This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
    Say Superman and then tell them you go by the name of Zod on an Internet forum obv..
    Zod, being fromt he same planet and getting his powers in the same way as superman is also susceptable to kryptonite.
    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
      The thing I find ridiculous about it is that its reached the level of being a game of lies. 'We know that you're lying about all of the answers you're giving, but it makes us feel good to hear that people want to work hard, so we'll all keep up the charade and choose the most genuine of the liars'

What motivates you to get up and go to work?: The real answer for almost everyone is: money, staving off cabin fever/need for routine, sense of purpose, in descending order.

Why did you leave your last job?: Almost universally because they hated some/all aspects of it.

What are your weaknesses?: I hate getting up early, I surf the internet when I should be working sometimes, I have no patience for morons.

Why should we hire you?: An interview isn't going to be determinate as to whether any of the candidates here today will be better than others. Why not give us all a trial and vote one of us off the island every week until the best remains?

These are the 'true' answers to these questions, and just because somebody thinks this way doesn't make it any less likely that they'll do the job well than someone who knows how to play the game, but try saying the above when you're interviewed!
      To me it's like flying with Ryanair, you play their game so that you get the best result for yourself.
      Since when has honesty come into it? I'll gladly wear four coats walking onto a plane if it means that I don't have to pay the 40 quid it costs to put my baggage in the hold.

The way I see it, people who give the best answers, be they honest or not, in an interview should be held in the highest esteem, as it shows the interviewer that they know what is asked of them and how to handle a given situation.
      Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
        How are you at online scrabble.
        Pretty good but none of these fish will challenge me at words with friends!

Username: Pony104

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
          still havent received the redundancy call, been on to my mole to find out why...turns out they looked at my contract and im entitled to two months notice instead of one I wouldnt have been any the wiser!! Ship ship!

EDIT: Also, did an online interview today, fingers crossed on that one!
          Should come in handy with the new baby, well done

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
            Classic Rock fans. Openly weep.

Shop millions of Vintage, Classic & Contemporary Concert Posters, Photos, Retro Band and Rock T-Shirts, Live Music Streaming & Downloads, Vinyl

Amazing, just amazing.
            Needs more love, muchas gracias senor
            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post

Make me your Book Face friend and I will crush you too
              Typical game runs for 36 hours T&C's apply, the value of your self esteem may fall as well as rise
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I think I enjoy interviews precisely because they give me the opportunity to sharpen up my bull-shitting skills (plus everyone likes to talk about how great they are, right? ) - both sides are aware of the game and that makes it fun. Would hate to do it every day though, once every few years is enough!

Comment

I challenged you.

You should win easy.

Comment

http://mobro.co/zuroph
                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Can't see these superinjunctions really taking off in Ireland, considering the trouble that UCD student has been having trying take one out to stop them publishing his name and the story about him dodging a taxi fare. It's been on the news every hour stating his name and why he's trying to take out the super injunction. Probably would've been better off just leaving it.

Comment

I bit a chunk out of a live cow last week.

Do I win the dick measuring competition?
                        I spent most of my childhood in Asia, and I remember one day when we were travelling round Malaysia as we did when we had long weekends, holidays and ended up in a little market which my father had been told was a must see. From what i remember, people came here from far and wide for two things, one was for crocodile skin as just next to the main street there was a bridge overlooking a pond of some sort which was thriving with crocodiles. People would go on the bridge, bark orders at the handlers who would pull a crocodile out, which would be examined by the client, let go, etc until the client had found the animal with the pattern he/she wanted. At that stage, the crocodile would be dragged out, killed and skinned.
                        The second speciality was of a culinary variety. on each table there was a hole in the middle of the table. it's only later we realised what it was for when we heard screeching, and some guys carrying a monkey. They basically locked the monkey in a cage under the table and strapped his head so the top of the skull was visible through the hole. they then lobbed off the top as you would a boiled egg, and people shared and ate the live raw monkey brain with a spoon.

we left pretty upset (us kids) after having witnessed that.

To this day i can still hear the screeches (twas my silence of the lamb moment)

doesn't change the fact that raw meat (in all its forms) is still my favorite way to eat it.

Comment

That's very disturbing shrap.
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                            I spent most of my childhood in Asia, and I remember one day when we were travelling round Malaysia as we did when we had long weekends, holidays and ended up in a little market which my father had been told was a must see. From what i remember, people came here from far and wide for two things, one was for crocodile skin as just next to the main street there was a bridge overlooking a pond of some sort which was thriving with crocodiles. People would go on the bridge, bark orders at the handlers who would pull a crocodile out, which would be examined by the client, let go, etc until the client had found the animal with the pattern he/she wanted. At that stage, the crocodile would be dragged out, killed and skinned.
                            The second speciality was of a culinary variety. on each table there was a hole in the middle of the table. it's only later we realised what it was for when we heard screeching, and some guys carrying a monkey. They basically locked the monkey in a cage under the table and strapped his head so the top of the skull was visible through the hole. they then lobbed off the top as you would a boiled egg, and people shared and ate the live raw monkey brain with a spoon.

doesn't change the fact that raw meat (in all its forms) is still my favorite way to eat it.
                            The wife was telling me there is a dish in china you get and it's just raw steak no added flavor's or spice it is served with noddle's AFAIK, so on my next trip i will partake in this and then I shall have the largest penis of us all!! (As Sharpel didn't eat the monkey brian, he misses out, pussy children!!)

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                              That's very disturbing shrap.
                              My dad told me the same story about some place he visited in Thailand about fifteen years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                The wife was telling me there is a dish in china you get and it's just raw steak no added flavor's or spice it is served with noddle's AFAIK, so on my next trip i will partake in this and then I shall have the largest penis of us all!! (As Sharpel didn't eat the monkey brian, he misses out, pussy children!!)
                                it's cooks in the broth afaik
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Monkey brains on toast with a bit of ketchup is lovely.

Comment

it's cooks in the broth afaik

Wife was nearly sure it was literally just raw steak meat and noddles, although you could be right as she said she had it years ago when she was home for Chinese New Year! Therefore at the moment by my logic my wife has a bigger penis than me Hope no one googles my name

Comment

Going to l'ecrivain tonight. heard rave reviews here. Anything i have to try? i've plain enough tastes fwiw and def a 'steak, easy on the veg' type. herself is much more adventurous.

Comment

Challenge accepted!
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                          Going to l'ecrivain tonight. heard rave reviews here. Anything i have to try?
                                          Eating with a knife and fork will be adventurous enough for the likes of ye

Comment

Love when people on The Chase go for the lowest money available and get absolutely owned.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                              Love when people on The Chase go for the lowest money available and get absolutely owned.
                                              I like 'The Chase', but surely 'Pointless' is the only quiz of choice at this hour
                                              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

twisted and just fcking evil that.

Comment

The Darkest Hour is lolbad in the baddest of ways.
                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

is that that invisible alien move danny?

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                      Going to l'ecrivain tonight. heard rave reviews here. Anything i have to try? i've plain enough tastes fwiw and def a 'steak, easy on the veg' type. herself is much more adventurous.
                                                      Has to be Fetchez la Vache.
                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                        Can't see these superinjunctions really taking off in Ireland, considering the trouble that UCD student has been having trying take one out to stop them publishing his name and the story about him dodging a taxi fare. It's been on the news every hour stating his name and why he's trying to take out the super injunction. Probably would've been better off just leaving it.
                                                        It wasn't a superinjunction. It was a mandatory injunction preventing certain internet sites from allowing the video to be accessed either by their search engines or via their sites.
                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

He's in DCU. He's claiming he was in Japan at the time and has a pic of him with the ticket. Funny, my friend told me about the video Weeks ago, it's only because of the injunction that I and most people know the name. Whether or not it was him, it's been handled the most absurdly way possible. Surely should have learned the lesson from giggs.
                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 19-01-12, 18:08.

Comment

I really need to start lying on beds before accepting rooms, can feel every spring on this yoke.
                                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

turn off annoying music, but funny

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                  nice but fake

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                    nice but fake
                                                                    Really? How'd you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                      Really? How'd you know?
                                                                      the photos been around ages 1st time i've seen that vid but you need to look at the micheal long (green truck) going over it didn't happen the others did

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                        I like 'The Chase', but surely 'Pointless' is the only quiz of choice at this hour
                                                                        Nah much prefer The Chase myself. Never really got into Pointless altho its a decent show

Comment

looks obv fake at 1:00

the guy in the white wouldnt be standing that close with his back turned to it either

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                            Everything up the 1 min mark is real, the last truck going in is a fake.
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

19th January 2012,the day IPB turned on Nicnicnic.

Comment

19th January 2012,the day IPB turned on Nicnicnic.
                                                                                  Don't mind those conspiracy theorists Ickey - it's real if you believe its real. I choose to believe!

Comment

The theory is that this is how AIDS transferred from monkeys to humans. In the Congo afaik
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      Make me your Book Face friend and I will crush you too
                                                                                      Typical game runs for 36 hours T&C's apply, the value of your self esteem may fall as well as rise
                                                                                      Is that you playing me? I have two punters coming up as zynga 13449936?

Comment

is that that invisible alien move danny?
                                                                                        Aye that's the one.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                        He's in DCU. He's claiming he was in Japan at the time and has a pic of him with the ticket. Funny, my friend told me about the video Weeks ago, it's only because of the injunction that I and most people know the name. Whether or not it was him, it's been handled the most absurdly way possible. Surely should have learned the lesson from giggs.
                                                                                        Link to all this?

Comment

Has to be Fetchez la Vahe.
                                                                                          not a monty python fan (presume it'd be too dated to get into now) so stop making me google jokes!!

Comment

BBV help needed.
                                                                                            i bought a new laptop, it only has a hdmi output and my monitor has vga, usb, and another usb know as a type B. i thought it was just a matter of buying a cheap hdmi to vga cable, but now it turns out that there is a bit more to it and i need a converter box aswell which costs about €40. is there a cheaper way to connect to my monitor using the usb ports. not worried about hd quality pictures as i will be just using it for playing poker and web browsing.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

48

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                Would rather get asked the stupid old questions then the new trendy google and facebook nonsense.

On the other side of the HR q's yes they can be frustrating to have to answer but there are some reasons to use them even if that is not the same reason as many others do.

Why you want to work for a company is the most valid interview question of all so anyone who doesn't like his is a fool. Yes money is a motivator for nearly everyone but its the other answers that count.

For my type its so that when multiple offers come in I know what buttons to press to sell my job over the other one.

For the other side it is to judge what will keep hem working productively and if they are really just interested in a solid salary or if there is more too it. Some jobs require a journeyman and a real go getter will get frustrated others need someone with drive and a journeyman will get swamped.

Horses for courses but about the most important question you will answer. Comes in many guises but you will answer it at some stage.
                                                                                                With regards Google, the interview I done there was extremely tough but it was 99% technical questions and it was only fellow Engineers on the same team as the job I was applying for that interviewed me. The weirdest questions that I got asked and the one that stumped me the most was "What is the craziest thing you have ever done?" It's a tough question to answer as you don't really want to tell them the real craziest thing you ever done or you probably would never get the job. So to be fair to Google they never asked me any crazy stupid HR interview questions but then again it was for an Engineering role. I guess if you were going for other types of job you could well be asked some of the crazy questions that I googled before the interview.

As for Facebook I had a first round interview with them, but the job was about 10 years ahead of me so never even got past the first stage. Yet again though it was all technical questions and no HR nonsense either.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                  BBV help needed.
                                                                                                  i bought a new laptop, it only has a hdmi output and my monitor has vga, usb, and another usb know as a type B. i thought it was just a matter of buying a cheap hdmi to vga cable, but now it turns out that there is a bit more to it and i need a converter box aswell which costs about €40. is there a cheaper way to connect to my monitor using the usb ports. not worried about hd quality pictures as i will be just using it for playing poker and web browsing.
                                                                                                  HDMI to VGA cable simples like this ONE

I use HDMI to DVI and have no problems displaying my desktop on my tv.

Comment

Download video http://www.zshare.net/video/51879359d250a6d3/3 of 3 - The last of the baptazia series.MC IC3 praise`s it up @ Baptazia - Super Sundaywith DJ C...

Comment

never mind

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post

As for Facebook I had a first round interview with them, but the job was about 10 years ahead of me so never even got past the first stage. Yet again though it was all technical questions and no HR nonsense either.
                                                                                                        I thought you were into network comms hardware, or was it debvelopment? what sort of roles do either of them have that would have suited you?

Comment

Is that you playing me? I have two punters coming up as zynga 13449936?
                                                                                                          No I should be found as my real name, we should have loads of mutual friends.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                            HDMI to VGA cable simples like this ONE

I use HDMI to DVI and have no problems displaying my desktop on my tv.
                                                                                                            bought one, it dosn't work hdmi to dvi is ok as both are digital but vga is anoluge so it needs a converter box, or at least thats what my research says. just wondering is there a cheaper option to connect using usb before i splash out on the converter box.

fucking battlefied 3 costing me a small fortune
                                                                                                            game €29.99
                                                                                                            new laptop €866
                                                                                                            failed cable €7.00
                                                                                                            now i probably have to drop another €40 on a stupid converter box
                                                                                                            all so i can play a fucking game that a 6 year old child will probably kick the shit outta me in.
                                                                                                            now on top of all that battlelog won't let me log in

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Who's [at] Choke _ Doke on Twitter?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                I thought you were into network comms hardware, or was it debvelopment? what sort of roles do either of them have that would have suited you?
                                                                                                                Yeah, I'm working in mobile transmission planning and operations (for the likes of Vodafone, O2 etc). Google have a lot of jobs in network engineering jobs and design but they have being on a hiring freeze since the week after I done my on site interview so I still don't know if I got the job or not which is kinda annoying!!!
                                                                                                                Likewise Facebook were looking for network operations engineers but unfortunately where looking for very highly qualified people where as I would only be at the bottom of that field at the moment. Like accountancy, there is a load of Cisco exams that telecom engineers have to do and they were looking for the guys that had them all of which there are only about 20 people in the country!!! If I wasn't so lazy sometimes I would be trying to climb that ladder too, it's on my list of to do stuff though for this year!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                  Who's [at] Choke _ Doke on Twitter?
                                                                                                                  Funny twitter account actually, probably the same person that is copying John O Shea I would say

Comment

bought one, it dosn't work hdmi to dvi is ok as both are digital but vga is anoluge so it needs a converter box, or at least thats what my research says. just wondering is there a cheaper option to connect using usb before i splash out on the converter box.

game €29.99
                                                                                                                    new laptop €866
                                                                                                                    failed cable €7.00
                                                                                                                    all so i can play a fucking game that a 6 year old child will probably kick the shit outta me in.
                                                                                                                    Seems strange that it wouldn't work

Comment

Just back from seeing "Shame"

Easily one of the best films I have seen in the last 6 months.

Fantastic.

Comment

Excellent piece on SOPa and the position of musical artists

Metallica taught us the cost of being on the wrong side. The band’s still paying the price.You’ve got to be in bed with your fans. They’re lifers, they’re your family. The r…

Comment

game €29.99
                                                                                                                          new laptop €866
                                                                                                                          failed cable €7.00
                                                                                                                          If your going to spend €40 on a fecking converter, why not just spend €80 more and buy a modern monitor. If it doesn't have a HDMI or DVI connection it must be old enough, most monitors these days are dirt cheap from Amazon.co.uk or wherever. It sucks you can't get a simple cable to connect HDMI to VGA though.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X