This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zod View Post
    feeling completely inept about all the suffering and hardship going on in our country at the moment. Home Help stories just topping it off.

Want to do something but no idea where to start.
    You could scrape the moss off my roof and then powerhose the drive for me..thanks
    This too shall pass.

Comment

Romping around topless in mid Sept. Found to be up the duff early Dec. Go figure.
      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

feeling completely inept about all the suffering and hardship going on in our country at the moment. Home Help stories just topping it off.

I know its not what you want to hear but relative to the rest of the world there really isn't what you could really call hardship in this country. Sure people are caught in all sorts of traps and its difficult but only relative to the spending at the top of the boom. Its as of nothing compared to the poverty and deprivation most of the generation born in the first half of the last century saw.
        I'm feeling the health cutbacks desperately as the morons in the health board try to shave pennies off home help and other things that could help keep the likes of my father at home knowing that the likes of me will do whatever we can to keep people at home. I've been looking for some relatively expensive medical equipment from them with a (pure bluff) threat that if we don't get one we'll have to go hospitalisation. They are totally willing to play chicken and if necessary spend tens of thousands to save a couple of thousand and overall its probably a +ev game for them.

But no matter how difficult it seems, look around the world at countries with greater resources than we have and see how little is available.
        If you want better healthcare pay more tax or move like lightning to universal insurance. If you want better Social welfare pay more tax. If you want better public services pay more tax. If you want the existing services run more efficiently then elect better politicians.

This has little or nothing at all to do with anything in the past except that we got used to levels of service and staffing that were paid for with monopoly money from the construction boom. The reality is that we have no choice but to live off the revenues we can generate.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          Form guide, Last years Noonan speech.
          The full text, as prepared in advance, of Michael Noonan’s Budget 2012 speech to the Dáil delivered this afternoon.

'IMF' at 10/1 would have been winner I think.
          ah that was then this is now and might be too negative to kick off with

quote;I am afraid the Fianna Fáil/Green Government gave the purse away again this time last year as fiscal autonomy was conceded to the IMF and the European authorities.

this is their puppy now,wouldn't rule out a dig at ff at some point not too sure if it will be at the start,sticking with bookies fav with Recovery @ 3/1 for my tenner,but will happy to concede if he calls Merkel an ould bag
          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
            Romping around topless in mid Sept. Found to be up the duff early Dec. Go figure.
            meh making mountains out of molehills i reckon
            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
              Well I think it's great they waited until being married before having sexual relations.

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                I know its not what you want to hear but relative to the rest of the world there really isn't what you could really call hardship in this country. Sure people are caught in all sorts of traps and its difficult but only relative to the spending at the top of the boom. Its as of nothing compared to the poverty and deprivation most of the generation born in the first half of the last century saw.
                I'm feeling the health cutbacks desperately as the morons in the health board try to shave pennies off home help and other things that could help keep the likes of my father at home knowing that the likes of me will do whatever we can to keep people at home. I've been looking for some relatively expensive medical equipment from them with a (pure bluff) threat that if we don't get one we'll have to go hospitalisation. They are totally willing to play chicken and if necessary spend tens of thousands to save a couple of thousand and overall its probably a +ev game for them.

But no matter how difficult it seems, look around the world at countries with greater resources than we have and see how little is available.
                If you want better healthcare pay more tax or move like lightning to universal insurance. If you want better Social welfare pay more tax. If you want better public services pay more tax. If you want the existing services run more efficiently then elect better politicians.

This has little or nothing at all to do with anything in the past except that we got used to levels of service and staffing that were paid for with monopoly money from the construction boom. The reality is that we have no choice but to live off the revenues we can generate.
                I was going to just post "Pay more tax" but Strewely beat me to it even if he had a long winded way of going about it.
                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  I know its not what you want to hear but relative to the rest of the world there really isn't what you could really call hardship in this country.
                  I know what you mean, I just want, and I don't care if it's selfish, to feel like I'm doing something more than "sure my taxes help this that and the other".
                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                    I was going to just post "Pay more tax" but Strewely beat me to it even if he had a long winded way of going about it.
                    I'd fucking love the oppertunity to earn more money so that I could pay more tax.

Comment

HBO have just run a great 4-part documentary series called Witness. It follows photojournalist around some of the most dangerous places in the world.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Let them eat cake

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane
                            Hmm pp took down all the bets I was interested in. I would have thought that there wasn't going to be an increase in CGT.
                            I'd have thought the opposite, CGT is a pretty easy target for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                              Let them eat cake
                              ROFLCOPTER.

Comment

airport, lol

Comment

DMX doing a christmas song

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I know what you mean, I just want, and I don't care if it's selfish, to feel like I'm doing something more than "sure my taxes help this that and the other".
                                    Then what AJ said re Simon and even if they are Catholics and in some communities can be a bit patronising, StVincent DePaul do more on the frontline than just about any other organisation out there.
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Whoever named this medical condition must have been taking the piss ?
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

spend more time with your grand parents. Help them out at home, bring them shopping, clean their place properly, make sure everything is safe and the place is not a death trap.

This will stop them hurting themselves\getting sick which is good for the health budget and also a nice thing to do on a personal note.

If they are the less wobbly type of grand parent just hang out with them and drink tea.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                          spend more time with your grand parents.
                                          none left.

Comment

andy carroll being accused of beating up a photographer on grafton st
                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                              HBO have just run a great 4-part documentary series called Witness. It follows photojournalist around some of the most dangerous places in the world.

Opr
                                              Have them downloaded & looking forward to them.

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                              Posted that on Facebook yesterday, DMX
                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

none left.
                                                Dig them up and make them tea.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                  andy carroll being accused of beating up a photographer on grafton st
                                                  You could say that photographer

SPOILER

Picked the wrong day to go Carroling.

YEAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Comment

none left.
                                                    Dont now if I would advise volunteering to help a random auld one. Big chance of getting a cat lady. Even if you get a normal one the kids will turn up and accuse you of trying to steal the inheritance or being a sicko perv.

Comment

You could say that photographer

SPOILER

Picked the wrong day to go Carroling.

YEAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Doesn't work at all, unless the photographer was singing on the street. 0/10.

Comment

Dont now if I would advise volunteering to help a random auld one. Big chance of getting a cat lady. Even if you get a normal one the kids will turn up and accuse you of trying to steal the inheritance or being a sicko perv.
                                                        I would say there's a pretty good chance of this actually. Sure did you read what he wrote there about digging up his grandparents. Guy's a menace if you ask me.

Comment

Raylan Givens is back and better than ever! Justified Season 4 premieres Tuesday January 8th on FX.Justified Season 4 Synopsis: Raylan will start to pick at ...

Comment

isn't Lottie doing some OAP helping these days?

Something about teaching oulfellas how to Facebook Stalk rings a bell.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                              isn't Lottie doing some old cunts helping these days?

Something about teaching oul cunts how to Facebook Stalk rings a bell.
                                                              fyp
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Dont now if I would advise volunteering to help a random auld one. Big chance of getting a cat lady. Even if you get a normal one the kids will turn up and accuse you of being a judge
                                                                fyp

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                    Its the moustaches / beards that elderly women tend to have that would be the most offputting in terms of volunteering to help them. Obv you're not realistically hoping to be assigned an absolute hottie 80-year-old to help out, but odds have got to be on getting a tash-lady
                                                                    Just dont kiss her, just do the riding...
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                        freeee paper baggggs!
                                                                        You are just being kinky now...weirdo !
                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                          Doesn't work at all, unless the photographer was singing on the street. 0/10.
                                                                          Carrolling- verb, to take photos of andy carroll.

your forgetting horatios power to create verbs
                                                                          Last edited by eamonhonda; 04-12-12, 15:15.
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Guy who was taking pictures of Carroll in temple bar is a known member of boards - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056823527

Opr

Comment

Guy who was taking pictures of Carroll in temple bar is a known member of boards - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056823527

Opr
                                                                              is everyone trolling on that thread?
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Opr
                                                                                Guy in the 2nd pic down here is Tony Byrne would be known to a few of the local Dublin regs, he is a doorman must ask him about it next time I see him.

Comment

Yer man PcPhoto was a right aggressive twat in a thread on the football forum a few months ago, threatening to sue someone who c&pasted a photo from google images.

Led to one of my favourite posts on soccer, post #43 in the thread.

So I'm on AndyCarrolls side in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                    Yer man PcPhoto was a right aggressive twat in a thread on the football forum a few months ago, threatening to sue someone who c&pasted a photo from google images.

Led to one of my favourite posts on soccer, post #43 in the thread.

So I'm on AndyCarrolls side in this one.
                                                                                    what an ass deserved a few digs
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                      Guy in the 2nd pic down here is Tony Byrne would be known to a few of the local Dublin regs, he is a doorman must ask him about it next time I see him.
                                                                                      He always has that scarf on too.

Comment

...

Comment

Bro is in much better shape today. Off the ventilator and asking for JD and weakly fist-pumping that Ballyhale lost. Still gonna be in ICU for at least 24 hours so not out of the woods but the smallest bit of respite at least.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                            Bro is in much better shape today. Off the ventilator and asking for JD and weakly fist-pumping that Ballyhale lost. Still gonna be in ICU for at least 24 hours so not out of the woods but the smallest bit of respite at least.
                                                                                            Great news

Comment

Thats great news, sooner he is sitting up and then walking you will see a vast improvement. The body does not like laying down for any period of time, especially the lungs.
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Good stuff Zuutroy hopefully the first day of many more good ones!

Comment

AJ bet me to it.

here's andy in happier times
                                                                                                  Last edited by DeadParrot; 04-12-12, 16:30.
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Good news there.
                                                                                                    Hope he continues on the upward slope.
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                      Did you pay ArmaniJeans for the privilege to copy his post?
                                                                                                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

CD & Guitar Tabs available at http://www.candyrat.com Also available on itunes, Apple music, Spotify, and amazon. Visit Ewan Dobson at http://www.facebook.co...
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Should prob remove the pics of Carroll assuming that that prick took them?

Comment

If Carroll did smack some guy taking a photo of him and harassing him, he's actually gone up in my estimation.

Find it hard to believe he didn't swing and miss though.

Comment

That pcphoto lad is a prize prick.

Carroll should have knocked him out.

Comment

Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

IS Boyles dropping connection constantly for anyone else ?
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Budget leaks are great.

It's hilarious to compare and contrast the budgeting process in any moderately well-managed corporation and that for the country.

PRSI allowance is a real kick in the bollix for low income earners. FG on the face of it seem to have won the argument.

Car tax measures seem daft.
                                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

It would be great if a few people could do this quick survey on Temple Bar: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7XRR2KZ

It's for a student friend of mine, it only takes a minute .

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                                        Should prob remove the pics of Carroll assuming that that prick took them?
                                                                                                                        If he makes us take it down we can always get Danny to replicate it with Rigger and a tea stained tablecloth.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                                          It would be great if a few people could do this quick survey on Temple Bar: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7XRR2KZ

It's for a student friend of mine, it only takes a minute .
                                                                                                                          done

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X