This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Absolutely there are shades of grey and that is why my criticism of of the mindset within our country"s culture that has failed to communicate the message that this veneration of the IRA is wholly unacceptable in modern Ireland.

The whataboutery is moronic, this is our problem and has nothing to do with poppies, bonfires or lambeg drums.
    If we are going to ask a million British people to join us on our modern European republic we need to clean up our own shit and prove that we can educate the dumbest and most ignorant amongst us to be respectful other communities within the republic.
    It's just basic good manners FFS!
    There's the 'RA () and there's the 'RA ()
    https://www.vice.com/amp/en/article/...ans-went-viral
    Public bombing arseholes and murderers can rightly get fucked.
    However, stuff like ISF and Gerry and his rubber duckies have had an impact on todays youth.

When I was growing up a fella like "The Border Fox" had a cool name and I imagined him something akin to a cowboy hero, that mentality was pretty prevalient around my way among my peers
    and I can understand how the journy from that --> memes and saying "such and such is in the 'ra" as a allegory for coolness can gloss over or hide shit that we can all agree is fucking abhorent.
    I think the girls were idiots, I don't think there is a wider political issue at hand.

Young people do stupid things, next up water is wet.

Last edited by DeadParrot; 13-10-22, 11:48.
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I prefer Ooh Aah Paul McGrath
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Yeah my nad, i just remembered the one from around 2019 I think was it? I always had the wedding one in my head cos that's where I heard it first. Leave them to it and add it to the reasons to leave the North where it is instead of trying to integrate that into our country
        I remember chatting to a load of Scottish lads while skiing a couple of years ago. Had a right good hour with them talking shite about anything and everything but a lot about Brexit which was a hot topic at the time and how it had fucked the Scots royally. As we were moving on the lads told me they were of the Rangers persuasion and if you had told them they'd spend a pleasant hour with a shower of taigs the day before they probably would have glassed you, but yet there we were.

I have no doubt they were singing about being up to their knees in my blood the week before, and were singing it again the week after. I mean, it would be better manners if they stopped singing it, sure, but in the end I wonder if getting super dooper serious about the mildest of instances like the one the other day ends up being counterproductive. If you forbid people to sing I Think We're Alone Now with amended lyrics are they more or less likely to end up singing about Michaela McAreavey at a later date? I actually don't know, but I have my suspicions that its the former, and at least we can all hopefully agree that we would prefer the opposite direction of travel.

I really think things would be a lot better in some hypothetical reality where all the normalish people on the one side of the divide were ironically shouting Up the RA and all the normalish taigs were laughing while singing Tiffany than they will be in the reality where we lose our minds over every indiscretion on one side or the other from people who are mostly probably fairly nice.

That seems to be the argument basically - is this venerating the IRA or is it making some guttural noises for fun that kind of ejects them from their own song
        Last edited by Keane; 13-10-22, 11:55.

Comment

My two 6yos walked all the way to school singing it after i played the video and they heard it. Every attempt to stop them resulted in it getting louder. So far have dodged any phonecalls from school but wife is back tonight so hoping they ease off by then

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
            That seems to be the argument basically - is this venerating the IRA or is it making some guttural noises for fun that kind of ejects them from their own song
            Of course it's completely subjective, but that's the point. A whole lot of people including myself are horrified whenever we see our own countrymen singing this song. I'm horrified because I spent most of the early part of my life trying to stomp out this culture of hate on both sides that was perpetuating a segregated country with a cycle of deadly violence. I'm not asking for anyone to stop singing it because it offends me, I'm not a snowflake, quite the opposite. I know most of the people singing that song think it's just a harmless bit of fun, but enough of them actually mean it when they sing it, that we would all be much better off if nobody sang it. Maybe in a couple of generations we will be separated enough from terrorism that it will become ok, but I remember what it was like growing up protestant in the republic, I heard the stories of how much worse it was for my mother, how appalling it was for my grandmother. My cousins in Hillsborough up north, my great aunt who lived just off the Lisburn road, they played no part in sectarianism or violence but lived under constant threat of bombings. It's too fresh for me. The cultural shift in the 90s really was like a weight lifted off our family, it hurts to see these things continue, knowing how easily the pendulum could swing back to violence and hate again. I guess I'm just not detached enough to be able to see it in shades of grey.
            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Young people do stupid things, next up water is wet.
              Originally posted by Keane View Post
              As long as there is a community of people who believe it is hurtful to then then it is, and there is no question but that continuing to use it is a deliberate act of aggression against that community.

I've no criticism of the players not of their handling of the fallout.
              My criticism is of the abject failure of institutions such as the FAI to eradicate something they know for years is a problem.

My venom is directed at those who are defending the use of it irregardless of whatever pisspoor reasoning they are disguising their racism with.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                I never knew they were lyrics to an actual song.
                Just thought it was a chant.
                It’s both. Originally an old football chant from Celtic v Rangers games.
                The song the girls were singing is about Celtic. In that regard the lyric is within some context of the song - but obliviously included for other reasons.

As opposed to extra-lyrical chants added to say The Fields of Athenry.

Comment

TLDR

SPOILER
                  think I posted on here a few years ago about my experience in Gumbet around the time of the bombing in Omagh . A couple of Idiots were singing RA songs on the street and I voiced my disgust especially since the killings were so fresh. A bit of handbags and they got the message as others piped in. THAT mentality is something I don’t get and never will accept nor should anyone. Innocent people being blown apart is disgusting, be it Omagh or Talbot Street
                  The Wolf tones songs (whilst terrible music) is not something I’d protest about. They have the right to sing those songs imo. The 70s didn’t start the troubles in Ireland , they were merely a symptom of a bigger ‘empirical’ problem that caused worldwide conflict . SO no matter who side you are on , we should retain some respect for those hurting but similarly they should retain an understanding of the REAL root of all this conflict, the REAL root of all this hatred, sadly they don’t. It’s irrelevant if you don’t want a United Ireland , it will happen and there will be a great celebration and probably some deaths again on both sides.

Before the British Troops came to Ireland there was widespread racism against Catholics and encouraged politically. They were physical violence against ordinary folk just because they were catholic. Read up. It’s interesting . There was a chant I was told by an old Belfast teacher. -> Jesus was born in a stable because the Proddies get all the houses.

The unrest began long before any of the bombings and perhaps if the people were treated equally they might not have forged a hatred for each other. Today you have the bitter and twisted who will not forget and move on . Whilst these people exist there will always be the division and the chanting. Its history and it’s totally hypocritical to expect people to move on when you are not moving on yourself.

Up the RA chants won’t bother people in 10 years in my view imo. If it were 1916 today with all the technology there would be types on here mocking the scumbags in the GPO as footage of the boys singing some ancient United Irishman tunes WhatsApp’d across Dublin.

Stepping back from any personal feelings , it’s a very interesting dynamic that will be studied in years to come and I would hazard a guess the fingers will be pointing across the water.

Comment

coillcam enjoyable pod on Lula vs Bolsonaro. Guest is an expert on Brazil so not just a randomer reporting on it

Comment

Had a lad at work scammed out of €300 in Apple Store vouchers. A simple CEO spoof/fraud email came through the filters and got the lad's number from his reply. Went through the conversation on WhatsApp afterwards. The lad is gutted. A young guy who would be pretty clued in but just was on autopilot for whatever reason,

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                      coillcam enjoyable pod on Lula vs Bolsonaro. Guest is an expert on Brazil so not just a randomer reporting on it
                      Cheers dude, will give it a listen.

Comment

Text to columns in Excel. Divide based on |, then just retain the first two columns. Can then use concat to join them back together. Think that's it, no?
                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Doing a hiking holiday of the Camino next week and think I need some kind of wireless or Bluetooth to link to my phone to listen to music. Is Bluetooth the way to go and just download some music to my phone so I am not using the local network aboard?
                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

yes this will work, but I've got 16 columns of this data per customer, and hundreds of lines of customer data.

So ideally I can just reach in and extract it somehow?
                            Is it all in one cell at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                              Doing a hiking holiday of the Camino next week and think I need some kind of wireless or Bluetooth to link to my phone to listen to music. Is Bluetooth the way to go and just download some music to my phone so I am not using the local network aboard?
                              isn't roaming data free in europe for you guys? it is for the rest of europe and was for the uk till brexshit. Regardless, if you have spotify, you can download as much as you want on your phone and use that offline. re speakers, problem with bluetooth is that they run out of battery, and they won't last a day, so pack a spare set of cabled earphones whilst your bluetooth are charging.

which part of the camino are you doing?

Comment

yes, i have a bad workaround.

but it feels like I should be able to do some sort of =Find Text(After"name"&""&Before"Product_id")
                                Powershell? Basically u want to use charindex to do the above
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

isn't roaming data free in europe for you guys? it is for the rest of europe and was for the uk till brexshit. Regardless, if you have spotify, you can download as much as you want on your phone and use that offline. re speakers, problem with bluetooth is that they run out of battery, and they won't last a day, so pack a spare set of cabled earphones whilst your bluetooth are charging.

which part of the camino are you doing?
                                  Portuguese. Starting point is Tui.
                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

yes, i have a bad workaround.

but it feels like I should be able to do some sort of =Find Text(After"name"&""&Before"Product_id")
                                    Would regexp work for you?

.*name.*)&|sku.*)
                                    should give you
                                    name:Chicken Noodle Satay|product_id:114

Comment

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        I always wondered about that given:

'Republic of' doesn't get used in any other formats iirc. Why does the FAI do it, anyone know?
                                        FIFA decree in the 1950s. Both teams insisted they were the one entitled to be called Ireland. Actually had the farcical situation where there were two teams called Ireland in WC1950 qualifying, groups 1 and 5. 1950 FIFA World Cup qualification - Wikipedia
                                        Neither would give in with the IFAs case being that they had it first, and the FAI having larger geography and more international acceptance.
                                        With neither giving in FIFA did what every good parent would do and took the toys from both kids, and declared them NI and ROI.

Comment

Excel Problem... (possibly requires a non - excel solution)

I've a string of text that I have exported from WooCommerce

SPOILER
                                          name:Chicken Noodle Satay|product_id:114|sku:|quantity:1|total:0.00|su b_total:0.00|_composite_parent:8377e8a0603bb3ad949 5348879ac25f2|_composite_item:1665074707|_componen t_priced_individually:no|_composite_data:a:15:{i:1 665069539;a:10:{s:10:"product_id";i:65;s:8:"quanti ty";i:1;s:12:"quantity_min";i:1;s:12:"quantity_m ax ";i:1;s:8:"discount";s:0:"";s:8:"optional";s:2 :"no ";s:6:"static";s:2:"no";s:5:"title";s:11:"Brea kfas t 1";s:12:"composite_id";i:379;s:4:"type";s:6:"si mpl e";}i:1665069719;a:10:{s:10:"product_id";i:66;s :8: "quantity";i:1;s:12:"quantity_min";i:1;s:12:"q uant ity_max";i:1;s:8:"discount";s:0:"";s:8:"optional"; s:2:"no";s:6:"static";s:2:"no";s:5:"title";s:11:"B reakfast 2";s:12:"composite_id";i:379;s:4:"type";s:6:"si mpl e";}i:1665070054;a:10:{s:10:"product_id";i:66;s :8: "quantity";i:1;s:12:"quantity_min";i:1;s:12:"q uant ity_max";i:1;s:8:"discount";s:0:"";s:8:"optional"; s:2:"no";s:6:"static";s:2:"no";s:5:"title";s:11:"B reakfast 3";s:12:"composite_id";i:379;s:4:"type";s:6:"si mpl e";}i:1665070055;a:10:{s:10:"product_id";i:65;s :8: "quantity";i:1;s:12:"quantity_min";i:1;s:12:"q uant ity_max";i:1;s:8:"discount";s:0:"";s:8:"optional"; s:2:"no";s:6:"static";s:2:"no";s:5:"title";s:11:"B reakfast 4";s:12:"composite_id";i:379;s:4:"type";s:6:"si mpl e";}i:1665070235;a:10:{s:10:"product_id";i:66;s :8: "quantity";i:1;s:12:"quantity_min";i:1;s:12:"q uant ity_max";i:1;s:8:"discount";s:0:"";s:8:"optional"; s:2:"no";s:6:"static";s:2:"no";s:5:"title";s:11:"B reakfast 5";s:12:"composite_id";i:379;s:4:"type";s:6:"si mpl e";}i:1665072998;a:10:{s:10:"product_id";i:93;s :8: "quantity";i:1;s:12:"quantity_min";i:1;s:12:"q uant ity_max";i:1;s:8:"discount";s:0:"";s:8:"optional"; s:2:"no";s:6:"static";s:2:"no";s:5:"title";s:7:"Lu nch 1";s:12:"composite_id";i:379;s:4:"type";s:6:"si mpl e";}i:1665074706;a:10:{s:10:"product_id";i:117; s:8 :"quantity";i:1;s:12:"quantity_min";i:1;s:12:"q uan tity_max";i:1;s:8:"discount";s:0:"";s:8:"optional" ;s:2:"no";s:6:"static";s:2:"no";s:5:"title";s:7:"L unch 2";s:12:"composite_id";i:379;s:4:"type";s:6:"si mpl e";}i:1665074707;a:10:{s:10:"product_id";i:114; s:8 :"quantity";i:1;s:12:"quantity_min";i:1;s:12:"q uan tity_max";i:1;s:8:"discount";s:0:"";s:8:"optional" ;s:2:"no";s:6:"static";s:2:"no";s:5:"title";s:7:"L unch 3";s:12:"composite_id";i:379;s:4:"type";s:6:"si mpl e";}i:1665074708;a:10:{s:10:"product_id";i:114; s:8 :"quantity";i:1;s:12:"quantity_min";i:1;s:12:"q uan tity_max";i:1;s:8:"discount";s:0:"";s:8:"optional" ;s:2:"no";s:6:"static";s:2:"no";s:5:"title";s:7:"L unch 4";s:12:"composite_id";i:379;s:4:"type";s:6:"si mpl e";}i:1665074709;a:10:{s:10:"product_id";i:82;s :8: "quantity";i:1;s:12:"quantity_min";i:1;s:12:"q uant ity_max";i:1;s:8:"discount";s:0:"";s:8:"optional"; s:2:"no";s:6:"static";s:2:"no";s:5:"title";s:7:"Lu nch 5";s:12:"composite_id";i:379;s:4:"type";s:6:"si mpl e";}i:1665080936;a:10:{s:10:"product_id";i:109; s:8 :"quantity";i:1;s:12:"quantity_min";i:1;s:12:"q uan tity_max";i:1;s:8:"discount";s:0:"";s:8:"optional" ;s:2:"no";s:6:"static";s:2:"no";s:5:"title";s:8:"D inner 1";s:12:"composite_id";i:379;s:4:"type";s:6:"si mpl e";}i:1665080937;a:10:{s:10:"product_id";i:82;s :8: "quantity";i:1;s:12:"quantity_min";i:1;s:12:"q uant ity_max";i:1;s:8:"discount";s:0:"";s:8:"optional"; s:2:"no";s:6:"static";s:2:"no";s:5:"title";s:8:"Di nner 2";s:12:"composite_id";i:379;s:4:"type";s:6:"si mpl e";}i:1665080938;a:10:{s:10:"product_id";i:114; s:8 :"quantity";i:1;s:12:"quantity_min";i:1;s:12:"q uan tity_max";i:1;s:8:"discount";s:0:"";s:8:"optional" ;s:2:"no";s:6:"static";s:2:"no";s:5:"title";s:8:"D inner 3";s:12:"composite_id";i:379;s:4:"type";s:6:"si mpl e";}i:1665081634;a:10:{s:10:"product_id";i:93;s :8: "quantity";i:1;s:12:"quantity_min";i:1;s:12:"q uant ity_max";i:1;s:8:"discount";s:0:"";s:8:"optional"; s:2:"no";s:6:"static";s:2:"no";s:5:"title";s:8:"Di nner 4";s:12:"composite_id";i:379;s:4:"type";s:6:"si mpl e";}i:1665081635;a:10:{s:10:"product_id";i:84;s :8: "quantity";i:1;s:12:"quantity_min";i:1;s:12:"q uant ity_max";i:1;s:8:"discount";s:0:"";s:8:"optional"; s:2:"no";s:6:"static";s:2:"no";s:5:"title";s:8:"Di nner 5";s:12:"composite_id";i:379;s:4:"type";s:6:"si mpl e";}}|_composite_cart_key:07dc229cd70c457811a55 842 afb66a94|_composite_item_needs_shipping:yes

From which I want to extract a specific piece of info - it happens to always be the first section of the text string, in this string it is though it may be 1 of 100 products. I have a list of those 100 products if that helps to find a solution?

SPOILER
                                          Chicken Noodle Satay|product_id:114

How do I achieve this?
                                          Something like this =MID(A1,6, FIND("|",A1, FIND("|",A1)+1)-6)

Comment

Irish times yoof correspondent(at 39) putting the fuddy duddy pearl clutchers Andy,Strewel and Raoul in their place
                                            Una Mullally: What does it mean to say ‘up the ’Ra’? And why does it keep happening?

Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

who is this MAN who dares lecture these GIRLS.

Slight awkwardness when it turns out his father was murdered by the IRA and he has devoted a considerable part of his life subsequently to raising the peace agenda wherever possible.

Comment

I was lost to the language thanks to some insane teachers and the generally awful way it was thought anyway which I do slightly regret but something cringy about the affectations of the dub gaelgoir set - the fucking names for one thing
                                                Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

By their friends ye shall know them.

North Korea, Syria, Belarus. That's it.
                                                  Bit rich from Israel

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                    Irish times yoof correspondent(at 39) putting the fuddy duddy pearl clutchers Andy,Strewel and Raoul in their place
                                                    Una Mullally: What does it mean to say ‘up the ’Ra’? And why does it keep happening?

Well played Una . Touches on some of the points i was obviously fsiling to make however some of us have to work.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                      I was lost to the language thanks to some insane teachers and the generally awful way it was thought anyway which I do slightly regret but something cringy about the affectations of the dub gaelgoir set - the fucking names for one thing
                                                      Its genuinely the worst thing about Ireland - dub gaelgoirs - worse than the travelling folk. Its like we've replaced sermonising priests with sermonising irishoirs.

Comment

The brother is currently leading a group to Everest base camp. Meh he likes it. Wish i hasnt started to watch Aftershock on Netflix . Some graphic pics of the quake . Never realised the damage beyond base camp .

Comment

bit longer than up the rah but what a fucking version

Comment

I know a few have said it before but passport renewal online is really something to behold. Invited to a stag last Friday, took out passport on Sunday night to book flights, only to realise it had expired back in June. Straight on to the website and applied. Got the passport yesterday, flights booked this morning. Some service.
                                                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                              I know a few have said it before but passport renewal online is really something to behold. Invited to a stag last Friday, took out passport on Sunday night to book flights, only to realise it had expired back in June. Straight on to the website and applied. Got the passport yesterday, flights booked this morning. Some service.
                                                              I am also off to a stag today
                                                              Liverpool is the destination and as far as I know there is nothing planned bar turning up at the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                That was a REALLY good summary of what's going on, particularly the background. I've heard most of it before but he goes into a lot more detail than is usually reported. Curious about reading some of his stuff on Latin/South America if it's not overly academic. Have you read anything of Forrest Hylton before?

Also if you like John Oliver on HBO it's well worth watching a similar show from HBO Brasil - "Greg News" (free full episodes on youtube with English subs too). The comedian/presenter Gregorio Duvivier is a fantastic all-rounder (writer, comedian, actor) and it's incredibly well-written IMO. Often better than John Oliver. I'd colour that statement with the fact I'm aware of most of what JO is going to talk about where as Gregorio's stuff is clearly novel to me. Sometimes context is a bit lost though through translation or cultural references but you would still get what's going on. It's a brilliantly accessible way of learning about the country, equally outrageous, entertaining and sad. He's on hiatus atm as his types of shows are banned during elections . However the last episode "Filhos", essentially "our sons and daughters" is quite moving stuff as he talks about his recently born daughter and the upcoming election.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Its genuinely the worst thing about Ireland - dub gaelgoirs - worse than the travelling folk. Its like we've replaced sermonising priests with sermonising irishoirs.
                                                                  Is it OK to give your kids Irish names, but not speak Irish?
                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

No doubts about what Elon Musk is now....

Comment

The advantage of living in a democracy is that you can do whatever the fuck you want.

Comment

Maybe telling someone who is voluntarily providing your telecom infrastructure to fuck off wasn't the best of ideas.

Comment

We did a first time application the young lad a couple of months back. Applied online on the Saturday, went to the garda station on Sunday to get them to sign it (necessary for first time app), posted off supporting information (again, only first time application) on Monday, docs showing online as received on Tuesday, application being reviewed by Friday, received the passport on the Wednesday after that, so only a week and a half for a first time application. That's pretty good considering some of the shitshows during covid.

Comment

I really hope we don't lose our Irish names and language. I was quite apathetic about this in the past. More recently while learning Portuguese and travelling a bit more I'm starting to feel like the Irish language is almost splitting away from our identity. Having a few smug gaeilgeoirs from Dublin that you dislike is a small price to pay for preserving part of our history and identity.

The way that Irish was "beaten" into successive generations of kids hasn't helped. Until teaching is incentivised to become more conversation based rather than rote-memorizing poems/grammar it's not going to change. Aside from school, if you aren't in a Gaeltacht pocket there's little to zero use of Irish. That too needs to change.

There's always a perception that Irish people are shite at learning languages. It's not true at all. We actually should have a huge advantage over some other countries in that from 4 years old we get exposed to a second language. Unfortunately the way it's taught and used completely disincentivizes most people from ever trying to learn another language. If you can learn any 2nd language, it makes it much less scary the next time you get exposed to one.

Discounting the odd person from the Gaeltacht. Most of the adults I come across that have any residual knowledge of Irish are primary school teachers. And that's only because they have to use it for their job.

Comment

Giving a talk on decentralised autonomous organisations (DAOs) at 3pm today to one of the very large consulting firms, and started learning about DAOs at 10am today. oh dear lord, I've too much work on the go.

Comment

Looks like Kwarteng is gone and the cuts will be reversed.

Apparently the BOE may come under serious pressure once again due to its fiscal indemnity being triggered.
                                                                                May need V4V to give more insights here but feel the following gives an idea of the issue

“To put this indemnity in context, the abolition in the top rate of tax (of 45p) was projected to have an impact of about GBP2bn per year in the steady state. The BOE indemnity will be GBP20-30bn per year for the next two years and potentially much more later.

Comment

I'd want to stop spending 20mil a month too if I just bought a bunch of whiny fuckers for 44 billion.
                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Maybe telling someone who is voluntarily providing your telecom infrastructure to fuck off wasn't the best of ideas.
                                                                                    If Musk told us we should hand over Cork, Donegal and Galway to Liz Truss, I'm sure we'd respond the same.
                                                                                    He's a self -dealing druggie scumbag.

Comment

What's that m8?
                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

What's that m8?
                                                                                        He was spotted with a Wolfe Tones picture behind him

Comment

If Musk told us we should hand over Cork, Donegal and Galway to Liz Truss, I'm sure we'd respond the same.
                                                                                          He's a self -dealing druggie scumbag.
                                                                                          Are we sure about Donegal.
                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

One of my little ones has a Greek name.
                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

You just don't get many Andromedas or Konstantinas anymore do you, fair play.

Although you being a Dubliner the latter prob get reduced to Tina by her mates Sharon and Britney
                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Adonis? Electra? Aphrodite?

Some pretty cool Greek names out there.

Comment

Adonis? Electra? Aphrodite?

Some pretty cool Greek names out there.
                                                                                                  A Greek Singer is named after my mother

SPOILER
                                                                                                  nana mouskouri

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

We did a first time application the young lad a couple of months back. Applied online on the Saturday, went to the garda station on Sunday to get them to sign it (necessary for first time app), posted off supporting information (again, only first time application) on Monday, docs showing online as received on Tuesday, application being reviewed by Friday, received the passport on the Wednesday after that, so only a week and a half for a first time application. That's pretty good considering some of the shitshows during covid.
                                                                                                    Unreal turnaround.

On the flipside, currently on week 13 waiting on ESB to connect power to our shell of a new build.
                                                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

What's that m8?
                                                                                                      He's under a federal investigation which has made the news as it impacts his Twitter deal fiasco. That probably wasn't news anyway as he's had several investigations with SEC for market manipulation through twitter posts in the past.

Now he's posturing to withdraw Ukraine access to Starlink unless the Pentagon picks up the tab. Ironically most of it was already being heavily funded by other parties (US,UK,Poland govs for example). This is a reaction to being told STFU by a Ukrainian diplomat in response to his statement about reaching a "peaceful" cessation of hostilities. Which was basically Russia to keep the territory de facto for now and let a "real" safe vote happen without the fog of war on the annexed territories.

He's simply an egotistical gowl with a messiah complex and can't take the slightest bit of criticism. Literally the alpha-incel.

Comment

What's that m8?
                                                                                                        Coillcam nailed it.

Comment

Did he call Ukraine a paedophile yet?

Comment

Unreal turnaround.

On the flipside, currently on week 13 waiting on ESB to connect power to our shell of a new build.
                                                                                                            ESB are the worst.

Comment

The advantage of living in a democracy is that you can do whatever the fuck you want.
                                                                                                              In Germany (a democracy) names have to be approved by the state, anything too weird will be rejected

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I know there are some meerlust fans here and the 2018 is in stock in O Briens now.

After getting a recommendation from Lao Lao I decided to make it my "celebratory" wine. So now I have a 2016 for when I get my degree next summer, a 2017 for when I complete my masters 2 years later and a 2018 for when I land my 1st teaching job. Lao Lao started a little tradition in this house.

Comment

Great to have a few phrases on hand. In the shop I worked in I got the chance to speak Irish, French, Chinese and Spanish and a few phrases in Portuguese (had a girl from Portugal working there) Irish would be poor, the others would be just the basic few phrases everyone has.

The Chinese kind of look the most delighted when you greet them with the Ni Hao.
                                                                                                                    Had 2 Chinese women in one time and did my Ni Hao. All smiles and one is looking for a Faber Castell 2B pencil which I produce after a rummage and she's delighted and of course I trot out the "2B or not 2B" line. She was laughing at the joke and wanting me to know she got the reference.
                                                                                                                    Just as well I didn't deliver the "u lay low mo Hai" (misspelt obviously) learnt in the Fitz usually accompanied by a disgusted fold!

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                      I know there are some meerlust fans here and the 2018 is in stock in O Briens now.

After getting a recommendation from Lao Lao I decided to make it my "celebratory" wine. So now I have a 2016 for when I get my degree next summer, a 2017 for when I complete my masters 2 years later and a 2018 for when I land my 1st teaching job. Lao Lao started a little tradition in this house.
                                                                                                                      I have a best before Dec 22 when I complete dinner​​

Comment

Quick wine recommendation...this stuff in Tesco is outstanding for the price:

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Well played Una . Touches on some of the points i was obviously fsiling to make however some of us have to work.
                                                                                                                          LOL Una Mullally, If you are reaching to her as your appeal to authority then you have really lost it

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X