Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undisputed most important Irish international team sports event of the year 2023 (can’t think of anything else this year that comes close?) about to kick off in under an hour and no chatter on here? Shameful
    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

#OUTBELIEVE

Comment

I've a ticket for the AI final. Whoda thunk it.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          You'll have to buy me a pint. Where in the ground is the ticket for?

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
            Undisputed most important Irish international team sports event of the year 2023 (can’t think of anything else this year that comes close?) about to kick off in under an hour and no chatter on here? Shameful
            Australia @ 1.50 are the lump of the year

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Australia @ 1.50 are the lump of the year
              Especially considering the poor things could only get through 20 mins against Columbia.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                Somewhat of a contradiction there.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

You'll have to buy me a pint. Where in the ground is the ticket for?
                  I'm not sure yet, will find out later. I'll absolutely buy you a pint dude

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      SO NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU SUPPORT AI?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

https://www.sfchronicle.com/oursf/ar...7-17590775.php
                        Wouldn’t be complete without this

Comment

Rte are fucking clownshoes
                          Currently watching absolutely perfect quality stream from FOX in the us
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

That's a decent start.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              Those solar prices seem highish? Is that the battery adding a lot to the cost? We were €6k net for ten panels (4kW or mW) that include hot water heating. I'd ditch the battery tbh - it's pointless in summer as you are constantly over generating, and pointless in winter as you are consuming all you are generating. If you have the car charger that can become the de facto battery to soak up extra generation in summer. There's some benefits to the battery, but really hard to see how the benefits equal the extra cost.
                              You are right at the moment BTW, I've seen the numbers run a lot in recent months and there isn't an economic argument that favours having an expensive battery in the solar set up right now, as the feed-in-tariff rates are quite good (e.g. the cash your electric supplier pays you for the unused energy generated you feed back into the grid). The hope is that battery prices come down significantly in the future, as tech improves.

I realise now that our own solar set up is probably too much; we went with 16 x 420w panels and at least in the summer produce far too much energy, since installation in March we've only used 28% of what we generate, everything else goes back to the grid, and as you pointed out previously we'll owe tax on everything over €200 paid by our electrical provider in feed-in tariff. Now, I am going to add my wife's name to our electricity account, which bumps the tax-free limit up to €400, but I still guess we'll generate €800 in excess this year! With a big solar set up you almost need to have an EV or two on the go to make it all work out from an ROI standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Especially considering the poor things could only get through 20 mins against Columbia.
                                Katie McCabe is gonna come around to your house
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Katie McCabe is gonna come around to your house
                                  >insert picture of aubergine<

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

You are right at the moment BTW, I've seen the numbers run a lot in recent months and there isn't an economic argument that favours having an expensive battery in the solar set up right now, as the feed-in-tariff rates are quite good (e.g. the cash your electric supplier pays you for the unused energy generated you feed back into the grid). The hope is that battery prices come down significantly in the future, as tech improves.

I realise now that our own solar set up is probably too much; we went with 16 x 420w panels and at least in the summer produce far too much energy, since installation in March we've only used 28% of what we generate, everything else goes back to the grid, and as you pointed out previously we'll owe tax on everything over €200 paid by our electrical provider in feed-in tariff. Now, I am going to add my wife's name to our electricity account, which bumps the tax-free limit up to €400, but I still guess we'll generate €800 in excess this year! With a big solar set up you almost need to have an EV or two on the go to make it all work out from an ROI standpoint.
                                    Does the feed-in-tariff depend on your supplier or is there a national one? Is there one rate or is there peak/off peak?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                      Rte are fucking clownshoes
                                      Currently watching absolutely perfect quality stream from FOX in the us
                                      RTE is class tbf . You can't use the RTE player app on a Samsung TV to show their live channels/streams. Only VOD stuff.

We had to stick a laptop and use skygo to stream the match at work. The RTE player stream in browser was useless. Skygo - is flawless.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        SP will be given special privileges.

That's ageist!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Does the feed-in-tariff depend on your supplier or is there a national one? Is there one rate or is there peak/off peak?
                                          Depends on your supplier, but one rate 24/7 from them.

Everything you need to know about the new feed-in tariff for solar electricity produced in Ireland. Timelines, rates, how it works and more

I'm with SSE Airtricity, getting 24c back per kWh, but they only pay twice a year, in May and November. Others pay every billing cycle. In November we'll probably get a €600 credit that will cover our electricity hopefully through the winter!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            Uniqlo Ezy Jeans are the pinnacle of innovation in clothing.
                                            What so special about them?
                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Have to imagine the feed in rates will be decimated as more adopt

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                Have to imagine the feed in rates will be decimated as more adopt
                                                Well, all that should matter to the suppliers is the margin between the price they buy (whether from micro generators like myself or from the ESB) and the price they sell. In my own example, they buy from me at €0.24/kWh but sell to me at €0.325/kWh and probably sell to others at a higher rate on average. As long as the FIT rate is considerably lower than the average rate they sell, they are quids in!

Comment

Presume solar installation would need non-ancient wiring in the house?

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

Well, all that should matter to the suppliers is the margin between the price they buy (whether from micro generators like myself or from the ESB) and the price they sell. In my own example, they buy from me at €0.24/kWh but sell to me at €0.325/kWh and probably sell to others at a higher rate on average. As long as the FIT rate is considerably lower than the average rate they sell, they are quids in!
                                                    Zero sum game though isn't it? Theres only so much energy needed on a given day. If there is more supply of that energy from peeps like you, then rates for that would go down? Or is that too simplistic?

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                      Presume solar installation would need non-ancient wiring in the house?
                                                      yep, think its a requirement
                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Zero sum game though isn't it? Theres only so much energy needed on a given day. If there is more supply of that energy from peeps like you, then rates for that would go down? Or is that too simplistic?
                                                        I presume it would allow us to further decrease our dependency on non-renewable energy?

Comment

Hitch Shrap in Villefranche-de-Conflent today. That whole region is EPIC. The caves of Grottess des Canalettes . unreal

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                            Also no dressing gowns. Get dressed immediately upon getting up in the morning, including weekends.
                                                            I work from home since 2019.
                                                            Pants are are outside clothes

Comment

RTE is showing the excellent BBC series Once upon a time in Northern Ireland its an incredible piece of work and should be required viewing for anyone planning to exercise their vote in the next election.
                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

RTE is showing the excellent BBC series Once upon a time in Northern Ireland its an incredible piece of work and should be required viewing for anyone planning to exercise their vote in the next election.
                                                                your one sided view on all thing Northern Ireland is a joy to behold
                                                                Have a look back on the 10 British soldiers on the program lying about their discipline and how it stopped more deaths
                                                                Thats where the hatred for the Brits stems from
                                                                We are all entitled to our views and I’m on the Republican side on for this one
                                                                Im off to be another Wolfe Tones album

Comment

Have a look back on the 10 British soldiers on the program lying about their discipline and how it stopped more deaths
                                                                  Im off to buy another Wolfe Tones album

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

Im off to be another Wolfe Tones album
                                                                    I hope you realise that it's just not that simple. It's one of hallmarks of just how excellent this series is that I do not expect it to move by the tiniest bit the prejudices and hatred of those who have bought in to the insanity of eye for an eye identity politics where all the fault for all the problems is attributed to 'the other crowd'.
                                                                    What I do hope is that after watching this anyone who puts a tick beside a SF IRA candidate in our forthcoming election (or a DUP vote in an NI election) will never be able to say they did not know who and what they were voting for.

Comment

It is still a bit off, especially in terms of the writing but man it's close and again it is all relative and I remember watching demos of this stuff only a month back that were terrible.

Fable, a San Francisco startup, just released its AI tech that is able to write, produce, direct animate, and even voice entirely new episodes of TV shows.

Their tech critically combines several AI models: including LLMs for writing, custom diffusion models for image creation, and multi-agent simulation for story progression and characterization.

Their first proof of concept? A 20-minute episode of South Park entirely written, produced, and voice by AI
                                                                      Watch the episode and see their Github project page here for a tech deep dive.

Comment

In an AI one-two, I was just coming on to post this (which is admittedly not as interesting as OPRs post):

New model from Meta/Facebook that anyone can use to self-deploy and have their own model. This is a low-range model from the suite of four available from them and it's pretty fucking smart.

Comment

Dundrum is a sea of pink all making it's way to the cinema. They've even turned the fountain pink. It's the biggest cinematic social event since the Mario movie. What a year 2023 is turning out to be on the big screen after the rocky start of Irish-tragedy-porn.

Comment

Although you'd see the odd person passing by wearing purple and you'd have to be slightly morto for them

Comment

Need an AI spam thread
                                                                              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

"He was a tone-deaf singer who couldn't carry a tune", says Dave Fanning in touching tribute to Tony Bennett.

Comment

If the Weather forecast is to be believed 6/4 the draw in 4th test looks as good as free money, there will be little or no play tomorrow or Sunday. Or maybe I'm missing a trick and there is provision to play on a Monday as well...even with a full day and a half You'd have to make the aussies fav to be able to stick it out.

Comment

If the Weather forecast is to be believed 6/4 the draw in 4th test looks as good as free money, there will be little or no play tomorrow or Sunday. Or maybe I'm missing a trick and there is provision to play on a Monday as well...even with a full day and a half You'd have to make the aussies fav to be able to stick it out.
                                                                                    tomorrow seems a wash out but sunday looks manageable for the moment. not sure it's as free money as you think

Comment

No provision for an extra day.

Hopefully England close this one out and we get a huge finale next week.

Comment

Off to go camping in the rain for two days. This feels foolish.

Comment

It is.

Hope that helps

Comment

86% of all Irish camping trips end with murder, divorce or dismemberment. Fact.

Comment

At least the sogginess will make it easy to get the pegs into the ground

Comment

Buk dat. Not doin dat.

Comment

What am I saying, I'm about to fire up the BBQ in the rain.

Comment

I don't even follow cycling, but this is amazing...

Comment

Wait... what? He wakes up at 6am. RUNS for an hour AND

THEN has breakfast and rides a hundred miles a day on the Tour De France?

No more spoilers, one of the best, most honest performance sports interviews ever.

Comment

L

Chat GPT Login
                                                                                                        eh Hi there Chat GPT in a bit of a pickle

"Sorry to hear about your experience is there any way I can help"

Well, it's a bit silly really but we went camping you see

"A great experience, fresh air, adventure and a break from the routine known for its curative powers!"

Yes, yes .its great...except for the rain of course ha ha and the kids getting restless

"I'm so sorry the weather is bad for your camping trip and your children are bored, perhaps I can suggest a few word games or charade or stories to amuse them'

NO!..Jesus Christ NO!...I mean no ...that's grand Chatty no need for all that ha ha ...it's just I brought along some liquid refreshment ..3 bottles in fact and due to an unfortunate series of events ..

"You forgot the fucking corkscrew didn't you"

​​​​​​

Comment

Last minute winner on his debut for Inter Miami!

Comment

Mohoric's interview is a highlight of what's been the one of the greatest tour's ever.

I'm a bit disappointed to hear the cynics and haters crawling out from under their rocks whispering about Vinnegard just because he broke Pogacar. I suppose the TT was such an extraordinary performance that there was bound to be suspicions raised but IMO either they are all at it or none of them are.

Comment

Mohoric's interview is a highlight of what's been the one of the greatest tour's ever.

I'm a bit disappointed to hear the cynics and haters crawling out from under their rocks whispering about Vinnegard just because he broke Pogacar. I suppose the TT was such an extraordinary performance that there was bound to be suspicions raised but IMO either they are all at it or none of them are.
                                                                                                              Inevitable though when you consider the epic scale of cheating in the sport historically. Too many people burned by charlatans like Armstrong.

Vinegaard should be super-transparent, release every medical test he's ever taken. Only way to restore confidence in the sport generally and him personally.

Comment

... less than 3 weeks to go until the new season of IPB FPL dominates the headline... You know you're going to join, so may as well just sign up now!!

...Once more into deep end we go!!!... After a topsy-turvy few seasons, we can hopefully expect a more normalized season...Kick off is August 12th but setting this up early to hopefully attract a stellar field... And the good news is I won't be looking at a mini me pop out the day before the first game, so can fully spam and be

... Main league and H2H as always, limited to first 83 people...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Inevitable though when you consider the epic scale of cheating in the sport historically. Too many people burned by charlatans like Armstrong.

Vinegaard should be super-transparent, release every medical test he's ever taken. Only way to restore confidence in the sport generally and him personally.
                                                                                                                  He's got the highest vo2 max of any athlete across all sports.

The tt was exceptional but what he did the next day on the toughest climb in the tour was outrageous.

Of course he's cheating, as are most of them.

Comment

Camping in that rain will be the kind of childhood memory that will last a lifetime. Caravans were bad enough.
                                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Was it Rhodes that zuut was going to, where they've evacuated loads of places?

Comment

Some of you will like "The Deepest Breath" on Netflix Documentary about a freediver and an Irish safety diver

Comment

I read this poem last night and it punched me in the gut.

Sentimental Moment, Or Why Did The Baguette Cross The Road

Robert Hershon

Don't fill up on bread
                                                                                                                          I say absent-mindedly
                                                                                                                          The servings here are huge

My son, whose hair may be
                                                                                                                          receding a bit, says
                                                                                                                          Did you really just
                                                                                                                          say that to me?

What he doesn't know
                                                                                                                          is that when we're walking
                                                                                                                          together, when we get
                                                                                                                          to the curb
                                                                                                                          I sometimes start to reach
                                                                                                                          for his hand

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X