Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand few pints with Keane, his aul lad and Dice. Keane is still a prick. Nothing to do with his notions. Just cos he's from Tralee.

Comment

Last 3 years started doing a season bet on the 4 leagues in Eng

Team to go down in Prem and teams to go up in other 3 leagues.

Bit of fun for the season

Anyway, due to recent successes on a few horses have been topping up this years bet a fair whack.

Be fun if a few stuck it on and we got a sweat after Xmas.

200/1 ish (dont go near Boyles) ......

Bournemouth relegation
      Middlesborough Promotion
      Peterborough Promotion
      Bradford Promotion

I'm sure OPR will rip it apart

Comment

pokerhand ticket gone elsewhere unfortunately. Will come back if another shows up.

Comment

Comment

Great to see that AI has now risen to the level of a national competition in Ireland. We truly are tech-central. Best of luck to all the prompt engineers today. Expecto Patronum.
            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
              We drove by the Luke Kelly head statue last night and I was trying to explain to the kids who he was. Failed, then used this video this morning.

The looks of WTAF on their faces were a joy to behold.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                Few (many) pints later shifted to Aquai#rium for a game of poker. 13 on a waiting list to play 9 handed. Waited an hour and buggered off home. Tis not like the old days Rodney.
                What's that all about? I've had the same experience last twice and just left eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

We drove by the Luke Kelly head statue last night and I was trying to explain to the kids who he was. Failed, then used this video this morning.

The looks of WTAF on their faces were a joy to behold.
                  This morning

FB_IMG_1690725440669.jpg
                  Last edited by Solksjaer!; 30-07-23, 14:34.

Comment

What's that all about? I've had the same experience last twice and just left eventually.
                    The solution seems so simple, just open another table (or two)

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

The solution seems so simple, just open another table (or two)
                      Well duh, but doesn't seem to occur to PP and his minions.

Comment

Dublin supremacy
                        #bz
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Meh!
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

DUBLIN SUPREMACY
                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              Meh!
                              Yeeee Haaaa FB_IMG_1690733371017.jpg

Comment

The drought is finally ended.

Comment

there won't be an oat milked in dublin tonight

Comment

I'm just looking forward to the annual sighting of Zod in the BBV.

Comment

The force is strong

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                        The drought is finally ended.
                                        For a Zod post ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

For a Zod post ?
                                          For the long lean years without Dublin winning the All Ireland. Many suffered, but the faith remained strong, Inshallah.

Comment

There's 1000 songs about Christmas but only one song about the boys being back in town

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                              Few (many) pints later shifted to Aquai#rium for a game of poker. 13 on a waiting list to play 9 handed. Waited an hour and buggered off home. Tis not like the old days Rodney.
                                              Aquarium poker is a feast or a famine.
                                              Two+ tables Fri/Sat and a ghost town the rest of the week.
                                              D1 for cash with 1st tables consistently open by 8:30
                                              or Bonnington for juicy PLO around 10pm.

Saddest part of your night wasn't failing to play poker btw.
                                              You went drinking with a Kerryman on All-Ireland weekend
                                              ... a Kerryman staring down the barrel of marriage the following week ...
                                              and on his last weekend of freedom yis were heading home by midnight!!!
                                              FOR SHAME!!!

Best of luck Dobby.
                                              A new career beckoning & a gorgeous bride to boot.
                                              GG sir.

Comment

Comment

What an experience.

Up the Dubs
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Lol. 4 gardai with two SUVs waiting outside a neighbours house for the last 20 minutes. Kinda assume they're giving her time to pack, but looks mad dodgy.
                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                      Lol. 4 gardai with two SUVs waiting outside a neighbours house for the last 20 minutes. Kinda assume they're giving her time to pack, but looks mad dodgy.
                                                      She's probably a communist
                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

She's probably a communist
                                                        The ould lad taken away after an hour and 46 minutes . Guess it's for more than non payment of the tv license .
                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Haha, 'suspiciously well informed'

A certain deceased psittacine comes to mind.
                                                          Mate....
                                                          I cleared the internet in 1998
                                                          Some wagon eating jpeg apples isn't my bag.
                                                          Just cause I know shit, doesn't mean I like shit
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Is there a reason why you never see duck wings in butchers?

Comment

...Less than 2 weeks until the 2nd greatest competition on IPB commences... It is time for you to get your FF team created!!!.

...Once more into deep end we go!!!... After a topsy-turvy few seasons, we can hopefully expect a more normalized season...Kick off is August 12th but setting this up early to hopefully attract a stellar field... And the good news is I won't be looking at a mini me pop out the day before the first game, so can fully spam and be

... As per previous seasons, €30 for the main league, €20 for H2H and i'm sure alot of potential grudge matches!!!...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Mate....
                                                                I cleared the internet in 1998
                                                                Some wagon eating jpeg apples isn't my bag.
                                                                Just cause I know shit, doesn't mean I like shit
                                                                Don't be giving me that, you're all over the GangGang GangGang GangGang , yeeehaa, feels good, oh yeah, popcorn feel like a Cowgirl

Comment

Watched the deepest breath with my 11 year old and agreed she wouldn’t become a free diver. What an epic doc. The opening dive sequence of changing colour of water from light to dark to light again and the last minute felt like 10.
                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

One for all you Oppenheimer fans.
                                                                    Why isn't there a pregnant Barbie doll?
                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                    Because Ken came in a different box.

Comment

Ashes time. I wanted to back Head for series top scorer but missed the boat at 22/1 when it was available and he's about 10s now. Also wanted to back AU to win 4-0 and missed out on that too.

I think Bazball is going to hit the rocks here. Australia are too strong - plus Stokes is crippled, both Anderson and Broad are liable to break down, Bairstow is very dodgy behind the stumps, picking Moeen is madness, Crawley is a joke.
                                                                      Hope I'm wrong though and we get a super-competitive series and it goes to the wire.
                                                                      Well, I got bits of this very right and bits of it very wrong as we approach what will most likely be a rain-affected last day of the series.
                                                                      • Stokes is crippled (but still batted very well and captained well too)
                                                                      • Neither Anderson or Broad broke down (but Anderson had very little impact and Broad is retired as at close of play)
                                                                      • Bairstow is indeed very dodgy behind the stumps (and I think that was the losing of tests 1 and 2)
                                                                      • Picking Moeen didn't pay off
                                                                      • Crawley (!) was England's top run scorer.
                                                                      Having said all that, England were the better team and very unlucky not to have the Ashes in their possession. Bazball is brilliant to watch and, it seems, brilliant to play. More sports teams need to embrace this approach - fans will thank them for it.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                        ...Less than 2 weeks until the 2nd greatest competition on IPB commences... It is time for you to get your FF team created!!!.

...Once more into deep end we go!!!... After a topsy-turvy few seasons, we can hopefully expect a more normalized season...Kick off is August 12th but setting this up early to hopefully attract a stellar field... And the good news is I won't be looking at a mini me pop out the day before the first game, so can fully spam and be
                                                                        It's a big gap from greatest to second greatest

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                                          One for all you Oppenheimer fans.
                                                                          Why isn't there a pregnant Barbie doll?
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          Because Ken came in a different box.
                                                                          There is a pregnant barbie in the movie, noOb

Comment

Top article in the Indo today genuinely outraged to discover that a fall in the rise of inflation doesn't mean that prices will fall.

Comment

What I've learned catching up on the last few days posting here is that sad nerdy boys/men are a great source of money for loads of pretty girls.

Comment

FB_IMG_1690796434882.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                  Watched the deepest breath with my 11 year old and agreed she wouldn’t become a free diver. What an epic doc. The opening dive sequence of changing colour of water from light to dark to light again and the last minute felt like 10.
                                                                                  it is absolutely amazing.
                                                                                  Edge of the seat stuff

Comment

Well, I got bits of this very right and bits of it very wrong as we approach what will most likely be a rain-affected last day of the series.
                                                                                    • Stokes is crippled (but still batted very well and captained well too)
                                                                                    • Neither Anderson or Broad broke down (but Anderson had very little impact and Broad is retired as at close of play)
                                                                                    • Bairstow is indeed very dodgy behind the stumps (and I think that was the losing of tests 1 and 2)
                                                                                    • Picking Moeen didn't pay off
                                                                                    • Crawley (!) was England's top run scorer.
                                                                                    Having said all that, England were the better team and very unlucky not to have the Ashes in their possession. Bazball is brilliant to watch and, it seems, brilliant to play. More sports teams need to embrace this approach - fans will thank them for it.
                                                                                    Stokes appeared to be my main danger to Frankie for SPOTY so glasd to hear it didnt go too well, now just to dodge the English women lifting the WC

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                      What I've learned catching up on the last few days posting here is that sad nerdy boys/men are a great source of fandom for boys in short-shorts aimlessly kicking a ball around a pitch.
                                                                                      ... is surely the correct takeaway given the majority of posting was on the all-ireland

Comment

One for zuutroy and folks but i see a pop up message on Stars there about Mixed Game Majors starting this week (2-7, 8 game, Limit, Razz ,7 card etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

... is surely the correct takeaway given the majority of posting was on the all-ireland
                                                                                          Dublin winning something isn't notable.

Comment

Noticed that yesterday. Nice to have a 2-7 tournament at a reasonable hour. Hoping the RTA in NLHE will send people towards the mixed games! I think PLO is already experiencing a bit of a boom.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                              Noticed that yesterday. Nice to have a 2-7 tournament at a reasonable hour. Hoping the RTA in NLHE will send people towards the mixed games! I think PLO is already experiencing a bit of a boom.
                                                                                              Hustler doing a stream on high stakes plo has 100% increased casual interest

Comment

I see the local Turkish barber has now invested in upgrading their "Card Machine Out of Order" sign from a handwritten sign to a printed embossed notice. If they could just put that effort into fixing the darned deficient card machine

Comment

I see the local Turkish barber has now invested in upgrading their "Card Machine Out of Order" sign from a handwritten sign to a printed embossed notice. If they could just put that effort into fixing the darned deficient card machine
                                                                                                  Wouldn't be able to launder money that way though.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                    Phenomenal TV, the bit where they ask you to hold your breath watching it really drives home how mad what they are doing really is. The views coming back up, and the utter darkness down below, especially the hole is really quite amazing. It’s fairly incomprehensible how they train to get that good. It must be so enjoyable to do jollies around the sea without the need for apparatus, aside from the benefits of competition.

SPOILER
                                                                                                    I really expected them both to die at the end, brilliant twist to a fantastic story.

Comment

Looking up American mobile options for the holiday and they seem extraordinarily backwards. Like you'd be a gimp to be spending more than a tenner a month for unlimited everything and 5g in Dublin. But the US doesn't seem to have options approaching that level of service, and even entry level stuff is $50 a month. I do realize there's a difference between temporary e-sims and whatever Eir gives me, but it's still mad how competitive Dublin is given we aren't usually competitive at anything.

Comment

Looking up American mobile options for the holiday and they seem extraordinarily backwards. Like you'd be a gimp to be spending more than a tenner a month for unlimited everything and 5g in Dublin. But the US doesn't seem to have options approaching that level of service, and even entry level stuff is $50 a month. I do realize there's a difference between temporary e-sims and whatever Eir gives me, but it's still mad how competitive Dublin is given we aren't usually competitive at anything.
                                                                                                        Whatever you do, don't use your own phone/plan when over there. You will be absolutely raped on the roaming charges regardless of whether you use the internet, take/make a call or send a text.

We were last there in 2018 and it was way, way cheaper to buy a burner phone over there than use our own phones unless we were somewhere we could connect to WIFI.

I've family in Canada and it's the same (if not worse then the US) - Their price plans are crazy high and apparently it's down to very few service providers so next to no competition which I thought was crazy but that's just how it is.

Comment

Those fuckers were still using beepers years after we were texting.

Comment

There is a pregnant barbie in the movie, noOb
                                                                                                            In that case Ken's obviously a two timing dog.
                                                                                                            Maybe Dom has a point.

Comment

Youngfellow was over in Boston earlier this year and got him this one, dual sim tray so could swap between handy enough, its more than you pay here for sure but you wont pay anymore and no shocks !

edit. They reuse the numbers so you do get spam calls, but no different from here really.
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Interesting opinion piece from The New Yorker on Hollywood's Slo-Mo Self-Sabotage.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                  Those fuckers were still using beepers years after we were texting.
                                                                                                                  They don't know what WhatsApp is.

Comment

Two freakin hours spent on a letter to a minister to get appointed to an ai advisory group. Could have spent the time watching Fleishman is in Trouble. Let's hope nobody else is willing to go to the same level of effort (two hours, not a minute more) and i get to TK Whitaker* the nation into its glorious robotic ai future.

* if Whitaker was one of a panel of seven, as per this position, but now is the time for deep vision and not nitpicking

Comment

A man obsessed with trains finally steals one and immediately crashes it, killing several people...

At the trial, the man is found guilty of multiple murders and sentenced to death.

Before he faces his sentence, he's offered a last meal, and asks for a single banana, which is given to him. The next day, he's led to the electric chair. They strap him in, pull the switch, and... nothing happens.

There's never been a failure before. But because you cannot punish a person twice for the same crime, the court is forced to let him go free.

Within a week's time, naturally, the man, who is obsessed with trains, goes and steals another one. He doesn't care that he can't drive it or that he failed catastrophically before; he is obsessed with trains and his only desire is to operate one. As before, he crashes it, and kills several people. Again, he stands trial, and again, he is sentenced to death, showing no remorse, only delight that he got to operate the train.

His last meal request is a single banana.

When he goes to the chair, the executioner pulls the switch, but nothing happens. He goes free again.

The train-obsessed maniac, once more on the loose, wastes no time in hijacking a train and crashing it.

His trial is speedy, because this has already happened twice, and he is sentenced to death. They ask him what he'd like for his last meal.

"A single banana," he says.

"Oh, no you don't, you son of a bitch. We're on to you, now. We know all about your little banana trick, and you're not escaping this time!" The guards refuse his request, and instead serve him a standard last meal of steak, potatoes, and berry cobbler.

The next morning they strap him into the electric chair, pull the switch, and... nothing happens.

"Did you give him the banana?" demands the head guard.

"No, sir! He asked for the banana but we didn't give it to him, we swear!" says one of the guards.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      Turns out the banana had nothing to do with anything. He was just a really bad conductor.

Comment

Should probably have included a bit more AI content, but I'm no expert on letters to ministers.

Comment

Something I learned recently that might be of use to someone. It's not a perfect solution, but it does work.

When you hit a paywall and want to read a web article, you can edit the url and put "archive.is/" (without the quote marks obviously) after the https:// bit and before the www or m part of the url. It'll then take you to a page where there is already an archived version you can read by clicking on that link, or you can generate one yourself if one doesn't exist. Generating one yourself will take a minute, but it'll work. The resulting article won;t be formatted brilliantly and will have some ads, but you'll be able to read the article. Clunky, but effective.

For example: This is paywalled for me now: https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-c...shifting-a-bit

But by making it this and then hitting enter: https://archive.is/www.newyorker.com...shifting-a-bit

Generates this link to the article which is not paywalled: https://archive.is/3Eh2X

Ad block works fine on desktop browser, but not so much on chrome mobile for me. There may be better solutions, but this seems to be a universal one from my efforts over the last couple of months.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X