Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised more isn't being made of the euros slide, the lower it goes the more inflation the EU imports and the more difficult the winter is going to be. It's not hard to imagine Germany crying uncle and giving into Russia, that or drastically raising rates to try and prop up the euro.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Has anyone used deliverme.ie?

Parcel Motel type thing based in Newry.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I see Penny has gone from 2/1 to 8/11 in a day. Now just to bring some of this political projection magic to De Santis.
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

It's mad how diverse (gender, ethnicity) the Tory race is. Have we even got any Irish TDs who weren't born in Ireland?
            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Finally caught a dose of the covid. Nasty enough, have been chesty and fluey for a couple of days and it's only as I'm feeling a bit less shit today that I got a red line.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                I see Penny has gone from 2/1 to 8/11 in a day. Now just to bring some of this political projection magic to De Santis.
                She's the only one sexier than Sunak, and it has to help that she's not a darkie.

Comment

Comment

It's mad how diverse (gender, ethnicity) the Tory race is. Have we even got any Irish TDs who weren't born in Ireland?
                    Would we be closer to an outlier in that regard though?

Comment

IPB The Open Golf Sweep 2022 - Round 1 Update

balfejohn with a nice lead but still a lot of golf to be played. Think it's safe to say Tiger is goosed though.
                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

oleras
                        The first season of the series, starring Jeremy Allen White, is currently streaming on Hulu
                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Great little story came up after a lad who literally got back in the saddle having had a long time away from the game.

Comment

I'm watching Masterchef currently (i'm weeks behind) and what strikes me is that everyone seemingly has a story. It may not be ethnicity wise (but a lot that way) but i'm not sure i've come across any "pure" British contestants.Think there have been at least four gay male contestants, and as aforementioned, many with ethnicities from far afield.

It struck me at the time that the Beeb (or whomever) want diverse contestants whereas the government definitely do not in their citizens. Yet, as Hitch has pointed out, they have plenty amongst their ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              Great little story came up after a lad who literally got back in the saddle having had a long time away from the game.

Thats so cool. Delighted for the lad

Comment

They don't play soccer internationals on Hackney Marshes anymore, or have World Title fights at the York Hall in Bethnal Green. For very good reasons.
                                So I don't know why they persist in regularly having the Open Golf on this ancient slab of drab featureless land in Scotland. They have about 100 better courses to use.
                                By all means keep the course open for it's historical reasons, but it no longer merits a major.
                                * ducks from golf traditionalists *

Comment

Excellent news. Great show.
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

31?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

31?
                                      Can you even imagine how that makes me feel

Last year 65 year old trainer Liam Burke renewed his license after not having ridden competitively for 25 years and has ridden in a dozen races since but that was a bit different in that he has been riding out daily and reflects a shift in thinking about age amongst the powers that be.

Comment

Can you even imagine how that makes me feel

Last year 65 year old trainer Liam Burke renewed his license after not having ridden competitively for 25 years and has ridden in a dozen races since but that was a bit different in that he has been riding out daily and reflects a shift in thinking about age amongst the powers that be.
                                        I think Denny's surprise is that he looks 10-15 years older than 31.

Comment

Finally caught a dose of the covid. Nasty enough, have been chesty and fluey for a couple of days and it's only as I'm feeling a bit less shit today that I got a red line.

It's fairly rampant again. The 'aul lad finally got it as well a few weeks back. Thankfully he'd got all four jabs by that stage but still ended up in hospital for 10 days with it. He's slowly coming back around to normal (or at least normal for him) after being out of hospital for over two weeks now but his little stay there has thrown up more crap that he had been hiding that we need to deal with.

Fun times!

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Excellent news. Great show.
                                            Station 11 is class, should be right up your street. Lots of interesting people involved led by Patrick Somerville as writer and showrunner who wrote lots of The Leftovers (including 'The book of Kevin episode) and Hiro Murai of Atlanta fame directs some of the episodes.

11/10 IMO

Comment

Station 11 is class, should be right up your street. Lots of interesting people involved led by Patrick Somerville as writer and showrunner who wrote lots of The Leftovers (including 'The book of Kevin episode) and Hiro Murai of Atlanta fame directs some of the episodes.

11/10 IMO
                                              Really enjoyed it, looking forward to S2.

Did you watch Night Sky ? JK Simmons and Sissy Spacek, fantastic scifi story, if a little slow paced, left on a wtf cliffhanger only to be cancelled, hopefully someone else picks it up.

Oh, and What We Do In The Shadows is back !
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Calgary stampede on at the moment.

I haven’t done this much drinking in a long time.

Hot burds are solar powered.
                                                Sundresses are my kryptonite.
                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

That pokerstars event is very strange. Different starting days have different structures.

Admittedly I haven't been paying attention to poker but I've never seen that before?

Comment

That pokerstars event is very strange. Different starting days have different structures.

Admittedly I haven't been paying attention to poker but I've never seen that before?
                                                    Yeah, that bugs me. I can only make evening flights cos of work but they've got 33% less time so I won't play it. Clock should be the same for all day 1s imo.

As it is, they hit capacity for day 1a today which means 1b flight has been pushed from 8pm to 10pm start. So its clearly popular

Comment

Ah ok thanks. And no breaks along with the shorter clock.

Where are you getting the updates?

Comment

Ah ok thanks. And no breaks along with the shorter clock.

Where are you getting the updates?
                                                        There are breaks, just less. The 30min clock has a break every 90mins. The 20min clock has a 20min break for "dinner" and chip races.

The 10min clock for day 1e on sunday morning has no breaks.

Group on Facebook called "The Irish Poker Forum".

Comment

Lao Lao I have retractions to make on some recent comments. Bambino is certainly superior to do Fontaines. I went back in (in a better mood perhaps) and while the cynic in me still felt they could charge less for pizza if they didn't have 8 (!) Staff working there at once, the pizza is absolutely class.

On the back of the recent lees Charming Noodles cheap eats discussion, anybody tried White Rabbit, can be found in the back of a supermarket on vapel st, or in moore st mall, so it's not fine dining but the food is unreal!!
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

I played the acop in May and they had a turbo 15 min clock on the evening before day 2.

Overheard a player on my table (in an earlier D1) say that it often resulted in the biggest stack going into D2… so must not be a new thing i’d say.
                                                            Last edited by Degag; 15-07-22, 20:18.

Comment

This is fking gas

Comment

The sister who had ovarian cancer 9 years ago, has had shit pipe cancer confirmed today. Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                  The sister who had ovarian cancer 9 years ago, has had shit pipe cancer confirmed today. Meh.
                                                                  Ah fuck. Sorry Noel.
                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

I played the acop in May and they had a turbo 15 min clock on the evening before day 2.

Overheard a player on my table (in an earlier D1) say that it often resulted in the biggest stack going into D2… so must not be a new thing i’d say.
                                                                    For the last 5 years I only play the lat minute Turbo/Hyper in any Event for Day 1.

I played one just before Covid and 4 of us regged just as the Turbo closed and we had to wait a few mins till players busted to gradually get in super late. 500 players and 3 out of 4 filled 1st/2nd and 3rd two days later.

Missing the value maybe but fun at the bar definitely

Best buddys aul lad passed away on my way over tonight so had to abandon ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

For the last 5 years I only play the lat minute Turbo/Hyper in any Event for Day 1.

I played one just before Covid and 4 of us regged just as the Turbo closed and we had to wait a few mins till players busted to gradually get in super late. 500 players and 3 out of 4 filled 1st/2nd and 3rd two days later.

Missing the value maybe but fun at the bar definitely

Best buddys aul lad passed away on my way over tonight so had to abandon ship.
                                                                      Yeah, different strokes. etc. The shorter format can suit certain players games. Although i get dobby's point, especially when it comes to work restraints.

Sorry about your buddy's dad.

I might head up for the IPO again in October. Hotel prices a killer though.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Really enjoyed it, looking forward to S2.

Did you watch Night Sky ? JK Simmons and Sissy Spacek, fantastic scifi story, if a little slow paced, left on a wtf cliffhanger only to be cancelled, hopefully someone else picks it up.

Oh, and What We Do In The Shadows is back !
                                                                        Sci-fi shows seem to be very quick to get binned.
                                                                        Counterpart was another great show, also Simmons, that was binned. Time travel in particular seems to be cursed. I think if there time-travel, or alternate realities, the masses just can’t follow it. Counterpart, journeyman, Time-travellers wife is another one cancelled recently. Although that’s probably a story that doesn’t translate well to a tv show.

On the other have, most time travel stories are a mess.

Comment

Wow..... This is unreal rugby
                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Cyanide capsule at the ready here
                                                                            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

ABs look tired and laboured. Credit to Ireland though, taking their chances.

Comment

Wow, a joy to watch so far!

Comment

This covid is giving we the weirdest fever dreams, right now I'm in one where we gave the blacks an exhibition for 40 mins. Will wake up now for the real second half.
                                                                                  ​​​​​

Comment

All blacks were absolutely rubbish there. Long may it continue. What an awesome first half!

Comment

Some about of BBV’ing going on here…

Comment

Incredible

Comment

WHAT. A. GAME!
                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Shit's getting real

Comment

Tadhg Beirne !!!

This is why he's been hanging around for the last year!

Comment

Great stuff

Comment

Phenomenal. Very well played.

Comment

Tadhg Beirne !!!

This is why he's been hanging around for the last year!
                                                                                                    Man of the match for me

Comment

Unreal finish. Tadhg Beirne. What a man.

Comment

Pray for Mystery Guest.

Comment

Aki was phenomenal also and barely gave away a penalty

Comment

I hoped Ireland would win a test, but I never thought they could win the series. In fucking Dreamland!!!

Comment

Its time for name change to Misery Guest .

Comment

Have to kill 90 mins in Rathcoole/Newcastle with one kid while other is at a party. Any suggestions Soljs/Laz?

Comment

Some way to land in Cherbourg watching that.

Not even close who the better team were over the series either.
                                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The brother was over at the game. Free tickets from the woman's family as some work trip got in the way. About as fair weather a supporter as could be ​​​​​​. Snuck out for a "quick pint" with the woman's brother.

He worked in a pub out there when he first arrived. Served Coles, Retallic and a few other lads. Said they were all a1 and didn't fancy having to escort them out the door if they were gargled.

Comment

Fair play to Michael Flatly. What's the point of being a millionaire narcissist if you're not gonna cast and produce yourself as James Bond.

I can only imagine the laughs that went on every day when he was in his trailer.

Comment

Yeeaaaahh defo winning the RWC now roysh goys?
                                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                          Have to kill 90 mins in Rathcoole/Newcastle with one kid while other is at a party. Any suggestions Soljs/Laz?
                                                                                                                          Rathcoole park is good. Big long slide for kiddie .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X