This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    I need to get a complicated (for me) excel calculation sheet designed. Are there companies out there that offer that service? Or do any of you excel wizards want a nixer?
    I'm by no means an excel whiz. But I have managed to figure out some pretty complex equations to suit my needs.
    Post it up

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      want to give a brief description? It might be quite straightforward.
      Originally posted by Mellor View Post
      I'm by no means an excel whiz. But I have managed to figure out some pretty complex equations to suit my needs.
      Post it up
      We're manufacturing window roller blinds using several different systems of components depending on sizes of blind, type of blind and customer preference.
      Each system has different measurement allowances for the various components used. We want to be able to enter the size of the blind into a field, the type of system it's being manufactured with into another field and have the calc sheet work out cutting measurements for the various different components.
      We'd also need the sheet to be able to calculate decimalised imperial measurements as well as metric.

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
      Generally I'd go with Hitch's suggestion Conor. If you need pretty complex Managenent information systems using Excel or Access databases my company does that.
      Does the above sound like something you guys can do V?
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Group A
        Manchester United (ENG)
        Fenerbahçe (TUR)
        Feyenoord (NED)
        Zorya Luhansk (UKR)

Group D
        Zenit (RUS)
        AZ Alkmaar (NED)
        Maccabi Tel-Aviv (ISR)
        Dundalk (IRL)

Group K
        Internazionale Milano (ITA)
        Sparta Praha (CZE)
        Southampton (ENG)
        Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR)

Comment

That must be close to as good a draw as they could have got if having a chance of qualifying rather than making money is what they are after, yea?
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            That must be close to as good a draw as they could have got if having a chance of qualifying rather than making money is what they are after, yea?
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

We're manufacturing window roller blinds using several different systems of components depending on sizes of blind, type of blind and customer preference.
              Each system has different measurement allowances for the various components used. We want to be able to enter the size of the blind into a field, the type of system it's being manufactured with into another field and have the calc sheet work out cutting measurements for the various different components.
              We'd also need the sheet to be able to calculate decimalised imperial measurements as well as metric.

One of the contractors working for themselves here on IPB could probably knock that up for you pretty quickly. They'll be cheaper than us! If you can't get anyone give me a shout next week and I'll get one of our excel whizzes to work with you. Shouldn't take more than a day.
              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Someone from this thread would probably do that for you for a very reasonable amount

Originally Posted by pudley4 How is it figuring out the productivity factor? Is it taking the values of each of those cells and looking them up based o

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

I helped one of my mates who owns a blind company with something like this recently. Server and 4 desktops, they run software called blinddata

http://www.ball-software.com/

I havent used it hands on past the implementation stage, but I imagine their requirements were similar to yours.

The effort to reward ratio on your time and energy could be pretty poor doing this adhoc TBH.
                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                        I helped one of my mates who owns a blind company with something like this recently. Server and 4 desktops, they run software called blinddata

http://www.ball-software.com/

I havent used it hands on past the implementation stage, but I imagine their requirements were similar to yours.

The effort to reward ratio on your time and energy could be pretty poor doing this adhoc TBH.
                        We've been looking at that software alright and it will do the job but it seems to do a lot of other stuff that Sage already covers for us so I thought maybe an excel solution would offer us more value.

Comment

Watching Reel Wars and they are fishing in west Ireland and showed a picture of map and its marked as Loch Sheamais Mhic Conraoi.
                          Cant find it on a map and wondering if someone can let me know where it is/post a map of location

Never heard of it before.

Comment

Are these static values or can be anything?
                            ie. list of 10, 20 67 whatever

If the former, it sounds like a very simply access form

what I'm thinking is a drop down list of sizes
                            a drop down list of systems

55" | Falange System

=

22x3x4 wood
                            22x3x4 plastic
                            etc etc

or something
                            Last edited by DeadParrot; 26-08-16, 13:21.
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Definitely explore your options.They charge a yearly fee which would be negated by a manual sheet. Only snag is, included in the yearly fee is the fact that crowd have been though the ringer with dozens of blind companies at this stage and you get the benefit of all that trial and error.
                              The design of it would be straightforward enough for an excel expert. The gap between what you want and what they understand from what you ask can get pretty big sometimes. You could find yourself as middle man a few months from now asking someone to revisit a project they have long forgotten about to make what to them seems a trivial change but to your guys using it is causing a lot of hassle. Some of my own personal experiences in things like this may be affecting my bias mind you.

If you want me to ask my mate anything about blindata am sure he wouldnt mind. He has had it for a right few years now on a standalone PC, got me to setup a desktop and screen at phone for ordering, two at production line, another at postage area and one for himself to manage the system. I dont think he uses sage so there might be a fair bit of overlap there for you alright.
                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

What does a DNA test do for you?

Those homemade jaffa cakes look delish. The store ones are an eternally disappointing biscuit, even though they should be great.

This is how you do home made jaffa cake!

May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Comment

LOL Scum Fein/IRA keeping Women and children homeless for propaganda.

Homeless campaigner Erica Fleming, who lives in a hotel with her daughter, turned down two offers of accommodation, according to an internal Dublin City Council report seen by the Sunday Independent.

Comment

You should really post a positive SF story sometime SP.

Comment

Should be pretty straight forward, depending on the actual way it's worked out.
                                        Size cell is the input. Either any input, or restricted to a drop down.
                                        They type is a drop down system A, system B, etc
                                        How complex the next part is depends on how complex the decisions are.
                                        Best way would probably be to have a separate cells for each component. Made up of IF statements.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                          The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                              Looking everywhere for one, when I find it I'll be sure to let you know

Comment

Looking everywhere for one, when I find it I'll be sure to let you know
                                                It's not that hard m8

Comment

Made it to Sligo, Knock and back on my own in the plane today, which was the last requirement for the training. Just a mock test next week and then the real thing to go.

Sligo is a lovely spot from the air. Airport is a bit ropey though, out on a peninsula so water at both ends or the runway...no room for error.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                    Made it to Sligo, Knock and back on my own in the plane today, which was the last requirement for the training. Just a mock test next week and then the real thing to go.

Sligo is a lovely spot from the air. Airport is a bit ropey though, out on a peninsula so water at both ends or the runway...no room for error.
                                                    Yeah you should ask Aslan all about that they ended up off the back of it a few years back
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

That view of the reeks as you come over the hill into Castleisland never gets old. Great few days in Belfast. JamieCarra is a 10/10 host

Comment

16:55 on a Friday evening seems the most common time for a server to fucking shit itself
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I thought thia was a very nice video of the moments before during and after the fight
                                                          A short film documentary following Conor McGregor before and after his fight with Nate Diaz at UFC 202 in Las Vegas on 20 August 2016.Get Conor's Training Pr...

Comment

LOL Scum Fein/IRA keeping Women and children homeless for propaganda.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-34981951.html
                                                            This story tilts the fucking bejaysus out of me and not just because it's written by the Sindo

The HAP scheme is not the same thing as been on the housing list. If she takes something from the HAP scheme, she can very easily (and probably most likely) go through the same thing in a few months and be homeless again and be at the very end of the housing list all over again also. If she was offered two places under HAP, she was right to turn them down IMO and should not be lambasted for doing so. By doing so, she is looking out for the long term welfare of her and her family.

Actually the big story around this was that Dublin City Council is willing to leak / sell your private information to newspapers in order to embarass you.
                                                            This. Spin and more fucking spin that the Sindo spout out to try and deflect from the problem that we have a huge homeless problem in Ireland that we both from a government point of view and as a society as a whole have utterly failed the most vulnerable people in our society.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                              This. Spin and more fucking spin that the Sindo spout out to try and deflect from the problem that we have a huge homeless problem in Ireland that we both from a government point of view and as a society as a whole have utterly failed the most vulnerable people in our society.
                                                              it's in the Irish Times too, if that makes you feel better

Seems pretty clear that she has a massive sense of entitlement (to free housing), so much so that she's making her kids life shit by turning down offers. Beggars\choosers, etc.
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by hitch
                                                                . The store ones are an eternally disappointing biscuit, even though they should be great.
                                                                They are a cake m8, proven in a court of law no less.

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                Ugh, Friday morning hangovers. We're having "Team Time" so everyone is chatting and eating cakes I can't eat. I just want to hide in a quiet corner.
                                                                Seriously, if they dont provide cake/confectionery that you can eat, I think you should just not attend.

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                RDIII ,Heres a great vid to get uou back in with the bossof MCG and the backstage build up and aftermath of the fight,really well put together, what a life.

official Ireland and Rte Radio 1listeners are never going to get it
                                                                Anytime I hear people online moaning about cockfighting etc for some reason I get this mental picture of a guy with elbow patches on his jacket starting a conversation in a pub about a great Fintan O Tools article he read the other day
                                                                watched that last night and.wondered if the voice cheering and whistling around the 9.15 mark could be zuut
                                                                Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 26-08-16, 19:34.
                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Chocolate Caramel Milk, drop of Cream, lotsa ice and a shot of Tia Maria.

Probably make my millions off this.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                    Are these static values or can be anything?
                                                                    ie. list of 10, 20 67 whatever

If the former, it sounds like a very simply access form

what I'm thinking is a drop down list of sizes
                                                                    a drop down list of systems

55" | Falange System

=

22x3x4 wood
                                                                    22x3x4 plastic
                                                                    etc etc

or something
                                                                    It's a touch more complicated than that. The size field can be anything, the system fields will be static, then there's a few different types of sizes, as in how they're measured that add to the fun.

I think we're gonna go with mocata's advice after a bit of discussion this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                      it's in the Irish Times too, if that makes you feel better

Seems pretty clear that she has a massive sense of entitlement (to free housing), so much so that she's making her kids life shit by turning down offers. Beggars\choosers, etc.
                                                                      Not really but The Times does present the story a lot better where as the Sindo is pure spin.

I don't see her as having a massive sense of entitlement or looking for a free house. Social housing is not free. It may not be market value but it's not free. I also don't think she is making her kids life hell by turning down an offer that is not suitable for them and can end them up in the same, if not worse, situation again.

She is also highlighting a problem that badly needs to be highlighted and I comend her for that. She may of course be using this opportunity to further help her own case but I have no problem with that. I wouldn't wish her situation on anybody

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                        Definitely explore your options.They charge a yearly fee which would be negated by a manual sheet. Only snag is, included in the yearly fee is the fact that crowd have been though the ringer with dozens of blind companies at this stage and you get the benefit of all that trial and error.
                                                                        The design of it would be straightforward enough for an excel expert. The gap between what you want and what they understand from what you ask can get pretty big sometimes. You could find yourself as middle man a few months from now asking someone to revisit a project they have long forgotten about to make what to them seems a trivial change but to your guys using it is causing a lot of hassle. Some of my own personal experiences in things like this may be affecting my bias mind you.

If you want me to ask my mate anything about blindata am sure he wouldnt mind. He has had it for a right few years now on a standalone PC, got me to setup a desktop and screen at phone for ordering, two at production line, another at postage area and one for himself to manage the system. I dont think he uses sage so there might be a fair bit of overlap there for you alright.
                                                                        As I said above there I think your advice is sound, I think we're gonna give blindata a whirl, we'll get their rep in and get a demo anyway.

The trial and error aspect of it swayed me, as you've said they've ironed out issues at this stage. Looking more into it today there seems to be some Sage integration which will work well for us.

Cheers for the advice buddy, same to all of you.

Comment

What tv shows should I be watching? Up to date with all the usual suspects. What new ones have started?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                            What tv shows should I be watching? Up to date with all the usual suspects. What new ones have started?
                                                                            Emmerdale, Home & Away and Fair City m8

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                              Emmerdale, Home & Away and Fair City m8
                                                                              Corrie, Neighbours and my Glenroe boxset. Sorted

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Have hammered Netflix hard the last couple of months, Would recommend all of the following:-

Stranger Things
                                                                                    Peaky Blinders
                                                                                    The Get Down
                                                                                    Last Chance U
                                                                                    Orange is The New Black

Comment

That's a tv show?

Just Googled now and see that famed movie critic Robert Ebert slated it and gave it one and a half stars. lolz.
                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Fairly shite social protection system if you're classified as a beggar if you need to avail of social protections. Didn't click on the link again, but isn't she the one who is going to uni? So shes hardly a beggar, she just needs assistance. Its very fcking hard if you don't have someone like a family to fall back on. I presume any of us who think otherwise worked our way through uni to cover all our accomodation, living, uni costs, and didn't accept a penny from the middle class parents we were lucky to have?
                                                                                        She's been offered assistance!

And rejected it.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                            ... If she takes something from the HAP scheme, she can very easily (and probably most likely) go through the same thing in a few months and be homeless again and be at the very end of the housing list all over again also.
                                                                                            I am told there is a minimum lease under the HAP of 12 months which can be extended to 24 Months so I don't know where you are getting the couple of months part from. Thats as much and more security than most renters have.

The bolded bit is just wrong. If you want to stay on the housing list when taking a HAP rental you can.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                              Chocolate Caramel Milk, drop of Cream, lotsa ice and a shot of Tia Maria.

Probably make my millions off this.
                                                                                              Needs more Vodka

Comment

Damn hipsters queued up and bought the two art pieces I wanted. Feck sake. Wine was good, somebody was playing a giant harp in the corner (art exhibitions are everything I imagined it seems) and bought 3 other things. My friends stuff sold so not so bad. Got something by that viral Conor McGregor artist. Now I have to commission the fox woman and pay way more ;_;

Did you go Eamon?
                                                                                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 26-08-16, 20:36.

Comment

I am told there is a minimum lease under the HAP of 12 months which can be extended to 24 Months so I don't know where you are getting the couple of months part from. Thats as much and more security than most renters have.

The bolded bit is just wrong. If you want to stay on the housing list when taking a HAP rental you can.
                                                                                                  From Citizens Advice:
                                                                                                  You will be expected to stay in your HAP accommodation for at least 2 years,
                                                                                                  This woman is doing this for political reasons, pure and simple.

Comment

Try Spotless.

Comment

The word is bandied around a lot but a true music genius died yesterday aged 91.

Rudy Van Gelder recorded most of the jazz greats including John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk, Sonny Rollins, Art Blakey, Joe Henderson, Freddie Hubbard, Wayne Shorter, and Horace Silver.

What an life that must have been.

Comment

My bolded bit isn't wrong. Below is from citizens information

If you are housed under HAP, you will no longer be on the local authority’s housing list. However, you can apply for transfer to other forms of social housing. If you do apply for a transfer as soon as you enter HAP, any time that you spent on the housing list can be taken into account when your local authority considers your application.

The reality of it is, you go back to the bottom of the list.

Can't multi quote from the phone but the bit RDIII posted up is true, you are expected to stay there for 24 months but there is no guarantee that the landlord will allow it. That's just the reality of it.

If you don't believe me, you can always try find out for yourselves. The next Monday night you are free, take a spin into the GPO and help out in the homeless soup run I help run there every Monday night, where we normally feed in excess of 300 people each time.

If you lose the attitude of beggers can't be choosers and Scum Fein propaganda, some of the folk may even talk to you and tell you how it really is. Can't guarantee it mind as some people don't want/like to talk about their situation but we've heard some stories since we started it 6 months ago.

It's not for the faint hearted though. A lot of people with serious adictions rock up aswell and they are treated the same as everyone else. It can get a little hairy sometimes but thankfully we avoided any real trouble so far.

Comment

This is one of those arguments that I'm really struggling to pick a side on. RD and Lao making equally valid points.

Comment

Off to Cork tomorrow with WhiteKnights woman ,( grub and pub recommendations please )Grub has to have a good vegetarian option and has to have steak!

Hopefully come home in one piece and no broken bones
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                              Off to Cork tomorrow with WhiteKnights woman ,( grub and pub recommendations please )Grub has to have a good vegetarian option and has to have steak!

She is madder than you, and that's saying something. People of Cork should be warned to evacuate.

Comment

Scoozi's

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                  She is madder than you, and that's saying something. People of Cork should be warned to evacuate.
                                                                                                                  Ah thanks, I kinda feel sane now
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

This is one of those arguments that I'm really struggling to pick a side on. RD and Lao making equally valid points.
                                                                                                                    Yeah would have sympathy in that a lot of where you end up in life is down to sheer luck. She is being used by Sinn vein to embarrass government though.
                                                                                                                    The housing situation in Dublin just seems uber grim,why the fuck won't they build up and high density? Fuck the Irish times "it'll ruin the character of the city" nimbus.

Comment

Scoozi's
                                                                                                                      just checked site:

We are a family-owned restaurant where kids are made very welcome!

sounds perfect
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                                                        Have hammered Netflix hard the last couple of months, Would recommend all of the following:-

Stranger Things
                                                                                                                        Peaky Blinders
                                                                                                                        The Get Down
                                                                                                                        Last Chance U
                                                                                                                        Orange is The New Black
                                                                                                                        Sound. Only one I haven't seen is the get down so will give it a spin. I tried stranger things and couldn't get into it. Worth going back to?

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                        Try Spotless.
                                                                                                                        That looks pretty good. Cheers.

Comment

just checked site:

We are a family-owned restaurant where kids are made very welcome!

sounds perfect
                                                                                                                          Well it was more to do with the fact they have veggie options and steak. It's also a savage restaurant. Always go there when I'm in Cork.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X