Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean this is a textbook example how to get a guy (who can levy a fine of a quarter of a billion dollars on yo' ass) onside and feeling well-disposed towards you. Winning.

He also called the presiding supreme court judge Arthur Engoron “ROGUE, OUT OF CONTROL” and “TRUMP HATING”.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Errr, how much RWC knockout rugby have you watched? (I suspect 'a lot')

That's exactly what you're going to get in the QFs and onwards!
      to be fair, that was a pool stage dog fight, which is kind of strange that everyone saw it as "an awesome final match", which was absolute bullshit. it was a great pool game. end of story. the big games mean so much more when it's a knock out stage, like england nz last world cup. i'm just saying that expansive rugby is what fans want, they're obviously going to get a lot of attrition rugby as well.

You celebrated like you won the world cup, but you've now got to beat the ABs (if you beat the scots which you should)... in the quarter finals. you might be the better team but i'd bet on the all blacks in the quarters(i won't as i'm hoping you win )

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
        Glinners promo for the new buke

Divorced, limited time with your kids
        How best to spend your time?

That stand up was fucking awful btw.....Like really bad, drunken "thinks he's funny uncle" at a wedding

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

That is definitely not the case. Rugby fans absolutley loved that match but NZ rugby is the style of rugby everyone loves to watch. French rugby has matched that currently, and if we beat SA, it's because we'll score more tries than them, and be more creative whilst still challenging them at every stage in the forwards battle. They'll score, but we'll score more and that's the kind of game everyone wants to see.

It doesn't always happen that way, which is absolutely fine for most rugby fans, but if IRL-SA was the way rugby was played every week, we'd lose a lot of fans.
          French Rugby is like French food. Great in theory, disappointing in practice.

Comment

to be fair, that was a pool stage dog fight, which is kind of strange that everyone saw it as "an awesome final match", which was absolute bullshit. it was a great pool game. end of story. the big games mean so much more when it's a knock out stage, like england nz last world cup. i'm just saying that expansive rugby is what fans want, they're obviously going to get a lot of attrition rugby as well.

You celebrated like you won the world cup, but you've now got to beat the ABs (if you beat the scots which you should)... in the quarter finals. you might be the better team but i'd bet on the all blacks in the quarters(i won't as i'm hoping you win )
            I think both quarter finals (on our side of the draw) are tossups. Hoping France can surf on the crowd's emotion to get past a well-organised SA and we can continue the surgical dissection of NZ that we've put together over the last couple of seasons.
            Would be great if the two big Southern hemisphere threats (and serial winners) were gone after that weekend. More likely, it will just be one....

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

You're only saying that because you know Shraaaap can't catch you.

Once he becomes the bionic man, he will have your ass for those remarks.

Comment

My last comment on linehan

This interview is incredible.
                2 choice quotes
                But surely his life has become much more difficult? ‘All I’ve done is be very stubborn, and refuse to lie,’ he says. ‘Obviously, it hasn’t done great things for my career, or my marriage, but I’m on very solid ground because I know I’m right.’
                Then he goes on to argue that the transgender movement ‘produces no art’, adding, ‘There’s no great trans film. There’s no great trans creators of music. All the books that come out by trans authors are universally panned because of their incoherence.’
                Just astoundingly poor stuff
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

This interview is incredible.
                  2 choice quotes

Just astoundingly poor stuff
                  It's the same pattern as anyone who becomes truly obsessive about anything - it becomes your entire world and you lose all sense of perspective.

Of course, the internet then allows you to find echo chambers stuffed full of equally obsessed folks and the whole thing becomes amplified out of all proportion. I actually think most of these people would be back to normal if you simply took away their phones for three months.

Comment

tbh I agree on French food. It's just fancy uses of butter.
                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Whilst French rugby may disappoint, french food rarely does. GFYHJ, hopefully we meet one day and i make you see the error of your ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Shame Ireland has never mastered the making of good butter

Comment

That's not what Andre said when he put the butter on the spuds. CASE CLOSED.

Comment

Irish butter is woeful compared to French butter. We got too obsessed with feeding grass to our butter and haven't spent enough time on methods and diversity.

Comment

That's about all we have managed to do! I was at a language exchange recently with people from all around the world, one of the topics was what's the best food from your country. Bread and butter was the only thing I could think of. Is fish and chips Irish?

I love Mexican food, but the butter here stinks. Awful. Luckily, you can get Irish butter here, even if it is extortionate! My girlfriend here used to use French butter, but I've switched us over to the good stuff. In fairness, there's barely any difference.

Comment

Got the inkling of an idea to upgrade to a BYD Seal next year. 600km range. https://www.bydauto.ie/en/seal Its a ridic price (€45k, so manageable with a trade-in on the Leaf, which has possibly even increased in price) for the quality. Seen a few review videos and they seem besides themselves with the build now they've personalised it a bit more for the European market. BYD itself is obv solid as a rock given they are the world's battery folk.

That feels like the type of car thats going to see whole swathes of the country switching. No realistic range anxiety, the same price as the Tucson which is the number 1 bestselling car in the country afaik. Ridic good quality.
                                Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 02-10-23, 19:24.

Comment

That's about all we have managed to do! I was at a language exchange recently with people from all around the world, one of the topics was what's the best food from your country. Bread and butter was the only thing I could think of. Is fish and chips Irish?

I love Mexican food, but the butter here stinks. Awful. Luckily, you can get Irish butter here, even if it is extortionate! My girlfriend here used to use French butter, but I've switched us over to the good stuff. In fairness, there's barely any difference.
                                  For some reason a lot of Irish think their butter is good. It's not! It's awful.

French butter sold abroad is probably not great either tbh, but potentially still decent, and certainly better than others, but French butter sold in France is a whole other level.

Please don't compare Irish and French butter, it's like comparing the premier league and the airtricity league. There really is no comparison.

Comment

Please don't compare Irish and French butter, it's like comparing the premier league and the airtricity league. There really is no comparison.
                                    You're living in the past. French butter is ok for baking, but otherwise, like Napoleon and Minitel, just a nice French memory of better times.

https://www.ft.com/content/6c76e373-...4-1a8cc27387f8

“It used to be that every London restaurant served Échiré or Lescure; now it’s rare to find a French butter at the table.”
                                    Last edited by Hectorjelly; 02-10-23, 20:12.

Comment

Got the inkling of an idea to upgrade to a BYD Seal next year. 600km range. https://www.bydauto.ie/en/seal Its a ridic price (€45k, so manageable with a trade-in on the Leaf, which has possibly even increased in price) for the quality. Seen a few review videos and they seem besides themselves with the build now they've personalised it a bit more for the European market. BYD itself is obv solid as a rock given they are the world's battery folk.

That feels like the type of car thats going to see whole swathes of the country switching. No realistic range anxiety, the same price as the Tucson which is the number 1 bestselling car in the country afaik. Ridic good quality.
                                      What would you recommend for the 'five mostly grown people plus a dog'-sized family? I'm ready to go E but haven't seen anything of the required capacity!

Comment

I'm liking the New Victor Meldrew side to Hector Jelly . With the golf bashing and the Frenchy jibes . .
                                        Long live Hector Meldrew .

Comment

one in every Port eh . You dawg

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                            I'm liking the New Victor Meldrew side to Hector Jelly . With the golf bashing and the Frenchy jibes . .
                                            Long live Hector Meldrew .
                                            Whereas you've lost your roots entirely. Looks at you jabbering on about rugby and golf.

Ronnie Drew would spit on you now. For shame.

Comment

What would you recommend for the 'five mostly grown people plus a dog'-sized family? I'm ready to go E but haven't seen anything of the required capacity!
                                              hmm the video of the BYD Seal suggests it might feel on the small size. I suspect though that BYD is the gamechanger in the Irish market as they have a Tucson style brand also.

Comment

You're living in the past. French butter is ok for baking, but otherwise, like Napoleon and Minitel, just a nice French memory of better times.

https://www.ft.com/content/6c76e373-...4-1a8cc27387f8

“It used to be that every London restaurant served Échiré or Lescure; now it’s rare to find a French butter at the table.”
                                                That is so incredibly misinformed. Real French good quality butter is like nothing else in the world. Genuinely almost vomited when trying Kerrygold after moving back and even now we have Abernethy on bulk order. But Kerrygold is most definitely not good butter. Real French butter though is not President etc!

Comment

The absolute state of the fools trying to argue against banning disposable vapes that are targeted at children. Even our liberatardian wing here have given up on that one
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Call me juvenile (guilty as charged) but sometimes it's the little details in the overall insanity of Trump that I find the most entertaining.

Comment

That is so incredibly misinformed. Real French good quality butter is like nothing else in the world. Genuinely almost vomited when trying Kerrygold after moving back and even now we have Abernethy on bulk order. But Kerrygold is most definitely not good butter. Real French butter though is not President etc!
                                                      There's only one way to settle this.

Comment

Whereas you've lost your roots entirely. Looks at you jabbering on about rugby and golf.

Ronnie Drew would spit on you now. For shame.
                                                        Rugger Union was my 2nd eggball love. Eddie Warring and his Rugby League commentary made up my Saturday sports menu. Seve was my sporting hero.( after Sean Kelly) Ronnie Understands

Comment

For some reason a lot of Irish think their butter is good. It's not! It's awful.

French butter sold abroad is probably not great either tbh, but potentially still decent, and certainly better than others, but French butter sold in France is a whole other level.

Been to France a fair few times and don't remember anything particularly special about the butter
                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Speaking of quality Irish dairy products, I've had a revelatory experience in recent weeks after a neighbour opened a new business.

They put a vending machine in a small cabin in the yard of their farm where you can fill your own bottle with fresh milk , the milk is pasteurised but not homogenised and it is magnificent! It's hard to explain how great it is, there is no real comparison to be made the crap they sell in the shops bar they are both white liquids.

I poured and drank a glass of milk yesterday, it was as tasty as ice cream and as filling as as a meal and something I haven't done in probably more than thirty years since they stopped selling milk and replaced it with that watery chemical concoction you get in the shops!

Comment

Car reviews, car content & car news specific to the Irish & UK markets. Unauthorised use of any content without my express permission strictly prohibited. Thanks for watching!

I think that guy is good for Irish based reviews.

Also a good site to check car dimensions: https://www.automobiledimension.com

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                The absolute state of the fools trying to argue against banning disposable vapes that are targeted at children. Even our liberatardian wing here have given up on that one
                                                                Who cares about Vapes? What are your thoughts on the great Irish/French butter debate?

Comment

Divorced, limited time with your kids
                                                                  How best to spend your time?

That stand up was fucking awful btw.....Like really bad, drunken "thinks he's funny uncle" at a wedding
                                                                  Ah, sure the poor lad is such a sad place, that he's ended up having pints with the likes of me twice this year. He's no intentions of being a stand up comedian.
                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Speaking of quality Irish dairy products, I've had a revelatory experience in recent weeks after a neighbour opened a new business.

They put a vending machine in a small cabin in the yard of their farm where you can fill your own bottle with fresh milk , the milk is pasteurised but not homogenised and it is magnificent! It's hard to explain how great it is, there is no real comparison to be made the crap they sell in the shops bar they are both white liquids.

I poured and drank a glass of milk yesterday, it was as tasty as ice cream and as filling as as a meal and something I haven't done in probably more than thirty years since they stopped selling milk and replaced it with that watery chemical concoction you get in the shops!
                                                                      This stuff is good

Buy Raw Milk - find an up to date list of farmers in Ireland that sell raw cows / goats milk. Stockists listed as well as mail order across Ireland.

Comment

Thoughts and views on this, which I declare is the nicest Irish butter

Irish Salted Butter 100 % natural product, no artificial colourings and flavourings. Creamy and naturally spreadable, all that is added is a pinch of salt and packed in 100% recyclable parchment paper. Parchments Packs in 125g, 227g and 454g formats
                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Pretty sure they got the idea from Clarksons farm - cow juice on tap.
                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                            I think if you witnessed a cow parlour in action you'd be hesitant to drink non pasteurised milk.
                                                                            Don't touch the stuff myself!
                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Who cares about Vapes? What are your thoughts on the great Irish/French butter debate?
                                                                              LOL French butter, unsalted shite, grand if you want to make pastry

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                important context in this is the journalist was murdered recently

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Thoughts and views on this, which I declare is the nicest Irish butter

https://www.glenstalfoods.com/produc...salted-butter/
                                                                                  its phenomenal

Comment

LOL French butter, unsalted shite, grand if you want to make pastry
                                                                                    now i'm starting to doubt you on sf=terrorists and chavball. Like thats shocking.

The whole salted vs unsalted butter divides France - Brittany and surrounding regions pretty much only have salted, while Southern places have unsalted.

Famously when there was a great butter shortage around 2011 there was pictures from e.g. Bordeaux of "there's no butter left" showing an aisle of all the unsalted butter gone and the salted butter still stacked to the roofs, and the opposite for Brittany and surrounds.

I think though the demi-sel is widely considered the top butter.

Comment

Pretty sure they got the idea from Clarksons farm - cow juice on tap.
                                                                                      Oh yeah the bottles look the same, I think there are a few places opening up doing it, seems to me like the key to it is the availability of the vending machine that does most of the work.

The place near me is on a bad bit of road that's busy enough but not a huge level of passing traffic and it looks like they don't even have a website but apparently are doing phenomenal business that is way ahead of their expectation.

Comment

Fk ye all. Now have to do a Lazare style late night feed with baked potato and some non French budda .

Beans on your baked Potato or is that the stuff of the rat head lower class ?

Comment

"Then he goes on to argue that the transgender movement ‘produces no art’, adding, ‘There’s no great trans film. There’s no great trans creators of music. All the books that come out by trans authors are universally panned because of their incoherence.’
                                                                                          I mean this is just insane, it's not rational it's just hatred.

Comment

Watching The Devils Plan on Netflix last night. Korean reality tv. Its a bit odd.

Starts by introducing one of the candidates: "here's Kim who graduated from Ireland's top university - University College Dublin. Like wtf?

There's then 20 minutes of everyone introducing themselves. Its not in any way a spoiler, but i'll put it in spoilers anyway.

SPOILER
                                                                                            There's two people sharing a room. One goes to the other - oh were you born in 1998 also, I thought you were older, thats great lets therefore address each other informally. Then - crisis - it turns out the other guy was actually born in 1997. Cue the original guy having a piece-to-camera: I messed up badly here, we have now reverted to addressing each other formally.

Essentially the competition is a serious of intelligent games. Below is a not-spoiler bit about the first episode game.

SPOILER
                                                                                            The first game is live werewolf. But they made it so ridiculously complicated it managed to take them about 30 minutes to explain the rules. Like the first round started with people drawing out charts in their notepads to work out all the complexity.

Started off hating it, but by the end of the first episode you'd be so caught up in the whole complexity of the thing. No idea whats going on.

There's also a bonus:

SPOILER
                                                                                            There's a Canadian guy who speaks Korean and really the attitude of everyone to him is madly condescending. Like that he has essentially escaped from a mixture of a lunatic asylum and special-ed class.

Comment

Watching The Devils Plan on Netflix last night. Korean reality tv. Its a bit odd.

Starts by introducing one of the candidates: "here's Kim who graduated from Ireland's top university - University College Dublin. Like wtf?

There's then 20 minutes of everyone introducing themselves. Its not in any way a spoiler, but i'll put it in spoilers anyway.

SPOILER
                                                                                              There's two people sharing a room. One goes to the other - oh were you born in 1998 also, I thought you were older, thats great lets therefore address each other informally. Then - crisis - it turns out the other guy was actually born in 1997. Cue the original guy having a piece-to-camera: I messed up badly here, we have now reverted to addressing each other formally.

Essentially the competition is a serious of intelligent games. Below is a not-spoiler bit about the first episode game.

SPOILER
                                                                                              The first game is live werewolf. But they made it so ridiculously complicated it managed to take them about 30 minutes to explain the rules. Like the first round started with people drawing out charts in their notepads to work out all the complexity.

Started off hating it, but by the end of the first episode you'd be so caught up in the whole complexity of the thing. No idea whats going on.

There's also a bonus:

SPOILER
                                                                                              There's a Canadian guy who speaks Korean and really the attitude of everyone to him is madly condescending. Like that he has essentially escaped from a mixture of a lunatic asylum and special-ed class.
                                                                                              Sound really shite
                                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I remember years ago getting butter from the supermarket in those little parchment rolls. Not sure if it was Irish or French. Haven't seen it in years.

Is there any stockists of French butter were I can test Sharp's claims? F&B probably
                                                                                                ​​​​​

Comment

SPOILER

SPOILER

There's also a bonus:

SPOILER
                                                                                                  We're really enjoying it tbh. Games are getting better as it goes on. I thought the werewolf game was great!

Comment

I was about to post that this is Hitch levels of bad takes and then...

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I was about to post that this is Hitch levels of bad takes and then...

What did the French chef say to the foreign chef

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Sound really shite
                                                                                                        Its an odd one. Its quite intriguing. You just have to try hard to suppress the memory of them describing UCD as our best university.

Comment

Its an odd one. Its quite intriguing. You just have to try hard to suppress the memory of them describing UCD as our best university.
                                                                                                          It's 2nd in the rankings, hardly that outlandish a claim, even if not factually correct.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

It's 2nd in the rankings, hardly that outlandish a claim, even if not factually correct.
                                                                                                            Trinity is 100 places ahead of them in the world university rankings. There's no comparison. One's an internationally acclaimed university, the other's an okay local university.

Comment

Trinity is 100 places ahead of them in the world university rankings. There's no comparison.
                                                                                                              The Gretzky brothers . Tenous link.

Together, Wayne and Brent hold the NHL record for most combined points by two brothers - 2,857 for Wayne and 4 for Brent, and are second overall in points scored by any number of brothers (behind the six brothers of the Sutter family who combined for 2,934 NHL points - 73 more than Wayne and Brent.

Comment

Trinity is 100 places ahead of them in the world university rankings. There's no comparison.
                                                                                                                Let the lad have a bit of Hyperbole. Not like he was trying to claim that Letterkenny IT was the premier educational institution in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Let the lad have a bit of Hyperbole. Not like he was trying to claim that Letterkenny IT was the premier educational institution in the country.
                                                                                                                  Sorry I think you mean the Atlantic Technological University
                                                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

University rankings are stupid....Good on Utrecht for telling Times HE to GFY.

Comment

Sorry I think you mean the Atlantic Technological University
                                                                                                                      I struggled to not call it the RTC to be honest.

Comment

First of the LC grinds taking place here now - college student giving Child #1 Irish refresher after she realised she had forgotten it all during Transition Year.

Let's see how this plays out.

Comment

First of the LC grinds taking place here now - college student giving Child #1 Irish refresher after she realised she had forgotten it all during Transition Year.

Let's see how this plays out.
                                                                                                                          If you need History or Geography grinds, i know a guy

IPB discount available.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X