Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should have a ban code of conduct in this place so we know how long we are going down when the hammer hits!

1 day = Mild abuse - single incident
    3 day = Constant goading/initiating riots
    7 day = ???

Siteban = Being a ginger tosser dealer with a Nordy accent

Comment

At the end of 2011 the continuity announcers on Channel 4 mispronounced The Simpsons as The Crimpsons, The Carltons, The Pimpsons ... and The Cheese and Onio...
      http://mobro.co/zuroph
      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

no need for any special ban procedure imho

"dont be an arse" / "stop being an arse" still works fine

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
            We should have a ban code of conduct in this place so we know how long we are going down when the hammer hits!

7 day = ???

No. Banhammer roulette is the fairest way. I'm a fan of the 3 day ban or else the permaban. Very few inbetweens with me, but Kev or whoever else might have a different set of standards.

Comment

7 day = ???

rules are for gimps Mrs F

the notion of Kev or Dom arbitrarily doling out bans based on notional whims, the fortunes of their football teams, the quality of their sex life, their poker results or any such serendipituous random factors is much more appealing

posibly even shaking a dice
              Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 20-01-12, 13:45. Reason: kayroo
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

7 day = ???

I don't like this idea, seems to formal the system is fine.
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

@ Gimmeabreak,

Is it something to do with the expected value that that possible liability generates?

Comment

Im kinda deflated with the whole NFL season at the moment - any team that I followed with real intent is now out of the competition and we dont get to see an epic GB v Saints conference playoff.

Started watching friday night lights though. Into season 2 now and its a pretty good show

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                      Im kinda deflated with the whole NFL season at the moment - any team that I followed with real intent is now out of the competition and we dont get to see an epic GB v Saints conference playoff.

Started watching friday night lights though. Into season 2 now and its a pretty good show
                      Feel the same bout the NFL, my hatred of the Giants is all that is left. If you find Season 2 dragging just push thru it cos it picks up again after that

Comment

is that the total amount minus 1 euro that Paddy Power will pay you out when you stick boyle's roll on that treble?
                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                          yes

edit - to help you i can tell you that the betfair acca price is 7.4/1
                          So regardless if it comes in or not, ye are only down ~20k ?
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

yes

edit - to help you i can tell you that the betfair acca price is 7.4/1
                            Haven't done the sums but the idea is that the expected cost to ye of this (not taking into account goodwill/new customers) is ~8k. Am I right?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Coolest business card ever
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

LOL
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                        Haven't done the sums but the idea is that the expected cost to ye of this (not taking into account goodwill/new customers) is ~8k. Am I right?
                                        is it not
                                        Expected Cost = [Payout at enhanced price - Payout at fair price] * Expectancy
                                        ?

SPOILER

Comment

who was it that was asking about where to donate their change jar? Did they ever do anything with it? Doing a final tally up on outbreaks take this weekend with Cliona Ring Foundation.
                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                            btw Noel would ye use neural networks in pricing odds or is it regression type models augmented by peer pricing? Just looking at some neural network papers on stock prices and playing around with the software; looks interesting enough despite the black hole nature of the modelling.
                                            we used to do quite a bit of this in an equities business but then discovered that the guy who was driving it was, quite literally, insane

only took us two years to notice

Comment

€6000(.0014) so I calculate it to be. €8k not a bad guess without a calculator imo

Comment

Related question, would ye hedge that?

edit: probably silly question of course you would

Comment

Comment

were they just dumping a load of data in the software and seeing what was spewed out? think its a fascinating idea - the whole finding patterns in chaos thing. Saw some simple enough modelling of Japanese stocks and looked interesting, but can imagine that traders are miles ahead of academia on this one!
                                                    I don't know what the hell this guy was doing tbh (I would tune out after about 2 seconds), he was like some kind of mad scientist who could talk a great game. Spent close on a million on hardware alone.

Comment

Q: within a 2/3 hour flight of here, what's my best bet for guaranteed sunshine in early April? family holiday.

went to Portugal last year so would prefer a new destination, would the med bits of France be warm at that time?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                          Q: within a 2/3 hour flight of here, what's my best bet for guaranteed sunshine in early April?
                                                          Declan Kidney's arse.

Comment

were they just dumping a load of data in the software and seeing what was spewed out? think its a fascinating idea - the whole finding patterns in chaos thing. Saw some simple enough modelling of Japanese stocks and looked interesting, but can imagine that traders are miles ahead of academia on this one! (even with batshiat insane traders doing the modelling)
                                                            Mick did you know a guy called Michael Bridges ex TCD? He did a phd in Cambridge and is involved with some other quant guys working in this area. They got some ex finance guy who is bored and living in the Bahamas to give them a shed load of money to develop a trading strategy on the back of it. Quite funny of you know the guy as money is most definitely not a motivator for him.
                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

I don't know what the hell this guy was doing tbh (I would tune out after about 2 seconds), he was like some kind of mad scientist who could talk a great game. Spent close on a million on hardware alone.
                                                                I saw a documentary about this guy

Comment

Can be hit and miss for france. Cyprus possibly? Or morocco?

Q: within a 2/3 hour flight of here, what's my best bet for guaranteed sunshine in early April? family holiday.

went to Portugal last year so would prefer a new destination, would the med bits of France be warm at that time?

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                    I saw a documentary about this guy

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0138704/
                                                                    not a million miles off!

the lesson I took from this episode is that you should never trust anyone who stays in higher education for longer than is necessary

sorry Hitch

Comment

Gimmebreak,
                                                                      The Boyles shop in Camden St used to dole out a couple of trays of cocktail sausages and wedges every lunchtime, but stopped about 12 months ago.

Was it a company policy to stop this sort of thing, or would the decision have been made by the manager?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                        Can be hit and miss for france. Cyprus possibly? Or morocco?
                                                                        Morocco could be interesting, how does one get there from Dublin?

Comment

Ryanair website openly mocking me due to antiquity of my web browser

crushed

Comment

re: megaupload

Black March is in effect
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Fly into Alicante and head south towards Torrevieja - Mojacar

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                Gimmebreak,
                                                                                The Boyles shop in Camden St used to dole out a couple of trays of cocktail sausages and wedges every lunchtime, but stopped about 12 months ago.

Was it a company policy to stop this sort of thing, or would the decision have been made by the manager?
                                                                                This is bringing on disturbing visions of AJ lurking in the shop every day, positioning himself at the exact point where he can beat the hordes of smelly degens to the tray of greasy goodness and secure a free lunch on the back of Gimmeabreak's honest toil, all the while wearing a knowing smirk.

say it is so AJ

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                    Fly into Alicante and head south towards Torrevieja - Mojacar
                                                                                    there will be no transfers with 3 small kids in tow

Comment

Funny fact
                                                                                      The CEO of Megaupload has been confirmed as American rapper, DJ and record producer for artists like Busta Rhymes, Alicia Keys, Beyonce and DMX... Swizz Beatz.

oh and he's married to Alicia Keys

Comment

not a million miles off!

the lesson I took from this episode is that you should never trust anyone who stays in higher education for longer than is necessary

sorry Hitch
                                                                                        Bleh, I was thinking Dr Denny Crane had a nice ring to it.

Comment

...

Comment

Did you actually think I was serious? like the fact I mention a ginger tosser didn't let on I was jesting!

Comment

to be fair, whatever about RS,they're quick to take down links, and are probably operating a little more within the law with automated scanning technology trying to find copyright material. Megaupload though, they were just taking the piss with their streaming service. it was blatant what they expected that to be used for.
                                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Morocco could be interesting, how does one get there from Dublin?
                                                                                                there will be no transfers with 3 small kids in tow
                                                                                                not looking good without a transfer. unless you have a day/night stop in paris (eurodisney??)

Comment

This is bringing on disturbing visions of AJ lurking in the shop every day, positioning himself at the exact point where he can beat the hordes of smelly degens to the tray of greasy goodness and secure a free lunch on the back of Gimmeabreak's honest toil, all the while wearing a knowing smirk.

say it is so AJ
                                                                                                  I wouldn't say I specifically went out of the way to get free food, but if a horse was 4/1 in both Boyles and the Laddies 10 doors down then the cocktail sausages were the clincher.

And there would definitely be some Roundersesque positioning in the 2 minutes before the trays arrived as one tray would be plonked at each table so it was important to be at the table with fewer people who looked like potential grabbers. Moving from one table to another was generally frowned upon so it was important to be in the right place initially. Otherwise you'd have to do a fake 'walk past table, stop, pick up pen and bettingslip, suddenly notice theres more food here as well' manouevre.

Comment

yeah, remember him vaguely. Was he sporting a goatee or some form of facial hair back in the day? that Bahamas guy could have been the same guy who funded my postdoc - wanted me to use biological predator-prey models to predict takeovers. Was a bit strange!
                                                                                                    Lol. No that guy seriously out did himself and scored an Asian hottie and went traveling the world and smoking dope. Bridges is more of a Sheldon Big Bang Theory type of guy.
                                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                      Funny fact
                                                                                                      The CEO of Megaupload has been confirmed as American rapper, DJ and record producer for artists like Busta Rhymes, Alicia Keys, Beyonce and DMX... Swizz Beatz.

About time he suffered for this:

I couldn't find this anywhere so I put one up myself. We Did it Again from the Biker Boys soundtrack, by Metallica Swiss Beats and Ja Rule

Comment

Whatever about SOPA, I can't see the outrage for the shutting down of Megavideo. It was completely illegal and just total piracy. The current age of the internet is coming to an end, one way or another, this ability to get whatever we want whenever we want for free simply will not last forever and frankly it's hard to take a moral stance against the abolishment of total piracy, even though I avail of it alot. It sucks that they shut it down, but I really can't complain too much about it.

I think sites like Netflix (assuming you're getting access to the US site ) are a perfect meeting half way kind of thing and hopefully the ultimate result of all of this is something like that, paying a small monthly subscription fee in return for unlimited instant streaming of the best quality, latest releases. The Netflix library isn't exactly complete by any means ofc, but it's a good base point for this. I think piracy has/will help rush in these things and ultimately will be good for the consumer as companies are now forced to adopt to the current technology and the markets have changed which has brought price down, but it cannot and will not last forever in it's current form.

There'll probably be some form of piracy around in some way shape or form, but far more limited, and I think we'll be looking back on this era fondly very soon.
                                                                                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Nearly up to date with Breaking Bad. Really enjoying it, Jesse has become a great character and Saul is the nuts. Gus and Mike great characters too. I loved the 1st season at the time but it really evolves into a great show.

Comment

I made an appointment for a reiki session yesterday.

To the very best of my knowledge it's a load of b*llocks. But two friends (both psychotherapy people who aren't droolers) had it in the past year and enjoyed it. And the woman I rent a therapy room from offers it.

Has anyone had it done? Now reading about it there are obviously many aspects of it which are indisputably utterly retarded - like level 2 reiki training teaches you how to do it remotely i.e. send healing energy to someone in another place. Lol.

But the central treatment seems to be some manner of putting hands on different parts of your body for an hour. I can conceive how this might be beneficial in the context of a relaxing setting and relaxing music.

Actually, out of interest, and without it being followed up with an avalanche of evidence based analysis what alternative or complimentary type treatments have people had in the past and what was their experience of them like? Not a great population to be asking, but I would like to know.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                              Funny fact

ha ha that is fucking hilarious, Deny Crane is right tho he used to have some good stuff about 15 years ago but is a non event now. He did have this banger tho

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                                Whatever about SOPA, I can't see the outrage for the shutting down of Megavideo. It was completely illegal and just total piracy. The current age of the internet is coming to an end, one way or another, this ability to get whatever we want whenever we want for free simply will not last forever and frankly it's hard to take a moral stance against the abolishment of total piracy, even though I avail of it alot. It sucks that they shut it down, but I really can't complain too much about it.
                                                                                                                Yeah I like my free stuff as much as the next person but I had to lol at the vitriol and sense of entitlement on fb about this.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                  not looking good without a transfer. unless you have a day/night stop in paris (eurodisney??)
                                                                                                                  I have sworn an oath of things never to do on holiday:

go to Disneyland (Euro or otherwise) is top of the list. I can see extreme pressure being applied in the years ahead though.

Comment

I cant see that enhanced special online or on the phone is it shop only ? Forgive me if i missed something basic as was just browsing the thread.
                                                                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Canaries ftw surely?

Comment

in English, please.
                                                                                                                        Hand me the keys you fcukin c**ksucker,what the fcuk?
                                                                                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Swizz Beatz did provide the soundtrack to one of the best youtube clips ever.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X