This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
    It first occurred to me about 2 months ago when I read that one of my favourite psychologists Marty Seligman had been doing this because it's what's recommended for good health (he went up to 14k because he needed to lose weight).

I don't get enough exercise. I play no sports, I've never been in a gym, I can't seem to maintain any enthusiasm for jogging (although I still hope to), don't cycle, don't swim, and I sit for almost all of my day. I am willing to walk though. I walked 9km around dinnertime (possibly a record). I always feel better after walking or exercise so I want to move more.

A goal of the recommended 10k steps over a day seems worthwhile.
    Thanks for that. I am the type that blows up weight wise if I'm not doing any training. I've had a lot of problems with injuries over the last couple of years. I never walked or even thought about it until very recently. I'd go for a run as soon as I was healthy but its got to the stage where if I do anymore than 2 days a week I get a problem with either my hamstring or knee. So I started walking the last time I got over an injury for a while and was doing about 5 miles a day. It just didn't feel like exercise though so went back running again. I went out yesterday and woke up this morning with a pain in my knee which means I won't be able to run again for a week. I need to lose weight too so from what you say I'm looking at 14k steps a day. How many kms does that equate to for a 6' tall guy?

Edit: And congrats on the win Hotspur. Its turning around for you.
    Last edited by eagle eye; 13-07-11, 00:19.
    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

From the mightiest pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Going for goals in this one. I'll wait about ten minutes and then get on the over 2.5 and over 3.5.
        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by badugi
          love the way theres an add underneath it saying "treat him for fathers day"

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Screw Fuzzy and Amazonaws for conspiring to ruin a decent gag by me...

Why do they always focus on the negative? Where's the headline:
              "3 in 4 women can be as lippy as they like!"
              As Malcom Tucker would say:
              "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up cause that cunt's a cunt."

Comment

While on the Malcom Tucker subject, In the Loop, the movie based on the same idea as 'In the Thick of It' TV show is on BBC iplayer and worth a watch if you liked the TV show. Also, they are starting to shoot a 4th series next month. Quality show imo.

Comment

It seems the Beckham's named their daughter after Finkel.
                  Nice touch imo.

Originally posted by Irish Wolf View Post
                  An oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                    While on the Malcom Tucker subject, In the Loop, the movie based on the same idea as 'In the Thick of It' TV show is on BBC iplayer and worth a watch if you liked the TV show. Also, they are starting to shoot a 4th series next month. Quality show imo.
                    Do we still need thor or the like to watch bbc Iplayer.

I vote we set up a bbv Iplayer..would be top quality television imo. Drama, tension, intrigue, all topped off by a little bit of animal cruelty. Guaranteed money spinner.
                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Uncanny
                      The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

spin the fuck up on cash with volume loud and donk calls in the chat box with volume full on in headphones and vodka slapping down ur gob

fuck i love poker

Music video using clips of the movie TrainspottingTwitter: http://www.twitter.com/alenu77IG: http://www.instagram.com/alenu.77

Comment

10 free business cards (inc free postage).

Upload your own images, do ten different one.
                            Pretty nifty, just need a business,

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                              10 free business cards (inc free postage).

Upload your own images, do ten different one.
                              Pretty nifty, just need a business,
                              Never be as good as the business cards a mate of mine made http://www.behance.net/gallery/Business-Cards/1166857

Comment

If anyone still needs a Google+ invite PM me
                                The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Tremolo1 View Post
                                  Never be as good as the business cards a mate of mine made http://www.behance.net/gallery/Business-Cards/1166857
                                  An awesome scene from the awesome movie American Psycho. Sorry, no embedding: "Cannot enable embedding due to a content claim on this video."

Comment

lol knew that would get posted

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                      Do we still need thor or the like to watch bbc Iplayer.
                                      I use expatshield and find it very good as it allows me to watch the rte player as well as the bbc one.

Comment

Woke late so couldn't cook breakfast, went to grab my 1kg box of porridge oats that I've had all of two bowls from.

Box was suspiciously light. Light because it was empty! We have an oat thief!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                          Woke late so couldn't cook breakfast, went to grab my 1kg box of porridge oats that I've had all of two bowls from.

Box was suspiciously light. Light because it was empty! We have an oat thief!
                                          Tell them to GET THE FUCK OAT!

SPOILER
                                          Are you still in Scotland? God that works on so many levels

Comment

Yup, still en ecosse. Can't see myself leaving unless job opp opens anywhere else, and fast!

That reminds me, time to work on the cv!

FFA, looks like it's gonna be one of those days, bus is parked up for last 7 minutes waiting for the new driver to arrive and take over! We're just sitting here!
                                            Last edited by Emmet; 13-07-11, 07:43.

Comment

Homemaker: 1980 to present

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                Not sure we have enough planes out of here

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...n-2818573.html
                                                I was lolling at that stat and then realised it included me (child benefit)
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                  QQ for RDIII, what would happen to private irish pension funds if the worst came to happen?
                                                  in theory, nothing

in practice, they would almost certainly present far too tempting a target for a desperate government i.e. they would be stolen by the State

oh wait, that already happened

Comment

Ugh, it really is one of those days.

IPB blocked in work now.

Comment

Hi folks,

QQ for the tech heads in here.

I'm currently living in Melbourne and my laptop has died a death so I want to buy a new one over here.

Can anyone tell me would I encounter any problems with the laptop when I bring it back home to Ireland besides from the fact that the plugs are different?

Would I have trouble with updates etc?

Comment

turned on the radio this morning and heard a politican say:

I apologise, I take full responsibility
                                                        'WTF?' thought I. Turned out to be Mick Wallace apologising for calling Mitchell O'Connor 'Miss Piggy'.

Interviewer: so Mick, as a fellow blonde who also wears pink, do you regret making this comment?

Mick: ah would you ever f...yes, I'm sorry. It won't happen again.

Nice one Mick

Comment

Can anybody link me to one or two comprehensive articles on black Friday please? Ideally explaining why the sites were breaking laws etc. Need a couple of summaries of it all to write part of a research paper in my masters. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                            Can anybody link me to one or two comprehensive articles on black Friday please? Ideally explaining why the sites were breaking laws etc. Need a couple of summaries of it all to write part of a research paper in my masters. Thanks in advance.
                                                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                              Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

'WTF?' thought I. Turned out to be Mick Wallace apologising for calling Mitchell O'Connor 'Miss Piggy'.

Interviewer: so Mick, as a fellow blonde who also wears pink, do you regret making this comment?

Nice one Mick

What was he wearing?

Comment

Originally posted by TheVelvetFog View Post
                                                                Hi folks,

I'm currently living in Melbourne and my laptop has died a death so I want to buy a new one over here.

Can anyone tell me would I encounter any problems with the laptop when I bring it back home to Ireland besides from the fact that the plugs are different?

Thinly veiled brag imo.

Seem to be way cheaper there too.

Cliffs on the last 5 months?

Any irish run good in vegas?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                  Ugh, it really is one of those days.

IPB blocked in work now.
                                                                  I'm reliably informed that it just got blocked in Intel yesterday as well, which would be a strange coincidence - has IPB just become big enough to get on some sort of internet sex offenders list?

Comment

Brag: I just got this correct: (no way I got that 2nd word right, they just let me away with it imo):

a little know fact (or is it?)
                                                                    you can put anything you want in the 2nd part of captcha.
                                                                    The first part needs to be done the 2nd, is scanned books that google wants that cannot be read by OCR. ergo you can put anything there.
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                                      Repost?
                                                                      No, just haven't noticed you posting in ages!

Comment

Hi folks,

you'll be grand. My last 3 laptops were bought stateside.
                                                                        Just use a plug adaptor and run them through a surge protector to be safe.
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

32 yo virgin how unlikely is that?

Nice one Mick
                                                                          Yea he didn't even try to swing it around to making the valid point about him having to conform while she can walk around looking like the aftermath of an explosion at the Dulux factory.
                                                                          Never going to make it as a politician.
                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                            a little know fact (or is it?)
                                                                            you can put anything you want in the 2nd part of captcha.
                                                                            The first part needs to be done the 2nd, is scanned books that google wants that cannot be read by OCR. ergo you can put anything there.
                                                                            So google are using captchas as free labour to fix their book scanner issues?

That's genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                              I'm reliably informed that it just got blocked in Intel yesterday as well, which would be a strange coincidence - has IPB just become big enough to get on some sort of internet sex offenders list?
                                                                              a lot of companies would use a register to block a list of sites, these are generally updated monthly/weekly so it's not surprising IPB is blocked at the same time in different places.
                                                                              changing the address to https: (dom would need to make a change in htaccess file) might help here.
                                                                              also setting up wildcard subdomains, like on boards.ie (like pie.boards.ie)
                                                                              Last edited by DeadParrot; 13-07-11, 09:44.

Comment

Hotspur, you can use most smartphones as pedometers I assume they are not as accurate as a dedicated one. Android has a load of apps and if you use them for measuring distance walked and keeping records they are far better than a basic pedometer.

Comment

Hi folks,

turn the laptop upside down obv.
                                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    So google are using captchas as free labour to fix their book scanner issues?

That's genius.
                                                                                    yep.

Several online campaigns by /b/ et al to fuck up googles shit by having every word read a racist term beginning with 'n'

Comment

@ Mods,Would you open the WW thread please? Can't do it from phone,Ty Ty .
                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

If you have a smartphone and are looking to track your running, cycling or walking then this is the must have app

Sign up for Runkeeper's free online social fitness community and running app to connect with friends to train and track your workouts.

It actually motivates me as I try and beat whatever the last time was like a comp game etc.
                                                                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Yea he didn't even try to swing it around to making the valid point about him having to conform while she can walk around looking like the aftermath of an explosion at the Dulux factory.
                                                                                          Never going to make it as a politician.
                                                                                          she was just on the radio too, moaning about Wallace and Ming

very schoolmarm-ish comment about how she would expect it from the 'likes of them' but that she 'would expect better' from Shane Ross

important stuff, of course the media laps it up

Comment

a lot of companies would use a register to block a list of sites, these are generally updated monthly/weekly so it's not surprising IPB is blocked at the same time in different places.
                                                                                            changing the address to https: (dom would need to make a change in htaccess file) might help here.
                                                                                            also setting up wildcard subdomains, like on boards.ie (like pie.boards.ie)
                                                                                            Yeah that's why I'm wondering why all of a sudden these registers have picked IPB up - something to do with the server change or something maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                              done

Comment

Leo Varadkar must be feeling somewhat vindicated this morning

Comment

32 yo virgin how unlikely is that?
                                                                                                  likely....

but in all probability....

Comment

100% no way that this is a wind up.

Comment

Nice one Mick
                                                                                                      LOL that myles guy standing in for pat kenny was interviewing her this morning, it was clear that she didn't want to make anything out of it it was lads banter and mick had apologised the matter was over as far as she was concerned. but no, myles smelled a big scoop and kept asking her how her family felt about it and how it demeaned her as a female until eventually he got his blow up, except it wasn't a blow up he eventually gave up.
                                                                                                      LOL media, molehill>>>>>>>>MOUNTAIN

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                                        Is it just me or does it sound like an Apple add?
                                                                                                        Aye it does.

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                        Has anyone gotten their hands on the HTC Mozart - the new windows phone?

It's extremely slick, if it takes off in any way at all with apps etc I can't see myself not wanting a phone running it ahead of an iPhone or an Android phone.
                                                                                                        Haven't had the chance to mess around with any of the new Windows smart phones would like to see how to work, doubt they will get that big.

Originally posted by badugi View Post
                                                                                                        people were posting about her last night, and came acroos this just tehre on yahoo news..

marine in afganistan posts a video asking her on a date hoping it will become kind of viral and she will see it.
                                                                                                        Obviously you weren't reading enough I posted this the other day.

Last Thursday, Sgt. Scott Moore of the 3rd Battalion 2nd Marines in Musa Qala, Afghanistan, posted a video on youtube to ask Mila on a date. Specifically, to the Marine Corps Ball on November 18th in Greenville, North Carolina. Over the weekend, Fox talked to Mila and Justin Timberlake about their movie ‘Friends With Benefits’, and they asked her about Moores video. This was apparently the first she had heard of it. And then…

…the clearly flattered actress agreed.
                                                                                                        “I’ll go, I’ll do it for you,” she said, turning to Timberlake. “Are you going to come?”
                                                                                                        “They don’t want me! They want you,” Timberlake responded. “You need to do it for your country.”
                                                                                                        Kunis nodded.
                                                                                                        “I’ll do it,” she confirmed.
                                                                                                        Sgt Scott Moore with 3rd Battalion 2nd Marines in Musa Qala, Afghanistan asks Mila Kunis to the Marine Corps Ball in Greenville, NC on November 18th....Yes, ...

Here is her reply.

http://www.casinator.com/learn-how-to-play-poker.php ◄ Click here to find out how to play winning poker. Mila is also a poker player and featured in several ...

Has anyone tried the Sporting Emporium's Vegas competition?

It's a free to enter roulette spin up competition.

http://www.thesportingemporium.com/c...ition.350.html
                                                                                                        First spin is free then every spin after that is €10 not sure who it goes to one of the lads said charity, you get 10 minutes to spin up 200 points and then the people who have the most play a weekly final I think.

Have been in but haven't done it yet, was in there on Saturday night and they have 2 promo girls helping out on the Fri/Sat pretty nice/big tits the live final looked like a bit of craic.

I know BigBadPat started a dedicated thread on it but I didn't think it was relevant so I delete but forgot to PM him he wasn't too happy

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                        Lazy WW cunt
                                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                          This

Very likely imo.
                                                                                                          Well that's clearly not good.

What options does the average PAYE Joe slob have in relation to moving those pensions out of the reach of the government, if any? I was always under the impression that we were pretty much tied into employer schemes for better or worse. On a tangential point, should AVC contributions be going into a personal fund rather than an employers fund and if so how do you manage the tax equation and again keep it out of the reach of the government?

With every passing week I realise more and more that I really need to get myself a good financial adviser. I don't have the time or energy to get close enough to it myself to make truly informed decisions about the right things to do.
                                                                                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

I'd love to see a study done to see if there's a correlation between people who do the lottery and low IQ. In a very large sample I'd imagine it would be quite strong.

Have to lol at folk who get visibly tilted everytime there lucky numbers don't get drawn.
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

likely....

but in all probability....
                                                                                                              Bah! I meant to type:
                                                                                                              A 32 year old virgin in Finglas, how unlikely is that

Comment

Definitely too nice a day to be clowning around on here with you clowns so I hereby award myself a half day to see some real clowns, Duffys Circus is down at Clontarf. Hopefully it's as good as I remember from 1981

Comment

when this game gets released you wont see me here for about 3 months (which some of you will be glad to hear )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmJty...mbedded#at=234

Comment

Hi folks,

I bought a previous laptop while living in Oz and brought it back with me, used it for a good 18 months afterwards; all I did upon returning to Ireland was to order the correct power supply / adapter from Dell and swapped out the Aussie one (as using a travel adapter is a pain in the arse). You can get the correct power supply from eBay for next to nothing (compared to Dell).

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                      when this game gets released you wont see me here for about 3 months (which some of you will be glad to hear )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmJty...mbedded#at=234
                                                                                                                      Speaking of games, Steam's legendary bi-annual sale (the Summer / Winter sales) finished up on Sunday, ten days of bargains! I bought 9 games in total, more than enough to keep me going for 6 months; I've actually got a load of games yet to play that I bought in last year's Summer and Winter sales! Must have close to 20 unplayed games now...all I need is a year or two off to take full advantage

Need at least half a decade to catch up on all the TV series I have downloaded...

Comment

Seems to be a lot of noobs posting over the last few days, good to see.

Comment

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X