This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
    Sorry Strewelly, this conversation is only for counties who have won an All Ireland in living memory. Even you're not that old.
    Even my 86 year old father wasn't alive then... fucking Ja Fallon
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Usually a big bowl of fruit and Greek yogurt with some mixed seeds occasionally porridge made with water and salt and a handful of blueberries.

good Kedgeree is the king of breakfasts, heres one I made a while ago
      What's in that?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        Even my 86 year old father wasn't alive then... fucking Ja Fallon
        At least you remember them being in a final. Sligo have never been in a senior all Ireland of either code, and practically zero chance if that changing in my lifetime. They actually won an AI semi way back in the 20's, but because of some stupid rule the GAA made up probably back then, they had to replay the Connacht semi final and lost that. 4 Connacht titles ever, only 1 in my lifetime. A few others in the same boat, but still makes GAA less interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
          Has been going on longer than that but maybe that helps.

You forget his moving the telly story?
          TV story?
          Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
          What do you bucks typically eat for breakfast?
          Peanutbutter cocoa banana protein smoothie or granola

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
            Is there a way to watch American Netflix these days on laptop?
            Anyone? Need to get my hands on season 3 of Peaky Blinders.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              Breakfast for me is generally homemade granola.
              How do you make this?
              All I can find in shops has some bullshit fruit or seeds mixed in that I don't like.
              Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 24-08-16, 20:20.

Comment

Anyone? Need to get my hands on season 3 of Peaky Blinders.

I have found this pretty good for most shows of late. If you are happy to use a netflix alternative that is.
                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Breakfast for me is generally homemade granola with some yogurt and homemade fruit coulis. Takes about 30 mins of prep at the weekend and does all week.
                  That's surprisingly hipster-ish!
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

How do you make this?
                    Generally I put some whole almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, porridge oats, honey and maybe some dessicated coconut in a blender and roughly blitz a bit but not into dust, then roast in the oven for 15 mins, giving a bit of a mix up once or twice to get an even bake, and then just keep it in an airtight container. Usually keeps a couple of weeks, depending how much I do. I usually mix in some raisins as well post cooking.

I buy all the bits in LIDL so not too expensive. I used to put pecans in it too, but they stopped selling those.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      That's surprisingly hipster-ish!
                      Every couple of years I do about 6-8 months of trying to eat better and exercise. I'm in that phase now for the last 6 weeks. Outside of that time though I'm less good with my breakfast.

Comment

Generally I put some whole almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, porridge oats, honey and maybe some dessicated coconut in a blender and roughly blitz a bit but not into dust, then roast in the oven for 15 mins, giving a bit of a mix up once or twice to get an even bake, and then just keep it in an airtight container. Usually keeps a couple of weeks, depending how much I do. I usually mix in some raisins as well post cooking.

I buy all the bits in LIDL so not too expensive. I used to put pecans in it too, but they stopped selling those.
                        Sound, I must give this a go.

Comment

Sound, I must give this a go.
                          Yes, sounds far less rancid than my own prejudiced notion.

Although I will never look on 5star quite the same way again.

Comment

Yes, sounds far less rancid than my own prejudiced notion.

Although I will never look on 5star quite the same way again.
                            2 or 3 spoons of full fat greek or natural yogurt with some fruit coulis (just simmered fruit in a little water and a small bit of evil sugar blended) is very nice and keeps me full until lunch. Put far less in a bowl than you would cereal though or you'll be eating for an hour.

Comment

2 or 3 spoons of full fat greek or natural yogurt with some fruit coulis (just simmered fruit in a little water and a small bit of evil sugar blended) is very nice and keeps me full until lunch. Put far less in a bowl than you would cereal though or you'll be eating for an hour.
                              'tis far from granola and coulis you were reared.

Maybe on the Coulis Penninsula.

Comment

'tis far from granola and coulis you were reared.

Maybe on the Coulis Penninsula.
                                Not near there either, but the point is very right

Comment

Atm two slices of toast with half a banana sliced on top and homey over it. Not a big breakfast. Yesterday that was the only food I had in me over a 21 hour period.

My favourite over the past year has been porridge with granola, sliced banana, blueberries, and chia seeds on top. Had to stop eating it as porridge is a diuretic and I was urinating too frequently due to it. Which is weird.

Comment

Bacon N Eggs and a coffee.

Sometimes a bacon and egg wrap with Ballymaloe.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        Pain au raisin (think that's the English word too) and what is maybe an apple filled croissant. Really getting to dislike that, but it's the only breakfast option if you eat out of the house. Can't wait until the nutribullet-knockoff arrives early next week then it's kaletime! From reading on it, the general strategy on nutribullets seems to be to half-fill with manky but worthy things like kale and then the other half with some sort of juice to cover up the manky taste.
                                        Pro Tip - Freeze the Kale, you won't taste it. Its better that way.

Comment

Weekdays: Banana or porridge
                                          Weekend: Anything from leftover pizza, bacon and egg roll to vodka, depending on how weekend is going.
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Lot of fat peeps here claiming to have super healthy breakfasts etc. Must be sucking on lumps of lard in secret.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                http://stream-tv2.to/

I have found this pretty good for most shows of late. If you are happy to use a netflix alternative that is.
                                                Thank you, that's working a treat.

Comment

No time for breakfast most mornings, usually max out on the snooze button, have a quick shower and a teaspoon of peanut butter before running out the door to try not be ten minutes late again. Might grab a banana if there's more than one.
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

It's not really that clever. I always thought it was pretty GTO to do that exact thing because it's the only way of guaranteeing you money. That was until i watched a podcast with Liv Boree a couple of weeks ago. She was famously on Goldenballs when she was an aspiring poker pro and she said that players were told that they 100% cannot offer a deal like this when down to 2 players. She also said that you don't see the other players before or after the game so something like this would be very hard to strike a deal on.

Comment

Weekday: Porridge and fruit/nuts, or eggs (scrambled, omelette) and a coffee
                                                      Weekend: Eggs, sausage, avocado. Or maybe go out for something similar and a coffee

Comment

Thank fuck we've gotten off retirement plans eh m8s
                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                          TV story?

Peanutbutter cocoa banana protein smoothie or granola
                                                          Ill pick one of them up off you some morning.

surprised at the amount of porridge eaters, find it hard to eat.

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                          No time for breakfast most mornings, usually max out on the snooze button, have a quick shower and a teaspoon of peanut butter before running out the door to try not be ten minutes late again. Might grab a banana if there's more than one.
                                                          Happy 3 year avatar anniversary mate

Comment

Breakfast >>>>>>>>>>>Retirement plans

Comment

Might do a breakfast with you rigger vine each week
                                                              Roll up.

Comment

Sorry Strewelly, this conversation is only for counties who have won an All Ireland in living memory. Even you're not that old.
                                                                Stop trying to save yourself. Typical GAA scumdub who pretends its grand if they lose before they play.
                                                                Can't remember why I quoted this. EDIT, YOU READ REDDIT

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                Lot of fat peeps here claiming to have super healthy breakfasts etc. Must be sucking on lumps of lard in secret.
                                                                You have become a shadow of yourself. You must suck on bitter shit like your thumbs.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                It's not really that clever. I always thought it was pretty GTO to do that exact thing because it's the only way of guaranteeing you money. That was until i watched a podcast with Liv Boree a couple of weeks ago. She was famously on Goldenballs when she was an aspiring poker pro and she said that players were told that they 100% cannot offer a deal like this when down to 2 players. She also said that you don't see the other players before or after the game so something like this would be very hard to strike a deal on.
                                                                You probably analyse dinner, mrsFD is a saint.

Whose next? Say things to me, I am angry.

Comment

You are a below average person.
                                                                  Conor McTapOut got lucky.
                                                                  Wicklow is Dublin's bumhole.

Comment

On a daily basis.
                                                                    Lordy Xmas falls in my estimation.
                                                                    And CHD rises up a peg.

Strange Times

Comment

Cheers m8. You were supposed to have a go at him.

Comment

You are a below average person.
                                                                        Conor McTapOut got lucky.
                                                                        Wicklow is Dublin's bumhole.
                                                                        Pretty sure im going to Wicklas front garden on Friday, Deko?

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                        On a daily basis.
                                                                        And CHD rises up a peg.

Strange Times
                                                                        Lottie is my internet father. We have a whole star wars thing going.

Cheers m8. You were supposed to have a go at him.
                                                                        You want people to have a go at me?.. Da...

Comment

On a daily basis.
                                                                          And CHD rises up a peg.

Strange Times
                                                                          Ah I see what you tried there.

Comment

Up at the craic of 11 on Sat so can't overdo it. Grand opening of the new playground in the GAA, you should cone.

Comment

Up at the craic of 11 on Sat so can't overdo it. Grand opening of the new playground in the GAA, you should cone.
                                                                              Kildare?

Comment

90% of time 2 weetabix and a bacon butty/sausage sannie
                                                                                7% of time poached egg on slice of ham on slice of toast
                                                                                2% of time shredded wheat and a boiled egg
                                                                                1% of time (and I feking love it) Bacon on toast with melted cheese with a soft fried egg on top

Comment

Trump had UKIP Nigel rally for him yesterday?

The trump fans must be sick. Denny probably out of work for a week after headbutting his bedroom wall.

Comment

Had committee meeting tonight for our fishing club. Voted to have 2 members kicked out for cheating. Both members good friends. Sad when you feel the need to cheat at fishing with your friends.

They were getting fish off non club members for competitions as well as meeting up and exchanging fish to maximise winnings. Also fishing the days before competitions and keeping the fish in 'live wells' for competitions.

Everyone had their suspicions for a while but were averse to stand up and say what they saw/heard etc but after recent events accepted that club constitutional rules had been broken and action had to be taken. It was not good for reputation of club and for hotels/bars that sponsored us.

Recorded delivery letters being sent to them tmw and not looking forward to expected phone calls.

Gonna be hard to stay friends with ppl I know for 20 yrs odd because of this.

Last time we kicked a member out was for hitting a nurse in casualty dept of hospital after being brought there drunk when he crashed a car.

Fishing is supposed to be fun ffs

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                      Had committee meeting tonight for our fishing club. Voted to have 2 members kicked out for cheating. Both members good friends. Sad when you feel the need to cheat at fishing with your friends.

They were getting fish off non club members for competitions as well as meeting up and exchanging fish to maximise winnings. Also fishing the days before competitions and keeping the fish in 'live wells' for competitions.

Everyone had their suspicions for a while but were averse to stand up and say what they saw/heard etc but after recent events accepted that club constitutional rules had been broken and action had to be taken. It was not good for reputation of club and for hotels/bars that sponsored us.

Recorded delivery letters being sent to them tmw and not looking forward to expected phone calls.

Gonna be hard to stay friends with ppl I know for 20 yrs odd because of this.

Last time we kicked a member out was for hitting a nurse in casualty dept of hospital after being brought there drunk when he crashed a car.

Fishing is supposed to be fun ffs
                                                                                      Wow... Didn't know fishing could be this interesting.

Any other stories you can share with us? Seriously interested. I love to hear of dirty tricks,
                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Be seriously disappointed if there are no fish puns today.
                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Any other stories you can share with us? Seriously interested. I love to hear of dirty tricks,
                                                                                          Shows that anyfin is possible when things are competitive

Comment

Be seriously disappointed if there are no fish puns today.
                                                                                            It's hardly the time or the plaice.

Comment

It's hardly the time or the plaice.
                                                                                              Are you codding me? Always time for tails.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Quadruple espresso.
                                                                                                    Maybe a jambon if they look nice in the cabinet
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Time for me and Raoul to shine today with that 400-page book read on the history of cod!

Comment

I think everyone has given up on fish puns. Come on folks, dont be koi
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                          Atm two slices of toast with half a banana sliced on top and homey over it.
                                                                                                          Very racist dude. Not cool.

Comment

Once you're hooked, anything is possible. Don't go trawling through old posts for worse stuff.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                  I think everyone has given up on fish puns. Come on folks, dont be koi
                                                                                                                  Some of them are carp if truth be told

Comment

So let me get this straight... SinnFein/IRA claim to be a socialist party but are rejecting the idea of an increase in property taxes in favour of keeping USC on all workers earning over the minimum wage.

You really couldn't make this shit up... again the key question is does Doherty actually believe the shite that comes out of his own mouth or is he just willing to say anything no matter how stupidly doublethink it is because it plays to the dummies
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                      Nah. Wouldn't feel as good taking it off you. Zod always posts this supremacy bullshit from the comfort of his bandwagon. Soon as you call him on it he runs. As we just witnessed.
                                                                                                                      I don't need to run, I'm standing astride the bandwagon as it ploughs through kerry's midfield.
                                                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Ah all that supremacy stuff is just good fun. Anyone who really loves Dublin football knows we are going through a purple patch. Knowing our luck the same thing that happened last time we had one will also happen: Kerry will dominate for a generation with a bunch of young lads (ominous signs from those minor teams...)

I was commenting to a friend this week that Kerry are the best team in Ireland to play as a Dub. It's the best game, it's the best atmosphere, it's the best build up, it's the best teams and, more than anything else: it's the best fans. I was there when Kerry beat us in 2009 and 2001 and the Kerry lads were absolute gentlemen. Completely magnanimous in victory. Then when we nicked one in 2011 (all those steps... so SO many steps) they were just as gracious despite being gutted. In 2013 the same - and 2015. To paraphrase Kipling; Kerry men meet triumph and disaster and treat both the same and are the best of people for it.

I love Dublin v Kerry. Up the Dubs, but Up the Kingdom too.
                                                                                                                        Anyone else annoyed by this happy clappy lets be friends bullshit every year, its against the very ethos of sporting rivalry.
                                                                                                                        And its completely wrong also, I'd say Keane would go all Goodfellas Pesci on you given the chance and if I know Careca at all (which I don't) I'd reckon he takes defeat very badly and would like to crack a few Dublin skulls.

Comment

TBH I don't want Mayo to win.
                                                                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X