X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Pretty fucking great.

Feel a bit quare now after some undergound dive deviancy in the Marais.
    Same..... ended up in a speakeasy till 4am... not the smartest move when having in to get up at 6.30am to head to the airport
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

Their only try was a direct result of a missed penalty, so please remember to subtract 5 from SA's 'points left behind' total if we're doing that! and further to the points left behind theme, if our lineout was firing how many more points would we have?

SA freely chose a dynamic, attacking 10 whose kicking game is well known to let him down, it's part of his package. Better team won, I'm 100% convinced about that.
      Doesnt matter unless we drive this home and win it. SA are some outfit , be happy not to see them again this WC . Dizzy heights with Ireland these days , still loved granstand Saturdays and 5 nations back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Doesnt matter unless we drive this home and win it. SA are some outfit , be happy not to see them again this WC . Dizzy heights with Ireland these days , still loved granstand Saturdays and 5 nations back in the day.
        as a Frenchman, i'm happier to face SA than yourselves in the QFs tbh, not entirely sure why, but i think currently Northern hemisphere sides have a small edge tactically vs Southern hemisphere sides but neither SA or NZ are easy games by any means. let's just hope we get through those games...and let's not forget the potential Scottish banana skin you've got to get through as well

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

as a Frenchman, i'm happier to face SA than yourselves in the QFs tbh, not entirely sure why, but i think currently Northern hemisphere sides have a small edge tactically vs Southern hemisphere sides but neither SA or NZ are easy games by any means. let's just hope we get through those games...and let's not forget the potential Scottish banana skin you've got to get through as well
          I think you V SA would be more than tactics a highly charged emotive match. Be a great watch

Comment

Feel like a nazi in Berlin in April 1945 this morning.
            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

Their only try was a direct result of a missed penalty, so please remember to subtract 5 from SA's 'points left behind' total if we're doing that! and further to the points left behind theme, if our lineout was firing how many more points would we have?

SA freely chose a dynamic, attacking 10 whose kicking game is well known to let him down, it's part of his package. Better team won, I'm 100% convinced about that.
              we'll never know but it's a very different game if they're ahead and you're chasing. Wouldn't surprise me if we see Pollard face us in the quarters. if you have no confidence in your kicker, you're not in a great frame of mind tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                Feel like a nazi in Berlin in April 1945 this morning.
                646EE901-9BD9-44EB-A87C-AC8C7DBFA82B.jpeg
                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Maguire is a stone cold killer.
                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                    When people like Reggie think a chinese led world would be better than a US one I'm always reminded of the difference between the my lai massacre and Tianamen square. Both awful tradegies no doubt, but imagine being a family member of a student murdered by the CCP and having to pretend it didn't happen, forty years later. https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...unge-tiananmen
                    The point I was trying to make is that the US bombing the shit out of whatever country they want, massacring innocent civilians in whatever country they decide to illegally invade is not something to be thankful for. I'm not sure the Chinese would necessarily be much worse given how bad the US have been. You can point to thousands of horrific things the Chinese have done and are doing to their own citizens aswell.
                    I would say that in terms of foreign policy, the US has been much worse than China over the past 80 years. In terms of how it treats it's own citizens, China has been much worse than the US.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Huge support for Ireland from the frenchies in Paris last night. Lot of fraternitie for sure.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

This is such a bizarre story. Like it's surely a mistake rather than someone thinking "let's not give the black girl a medal". And yet apparently the family in question have been making a deal about it for a year and now it's an international story.

A social media clip showed a line of girls receiving awards at a ceremony, with the one black girl being the only one who didn't get a prize. Gymnastics Ireland says the official involved expressed "deep regret". The four-time Olympic champion says "there is no room for racism in sport".
                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Today is a day for moving very slowly and not trying to make any decisions. Voice gone too for good measure.

Comment

Think someone here mentioned getting a prepaid sim for overseas travel? Any recommendations - going to Vietnam

Comment

I don't know if it comes across on the TV, but the Irish squad are clearly having the time of their lives - all very relaxed and happy in the post-game walkabout\wave to the crowd in all the venues. I think Farrell has given them the week off now to do as they see fit, seems like very smart and sensible management.

Also, what a crowd. Easily half the 80,000 were Irish and the remaining non-Bok fans were all very pro-Ireland. Just constant noise\singing\chanting at high volume. The RER back into the centre after the game was fantastic too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                This is such a bizarre story. Like it's surely a mistake rather than someone thinking "let's not give the black girl a medal". And yet apparently the family in question have been making a deal about it for a year and now it's an international story.

https://news.sky.com/story/olympian-...eland-12969383
                                The video is pretty damning.

The response from Gymnastics Ireland is very mealy mouthed however, I would love to know the details of "immediatly realised mistake and gave the medal before the child left field of play"
                                It's pretty important does that mean pretty soon after the camera has stopped or does field of play mean the arena at some undetermined later time of the day. People do be at these things for hours and if the event was on early enough (likely given the age of kids) and wasn't given her medal until much later in the day, it's a very different outcome.
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

dobby

PP clearly fancying you to run a good race

Comment

https://news.sky.com/story/olympian-...eland-12969383
                                    I think the issue is, as you can clearly see in the video doing the rounds, that the girl in question was skipped over, 2 girls at the end of the line got their medals and she didn't get one.

As the person is going along the line handing out medals, surley whoever is last in line just misses out if there was a miscount, no reason why 3rd from last shouldn't get one.

It just doesn't look great but I'm not sure it's racism, incompetence my the medal person definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

The video is pretty damning.

The response from Gymnastics Ireland is very mealy mouthed however, I would love to know the details of "immediatly realised mistake and gave the medal before the child left field of play"
                                      It's pretty important does that mean pretty soon after the camera has stopped or does field of play mean the arena at some undetermined later time of the day. People do be at these things for hours and if the event was on early enough (likely given the age of kids) and wasn't given her medal until much later in the day, it's a very different outcome.
                                      Come on - there is clearly not somebody there thinking "I'm not giving a medal to the little black girl". There was a fairly obvious mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

I think the issue is, as you can clearly see in the video doing the rounds, that the girl in question was skipped over, 2 girls at the end of the line got their medals and she didn't get one.

As the person is going along the line handing out medals, surley whoever is last in line just misses out if there was a miscount, no reason why 3rd from last shouldn't get one.

It just doesn't look great but I'm not sure it's racism, incompetence my the medal person definitely.
                                        these are all amateur hour events. Been at so many of them in recent years. Its usually volunteers and they've no idea what they are at. At a guess it was an assumption that she was due a different class of medal. Or just a pure misunderstanding. But to go nuclear and assume it is racism is madness, and then to proceed with a year long complaint about it, and now an international celebrity outrage event over it, suggests theres something going on in the parents heads that has nothing at all to do with this actual event.

Comment

Like, we would have to have taken a leap into a dark and terrible place if our working assumption on seeing that video is that racism explains what a simple mistake better explains 99.9999999999999% of the time. What would we be assuming of the mindset of the person handing out medals? How often do medals get mistakenly handed out at kids events - all the time, I'd guess?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                            dobby

PP clearly fancying you to run a good race
                                            Lol. Yeah, a few mates sent that to me over the weekend. It's all nonsense sure, bit of craic. They have smidge at 80/1 too and the man has been crushing much higher stakes for years. Some cheek of them to put me up even tho I'm banned by PP all the same

Comment

Les opportunité est fuckin énorme

Comment

these are all amateur hour events. Been at so many of them in recent years. Its usually volunteers and they've no idea what they are at. At a guess it was an assumption that she was due a different class of medal. Or just a pure misunderstanding. But to go nuclear and assume it is racism is madness, and then to proceed with a year long complaint about it, and now an international celebrity outrage event over it, suggests theres something going on in the parents heads that has nothing at all to do with this actual event.
                                                Not Gymnastics but I've literally been at hundreds of these type of events. Amateur hour is 100% correct but the closed ranks reponse, the "to whom it may concern" one line apology and the general cack handedness of the organizing body is what has really escalated this. I can nearly guarantee the attitude of the reponse and manner in which it's dealt with is what has caused this to blow up beyond anything expected. Sports politics is fucking poisonous and I've seen firsthand the damage it can cause when ego and snobbery are let dictate procedure.
                                                I keep coming back to the field of play paragraph in the reponse. An actual explanation of that would go a long way to placating the mob.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                  Think someone here mentioned getting a prepaid sim for overseas travel? Any recommendations - going to Vietnam
                                                  When I was there, I got a Viettel prepaid sim, I can't remember if I got it at the airport or a shop. It was good, no complaints although I never left Saigon. I was there when covid started, so I started getting daily texts from the government (in Vietnamese) telling me the world was ending.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Lol. Yeah, a few mates sent that to me over the weekend. It's all nonsense sure, bit of craic. They have smidge at 80/1 too and the man has been crushing much higher stakes for years. Some cheek of them to put me up even tho I'm banned by PP all the same
                                                    Max stake of €3.75 on anyone, they aint going broke anyway. Sure its probably 1/3 that the winners not even priced up

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                      Maguire is a stone cold killer.
                                                      Man she is unbelievable in full flight. Was it 7 birdies in 15 holes on Saturday afternoon? Charlie Hull might as well have been her caddie for that session.

There's a couple of posters in the other place who always moan that she should smile more or looks grumpy. If anything I'd say never change Leona. You look over at her as an opponent and it must be like seeing Tiger when she has that sort of cadence. It's just utter 100% commitment to the job, full on intensity and grit manifested in her body language. Outdrive her by 20 yards and she stitches her hybrid inside your iron. It has to be so disheartening as an opponent to see it and then she starts draining everything. She's an incredible golfer in matchplay. A word of mention for Ciganda too, bualadh bos for the 4 point performance. The she closed it out and on home turf must have been so special

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Man she is unbelievable in full flight. Was it 7 birdies in 15 holes on Saturday afternoon? Charlie Hull might as well have been her caddie for that session.

There's a couple of posters in the other place who always moan that she should smile more or looks grumpy. If anything I'd say never change Leona. You look over at her as an opponent and it must be like seeing Tiger when she has that sort of cadence. It's just utter 100% commitment to the job, full on intensity and grit manifested in her body language. Outdrive her by 20 yards and she stitches her hybrid inside your iron. It has to be so disheartening as an opponent to see it and then she starts draining everything. She's an incredible golfer in matchplay. A word of mention for Ciganda too, bualadh bos for the 5 point performance. The she closed it out and on home turf must have been so special
                                                        She was doing plenty of smiling after she stuffed the yanks
                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Not Gymnastics but I've literally been at hundreds of these type of events. Amateur hour is 100% correct but the closed ranks reponse, the "to whom it may concern" one line apology and the general cack handedness of the organizing body is what has really escalated this. I can nearly guarantee the attitude of the reponse and manner in which it's dealt with is what has caused this to blow up beyond anything expected. Sports politics is fucking poisonous and I've seen firsthand the damage it can cause when ego and snobbery are let dictate procedure.
                                                          I keep coming back to the field of play paragraph in the reponse. An actual explanation of that would go a long way to placating the mob.

I feel there's some onus on the family themselves to not assume racism. Like, how did that even get into their heads as the most likely reason for a mistake that was quickly fixed?

Like, its such a massive claim, and it makes no sense. If the family kept it up for a year, as apparently they did, they presumably wanted all types of stuff - inquiries, official apologies for racism, whatever. Like, the organisation can't do that - and really they shouldn't do that.

Comment

To give an analogy - dice forgets to call on a black kid on his Saturday morning football match. The family approach him and call him racist. It then becomes an international event and everyone is talking about how sad it is that dice is a racist. I'm not sure the onus should be on Dice in that situation to prove he isn't racist. It should be perfectly fine for him to say - no, I just missed him, we'll play him extra next week, why would you even think its due to racism. Like it shouldn't need a year of contact by the family with the FAA. And really a family that would have a year of contact over that, we should be judging the family a fair bit.

Comment

To give an analogy - dice forgets to call on a black kid on his Saturday morning football match. The family approach him and call him racist. It then becomes an international event and everyone is talking about how sad it is that dice is a racist. I'm not sure the onus should be on Dice in that situation to prove he isn't racist. It should be perfectly fine for him to say - no, I just missed him, we'll play him extra next week, why would you even think its due to racism. Like it shouldn't need a year of contact by the family with the FAA. And really a family that would have a year of contact over that, we should be judging the family a fair bit.
                                                              Bad example.Dice doesnt allow black kids on his team .

Comment

Bad example.Dice doesnt allow black kids on his team .
                                                                No no no,

It's the yellow kids aren't allowed
                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

When it's part of your priors it's easy to come to that conclusion. And it's an outlet for all of the times when someone was racist.

I was on a bus recently. The was nearly full and the driver stopped the queue of people getting on. A black woman happened to be the person at the top of the queue at the time.

She erupted in anger. Accused him of being racist. "We know why you're not letting me on" etc etc. "Another example of Dublin bus racism."

Everybody came out the situation badly.

She refused to get off. He refused to drive with her on the bus. He didn't want to back down and admit his mistake. Even though someone managed to find her a seat. We were stuck in an enflamed situation for 10+mins until he reluctantly pulled off.

she continued to shout about getting retribution.

When new people got on they just saw a ranting raving lunatic. New people on the bus, with no context, started apologising to the driver, saying he shouldn't have to deal with people like that. It was quite a scene to witness.

Was he being racist? I've no idea. He probably should have just picked a different person to stop to avoid even the implication.

In the medal video it looks like the person got distracted. I think the possibility of someone being racist and petty enough to upset a child little that in full public view is pretty slim. It's impossible to know without mind reading.

In these situations people's priors and assumptions affect how the video is viewed far more than the actual actions captured.

​​​​​
                                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 25-09-23, 16:23.

Comment

That strikes me as a spot on analysis denny

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                      Today is a day for moving very slowly and not trying to make any decisions. Voice gone too for good measure.
                                                                      Mission Accomplished

Comment

Fintan with a top 10 chip stack with 50 left in the 530 WCOOP Sunday Million. I think its around 300k up top.

www.twitch.tv/easywithaces

Comment

Wow, there was a K,Q,2,X,2 board where the guy turned a flush. They both had pretty big chip stacks. The guy checked the flush on the river and Fintain decided to make a really thin value shove with AA after debating for a long while whether he should check behind. It was 2 million into 2.6m. Guy foldss the river, Pokerstars is also covering the event, and turns out he folded a flush!

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                            Fintan with a top 10 chip stack with 50 left in the 530 WCOOP Sunday Million. I think its around 300k up top.

www.twitch.tv/easywithaces
                                                                            I see Dan Wilson to his left too

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

I see Dan Wilson to his left too
                                                                              The guy who won the main event Espen this year is still in too.

Think I told this story here but he was on the Only Freinds Podcast where he said he lost 95% of his net worth in Luna. He was almost cash-broke when he showed up at the WSOP.

Found the quote -
                                                                              “At the time of this collapse I had over $1 million in this ecosystem, which was a pretty big chunk of my net worth—I ended up losing ~95% of it.”

Comment

Just watching back the SA game.

I think both teams would be absolutely convinced they would win a rematch!

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                  Les opportunité est fuckin énorme
                                                                                  LOpportunite-CEst-Fucking-Enorme-shirt.jpg
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Nadine Dorries 'performance' in Kuenssberg's series about the the demise of Johnson and Truss is something else.

The characters in Mick Herron's new novel seem a bit mundane when placed alongside the absolutely batshit crazy reality of the likes of Dorries!

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Have a friend plaguing me saying the boks try was forward. No way but can't convince him

Comment

Have a friend plaguing me saying the boks try was forward. No way but can't convince him
                                                                                        70DFFDC6-7E16-48B2-B95A-AED797B014B3.jpeg
                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Magnus Midtbo has a video on YouTube of him climbing with Alex Honnold of Free Solo fame. I found this almost more nerve racking to watch than Alex climbing because while Magnus is a world-class climber it is all indoor or harnessed climbing and he does no free soloing stuff.

He asks Alex who he normally does this climbing with these days and he says just himself as his partners have moved on from it or are dead!

Comment

Magnus Midtbo has a video on YouTube of him climbing with Alex Honnold of Free Solo fame. I found this almost more nerve racking to watch than Alex climbing because while Magnus is a world-class climber it is all indoor or harnessed climbing and he does no free soloing stuff.

He asks Alex who he normally does this climbing with these days and he says just himself as his partners have moved on from it or are dead!

i've watched that a couple of times since it came out as it's crazy. Also worth watching the video of him showing it to his girlfriend

Comment

I thought the free solo guy died in a climbing accident a year or so ago?

Comment

Ive no real fear of heights but thats next level . Crapped myself just watching that.

Comment

€18.50 for a basic lunch in Nandos. Need to stop leaving the house.

Comment

€18.50 for a basic lunch in Nandos. Need to stop leaving the house.
                                                                                                    First time I had it and maybe 10-12 years ago. I thought okay I get the hype, it's fine but overpriced. The second time maybe 7/8 years ago, I thought it was a rip off. Crap quality and smaller portions. I wouldn't go near the place. Better off getting an €8 chicken fillet roll.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

First time I had it and maybe 10-12 years ago. I thought okay I get the hype, it's fine but overpriced. The second time maybe 7/8 years ago, I thought it was a rip off. Crap quality and smaller portions. I wouldn't go near the place. Better off getting an €8 chicken fillet roll.

Comment

No, no, Fuck NO - You'd want a screw loose to be doing that shit!

Comment

Was in Mr. Fox at the weekend for Mrs Lao Lao's birthday.

Only slight sour note was that her fish course, skate, was badly undercooked, it was quite raw throughout to the point she could only eat a fraction of it whereas mine was cooked properly. She didn't want to make a fuss and just left it uneaten but I thought it a little odd that nothing was said when they collected the plate and there was clearly raw fish very visible on the plate. Yes, we should have said something but I would have expected them to comment on the fact that not only was almost the full plate of food returned uneaten but it was obvious that it was raw just by glancing at it.

Other than that, everything else (and there was a lot in the tasting menu) was excellent. Overall, skate aside, it was a very enjoyable dining experience.

Comment

I was in hawksmoor at the weekend. Just for the Sunday roast. Great experience, the people working there, particular the front of house barman, are all great. Every element of food was excellent.

I did feel that it was closely packed though. Fine for a sunday roast but if I was going higher end I'd feel let down.

I think one of the high points of somewhere like Shanahan's is just how spacious it is. It feels like you're being well looked after.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Only slight sour note was that her fish course, skate, was badly undercooked, it was quite raw throughout to the point she could only eat a fraction of it whereas mine was cooked properly. She didn't want to make a fuss and just left it uneaten but I thought it a little odd that nothing was said when they collected the plate and there was clearly raw fish very visible on the plate. Yes, we should have said something but I would have expected them to comment on the fact that not only was almost the full plate of food returned uneaten but it was obvious that it was raw just by glancing at it.

Other than that, everything else (and there was a lot in the tasting menu) was excellent. Overall, skate aside, it was a very enjoyable dining experience.
                                                                                                              lol how much did you pay for it and neither of ye had the balls to point out they tried to poison you?
                                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

8euro for a chicken fillet roll really hit home this morning.
                                                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                  8euro for a chicken fillet roll really hit home this morning.
                                                                                                                  Unless it was an artisan chicken fillet roll, that's about double the price you'd expect to pay in the likes of Spar, etc.

Comment

Ah lads there's a bit of hyperbole in that statement. It's normally €5-6 in the local applegreen but I've had some wretched efforts this year and abandoned ship entirely. I usually have lunch from leftovers or bulk meals so it's rare I even buy a sandwich. The standard of most petrol station type delis has gone downhill in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Was a at local hotel for an elderly relatives birthday lunch at the weekend. Lovely starter prawn/salmon terrine and the main was a pan fried chicken breast. So all very straightforward stuff except the chasseur sauce on the chicken. It was basically like a tube of tomato paste in that came from the microwave 30 seconds ago. Bizarre but I ate most of it (without the sauce) and didn't whinge. The last relative that complained is now the reknowned "food wanker" of the family and gets forever ribbed about it. So its starve, food poisoning or get the piss taken out of you for life. Know your lane and stay in it .

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

lol how much did you pay for it and neither of ye had the balls to point out they tried to poison you?
                                                                                                                        First up, nobody tried to poison us - Just a slight bit of hyperbole there on your part.

We were having a very nice time. The fish course was over half way into a tasting menu. Everything up to that point was flawless. One of the two fish plates went wrong. Everything after the fish course was flawless.

It was her birthday. She wanted to let it slide. I'm not going to be a cunt and ignore her wishes and wade in to be the big manly hero to save her.

I was surprised based on how good everything else was, including service, that nobody from the restaurant mentioned the issue.

End of story - There was no balls needed or required to eat dinner.

Bill was €304 rounded up to €350 with tip which included a pre dinner drink each at the bar, a bottle of wine, two glasses of wine, sparkling and still water, one coffee and two tasting menu's at €86 a head.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                          I was in hawksmoor at the weekend. Just for the Sunday roast. Great experience, the people working there, particular the front of house barman, are all great. Every element of food was excellent.

I did feel that it was closely packed though. Fine for a sunday roast but if I was going higher end I'd feel let down.

I think one of the high points of somewhere like Shanahan's is when the Duke picks up the bill
                                                                                                                          FYP

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X