This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
    Seeing as we have been talking poker here is a hand from last night that was the only real interesting one I played.

Raise in EP to 1600 playing 400/800. Call on the button and I defend the BB with 97o of 22k stack, villains cover.

Flop is 8c6d3d and preflop raiser bets 2.2k, button calls and I raise to 6k. EP calls and button folds

Turn Kc and I check fold to a jam with 14k behind.
    ​​​​​​Thoughts? Felt like a raise was good on flop but the call by EP is very strong with player behind. Kc is obviously a terrible card but is it too weak to just check fold?
    So it’s a pure call pre anyway so that’s completely fine. 96o is a pure call while 95o would be a pure fold.

Post flop I’ll just answer for HU cos I can run that, you can assume once you go 3-way that given your inability to realise your equity as often OOP that you’re going to play more passive.

I think some people feel this spot might be a lead even HU but it’s a check with your entire range, villain still has a huge range advantage here.

This is a good example of blocker value. So when you have the 9d, you should probably raise. There are calls but at a lower frequency.
    Similarly with 7d, you can raise a little but majority of the time it’s a call. When you have no diamond, pure check call.

On turn, c/f looks perfect to me.
    FWIW, the flop raise is +EV heads up even without a diamond, it’s just the solver isn’t indifferent because there is an EV disparity but it’s not enormous or anything.

All in all, I’d say you played it quite well. This is why you’re a winner in Naas

Comment

My thinking is your flop check raise pretty much lines the villain up for the turn jam on most cards once you check the turn

I'd check call the flop myself.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

Ah right - finished nowhere, out a while after the main break. You have to win your all-ins!
        If you are never All-In you win 100% of your tournaments

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
          Jungleman leading the $50k 8-game players championship with 5 left. He won the same event last year. Some achievement if he manages to take it down again.
          Takes it down. That is incredible and has to be one of the most impressive things ever done in poker. The guy is a poker savant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            My thinking is your flop check raise pretty much lines the villain up for the turn jam on most cards once you check the turn

I'd check call the flop myself.
            He just got a miserable turn card

Lots of turn cards that allow Eoghan to shove, just not that one
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
              I thought i was mellowing in my old age.

Was at the local deli counter at the breakfast part ordering a Friday treat . Builder guy beside me loudly and rudely . CAN YOU FKIN WALK AROUND ME AND DONT TALK OVER ME.

EHi'll stay where i am sez I , did you get out of bed on the wrong side. DICKHEAD he spews. Hmmm now 10 years ago this would have escalated. I said to the deli girl Sorry you had to listen to that hoping this will convey I'm a reasonable person but wont be intimidated by some arsehole.
              Anyway he gives me the death stare . Im kind of disappointed i was ready to engage physically and part of me was agitated enough to think like that.

One step forward and another one back. I'm a WIP .
              Played it fine there Solks in fairness, you stood your ground and said your piece. Adrenaline a bitch though isnt it!

We had construction going on near the shop. Endless trouble with builders parking in our car spaces in front of shop (privately owned).
              Owner (75 years old) escalated from would you mind moving to using a load of brown tape to stick a sign on windscreens "no parking, privately owned" Emded up squaring up to one or 2 of them. I reckoned he would be safe enough as hes 75 and they're most likely not going to nut him but he was as proud as a peacock the odd time he would venture down to the shop and deal.with it. Thing was us working in the shop had it every day.
              Most of them came across as thick as bottled pigshit but there were a number that were fairly aggressive, probably viewed the locale as posh and entitled and yet they were the ones displaying the worst type of entitled behaviour. Seems to me they think they're the dogs bollox as blokes or something and they all think theyre hilarious.
              Had one interaction where they were asking me what we sold so I was giving a few examples and he starts trying to be funny "do you sell jockstraps?" I go(rare moment of quick wittedness) "sorry we dont do them in small"
              Much hilarity ensued.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                Booked MisterS for lunch on Friday. omg it looks salivatingly good. Rather impressively, they are recommended by Michelin (bib gourmand, is it? that step below a star), but they haven't mentioned it anywhere on their website. Maybe the days of Irish restaurants overrelying on Michelin glory have faded away and now the done thing is to have people find it out for themselves.
                This place is astonishingly good. Easily my best meal in Dublin in the last few years. Had the shortrib with chimichurri sauce and it was just flaking away into absolute goodness. The fat was almost caramelised and my god just how good it was mixed with the chimichurri. The type of dish you'd remember for months whenever you get a pang of hunger.
                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

How it began

How it's going
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    Although I randomly got called up by a dude cold-offering me a job at 5pm today on the basis of a recommendation by someone I would consider a distant acquaintance. So who knows anything anymore.
                    Interesting week. We now have options.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Great stuff from the Irish lads at Mount Juliet.
                      Last edited by Wombatman; 01-07-22, 17:02.
                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                        Great stuff from the Irish lads at Mount Juliet.
                        Lowry showing the big

Power looking solid out as usual. He is such a grinder
                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

God save us from options
                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

We're pleased to announce that IPB have signed a new multi year deal for the return of zuutroy to posting duties.

#zuutback

Note: due to match fitness issues it is not known when he will make his second debut.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                              We're pleased to announce that IPB have signed a new multi year deal for the return of zuutroy to posting duties.

#zuutback

Note: due to match fitness issues it is not known when he will make his second debut.
                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The inner ballyfermot in me does baulk at some of the shite I've been spewing to prospective employers lately.
                                Pretty sureI know what option I want to take but kinda trying to price the others in by asking for mental money, no one was blinked too much on what I asked for so far
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Murica
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

It turns out no one clicked anything in an email to let the Avoslocker cunce in the door, it seems they got in via a zero day exploit on Altassian's Confluence server. Heading into week 4 now and while all the major existential threats have been contained there is still a lot to be done before it can business as usual. Crazy days.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

The inner ballyfermot in me does baulk at some of the shite I've been spewing to prospective employers lately.
                                      Pretty sureI know what option I want to take but kinda trying to price the others in by asking for mental money, no one was blinked too much on what I asked for so far
                                      I was beginning to get the impression that the jobs market was cooling a little but between a couple of mentions here and a recent chat in work, it seems things are still looking up.

I feel my timing was a little off and with so much of the sectors equities tumbling, it’s hard not to feel like a miss.

S&P closed it’s worse first 6 months in over 50 years, I find that hard to believe given the the events which have occurred during that time.
                                      Last edited by Murdrum; 01-07-22, 19:30.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Hello all. Been a while. Really weird...started playing poker again, randomly had a chat with Roadsweeper, and then DP put out the bat signal that someone was looking for me on here all in the space of a couple of weeks. Pretty shocked to see poker content on the site! Hope you're all well.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

It's a generational uplift opportunity (that could disappear quite fast). Carpe Diem. I didn't go looking for any of the offers that have come my way but it's turned into a very fucking interesting situation. Probably the biggest barrier to exploiting it is our stoopid HR policies.

Comment

Still ariel Zuutroph?

Welcome back.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

S&P closed it’s worse first 6 months in over 50 years, I find that hard to believe given the the events which have occurred during that time.
                                                That's true, but the context of it is that the S&P is still considerably higher than it was pre-Covid. (Circa $3300).

There are an absolute tonne of loss-making companies whose entire business model makes no sense that are going to be erased in the next few months/years in the new regime of higher interest rates.

Comment

Still ariel Zuutroph?

Welcome back.

Yes, but my maintenance man is an absolute headcase which makes it a pain. Think I'm going to sell up now. Opportunity cost has become too big, particularly in the days of €3/l aviation fuel

Made a slightly more interesting video than the one Collie posted, of flying to Kerry to stay in the Europe last year (amazing hotel btw).

Edit: can't embed because I've forgotten how to forum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKI2...nnel=zuutroy21

Last edited by zuutroy; 01-07-22, 20:46.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

Yes, but my maintenance man is an absolute headcase which makes it a pain. Think I'm going to sell up now. Opportunity cost has become too big, particularly in the days of €3/l aviation fuel

Made a slightly more interesting video than the one Collie posted, of flying to Kerry to stay in the Europe last year (amazing hotel btw).

That is completely terrifying!

Think I might have returned to our uni in your absence? Although am now desperately trying to leave it again.

Comment

That is completely terrifying!

Think I might have returned to our uni in your absence? Although am now desperately trying to leave it again.
                                                      The terrifying thing for me is the bills! Yea I think you were thinking of coming back to Ireland...may have seen you pop up on some DCU twitter stuff. Thought the business school was alright? General outlook for research is no bueno though.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        It turns out no one clicked anything in an email to let the Avoslocker cunce in the door, it seems they got in via a zero day exploit on Altassian's Confluence server. Heading into week 4 now and while all the major existential threats have been contained there is still a lot to be done before it can business as usual. Crazy days.
                                                        Obv too late for ye now but a tool called cylance is fairly decent against zero day threats.
                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Looks fun, dunno why, but plane looks drunk when approaching landing strip
                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Great to have you back!

Would it be cheaper to rent an aeroplane now and then? Or is that not practical.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Great to have you back!

Would it be cheaper to rent an aeroplane now and then? Or is that not practical.
                                                              Cheers! Renting isn't a great option in Ireland as it's mostly just the ubiquitous Cessna 172 on offer here which is pretty slow, has a low max altitude, and they're generally under-equipped for travel. I have a guy who'll rent me a slightly better machine but it's still a good way off mine. Ideally I'd share it with someone but it's such a small player pool here that I can't find anyone. Prices are absolute lunacy right now too so it's a decent time to cash out.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Looks fun, dunno why, but plane looks drunk when approaching landing strip
                                                                Choppy enough breeze off the Reeks!

Comment

Ah man, that's incredible. Great to see you posting again, and Murdrum, and LL. It seems all we needed to get everyone back was a bit of poker talk. Who knew.

The Europe is incredible alright, we had a bit of chat about it in here a while back.
                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Love your confident chat with ATC btw. Was that English control on the approach to Kerry? Seemed an English accent.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                      Love your confident chat with ATC btw. Was that English control on the approach to Kerry? Seemed an English accent.
                                                                      Haha...funny you should say that. He was a mostly unintelligible Spanish guy (largely due to the radio quality - they send a lot of trainee controllers here to work on their English proficiency.) who kept telling me about birds near the runway at a critical time when I was in cloud setting up for the approach. Single pilot flight in the proper air traffic system when you're in and out of clouds makes 24 tabling poker seem like a walk in the park!

Comment

Haha, Jesus. Fair play

Comment

Cheers! Renting isn't a great option in Ireland as it's mostly just the ubiquitous Cessna 172 on offer here which is pretty slow, has a low max altitude, and they're generally under-equipped for travel. I have a guy who'll rent me a slightly better machine but it's still a good way off mine. Ideally I'd share it with someone but it's such a small player pool here that I can't find anyone. Prices are absolute lunacy right now too so it's a decent time to cash out.
                                                                          Do you need a certain number of flying hours per year to keep your licence active or anything?

Comment

if we could just get the flushies back next, we could start a ww game.

Comment

I've been operating on a default setting of immense overconfidence when it comes to Irish rugby for a while now but not feeling great about the next few weeks at all.
                                                                              NZ to win each half by 7 @7/2 looked an OK bet I thought.

Comment

if we could just get the flushies back next, we could start a ww game.
                                                                                I'm not sure these exiles should be allowed to swan back in like prodigal sons amd daughters after we put in the effort to keep the place going through covid. Sure next thing you know Rigger will be here like some big shot asking what we all had for tea.

Some kind of tariff is in order, maybe tell us a story or a joke.

Comment

Decent start.

Comment

Decent start.
                                                                                    NZ just kicking everything away. Plenty of holes there if we have a go at them.

Comment

SP and I on fine bbv'ing form today.

Comment

They are so good at turning small mistakes into big scores

Comment

They are so good at turning small mistakes into big scores
                                                                                          Might as well walk the dog.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Do you need a certain number of flying hours per year to keep your licence active or anything?
                                                                                            License is for life but you have different ratings for different types of planes that need to be kept active. Mine basic one is valid for 2 years so long as you do at least 12 hours in the 2nd year, one with an instructor. The bit that lets me fly in clouds and in the same airspace as the big boys requires a re-test once a year regardless of hours flown.

Comment

License is for life but you have different ratings for different types of planes that need to be kept active. Mine basic one is valid for 2 years so long as you do at least 12 hours in the 2nd year, one with an instructor. The bit that lets me fly in clouds and in the same airspace as the big boys requires a re-test once a year regardless of hours flown.
                                                                                              Came across this channel last week and it's pretty cool. Don't think I've been as jealous of someone else's life as much as I was watching this one..

Comment

*as much as I was*

Poxy site not letting me edit

Comment

Ha, I should edit out the 'poxy site' bit so I don't scare Zuut back off again, but I can't

Comment

It only occasionally goes like that btw. Runs smooth for the most part.

Comment

Think you got away with it laz. nothingtoseehere.gif

Comment

Might head to this thing in the Regency at 3. The early start appeals to my middle aged sensibilities. Anyone planning on going?

Comment

It only occasionally goes like that btw. Runs smooth for the most part.
                                                                                                          Its related to how the software treats the cache on certain devices.
                                                                                                          If I wipe the cache (which is done daily), the problem goes away).
                                                                                                          Its generally down to active browser sessions lasting days meaning your cookie/live system cache is out of sync.
                                                                                                          E.g if i leave the tab open on bbv for days and days on my mobile and also havr a session on my laptop you end up with the poxy 500 error you see from time to time. If you refresh, you can see you actually posted but your session cache stops the page loading automatically.
                                                                                                          ​​​​​For the most part the daily maintenance solves the problem before ya see it.

Comment

Might head to this thing in the Regency at 3. The early start appeals to my middle aged sensibilities. Anyone planning on going?
                                                                                                            Was thinking of running KK into AA after an hour in my first live outing in a decade. Left fulfilled.

Comment

Good start Wales.
                                                                                                              Are Saffers now shit or anything?
                                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Was thinking of running KK into AA after an hour in my first live outing in a decade. Left fulfilled.
                                                                                                                Ha. Did the exact same myself yesterday. Gridned my ass off for 13 levels, 16 played on day 1 and ran KK into AA for heaps. Gg. Had planned on playing the 7pm flight (pun intended) but circumstances have changed and now won't make it.

it's a fun game though so hopefully they go again. One change I'd make is play day 1 down to 15% and just pay everyone coming back for day 2. They tweaked the structure to play an extra level day 1b, c, d and e after 25% of the field got through from day 1a. So anyone through from day 1a come back early on day 2 to play a level.

Seems like a lot of hassle and being in the money for day 2 in a small 2 day game is always nice.

Comment

This is bleedin awesome

Comment

This is bleedin awesome

Remember posting this before . So good similar vein

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Remember posting this before . So good similar vein
                                                                                                                      Ah yeah, that's one of my favourites on that channel. Some cracking stuff on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                                        Good start Wales.
                                                                                                                        Are Saffers now shit or anything?
                                                                                                                        Took a good while but excellent bbv'ing
                                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Jaysus, 13 man Wales with the reverso
                                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X