let me see;
        [list of pitiful excuses]

so, 'no'
        Pffft, pussy
        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          My grandfather started a printing company back in the day, which my old man and the three brothers took over years ago. It's a good little business, but none of the cousins really seem all that interested in taking it over.

I could possibly see myself running it some day, and a lot of my thinking is that if they're managing to turn enough profit to keep the four of them happy, then just me on my own would probably be rolling in it!

Variables would be just stuff like how happy I end up being in Dublin, how my career gets going and if I eventually shack up with a girl whether or not she's be amenable to the idea.

The pub is my mom's venture. She just took it over a few months ago I think basically to have something to do. It's been going super-well for the first few months, but since the Rose of Tralee it's really quietened down.

That always happens in Tralee - people basically stay at home from the end of the festival till Halloween - but supposedly it's worse this year even compared to usual, and I think it's giving her second thoughts now.
          Stick to Coppers and there's a fair chance you'll end up with a girl whose home county isn't far from your own. Potential problem averted.
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            give them a bag and send them out to pick up lumps of coal off the road imo

Richie i know Often spent an saturday afternoon hunting and rummaging around looking for coal/berries/TV's whatever he could find in the house's he May or May not have broken into!!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              I'm from the Ballycullane massive.
              Better than being a scalder

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                Stick to Coppers and there's a fair chance you'll end up with a girl whose home county isn't far from your own. Potential problem averted.
                Dubs are better in bed though

Comment

Stick to Coppers and there's a fair chance you'll end up with a girl whose home county isn't far from your own. Potential problem averted. stick to JP somewhat sober and you'll be rolling in it as well other problem sorted
                  FYP

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                    Richie i know Often spent an saturday afternoon hunting and rummaging around looking for coal/berries/TV's whatever he could find in the house's he May or May not have broken into!!
                    I found an old photo of his Ma calling him for his dinner

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I found an old photo of his Ma calling him for his dinner
                      Jesus...God bless Bertie the Celtic tiger really did a job on rose Street

Comment

You won't have to worry about that, you'll be married.

Comment

right, time to close the doors on this office for good and go off and get locked

no reason to come into Dublin city centre anymore save for eating, drinking and gamblin'

Comment

Too small a sample size for analysis

I was lucky I married a Tralee woman, no need to argue about whether we'll go to her town or mine.

Love Tralee btw but not sure I could live there again after being in Dublin so long. Think I have the best of both worlds as it is.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                Too small a sample size for analysis

I was lucky I married a Tralee woman, no need to argue about whether we'll go to her town or mine.

Love Tralee btw but not sure I could live there again after being in Dublin so long. Think I have the best of both worlds as it is.
                                Don't tell anyone about my nefarious plans for the business!

Comment

looking for a recommendation BBV

want a hotel for a family break during the first week of Nov. (half-term), 2 adults, 2 small kids, 1 baby

absolute must-have: swimming pool suitable for kids

preferable: kids play area, within 2 hours of Dublin, either in or near a nice town

somewhere like Lyrath would be ideal but not there
                                  Stayed in Seafield last year - nice place and family friendly I think: http://www.seafieldhotel.com/

Comment

I just bought a telescope. What am I at.

Comment

SAM is on the way
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

wierd, workmates who are now officially redundant are working frenetically

Slieve Russel will do 3 nights in a family room with breakfast and dinner for 2 nights for €588

decent? have never been there

Comment

1/10. Perving.
                                          9/2. Interplanetary exploration.

Comment

Comment

Oooops!
                                              Shoulda talked to me and Eugene first, we have a friend coming home from England later this year and we are planning to chip in and buy a good one and site it at my place which is perfect because of the dark which will be quite a problem for you in the city.
                                              What did you get and how much did you spend?
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                Oooops!
                                                Shoulda talked to me and Eugene first, we have a friend coming home from England later this year and we are planning to chip in and buy a good one and site it at my place which is perfect because of the dark which will be quite a problem for you in the city.
                                                What did you get and how much did you spend?
                                                Hi, I'm considering getting a telescope for my 9 year old son for Christmas, but heard someone saying on the radio that the cheap telescopes that you can buy in the larger toy shops or shops such as Argos are a waste of time and money as you can't really see anything with them.

It's probably crap, I'm a ridiculously impulsive person at times. I suppose I could always renege.

Comment

WWN on the ball as usual

The Web server returned a HTTP 404 - Page not found error message. Please use the serach bar to find what you are looking for.

FAMILIES evicted from the Dale Farm Travellers’ site in Essex are said to be outraged at both the UK and Irish governments bid to send them to the student run housing estate of Templars Hall in Waterford City, a spokesman for the group said today.

John Anthony Reilly said there was no way in the world that the 86 families would agree to move to such an ‘abominable‘ location, and that the suggestion was both ‘ludicrous‘ and ‘degrading’ to the of the travelling people of the British Isles.

“Are you Kidding me boss? Templars fucking Hall? I’d rather grate me eyeballs and wash them with lime.”

Mr. Reilly also stated that by even suggesting such a move goes to show the ‘unsympathetic nature of the settled people living in the two nations’.

His comments came as WWN learned that the government has blocked attempts by the UN to help negotiate a deal between Travellers at the Dale Farm site and Basildon council, which is set to send the traveller clan back to Ireland.

An 11th-hour meeting, which tried to pitch the move to Templars Hall, was shortly cancelled after residents realised of the governments intentions.

A spokesman for the Basildon council said: “Well it was worth a shot. They obviously know the estate somehow and got wind of the situation there with the students.

“We thought it was a safe bet as its only a newly formed estate.”

“They’re cute hoors all the same. I’ll give them that.” he added

Police said they had received intelligence that protesters inside Dale Farm are willing to douse themselves in petrol and light it, rather than move to the troubled student based estate. Sources say the travellers are also even thinking of re-negotiating the terms with the council after news of the relocation plan.

An insider told WWN today: “Families are worried now for their own safety. We all know about that shithole in Waterford. No one wants to go there. Some of the families have already made their way back home to their own housing estates in Limerick.

“It is terribly sad and I am disappointed. I thought we might get one of them brand new Ghost estates in Leitrim or something.

“As for Templars Hall! YOU CAN GO FUCK YOURSELF BOSS! Not even we are that fucking crazy!” she added.

At the site several travellers had chained themselves to Police in a bold bid to get arrested so they wouldn’t have to leave the country. Some residents have already pleaded to ‘let them go in peace‘ and openly begged them not to relocate their kind to Waterford.

Mark Johnson, chairman for the Basildon council, said he fully supported his decision to threaten the traveller group with the move to Templars Hall.

“It was a last resort and I hope these people get the message.

“We mean business, and if that incorporates threats such as this, then so be it.”

Comment

Is the 'Save the Blaa' campaign just a September thing?
                                                    I think we've done our bit and it would be a mistake to carry it on into October.

Comment

SR booked, looks nice

even though they don't know it, those dudes getting made redundant today owe a few people on here quite a lot of thanks (and money) for their help in advising on the redundancy negotiations in here

so thanks to 5star, KevIRL and V for Vendetta (from people you don't know and probably never will ). The BBV wins again.

Comment

typical, no contact details, who was that guy?
                                                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

SR booked, looks nice

even though they don't know it, those dudes getting made redundant today owe a few people on here quite a lot of thanks (and money) for their help in advising on the redundancy negotiations in here

so thanks to 5star, KevIRL and V for Vendetta (from people you don't know and probably never will ). The BBV wins again.
                                                          Nice one. Glad it was of some help anyway.

Pity I couldnt be of any influence in helping the Mrs (and the rest of TalkTalk) get more out of the rat of a company but no joy. Looks like the burning we gave them during our redundo has thought the company some lessons

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                            typical, no contact details, who was that guy?
                                                            He should grow an awesome handle bar mustache, it would be a wonderful time for the country.

Comment

Serious slowroll there i googled this canadian coin i had from 1884 and clicked the first link

A blog to know the value, prices and worth of everyday money. Get quick responses about your coins or currency notes including history or values.

Still havent figured out if its worth anything
                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                WWN on the ball as usual

The Web server returned a HTTP 404 - Page not found error message. Please use the serach bar to find what you are looking for.

lol did i not say this last week, lol here's hoping pgodkin started an internet rumor!!!
                                                                Last edited by pgodkin; 30-09-11, 14:31.

Comment

Link to O'Gara interview?

Comment

FU Mr Hill, FU.

Hello Eoghan , thank you for your email. We have asked the District Manager responsible for our Bath Avenue branch to investigate your claim.She has spoken to the staff but in the circumstances feels the bet must be settled in accordance with our rules. So many matches theses days make betting in running markets available. In these situations a customer will be offered the full return at the price available at the time of bet acceptance if a winner so it would not be reasonable to treat a selection as a non runner were it to lose and the customer claim they did not realise the market was available. We do have mark sense coupons available for most games and they will confirm automatically at the time of bet acceptance the state of any match. In this instance you chose not to use one and in consequence in these circumstances we could never be sure if the customer was aware or unaware of the situation.Added to this we are informed you are not a regular in the branch so previous betting patterns could not be referred to. for guidance. In consequence we trust we have made our position clear on your bet and are sorry that on this occasion we are unable to assist you further

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                      Sunday game in the SE? We can have a trivia measuring contest. I'll even tell you where the word trivia comes from!

Im in. Oh Raoul I came 4th in the end. Sick enough. Some shady goings on in the Fitz after sleeping on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                        Im in. Oh Raoul I came 4th in the end. Sick enough. Some shady goings on in the Fitz after sleeping on it!
                                                                        details pls Rory. We were promised you'd be furnishing the details on the EOM thread

Comment

Details needed. May head in for the sunday game now that it seems I might have work for the next few months before Christmas. I may need the BBV wisdom on this front tho about tax/dole/invoicing but going to research myself 1st

Comment

Ever since I joined IPB I have never been able to view the upload clips or any of the pictures. I got all excited a few minitues ago as i could see all. I went back over a few posts jsut to make sure and what ya know i could see all.
                                                                            I then clicked to the main page and came back to the BBV and what ya know there all gone again.

Sick
                                                                            http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                              Details needed. May head in for the sunday game now that it seems I might have work for the next few months before Christmas. I may need the BBV wisdom on this front tho about tax/dole/invoicing but going to research myself 1st
                                                                              Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                              details pls Rory. We were promised you'd be furnishing the details on the EOM thread
                                                                              You know, I was sure I would post up in the rules section but everything was sorted in the end and I dont want to get anyone in trouble(more trouble). On the other hand I think players deserve to know. Bit unsure

Comment

FFS just tell us

Comment

Well Done on the score Rory, Rob came second, just on the strange going on's it's up to u but i would def post it even just to inform or get clarification on what happened the fact that what ever it was is sorted, people kind of know something went on and by not publishing it people will start to wonder which could harm people and fitz more!!

up to you though

also what did fouth pay? can't access website in work

Comment

On the other hand I think players deserve to know. Bit unsure
                                                                                    In the immortal words of Abraham Lincoln, 'its better to publish and regret than stay silent and never know'.

(Quote may be made up).

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggin&Zaggin View Post
                                                                                      Ever since I joined IPB I have never been able to view the upload clips or any of the pictures. I got all excited a few minitues ago as i could see all. I went back over a few posts jsut to make sure and what ya know i could see all.
                                                                                      I then clicked to the main page and came back to the BBV and what ya know there all gone again.

Sick
                                                                                      lol IPB rickrolled you!!!!

Comment

Comment

He looks like an older version of Howard Lederer

Comment

Went to see Drive yesterday before I met up with the lads for a few pints, what an absolutely incredible movie was glued to it kinda glad I didn't know too much about it and I skipped some of the posts that were doing reviews, if those of you who did one could you drop me a link so I can have a read now.

Ryan Gosling has got some acting chops

Shop Merch: http://store.kavinsky.comFrom "Nightcall EP" and "OutRun", available in vinyl: https://kavinsky.bandcamp.comListen to Kavinsky's album on YouTube...
                                                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

French come along to save the day, as per usual.

Comment

This is sweet for everyone no????? Rush poker back in a few weeks???

Comment

ok post up. I got 2550 Phil. 9700 for 1st. Sick exit aswell was comfortable 2nd in chips at the time.

Comment

ok post up. I got 2550 Phil. 9700 for 1st. Sick exit aswell was comfortable 2nd in chips at the time.
                                                                                                    Well Done anyway on the cash what was the exit hand??? I love to hear of other people's pain it make's me feel good about myself

also seen the other thread wow!! Obv don't name people well written glad to see it was resolved but i notice u mentioned acting TD, my read on your line is that u didn't think this person shouldn't be put in that position???

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                      FU Mr Hill, FU.

Hello Eoghan , thank you for your email. We have asked the District Manager responsible for our Bath Avenue branch to investigate your claim.She has spoken to the staff but in the circumstances feels the bet must be settled in accordance with our rules. So many matches theses days make betting in running markets available. In these situations a customer will be offered the full return at the price available at the time of bet acceptance if a winner so it would not be reasonable to treat a selection as a non runner were it to lose and the customer claim they did not realise the market was available. We do have mark sense coupons available for most games and they will confirm automatically at the time of bet acceptance the state of any match. In this instance you chose not to use one and in consequence in these circumstances we could never be sure if the customer was aware or unaware of the situation.Added to this we are informed you are not a regular in the branch so previous betting patterns could not be referred to. for guidance. In consequence we trust we have made our position clear on your bet and are sorry that on this occasion we are unable to assist you further
                                                                                                      Hmmm was just looking at their rules and they do seem to be covering themselves on this*. Wasn't aware of this rule and it seems to vary a bit with bookies. Still think you were hard done by as it was very clear from your bet that you didn't know the game had kicked off as you took the starting price from the coupon. Like the bit about you not being a regular customer and they dont have any previous patters is an utterly retarded point in relation to this particular circumstance. Porto had a man sent off by the time you struck the bet and would have been a much bigger price than 7/5 so why the fuck would you sell yourself short and not take the bigger price. Absolutely zero% chance you could be angleshooting or scamming here so I really don't know what they're getting at there. But meh they seem to have themselves covered, but as I said yesterday its pretty pathetic line for them to take here and you should make sure to bad mouth them as much as possible over this.

* 11. TIME OF ACCEPTANCE:

We produce an automated 'no more bets time' for all horse, greyhound and numbers events covered in our full service. Bets are valid if accepted up to this time. Except where prior authorisation is given, single bets accepted after the 'no more bets time' will be void. In multiple bets late selections will be treated as non runners. Where the official 'off' of a race or event is not announced bets are accepted up to the advertised start time. If betting in-play is available bets will stand and be settled at the current in-play price at the time the bet was struck. Where betting in-play is not available any bet that is inadvertently accepted after this time will be void, unless we are satisfied that the bet was placed before the actual start of the event, except in the following circumstances: on a golf event up to 15 minutes after the start time; a football match up to 15 minutes after the start time, provided there has been no goals scored or players sent off and any of the following sports events up to 5 minutes after the start time: American Football; Baseball; Basketball; Bowls; Cricket; Cycling; Darts; Gaelic Football/Hurling; Ice Hockey; Rugby; Snooker/Pool; Speedway; Tennis.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Community back on form this week

Comment

didnt want to derail ur thread out there but is there a thread on what happened to you in IPC. Sounds very interesting stuff.

I do recall 1 time a while back when every pub in the country had a game. Guy on my table takes a big hit b4 the break and i remember thinking hes a mad fcuk risking this. After the break he had as much if not more than b4 the break. I called the floor but as they had no idea about the chip count b4 the break nothing could be done. Alls that ends well thou I busted him later. Althou I didnt cash that nite I did feel a lot better for busting him.
                                                                                                          http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Full Tilt Poker and Groupe Bernard Tapie Sign Acquisition Agreement

Dublin, Ireland (September 30, 2011) Laurent Tapie, Managing Director of ‘Groupe Bernard Tapie’ announced today that the group has signed an exclusive agreement with the Board of Directors of Full Tilt Poker to acquire the company and all of its associated assets.

This agreement, which includes the repayment of Full Tilt Poker’s world-wide players in full, is subject to several conditions; the first of which is a favorable resolution with the United States Department of Justice. Discussions with the United States Department of Justice will begin immediately.

‘Groupe Bernard Tapie’ has over 30 years of experience in the salvation of financially distressed businesses, with over 40 companies acquired and managed to profitability, the most well-known being the sport equipment giant, Adidas."

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggin&Zaggin View Post
                                                                                                              didnt want to derail ur thread out there but is there a thread on what happened to you in IPC. Sounds very interesting stuff.

I do recall 1 time a while back when every pub in the country had a game. Guy on my table takes a big hit b4 the break and i remember thinking hes a mad fcuk risking this. After the break he had as much if not more than b4 the break. I called the floor but as they had no idea about the chip count b4 the break nothing could be done. Alls that ends well thou I busted him later. Althou I didnt cash that nite I did feel a lot better for busting him.
                                                                                                              Yeh there were threads on 2+2 bout it. Not really anything on here as they(boards.ie) were worried bout libel at teh time. Basically it was a 2k buy in 15k starting stack and a player and a dealer got together and introduced I think nearly 1mil extra chips were in play.(could be wrong but a massive amount).
                                                                                                              Also pretty sure there was a rigged hand and that has been confirmed to me by certain people but impossible to prove. ah well water under the bridge

Actually found it
                                                                                                              http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...nisers-378977/
                                                                                                              Last edited by Downtown; 30-09-11, 16:04.

Comment

[NSFW="Not safe for work or anywhere else...funny though"][/NSFW]
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Yeh there were threads on 2+2 bout it. Not really anything on here as they(boards.ie) were worried bout libel at teh time. Basically it was a 2k buy in 15k starting stack and a player and a dealer got together and introduced I think nearly 1mil extra chips were in play.(could be wrong but a massive amount).
                                                                                                                  Also pretty sure there was a rigged hand and that has been confirmed to me by certain people but impossible to prove. ah well water under the bridge

I think Fintan put €30k so that was 450k extra chips in the tournament.

Massive gesture by Fintan imo.
                                                                                                                  twitter
                                                                                                                  moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                    Guinness, Spaten, Budvar, Morgans, Flirtini (?), Mojitos, Champagne, ??.

Feel like I've been hit by a truck.
                                                                                                                    You are also forgetting the Artlantic's.
                                                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

If anyone has any knowledge on the following it'd be appreciated (also just writing it down to get it straight in my head)

Got the last of my redundancy money today and signed all the forms etc so my former employer can claim back some of the money and all that jazz. There is only 2 of them left now and one is getting married next week, so they want me to come in til end of Oct to cover his leave and it is also likely that if they get a tender in mid-Oct I'll be working up until Christmas.

So, as I understand it I can not be re-employed by the same company (if thats a word) due to being made redundant earlier this year, I think there is a 12 month time period for this. I've been asked to come back as kind of a 'consultant' and would have to invoice them at the end of the period to get paid. I have a few questions on this...
                                                                                                                      1. I am not set up as a business/company, can I invoice them without doing this, do I need to get a tax number?
                                                                                                                      2. If the subsequent 2 month contract arrives I will only get paid when the company does, it is work for some of the Local Authorities so should be paid on time, at start of January so will essentially be working but not paid for some time. Does anyone know what the situation would be with claiming the dole until then? I think I read before (trying to find now) details about getting back to emplyment and then declaring earnings at the end of the year and then this can be sorted with the welfare?
                                                                                                                      Cheers for any advice on above

Comment

If anyone's seen Tommy Wiseau's masterpiece "The Room", they've made an inspired point and click adventure flash game of it here - it's awesome! If you've not seen it then the true extent of it's genius will be totally lost on you, but it's an absolute must watch
                                                                                                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

New owners are keeping FTP brand and re-launching by Jan 2012.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X