload a few docs . .just a few mins work.

Comment

have never had any issue with PTSB anyway for regular stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                              have never had any issue with PTSB anyway for regular stuff
                                                              nice to see you supporting the state sector

Comment

Bank of Ireland charge a monthly fee of about a fiver, while the AIB charging structure is absolutely mad. They charge per transaction. I was charged €70 for the last three months. Have now moved all transactions to Revolut, but just to be aware of that. Think the general view is that Bank of Ireland is a lot more with-it
                                                                Really? I always thought AIB was ahead in terms of web/app functionality.

Revolut offer joint accounts now.

​​​​Just avoid EBS.

​​​​​​

Comment

Hello friends

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                    Hello friends
                                                                    dia dhuit a cairde

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                      Got a renewal quote emailed to me from 123.ie a month ago for 421.70

Applied online the other day as if I was a new customer and it was €355!

Had to upload a few docs . .just a few mins work.
                                                                      Did An Post, on the assumption they wouldn't have a clue what type of risks they are taking, and just now 123.ie. An Post was €1,200 and 123 was €1,600. I wonder if its the postcode, or maybe our recency as drivers. fuckers.

Comment

howerya kev!

Comment

Whats he after?
                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

o.
                                                                            Thats really annoying because it sounds like it would be brilliant if the sound wasn't so shit!
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

I don't think that's the case when you cohabit with someone
                                                                              Bonkers.ie agrees with you.
                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

The greatest artist I saw for having the crowd in the palm of his hand was Ice Cube, at Sunstroke in Dalymount Park I believe it was 1994. Anyone else there? Sunstroke was a hard rock-focused one-day festival, so it was a metal-head crowd ready for Therapy?, Helmet, Chilli Peppers, but within 20 minutes of hitting the stage he had everyone chanting 'Fuck da police!' and 'Fuck (insert Ice Cube entourage member's name here)'! Won absolutely everyone over that day, it was so slick and polished.

Also saw Cypress Hill in 1994, at Feile in Thurles. Fuck me that was some lineup!

Comment

Did An Post, on the assumption they wouldn't have a clue what type of risks they are taking, and just now 123.ie. An Post was €1,200 and 123 was €1,600. I wonder if its the postcode, or maybe our recency as drivers. fuckers.
                                                                                  Mad Ted
                                                                                  Yeah you don't have much no claims built up unfortunately

I was patting myself on the back for my sly manouvering around their attempted renewal gougery however I will have to transfer insurance to another car in the near future so they will get another chance to gouge....

Gougers.

Comment

Screenshot_20230811_185747_Gallery.jpg

I would highly recommend going to your local Asian store and trying a can of this Limca lemonade especially for the older cohort. It's absolutely delightful. I include my favourite baseball player in picture Sammy Sosa to show in not racist. It's a taste of the past, I can remember this when I was about 12yo. It's imported as they do not make it like that anymore especially in the western world. It transports you back in time, I implore you to seek it out to try it. When you taste it you will know.

Those sesame seed balls flattered to decieve. These feckin asians would eat anything. Maybe it's the last saloon to avoid paying a dentist to knock out that last chipping of tooth. Not for me. I'll give them to my nephews (not asians).

Comment

Have you seen Sosa lately? Hes a bit errr, whiter.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                        Have you seen Sosa lately? Hes a bit errr, whiter.
                                                                                        No way just looked him up. Looks like he has Michael Jackson's doctors.

Comment

Yeah it was the Tiny Desk one! On TikTok obv rather than YouTube as I'm not an oddball.
                                                                                          China has you on some sort of list
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Just got back in to baseball this year after a few years off. Such a good game. Wish we didnt have to deal with the time difference.

Not sure Ive ever seen anything like this crowd in any sport...

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                              Screenshot_20230811_185747_Gallery.jpg

I would highly recommend going to your local Asian store and trying a can of this Limca lemonade especially for the older cohort. It's absolutely delightful. I include my favourite baseball player in picture Sammy Sosa to show in not racist. It's a taste of the past, I can remember this when I was about 12yo. It's imported as they do not make it like that anymore especially in the western world. It transports you back in time, I implore you to seek it out to try it. When you taste it you will know.

Those sesame seed balls flattered to decieve. These feckin asians would eat anything. Maybe it's the last saloon to avoid paying a dentist to knock out that last chipping of tooth. Not for me. I'll give them to my nephews (not asians).
                                                                                              Im not the only one yeah ? ?.....
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

That rockshore ad is the NUTworst in decades .

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                  The greatest artist I saw for having the crowd in the palm of his hand was Ice Cube, at Sunstroke in Dalymount Park I believe it was 1994. Anyone else there? Sunstroke was a hard rock-focused one-day festival, so it was a metal-head crowd ready for Therapy?, Helmet, Chilli Peppers, but within 20 minutes of hitting the stage he had everyone chanting 'Fuck da police!' and 'Fuck (insert Ice Cube entourage member's name here)'! Won absolutely everyone over that day, it was so slick and polished.

Also saw Cypress Hill in 1994, at Feile in Thurles. Fuck me that was some lineup!
                                                                                                  Yeah I was there- best gig I ever went to.
                                                                                                  was at the RDS one the next year as well but it never lived up to Dalymount.

Comment

Some story. Norwegian climber trying to break some pointless world record and all that's standing in her way is a dead poor guy.

Kristin Harila, 37, last month became the fastest climber to scale all the world's 14 highest mountains - but has faced claims her group "stepped over" a dying porter to reach the summit of K2.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                      Hello friends
                                                                                                      GFYK
                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Some story. Norwegian climber trying to break some pointless world record and all that's standing in her way is a dead poor guy.

https://news.sky.com/story/norwegian...climb-12937688
                                                                                                        Don't quite get that story. Why did the team that the man was part of abandon him? The article was strangely quiet on that part.
                                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Don't quite get that story. Why did the team that the man was part of abandon him? The article was strangely quiet on that part.
                                                                                                          He was poor ?

Comment

Penos are a lottery but wimmins penalties are another level of pot luck

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                              Penos are a lottery but wimmins penalties are another level of pot luck
                                                                                                              That was great fun though, one of the twistiest shoot-outs I've seen. I do love that TV angle from the behind the taker as well, think it adds a lot to it.

Comment

Just booked a lovely little cottage on the beach in Ardmore for a week at the end of the month. First time using Airbnb.

Excited.

Friends went to Gran Canaria for Xmas last year and back then we swore we'd do it this year.

Went to book it last week and it was costing over €8k. Fuck it. Left it too late. So this is a nice little compromise.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                  Just booked a lovely little cottage on the beach in Ardmore for a week at the end of the month. First time using Airbnb.

Excited.

Friends went to Gran Canaria for Xmas last year and back then we swore we'd do it this year.

Went to book it last week and it was costing over €8k. Fuck it. Left it too late. So this is a nice little compromise.
                                                                                                                  Just back from Gran Canaria. Stayed in Mogan. Lovely quiet place with a nice marina. Food was great in most places we went to. Hotel had a Michelin Star restaurant which we didn’t avail of unfortunately. Very few brits despite it being a TUI package. Just over 5k half board with 3 kids. We did breakfast and lunch and went out for dinner every night and probably spent just over a grand.
                                                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Just back from Gran Canaria. Stayed in Mogan. Lovely quiet place with a nice marina. Food was great in most places we went to. Hotel had a Michelin Star restaurant which we didn’t avail of unfortunately. Very few brits despite it being a TUI package. Just over 5k half board with 3 kids. We did breakfast and lunch and went out for dinner every night and probably spent just over a grand.
                                                                                                                    That's exactly where we were looking to go. It's where my buddy went last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

That's exactly where we were looking to go. It's where my buddy went last year.
                                                                                                                      We got lucky as only booked it 2 weeks before we went. Temps were perfect until the day we left it was 36 going to 40.
                                                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

We got lucky as only booked it 2 weeks before we went. Temps were perfect until the day we left it was 36 going to 40.
                                                                                                                        I'm definitely going to book early for Xmas 24.

I think my friends (same size family) did it for about what you spent.

€8k just a little too spicy.

Comment

Was it booked up or something? Couldn’t imagine having a michelin restaurant on site and not availing of it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X