This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Hope you got one, they are a very good band.
    Didn't find a taker. Was with 2 friends from Killarney so was grand. Just don't like seeing tickets go to waste. My 6th time seeing them and they never ever dissapoint.

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post

Am I the only person in the world that never had COVID ?
      This iteration of it seems much more benign, more like a heavy cold than the fucker that laid me out for a week in 2022.

Not surprising given the amount of small spaces I was crammed into over the weekend tbh
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

This iteration of it seems much more benign, more like a heavy cold than the fucker that laid me out for a week in 2022.

Not surprising given the amount of small spaces I was crammed into over the weekend tbh
        Ohhh Matron!
        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Can someone tell me what to bet on for the Rideher cup so I can feign interest?
          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

I use Pocket Casts.
            So this is subscription only if you want to use the web player, need an alternative to your alternative!

I'm going to be forced to use Spotify or Youtube Music now arent I?
            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

That American soldier kicked out of North Korea must have been batshiat crazy if even the North Koreans didn't want him. A bit of a bitter pill to swallow if you've any type of delusions of grandeur.
              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

I have white oak herringbone floors (I imagine laminate but don't know) and they are very nice to look at, but they also handled a flood from the ceiling above well with no damage at all (cleaned it up fairly fast). Seem pretty durable and well rated.

Edit, actually here is what the look like
                https://i.imgur.com/pryTTZq.jpg
                Thanks yeah, the wife mentioned wanting something like that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                  Can someone tell me what to bet on for the Rideher cup so I can feign interest?
                  Victor Holland top European points market@ 6.0 should play four out five matches at least.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

Can guide you on all flooring types but would lean towards the laminate or a new vinyl flooring we have in stock now
                    its fully waterproof and a nice array of colours
                    I will drop you a message and give u some extra details
                    best of luck with the new house
                    Thanks a mill, I'm leaning towards a higher spec laminate based on all the advice so far but send on anything you have, that would be great.
                    Cheers.

Comment

Meta Quest 3 just launched. Looks like a proper revolution.

Comment

Certainly not watching a 12 minute video but will take full credit if the red LEDs are now sufficiently bright.

Comment

Are people still pretending that VR headsets will be a proper thing that loads of people use in the coming years?

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                            Are people still pretending that VR headsets will be a proper thing that loads of people use in the coming years?
                            Gaming is a €250bn a year industry and likely to continue growing astronomically. The idea of people being able to convincingly inhabit their games will claim a huge part of that industry. And thats just for starters - then theres all the other use cases - the growth of virtual teams, as opposed to everyone in the office together, that type of thing. Immersive education and training. General entertainment. Whoever works out VR will absolutely control the world, as the world they create and gatekeep will end up being a huge part of everything.

Comment

reservation dogs season 3 is a slow burner but episode 8 is a thing of beauty (and ep 6 is glorious as well). It's not as funny as season 1 but it certainly delivers in small moments, and there are beautiful moments all the way through.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Gaming is a €250bn a year industry and likely to continue growing astronomically. The idea of people being able to convincingly inhabit their games will claim a huge part of that industry. And thats just for starters - then theres all the other use cases - the growth of virtual teams, as opposed to everyone in the office together, that type of thing. Immersive education and training. General entertainment. Whoever works out VR will absolutely control the world, as the world they create and gatekeep will end up being a huge part of everything.
                                We are also building 120000 units for the US military, AR but still.

Comment

There is lots of potential markets for it, but until it evolves significantly it's not going to be a mainstream thing. Virtual teams thing with everyone wearing a headset for hours is a pretty funny concept. Having them on for a meeting where you view an avatar of someone is not a valid use case imo. Until there is a way of meaningful tactile interaction with virtual things it's just a gimmick, and I'd imagine that type of evolution is way off.

Gaming is probably the most useful market at the moment, but again, without tactile interaction, it's still only going to be a gimmick or for niche uses.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

We are also building 120000 units for the US military, AR but still.
                                    AR has far more real world promise.

You'd swear I had any real world knowledge of these things, I don't, obviously, but I'd wager in 5 years time VR headsets won't be something owned by more than a relatively small amount of people. And no, I won't make an actual wager on it.

Comment

If it's ever mainstream it would be decades away for sure, it's not good enough.

Comment

The thing about VR gaming is that it's totally different experience than normal gaming. I've used VR headsets a few times, and the experience is so overwhelming and tiring it never even crossed my mind to want to do it again any time soon. I could see myself doing it once a blue moon as a fun experience, like how I would want to go go-karting or paintball every so often (actually, does anyone remember the board's poker paintball! we should do that again), whereas normal gaming you can do for hours on end.

I feel gaming might be like books, where technology doesn't necessarily improve the experience. Kindles are a tiny upgrade, but the basic experience hasn't changed for centuries, and that's for good reason. It's already been perfected. So, I could see VR gaming becoming a cool niche activity but not upending normal gaming. Not unless it changes dramatically.

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post

Victor Holland top European points market@ 6.0 should play four out five matches at least.
                                          A few score invested

Comment

There is lots of potential markets for it, but until it evolves significantly it's not going to be a mainstream thing. Virtual teams thing with everyone wearing a headset for hours is a pretty funny concept. Having them on for a meeting where you view an avatar of someone is not a valid use case imo. Until there is a way of meaningful tactile interaction with virtual things it's just a gimmick, and I'd imagine that type of evolution is way off.

Gaming is probably the most useful market at the moment, but again, without tactile interaction, it's still only going to be a gimmick or for niche uses.
                                            What you need sir is my patented ColleagueSlapoTron5000. First five slaps are free!

Comment

What you need sir is my patented ColleagueSlapoTron5000. First five slaps are free!
                                              Slapping colleagues at meetings is one of the main activities for sure.

Comment

we are a go for organic reconstruction. phase one in the coming weeks is the removal of all metal parts, then 2 weeks in a cast without a bone before the bio rebuild!

meeting him in a few days to discuss the whole thing. he was on a "course" this weekend to learn the process. Looks like i'm gonna be a guinea pig. Will be hard not to mention the pancake analogy, the first one is always a dud.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                  we are a go for organic reconstruction. phase one in the coming weeks is the removal of all metal parts, then 2 weeks in a cast without a bone before the bio rebuild!

meeting him in a few days to discuss the whole thing. he was on a "course" this weekend to learn the process. Looks like i'm gonna be a guinea pig. Will be hard not to mention the pancake analogy, the first one is always a dud.
                                                  We can rebuild him, we have the technology.

Comment

We can rebuild him, we have the technology.
                                                    Hopefully he wont run in slow motion afterwards . 6 million dollars down the drain. (Insert man utd recruitment jibe)

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

So this is subscription only if you want to use the web player, need an alternative to your alternative!

I'm going to be forced to use Spotify or Youtube Music now arent I?
                                                      Yeah never really understood the appeal of premium, I get the use case but essentially the app is completely free apart from two features which are desktop and cloud storage which seems a very niche market to be targeting premium toward.

Just seen this pop up on my yt feed while reading the VR conversation here, real avatars are coming to VR.

First Interview in the Metaverse

Last edited by Opr; 28-09-23, 18:53.

Comment

Holy cringefuck. The Ryder Cup opening ceremony. Just stop it. I am not sure what is a better alternative and I guess you need some sort of opening ceremony but that thing was so incredibly cringy for everyone involved.

Can we just get to the golf.
                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Ryder Cup gets me in full MysteryGuest mode. Worst sporting event ever conceived.

Comment

lol it gets Mystery guest in Mystery guest mode.
                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Golf is the upper-class equivalent of Darts, both mildly diverting but basically parlour games that should never be on TV or talked about in good company.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                From Society games where the crystal glass is handed out thanking the fking greenkeepers to the top PGA tour events . Golf has always been up its own hole.

However i love the game .

Money down its great

Comment

Trump is now favourite. By god.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                    Golf is the upper-class equivalent of Darts, both mildly diverting but basically parlour games that should never be on TV or talked about in good company.
                                                                    Oh don't worry, you'll likely change your tune in the next 10-15 years. It only takes one squishy 7iron and you'll be hooked.

Comment

Trump is now favourite. By god.
                                                                      Source?

Comment

Oh don't worry, you'll likely change your tune in the next 10-15 years. It only takes one squishy 7iron and you'll be hooked.
                                                                        Some guy told me to lead the turn with the right shoulder back. I tried it , hit a 5 iron 20 yards further than normal and lay down on the grass and masturbated for 10 minutes . Sliced the next effort but i put that down to dizziness from the orgasm.

Comment

Yeah never really understood the appeal of premium, I get the use case but essentially the app is completely free apart from two features which are desktop and cloud storage which seems a very niche market to be targeting premium toward.

Just seen this pop up on my yt feed while reading the VR conversation here, real avatars are coming to VR.

Finally a cure for bad breath.
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Seriously though, that's pretty fucking amazing.

Comment

I see 5star trying to move in on my Luddite anti- tech space
                                                                              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

I’ll almost be able to fully get behind them this year with poults and Garcia gone- just Hatton letting the side down
                                                                                Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Once they let you water board a photo realistic Zuckerberg I might hop on this train

Comment

Zuck better figure out how to add the whole body or else there'll be loads of lads wanking in meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                      reservation dogs season 3 is a slow burner but episode 8 is a thing of beauty (and ep 6 is glorious as well). It's not as funny as season 1 but it certainly delivers in small moments, and there are beautiful moments all the way through.
                                                                                      Great stuff, I'm only as far as S03E04 and looking forward to the rest.

There are a lot of familiar faces in this cop drama set on the Navajo reservation in the 80's

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Has anyone used or know about Raisin.ie?

Comment

There's more chance of 6-star pool taking a Robotaxi to see Death Grips play an acoustic set!

Comment

There's more chance of 6-star pool taking a Robotaxi to see Death Grips play an acoustic set!
                                                                                            lol. Just you wait. It's coming for you, you just don't know it yet.

Comment

Source?
                                                                                              Paddy Power

Comment

I genuinely pity any man who can't bring himself to enjoy golf. It's a brilliant social, and healthy, outlet. Four hour walk with your buddies, shooting the shit, getting the steps in, burning some cals. Couple beers in some jurisdictions too.

It is engaging through its difficulty. Probably the hardest game I've ever played. There is a great sense of achievement when you can hit it where you are aiming, most of the time. The learning curve is such that everyone can find improvement and get stoked on that.

It can be competitive at every level, the handicapping system means that a scratch player and a duffer can play a match and it is generally competitive.

It even appeals to your inner caveman, just smashing balls, feeling that compression and the pop off the face. Catharsis.

You can play it for life.

The up its own holeness is a thing, but thankfully thats lessening. Golf is growing. Mostly growing off course, places like TopGolf and 5IronGolf are bringing it to a much wider market.

It's coming for you HJ. It's even coming for Laz.

Comment

Paddy Power
                                                                                                  am still 60-70% convinced we're going to look back on this in wonder - that we let 10/1 odds on the second-fav for republican nominee slide by while the supposed fav was having names ripped off his buildings in new york, and under multiple criminal investigations. Its okay to say Trump isn't normal, and America isn't normal. But even by their standards, this is very very very un-normal. There's no chance he's getting back in, and the only question is how long he wants to wait to understand that.

Comment

am still 60-70% convinced we're going to look back on this in wonder - that we let 10/1 odds on the second-fav for republican nominee slide by while the supposed fav was having names ripped off his buildings in new york, and under multiple criminal investigations. Its okay to say Trump isn't normal, and America isn't normal. But even by their standards, this is very very very un-normal. There's no chance he's getting back in, and the only question is how long he wants to wait to understand that.
                                                                                                    I think you are right about him not getting back in, but picking from the chasing pack is quite difficult. Vivek will get the Trump crowd, DeSantis is a spent force unfortunately imo, Haley seems to be gaining some traction.

A good bellweather for the state of the right vote is r/conservative. Previously very Trump orientated, its been more and more diluted. You'll feel like an idiot reading it though.

Comment

Was golf obsessed about 10 years ago. Did my usual thing of pushing it as far as I can and then completely giving up. Broke 80 one day and no havent hit a ball in about 8 years. Will prob get back into it at some point.

Comment

I genuinely pity any man who can't bring himself to enjoy golf. It's a brilliant social, and healthy, outlet. Four hour walk with your buddies, shooting the shit, getting the steps in, burning some cals. Couple beers in some jurisdictions too.

It is engaging through its difficulty. Probably the hardest game I've ever played. There is a great sense of achievement when you can hit it where you are aiming, most of the time. The learning curve is such that everyone can find improvement and get stoked on that.

It can be competitive at every level, the handicapping system means that a scratch player and a duffer can play a match and it is generally competitive.

It even appeals to your inner caveman, just smashing balls, feeling that compression and the pop off the face. Catharsis.

You can play it for life.

The up its own holeness is a thing, but thankfully thats lessening. Golf is growing. Mostly growing off course, places like TopGolf and 5IronGolf are bringing it to a much wider market.

It's coming for you HJ. It's even coming for Laz.
                                                                                                        Haha, good stuff.

I used to eat sleep and drink the game about 15/20 years ago but like Zuut just completely gave up.

Still have all my clubs and gear so probably will one day get back into it.

Can't justify the time sink these days though.

Comment

I think you are right about him not getting back in, but picking from the chasing pack is quite difficult. Vivek will get the Trump crowd, DeSantis is a spent force unfortunately imo, Haley seems to be gaining some traction.

A good bellweather for the state of the right vote is r/conservative. Previously very Trump orientated, its been more and more diluted. You'll feel like an idiot reading it though.
                                                                                                          Why is it unfortunate that di santis is a spent force? There is no good option among the reps likely to get the nom in the unlikely event it's not Trump.

Comment

It is crazy crazy stuff no doubt.
                                                                                                            But his challengers are the level of ‘Donald Duck’ man so where are we going?
                                                                                                            His supporters are diseased, i have no better way of putting it. How can anyone not see that he has no interest in them whatsoever, that it’s all a charade?

Comment

Meta Quest 3 just launched. Looks like a proper revolution.

Positives, everything
                                                                                                              Negatives, there's not enough things to rave about.

Not exactly a weighted review imo.
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I used to look at that a fair bit as a "sane" alternative to the_donald to see how the wind is blowing.
                                                                                                                They've gone just as insane. The just moved over.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Trump should be like 1/3 for the presidency. Biden will be completely incapable of a long campaign. All Trump has to do is delay these prosecutions as long as possible and make them look as politically motivated as possible (which is trivial because they are).

258225.jpg
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

You and your levels Andy - nobodys falling for this one , not even Theresa.

Comment

US getting arse handed to them in Ryder Cup

Comment

I'll bite .

There is no doubt an element of that upper-class whiffyness in some circles and particular clubs. In the past my local club was known as "that kind of place" and you had to do a panel interview to get membership. That's long gone at this stage.

However, I can hand on heart say anyone can play the game down here and it is very accessible. I play with people from all walks of life. I'm most likely to play alongside a taxi driver, teacher, theatre nurse, warehouse operative or student. You're not standing alongside rich retirees, doctors and businessmen very often, so the demographic is much wider than you think.

To dismiss golf as a parlour game is quite cute actually. Trust me I was not sold on it being a game or pursuit that I'd enjoy at first. As Theresa said, when you flush one off the middle of the clubface for the first time, you'll be hooked and chasing that feeling forever.

Comment

Might have spoken too soon about Covid 3.0 being benign, completely wiped now. My family insistent on secluding me away.

Although woke up to discover the Ryder Cup is already over, so it's not all bad.
                                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X