This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    Why did we change from April-Mar fiscal year to Jan-Dec?
    Because the Brits did obv.

(and it makes more sense to align the calendar year with the fiscal)
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
      Do you automatically graduate to liking cricket when you reach a certain age? Far too boring for my liking. It would need to be combined with lots of alcohol and some punting to hold any interest for me tbh.

Not as bad as horse racing though. Jesus it seems like every half successful goober from outside of Dublin feels like they need to have; 1. A horse 2. Know someone with horses or 3. Have an avid interest in horse racing. Very tilting having to feign interest in that around the time of major festivals
      I thoroughly endorse this troll attempt.
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I don't think Irish people should criticise any sports given our national sport, GAA, is probably the worst sport in the history of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
          I don't think Irish people should criticise any sports given our national sport, GAA, is probably the worst sport in the history of the world.
          Now this has to be the winner of the worst troll effort ever??

Comment

hurling uber alles

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
              Now this has to be the winner of the worst troll effort ever??
              Hurling can be good played in a few places in the country and in kips like Kilkenny your shunned if you try and play anything else.
              Gaelic football is horrible too watch more cynical than most soccer games

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                hurling uber alles
                Hurling's ok, watchable enough, especially compared to GAA. But people who say it's "the best sport in the world" are lunatics. How can it be the best sport in the world,when it's played by less people than have managed Chelsea.

Comment

This time last year was sitting in the pub waiting on the budget to start. Work sucks monkey balls

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                      wtf with google maps giving directions as 'head Northwest'. How is anyone expected to know what northwest is? Is there a rule for understanding that?
                      north is always up. so if you want to walk northwest angle slightly to your right and walk up hill.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Just time to knock one out before they put a tax on it...
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

I've set up an IPB Budget Calculator below:

SPOILER

We're all fucked, lads.
                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

hi
                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Interesting that only protestants and finkel thanked this.

(old school trolling)
                                      What does that make me then

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                        hi
                                        Hi2u

Comment

Edit: ah see the thanks have now expanded to include dubs
                                          Jeez, so im now either a Prod, a Dub, or aquiring the traits of Finkle from living in his land too long.

Football is shite, Hurling is decent although the lack of proper competitveness at teh top level is hindering its progress amoung the lower ranked counties.
                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

At least one TD should have an "ah Heyor!!" soundboard to play after every cut Noonan announces.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                              Jeez, so im now either a Prod, a Dub, or aquiring the traits of Finkle from living in his land too long.
                                              This is gods own land

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                This is gods own land
                                                Which God tho?
                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Interesting that only protestants and finkel thanked this.

(old school trolling)
                                                  Edit: ah see the thanks have now expanded to include dubs
                                                  Apart from Finkel, that's a much better quality of people to be fair.

Comment

Better turn internet off, but: how is carbonara so consistently disappointing in restaurants. Such a brilliantly simple dish and yet so many restaurants turn out some dodgy version. Got to be the highest variance menu choice
                                                    Who orders carbonara in a restaurant? Second only to chicken breast in the boring stakes.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                      Who orders carbonara in a restaurant? Second only to chicken breast in the boring stakes.
                                                      Chickeny/Baconey creamy niceness?

If you hate veg as much as me its a perfect choice.
                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Chickeny/Baconey creamy niceness?

If you hate veg as much as me its a perfect choice.
                                                        Any tom dick or harry can cook a decent carbonara. When I go to a restaurant I want something I couldn't realistically have at home.

Comment

lol Lame attempts to boost the property market, it must be an Irish budget.

Lets try and go for bubble 2.0, what could possibly go wrong?

Comment

It's mad ted. They have the perfect opportunity to completely chance the culture of construction and property ownership for once and for all, yet foursome reason seem unwilling to do anything.

Comment

Any tom dick or harry can cook a decent carbonara. When I go to a restaurant I want something I couldn't realistically have at home.
                                                              Is your statement more indicative of your level of homecooking ability?

Oh right, I'd generally want to eat something i'd enjoy.
                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

€1 on a bottle of wine, where do they come up with this shit

Comment

Very lame, 4 years exemption from a property tax of 0.18% per annum is feck all, in the grand scheme of things. That won't incentivise many people to jump off the fence, not like the MIR ended did (another joke, the people who paniced drove the prices up on themselves, and will definitely, definitely end up paying out more in mortgage payments as a result than they would have saved getting MIR!).

Comment

These kind of comments tend to come from people who were not really able for sports in school and then for the rest of there life hold a grudge.
                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                      Pricks.

Comment

Pasta is wallpaper paste in a nicer shape TBH, only thing its good for is putting you in a carb-induced stupor.
                                                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Satnav has taken to the streets

Comment

Just as I've finally moved from cheap beer to the delights of bordeaux reds. Bastards, I hope eirigi storm the Dail.

Comment

Apart from Finkel, that's a much better quality of people to be fair.
                                                                              What are you implying

Comment

Is your statement more indicative of your level of homecooking ability?

Oh right, I'd generally want to eat something i'd enjoy.
                                                                                Not at all, when I go to a restaurant I like to try something which makes the most of the chefs ability.

Comment

Christ, they are actually going ahead with the Jan-June July-Dec 2013 Car Reg plate shit??

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                    These kind of comments tend to come from people who were not really able for sports in school and then for the rest of there life hold a grudge.
                                                                                    Nah we just played proper sports.

Comment

.10c on booze and cigs
                                                                                      PRSI starts on every penny you earn?
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                        .10c on booze and cigs
                                                                                        PRSI starts on every penny you earn?
                                                                                        Not sure if rates and bands are changing, but if not you'll be charged 4% on all your income once you earn over €352 a week.

In addition to that, it's now due on rental, deposit income etc for Class A as well as the self employed, which is fair.

Comment

ONE EURO ON A BOTTLE OF WINE WTF

WANKERS

Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Start drinking expensive wine and stick it to the man %-wise

Comment

Is the 10c on booze pubs too or just off licences?

Comment

Excise applies to pub sales too.
                                                                                                Though 10c on a €4.50 pint is obviously less of a hit percentage wise than 10c on an 80c can.

Bottle of spirits up around €2.50 I reckon, based on 18 units + the additional VAT.

Comment

He said 10c is on a pint and prorata thereafter, so probably will apply. Glad they ignored the vintners assoc. with their 'lid levy'

Comment

Just the pub by the looks of it:

excise duty on a pint of beer or cider will rise by 10 cent, on a standard measure of spirits by 10 cent and on a 75cl bottle of wine by €1.

Comment

pubs
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

that PRSI move is pretty horrible, really kicking anyone on very low income in the nuts

Comment

Maltese budget was more fun.

The maximum tax rate will go down from 35 per cent to 32 per cent for those on a single computation for up to E60,000.
                                                                                                          That's for the first year - for the second year the top income tax rate will go down to 29 per cent and drop further to 25 per cent in 2015.

More bad news for cigarette smokers: Duty on cigarettes will rise by six per cent - that means an increase in cigarette prices of between 20 and 30c per packet. (to around €4.50)

Comment

Property tax will be payable on the basis of the market value of the property as assessed by the owner.

Lol, worked well for Greece

Comment

cannot stand tomato, usually its the only other option in italian resturants. beside...its bacon egg and cheese, whats not to love

Comment

Extending the Film Relief to 2020 is good.

Comment

Not at all, when I go to a restaurant I like to try something which makes the most of the chefs ability.
                                                                                                                  Hmm, I can appreciate your point, however if the Chef's masterpiece is a concoction of salmon, asparagus spears on a bed of mushrooms I give him a clap but I'd still eat what my tastebuds prefer!
                                                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I reckon Baldy owns a booze shop in Newry

Comment

Hmm tough decision for the pub. Can't really absorb a 10c hike in the pint like we did last time so looks like the price will have to go up. Might raise it on Guinness and leave everything else alone

Comment

I didn't hear them say that the dole will be cut by 40%. Shame.

Comment

that PRSI move is pretty horrible, really kicking anyone on very low income in the nuts
                                                                                                                          'we must all share the pai.....'

Effective tax rates are miniscule for the low-paid here. Top rate taxpayers contribute nearly the full whack.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X