X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
    Did you at least splash on his shoes?

A chance to piss on Bono should never be wasted
    No, I pissed beside Larry Mullen in a niteclub in Howth, met Bono in a niteclub in Dun Laoighaire.

I was bollixed after that swim

*just copped you were talking to the Dook
    Last edited by Lazare; 24-06-11, 21:39.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
      It's on Setanta Ireland.
      i ain't paying for that shit either

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Also, it's quite interesting that it's only Irish people that hate Bono

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Bad as fawlty towers was I know that it was better than looking at that twat.
          When is Paul Simon on? hopefully tomorrow, saw him in vicar street the other night and with the band he has he will blow them away.
          Look out for the Solsjker lookalike guitarist with the long hair.
          what's that Fawlty? bad business eh....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeJ3OwLN1mQ
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

where is emmet when you need him?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              Its really not, pretty much every person i've ever met and made friends with at a UK festival is in agreement. And south Park made an entire episode based on it.

jerusalem aside, eyes closed, or not looking at the tv, its an alright gig. he just needs to relax a bit, the lying on the floor "kicking" the guitar was a particular low point for him.
              http://mobro.co/zuroph
              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Roll up roll up

Bumping the new WW XIIXII game with a difference. You can indulge in your fantasy of playing without others knowing you are.

Comment

here we go

Comment

I refer you to his quote about the mannon the hill on Oprah

Comment

Oh for f*cks sake........

Comment

No, I pissed beside Larry Mullen in a niteclub in Howth, met Bono in a niteclub in Dun Laoighaire.

I was bollixed after that swim

*just copped you were talking to the Dook
                        I had a very witty reply typed up but at the last minute realised that Larry Mullen and Larry Murphy aren't the same person.

Comment

ahahaha. Perhaps he's the worlds greatest level. I bet he steals cats in his spare time.
                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                            I had a very witty reply typed up but at the last minute realised that Larry Mullen and Larry Murphy aren't the same person.
                            Have they ever been seen in the same place at the same time?

Comment

anyone for a home game on stars?

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                i ain't paying for that shit either
                                It's a free channel on UPC up here in the big smoke.

Comment

Seriously zuroph WTF? It's just class

Comment

First Clunker, Hate this song, a mole digging in a hole fk off

Comment

wife has switched over to Graham Norton

can you tell a 40-week pregnant woman to GTFO?

what is the etiquette here??
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                        Seriously zuroph WTF? It's just class
                                        as I said, its a good gig, if Im not looking at him. the international space station stuff, again, trying too hard. Just play some rock n roll!
                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Yeah Mike, get over it ffs, this is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                            as I said, its a good gig, if Im not looking at him. the international space station stuff, again, trying too hard. Just play some rock n roll!
                                            Name me a legendary front man who's not 'larger than life'!

Comment

Its really not, pretty much every person i've ever met and made friends with at a UK festival is in agreement. And south Park made an entire episode based on it.

jerusalem aside, eyes closed, or not looking at the tv, its an alright gig. he just needs to relax a bit, the lying on the floor "kicking" the guitar was a particular low point for him.
                                              That bull / devil Bono attacking The Edge and being defeated (by love - that song is about Judas, betrayal, and love) is something that was on one of their live DVDs, maybe Boston. It was done a lot better there and I have always thought that it was a great piece of theatre to end that song. Kind of butchered tonight though. Didn't help that Bono's voice is so bad that it stripped some of the pathos from the song.

Comment

oh I'm over it. I've seen u2 perform better though. maybe they're nervous, or maybe the rain is getting to them.
                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Not missing too much right now RD, their rolling out the filler from the last album here before the Grandstand finish. Sexy Boots GTFO

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

would be fairly standard i would assume

Comment

I think GTFO is appropriate.

But you have to say it exactly like it is.. 'G, T, F O'. Her hormonal enhanced confusion should enable you to steer her to the bedroom tv set

Comment

Name me a legendary front man who's not 'larger than life'!
                                                        Dave Grohl for one. Hero.

Josh Homme springs to mind too, his arrogance on stage is quite subdued, bar one rage moment wit a bottle.

I've seen the other end of the spectrum, and been to a Marilyn Manson gig at Reading Fest, over the top theatrics that was one of the greatest shows I've ever seen, and I wouldnt usually be a fan.
                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

oh I'm over it. I've seen u2 perform better though. maybe they're nervous, or maybe the rain is getting to them.
                                                          I think the rain is adding tremendously to the awesomeness

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                            Anybody here see Barney's Version? Just finished watching it there nice little movie enjoyed it very much.
                                                            Great film and Giamatti is excellent in it.

Comment

I think the rain is adding tremendously to the awesomeness
                                                              i think you're trying too hard.
                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

I think you're trying too hard to hate

Comment

So sad to hear Peter Falk died, would of loved to see him make detective series with Monk
                                                                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                  http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

lol Manson is the definition of larger than life! Seriously U2 are such a credit to the country and if Bono lives on anothe plane of existence then so be it.

Comment

I must have missed the news congrats, is this the 3rd or 4th?

Comment

Back on BBC2 now for anyone without SetantaIrl, half a song behind.

Comment

Lazare if only you didn't smoke you'd be great

Comment

Bad is such a live classic.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                              Back on BBC2 now for anyone without SetantaIrl, half a song behind.
                                                                              Good they've gotten the recent shite out of the way

Comment

lol Manson is the definition of larger than life! Seriously U2 are such a credit to the country and if Bono lives on anothe plane of existence then so be it.
                                                                                yeah manson was so far over the top, but an amazing spectacle. final song had him on 20 foot high stilts speaking from a pulpit in the style of a nazi rally, flopping about as if he was a puppet. utterly bizarre but magnificent.

I just think its a shame that the rest of the band look a bit bored to be there. Its great to see an Irish band come good. but its ok to hate a front man and still like the band. I just wonder if they'd produce better stuff if Bono climbed down for a while, its been too long since they came out with a belter.
                                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Absolutely not ................ but if she's watching Graham Norton it's an implied licence to play on-line poker with one of your better bottles of Red.
                                                                                  One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

yeah manson was so far over the top, but an amazing spectacle. final song had him on 20 foot high stilts speaking from a pulpit in the style of a nazi rally, flopping about as if he was a puppet. utterly bizarre but magnificent.

I just think its a shame that the rest of the band look a bit bored to be there. Its great to see an Irish band come good. but its ok to hate a front man and still like the band. I just wonder if they'd produce better stuff if Bono climbed down for a while, its been too long since they came out with a belter.
                                                                                    Well everything I've heard from the decision making at studio time is that it's an equal operation.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                      Good they've gotten the recent shite out of the way
                                                                                      Karoake is Spain recently, my mate gets up to sing. Compere says 'and this is XXX from Ireland who is going to sing U2...' (and I think to myself at least this might be decent enough, decent songs to choose from) '....he is going to sing Get On Your Boots'.

Like WTF, theres 30 decent songs to pick one, what sort of mentalist do you have to be to pick that?

Comment

No magnificent. Disaster!

Comment

If you enjoy living you just smile and hand back the controls. You must remember what 40w hormones are like?

I can not tell you myself as never got that far any time

Comment

Originally posted by flahavaj View Post
                                                                                            I never played a game of poker in my life but I was told this place was good craic, so don't let me down lads.
                                                                                            Feck off
                                                                                            Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                            I think its best I stay away for a while.
                                                                                            Don't!
                                                                                            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                            Oh, and welcome Flahavaj, good to have some new blood from boards.

Bring Boggles over if you can, we need a death match between him and CHD.
                                                                                            Boggles was defeated. CHD - Boggles slayer, doing what Liverpool fans could never achieve, alot like their football team and winning the league.

Comment

Overheating amp setting fire to the Union jack, one time dealer.

Comment

I can't stand bono, and it's not "begrudgery", it's he's a moany po-faced charity-industrialist who fucking rams his do-goodier than thou attitude into every fucking avenue he can. If the entire Irish music press weren't licking his hole for the last 25 years perhaps he wouldn't get the fucking sainthood treatment he thinks he's deserving of.
                                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

what was that? as the voice went, was someone attackign him with a flag? he had an angry snap at someone?
                                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

If it your child then No. If it's not, then Yes

Comment

also one of the cats has just peed where he shouldn't and I'm blaming that cunt bono.

on another note: Liam Neeson in Taken punishes.
                                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                        Boggles was defeated. CHD - Boggles slayer, doing what Liverpool fans could never achieve, alot like their football team and winning the league.
                                                                                                        Yeah it was death match and you won. Awesome post btw.

+1 on MSN, she shouldn't stay away.
                                                                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                          I can't stand bono, and it's not "begrudgery", it's he's a moany po-faced charity-industrialist who fucking rams his do-goodier than thou attitude into every fucking avenue he can. If the entire Irish music press weren't licking his hole for the last 25 years perhaps he wouldn't get the fucking sainthood treatment he thinks he's deserving of.
                                                                                                          Does he even donate money himself? Should donate some of that tax money he saves.

I heard once he charity organization makes a profit and he charges rich people like $1k for something that costs a fraction of that to be sent to Africa. Like when concern get people to buy goats or a water pump.

Comment

...
                                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Does he even donate money himself? Should donate some of that tax money he saves.

I heard once he charity organization makes a profit and he charges rich people like $1k for something that costs a fraction of that to be sent to Africa. Like when concern get people to buy goats or a water pump.
                                                                                                              His "charity" One is not a charity, it is a lobbying organisation. One of us should do a millionth of the good that guy has done in the world.

Comment

Eccentric heroes IMO, with just epic music. Everything that the majority of god fearing, success fearing majority of Ireland isnt

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                    His "charity" One is not a charity, it is a lobbying organisation. One of us should do a millionth of the good that guy has done in the world.
                                                                                                                    Maybe he should stop trying to preach and do a little more since it wouldn't be that much harder for him.

Comment

Feck off

Don't!

The bauld CHD, SR-lover and Chelsea super-fan. The Chelsea thread is bland and listless without you.

Comment

Maybe he should stop trying to preach and do a little more since it wouldn't be that much harder for him.
                                                                                                                        Bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                          Just back from Killarney - they really know their food down there!
                                                                                                                          Just in time for the new ww game. go have a read - game with a difference!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X