Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve seen lads, more than once, check the river with the stone cold nuts when last to act.

The explanation: “Sure i knew he wasn’t going to call”

Didn’t understand that it was illegal (or at least deeply unethical) at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      But like Degag says it wouldn't be in the top tier of stuff we've seen at the tables, basically he got Chiefed
      I agree with everyone saying this but seeing mad stuff happen in a 1-2 game is a little different from seeing it happen in a 270k pot.

Doug gives his take on the hand.

Comment

Is that just not something like 2-4 in their parlance though?

As in not much above 1-2 in equivalence.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
          Is that just not something like 2-4 in their parlance though?

As in not much above 1-2 in equivalence.
          In the games you see with the billionaires throwing around money you can draw parallels I suppose. She was playing 100 dollar tournaments less than a year ago. She is getting coaching to get better and is backed in the game. I have to imagine 270k is a massive amount of money to her. Calling off 100k as opposed to someone calling off 100 dollars for the LOL's seems quite different.

I mean maybe she has found some sort of sugar daddy and no longer cares about money. Doug said in the video above that she is romantically involved with the guy at the table who is stalking her and he is married.

Edit - I see he has taken the video down probably after people told him he should not be leaking that last bit of info.

Comment

Quite the controversy in racing today when Soumillon, one the most accomplished and senior jockeys in the game elbowed Rossa Ryan off his mount in a race in France, it looks terrible and it's very hard to see any mitigating circumstances, maybe that it looks such an outlandish OTT shove that it could be put down to absolute brain fart

Ryan was lucky to walk away and Soumillon got a 2 month ban but the consensus appears to be that but if he hadn't walked away the ban would have been much more with suggestions that it could of been as even have led to criminal charges.

Here he apologises and IMO plays it as if he thinks it was just one of things that happens. I'm inclined to think that given he admits to using his elbow something like 6 months or a year off would have been more appropriate.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Edit - I see he has taken the video down probably after people told him he should not be leaking that last bit of info.
              What was that?
              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

What was that?
                The wan with the big tittys was allegedly getting slammed by a dude with a cowboy hat who also potentially sending her some poker info somehow . Perhaps through a clever wrist device . Using this info she was able to call with Jack SHIT for more money that 10 boob jobs would cost. Cowboy hat guy is married so probably not how he wants the investigation to go. So there it looks like there is some cheating going on just not sure which type

Fold preflop imo. Nobody gets hurt

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                  Cheers.
                  Sadly comes up as not available in my region.

chrvk the website but no reference to a recent interview.

Comment

If you're around Mountjoy Square / O'Connell Street area tomorrow keep an eye out for Brazilians trekking up to vote in their presendential elections from 8am-5pm.

Anyone wearing a yellow Brazilian football jersey will be supporting Bolsonaro and the people wearing red of some sort will be supporting Lula.

There were 10k additional Brazilians registered with the Dublin embassy this year to vote. They've only 6 booths for voting but they're all electronic. Voting takes seconds to push the button. A little longer to verify your identity and sign in but they'll blitz through the numbers in a very un-Brazilian manner devoid of the typical beuracracy. Ireland, take note of the recounts lasting 1 week to get Robert Troy et al in the door.....

Results will probably be announced by 10pm tomorrow night. If the polls are accurate there's a good chance Lula can be elected in round 1 with 50% + 1 vote majority needed. Anything less and there will be a direct run off in 2-3 weeks with the top 2 candidates.

Fingers crossed Lula will do the business. There's still a shadow cast over his party (PT) from the operation car wash scandal. However the level of corruption in politics in Brazil is endemic at all levels and no politocal party escapes this.

Bolsonaro is lucky that he's been able to strangle all attempts to impeach him (like trump) and not have a any number of scandals blow up in his face. He stands for absolutely nothing other himself and dictatorship aligned far right ideology. That is even being generous to a particularly odious man. He even literally refers to himself as imbrochavel: omni-erect/anti-impotent.

The vote won't even be purely for Lula. It will be as much of a 2 fingers to the Bolsonaro term of misinformation, damaging the amazon, marginalising minorities, land grabbing of indigenous territories and pointing fingers at everyone else for his incompetence.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      Today's parody in Red Square is going to look more like a bad joke when the serfs realise that, even as the Mad Fuhrer speaks, thousands of their soldiers are completely encircled with no hope of escape, bar surrender, in Lyman.
                      Not a good look.
                      5,500 RuSSian troops in Lyman with the options being:
                      1. Surrender
                      2. Die
                      Be interesting to see how many of them choose option 2 and sacrifice themselves for the Mad Tsar in the Kremlin.
                      Quite the PR buzzkill for the fascists after yesterday's nonsense.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

This has me in stitches. I love the fact they keep triggering each other, and ive no idea how they can ever stop. Comedy gold

https://twitter.com/AFC_GLEN/status/...xfQw5_M2A&s=08

Comment

There doesn't seem to be any reasonable logic to her play which led me to assume that she simply panicked when he shoved over her click-back raise on the turn & the all-in call was a brain fart.
                          Maybe mis-read her hand and thought she had bottom pair to catch a semi bluff.

What truly baffles me is handing
                          back his money after the hand is over!
                          Who amongst us would do that after making one of the most insane plays
                          in the history of televised poker?
                          Surely we'd soak up the glory
                          and ride that wave all the way to the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                            This has me in stitches. I love the fact they keep triggering each other, and ive no idea how they can ever stop. Comedy gold

https://twitter.com/AFC_GLEN/status/...xfQw5_M2A&s=08
                            I dated a girl who had one of those laughs, the hee haw one! It wasn't really a thing until we went to see Sonny Condell play a late night gig night in Earlsfort Terrace, this is so long ago it was still UCD. Sonny is quite a funny guy and started off in great form that night but after a while it got a bit surreal when her cackle was dominating the response he was getting from a probably 90% stoned crowd, then he started making an effort not to be funny and that set the crowd giggling and then she'd start heehawing uncontrollably again and that got the whole crowd into hysterics... mad night!

Comment

Quite the controversy in racing today when Soumillon, one the most accomplished and senior jockeys in the game elbowed Rossa Ryan off his mount in a race in France, it looks terrible and it's very hard to see any mitigating circumstances, maybe that it looks such an outlandish OTT shove that it could be put down to absolute brain fart

Ryan was lucky to walk away and Soumillon got a 2 month ban but the consensus appears to be that but if he hadn't walked away the ban would have been much more with suggestions that it could of been as even have led to criminal charges.

Here he apologises and IMO plays it as if he thinks it was just one of things that happens. I'm inclined to think that given he admits to using his elbow something like 6 months or a year off would have been more appropriate.

He's a lucky lucky man. If Rossa has sustained any kind of injury he'd have been gone for a year minimum. Negligence suit would have cost him a few quid too.
                              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Looks to be a fairly nice overlay in the bonnington for anyone in that area. Killarney maybe making a dent.

Comment

Genuine question.

Would it be racist to quote tweet this and simply say 'Quasi Kwarteng'

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                    Genuine question.

Would it be racist to quote tweet this and simply say 'Quasi Kwarteng'
                                    Ah, the quasi thing has been done to death. Though I did like this blast from the past

“Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.”

Comment

Sure i’m missing something extremely straightforward but whats the quasi thing?

Comment

Think it's from someone calling him 'superficially black' https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-63052522

Comment

The Mirror published a pic of a different Black guy.

Quasi means 'apparently, but not really'

Quasi is pretty much a different spelling for Kwasi.

Comment

I just don't think there's a situation more suited to calling him Quasi Kwarteng.

Funny, I was thinking of tweeting something along those lines last night but chickened out.

Was gonna say something like..

'Quasi Kwarteng would make a great Halloween costume if it wasn't for the Blackface'

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

The Mirror published a pic of a different Black guy.

Quasi means 'apparently, but not really'

Quasi is pretty much a different spelling for Kwasi.
                                              Well, it aint racist

But if a joke needs to be explained so thoroughly it probably isn’t great

Then again, i’m a long way through a bottle of gin so it’s more than likely me

Comment

Is there nothing sacred from cheating scandals

Comment

Is there nothing sacred from cheating scandals

Thought the o'fishals did well. There was a lot of money on the line.
                                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                      why are so many people booing?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

why are so many people booing?
                                                        Broooooooce

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Broooooooce
                                                          Think he was joshing .

Comment

Comment

Got up to Dublin what we thought was early with herself for the Brazilian presendential election. Left the queue before we had to jump for lunch with friends as it wasn't too bad. Came back and there's more than double the crowd now, probably 3hrs+ to get through. Which is past the time the polls close ​​​​​​.

Comment

We'll try for another German blitz in the Arc here with Mendoncino

Comment

LOL UTD- just hand the trophy to city now- season is over

Liverpool obv on an off cycle for whatever the club doctors are injecting them with

Comment

Great example of the infantilisation of the west - were kids movie actors stocking their oar in back in WWII - ? Doubt it
                                                                    https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifest...-40973903.html

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                      Got up to Dublin what we thought was early with herself for the Brazilian presendential election. Left the queue before we had to jump for lunch with friends as it wasn't too bad. Came back and there's more than double the crowd now, probably 3hrs+ to get through. Which is past the time the polls close ​​​​​​.
                                                                      Would there not be a rule that if you are in the queue at poll closing time you get counted like in other places?
                                                                      Love to see how many brazilian people have come here in the census now, I've just helped my 3rd one get citizenship.
                                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 02-10-22, 17:46.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

Liverpool obv on an off cycle for whatever the club doctors are injecting them with
                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Would there not be a rule that if you are in the queue at poll closing time you get counted like in other places?
                                                                          Love to see how many brazilian people have come here in the census now, I've just helped my 3rd one get citizenship.
                                                                          Should we be worried / ask why you're collecting Brazillians?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Yes the volunteers went around through the crowd tell people they'd all get to vote once they made it into the queue before 5pm.

As it happened we were doubled back around to entrance again and one of the volunteers started pulling people from the crowd based on their section numbers (16 different sections to match the number of voting machines). One of the near empty sections matched hers so she got swept in with that group well ahead of schedule. Could have had double the machines and a bigger venue as well as splitting the queue to sections earlier. Tbh I don't think they anticipated the turnout or had near enough volunteers. Similar stories in Amsterdam and elsewhere.

Were you sponsoring some colleagues through work or were they mates of yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Should we be worried / ask why you're collecting Brazillians?
                                                                              this is why

https://twitter.com/BRASILWIRE/statu...hdv6YffdGHfOng

Comment

I'm hoping there will be a finance prof, international banker or impactful pension guru about sometime soon who can explain to me WTaF is going on here

Comment

I'm hoping there will be a finance prof, international banker or impactful pension guru about sometime soon who can explain to me WTaF is going on here
                                                                                  On the face of it, looks like a classic case of good intentions gone wrong. Although it's not like anyone's getting hurt or doing anything illegal.

Comment

Mad Vlad really jinxed himself with that shitshow on Friday. His army seem to have taken the hint and are advancing in reverse as fast as possible. In the south as well as the east now.

Comment

Mad Vlad really jinxed himself with that shitshow on Friday. His army seem to have taken the hint and are advancing in reverse as fast as possible. In the south as well as the east now.
                                                                                      It was a bit of a tell that the crowd that were bussed in to Red Square couldn't even be bothered to pretend to look enthused. Lovely setting for an event though.

Comment

Some man!

Comment

Louis CK on Tim Dillon's pod today was one of the better ones. Tim isn't usually good with other people, but it was nice to see them interact

Comment

Some man!

Some man alright
                                                                                            “Sir Mark's personal interests include coursing, cock fighting and bull fighting.[5] Sir Mark was also an enthusiastic and valuable supporter of the Waterloo Cup - the blue riband of the sport of hare coursing. “
                                                                                            Last edited by MysteryGuest; 02-10-22, 22:32.

Comment

Some man alright
                                                                                              “Sir Mark's personal interests include coursing, cock fighting and bull fighting.[5] Sir Mark was also an enthusiastic and valuable supporter of the Waterloo Cup - the blue riband of the sport of hare coursing. “
                                                                                              Fair play to him
                                                                                              great too see a man who is a great trainer win a nice prize
                                                                                              wikipedia is great for feeding the masses shite to talk about

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

Fair play to him
                                                                                                great too see a man who is a great trainer win a nice prize
                                                                                                wikipedia is great for feeding the masses shite to talk about
                                                                                                I just posted some info not sure why you’re getting touchy
                                                                                                its great to see a member of the English landed gentry overcome hardship to train a winning horse- not something you’d expect to see happen

Comment

Some man alright
                                                                                                  You should spend a day at the coursing, you might surprise yourself. It's a great sport very pure, right up your street.

Comment

I just posted some info not sure why you’re getting touchy
                                                                                                    its great to see a member of the English landed gentry overcome hardship to train a winning horse- not something you’d expect to see happen
                                                                                                    I just congratulated the nice man on his fine victory

As mentioned go coursing and enjoy the day out, and keep the Cock and Bull for another day

Comment

Apparently Putin is in excruciating abdominal pain. Makes 2 of us Vlad . Jaysus 2 hours of it. Diet related of course. Never learn. Walking the floors helps .

Comment

I get the feeling liverpool will be like this until after the WC
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                                                                          There doesn't seem to be any reasonable logic to her play which led me to assume that she simply panicked when he shoved over her click-back raise on the turn & the all-in call was a brain fart.
                                                                                                          Maybe mis-read her hand and thought she had bottom pair to catch a semi bluff.

What truly baffles me is handing
                                                                                                          back his money after the hand is over!
                                                                                                          Who amongst us would do that after making one of the most insane plays
                                                                                                          in the history of televised poker?
                                                                                                          Surely we'd soak up the glory
                                                                                                          and ride that wave all the way to the beach.
                                                                                                          I can't get past the idea that she misread the 4 for an ace.
                                                                                                          Everything after that point becomes waffle trying to hid that fact
                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I can't get past the idea that she misread the 4 for an ace.
                                                                                                            Everything after that point becomes waffle trying to hid that fact
                                                                                                            the 'giving the money back' thing is just weird beyond belief

I think it's probably a setup by the casino\production company to create some additional interest (removes tinfoil hat).

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I get the feeling liverpool will be like this until after the WC
                                                                                                              Looking like Arsenal is the only team that could have a chance at stopping the city juggernaut. That or somebody hiring a hitman to take out Haaland. The lad is a beast, makes the game look so easy. It's almost Tuesday night astro for him.

Comment

I'd probably have more respect (from a baseline of zero respect) for Truss & Kwarteng if they had toughed it out and not laughably reversed themselves on the top rate of tax.

Making Boris look like a visionary leader is quite the feat.

Comment

Looking like Arsenal is the only team that could have a chance at stopping the city juggernaut. That or somebody hiring a hitman to take out Haaland. The lad is a beast, makes the game look so easy. It's almost Tuesday night astro for him.
                                                                                                                  the hair though, the hair....

Comment

the hair though, the hair....

Ah he wouldn't look out of place in a Rocky or Bond movie. He literally doesn't GAF and just wants to score goals. He's going to be a generational talent like prime Messi/Ronaldo, arguably he's already at that level. Imagine he's got another 10 good years of top-level performance barring injury or some misfortune. Best of luck to all the centre halves he faces. Would have loved to see how the likes of Paul McGrath or Roy Keane would have tried to deal with him.

Comment

Ah he wouldn't look out of place in a Rocky or Bond movie. He literally doesn't GAF and just wants to score goals. He's going to be a generational talent like prime Messi/Ronaldo, arguably he's already at that level. Imagine he's got another 10 good years of top-level performance barring injury or some misfortune. Best of luck to all the centre halves he faces. Would have loved to see how the likes of Paul McGrath or Roy Keane would have tried to deal with him.
                                                                                                                      Tis the future. Kids these days be towering over the 5ft 11 inch daddys . That used to be considered tall. My mates 16 year old is 6ft 4

Comment

Making Boris look like a visionary leader is quite the feat.
                                                                                                                        That's the plan.
                                                                                                                        He hasn't gone away you know.

Comment

And as for Steve Baker's apology...
                                                                                                                          ​​​​​​
                                                                                                                          ​​​​​​ It's on the level of 'Bless me father for I have sinned... And I'm about to sin again'

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X